Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Mohammad Hafeez turns down domestic cricket contract for 2020/21 season

Sources have confirmed to us that just like last year, Mohammad Hafeez will not sign a contract to play domestic cricket for 2020/21 as he feels that the money which would be given to him would be better spent on players who are struggling to make ends meet due to structural changes in Pakistan's domestic season, and that his conscience would not allow him to take such a contract for selfish reasons. He is expected to play domestic cricket without a monthly salary.

As per sources, the Pakistan all-rounder has not had any disagreement with the PCB on this issue but merely stated his point of view based upon considerations mentioned above which is to do his bit for the welfare of deserving cricketers from all levels of cricket.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should think of that when heís in the national team. In domestic he should play to prove he is the best in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To be honest, he's become too big for domestic cricket now. He should retire his Cricket with a BBL stint where there are high chances of him walking away with MOTT in the form that he's been in.

#Bradmanseque
    #Hafeez3.0

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good decision by him. Pcb might give him a retainer.

Btw, this also shows that Imran Khan has created a huge problem. Hafeez is doing this so that some other player can get his contract due to unemployment that has taken place with new domestic structure.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Sources have confirmed to us that just like last year, Mohammad Hafeez will not sign a contract to play domestic cricket for 2020/21 as he feels that the money which would be given to him would be better spent on players who are struggling to make ends meet due to structural changes in Pakistan's domestic season, and that his conscience would not allow him to take such a contract for selfish reasons. He is expected to play domestic cricket without a monthly salary.

As per sources, the Pakistan all-rounder has not had any disagreement with the PCB on this issue but merely stated his point of view based upon considerations mentioned above which is to do his bit for the welfare of deserving cricketers from all levels of cricket.
    "DHAKOSLA".

He must be contracted to SNGPL or one of the other departments, and as per the new clause of the PCB he needed to get an NOC from his department and he could get salary from either the department or the provincial team, he smartly chose the department (department's salary must be higher than the provincial salary).

He is a very very shrewd guy, knows the pulse points of the desi journalist, they would have started singing his praises.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    "DHAKOSLA".

He must be contracted to SNGPL or one of the other departments, and as per the new clause of the PCB he needed to get an NOC from his department and he could get salary from either the department or the provincial team, he smartly chose the department (department's salary must be higher than the provincial salary).

He is a very very shrewd guy, knows the pulse points of the desi journalist, they would have started singing his praises.
    Damn he should be a politican

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "DHAKOSLA".

Really?

if what you are saying is true than dammnnn hafeez is cunning.

But why would departments still pay money when their is no department cricket.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always been a smart bloke has the professor

If only he could have translated that intelligence with a proper batting career, he would have been ranked alongside Inzimam and Miandad. Biggest waste of a talent in Pakistan cricket in terms of batting

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand this agenda of media to portray him as some HERO giving his contract to some youngster.

Hafeez was NEVER given a domestic contract by PCB, he's listed as an ADDITIONAL player for KP and PCB statement clearly mentions that additional players aren't centrally contracted but will receive match fees and other add ons as & when they play.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Fair enough from him. A nice touch and not something many people would do.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He doesn't play tests or ODIs, so what is the point of playing domestics?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    He doesn't play tests or ODIs, so what is the point of playing domestics?
    trecothick, alistair cook dont play T20I, ODI, and Test, yet they play domestic.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage in his career it makes more sense to become a gun for hire and play all the T20 leagues. More lucrative than playing in domestic tournaments and I'd doubt he'd have much interest in playing first class cricket. It's not like he will ever be making a comeback in Test cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    trecothick, alistair cook dont play T20I, ODI, and Test, yet they play domestic.
    Talking from Hafeez's point of view. Makes sense to me. Others may disagree as they're entitled. So whatever!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "DHAKOSLA".

Man I respect Professor, he is about his money
    Dolla Dolla bills yo!!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    good decision by him. Pcb might give him a retainer.

Btw, this also shows that Imran Khan has created a huge problem. Hafeez is doing this so that some other player can get his contract due to unemployment that has taken place with new domestic structure.
    Imran hasn't done anything. Nobody has the right to be entitled to a cricket contract, you have to be good enough to survive a restructure or look elsewhere.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lmaoo at the excuses of helping youngsters. He rejected for other reasons

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is very unlike Pakistan cricketer .He is very smart and intelligent

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lmaoo at the excuses of helping youngsters. He rejected for other reasons
    What other reasons?

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    What other reasons?
    Firstly I doubt he was offered a contract, he's in reserves(but can play as & when needed) as is Malik & Wahab. Also, players need NOC from their employers i.e, departments in order to receive monthly retainers from PCB. So, again though I don't believe he wasn't offered any contract, Hafeez thought why go the hassle just take the pay cheque from department & get match fees, daily allowances & other benefits from PCB.
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th September 2020 at 20:37.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentDevil View Post
    Firstly I doubt he was offered a contract, he's in reserves(but can play as & when needed) as is Malik & Wahab. Also, players need NOC from their employers i.e, departments in order to receive monthly retainers from PCB. So, again though I don't believe he wasn't offered any contract, Hafeez thought why go the hassle just take the pay cheque from department & get match fees, daily allowances & other benefits from PCB.
    Thankyou

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to him I donít think is Pakistanis have ever appreciated. He was our best batsman for a few years and his bowling made him one of our most valuable cricket players for a while. He has been inconsistent and his stats donít reflect how talented he is. But he has always been selfless and always plays for the team. Seen him plenty of times approaching a milestone and not slow down for his milestone and still try to accelerate to get a good team total.

He also gave up the captaincy without fuss and always played for the team.

I think we will miss him more when he retires. I hope his chapter of his career end him on a high before he retires

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    I think we will miss him more when he retires. I hope his chapter of his career end him on a high before he retires
    Doubt it. He has over stayed his welcome. Gotten more international games than he truly deserved. We will be fine without him.