Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Can you please respond to why you said Archer will be up there with the West Indies 70s and 80s bowlers? That is what you call over hyping.
    Archer is the only player in history who was fast-tracked into international cricket to help his country win a World Cup and he pulled it off. He deserves all the hype.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair to say England pulled a Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The bar is so low for England greatest ODI 11 . It's really not that hard to get into. It's not easy to produce cricketers of Warne,McGrath, and Ponting .
    This England side is not just Englandís greatest but it is among the best ODI sides overall. However, they obviously donít match up to the 2000ís Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Archer is the only player in history who was fast-tracked into international cricket to help his country win a World Cup and he pulled it off. He deserves all the hype.
    But he is not going to be as good as those West Indies bowlers.

Don't say I over hype players. I would never over hype someone like that.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This England side is not just Englandís greatest but <B>it is among the best ODI sides overall</B>. However, they obviously donít match up to the 2000ís Australia.
    They just lost to the weakest Aussies side at home and barely managed to sneak the World Cup win at home. I don't think it is anywhere near the greatest or best ODI sides. They are unproven in subcontinent and need to win more in big tournaments to be considered one of the best ever.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well played boys

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England are a better team than this Australian one.

However, that doesnít change the fact that even though England may be the best ODI team of the current era, they are anywhere close to being one of the best of all time as of yet.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow? australia won. I still have no faith in their batting to be honest despite their win. Don't see them winning in subcontinent.

smith is world class but nothing special in odi
    labu is ok

their only good batsmen are finch if he fires. warner has regressed.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats to the Aussies. A deserved and thrilling win for them. Maxwell was imperious. England unusually lacked a killer instinct on this occasion.

A largely successful home season for England ends across all formats, then, but they were clearly second best in this particular series.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    How was it a choke? England were on the back-foot since ball one, it was always an uphill battle once they were reduced to 0/2 after 0.2 overs.

Choke would be losing a match after having it in the bag, something which Australia nearly pulled off again today.
    It absolutely was a choke.
    England posted 300 and had Australia 5 out for 73.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    wow? australia won. I still have no faith in their batting to be honest despite their win. Don't see them winning in subcontinent.

labu is ok

That is selling them short

Warner had a bad series but he is class in ODI's
    Smith is very clutch. Not going to score huge but reliable when needed. Perfect player who would have won 2nd match for us
    Labuschange is a good accumulator. Currently averages 47@ 90 which is good

Maxwell is obviously very destructive and Carey has struggled but showed his class in the WC

Don't forget that we have won 2 of our last 3 ODI series in the subcontinent. We can definitely win there as Maxwell, Carey and class players of spin

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This match when I saw Aus were 5 down i turned it off and they won, last match I switched it off when Aus was 2 down and on way to victory and they lost grrrrrrrr

Congratulations to Aus ODI , still the best in this format.(Never expected Alex and Glenn to performs lol)

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by therealAB View Post
    That is selling them short

Warner had a bad series but he is class in ODI's
    Smith is very clutch. Not going to score huge but reliable when needed. Perfect player who would have won 2nd match for us
    Labuschange is a good accumulator. Currently averages 47@ 90 which is good

Maxwell is obviously very destructive and Carey has struggled but showed his class in the WC

Don't forget that we have won 2 of our last 3 ODI series in the subcontinent. We can definitely win there as Maxwell, Carey and class players of spin
    you can but you won't. I doubt it. india will probably win it. kohli will be back with vengeance.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Imran Tahir was too, except South Africa choked as usual.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    What a comeback by the Aussies! Should have won 3-0 ODIís and 2-1 T20ís.

This great comeback reminds me when they took India to cleaners last year when they were 2-0 down. Well done.

And Pakistani players can only dream about such a fightback.
    They beat a full strength india at home with their C team. That was the reason why that series is probably the best bilateral series in the past 5 years.

Handscomb or Khawaja should definitely come back in the side.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

labu is ok

They already won against a full strength india team in india with their C team. Don't have to prove themselves again.

Although handscomb, khawaja from that C team are pretty useful. They can strengthen the current aussie top order.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    England captain Eoin Morgan admitted Australia were "too good" for his side as the tourists clinched the ODI series with a thrilling three-wicket win at Emirates Old Trafford.

Centuries from Alex Carey and Glenn Maxwell took Australia to the brink of victory in the deciding third ODI but England kept themselves in contention as they dismissed the pair in quick succession to leave the visitors needing 10 from the final over.

Australia beat England in thrilling series deciderPundits' moments of the summer

Mitchell Starc, who had taken two wickets in two balls to start the match, got them with a six and a four off Adil Rashid to inflict England's first defeat in a bilateral ODI series since January 2017 and their first at home since 2015, again to Australia.

"We were still in the game (going into the last over)," Morgan said. "When you can break big partnerships and the ball is offering a little bit and it is probably getting more difficult to bat as the innings goes on, you're never out of the game.

"Having someone like Adil Rashid gives us that option as well, even when the game is getting away from us. But Australia, given their performance today, were too good for us.
    to us, guys have stood up which has been brilliant."

While Morgan prepares to head off to the IPL, along with a number of his England team, the coronavirus pandemic means it is unclear when the side will next be playing together.

A white-ball tour of South Africa is tentatively scheduled for November but wherever England's next engagement is, Morgan believes the bio-secure bubbles the ECB have created have provided a blueprint for other nations to learn from.

"From where we were five months ago to have had a full set of international fixtures and to have cricket back on the TV is huge for the game," he said.

"I think we've pioneered and mapped out exactly how to get cricket back on. Given we've had no positive cases within the bubble I think it is a very good example and one every team around the world will look at.

"Whether they can model it exactly like that might be a bit more challenging but I think the ECB has done an outstanding job."

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...s-deciding-odi

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Imran Tahir was too, except South Africa choked as usual.
    Tahir became eligible to play for South Africa just in time for the World Cup. It was good timing.

On the other hand, ECB literally amended the rules to get Archer into the World Cup squad, a World Cup they were heavy favorites for and were absolutely desperate to win. Not winning the World Cup would have been disastrous for England considering all their investment since the 2015 World Cup.

Archer had to cope with a different level of pressure. Can’t think of any other player who had to carry so much weight of expectations right from his first game.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    They already won against a full strength india team in india with their C team. Don't have to prove themselves again.

Although handscomb, khawaja from that C team are pretty useful. They can strengthen the current aussie top order.
    their weaker team beat a weaker india without a few key players.

Their full strength team lost to india in 2020 with smith and warner. so no. india are the best by far along with England. australia is very close but india is better.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Not winning it would haven't have been as big an issue as you feel.

From a domestic audience point of view, honestly they would have got over it quickly. For us on forums it would have provided a topic of debate for a good few years though.

Nobody I have ever interacted with at work who is a cricket fan remembers any of Archers performance in the world cup. He genuinely no pressure on him beyond that of another player, in the manner that you think he did. I mean he replaced David Wiley so he wasnt exactly stepping into big shoes.

In England Archer is famous for taking out Smith with a bouncer in the ashes more than anything.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post

From a domestic audience point of view, honestly they would have got over it quickly. For us on forums it would have provided a topic of debate for a good few years though.

Nobody I have ever interacted with at work who is a cricket fan remembers any of Archers performance in the world cup. He genuinely no pressure on him beyond that of another player, in the manner that you think he did. I mean he replaced David Wiley so he wasnt exactly stepping into big shoes.

In England Archer is famous for taking out Smith with a bouncer in the ashes more than anything.
    He has not gotten smith out even once in test cricket though

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshi98 View Post
    once carey survived the no ball, played like an ath aussie team
    It happened so many time with Australian players - when their position in the team is questioned, theyíll raise their game.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post

yep not once has archer got smithy out.

rabada imo is the best bowler along with bumrah in tests. He got smithy out several times.

cummins has the luxury of not playing vs smithy who is the best batsman ever. cummins has not been effective in subcontinent.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    He has not gotten smith out even once in test cricket though
    Sorry by taking out I mean the bouncer which gave him concussion.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    yep not once has archer got smithy out.

rabada imo is the best bowler along with bumrah in tests. He got smithy out several times.

cummins has the luxury of not playing vs smithy who is the best batsman ever. cummins has not been effective in subcontinent.
    Cummins played 2 tests vs India in 2017 and was really good.
    Bumrah has never played in the SC and Rabada has been terrible
    While CUmmins doesn't have to bowl vs Smith, he also doesn't get to bowl to Travis Head and MAtthew Wade. India's batting lineup is def better than Australia's so that isn't a point

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins played 2 tests vs India in 2017 and was really good.
    Bumrah has never played in the SC and Rabada has been terrible
    While CUmmins doesn't have to bowl vs Smith, he also doesn't get to bowl to Travis Head and MAtthew Wade. India's batting lineup is def better than Australia's so that isn't a point
    cummins did not perform well in india. He averaged 31. That's mediocre. He is lucky he dint tour in 2014, his average in india would have got 50. rabada is good vs Smith. He got him out several times. smith struggles vs rabada.

I will say it again, smith is still the best test player ever and cummins is lucky he never gets to face him.

India's batting lineup is better overall but smith is the x factor in australia. He is just so good in home conditions that you really need to be a special bowler to get him out. Rabada is special.

Yes rabada averages 50 plus in india I know but I will always have respect for anyone who can get smithy or kohli out.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    cummins did not perform well in india. He averaged 31. That's mediocre. He is lucky he dint tour in 2014, his average in india would have got 50. rabada is good vs Smith. He got him out several times. smith struggles vs rabada.

I will say it again, smith is still the best test player ever and cummins is lucky he never gets to face him.

India's batting lineup is better overall but smith is the x factor in australia. He is just so good in home conditions that you really need to be a special bowler to get him out. Rabada is special.

Yes rabada averages 50 plus in india I know but I will always have respect for anyone who can get smithy or kohli out.
    The first pitch he played on was incredibly flat and he was then very good in the 2nd test. He took 8 wickets in 3 innings, and was the 2nd highest wickettaker in the two tests he played - he was very good and exceeded all of the pacers from either side during those two tests
    Given India's batting is better, this is not a major point of difference.
    Talking about mediocre, Rabada's average of more than 30 overseas is mediocre. Brilliant home record but struggles away
    Bumrah has been very good, but in their two comparable series, vs England and vs SA Cummins was clearly better. Also, Bumrah hasn't played vs Smith yet so I struggle to see how this is a point in favour of Bumrah
    Last edited by therealAB; 17th September 2020 at 20:26.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first pitch he played on was incredibly flat and he was then very good in the 2nd test. He took 8 wickets in 3 innings, and was the 2nd highest wickettaker in the two tests he played - he was very good and exceeded all of the pacers from either side during those two tests
    Given India's batting is better, this is not a major point of difference.
    Talking about mediocre, Rabada's average of more than 30 overseas is mediocre. Brilliant home record but struggles away
    Bumrah has been very good, but in their two comparable series, vs England and vs SA Cummins was clearly better. Also, Bumrah hasn't played vs Smith yet so I struggle to see how this is a point in favour of Bumrah

bumrah was a newbie in the series vs s.afruca and England. He averaged 24 in England and he actually did quite well in South Africa. Bumrah will be fine vs Smith and warner. When he is fit he is the better bowler by far. Question is whether he will be injury free or not. I am not being biased. I am talking about skill, fear factor and potency to destroy opposition. bumrah is better.