Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You are delusional if you think that Pakistan ODI team would fare better against the likes of England and Australia in Pakistan than they did in the UAE. The issue is the obvious gulf in quality between us and them, not the venue.

We can beat these sides in one-off games, but over a series, we don’t stand a chance.

Also, please don’t sell me the dummy of Pakistan getting blanked by Australia last year because we rested our players.

First, we have seen what miracles our main players have performed against the top ODI sides in the UAE, and second, the reserve players in that series actually did better than the first choice players they replaced.

Abid Ali replaced Fakhar and scored a century.

Haris replaced and Babar and scored two hundreds.

Rizwan replaced Sarfraz and also scored two hundreds.

We are a rubbish side with or without our main players.
    Am i delusional? Pakistan beat same aus comprehensively in 2018 t20 series where they were white washed by pakistan .Now you are saying to me same core of players wouldn't have won odi series 😂😂😂😂

We can beat aus in uae and it is not that hard just look at their poor record in test and t20 their

I am just stating the fact you are just nitpicking for your agenda.

who ever have carefully watch that series can clearly see new players were under pressure for their spot and was mostly playing for themselves (Rizwan,abid ali).Forget about the non existence bowling attack of abbas and yasir in it....

Yes we are rubbish but mentioning pakistan have not beaten aus in odi series sincs 2002 is ridiculous. In last 20 years pakistan have not had proper odi series against aus be it in uae or in pakistan .
    Last edited by saeed5646; 18th September 2020 at 08:33.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    The Main players whose presence helped white wash same aus team in t20 series in uae

Sarfaraz, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Zaman, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Shah Afridi
    I don’t remember whether Aus also rested some of their players or not. Looking at the scorecard, it seems like Australia were also missing at least missing 4 main players. So we can clearly state that both teams had key players missing.

However, even if they did rest some of the main players, Pakistan lost 5-0. If they were so poor as to lose 5-0, what makes you think Pakistan would have won, when the top players of Australia were back?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    I don’t remember whether Aus also rested some of their players or not. Looking at the scorecard, it seems like Australia were also missing at least missing 4 main players. So we can clearly state that both teams had key players missing.

However, even if they did rest some of the main players, Pakistan lost 5-0. If they were so poor as to lose 5-0, what makes you think Pakistan would have won, when the top players of Australia were back?
    Pakistan bench strength is not strong as aus .Aus have better second 11 than Pakistan.

But full strength Pakistan can beat aus in uae in odi series ...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan bench strength is not strong as aus .Aus have better second 11 than Pakistan.

But full strength Pakistan can beat aus in uae in odi series ...
    No reason or history for that to be true. Pakistan has not defeated Australia in 3 odi series in UAE prior to the one in 2019. I don’t see any reason for you to believe that Pakistan would beat them now.

Additionally, the players missing for Australia are much better cricketers than those missing for Pakistan. Starc, Cummins, Warner and Smith are greater cricketers than Sarfaraz, Shadab, SSA, Fakhar and Hasan. Only Babar is in the league of the Aus cricketers. So arguably, Australia would have been even more stronger than Pakistan if both teams played the full XI.

However, in the end Pakistan lost 5-0. No ifs or buts will change that. Hypotheticals don’t make Pakistan stronger than Australia. And the very fact that Australia bench beat Pakistan bench by 5-0 at Pakistan’s ‘home’ venue, shows the gulf in class between the two teams.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    No reason or history for that to be true. Pakistan has not defeated Australia in 3 odi series in UAE prior to the one in 2019. I don’t see any reason for you to believe that Pakistan would beat them now.

Additionally, the players missing for Australia are much better cricketers than those missing for Pakistan. Starc, Cummins, Warner and Smith are greater cricketers than Sarfaraz, Shadab, SSA, Fakhar and Hasan. Only Babar is in the league of the Aus cricketers. So arguably, Australia would have been even more stronger than Pakistan if both teams played the full XI.

However, in the end Pakistan lost 5-0. No ifs or buts will change that. Hypotheticals don’t make Pakistan stronger than Australia. And the very fact that Australia bench beat Pakistan bench by 5-0 at Pakistan’s ‘home’ venue, shows the gulf in class between the two teams.

Talk about missing my point .Let's leave it here and agree with disgree

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Am i delusional? Pakistan beat same aus comprehensively in 2018 t20 series where they were white washed by pakistan .Now you are saying to me same core of players wouldn't have won odi series 😂😂😂😂

We can beat aus in uae and it is not that hard just look at their poor record in test and t20 their

I am just stating the fact you are just nitpicking for your agenda.

who ever have carefully watch that series can clearly see new players were under pressure for their spot and was mostly playing for themselves (Rizwan,abid ali).Forget about the non existence bowling attack of abbas and yasir in it....

Yes we are rubbish but mentioning pakistan have not beaten aus in odi series sincs 2002 is ridiculous. In last 20 years pakistan have not had proper odi series against aus be it in uae or in pakistan .
    Again, as I said, you are delusional.

Pakistan picked up cheap T20I wins but that formula did not translate into ODI cricket. Between 2017-18, we established a fake streak in the format but we produced minnow like results in ODI cricket.

There is no doubt about the fact that Australia would have beaten a full-strength Pakistan side in the ODI series. You can live in denial to make yourself feel better. That is your choice.

We have had “proper” ODI series against Australia in the UAE in 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2019. We have lost every single time.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the case why don't you stop watching other teams as they are just useless as per your opinion.What kind of thread is this.Delete this already

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan produce competitive cricket too when they play the likes of west indies, BD and SL. They just need the right opponents!

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Pakistan produce competitive cricket too when they play the likes of west indies, BD and SL. They just need the right opponents!
    Or India in the CT final

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Or India in the CT final
    One offs do happen. Even the PAK-WI CWC match and the PAK-SL T20's were supposed to be competitive but Pakistan were thrashed pretty badly

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOOOOL at this thread

That was a high quality innings by Brendon Taylor against a top class bowling attack. Never disrespect cricketers by pigeon holing them in teams

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricket is a beautiful game. Whether it is played between England and Australia or your local cricket club against their arch rivals.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Massive respect for Brendom Taylor and Wesley Madhevere. To play those knocks under pressure against a good one day international side and a bowling attack of 3 pacers who bowl at 90mph deserves huge applause.

Thankfully threads like this exist for us to appreciate the true beauty of cricket rather than the superficiality

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOOOOL at this thread

That was a high quality innings by Brendon Taylor against a top class bowling attack. Never disrespect cricketers by pigeon holing them in teams
    Isnt it bit of a self goal by bumping this thread? Pakistan just got saved from an embarassment of losing against Zimbabwe at home. It was more to do with oppositions inexperience rather than good cricket by Pakistan. I would have waited for a better match to bump this thread...just saying.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Isnt it bit of a self goal by bumping this thread? Pakistan just got saved from an embarassment of losing against Zimbabwe at home. It was more to do with oppositions inexperience rather than good cricket by Pakistan. I would have waited for a better match to bump this thread...just saying.
    Not really, if you read the post it was in appreciation of Zimbabwe's run chase effort .

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cricketing rivalries are like marriages. Good rivalries are heavily dependent on an equal or at least somewhat comparable level of cultural richness and economic status.

The Big 3 and the iconic rivalries theh formed over the years had a natural genesis thay could not jabe veen planned.

It was always meant to be.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Quality" of cricket is a very subjective term. And that makes the argument behind this thread a bit...... flawed.

Ofcourse when teams that are closer to each other in terms of ability will inevitably produce close games that makes viewing enjoyable whether it be Australia Vs England or India, Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka/Zimbabwe or some game between a couple of club teams from Queensland.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mean some of those shots by Brendon Taylor...90mph at the stumps or at his throat and he would ramp the ball the ball to 3rd man and fine leg was high quality.

282 was a below par score but Zimbabwe being a side that hardly gets to play against any decent opposition, and the long lay off from cricket would make this score feel like 330, that too under lights and away from home. Pakistan had three 90mph bowlers, whereas Zimbabwe have been playing most of their cricket against sides that do not have single bowlers anywhere near this pace.

So, this chase by them was indeed of the highest quality in the context of the game of cricket, which is a beautiful sport.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An Interesting question

Brendon Taylor’s 110 v Chris Gayle’s 99 on the same day. Which one was the knock of a ‘higher quality’.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I vow to bump this jack@ss thread every time we will see a proper cricket match with good quality cricket played between non big 3 nations
    Always

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Always
    We will always see garbage posts from most of the Indians, but what really gets to me is the so called “Pakistani” fans who post as if they woke up to the sound of Ganges River which they peed in the night before.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean some of those shots by Brendon Taylor...90mph at the stumps or at his throat and he would ramp the ball the ball to 3rd man and fine leg was high quality.

282 was a below par score but Zimbabwe being a side that hardly gets to play against any decent opposition, and the long lay off from cricket would make this score feel like 330, that too under lights and away from home. Pakistan had three 90mph bowlers, whereas Zimbabwe have been playing most of their cricket against sides that do not have single bowlers anywhere near this pace.

So, this chase by them was indeed of the highest quality in the context of the game of cricket, which is a beautiful sport.
    TBH, the first innings when Pakistan was batting was very boring. It looked like test match in colored uniform. Dot balls galore, no urgency in running between the wickets, terrible ground fielding and top of that very poor broadcast with bland commentary.

The only reason 2nd innings looked bit interesting because no one thought Zimbabwe had any chance. But dew helped and their batsman batted well (to a certain extent). However they were never going to reach the target bcoz minnows hardly know how to close matches.

This game reminded me of the India -Hongkong game in Asia cup. I know you will support your team but if you think logically it was hardly best quality of cricket. Though I dont agree with OP that only big 3 produces best cricket but this game was a poor example to prove otherwise. Infact this match kind of supports what OP is saying.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Always
    Yeah ,ZIM vs PAK is also up there.As good a contest as big 3 matches

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Yeah ,ZIM vs PAK is also up there.As good a contest as big 3 matches
    Brendon Taylor’s 110 v Chris Gayle’s 99 on the same day. Which one was the knock of a ‘higher quality’.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham