User Tag List

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What immediate steps would you take if you became PCB CEO?

What do you think are the major problems in the existing structure and setup of PCB? And how are you going to fix it?
    Where is the functionality broken and how are you going streamline it?

What would be your short term and long terms goals, and how are you going to achieve them?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I will start with a 10 point agenda:

(1) I would hide the 1992 World Cup trophy somewhere in my room and tell everyone involved in Pakistan cricket that it was a fluke and not a recipe for success.

(2) I would ban the following words from Pakistan cricket: talent, unpredictable, cornered tigers, mercurial. Anyone found using these words within PCB jurisdiction will be sacked immediately.

(3) I would tell everyone that there is no talent in Pakistan and we will have to start from scratch to create talent.

These would be my immediate, short-term goals that wouldnít take more than a day.

In terms of long-term goals, I would do the following:

(4) I would try to come to an arrangement with all the top schools in the country to invest in cricket. All schools will have proper cricket teams and they will play hard ball cricket with proper rules. They will obviously be inter-school tournaments and scholarships will be provided to young players.

To encourage focus on education, the cricketers will be told that if they fail their exams, they will be dropped from the cricket team regardless of how well they have performed on the pitch.

So you have to find a way to balance both. If you canít, too bad.

(5) For those players who are not part of the school system which will obviously be the majority, I will employ qualified English instructors at the junior level and these players will have to pass English exams periodically.

(6) Coaches in domestic cricket who are unqualified will be sacked and asked to reapply after receiving qualifications.

(7) Every single off-spinner in the system will have his action checked. Any chucker will be banned immediately.

(8) All the national team coaches including the selector will be foreign.

(9) in terms of revamping FC cricket, I would increase no of teams to 10. There will be of course no compromise on the standard of balls and pitches. They have to be international grade.

(10) No player will be fast-tracked into the national team purely on the back of PSL performances. The players will be clearly told that PSL is a platform to get yourself recognized nationally, but if you do not have performances in FC cricket, you will be ineligible for selection.

* There will be no stupid statements with respect to BCCI and the Big 3 monopoly. As the chief of a small, weak and mediocre cricket nation, I will tread carefully and make peace with my standing in the game.

If there is an opportunity to get into the good books of these boards, I will not hesitate in the name of patriotism. People will cry now but you have to look at the bigger picture.

These will be the things that I would look at in the first couple of years of my tenure and then review the progress and impact of these changes.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give season tickets to my family and friends. Give my relatives first class contracts, might appoint a few relatives to various positions such as DG and chief selector. Gotta a take care of your own before you take care of others.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I will dream a little longer so i can become President of Pakistan and Patron in Chief of Cricket.

Anyone here who thinks the PCB CEO is very independent and change Pakistan cricket entirely on his own needs to dream a bit harder.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

(1) I would hide the 1992 World Cup trophy somewhere in my room and tell everyone involved in Pakistan cricket that it was a fluke and not a recipe for success.

(2) I would ban the following words from Pakistan cricket: talent, unpredictable, cornered tigers, mercurial. Anyone found using these words within PCB jurisdiction will be sacked immediately.

(3) I would tell everyone that there is no talent in Pakistan and we will have to start from scratch to create talent.

These would be my immediate, short-term goals that wouldn’t take more than a day.

(4) I would try to come to an arrangement with all the top schools in the country to invest in cricket. All schools will have proper cricket teams and they will play hard ball cricket with proper rules. They will obviously be inter-school tournaments and scholarships will be provided to young players.

To encourage focus on education, the cricketers will be told that if they fail their exams, they will be dropped from the cricket team regardless of how well they have performed on the pitch.

So you have to find a way to balance both. If you can’t, too bad.

(5) For those players who are not part of the school system which will obviously be the majority, I will employ qualified English instructors at the junior level and these players will have to pass English exams periodically.

(6) Coaches in domestic cricket who are unqualified will be sacked and asked to reapply after receiving qualifications.

(7) Every single off-spinner in the system will have his action checked. Any chucker will be banned immediately.

(9) in terms of revamping FC cricket, I would increase no of teams to 10. There will be of course no compromise on the standard of balls and pitches. They have to be international grade.

(10) No player will be fast-tracked into the national team purely on the back of PSL performances. The players will be clearly told that PSL is a platform to get yourself recognized nationally, but if you do not have performances in FC cricket, you will be ineligible for selection.

* There will be no stupid statements with respect to BCCI and the Big 3 monopoly. As the chief of a small, weak and mediocre cricket nation, I will tread carefully and make peace with my standing in the game.

If there is an opportunity to get into the good books of these boards, I will not hesitate in the name of patriotism. People will cry now but you have to look at the bigger picture.

These will be the things that I would look at in the first couple of years of my tenure and then review the progress and impact of these changes.
    Gold.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

These would be my immediate, short-term goals that wouldnít take more than a day.

Very good points, Iíll add one more - and that actually no. 0, means count starts from that.

: Iíll irradiate systematic age cheating from PAK cricket. For that, whatever investments is required and whatever sadistic calls I need to take - Iíll do that.

This has been the biggest issue in PAK cricket for me - people cheating 3-4-5-7-10 years of age playing cricket with certificate ages making officially a much younger team than it is at every level. Players playing at key roles at the down slope of biological ages bringing the overall quality down. Young men at the age of 23-25 are given the training/development programs for their certificate age of 17-18-19.... result is their progress stops after a certain age. And, finally PP hypes with the talent of 23 years old phast bowlers wrapped in the certificate of 17-18 years old baby, bashing kids with their pace and swing .... then it ends in usual heart breaking. I donít mind Mo Amir playing the 2022 U19 WC with a new certificate and a double shaven chin, as long as ICC is comfortable (they are with Afghans, so shouldnít be any issues for PAK either), but for PCBís domestics, development programs & selections/scoutings - there has to be a unofficial certificate maintained for every player.

If I canít impose that harsh regime officially, Iíll follow Imranís route - his talents were picked at ripe age of 19-18.... even 16, officially - then they peaked by 23-25 & by official age of 29-30, with white lines below hat they retire - I donít mind PAK breaking every age level record by certificate, but Iíll make sure that there is not more than 2-3 players in any FC teams, biologically. Itís another quota - you have to be among the top to play cricket at official 29+ for PAK, at any level.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I will enjoy the privileges of becoming a PCB CEO, if there is any and throw tantrums on the rest.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would introduce a simple new rule - batsmen and bowlers can not be selected for the national team unless they have scored at least 5 first class centuries averaging over 50 or bowlers taken 5 five wicket hauls averaging under 25 in the current or most recent Pakistani domestic season.

If you canít find enough players to select who meet this criteria , then rank them in terms of closest to meeting this criteria and select top batsmen and bowlers on that basis.

Then you can be sure the best players from domestic cricket are selected for the national team. There should be NO exceptions to this rule - even Azhar Ali should have to play first class cricket and prove his credentials to keep his place in team.

Itís no guarantee for success but at least it ensures you donít get parchis bypassing all selection rules , and Ďseniorí players keeping place in the team without looking like getting 100s or taking 5- wicket hauls.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fire Misbah and his coaching team along with Hafeez, Malik, Shafiq and Azhar or any pensioner. Then immediately resign

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamoon View Post
    i will start with a 10 point agenda:

(1) i would hide the 1992 world cup trophy somewhere in my room and tell everyone involved in pakistan cricket that it was a fluke and not a recipe for success.

(2) i would ban the following words from pakistan cricket: Talent, unpredictable, cornered tigers, mercurial. Anyone found using these words within pcb jurisdiction will be sacked immediately.

(3) i would tell everyone that there is no talent in pakistan and we will have to start from scratch to create talent.

In terms of long-term goals, i would do the following:

(4) i would try to come to an arrangement with all the top schools in the country to invest in cricket. All schools will have proper cricket teams and they will play hard ball cricket with proper rules. They will obviously be inter-school tournaments and scholarships will be provided to young players.

