Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[Reports] Zaheer Abbas among choices for cricket committee’s chairman

Lahore: Former Test batsman Zaheer Abbas is among three choices for the new cricket committee’s chairman, reports suggested.

Besides Zaheer, former cricketers Saleem Yousuf and Intikhab are also under consideration to become the next chairman of cricket committee after Iqbal Qasim resigned last week.

PCB is likely to appoint the chairman by next week as the committee is scheduled to meet before the start of the National T20 Cup 2020 from September 30. The meeting will discuss different matters related to cricket including the recently concluded Pakistan vs England tour.

Remember, Qasim stepped down from his post citing lack of powers. In a statement, PCB revealed the reasons stated in Qasim’s resignation. “In his resignation on Thursday, 3 September, Mr Iqbal Qasim wrote: (He was a) dummy chairman who cannot recommend a deserving match referee. It is painful to see injustice (being) done to cricketers who have played cricket, fulfill all criteria but suffering.”

PCB formed its cricket committee just like the ICC Cricket Committee and the MCC World Cricket Committee as an advisory body. The committee only contained the right to advice cricket board on cricket related matters.

https://arysports.tv/zaheer-abbas-am...tees-chairman/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Did I read Intikhab Alam's name in there?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Did I read Intikhab Alam's name in there?
    It seem the father of pakistan cricket is back

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    What is the purpose of this committee. It seems a total waste of time to me.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    No clear goals.

Seems to be a committee where decisions are made and no one cares about them.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an honorary kind of post in a committee which is gonna look at little bit of everything from domestic cricket to national team performances. As per what I have understood from the committee's working during the last tenure and what the functionality says is that they are supposed to critique and maybe give recommendations to PCB's management but, dont have much role in actually taking any decision.

So not exactly sure what Iqbal Qasim was expecting out it. As its kind of an advisory role its good to have an experienced ex cricketer in the position but, not exactly sure how much the committee ads or has been adding in PCB's decision making.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as it's not Intikhab.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop with these rejects already. Can the guy just retire and stay home!! Even if it is an honorary position with no clear cut power or decision making Role get him outtttttttt!!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to create another job.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Just to create another job.
    This isn't a job, it is more like an honorary post/title awarded to individuals.

P.S. Individuals in the PCB are not paid by the PCB.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mean grandfather of Pakistan cricket

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry?
    But seriously.
    The kind of “fresh ideas” and “out of the box” thinking we are going to see under Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani.

I think Wasim Khan’s best role, as per his skills, was some sorta front end negotiator who would talk to other boards and convince them to tour Pakistan, or invite Pakistan team to their countries. His vilayati accent was our best bet.

He doesn’t seem like to have the foggiest of ideas as to how things work inside PCB and more importantly how to fix Pak cricket?
    I am almost 100% sure that Wasim Khan (no matter how honest is he) does not understand Pakistan cricket. And Ehsan Mani has been an even bigger disappointment!

Just like in many offices, they have a young and pretty looking front desk lady who meets n greet clients, and arrange meetings, phone calls etc, Wasim Khan could be our “vilayati kaka” at the front desk. No idea how the business is executed and how things work at the decision level management, no business knowledge and unaware of how to drive the company; however, good internal personnel skills at a shallow level.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually true.
    A few years ago, they formed a committee in Pakistan to find out why there are so many committees but issues are still not resolved?
    The committee found out that the problems are not solved because we have too many committees.