Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 241 to 320 of 348
  1. #241
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,784
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If England pull this back I can't imagine Maxwell and Carey sleeping tonight.

  2. #242
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mark wood should have bowled, starc can hit spinners

  3. #243
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    mark wood should have bowled, starc can hit spinners
    called it. literally a second earlier

  4. #244
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starc hits a six. Wow!

    4 runs are needed from 5 balls.



  5. #245
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,038
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus still have a chance but I’ve never seen so many crazy chokes by a single team in one tour


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  6. #246
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even if England win this, it was dumb by morgan to get Rashid on for starc.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  7. #247
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,122
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why not wood?? Omg ��

  8. #248
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a game. What a series. Watched nearly every ball of the ODIs.

  9. #249
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Aus still have a chance but I’ve never seen so many crazy chokes by a single team in one tour
    They literally controlled 75-80% of almost all the games but the scoreline simply doesnt show. At crucial junctures, they were severely damaged by England.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  10. #250
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats australia. deserved it after that partnership from maxwell and carey

  11. #251
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a win for Australia.

  12. #252
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia win the match and the series (2-1).

    Congratulations.



  13. #253
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,279
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What happened to Mamoo's clutch team?? Lost a series at home

  14. #254
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,784
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The spinner was always a huge gamble for the last over.
    Maxwell and Carey deserved this. What a thriller.

  15. #255
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    6,055
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That was dumb captaincy from Morgan. You don't bowl a spinner in the last over but full credit to Australia.

  16. #256
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Australia without smith and nearly choking in all games managed to beat a full strength England in their own backyard when England hadn't lost a home bilateral in 5 years. Let that sink in.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  17. #257
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    664
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't fathom why Morgan chose Rashid over Wood.

  18. #258
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the biggest choke of this year. an even bigger choke than the pakistan losing the first test match.

  19. #259
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,729
    Mentioned
    3095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol what was Morgan Thinking..?

  20. #260
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon, you deserve the humiliation. Australia were without Smith so don't make excuses such as Stokes wasn't there.

    Never disrespect the greatest cricketing nation again.


  21. #261
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,038
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very poor call to give Rashid the last


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  22. #262
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,038
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the best odi partnerships I’ve seen in a chase


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  23. #263
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    5,768
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Australia without smith and nearly choking in all games managed to beat a full strength England in their own backyard when England hadn't lost a home bilateral in 5 years. Let that sink in.
    England was missing Stokes. Stokes is 30% of the England team.

  24. #264
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    I can't fathom why Morgan chose Rashid over Wood.
    exactly. made no sense. leggies go for runs. let the no . 9 and no .8 face the seamer

  25. #265
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    15,237
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Starc is known for his Wasim-esque hitting ability. It was blunder from Morgan to give Rashid the final over.

    But what an incredible knock from Glenn Maxwell! One of the all-time great ODI knocks IMO.

  26. #266
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    29,429
    Mentioned
    2538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    How could I miss this game!!!! How could I?

    Aussies at their best.

  27. #267
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But aus deserved to win after that partnership from carey and maxwell

  28. #268
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    England was missing Stokes. Stokes is 30% of the England team.
    Apart from that clutch final knock, hes not a great odi player.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  29. #269
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,729
    Mentioned
    3095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    What happened to Mamoo's clutch team?? Lost a series at home
    That too after Aussies down by 5 wickets for 80 odd runs.. Super clutch team 😝😝

  30. #270
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    10,469
    Mentioned
    989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “England would beat this Australian side 9/10 times.”


  31. #271
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon crying. His so called best limited over team lost a ODI series home to Australia without their best batsmen. And both T20 series and ODIs Australia bossed them. England got lucky in the T20 and last odi game but luck don't favour you all the time. Well deserved series win for Australia who bossed most of the series.

  32. #272
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, surprised Aus din’t choke again.
    Well done.

    Could’ve easily won the T20 as well. Alas, I am sure this will bring them joy.

  33. #273
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    664
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    exactly. made no sense. leggies go for runs. let the no . 9 and no .8 face the seamer
    Especially when Cummins and Starc are known for being decent with the bat, and big hitting. Very disappointed with Morgan here.

  34. #274
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    1,355
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a crazy game. Never write off the Aussies.

  35. #275
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    163
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    How could I miss this game!!!! How could I?

    Aussies at their best.
    once carey survived the no ball, played like an ath aussie team

  36. #276
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    15,237
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    That too after Aussies down by 5 wickets for 80 odd runs.. Super clutch team 😝😝
    From 73-5, they have chased down 303.

  37. #277
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    1,355
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wood shouldve bowled the last over.

  38. #278
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Starc is known for his Wasim-esque hitting ability. It was blunder from Morgan to give Rashid the final over.

    But what an incredible knock from Glenn Maxwell! One of the all-time great ODI knocks IMO.
    Always reminds me if Akram, using his long levers to hit a long ball. Morgan choked, nothing. Bowling a a spinner turning the ball in to Starc, a guy with such reach and ability
    Just goes to show that last match was a fluke, Emgland can only win games when they are right on top. In close games when you need to be spot on with your strategy, they cant get the job done.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  39. #279
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to all Australian and especially Pakistani fans.

  40. #280
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    10,729
    Mentioned
    3095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post

    But what an incredible knock from Glenn Maxwell! One of the all-time great ODI knocks IMO.
    Would've if he didn't played that stupid shot.. Totally unnecessary..


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  41. #281
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    18,078
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another match endorsing that never to bowl spinner in the decisive over.

  42. #282
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    No i think u r stupid if u believe rashid was a better option than wood for last over. Go learn a bit about cricket
    I never said that. Why are you making stuff up?

  43. #283
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    21,038
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great ODI series


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  44. #284
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,279
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England were lucky Australia had an off day in the World Cup semifinal

  45. #285
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    1,372
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a crazy series. And aussies have there nose in front most of the time. They should have won the T20 series and hell they have won ODI series

    Top notch cricket from both teams. A sumptous treat for fans.

    Wow. Among all the talks of Aussies weak middle order its has really been english middle order which has been letting them down with none of there top guns Roy Root , Morgan and butler firing

    They erred in putting pressure on carey who was struggling early and thought too much about short boundaries.

  46. #286
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    England is the only team in the world that could have posted 300 after being 0/2 after 0.2 overs,

    and England is also the only team in the world that could have taken the game to the last two deliveries after the equation that they found themselves after the 45th over in the Australian innings.

    Indeed they are the most clutch team at the moment. Their mentality is amazing.

    Every team will have a bad day, but the clutch teams make sure that they fight till the very end. This is the main factor that separates England from the rest at the moment.

  47. #287
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    16,741
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Congratulations to all Australian and especially Pakistani fans.
    You have to admit, Australia have been the better side this series. This was no fluke.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  48. #288
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be frank, rashids been pretty garbage since the beginning of the world cup

  49. #289
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    5,768
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Congratulations to all Australian and especially Pakistani fans.
    And the most to you of course, you love clutch teams

  50. #290
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    England is the only team in the world that could have posted 300 after being 0/2 after 0.2 overs,

    and England is also the only team in the world that could have taken the game to the last two deliveries after the equation that they found themselves after the 45th over in the Australian innings.

    Indeed they are the most clutch team at the moment. Their mentality is amazing.

    Every team will have a bad day, but the clutch teams make sure that they fight till the very end. This is the main factor that separates England from the rest at the moment.
    Australia were 73-5 and still won the game. Why don't you mention that? If England won the game from that position you would be doing banghra and laps of honour for England.

    Stop disrespecting the greatest cricketing nation. Everytime England and India lose its always because they have a bad day.

    England have been outplayed for a majority of the series. But your English bias doesn't let you see that.

  51. #291
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    England is the only team in the world that could have posted 300 after being 0/2 after 0.2 overs,

    and England is also the only team in the world that could have taken the game to the last two deliveries after the equation that they found themselves after the 45th over in the Australian innings.

    Indeed they are the most clutch team at the moment. Their mentality is amazing.

    Every team will have a bad day, but the clutch teams make sure that they fight till the very end. This is the main factor that separates England from the rest at the moment.
    Also consider that root, butler have been tired after playing cricket for 2-3 months. Aussies were fresh. But u have to admit, this match was a monumental choke from eng

  52. #292
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Mamoon, you deserve the humiliation. Australia were without Smith so don't make excuses such as Stokes wasn't there.

    Never disrespect the greatest cricketing nation again.
    You did bhangra over Australia throughout the World Cup last summer and carried the “greatest cricketing nation” banner until you were left red-faced after what happened in the semifinal.

    Australia is indeed the greatest cricketing nation, but this particular bunch of players have absolutely nothing to do with why Australia is the greatest cricketing nation.

    England is the better ODI side at the moment, the rankings reflect that and the head to head record between the two sides over the last 3-4 years reflects that.

    This was a good series win for Australia, but that is where it ends. Nothing more, nothing else.

    If you do not understand that and once again ride a kangaroo and call a team with players like Finch, Warner, Stoinis, Zampa, Marsh “the greatest cricket nation”, then it will show that you are either a blind fan of Australian cricket or you don’t understand cricket in the first place.

  53. #293
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    4,707
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good match.

    Aussies gonna Aussie, that is win the cricket matches.

  54. #294
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    15,237
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Would've if he didn't played that stupid shot.. Totally unnecessary..
    That is exactly what makes a Glenn Maxwell. It is because of that confidence that Maxwell brought Australia in that game and won them the match.

    He will continue to play like that, on bad days may look stupid, have string of failures but if he didnt played like that, he won't have been able to bring Australia in the game. You can't expect sensibility with Maxwell and in a way that is the reason why he managed to pull off this miracle.

  55. #295
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Australia were 73-5 and still won the game. Why don't you mention that? If England won the game from that position you would be doing banghra and laps of honour for England.

    Stop disrespecting the greatest cricketing nation. Everytime England and India lose its always because they have a bad day.

    England have been outplayed for a majority of the series. But your English bias doesn't let you see that.
    If you get off your kangaroo which you have been riding since the start of the last World Cup, can you please explain what Finch, Warner, Stoinis, Marsh, Zampa, Labuschagne etc. have to do with Australia’s status as the “greatest cricketing nation”?

  56. #296
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    Especially when Cummins and Starc are known for being decent with the bat, and big hitting. Very disappointed with Morgan here.
    couldve easily won if he bowled wood

  57. #297
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    Also consider that root, butler have been tired after playing cricket for 2-3 months. Aussies were fresh. But u have to admit, this match was a monumental choke from eng
    How was it a choke? England were on the back-foot since ball one, it was always an uphill battle once they were reduced to 0/2 after 0.2 overs.

    Choke would be losing a match after having it in the bag, something which Australia nearly pulled off again today.

  58. #298
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maxwells form is the main reason why Australia won this series. His form is crucial for Australia's success

  59. #299
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You have to admit, Australia have been the better side this series. This was no fluke.
    Of course if wasn’t a fluke. Australia is not Pakistan or Sri Lanka. They have the capability to beat the two best ODI sides (England and India) if they bring their A game. They have had a very good series.

  60. #300
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    How was it a choke? England were on the back-foot since ball one, it was always an uphill battle once they were reduced to 0/2 after 0.2 overs.

    Choke would be losing a match after having it in the bag, something which Australia nearly pulled off again today.
    yea, technically, its not specifically a choke. but eng should have easily won after having them 73-5. it was a freak partnership

  61. #301
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You did bhangra over Australia throughout the World Cup last summer and carried the “greatest cricketing nation” banner until you were left red-faced after what happened in the semifinal.

    Australia is indeed the greatest cricketing nation, but this particular bunch of players have absolutely nothing to do with why Australia is the greatest cricketing nation.

    England is the better ODI side at the moment, the rankings reflect that and the head to head record between the two sides over the last 3-4 years reflects that.

    This was a good series win for Australia, but that is where it ends. Nothing more, nothing else.

    If you do not understand that and once again ride a kangaroo and call a team with players like Finch, Warner, Stoinis, Zampa, Marsh “the greatest cricket nation”, then it will show that you are either a blind fan of Australian cricket or you don’t understand cricket in the first place.
    Australia are the greatest cricketing nation. Whether you like it or not. I know you desperately want it to be England or India but that isn't happening anytime soon.


    I have called England the best ODI team in the world many times. I truly respect what they have done.

    What I don't like is how everytime England lose , you never say they are outplayed. You always say that hey are unlucky etc.

    Admit it, if England won from the position Australia were in you would be still doing banghra now.

  62. #302
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    3,680
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable stuff. Worthy of SA v Aus

  63. #303
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If you get off your kangaroo which you have been riding since the start of the last World Cup, can you please explain what Finch, Warner, Stoinis, Marsh, Zampa, Labuschagne etc. have to do with Australia’s status as the “greatest cricketing nation”?
    Australia maybe not be at their strongest now, but overall they are the strongest cricketing nation.

    Since you want to mock Australia, you talk about how clutch England are. What happened in 2015,2011,2007,2003, and other WCs lol?

    England have a couple of good years and you lose the plot.

  64. #304
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England always gives the tightest matches consistently. They are like pakistan except alot more high quality.

    That is why they are my favorite team

  65. #305
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon, Warner is better than your boys Bairstow and Roy.

    Can remember when you said Roy gave you Sehwag vibes. Sure looked like Sehwag in this series.

    Can't forget the classic that Archer will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowler.

    At least I don't overhype Australian cricketers like that.

  66. #306
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    yea, technically, its not specifically a choke. but eng should have easily won after having them 73-5. it was a freak partnership
    England didn’t have enough runs in the end, especially with their two key bowlers having bad days at the office.

    For me, the real turning point of the game was Australia dismissing Bairstow and Billings in the space of 3 overs, which effectively cost England 25-30 runs in the end, which would have been enough to defend in spite of heroics from Maxwell and Carey.

    Australia were never out of the game today in terms of required run rate, which meant they were always able to exert pressure on England in spite of wickets falling. A very good chase indeed - Maxwell and Carey will struggle to play better knocks in their careers.

  67. #307
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    1,372
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To those blaming Morgon for giving rashid last over fail to understand that it was not such a bad move but a ver bad first ball.

    Rashid should have bowling leg spinners
    Into the surface and letting starc take the challenge of clearing the long boundary. Rashid did petty well in the previous match against lefty and that might have influenced the decision

    Also bear in mind wood extra pace can help get boundaries of knicks and edges so thats not aa straight forward.

    It was petty poor first ball from Rashid but these things happens in close games

    Where morgon really erred was to let off out of touch carey.

    Aussies have dominated most part of games so deserving wimners they played much better than there ranking and put fancied england under the pump

  68. #308
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Australia maybe not be at their strongest now, but overall they are the strongest cricketing nation.

    Since you want to mock Australia, you talk about how clutch England are. What happened in 2015,2011,2007,2003, and other WCs lol?

    England have a couple of good years and you lose the plot.
    Who is talking about overall strongest cricket nation?

    When did I call England the most clutch team in history?

    What has this England and Australia got to do with past English and Australian sides?

    What is the point of going off a tangent in this fashion?

  69. #309
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    4,707
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    England didn’t have enough runs in the end, especially with their two key bowlers having bad days at the office.

    For me, the real turning point of the game was Australia dismissing Bairstow and Billings in the space of 3 overs, which effectively cost England 25-30 runs in the end, which would have been enough to defend in spite of heroics from Maxwell and Carey.

    Australia were never out of the game today in terms of required run rate, which meant they were always able to exert pressure on England in spite of wickets falling. A very good chase indeed - Maxwell and Carey will struggle to play better knocks in their careers.
    Aussies were one mishit away from losing for majority of the chase. Apart from that no ball wicket England could not produce one in time

  70. #310
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Mamoon, Warner is better than your boys Bairstow and Roy.

    Can remember when you said Roy gave you Sehwag vibes. Sure looked like Sehwag in this series.

    Can't forget the classic that Archer will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowler.

    At least I don't overhype Australian cricketers like that.
    Of course you overhype Australian cricketers.

    You are calling the 5th ranked ODI team in the world the greatest cricket nation. I think the word overhype doesn’t do justice to what you are doing.

    I have a better word, but it might be censored.

  71. #311
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Of course you overhype Australian cricketers.

    You are calling the 5th ranked ODI team in the world the greatest cricket nation. I think the word overhype doesn’t do justice to what you are doing.

    I have a better word, but it might be censored.
    So Australia in terms of player quality, trophies, history,and consistency aren't the greatest cricketing nation?

    Let me guess it's England for winning the 2019 WC.

    I have never said something like " xyz Australian bowler will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowler" like you did with Archer. That's what you call over hyping. Also saying Roy was on Sehwag level was embarrassing. Can you honestly say that isn't over hyping? Please respond. Don't ignore this point.

  72. #312
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    So Australia in terms of player quality, trophies, history,and consistency aren't the greatest cricketing nation?

    Let me guess it's England for winning the 2019 WC.

    I have never said something like " xyz Australian bowler will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowler" like you did with Archer. That's what you call over hyping. Also saying Roy was on Sehwag level was embarrassing. Can you honestly say that isn't over hyping? Please respond. Don't ignore this point.
    I agree with the notion that Australia is the greatest cricket nation. When have I not?

    Again, what is so hard to understand about the fact that this current Australian team have nothing to do with Australia’s status as the greatest cricket nation?

    My only problem is that you talk about Australia as the greatest cricket nation whenever this current Australian team wins. In other words, why do you relate the success of this Australia team with their past glory?

    You were doing bhangra during the World Cup last year and talked about Australia’s championship mentality. I told you a dozen times that this Australian team had nothing to do with their championship mentality of the past, but you didn’t listen.

    Then you saw what happened to their championship mentality in the semifinal.

  73. #313
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I agree with the notion that Australia is the greatest cricket nation. When have I not?

    Again, what is so hard to understand about the fact that this current Australian team have nothing to do with Australia’s status as the greatest cricket nation?

    My only problem is that you talk about Australia as the greatest cricket nation whenever this current Australian team wins. In other words, why do you relate the success of this Australia team with their past glory?

    You were doing bhangra during the World Cup last year and talked about Australia’s championship mentality. I told you a dozen times that this Australian team had nothing to do with their championship mentality of the past, but you didn’t listen.

    Then you saw what happened to their championship mentality in the semifinal.

    Australia may not be at their best but they can still beat England in their golden era. How regularly did England beat Australia at their best? They were beaten black and blue in every nation. This is why I'm saying they are the greatest cricketing nation. Even in a weakish period they are still capable of achieving good results.

    I don't understand why you are ignoring the parts about Archer and Roy. If a Pakistan fan said that you wouldn't let them forget it.

    That is what you call over hyping. Archer on the level of 70s and 80s West Indies bowlers. That was a hilarious comment.

  74. #314
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,891
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Mamoon, Warner is better than your boys Bairstow and Roy.

    Can remember when you said Roy gave you Sehwag vibes. Sure looked like Sehwag in this series.

    Can't forget the classic that Archer will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowler.

    At least I don't overhype Australian cricketers like that.
    Tbf roy did bat like sehwag when given a go in tests. Exactly how sehwag batted outside SC.

  75. #315
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    25,227
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Morgan lost the game when he was taking the p*** with keeping Root on for a spell of 7-8 overs when he could have gone for the kill a lot earlier. You can’t trust Rashid as your match winner bowler, he is halwa for the vast majority of clean hitters in world cricket.

  76. #316
    Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,309
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England only have themselves to blame. At 78-5 or whatever it was, Archer got Carey off a no ball and that ultimately cost them the game. To make matters worse, Buttler dropped Maxwell. He really needs to work on his keeping.

  77. #317
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,700
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a comeback by the Aussies! Should have won 3-0 ODI’s and 2-1 T20’s.

    This great comeback reminds me when they took India to cleaners last year when they were 2-0 down. Well done.

    And Pakistani players can only dream about such a fightback.

  78. #318
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,879
    Mentioned
    6872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Australia may not be at their best but they can still beat England in their golden era. How regularly did England beat Australia at their best? They were beaten black and blue in every nation. This is why I'm saying they are the greatest cricketing nation. Even in a weakish period they are still capable of achieving good results.

    I don't understand why you are ignoring the parts about Archer and Roy. If a Pakistan fan said that you wouldn't let them forget it.

    That is what you call over hyping. Archer on the level of 70s and 80s West Indies bowlers. That was a hilarious comment.
    Once again, and maybe for the 100th and the last time, I agree that Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    Australia beating England in their golden era is not because Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    This current team has 7-8 players that will not get anywhere near the greatest Australian XI.

    They are a very good side today but England and India are better. However, although this is England’s best ever ODI side, it is not comparable to the great Australian and West Indies sides of the past.

    Thus, performing against this England side cannot be compared to performing against the 2000s Australian team.

    You are basically making up points on your own and then end up arguing against them.

    No one has ever said that Australia is not the greatest cricket nation or that this England side is better than the 2000s Australia.

  79. #319
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Once again, and maybe for the 100th and the last time, I agree that Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    Australia beating England in their golden era is not because Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    This current team has 7-8 players that will not get anywhere near the greatest Australian XI.

    They are a very good side today but England and India are better. However, although this is England’s best ever ODI side, it is not comparable to the great Australian and West Indies sides of the past.

    Thus, performing against this England side cannot be compared to performing against the 2000s Australian team.

    You are basically making up points on your own and then end up arguing against them.

    No one has ever said that Australia is not the greatest cricket nation or that this England side is better than the 2000s Australia.
    Can you please respond to why you said Archer will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowlers? That is what you call over hyping.

  80. #320
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    34,917
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Once again, and maybe for the 100th and the last time, I agree that Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    Australia beating England in their golden era is not because Australia is the greatest cricket nation.

    This current team has 7-8 players that will not get anywhere near the greatest Australian XI.

    They are a very good side today but England and India are better. However, although this is England’s best ever ODI side, it is not comparable to the great Australian and West Indies sides of the past.

    Thus, performing against this England side cannot be compared to performing against the 2000s Australian team.

    You are basically making up points on your own and then end up arguing against them.

    No one has ever said that Australia is not the greatest cricket nation or that this England side is better than the 2000s Australia.
    The bar is so low for England greatest ODI 11 . It's really not that hard to get into. It's not easy to produce cricketers of Warne,McGrath, and Ponting .


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •