Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 68 of 68
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    5,902
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    "People in power would not allow the cricket system in Pakistan to be changed" : PM Imran Khan

    PM Imran Khan's speech at the Signing of Agreements Ceremony between the Pakistan Cricket Board and PTV

    First of all I congratulate all of you on signing this agreement

    This is a positive step for my country and for me as this will lead to development of cricket, it will lift the quality of PTV quality and coverage, and also will be a big step for our people who love sports and take interest in cricket in particular; Its good that PTV is taking the lead on sports coverage and especially coverage of cricket in Pakistan

    I would like to say a few things about cricket and our national cricket team; I have always said that I have never seen so much talent (in cricket) that I have seen in Pakistan

    This talent would emerge despite the absence of a system; Not all talent would come out due to our system (in the past)

    Nowhere in the world have such quality players played Test cricket after just playing club cricket as they have done in Pakistan, and that reflects the talent in this country

    That’s why I have said before that if we can fix our cricket system, it will help to polish the talent our country has and then Pakistan will become unbeatable

    Unfortunately, there were people sitting (in positions of power) who due to their own personal interests would not allow the system to be changed

    Pakistan had a totally different system which I was explaining to Misbah and others

    The system used by the world is based on the premise if the level of competition is of good quality, it will produce better quality players.

    Any country will lead the world in cricket which has a system that not only raises the level of competition but also brings in the concept of merit

    Australia is the world’s most successful team and the reason for that is that they have a good system in place

    Anyone who looks at the Pakistan team knows it has talent but we need to fix the system which will polish that talent

    I had been trying for 40 years to say this and had told myself that Inshallah if I ever get power to do so, I will change it

    And I was at pains to explain to Hafeez, Misbah and Azhar that there will be teething pains in the new system we have brought in and this is normal whenever a change is made

    There are always problems whenever reforms are made in any system

    Inshallah we will see after this new system has been brought in that Pakistan’s talent raw talent will shine and its my goal and ambition that this talent will be visible to all in the next World Cup, and Pakistan’s team will become the best team

    2oHrwx.md.jpg

    Last edited by MenInG; 16th September 2020 at 22:04.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    5,425
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rinse and repeat.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,391
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,391
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at misbah azhar and hafeez thinking they could change Khan sahbs mind on this

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    5,902
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Full quotes added in post #1

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,928
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hafeez seems to be very much in the scheme of things and in a position of power if the prime minister himself thinks he is one of those he needs to convince

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,956
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would rather see some actions and results rather than talk like this.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Lol at misbah azhar and hafeez thinking they could change Khan sahbs mind on this
    Lol, they thought they were dealing with an emotional bum in front of whom they would throw a few emotional hissy fitty sob stories and Khan Saab would wilt. Little did they realize the man they were dealing with has dealt with all sorts of pressures and challenges in life. They got a harsh reality check

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    987
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have talent?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,423
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the domestic did change for good with the QeA trophy. We would only know in 5 years if this brings results.
    Now the issue should be the same old people who were in the set up 20 years ago, trying to be in position these days. Introduce 90s and 2000s cricketers into the set up (coaching, selection, administration, even chairman). School cricket should also return.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,636
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some odd wardrobe decisions by our cricketers when meeting the PM of the country!



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    428
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Some odd wardrobe decisions by our cricketers when meeting the PM of the country!

    Yea, noone has ever claimed our cricketers have the greatest sense of understanding the moment. Should've been wearing suits or shalwar kameez.

    Also, glad that IK stopped this nonsense of un-doing changes to domestic structure that these old-timers are clamoring for.

    Interesting new concept with the structure of the new media rights deal. I hope it works out for the best for PCB and the PTV Sports channel.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,636
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,255
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Hafeez seems to be very much in the scheme of things and in a position of power if the prime minister himself thinks he is one of those he needs to convince
    I was just thinking the same - must have been a real buzz in that room for these chaps to be in the presence of two heavyweights of world cricket in Imran Khan and Mohammed Hafeez.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,288
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez not even wearing a mask.

    Even covid will to the ruthlessness of modern day Bradman i.e MoHa 3.0 @freelance_cricketer

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol apparently the players argued with the PM that they now have suffered reduced earnings, a lot of players had lost their jobs and there were very few cricketers who are willing to take up the sport now. However the PM argued that these jobs in departments had bred complacency among players who started to take things for granted and this actually halted their cricketing aspirations after a while and therefore it was necessary to create stress, competition to keep players on their toes.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,636
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Hafeez not even wearing a mask.