(5) for those players who are not part of the school system which will obviously be the majority, i will employ qualified english instructors at the junior level and these players will have to pass english exams periodically.

(6) coaches in domestic cricket who are unqualified will be sacked and asked to reapply after receiving qualifications.

(7) every single off-spinner in the system will have his action checked. Any chucker will be banned immediately.

(8) all the national team coaches including the selector will be foreign.

(9) in terms of revamping fc cricket, i would increase no of teams to 10. There will be of course no compromise on the standard of balls and pitches. They have to be international grade.

(10) no player will be fast-tracked into the national team purely on the back of psl performances. The players will be clearly told that psl is a platform to get yourself recognized nationally, but if you do not have performances in fc cricket, you will be ineligible for selection.

* there will be no stupid statements with respect to bcci and the big 3 monopoly. As the chief of a small, weak and mediocre cricket nation, i will tread carefully and make peace with my standing in the game.

If there is an opportunity to get into the good books of these boards, i will not hesitate in the name of patriotism. People will cry now but you have to look at the bigger picture.

These will be the things that i would look at in the first couple of years of my tenure and then review the progress and impact of these changes.

potw.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Improve domestic pitches. Have a variety of pitches. Have 1 that prepares you for playing in each country.
    Ensure players are educated socially and having a good grasp of English.
    Ensuring national level players undergo some sort of media training.
    Having coaches with qualifications at the NCA.
    Having selectors who regularly watch domestic cricket, watching 1 match a season or just watching the PSL is not enough.
    All first class teams have a nutrition and have professional fitness schedule to prepare them for international cricket.
    Trying to get the mentality out of being unpredictable and all that stuff .
    Setting a goal from grassroots all the way until the senior team of being in the top 3/4 in all formats.
    Marketing domestic cricket to ensure it gets fans into the stadium. Rather than having empty seats which we have right now. Playing regularly in packed stadiums helps deal with international cricket.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree with your school cricket program.We need to have an year long league for school cricket amongst all major schools and telecast it live on youtube this way more and more people would want to pursue cricket and interest will be generated.But the problem is that schools like beaconhouse,lgs don't have cricket grounds.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furthermore we need to promote the game and take advantage of the fact that cricket is the only sport alive in pakistan.Domestic cricket should be held in areas like interior KPK,INTERIOR SINDH since those people are cricket starved and might actually show up to the stadium we need to have at least 5000 -10000 so our domestic cricket actually genereates some sort of revenue.An amateur league should be established of over 30 age people as those people are slowly loosing interest but back in their youth they all were keen followers.Domestic cricket needs to be marketed in a way that almost everyone know the squads and stuff hence more sponsorship

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More grounds also need to be built in every society so that we can make cricket a national past time like it used to be back in early 2000s.Long term goals should include hosting of the 2031 wc since I hope pak ind relations will be better.Lat year 80000 indians travelled to the wc in England so pak can expect twice the amount.All indian matches should be held close to border,Afghan games in kpk so we can expect sell outs for India and afghan games.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with whatever @Mamoon said and @MMHS about age cheating.I will like to teach the present team players how to represent themselves on social media and I will not accept playing more than two t20s and Less than three tests in any series.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would increase my salary to be the best paid in PCB including the players. Ideally making 1 million usd annually.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sack Misbah. Terrible appointment

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will make PP the official media partner of the PCB.

Also I will select myself in the PCT. I want to play test cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These would be my immediate, short-term goals that wouldn’t take more than a day.

Points 4 and onwards are good.

The first 3 are a joke

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Points 4 and onwards are good.

The first 3 are a joke
    Quite literally a (very dark) joke i'm sure

I'd want to see a mandatory 'emerging' catagory in our FC and List A cricket. The likes of Salman Butt will hang on for dear life but at least we can be assured the best upcoming talents will be guaranteed some game time in domestic cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will sack Misbah and Waqar. Revamp FC structure. Bring in foreign analysts and sports physiologists. Get rid of incompetence and nepotism. Not allow pajama league players to "choose" which format they want to play.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would reserve a spot in 2nd XI of each provincial team for a cricketer from the religious minority groups of Pakistan. This will be mandatory.

