Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Division two is not my level to play in the National T20 Cup" : Salman Butt

Reports in the Pakistan media that Salman Butt has refused to captain the Central Punjab second XI after he was told he was told by the coach, Shahid Anwar that there was no place for him in the first XI.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by The Viper; 9th September 2020 at 05:36.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Reports in the Pakistan media that Salman Butt has refused to captain the Central Punjab second XI after he was told he was told by the coach, Shahid Anwar that there was no place for him in the first XI.

Thoughts?
    Good step by Mr. Shahid Anwar. Now i am hopeful that he will be a decent coach.

On the other hand, i don't know what Salman Butt was thinking. Why should he be in first xi of national t20 cup.
    Even if we forget about his past and his age, he is not a t20 player and we all have seen that in the last PSL.

In fact he should not be part of first xi of Central Punjab in Quaid-e-Azam trophy.

That spot should be given to someone like Abdullah Shafiq.
    Last edited by The Viper; 9th September 2020 at 05:37.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Hope it's true! I would think we'd be getting close to sealing the nail in his career so we can finally stop hearing about this man. Salman is generally unpleasant and i wouldn't be surprised if this is an accurate retelling of events.
    Last edited by The Viper; 9th September 2020 at 05:38.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Fingers crossed that is the end of his career. Hopefully the PCB back the coach and not the player!
    Last edited by The Viper; 9th September 2020 at 05:38.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on the selection committee. What a disgrace.

The Underdogs

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    I really hope this is true! I don't want him anywhere near any domestic team, let alone the First XI. Kudos to Shahid Anwar if so.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besharam, ghatiya insaan. He should be grateful he is allowed to earn a living from the game he cheated.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Thoughts are well done Shahid Anwar and if I ever see him I'll buy him a drink.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Thoughts are well done Shahid Anwar and if I ever see him I'll buy him a drink.
    Finally, someone has tried to put an end to this farce.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Very good and bold and brave step

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see if other coaches can do the same with thier teams

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Demoted Salman Butt refuses to play for second division squad

Pakistan’s former captain Salman Butt has refused to play in the upcoming National T20 Championship after being told he had been demoted to the division two Central Punjab squad.

The player, tainted by the 2010 spot-fixing scandal, lost his cool when the newly appointed Central Punjab head coach, Shahid Anwar, told Butt he should lead the division two side in the national T20 championship as there was no place for him in the division one team.

“Salman asked Shahid Anwar the logic behind this, especially when the top three batsmen of Central Punjab division one team, Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad and Babar Azam, were not available due to various reasons.

“Salman also reminded Anwar that he had been the top three scorers of the national T20 tournament for the last three seasons and his team had twice appeared in the final while once also winning it,” a source aware of the developments said.

Umar, Salman, Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Babar and the uncapped Imran Butt were the leading run-scorers for Central Punjab last season in domestic cricket with the team also winning the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy.

Umar is presently serving a suspension, Shehzad is injured while Babar has been permitted by the board to remain in England to play the T20 Blast for Somerset.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/crick...le32561206.ece

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well, the report I see is from The Hindu ...... but, if it's indeed true, I think it's one of the best news today - one more slot open in Second XI for a player with future. Can't he retire all together in protest ........

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shahid Anwar was against the trio being given a second chance in cricket. I don't blame the PCB much for not giving Butt an international recall as it can be questioned if he is good enough at the international level, whether his domestic performances warranted a recall and whether he is a long term option for Pakistan in international cricket but I am against individuals in domestic cricket like Shahid Anwar being given full powers to carry out their vendettas. You can't punish Salman Butt forever, he did the crime and did the time, he can't be treated as a criminal forever.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good job Shahid bhai

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    dumb move.

Shahid Anwar needs to keep his personal difference aside. He will lose his job now this way.

I hate salman butt, the guy should never had been allowed back. But such tactics wont work and you will lose your own job.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman is a Besharam, ghatiya insaan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why was he offered 2nd team captaincy in the first place?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self entitlement of some Pakistani players is amusing.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The PCB must back their coach and sack the fixer forever. My blood boils when see this loser anywhere near any team.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    dumb move.

Shahid Anwar needs to keep his personal difference aside. He will lose his job now this way.

I hate salman butt, the guy should never had been allowed back. But such tactics wont work and you will lose your own job.
    Better to lose the job with dignity than keeping a deserving player out of the frist team because one outdated player has such power.

Anyways, you are making Butt look more powerdul than he is, coach will not be sacked.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    Besharam, ghatiya insaan. He should be grateful he is allowed to earn a living from the game he cheated.
    my sentiment exactly

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    Salman Butt should be grateful to Allah that he's still playing and that the PCB have let him back otherwise he should be in McDonalds.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt should just retire. He is old now. He is finished.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt and Sarfraz Ahmed should form their own team and call it "Rebels and Rejects".

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He can sit at home then I guess.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar, Akmal, Butt, and Shehzad all not playing! Folks like Azhar Ali don’t play T20 anyways. Fantastic!

That opens so many spots for youngsters like Shafique and Zaryab.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why was he offered the captaincy?

After what happened in 2010 he should be nowhere near captaincy material ever again Bizarre

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Confirmed by the PCB:

Salman Butt was not selected in the First XI side after he had failed to feature in any of his side’s matches in last year’s National T20 Cup. In the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 for Lahore Qalandars, he has played in only one game to date.

However, considering his experience, he was offered to lead the Second XI side, which he declined.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Confirmed by the PCB:

Salman Butt was not selected in the First XI side after he had failed to feature in any of his side’s matches in last year’s National T20 Cup. In the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 for Lahore Qalandars, he has played in only one game to date.

However, considering his experience, he was offered to lead the Second XI side, which he declined.
    fair enough than. Shahid Aslam than is right if Butt didn't feature in the playing 11 of last t20. THan him being demoted is justified.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they give that spot to someone talented and deserving

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I asked Salman Butt for a comment about this issue. His response "Yes true I would rather let a younger player take part in level two. I never lost my cool that part is nonsense. Division two is not my level my T20 national cup record speaks loud and clear ALHAMDULILAH"
    Last edited by Saj; 9th September 2020 at 22:57.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does not merits a place in the national cup and why was he even asked to lead a team? He shouldnt even lead a galli mohala team. Begharat.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I asked Salman Butt for a comment about this issue. His response "Yes true I would rather let a younger player take part in level two. I never lost my cool that part is nonsense. Division two is not my level my T20 national cup record speaks loud and clear ALHAMDULILAH"
    wow, so he thinks he is entitlted.

Guy should be lucky that he still gets cricket after corruption and should keep his head down and play whatever he gets

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Wow... even his attempt to be humble and supportive of young players makes him sound like a terrible egotist.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agar ghuftugu level aur mayaar ki horahi hai tu mohtaram Salman Butt urf fixer sahab, apka level gully mohallon ke khilariyoon se zayda behtar nahi hai

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great decision by Salman Butt. He would be wasting a place so very wise of him to opt out from the squad himself. It will benefit Pakistan in the long run.

Punjab has many interesting upcoming talents and they should be preferred.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A perfect example of a man who had the world at his feet but greed got the better of him. Life is best lived with honesty and hardwork. Once your integrity is compromised it can be forgiven but never forgotten.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 35 with no chance of getting into the national team. His level is retirement, but this is Pakistan.

I feel very sure that Salman Butt isn't thinking one bit about retirement but rather turning down 2nd XI cricket because he wants to make a comeback into the first team.

Great precedent that Misbah and co have set to all our players.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    khas kam jahan paak.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine being a disgraced fixer and still having a sense of entitlement. LOL. Only in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post
    Imagine being a disgraced fixer and still having a sense of entitlement. LOL. Only in Pakistan.
    Yea. It just boggles the mind

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what would be incredible? If both the first and second XIs of Central Punjab atleast make the finals (I still want Northern to win, because want to see Mohammad Wasim continue to succeed). That way the door gets completely shut on Butt and gives Shahid Anwar a reason to stick with the young team for both the QEA trophy and the Pakistan Cup.

The problem with these primadonnas really is the incredible level of entitlement.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You’re right, this is far above your level of aukhaat. These people are honest hardworking cricketers, most of whom would never sell out their country like you, but yet they allow you to play with them.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shameful. There is literally no other word for it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Salman Butt and Sarfraz Ahmed should form their own team and call it "Rebels and Rejects".
    Lol, there is a band called Rebel Rejects and another band called re tar ded Rebel Rejects , needless to absolute trash both the bands but are on spotify.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Think he has read the writing on the wall - by saying all this, he is trying the martyr route. Lets see if the public buys it.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think he has read the writing on the wall - by saying all this, he is trying the martyr route. Lets see if the public buys it.
    No one cares apart from some journalists that were asked to write tweets about the so called injustice

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last thing Salman should be complaining about is a place in 1st XI. He should be grateful his bread and butter is still cricket and not an odd job overseas.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say throw him out altogether. He's old enough that he will never be a factor in international selection, all he is doing is holding back a young player. If it was another player I could have thought differently as some of these domestic veterans can serve as good mentors. But in the case of Butt he is likely only bound to be a negative influence.

Instead of having a false sense of entitlement he should be lucky he has a job. And what has he ever done in T20s to merit a selection in a First XI? He has a SR of 113 which is absolutely horrendous.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    No one cares apart from some journalists that were asked to write tweets about the so called injustice
    He basically has an entire lobby that has been trying to get him selected for 3 years. I cant even remember how many articles in print media I have read that were either rumors or just hying his selection
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 10th September 2020 at 16:02.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    God what a self entitled m*ron, how dare he thinks he deserves something as a guaranteed place in the team when there are more deserving players available.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its such a shame that its got to this for salman because 10 yrs ago he had the world at his feet

Hes such a well spoken intelligent chap and potentially was going to be a fine batsman and captain for pakistan

For him to do what he did and throw it all away Just boggles the mind

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He would be better off trying out for the HMP Belmarsh or Pentonville XI. He may have a bit more luck.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt should be kept out of first class cricket for good.

It is remarkable that he was made captain of Pakistan after this match where he opened the batting for NBP (with Nasir Jamshed) and made 92 of 25 balls.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...nd-cup-2008-09

This whole match seemed very strange and it is remarkable that this result was not thoroughly investigated at the time. Instead many of the players involved ended up in the Pakistan team within a year.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post

It is remarkable that he was made captain of Pakistan after this match where he opened the batting for NBP (with Nasir Jamshed) and made 92 of 25 balls.

This whole match seemed very strange and it is remarkable that this result was not thoroughly investigated at the time. Instead many of the players involved ended up in the Pakistan team within a year.
    LOL just saw the scoreboard, what was the standard of the team he played against? 96 off 25 balls

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

to be honest, back in 2010 Salman Butt had good support. I remember because he was the only performing member of the team and in the world t20 he was decent and had earned the respect.

When we defeated Australia in England and saw Butts english, people fell in love with Salman Butt. He was the guy who had no haters.

Because of that when the news broke, Amir and Butt were the last guys people would had pointed fingers at.

And you are right. I said this in 2010, the whole NBP team was suspicious.
    Asif, amir and Butt played for NBP. Kamran AKmal was also an NBP member (he was also listed by NOTW in the start)
    Wahab RIaz and Umar amin both who were dragged aswell by NOTW were also in the NBP team

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thankfully i won't be seeing this shamless fixer in the t20 cup and even more so can watch the match is peace knowing this guy won't be playing. I hope they kick him out out QEA as well.
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th September 2020 at 20:13.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt's past sins notwithstanding this highlights several issues that need to be addressed.

1. Good on Shahid Anwar for having an opinion and making a difficult decision.
    2. Salman Butt is an international cricketer. The fact that he can't get into the First XI of a domestic team suggests there aren't enough teams. The correct structure is that of 8 to 10 teams.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest, back in 2010 Salman Butt had good support. I remember because he was the only performing member of the team and in the world t20 he was decent and had earned the respect.

When we defeated Australia in England and saw Butts english, people fell in love with Salman Butt. He was the guy who had no haters.

Because of that when the news broke, Amir and Butt were the last guys people would had pointed fingers at.

Asif, amir and Butt played for NBP. Kamran AKmal was also an NBP member (he was also listed by NOTW in the start)
    Wahab RIaz and Umar amin both who were dragged aswell by NOTW were also in the NBP team
    Lots of questions should have been asked about that NBP team at the time. If there were any suspicions they should not have been allowed to tour England in 2010. It makes you think how serious the issue of fixing is and how deeply entrenched corruption is in our system.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - if we are totally honest - none of those involved with the NOTW scandal should have played for Pakistan again, including those like Umar Amin and Wahab Riaz who were not jailed but were mentioned in the scandal.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post
    Salman Butt's past sins notwithstanding this highlights several issues that need to be addressed.

2. Salman Butt is an international cricketer. The fact that he can't get into the First XI of a domestic team suggests there aren't enough teams. The correct structure is that of 8 to 10 teams.
    The second point doesn't make any sense. Salman Butt isn't an international cricketer anymore - he hasn't been international quality since 2010, and even then he was a Test and ODI player, not really a T20 player.

The face that he can't get into a domestic T20 team makes perfect sense. It shows selection is working well - I don't want people to be selected just because they were international players once upon a time.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lots of questions should have been asked about that NBP team at the time. If there were any suspicions they should not have been allowed to tour England in 2010. It makes you think how serious the issue of fixing is and how deeply entrenched corruption is in our system.
    The following played for NBP

Salman Butt
    M. Amir
    M. Asif
    Kamran Akmal

Umar Amin
    Wahab Riaz

Khalid Latif
    Nasir Jamshed

Mohammad Nawaz

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow. Good find, and what a perplexing match, something definitely seems off here.

Most of the opposition players played less than 10 domestic matches, including the opening bowler for whom this was the only domestic game ever.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also - if we are totally honest - none of those involved with the NOTW scandal should have played for Pakistan again, including those like Umar Amin and Wahab Riaz who were not jailed but were mentioned in the scandal.
    cant say, because these tabloids do have bad reputations. Whether Wahab Riaz was guilty or not only god knows.

But one thing that deserve respect that after that event, Wahab Riaz was never involved in such act.

Even Imran Farhat had been labelled aswell , but the guy was too bad to fix.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is Salman's fault at all. PCB is responsible for all this. They should have banned this crook for life. He is a thankless and shameless creature.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant say, because these tabloids do have bad reputations. Whether Wahab Riaz was guilty or not only god knows.

But one thing that deserve respect that after that event, Wahab Riaz was never involved in such act.

I don't believe Wahab will do fixing. He plays with so much passion for Pakistan. I am a big Indian fan of Wahab. He is a genuine bloke.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following played for NBP

Salman Butt
    M. Amir
    M. Asif
    Kamran Akmal

Umar Amin
    Wahab Riaz

Khalid Latif
    Nasir Jamshed

Mohammad Nawaz
    This says it all! Unfortunately the PCB has been guilty of brushing corruption under the rug for a long time. It was clearly fairly widespread with many of our domestic and international players involved.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Former Test skipper Salman Butt questioned Central Punjab (CP)’s selection policy for the upcoming National T20 Cup, scheduled to start from September 30 in Multan.

Speaking in ‘Sports Room’ at ARY News, Butt said there wasn’t any logic in dropping him from the first XI squad even in the absence of three main players – Babar Azam, Ahmed Shahzad, and Umar Akmal.

“I don’t know the logic behind not including me in first XI,” said Butt. “Last year, I asked Misbah-ul-Haq and CP’s head coach Ijaz Junior to include me in Baluchistan’s squad as here already two openers – Ahmed Shahzad and Babar Azam were playing who were likely to open for Pakistan in the then upcoming series against Sri Lanka, but they didn’t,” he added.

Read: Salman Butt refuses to play for Central Punjab’s second XI
    “This year, even in absence of Babar, Ahmed and Umar, they haven’t included me in the first XI and offered second XI’s captaincy citing unlogical reasons that they want to promote U-19 players in First XI,” he maintained.

The cricketer said he will better wait for his turn in Four-Day matches and One-Day Tournament instead of killing a space for a youngster. “I feel better to wait for my turn instead of playing in place of a youngster. However, one thing is sure, some people are trying to play smartly regardless of knowing the fact that we know things very well,” he concluded.

It must be noted here that Butt was dropped from First XI and offered Second XI’s captaincy but he declined it. PCB, in a statement said, “Salman Butt was not selected in the First XI side after he had failed to feature in any of his side’s matches in last year’s National T20 Cup. In the PSL 2020 for Lahore Qalandars, he has played in only one game to date. However, considering his experience, he was offered to lead the Second XI side, which he declined.”

https://arysports.tv/there-wasnt-log...ection-policy/

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For someone with such average numbers Salman Butt has a lot of arrogance and belief in his ability.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Runs off straight to the media.

Do you see County or Shield cricketers running their mouth like our lot do ?

If you're on a domestic contract then you ought to follow a code of conduct which Wasim Khan kept chatting about but hasn't seemed to implement yet.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good job by misbah for ignoring this guy

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Runs off straight to the media.

Do you see County or Shield cricketers running their mouth like our lot do ?

If you're on a domestic contract then you ought to follow a code of conduct which Wasim Khan kept chatting about but hasn't seemed to implement yet.
    He's been given a few mixed signals in the past - things should have been made clear to him from day 1.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite quote of Salman Butt when he decided to defend and lose us the match in the last few overs; “I did not want to be the hero”.

Looks he doesn’t want to be the hero again 🤡

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

What an astounding scorecard that is!

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post

The second point is poor. Salman Butt has not been an international cricketer for over 10 years now and is well past it. And to top it off even when he was in his so called peak he wasn’t a great T20 player.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cric_lover4487 View Post
    I don't believe Wahab will do fixing. He plays with so much passion for Pakistan. I am a big Indian fan of Wahab. He is a genuine bloke.
    Wahab got dragged in to the saga because he and salman butt are childhood friends. And as that was his first tour he was hanging out with Butt a long and hence got suspicion due to association

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your level is well outside any cricket related activity - as a player or future administrator. You are lucky that PCB doesn't punish crooks too harshly. Honestly, how come these fixers are so entitled. Boggles the mind...

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Who does this guy think he is anyway?

The Mohammad Azharuddin of Pakistan.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt your level is playing tape ball cricket in the gully. What a besharam aadmi.