    Even covid will to the ruthlessness of modern day Bradman i.e MoHa 3.0 @freelance_cricketer
    Bigger issue is that he could have infected the PM!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,523
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok Hafeez and Azhar are current players today they are in the team tomorrow they will be obscure ex players. What's worrying is shameless Misbah who is the coach and selector is also going and complaining about the new domestic system. Means he is against it and wants the return of the old system. Perhaps the oldies being side lined and younger players getting a chance may have something to do with it.



    If Misbah dislikes the new system then you can bet your bottom dollar that it is the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket in decades.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,680
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I’ve played cricket with this guy...

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Hafeez not even wearing a mask.

    Even covid will to the ruthlessness of modern day Bradman i.e MoHa 3.0 @freelance_cricketer
    Hafeez Immune system can handle all facets of viruses. Including COVID-19, 20, and 21.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,928
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bigger issue is that he could have infected the PM!
    Didn't he already get it and recover, which would mean he has some immunity now? Or was it confirmed false positive?


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    1,133
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look Imran Khan has the right idea , but I keep banging in about this but until we get merit we can have any system in the world! Won’t make a difference , we also badly need to introduce grass roots cricket

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,467
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ok Hafeez and Azhar are current players today they are in the team tomorrow they will be obscure ex players. What's worrying is shameless Misbah who is the coach and selector is also going and complaining about the new domestic system. Means he is against it and wants the return of the old system. Perhaps the oldies being side lined and younger players getting a chance may have something to do with it.



    If Misbah dislikes the new system then you can bet your bottom dollar that it is the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket in decades.
    Misbah needs to be removed along with Waqar.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    16,018
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bigger issue is that he could have infected the PM!
    I guess by now you know that masks do not help?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,866
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So if khans govt is gone tomorrow you can bet your house on that the old system will be back.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,636
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "PM feels that new domestic system brings talent to the fore so we should support it": Shahid Afridi

    Pakistan’s former all-rounder Shahid Afridi, while talking to media personnel on Thursday in Karachi, backed Prime Minister Imran Khan’s stance on the revamped domestic cricket structure while claiming that the new structure should be given time to develop.

    The 40-year-old rubbished claims that the new structure, which saw a shift from departmental to regional cricket, was leading to massive unemployment while stating that results can only be delivered down the line.

    “Any new system should be given a time of at least two to three years. We shall see the results going forward. Around 290 players are contracted and receive money currently from the PCB. They are now bringing back cricket associations which will employ around 100 former players. This will provide job opportunities for many former players. It is not like they are spreading unemployment,” said Afridi.

    “They have just removed players that could not be a part of the future or are over age. I think this system should be allowed to move on. If our Prime Minister Imran Khan believes it will bring talented individuals to the forefront than we should support it. Results cannot be gained in a very short span,” he added.

    The former star believed that an aggressive mindset and internal bravery trumped fitness in the international arena of cricket.

    “We put everything on fitness now. We have been very focused on that in recent times. International cricket is the domain of the lion-hearted rather than chicken-hearted players. Until you are brave from within and play attacking cricket with an aggressive mindset, you will not be able to compete against the big sides. Players should be surrounded by support staff that tells them that the best form of defense is to attack. If we see T20Is, in which we are really good, we rely on attacking the opposition which is our strength,” he said.

    Afridi also backed PCB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Wasim Khan and his efforts for the betterment of Pakistan cricket.

    “Wasim has come from outside and he is trying to put things on the right track. The expectations with Wasim Khan are really high. He knows the amount of responsibility he has. I think if he can deliver, he will be rewarded,” he concluded.

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...cket-structure


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,391
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see, Afridi himself made a video talking about domestic cricket at the National Stadium only last year

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,928
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    So if khans govt is gone tomorrow you can bet your house on that the old system will be back.
    Yes and all the money gone into it will be gone to waste

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,076
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all the cricketers who lost their jobs, first good luck, second this is a business first and a sport second, if you lost your job, simple awnser you were not good enough.

    Infact you were even lucky to be there because ur skill level was so low.

    Find another skill, or go back to school to pursue further education if your a drop out.

    If you were a drop out, its your own fault for putting all your eggs in one basket.

    Truth hurts but needs to be heard. Imran did the right thing to ignore these perspectiveless idiots who only care about their own retirement from international cricket.

    Fact is these guys wont be good enough to play in a highly competitive enviroment once retired, so they want to secure their bag.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan’s former all-rounder Shahid Afridi, while talking to media personnel on Thursday in Karachi, backed Prime Minister Imran Khan’s stance on the revamped domestic cricket structure while claiming that the new structure should be given time to develop.

    The 40-year-old rubbished claims that the new structure, which saw a shift from departmental to regional cricket, was leading to massive unemployment while stating that results can only be delivered down the line.

    “Any new system should be given a time of at least two to three years. We shall see the results going forward. Around 290 players are contracted and receive money currently from the PCB. They are now bringing back cricket associations which will employ around 100 former players. This will provide job opportunities for many former players. It is not like they are spreading unemployment,” said Afridi.

    “They have just removed players that could not be a part of the future or are over age. I think this system should be allowed to move on. If our Prime Minister Imran Khan believes it will bring talented individuals to the forefront than we should support it. Results cannot be gained in a very short span,” he added.

    The former star believed that an aggressive mindset and internal bravery trumped fitness in the international arena of cricket.

    “We put everything on fitness now. We have been very focused on that in recent times. International cricket is the domain of the lion-hearted rather than chicken-hearted players. Until you are brave from within and play attacking cricket with an aggressive mindset, you will not be able to compete against the big sides. Players should be surrounded by support staff that tells them that the best form of defense is to attack. If we see T20Is, in which we are really good, we rely on attacking the opposition which is our strength,” he said.

    Afridi also backed PCB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Wasim Khan and his efforts for the betterment of Pakistan cricket.

    “Wasim has come from outside and he is trying to put things on the right track. The expectations with Wasim Khan are really high. He knows the amount of responsibility he has. I think if he can deliver, he will be rewarded,” he concluded.

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...cket-structure
    Lol apparently the PCB and Afridi have been in discussions along with Shoaib Akhtar. It could either be regarding a prospective role in the PCB, Cricket Committee, High Performance Centre or ownership of a PSL Franchise. No Wonder Shoaib Akhtar has been praising Ehsan Mani and Wasim Khan in the last month on PTV Sports and now Afridi is doing the same.

    The story of Pakistan Cricket, offer some $$$ opportunity to the players and watch them sing favorable tunes for the PCB.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    13,516
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah, hafeez qnd azhar did their job. Their job was to convey the probpems being faced by domestic cricketers to the dictator which is our patron.

    Patron saab doesnt understand is that while he promotes competativeness many cricketers are going unemployed.

    Umar gul has stated he aint making enough money what he msde when departments were there.

    Departments pay good money with packages, match their pay scales atleast.

    Pcb should not be irked by this. If pcb are not gonna convey the queries of players to the dictator than who will?

    Anyways our dictator saab wont be changing his mind.

    Our only hope now is psl getting more money, onoy than could that money be redirected to first class cricketers pay cheque


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Misbah, hafeez qnd azhar did their job. Their job was to convey the probpems being faced by domestic cricketers to the dictator which is our patron.

    Patron saab doesnt understand is that while he promotes competativeness many cricketers are going unemployed.

    Umar gul has stated he aint making enough money what he msde when departments were there.

    Departments pay good money with packages, match their pay scales atleast.

    Pcb should not be irked by this. If pcb are not gonna convey the queries of players to the dictator than who will?

    Anyways our dictator saab wont be changing his mind.

    Our only hope now is psl getting more money, onoy than could that money be redirected to first class cricketers pay cheque
    Khan Saab counter argued with the players and stated that these cushy monthly salaries the players were getting from departments was the root cause of the problem because after a while it bread complacency, sense of entitlement and the players were happy to be in their comfort zones

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In what capacity was Hafeez there??

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,467
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Misbah, hafeez qnd azhar did their job. Their job was to convey the probpems being faced by domestic cricketers to the dictator which is our patron.

    Patron saab doesnt understand is that while he promotes competativeness many cricketers are going unemployed.