No 2nd XI team would compete in the 3day QeA tournament without a player from the minorities (Sikh, Christians, Hindus, Ahmadis etc). There is a considerable size of non muslims in Pakistan yet they are not represented at all by the cricket teams in Pakistan. This needs to corrected and the only way this can be achieved is by including them in main-stream cricket.

If the guy playing in the minority quota does well for the 2nd XI team he can be promoted to the 1st XI and then if he is good enough he can even reach the national team, in the meantime, the spot vacated by him in the 2nd XI will taken up by only another minority player, this is how the chain will continue.

The same would apply to the women team as well.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some relevant points here but also some that are pretty disagreeable:

1) The 92 trophy has largely influenced the culture of heavily relying on our bowling whilst not developing our batting. But it's still an achievement that if nothing else serves as a reminder that you go into tournaments to win, not just to participate. If a cricket board doesn't aim for success it's doomed to fail, and past trophies are reminders of the prospect of winning . Heck, the England football media still won't shut up about 1966!

2) Ah yes, the Chairmen Mao technique of firing people from their livelihoods for a slip of tongue. Instead: Pass down a PR message expecting PCB staff to stress on structures, current record and performance, rather than on the words you mention. Altho in Pakistan restraint of opinion is unlikely to happen

3) This one takes the cake. So let's destroy the dreams of young prospects unknown to us, that may be a couple degrees from being in the first class system. I agree on the wider point that the talent nurturing system needs a thorough review. But stating there's no talent is just hilarious.

5) For those players who are not part of the school system which will obviously be the majority, I will employ qualified English instructors at the junior level and these players will have to pass English exams periodically. - So what if one of these non posh school kids is an excellent player but can't pass his exams because he's dyslexic or mildly autistic, and the condition is nuanced enough that the 'qualified English instructors' can't recognise the condition? Does the player than have his potentially work class career wrecked?

(7) every single off-spinner in the system will have his action checked. - Any chucker will be given immediate coaching to remodel their action. Chuckers will be monitored periodically to ensure the remodelled action is bedded in.

(8) All the national team coaches including the selector will be foreign - but will have young assistant Pakistan coaches working with them. The coaches will help with translation and also learn of the methods of the foreign coaches. Once the foreign coaches leave, the young Pakistani coaches either stay on or move into domestic coaching themselves. Thus there's a knowledge trickle down.

(9) in terms of revamping FC cricket, I would increase no of teams to 10. There will be of course no compromise on the standard of balls and pitches. They have to be international grade - Agree on the quality of balls, pitches etc but not sure about the no of teams. Unfortunately there still is a culture on Pakistan to play the experienced players rather than chance on a youngster. Does increasing the no of teams give younger players more opportunities? I don't know, because it's more a mindset thing than a quantity thing

A couple of suggestions to add:

a) I'd make it a point to have a A team itinerary that is as extensive (or even more extensive) than the PCT itinerary. The selection process of the A team would be as strict as the national team selection. Thus the A team will not just be a bastion for failed international players but rather proven domestic and A team performers. I'd make sure that there is atleast one if not two SENA A team tours a years either home or away.

b) I would pour alot of investment into areas where cricket infrastructure is limited. I would especially invest heavily in facilities, infrastructure and coaching in Baluchistan, including setting up s cricket academy where students can go to school and learn how to play cricket. I'd do similar but at a lesser scale in places like Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan as well ( I don't know enough about these areas but assume cricket facilities are limited here)

c) I'd market the domestic tournaments much better. This would include low gate prices for fans, international players playing in the tournaments and coverage by a half decent production company, with decent production values commentators. I'd sell the rights to these domestic tournaments to a more high profile channel other than Ptv who can market them well. Even if it's a loss leader it may in the long term help the PCB get good sponsors.

d) I'd make a more concerted effort in attracting sponsors to many of PCB's media properties. Chief among these will be the rights to Pakistan's matches and PSL matches. I'd concentrate on increasing revenues, getting creative to help support the initiatives that have been suggested

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have some very good points but #3 is a bit harsh.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been saying this for a while now:

One of the biggest things PCB can possibly do!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ali Tareen, Fawad Rana and Javed Afridi have a real passion for Pakistan cricket.

Love these guys

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would appoint Kamran Akmal CEO we would safe in his wicket keeping gloves.

Head of Anti-corruption would definitely go to captain Salman Butt.

Head Coach should be Waqar as he has not had enough chances.

Misbah should be T20 Captain/Coach/Selector/Strategy..... oops that may already be true.
    Tuk Tuk for T20 batting in powerplays.

For his dedication and services to Pak Cricket Amir should in charge of player fitness for test matches.

I would make Yasir Spin bowling coach so he can teach the leg spinners how to bowl a googly.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of the valid points here require additional resources that are not present. we should look for ways to boost Pakistani cricket organically. That said, I think everyone here agrees that a massive overhaul is necessary...or is it? Do I need remind you that we've managed to stay barely competitive despite gross mismanagement and reached the pinnacles of Test and ODI cricket (#1 in Tests, CT 2017 winners) despite that utter lack of management and leadership? I personally thought that Arthur should have been given until 2021 as most of what you saw as failure was him enacting a very large change management program.

Now, onto my points.
    1. I would release the entire board of selectors, including the chief selector, and farm it out to the head coaches in the First class and List A setup. The chief selector would be a foreigner and no coach could nominate his own players for selection. This prevents nepotism yet at the same time allows for a very steady view of what's going on in domestic cricket as coaches are required to prepare for the opposition's best players every week and how to play them. It also saves money as we don't have to pay an entire board of fools who's goal is to hold a job.

2. Institute an age cap, and yes, age testing. this problem is both a matter of unethical cheating (PK can't be sure if they are winning U-19 with players who are too old), and organization. If we don't know how old a player is, then we have no idea how to handle his development program. We have no idea how to handle his skillset, and most of all we have no idea if they are a worthy investment for the national side. The age cap also allows us to gracefully exit players who are much too old to play cricket anymore.

3. Institute a fielding and fitness competition nationwide. Julien Fountain suggested the same several years ago and it should have been implemented then. Since we've set the definition of every league, it can be point based and the winning fielders will be given opportunities to on the training camp squads for one of the national side depending on their category (i.e. Pakistan senior team for first class cricketers not otherwise good enough to get in on their batting or bowling, Pakistan A for the 2nd XI, U-19 for school cricketers). Given that fielding and fitness are closely related, I think we can agree that the scores can be merged for an average.

4. Sign the data contract recommended above. Certain things are not worth spending on, but data absolutely is. We cannot live without data in this day and age.

5. Sell, sell, sell, Sell on every revenue stream we can possibly have. PCB needs money. We should have a "anywhere, anytime" attitude. if India is out there causing problems for other cricket boards, PCB should be rushing in to fill the scheduling gap. Not only will this endear us to other boards, it will also cause problems for India as we will always have series scheduled while they are busy trying to fill openings in their schedule. the only time that should be excluded is the PSL. Pakistan should not schedule any international matches at that time. I want India to be in a position where their senior cricket team is sitting in India while Pakistan is playing. They have made every opportunity to exclude Pakistan from everything. Let's see how well they can take that approach when Pakistan is jumping at every opportunity. This will also increase media opportunities since Pakistan cricket is constantly playing matches.

5. This has been mentioned already, but the cricket players need to learn English at every level, and academics for school and college cricketers must come first. if anyone has forgotten, it's the second national language of Pakistan. Everyone should know English. Everyone.

6. Hold as many annual cricket events in Pakistan as is possible. Invite Associate sides to come play second level teams and First class teams on an ongoing basis. I understand we are on the verge of getting England to tour for a series, and England is supposed to be the chief promoter of the game as sport (India is the chief promotor of the game as money). Let us be that second home for cricket. Encourage school age children to attend and watch our lower level teams play lower level international sides (i.e. Nepal, PNG, UAE, Singapore, etc.) in Karachi and Lahore. This will help grow the games in those countries as well.

7. This has already been suggested, but have a minority quota system. As a Christian myself, I can appreciate that Pakistani Christian kids will appreciate having someone to look up to.

Pakistan has been on the defensive too long when it comes to literally everything. there is a resilience, to be sure, but that resilience is also couched in a fortress mentality, a mentality that "nothing can harm me if I just wait it out". It's time to dictate to the rest of the world what Pakistan and Pakistan cricket is, rather than let others define it for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current administration is doing pretty much all of the suggested things in this thread. It just takes time to see results.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd bring out my Chapaal of success.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You, my friend, sound very blasphemic .

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    There are some relevant points here but also some that are pretty disagreeable:

1) The 92 trophy has largely influenced the culture of heavily relying on our bowling whilst not developing our batting. But it's still an achievement that if nothing else serves as a reminder that you go into tournaments to win, not just to participate. If a cricket board doesn't aim for success it's doomed to fail, and past trophies are reminders of the prospect of winning . Heck, the England football media still won't shut up about 1966!

2) Ah yes, the Chairmen Mao technique of firing people from their livelihoods for a slip of tongue. Instead: Pass down a PR message expecting PCB staff to stress on structures, current record and performance, rather than on the words you mention. Altho in Pakistan restraint of opinion is unlikely to happen

3) This one takes the cake. So let's destroy the dreams of young prospects unknown to us, that may be a couple degrees from being in the first class system. I agree on the wider point that the talent nurturing system needs a thorough review. But stating there's no talent is just hilarious.

5) For those players who are not part of the school system which will obviously be the majority, I will employ qualified English instructors at the junior level and these players will have to pass English exams periodically. - So what if one of these non posh school kids is an excellent player but can't pass his exams because he's dyslexic or mildly autistic, and the condition is nuanced enough that the 'qualified English instructors' can't recognise the condition? Does the player than have his potentially work class career wrecked?

(7) every single off-spinner in the system will have his action checked. - Any chucker will be given immediate coaching to remodel their action. Chuckers will be monitored periodically to ensure the remodelled action is bedded in.

(8) All the national team coaches including the selector will be foreign - but will have young assistant Pakistan coaches working with them. The coaches will help with translation and also learn of the methods of the foreign coaches. Once the foreign coaches leave, the young Pakistani coaches either stay on or move into domestic coaching themselves. Thus there's a knowledge trickle down.

(9) in terms of revamping FC cricket, I would increase no of teams to 10. There will be of course no compromise on the standard of balls and pitches. They have to be international grade - Agree on the quality of balls, pitches etc but not sure about the no of teams. Unfortunately there still is a culture on Pakistan to play the experienced players rather than chance on a youngster. Does increasing the no of teams give younger players more opportunities? I don't know, because it's more a mindset thing than a quantity thing

A couple of suggestions to add:

a) I'd make it a point to have a A team itinerary that is as extensive (or even more extensive) than the PCT itinerary. The selection process of the A team would be as strict as the national team selection. Thus the A team will not just be a bastion for failed international players but rather proven domestic and A team performers. I'd make sure that there is atleast one if not two SENA A team tours a years either home or away.

b) I would pour alot of investment into areas where cricket infrastructure is limited. I would especially invest heavily in facilities, infrastructure and coaching in Baluchistan, including setting up s cricket academy where students can go to school and learn how to play cricket. I'd do similar but at a lesser scale in places like Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan as well ( I don't know enough about these areas but assume cricket facilities are limited here)

c) I'd market the domestic tournaments much better. This would include low gate prices for fans, international players playing in the tournaments and coverage by a half decent production company, with decent production values commentators. I'd sell the rights to these domestic tournaments to a more high profile channel other than Ptv who can market them well. Even if it's a loss leader it may in the long term help the PCB get good sponsors.

d) I'd make a more concerted effort in attracting sponsors to many of PCB's media properties. Chief among these will be the rights to Pakistan's matches and PSL matches. I'd concentrate on increasing revenues, getting creative to help support the initiatives that have been suggested
    POTW material right here.

Have some Sehwag in your life.