Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Post Post-match press conference with Englandís SL_Fan after the first Test

Reporter: First of all congratulations on the win. It got really tense there in the end.

SL_Fan: Yes it was a hard fought victory. For a long time now @London_Lahori has received a lot of flack for going missing during the tough situations but today he showed that he can deliver when the guy on the other is capable of absorbing all the pressure. I had to calm him down on a few occasions after he started hyperventilating but glad that he managed to hold on for once and help me close out the game.

Reporter: Few times you were seen having animated discussions with @last_knight out in the middle. On a couple of occasions it looked like he even had to forcefully take the ball out of your hand.

SL_Fan: It was just difference of opinion thatís all. Yes I did go wicketless in the first dig but I was keeping things tight. Captain however was adamant that I was leaking runs and not sticking to the plans. I did have @Watsupdoc plumb lbw twice but we unfortunately didnít go upstairs. Yes the replays showed that he got some bat on it both times but it would have been nice to have a bit more support from your captain.

Reporter: There are reports coming out that a few of your guys were involved in a dressing-room spat on the last day. Is there any truth to that?

SL_Fan: Well as far as I know ďsomeoneĒ had seen @Smbhayi cleaning his cleats with @Moh@nís toothbrush and @Moh@n may or may not have thrown a chocolate bar at him. Also that ďsomeoneĒ may or may not have been @maddgenius and the ďchocolate barĒ may or may not have been a 65Ē television. I donít want to say anything more than that. Iím a firm believer in not airing oneís dirty laundry out in public.

Reporter: The stunning one-handed mid-air catch you took to dismiss @Thunderbolt14 in the first innings has already been rated by Wisden as the catch of the century. Have you heard about that one?

SL_Fan: No I havenít but canít say that Iím surprised really. I mean donít take it the wrong way but you know itís not easy to be humble when youíre just so good at everything. Last few years I have worked very hard on all areas of my game. Iím usually the last guy to turn up to training and the first guy to leave. So I guess itís starting to pay off out in the middle.

Reporter: Looking towards the second Test do you see any changes coming?

SL_Fan: Yes I think Pakistan might have to drop at least half their side to have any chance considering how they played this Test.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    chow is going to get murdered in the second test

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    963 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think reporter also comgartulated James- @MenInG -Anderson for getting to 600 wickets milestone. That part is missing from interview.
    Chow wanted to bowl with new ball. Captain was edplaininh to him that because of his exceptional control and reverse swing with old cherry he was needed more after first 10 overs.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I think reporter also comgartulated James- @MenInG -Anderson for getting to 600 wickets milestone. That part is missing from interview.
    Chow wanted to bowl with new ball. Captain was edplaininh to him that because of his exceptional control and reverse swing with old cherry he was needed more after first 10 overs.
    Its been a tough ride but I did it!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter