Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

“I have no problems with working alongside Misbah-ul-Haq" : Mohammad Yousuf

Pakistan batting great Mohammad Yousuf has brushed aside the notion that he isn’t comfortable while working alongside national team’s batting coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq.

Pakistan’s fourth highest Test run-getter and second most runs scorer in ODIs, Mohammad Yousuf, had been appointed as the batting coach at the National High Performance Centre (NHPC), in Lahore, last month.

“I have no issues with working alongside Misbah. Whatever I said about him is in the past now,” said Yousuf who had openly criticised Misbah over his dual role with the Men in Green during the last 12 months.

“We are working under the same umbrella with different domains but our common goal is to work for the betterment of Pakistan cricket,” he added.

Yousuf is keen helping out the youngsters of the country and use his experience to good effect.

“I was available earlier as well but things could not work out. I’m glad that I’m part of the setup right now because of the presence of many great players, whom I have played with, like Mushi bhai [Mushtaq Ahmed] and Waqar [Younis] bhai,” he said.

“I will try to share my experience with the youngsters as batting coach with regards to technique and other related areas. I am eager to serve my country once again,” he further stated.

He was also satisfied with the team’s performance on the recently concluded tour of England.

“The tour of England is always a tough one, especially when you are going there for the first time but our team played some really good cricket and remained competitive throughout the tour,” he said. “I was impressed with the way Shan Masood and Abid Ali played. Babar Azam is a world class player and he is only going to get better if he continues to put in the hard yards.”

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...ongside-misbah

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Whilst in April 2020.....

===

"I don't understand these double standards of the board. On one hand, they are asking for all coaching qualifications and yet they made Misbah head coach, although he had no prior experience of coaching even at club level," Yousuf said in an interview.

"Appointing Misbah, who has no coaching skills, was tantamount to making a mockery of merit. Another mockery was allowing him to coach in the PSL so that he could gain coaching experience."

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...369-2020-04-15

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Lahore: Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has revealed that Chief Executive Wasim Khan’s vision inspired him to take up a role in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

The newly-appointed batting coach at the National High-Performance Center (NHPC) said that new appointments are the sign that they are eager to do something.

“I’ve said previously that I’ve seen few interviews of Wasim Khan, there were plenty of positive things and he along with new setup of the board, are itching to do for Pakistan cricket,” Yousuf said.

“New appointments of all former cricketers with whom I have played and I also said multiple times about my availability. This time when they (PCB) inquired me so I decided to take the role,” he added.

The 46-year-old doesn’t think that these new appointments are being made by the PCB to stay away from the undo criticism.

“In my opinion, qualification is the key while appointing someone and same goes in the PCB. We can not question the qualification of the likes of Waqar Younis or others,” he maintained.

He hailed the performances of batters in the recently concluded Test series against England and further added that the things are going towards betterment.

“Shan Masood had a good start on the tour while Mohammad Rizwan’s performance was also satisfactory, players are getting better. Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq are seasoned batsmen and have performed in different conditions,” he concluded.

https://arysports.tv/wasim-vision-in...le-pcb-yousuf/
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th September 2020 at 17:19.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You will work under Misbah not alongside him. Know your place.

Btw funny how this guy bashed PCB for hiring PCB who he thought wasnt good enough for club coaching. Now he has no problem with Pcb being his boss

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah is a legend and deserves more respect. Given the challenges he dealt with, Pakistan could have easily become Zimbabwe but their cricket is up and running fast and Misbah had a major role in it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is putting it's late 90's, 00's team back together - as coaches.

Poor Danish Kaneria, he will lose out.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not a very honourable person is yousuf

After all the hate hes been spouting over the years againt misbah hes now put it to bed to work with the very same person

Not that i agreed with his vile attacks but At least be consistent with your thoughts and stand

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Misbah is a legend and deserves more respect. Given the challenges he dealt with, Pakistan could have easily become Zimbabwe but their cricket is up and running fast and Misbah had a major role in it.
    For some reasons, Indians have utmost respect for Misbah.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    For some reasons, Indians have utmost respect for Misbah.
    Perhaps because they understand the game and the context in which it is played whereas ......

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Really?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has accepeted that misbah is a beghairat of the highest order.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedgm View Post
    Really?
    Yes, Pakistan had lost its captain and its opening bowling attack. Not to mention not playing at home couples with the disgrace of being caught red handed in spot fixing.

To take a team from such a predicament to being ranked the number one test side was an achievement of unprecedented proportions.

But most idiotic and childish fans have no idea.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common trend with ex Pakistani players, slam the board, coach and players unless they are part of the set up

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    There was never anything personal. Yousaf always professionally and honestly criticized Misbah's defensive batting and captaincy

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    There was never anything personal. Yousaf always professionally and honestly criticized Misbah's defensive batting and captaincy
    It was never professional Yousuf for some strange reason held misbah responsible for the end of his own career and took ever opportunity to blast him

There was never any praise It was always gutter level attacks and criticism

Thats what unfortunately happens with a lack of education tbh
    Last edited by Zaz; 12th September 2020 at 01:52.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The never-ending twists and turns of Pakistan cricket.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is patriotic, educated and honourable. Yousuf is unpatriotic, uneducated, selfish and only spews hate about others (ask Ramiz Raja about Yousuf). If Yousuf is so religious, how come he indulges in back-biting all the time?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shah View Post
    Misbah is patriotic, educated and honourable. Yousuf is unpatriotic, uneducated, selfish and only spews hate about others (ask Ramiz Raja about Yousuf). If Yousuf is so religious, how come he indulges in back-biting all the time?
    Patriotic, Educated can be debated. His honour has been exposed by the numerous conflict of interest episodes he has been involved in ie the Mickey Arthur episode, accepting 3 roles at once. The guy doesn't mind losing one bit either, always satisfied when the team is languishing at the bottom of the rankings

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shah View Post
    Rameez for some reason bashed Yousuf for years accusing him to be a selfish player. It was after a few years that Yousuf and Rameez had a spat on TV. Of course Yousuf had the right to give it back to Rameez. Yousuf didn't say a word about him when for absolutely no reason Rameez kept accusing him of being a selfish player for no reason.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Queens, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

Btw funny how this guy bashed PCB for hiring PCB who he thought wasnt good enough for club coaching. Now he has no problem with Pcb being his boss
    True that!

Also look how he names Wiqi, Mishi but didn't name Misbah there's definitely a big grudge

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

He works for NHPC, not for the national team. Nadeem Khan is the boss of Muhammad yousuf