Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Video allegedly featuring Mufti Qavi sparks another controversy

KARACHI: Prominent cleric Mufti Abdul Qavi has landed once again in hot water after a video apparently showing him dancing with a woman has gone viral on social media.

Meanwhile, Mufti Qavi has categorically denied the veracity of the video.

"This video of me dancing with the Korean woman is fake," he told The News correspondent Nadeem Shah.

He claimed that a 'lobby' has been active against him ever since he issued "strong statements against Indian premier Narendra Modi for subjecting Kashmiris to inhuman torture and killing innocent people in the [Indian occupied] Kashmir valley."

He said the group had edited and produced a fake video "for the sole objective of widely defaming Pakistan and the religion of Islam".

He said he never wears "such a tight kameez as displayed in the video" and claimed that the video editor had "pasted my head on the body of someone else."

Qavi claimed a United Kingdom-based YouTube channel had uploaded the fake video and the channel's owner, whom he identified as Hamad, had also sought an apology from him for doing so.

'Halal' alcohol controversy
    Last he was in the news, it was due to his off-hand remarks about "halal" alcohol, which he had said ought to be permissible if derived from minerals such as spirits, petrochemicals, and other substances.

He made the comments after he was asked to respond to reports of a fatwa allegedly issued by Saudi Arabian clerics deeming beverages containing 40% alcohol or less as halal.

"I got various calls from Europe a few days ago and some youngsters told me that Saudi ulema had deemed those beverages halal that contain 40% or less alcohol in them.

"This is their [Saudi ulema's] opinion. I will give mine. I would say that alcohol derived from minerals, such as spirits, petrol and other substances, if it is applied on clothes or elsewhere, then it does not render them impure.

"Now what is the Shariah status [on this matter], whether it [such alcohol] is halal in 100% [quantity] or less, this will be decided only after a thorough consideration," said Qavi, whose membership with the Ruet-e-Hilal Committee was revoked the Ministry of Religious Affairs back in 2016.

Prior to that, he had expressed his views on selfies, the lunar calendar, and legislation that he intends to introduce to promote religious tolerance after being acquitted in the Qandeel murder case.

Responding to a question about taking selfies, he had said there was nothing wrong with the practice since taking pictures is allowed. He has 70,000 selfies snapped at different places and still willing to pose with anybody who wants to take a picture with him, he had said.

Also read: Religious Affairs Ministry revokes Mufti Qavi’s Ruet-e-Hilal Committee membership

Qavi had told officials back in 2017 that the owner and driver of a vehicle that brought Qandeel's murder suspects — her brother Waseem and cousin Haq Nawaz — from Dera Ghazi Khan to Multan and then took them back was his cousin, Abdul Basit.

The cleric was arrested on October 18 after his bail was rejected by the court.

During one of the hearings in their daughter's murder case, Qandeel's parents had blamed Qavi for their daughter's murder. On the other hand, the social media star had accused him of inappropriate behaviour before her death, telling AFP at the time that she "thought I would expose him as he is in reality".

"He is a different person alone and different when he has his followers around him," Qandeel had said.

Qandeel's murder over so-called 'honour' had sent shockwaves across Pakistan, triggering an outpouring of grief on social media and condemnation from around the world.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/307352-dis...surfaced-video

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am using this video next year when eid chand is announced

Chand raat mubarak with this vid brings out the vibes
    Last edited by Major; 13th September 2020 at 02:36.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect the dude at least, he is flirting with females instead of what some maulvis do...
    Last edited by The Viper; 13th September 2020 at 04:50.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye...Mufti got that yellow fever

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deepfaking is extremely common nowadays ... Lol@giannis!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Maulvi Abdul Qavi's uncle on Saturday withdrew the "honor of Mufti" from the cleric and confiscated his cell phone after a video surfaced of him being slapped by TikTok star Hareem Shah a few days back.

Reportedly, Qavi's uncle Maulana Abdul Wahid took away his cellphone due to his controversial statements and actions which were criticised over various social media platforms.

Maulana Abdul Wahid said that the world is denouncing Qavi's controversial stunts and that he will be given "psychiatric treatment".

Earlier this week, social media was set abuzz over a viral video of TikToker Hareem Shah slapping Ruet-e-Hilal Committee member Mufti Abdul Qavi.

In the video, the Mufti can be seen sitting on a bed, engrossed in a mobile phone, when a woman, dressed in red, startles him by slapping him across the face.

Read more: Hareem Shah assaults Mufti Qavi over 'inappropriate statements'

Talking to Samaa Tv, Hareem Shah had confirmed that the woman in the video was her. The TikToker had claimed she was irked by inappropriate statements made by Mufti Qavi to her and her friend.

“I have no regrets. If men like him are punished, there will not be rapes in Pakistan.”

Meanwhile, the Mufti had told Geo News that he and Shah were invited to shoot for a TV program in Karachi. “I was using my mobile phone in the hotel room when she [Shah] suddenly came into the room and slapped me. She then left.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mufti Sahab is heard saying he loves French wines. He is also heard telling Hareem to spend a night with him.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is not called dancing. He never even moved. Just stood and tried to shake his belly.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guna View Post
    That is not called dancing. He never even moved. Just stood and tried to shake his belly.
    His swag level is so high he doesn't need to dance
    Him shaking his belly get all the female attention he needs

Us simps won't understand to legend Qavi

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently his family have locked him in a room and took away his phone LOL

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These are the kind of "scholars" we have been warned about in the hadiths. As the hour approaches, their kind will become the norm (if it hasnt already)

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
    Apparently his family have locked him in a room and took away his phone LOL
    His family is an influential academically inclined religious family

So according to them they took away his Mufti title and from now on any of his fatwas are not legit

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a very boring party to be honest.