    Umar gul has stated he aint making enough money what he msde when departments were there.

    Departments pay good money with packages, match their pay scales atleast.

    Pcb should not be irked by this. If pcb are not gonna convey the queries of players to the dictator than who will?

    Anyways our dictator saab wont be changing his mind.

    Our only hope now is psl getting more money, onoy than could that money be redirected to first class cricketers pay cheque
    So anyone oppose the views of Misbah is dictator, uneducated, illiterate, unfit....? Misbah is not the messenger of GOD that he can never be wrong.
    What Misbah has achieved as a player or captain that you claimed he is more knowledgeable/smart than Imran Khan?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,467
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Khan Saab counter argued with the players and stated that these cushy monthly salaries the players were getting from departments was the root cause of the problem because after a while it bread complacency, sense of entitlement and the players were happy to be in their comfort zones
    No point to argue with him. This guy will even advocate for Misbah to be our next president in future.A super obsessed fan who thinks his idol is perfect and doesn't have any limitation/imperfection.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,668
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Misbah, hafeez qnd azhar did their job. Their job was to convey the probpems being faced by domestic cricketers to the dictator which is our patron.

    Patron saab doesnt understand is that while he promotes competativeness many cricketers are going unemployed.

    Umar gul has stated he aint making enough money what he msde when departments were there.

    Departments pay good money with packages, match their pay scales atleast.

    Pcb should not be irked by this. If pcb are not gonna convey the queries of players to the dictator than who will?

    Anyways our dictator saab wont be changing his mind.

    Our only hope now is psl getting more money, onoy than could that money be redirected to first class cricketers pay cheque
    How can mediocrity and shameless performers even begin to question the great Imran Khan especially on cricket, secondly; forget 'dictator saab' ( would be funny if he took you out) , didn't Einstein say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results....oldies hogging their spot and getting free bread for doing nothing has cost your country severely, now that you actually have to work for your earnings and there is a bit of positive competition / more of a chance for better and younger players to get a look ya"ll upset. Blokes like you and probably those who support the deparment narrative remind me of the fellas who escape from Pak to steal tax payer money in the UK, that's your ultimate fantasy sadly
    Last edited by shaz619; 18th September 2020 at 16:45.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,668
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    No point to argue with him. This guy will even advocate for Misbah to be our next president in future.A super obsessed fan who thinks his idol is perfect and doesn't have any limitation/imperfection.
    I use to have respect for Misbah but not anymore, I can't fathom how his die hard fans can defend him at this point

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    13,516
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    How can mediocrity and shameless performers even begin to question the great Imran Khan especially on cricket, secondly; forget 'dictator saab' ( would be funny if he took you out) , didn't Einstein say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results....oldies hogging their spot and getting free bread for doing nothing has cost your country severely, now that you actually have to work for your earnings and there is a bit of positive competition / more of a chance for better and younger players to get a look ya"ll upset. Blokes like you and probably those who support the deparment narrative remind me of the fellas who escape from Pak to steal tax payer money in the UK, that's your ultimate fantasy sadly
    Just because imran khan calls blue as white doesnt mean its white.

    Imran khan played crixket in 80s. Misbah, hageez and azhar are recent first class players. So its obvious who knows better of ground realities.

    The great imran khan once said play umar akmal in the top order to afridi. He did and failed.

    The guy hasnt stayed in touch in cricket, he just developed this opinion of making australia type domestic cricket in pakistan in 80s and is implementing it in 2020s in pakistan

    Oldies hogging spot? Trescothick hogged a spot in first class scenes in 2019. Domestic cricket will always have oldies, and youngsters.

    You cannot dump all the 32+ players if they are still performing.

    Many pakistani fans dont understand the concept that domestic cricket is professional cricket. You dont have to be international standard player to play domestic. Guys like kamran akmal thrive on domestic.

    Not everyone is gonna make it to international.

    They had to work for their earnings in the past aswell, now they have to work for little money


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,668
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Just because imran khan calls blue as white doesnt mean its white.

    Imran khan played crixket in 80s. Misbah, hageez and azhar are recent first class players. So its obvious who knows better of ground realities.

    The great imran khan once said play umar akmal in the top order to afridi. He did and failed.

    The guy hasnt stayed in touch in cricket, he just developed this opinion of making australia type domestic cricket in pakistan in 80s and is implementing it in 2020s in pakistan

    Oldies hogging spot? Trescothick hogged a spot in first class scenes in 2019. Domestic cricket will always have oldies, and youngsters.

    You cannot dump all the 32+ players if they are still performing.

    Many pakistani fans dont understand the concept that domestic cricket is professional cricket. You dont have to be international standard player to play domestic. Guys like kamran akmal thrive on domestic.

    Not everyone is gonna make it to international.

    They had to work for their earnings in the past aswell, now they have to work for little money
    Imran spearheaded the golden generation of cricket and has played some of the greatest domestic structures the world has ever seen, the country circuit of the UK and domestic cricket in Australia; won a World Cup and left Pakistan with some of its greatest cricketers ever. Misbah punched above his weight but has always been out of touch with modern demands which is why he failed in the limited forms, did just about par in Tests and left Pakistan in dire straits once he had left, Azhar Ali is a leg spinner who turned himself into a Batsman and Moha is 97 years old / the best A/R potentially for Pakistan at the moment, how sad is that but his majestic career of mediocrity speaks for itself. So am sorry, both should be falling at Imran Khan's feet and begging him for mercy; even more so after England humiliated them.

    Also, Cricket is not a charity; the goal should be to win the World Cup, Test Series away from home; England support many charities but have not created one through their own employment scheme. Trescothick retired early for well known reasons and had a long domestic career as a result it is true, his talent / skill is in the class of all time greats, he delivered at the international level / was proven and when he left to play FC cricket he remained a real pro and was consistent having been developed in a professional set up, he would never get picked into his late 30s for England side and there are far superior options. However, now that there is more competition for places in the Pakistan domestic set up there will be a noticeable improvement over cricketers who lack the heart, desire, skill, fitness and longevity to play international cricket; like you say not everyone is gonna make it to international and the the old system ensured quiet the opposite in that those who were not good enough broke through or unfortunately hogged their spot in the 1st XI at FC level.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Imran spearheaded the golden generation of cricket and has played some of the greatest domestic structures the world has ever seen, the country circuit of the UK and domestic cricket in Australia; won a World Cup and left Pakistan with some of its greatest cricketers ever. Misbah punched above his weight but has always been out of touch with modern demands which is why he failed in the limited forms, did just about par in Tests and left Pakistan in dire straits once he had left, Azhar Ali is a leg spinner who turned himself into a Batsman and Moha is 97 years old / the best A/R potentially for Pakistan at the moment, how sad is that but his majestic career of mediocrity speaks for itself. So am sorry, both should be falling at Imran Khan's feet and begging him for mercy; even more so after England humiliated them.

    Also, Cricket is not a charity; the goal should be to win the World Cup, Test Series away from home; England support many charities but have not created one through their own employment scheme. Trescothick retired early for well known reasons and had a long domestic career as a result it is true, his talent / skill is in the class of all time greats, he delivered at the international level / was proven and when he left to play FC cricket he remained a real pro and was consistent having been developed in a professional set up, he would never get picked into his late 30s for England side and there are far superior options. However, now that there is more competition for places in the Pakistan domestic set up there will be a noticeable improvement over cricketers who lack the heart, desire, skill, fitness and longevity to play international cricket; like you say not everyone is gonna make it to international and the the old system ensured quiet the opposite in that those who were not good enough broke through or unfortunately hogged their spot in the 1st XI at FC level.
    Apparently the ECB has an arrangement with the counties where they subsidize the wages, daily match fees and other expenses, perks or promising youngsters who can potentially play for England down the road but for older players like Trescothick the Counties have to pay for them themselves

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,467
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Just because imran khan calls blue as white doesnt mean its white.
    What if if Misbah say the same thing? Will it be like Gospel truth?
    Misbah also rated Shehzad, Umar Akmal, Imran Khan .. Highly and brought them straight away. How was their performance?
    We are not obsessed fans like you and don't care if under Misbah Pakistan does well. But the problem is we are doing worse. You cannot blame Micky for 3-0 defeat in T20 against SL D team.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    12,467
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^^^^
    Also we were lucky not to be defeated by England in test by 3-0. Big thanks to rain!!!! You cannot blame bad luck for first test defeat. Imagine if Australia had good luck (?) they could have won all the World Cups. PCB is not paying Misbah for his charisma or obsessed fans. Like other coaches he has to deliver. No excuse for that. Perform or quit. No personal love story or preference when it comes to the team.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Am reading that a lot of departmental cricketers who have been let go have been trying to reach out to the PML N and PPP and agreed to back them against PTI and IK. How many mafias exist in this country?

    So many unions in KE electric, steel mills, PIA who successfully go to the Supreme Court and get their termination orders reversed. These departments and departmental cricketers are no different

    The real reason why the likes of Iqbal Qasim, Hafeez, Misbah, Azhar Ali went to meet the PM is not because of their love and respect for their fellow departmental cricketers but out of concern of losing their own cushy departmental jobs

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    78,131
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Change is never taken well by all.

    Some will be happy at opportunities given to them, others unhappy at the fact that they will no longer have a cushy job.

    This is going to get uglier.



  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,928
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Am reading that a lot of departmental cricketers who have been let go have been trying to reach out to the PML N and PPP and agreed to back them against PTI and IK. How many mafias exist in this country?

    So many unions in KE electric, steel mills, PIA who successfully go to the Supreme Court and get their termination orders reversed. These departments and departmental cricketers are no different

    The real reason why the likes of Iqbal Qasim, Hafeez, Misbah, Azhar Ali went to meet the PM is not because of their love and respect for their fellow departmental cricketers but out of concern of losing their own cushy departmental jobs
    I dont normally follow politics but based on getting rid if department cricket I want ik to stay

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,107
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does the government still oversee PCB? I am forgetting but was IK against this system?

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,209
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Imran spearheaded the golden generation of cricket and has played some of the greatest domestic structures the world has ever seen, the country circuit of the UK and domestic cricket in Australia; won a World Cup and left Pakistan with some of its greatest cricketers ever. Misbah punched above his weight but has always been out of touch with modern demands which is why he failed in the limited forms, did just about par in Tests and left Pakistan in dire straits once he had left, Azhar Ali is a leg spinner who turned himself into a Batsman and Moha is 97 years old / the best A/R potentially for Pakistan at the moment, how sad is that but his majestic career of mediocrity speaks for itself. So am sorry, both should be falling at Imran Khan's feet and begging him for mercy; even more so after England humiliated them.

    Also, Cricket is not a charity; the goal should be to win the World Cup, Test Series away from home; England support many charities but have not created one through their own employment scheme. Trescothick retired early for well known reasons and had a long domestic career as a result it is true, his talent / skill is in the class of all time greats, he delivered at the international level / was proven and when he left to play FC cricket he remained a real pro and was consistent having been developed in a professional set up, he would never get picked into his late 30s for England side and there are far superior options. However, now that there is more competition for places in the Pakistan domestic set up there will be a noticeable improvement over cricketers who lack the heart, desire, skill, fitness and longevity to play international cricket; like you say not everyone is gonna make it to international and the the old system ensured quiet the opposite in that those who were not good enough broke through or unfortunately hogged their spot in the 1st XI at FC level.
    Good post but one could also argue that with Departmental cricket there was more chance of some honest scout putting in a talented person(without influence), with lesser teams the influence of selected few would be even more.

    Pakistan is still in South Asia, hasn't migrated to Australian continent that everyone has transformed their ego, corrupt characteristics etc.. just a counter point.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,387
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    In what capacity was Hafeez there??
    What i wanted to know. It looks like an intimate group of individuals. Captain and coach make perfect sense. But how and why did Hafeez get in there?

    It's like Arsene Wenger and Patrick Viera are meeting the Queen and you see Nigel Winterburn tagging along too. It's very odd.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,812
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    In what capacity was Hafeez there??
    As future chairman of PCB

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,668
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Good post but one could also argue that with Departmental cricket there was more chance of some honest scout putting in a talented person(without influence), with lesser teams the influence of selected few would be even more.

    Pakistan is still in South Asia, hasn't migrated to Australian continent that everyone has transformed their ego, corrupt characteristics etc.. just a counter point.
    The structure was too flawed, just go by the proportion of players 30+ in 1st teams of their top flight league finals and it just shows something wasn't right or those who came with a rep on the international circuit despite being inconsistent.

    True English and Australian characteristics are superior, this is a good step in my view to learn from them, I doubt Salman Butt will feature in another QEA final, the system will help filter out those who are corrupt and lack that ambition / desire / skill to play for their country


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    28,668
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Apparently the ECB has an arrangement with the counties where they subsidize the wages, daily match fees and other expenses, perks or promising youngsters who can potentially play for England down the road but for older players like Trescothick the Counties have to pay for them themselves
    For those who have a central contract they do that for sure and that includes guys in the incremental contract / expected to play regularly for England in the future, blokes like Tom Curran for example who hasn't featured enough until recently. This provides England the authority to manage their workload to. It is safe to say counties would accommodate these individuals.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    1,328
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest question may be some one like @Saj bhai is the best person to answer this, isn't SA potentially getting banned and Zimbabwe got banned In the past for government interference in cricket ?

    If PM of Pakistan (Let’s keep aside the fact that he is an ex- player and a legend of the game) is making decisions and running the cricket structure wouldn’t it fall under the same law of the ICC or is there something I am missing?

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,636
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,928
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Very good news

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,211
    Mentioned
    1198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This new system has unveiled more young talent in 2 years than the last 15 years of the old departmental system. Meanwhile mediocre oldies are gradually being filtered out.

    Seriously, did people give two hoots about WAPDA vs SSGC type matches ? I can understand some personal connection if you're directly employed by them, but otherwise it was farcical.

    Plus PCB's own figures showed in the last season of departmental cricket - from the 160 departmental players, 57 of them had played no more than 2 FC games. So there was a tiny elite of 100 cricketers enjoying all these supposed perks and privileges from departmental cricket.

    PCB now need to turn their attention to the grassroots - starting by installing administrators in the 6 CAs so these regions can run cricket in their area. From there, the cities and clubs can register with them. If we neglect the grassroots, all the other reforms will be wasted.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    17,642
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This new system has unveiled more young talent in 2 years than the last 15 years of the old departmental system. Meanwhile mediocre oldies are gradually being filtered out.

    Seriously, did people give two hoots about WAPDA vs SSGC type matches ? I can understand some personal connection if you're directly employed by them, but otherwise it was farcical.

    Plus PCB's own figures showed in the last season of departmental cricket - from the 160 departmental players, 57 of them had played no more than 2 FC games. So there was a tiny elite of 100 cricketers enjoying all these supposed perks and privileges from departmental cricket.

    PCB now need to turn their attention to the grassroots - starting by installing administrators in the 6 CAs so these regions can run cricket in their area. From there, the cities and clubs can register with them. If we neglect the grassroots, all the other reforms will be wasted.
    Well put. Hopefully grass root level will be streamlined soon.
    Last edited by Titan24; 14th October 2020 at 02:11.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,523
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This new system has unveiled more young talent in 2 years than the last 15 years of the old departmental system. Meanwhile mediocre oldies are gradually being filtered out.

    Seriously, did people give two hoots about WAPDA vs SSGC type matches ? I can understand some personal connection if you're directly employed by them, but otherwise it was farcical.

    Plus PCB's own figures showed in the last season of departmental cricket - from the 160 departmental players, 57 of them had played no more than 2 FC games. So there was a tiny elite of 100 cricketers enjoying all these supposed perks and privileges from departmental cricket.

    PCB now need to turn their attention to the grassroots - starting by installing administrators in the 6 CAs so these regions can run cricket in their area. From there, the cities and clubs can register with them. If we neglect the grassroots, all the other reforms will be wasted.
    Well said, kudos to Wasim Khan for introducing the new system. It is helping to identify fresh talent and also give them an opportunity to showcase their abilities.


    Also kudos to Wasim Khan for inducting Misbah at the helm. So that all this fresh talent dazzles on screen but then the oldies and Misbah's favorites are selected and people like Khushdil and Haider carry drink. Also kudos to Wasim Khan for having zero accountability for Misbah despite defeat after defeat.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,391
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This new system has unveiled more young talent in 2 years than the last 15 years of the old departmental system. Meanwhile mediocre oldies are gradually being filtered out.

    Seriously, did people give two hoots about WAPDA vs SSGC type matches ? I can understand some personal connection if you're directly employed by them, but otherwise it was farcical.

    Plus PCB's own figures showed in the last season of departmental cricket - from the 160 departmental players, 57 of them had played no more than 2 FC games. So there was a tiny elite of 100 cricketers enjoying all these supposed perks and privileges from departmental cricket.

    PCB now need to turn their attention to the grassroots - starting by installing administrators in the 6 CAs so these regions can run cricket in their area. From there, the cities and clubs can register with them. If we neglect the grassroots, all the other reforms will be wasted.
    Yup, fan interaction has exponetially increased, much more to be made from sponsors, as ultimately its the eyeballs which attract them in the first place.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,211
    Mentioned
    1198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well said, kudos to Wasim Khan for introducing the new system. It is helping to identify fresh talent and also give them an opportunity to showcase their abilities.


    Also kudos to Wasim Khan for inducting Misbah at the helm. So that all this fresh talent dazzles on screen but then the oldies and Misbah's favorites are selected and people like Khushdil and Haider carry drink. Also kudos to Wasim Khan for having zero accountability for Misbah despite defeat after defeat.
    Okay let's bring back Ijaz "I heard talk in bookie circles" Butt and Shehryar "why won't India play with us" Khan. They were hardly doing a bang up job.

    Misbah will be gone if these dismal results continue. But these domestic and NCA reforms will have a longer lasting impact than Misbah's coaching tenure

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ********'s and non performers will not survive for long in this new system. Everyone can watch all the players. Irfan, Billawal Bhatti were dropped midway during the tournament which shows coaches and captains are being pushed to make ruthless decisions because of the stress in the system.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    19,945
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We need to put much more on emphasis on fielding. It is awful, and I guarantee nothing is being done to improve it. This is where Saqlain has to get tough with the coaches and start holding them accountable. The fielding in the Birmingham and Lancashire leagues is much better than the rubbish we have seen. Incentivise good fielding and fining poor could be an option. The fielding is linked to the terrible levels of fitness of most of the players.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 14th October 2020 at 03:17.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    5,101
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This new system has unveiled more young talent in 2 years than the last 15 years of the old departmental system. Meanwhile mediocre oldies are gradually being filtered out.

    Seriously, did people give two hoots about WAPDA vs SSGC type matches ? I can understand some personal connection if you're directly employed by them, but otherwise it was farcical.

    Plus PCB's own figures showed in the last season of departmental cricket - from the 160 departmental players, 57 of them had played no more than 2 FC games. So there was a tiny elite of 100 cricketers enjoying all these supposed perks and privileges from departmental cricket.

    PCB now need to turn their attention to the grassroots - starting by installing administrators in the 6 CAs so these regions can run cricket in their area. From there, the cities and clubs can register with them. If we neglect the grassroots, all the other reforms will be wasted.
    Good analysis.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,928
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    We need to put much more on emphasis on fielding. It is awful, and I guarantee nothing is being done to improve it. This is where Saqlain has to get tough with the coaches and start holding them accountable. The fielding in the Birmingham and Lancashire leagues is much better than the rubbish we have seen. Incentivise good fielding and fining poor could be an option. The fielding is linked to the terrible levels of fitness of most of the players.
    I heard something on one of the games that they introducing points based system for fielding dropped catches run outs and so on but not sure if it's based on each individual or as a team.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    19,945
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I heard something on one of the games that they introducing points based system for fielding dropped catches run outs and so on but not sure if it's based on each individual or as a team.
    The incentives and fines should be for coaches and players. The fielding is so bad that players will soon high 5 each other for basic skills. It is truly awful

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,928
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The incentives and fines should be for coaches and players. The fielding is so bad that players will soon high 5 each other for basic skills. It is truly awful
    Yes definitely agree with you incentives for both and coaches.maybe after each game the winning team can get
    7000 and fielder of the game can get another 2000 and yes it's been really poor it's not like the coaches were hard 70 percent must have been basic catching or fielding

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    5,902
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    660
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised if Imran Khan comes out with a big statement against some of these current players to put them in their place. Wasim Khan (?) said it best; The PCB isn't a charity that is handing out jobs to individuals. It hasn't even been 2-3 years of the new domestic system and people are already complaining, sad to see old geese complaining about the nurturing of new goose

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    36,235
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    It may be lost on Hafeez that a bankrupt country has to set its priorities in terms of spending. The PCB is already doing whatever it can with the new domestic structure


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •