Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[REPORT] PCB unhappy with Misbah-ul-Haq and Azhar Ali for meeting with PM Imran Khan

Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued show-cause notices to head coach-cum-chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq and Test skipper Azhar Ali for meeting Prime Minister Imran Khan without their consent.

According to the details, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah, Azhar, and Wasim Akram accompanied PCB’s chairman Ehsan Mani and CEO Wasim Khan in meeting with PM Khan on Wednesday.

The cricketers held talks with PM Khan in which they insisted the cricketer-turned-politician reconsider the decision to close departmental cricket. PCB didn’t like cricketers talking about the resumption of departmental cricket and issued show-cause notices to Azhar (centrally contracted player) and Misbah (Contracted coach). Hafeez, who organized the meeting according to reports, was safe as he is not a contracted player.

It must be noted here that PM Khan wasn’t convinced with the idea to revive departmental cricket for the sake of players and officials who lost their jobs following this decision. “I tried to explain Misbah, Hafeez, and Azhar that when there is competitiveness, best players emerge from that system. Australia is the most successful team in the world cricket and produces the best cricketers just because of the system,” PM Khan shared while talking to a broadcast deal ceremony between PCB and PTV.

https://arysports.tv/pcb-issues-show...-misbah-azhar/
    Last edited by The Viper; 17th September 2020 at 06:29.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Source ary sports.

So ehsan mani not happy that misbah discussed a topic with his boss.

Ehsan mani really bows to imran

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Undemocratic nature of the country has spilled on our institutions.

Misbah and co should be allowed to discuss these things with the patron in chief. If they are not allowed to discuss with the decision maker than are they suppose to discuss in media?

Ehsan mani and waseem khan might be scared that this was a complain to pm by misbah and azhar, so they had to fear for their jobs maybe

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    According to the details, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah, Azhar, and Wasim Akram accompanied PCB’s chairman Ehsan Mani and CEO Wasim Khan in meeting with PM Khan on Wednesday.

The cricketers held talks with PM Khan in which they insisted the cricketer-turned-politician reconsider the decision to close departmental cricket. PCB didn’t like cricketers talking about the resumption of departmental cricket and issued show-cause notices to Azhar (centrally contracted player) and Misbah (Contracted coach). Hafeez, who organized the meeting according to reports, was safe as he is not a contracted player.

It must be noted here that PM Khan wasn’t convinced with the idea to revive departmental cricket for the sake of players and officials who lost their jobs following this decision. “I tried to explain Misbah, Hafeez, and Azhar that when there is competitiveness, best players emerge from that system. Australia is the most successful team in the world cricket and produces the best cricketers just because of the system,” PM Khan shared while talking to a broadcast deal ceremony between PCB and PTV.
    Hafeez playing 3D chess first, he organized the meeting to get Misbah and Azhar into PCB’s bad books, then walked away without issue since he has no central contract. Part of the secret conspiracy to spice up Pakistan cricket again. What a legend

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good from PCB.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  wait-what-fa5b5f.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  147.3 KB

This is satire or I think they have a deal with news channels that they'll provide them with wacky, juicy news

I mean why would they do that

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rules are rules. Misbah and Azhar have a Central Contract with the PCB so there must be some clauses

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why even let them in the meeting if you don't want their point of view?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Why even let them in the meeting if you don't want their point of view?
    Lol, so the PCB allowed them to meet the PM but had no idea on what they were going to discuss? I don't mind if this means Misbah is going to get axed

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket returning to form.

Looking forward to one of them receiving a "life ban" of 2 T20s.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Height of incompetency if Ehsan Mani Wasim Khan didn't clarify with the players before the meeting what they were going to discuss with the PM. However I suspect perhaps the players told the PCB one thing but caught the PCB by surprise in the meeting

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very strange if its true....

It was all over the newspapers since yesterday that Hafeez/Misbah would try to convince Imran Khan to bring back departmental cricket in today's meeting.

In fact Hafeez even gave a statement that he would discuss the condition of jobless cricketers with Imran Khan.

Did Ehsan Mani not know what they were going to discuss in the meeting..

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Strange turn of events.. actually people on PP were already discussing how this IK meeting would be about departments, I think. How were the PCB caught unaware? Also, is it really necessary to issue a show cause notice for people honestly advocating for others’ jobs? Actually, I think I know what the real problem is. Here is my guess:

1. Wasim Khan, as per his initial plans pre-Covid, wanted departments to sponsor the cricket associations. He seemed to be winning this battle off the back of a successful PSL and domestic season.

2. COVID happens. Departments back out. They see that PCB can’t even get city cricket started and badly need department money to invest in domestic cricket.

3. Pressure increasing on PCB as no city cricket, no department cricket. Former cricketers in dire straits, grass roots cricket non-existent. Society clamouring for a solution. People turning to departments again. Wasim Khan and the PCB Are under pressure and are struggling to get the departments to sponsor cricket associations. As a result PCB has reacted rashly to simple statements by Misbah and Azhar Ali, as they advocate for their fellow cricketers. PCB’s reaction speaks volumes about how they feel they are in danger of losing the fight to departments. Of course, this doesn’t mean department cricket could return to replace the new structure, but it does mean that departments are pushing back against the PCB, and I suspect it has to do with funding the cricket associations. Things are not fully in their control on this crucial point anymore.
    Last edited by FreePalestine; 17th September 2020 at 04:28.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Hafeez should be need some coaching how to dress up when you go to meet PM.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When will they be shown the door?

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Hafeez should be thanking God every second to be put in the positions they are in, not attending meetings and complaining to the PM.

Misbah, you're the chief selector - go find some talent in domestic, interview players, watch old game tapes. Such a leech

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although this whole show cause notice is very bizarre, both sides have a point on the actual issue.

Misbah and Co are showing concern for all those departmental cricketers and coaches who have lost their jobs through the system change. I get that the PCB doesn't owe anyone a living BUT before dismissing the point in this way, put yourself in the position of these poor cricketers who were paid hardly anything to start with and suddenly, they are told their entire profession has disappeared. In a country like Pakistan without a welfare state, these poor guys will be struggling now to feed their families and put a roof over their heads. Somone has to help them and for Misbah and co to show concern here is to be commended.

I also get IK's point that as with any successful business, you have to be cut throat and you must prioritise the bottom line. Fine the bottom line here isn't necessarily profit but becoming a better cricketing nation is. IK has banged on for years about how the system in Australia produces highly competitive cricket and therefore excellent cricketers, so it's no surprise that he is trying to implement his vision now. IK is doing what he considers is the best for Pakistani cricket.

In my view, there is a solution here. All the PCB needs to do is pay the wages of everyone made redundant until such time as they find alternative employment. If the PCB can't afford to do that, IK has to step in and provide government money because at the end of the day, the PCB are implementing his vision.

It is not the fault of poor departmental cricketers that they have been made redundant. They must however be looked after and that surely is what Misbah and Co want.
    Last edited by Usman; 17th September 2020 at 06:04.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    Strange turn of events.. actually people on PP were already discussing how this IK meeting would be about departments, I think. How were the PCB caught unaware? Also, is it really necessary to issue a show cause notice for people honestly advocating for others’ jobs? Actually, I think I know what the real problem is. Here is my guess:

1. Wasim Khan, as per his initial plans pre-Covid, wanted departments to sponsor the cricket associations. He seemed to be winning this battle off the back of a successful PSL and domestic season.

2. COVID happens. Departments back out. They see that PCB can’t even get city cricket started and badly need department money to invest in domestic cricket.

3. Pressure increasing on PCB as no city cricket, no department cricket. Former cricketers in dire straits, grass roots cricket non-existent. Society clamouring for a solution. People turning to departments again. Wasim Khan and the PCB Are under pressure and are struggling to get the departments to sponsor cricket associations. As a result PCB has reacted rashly to simple statements by Misbah and Azhar Ali, as they advocate for their fellow cricketers. PCB’s reaction speaks volumes about how they feel they are in danger of losing the fight to departments. Of course, this doesn’t mean department cricket could return to replace the new structure, but it does mean that departments are pushing back against the PCB, and I suspect it has to do with funding the cricket associations. Things are not fully in their control on this crucial point anymore.
    As long as the PCB has the patron IK's support they should be fine, his involvement made the PCB PTV deal possible. If anyone can get regional and city cricket going in Pakistan, it is him. Anyone else would have wilted to the pressure put by the departments by now.

These ex test players like Iqbal Qasim, Umar Gul and co quoting the hardships faced by others are deep down concerned for their own jobs

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They deserve show cause notices for their captaincy and coaching

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This is absolutely hilarious.

Misbah and Azhar are clearly both unsuitable for their jobs, and got them because reportedly Imran trusted Misbah to be a safe pair of hands. Don't even get me started on a 40+ year old man like Hafeez blocking the development of younger batsmen.

I've been following Pakistan cricket since 1977. Imran Khan has been absolutely consistent throughout that time in his OPPOSITION to departmental cricket and his wish for precisely what there is now - a region-based 5 or 6 team domestic First Class structure.

I can't speak or read Urdu, but I can speak and read cricket, and I know this.

Hafeez, Misbah and Azhar must be spectacularly disconnected from reality if they don't know this.

If indeed Misbah owed his dual roles to patronage by Imran Khan, and Azhar and Hafeez owed theirs to patronage by Misbah, the three of them could be in a for a very nasty shock now.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Although this whole show cause notice is very bizarre, both sides have a point on the actual issue.

Misbah and Co are showing concern for all those departmental cricketers and coaches who have lost their jobs through the system change. I get that the PCB doesn't owe anyone a living BUT before dismissing the point in this way, put yourself in the position of these poor cricketers who were paid hardly anything to start with and suddenly, they are told their entire profession has disappeared. In a country like Pakistan without a welfare state, these poor guys will be struggling now to feed their families and put a roof over their heads. Somone has to help them and for Misbah and co to show concern here is to be commended.

I also get IK's point that as with any successful business, you have to be cut throat and you must prioritise the bottom line. Fine the bottom line here isn't necessarily profit but becoming a better cricketing nation is. IK has banged on for years about how the system in Australia produces highly competitive cricket and therefore excellent cricketers, so it's no surprise that he is trying to implement his vision now. IK is doing what he considers is the best for Pakistani cricket.

In my view, there is a solution here. All the PCB needs to do is pay the wages of everyone made redundant until such time as they find alternative employment. If the PCB can't afford to do that, IK has to step in and provide government money because at the end of the day, the PCB are implementing his vision.

It is not the fault of poor departmental cricketers that they have been made redundant. They must however be looked after and that surely is what Misbah and Co want.
    Surely the PCB with $60 million plus per year for the next 3 years can accommodate these players, officials in some capacity

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Part of the irony of the whole situation is that Imran Khan provided patronage for Misbah because he is largely disconnected from modern cricket, but in fact everything about Misbah is the opposite of how Imran practiced when he led the team.

Imran was effectively coach, captain and selector rolled into one, in the days before Head Coach was a real position.

People recognize that Imran selected 1 or 2 kids in every series, and it's true. But the main thing that he did was eliminate players in their thirties, from his cousin Majid Khan to Mohsin Khan to Qasim Omar to Mudassar Nazar, and on and on. Iqbal Qasim couldn't get a look-in even though he was vastly better than Zulfiqar Babar or Kashif Bhatti.

Misbah has tried to dazzle his master (Imran) by picking kids - Shaheen and Naseem and Musa Khan.

But that's not how Imran Khan actually did it. When Aaqib and Waqar were (officially) teenagers, Imran picked them together in a Test just once - and never again.

And, above all, Imran had as his top priority in Tests from 1986 onwards the task of shortening the tail.

He picked Ijaz Fakih as his fourth bowler in the West Indies more on the basis of his batting than his bowling - and having Ijaz Fakih at 9, Wasim Akram at 10 and Abdul Qadir at 11 saved the Second Test.

Misbah is actually the opposite of Imran Khan, but seems to have benefitted from the patronage of a distracted man.

Hopefully this ill-conceived audience will have shown Imran that Misbah is not capable of being the custodian of his legacy.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In normal corporate structure you can always go to your N+1(Imran in this case/) to voice your concerns, by passing your N( Waseem and Mani).
    Not sure what is the legal basis for such notice ?

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Part of the irony of the whole situation is that Imran Khan provided patronage for Misbah because he is largely disconnected from modern cricket, but in fact everything about Misbah is the opposite of how Imran practiced when he led the team.

Imran was effectively coach, captain and selector rolled into one, in the days before Head Coach was a real position.

People recognize that Imran selected 1 or 2 kids in every series, and it's true. But the main thing that he did was eliminate players in their thirties, from his cousin Majid Khan to Mohsin Khan to Qasim Omar to Mudassar Nazar, and on and on. Iqbal Qasim couldn't get a look-in even though he was vastly better than Zulfiqar Babar or Kashif Bhatti.

Misbah has tried to dazzle his master (Imran) by picking kids - Shaheen and Naseem and Musa Khan.

But that's not how Imran Khan actually did it. When Aaqib and Waqar were (officially) teenagers, Imran picked them together in a Test just once - and never again.

And, above all, Imran had as his top priority in Tests from 1986 onwards the task of shortening the tail.

He picked Ijaz Fakih as his fourth bowler in the West Indies more on the basis of his batting than his bowling - and having Ijaz Fakih at 9, Wasim Akram at 10 and Abdul Qadir at 11 saved the Second Test.

Misbah is actually the opposite of Imran Khan, but seems to have benefitted from the patronage of a distracted man.

Hopefully this ill-conceived audience will have shown Imran that Misbah is not capable of being the custodian of his legacy.
    problem is not players of age over 30.. problem is no talent in those players. A Batsman best years are between age 28 to 34.
    Bowlers i agree is between 26 to 32.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wait, how could they meet with him without their consent if they accompanied them?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    In normal corporate structure you can always go to your N+1(Imran in this case/) to voice your concerns, by passing your N( Waseem and Mani).
    Not sure what is the legal basis for such notice ?
    This is not corporate culture. You should go to N+1 only when N hasn't taken action on your concerns.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The only explanation is that the players may have lied to the Chairman and CEO about what they were going to discuss with the PM.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    This is not corporate culture. You should go to N+1 only when N hasn't taken action on your concerns.
    That’s obvious Sherlock 🕵️*♂️
    But you can always talk to your n+1..

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So Hafeez organised the meeting
    Bahut pahuncha hua banda hai.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez isn't called the professor for nothing

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    That’s obvious Sherlock ��️*♂️
    But you can always talk to your n+1..
    They did more than talking.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Master stroke from Hafeez to get Misbah and Azhar in trouble. What a genius.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Rules are rules. Misbah and Azhar have a Central Contract with the PCB so there must be some clauses
    Inability of some to understand the idea of chain of command is a little worrying.

In no organisation in the world can you bypass your boss.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Inability of some to understand the idea of chain of command is a little worrying.

Yes but what i don't understand is that how did the likes of Misbah, Hafeez, Azhar reach the PM office at the same time as Ehsan Mani, WK and WA. Surely everyone knew that all of them would attend and if that is the case then the PCB knew what the players were going to talk to the PM about unless the players misled the PCB about what they wanted to discuss with the PM and what they ended up discussing.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undemocratic nature of the country has spilled on our institutions.

Misbah and co should be allowed to discuss these things with the patron in chief. If they are not allowed to discuss with the decision maker than are they suppose to discuss in media?
    Are you for real?

Misbah is NOT a “national cricket policy maker” by any stretch of imagination, in his current role. This job is for someone else to do, for goodness sake.

Misbah should focus and worry about the job and responsibilities he was sworn in to take, at a cost of $300,000 a year.

Currently most of Pakistan is doing a “Thoo Thoo” on him based on his performance in current roles.
    He should reconsider his priorities here.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Chain of command"!

What is this, a military?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Yes but what i don't understand is that how did the likes of Misbah, Hafeez, Azhar reach the PM office at the same time as Ehsan Mani, WK and WA. Surely everyone knew that all of them would attend and if that is the case then the PCB knew what the players were going to talk to the PM about unless the players misled the PCB about what they wanted to discuss with the PM and what they ended up discussing.
    Exactly!

I suspect that Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani want rid of Misbah and Azhar, but were stuck with Misbah and his on-field proxy Azhar because Misbah had patronage from Imran Khan.

But there is no quicker way to lose the support of Imran Khan than to oppose his signature Cricket policy - the abolition of departments and reduction of the QEA to 5 or 6 teams.

They have allowed Misbah and Azhar to ambush themselves!

Very clever but extremely ruthless by Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    "Chain of command"!

What is this, a military?
    This is the world of global organisations, try do that at work and let me know.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What......I mean Mani and Ceo Wasim was there too.......still showcause

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Exactly!

I suspect that Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani want rid of Misbah and Azhar, but were stuck with Misbah and his on-field proxy Azhar because Misbah had patronage from Imran Khan.

But there is no quicker way to lose the support of Imran Khan than to oppose his signature Cricket policy - the abolition of departments and reduction of the QEA to 5 or 6 teams.

They have allowed Misbah and Azhar to ambush themselves!

Very clever but extremely ruthless by Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani.
    Indeed, there is no smoke without fire. Mickey Arthur has stated many times he was assured of a 2 year extension by the PCB Cricket Committee and was shocked when they went back on their word. There were many news articles that IK demanded the PCB to move on from Arthur and had requested Misbah to be appointed as coach. I don't think Misbah was a popular PCB choice but they had no choice but to obey the wishes of the PM.

Lol, perfect way to create the conditions to get rid of him. Again Ehsan Mani confirmed in an interview to an Indian newspaper about not being satisfied with Misbah's performance as head coach, chief selector and Wasim Khan himself witnessed how Misbah was going about his business and he was not happy with Misbah's selections. As it is we are hearing about Misbah being unhappy that the PCB bypassed him when appointing the coaches at the high performance centre and the regional teams but this also means that the PCB is now no longer considering Misbah as the absolute holy grail in Pakistan Cricket and no longer consider it necessary to run things by him. They have also taken away his privilege of coaching Islamabad United in the next PSL and there were talks about taking away the Chief Selector role from him.

If your theory is true then a brilliant master stroke by Ehsan Mani and Wasim Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The only explanation is that the players may have lied to the Chairman and CEO about what they were going to discuss with the PM.
    Or maybe Imran didn't like them questioning him on this topic and asked Wasim to take action. Thats also a possibility

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the world of global organisations, try do that at work and let me know.
    My business may be local but plenty of labour comes to me with complaints before approaching the supervisor. They don't get fired.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    We have asked PCB CE Wasim Khan and he has clarified that no show cause has been issued.

Although reports indicate that PCB may be irked by this meeting and would like Misbah-ul-Haq and Azhar Ali to explain why they decided to meet PM and question PCB decisions
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th September 2020 at 13:08.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As per our sources no show cause has been issued.

Although reports indicate that PCB may be irked by this meeting and would like Misbah-ul-Haq and Azhar Ali to explain why they decided to meet PM and question PCB decisions
    Do the people in the PCB and officials and players even talk to each other? Misbah and Hafeez have spoken in favor of departmental cricket many times in the media so why did the PCB not demand an explanation from them before? Did the PCB know these players planned to meet the PM with them? If yes, how could they have not known what the players planned to discuss with the PM?

This episode is embarrassing for all parties

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do the people in the PCB and officials and players even talk to each other? Misbah and Hafeez have spoken in favor of departmental cricket many times in the media so why did the PCB not demand an explanation from them before? Did the PCB know these players planned to meet the PM with them? If yes, how could they have not known what the players planned to discuss with the PM?

This episode is embarrassing for all parties
    There was no show cause. The episode didn’t happen. So what is embarrassing?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has to be some professionalism in these situations - changes to domestic cricket might have been pushed by Imran but they have been agreed with PCB who are implementing these changes. While you can understand former players like Miandad expressing their opinion about it and criticising both PCB and the PM , but if you are an employee of the PCB like Misbah, Azhar and Hafeez (whatever the contract situation, he represented the Pakistan team on a foreign tour only a couple of weeks ago and has already breached protocol on Covid incidentally) , then you should be sharing your concerns and opinions about these changes to your bosses — not bypassing them and going direct to those who are superiors to your bosses and privately trying to convince PM Imran Khan to change his mind about department cricket.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion and disagreeing with your employers but there’s forums where you should be raising it and there’s times and places where you shouldn’t.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a picture of Misbah holding his head in the IK meeting?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some of our players/former players have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome inregards to departmental cricket. They just can't let go of it. I'm not disputing the benefits that system brought in regards to financially-incentivising players. But let's not act like it was not a terrible system that was damaging our cricket. There was a massive gulf between regions and departments, there were too many teams, the pitches were simply not fit for cricket and the quality of cricket was horrible.

At the end of the day there should be a realization that this new model will benefit Pakistan cricket in the long term. I think it could use some tweaks like adding one or two more teams to allow a greater talent pool and try a little harder to court departments into sponsoring regional teams, but with robust financial investment this model definitely has the potential to change Pakistan's domestic cricket. Ofcourse a caveat is that a number of factors stay inplace aswell such as quality of pitches, merit-based selection, management of the system itself etc. etc. But PCB should not give up on it and turn their intention to making it stronger, improving it as much as possible, along the way.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 17th September 2020 at 14:29.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As long as the PCB has the patron IK's support they should be fine, his involvement made the PCB PTV deal possible. If anyone can get regional and city cricket going in Pakistan, it is him. Anyone else would have wilted to the pressure put by the departments by now.

These ex test players like Iqbal Qasim, Umar Gul and co quoting the hardships faced by others are deep down concerned for their own jobs
    Hard to say what is going on there. I am happy about the PTV deal and definitely want to keep the 6 CA structure. But ideally I would want departments to sponsor the regions and invest into domestic cricket.

1. I am really worried about lack of city and regional cricket at the moment. It is doing damage to our future, which is hard to see at the moment.

(On the other hand)

2. I am hopeful that the money from PTV will shift the balance of power back to the PCB in the battle with departments, as perhaps PCB will not be as desperate for cash for a little while and can negotiate from a position of strength to get departments to invest in new domestic structure.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely the PCB with $60 million plus per year for the next 3 years can accommodate these players, officials in some capacity
    Exactly! The PCB makes enough money to help these guys out. It is the PCB enforcing these changes and so none of this is the fault of the poor departmental cricketers. They should be given enough financial support to ensure that all them can survive comfortably until they get new jobs.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imran Khan and Misbah are from the same tribe and have the same ancestral hometown, in fact they're distantly related according to Misbah. I've always seen Imran Khan speak highly of Misbah so I think their might be a bias in favor of Misbah.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Imran Khan and Misbah are from the same tribe and have the same ancestral hometown, in fact they're distantly related according to Misbah. I've always seen Imran Khan speak highly of Misbah so I think their might be a bias in favor of Misbah.
    Might also be something to do with Misbah being modest, well educated. I’ve always noticed Imran is biased and has favouritism towards those who are better educated and modest as opposed to those who are closer to the opposite on these qualities , is that necessarily a bad thing ?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Might also be something to do with Misbah being modest, well educated. I’ve always noticed Imran is biased and has favouritism towards those who are better educated and modest as opposed to those who are closer to the opposite on these qualities , is that necessarily a bad thing ?
    Yeah it's not a bad thing, I'm saying the other factors were like bonus points.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Look at the people holding ministries in his government and then think about what you said.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Exactly! The PCB makes enough money to help these guys out. It is the PCB enforcing these changes and so none of this is the fault of the poor departmental cricketers. They should be given enough financial support to ensure that all them can survive comfortably until they get new jobs.
    It is right that you are concerned for the departmental cricketers. But I think I would rather have that 60M invested in our new domestic structure, which is currently lacking any city or regional cricket... a lot of work to be done there. To give pay offs to unemployed cricketers would not help Pakistan cricket in any way, even though it is right to feel sorry for departmental cricketers who are out of jobs now.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Look at the people holding ministries in his government and then think about what you said.
    He can only select people from the available ‘talent’ pool even in politics , and sometimes you end up with mediocrity just like we have in the cricket team.

However if you do a comparison with those representing the rival parties , even ask someone neutral like an Indian Punjabi to watch the political chat shows and they will tell you also which party has the most arrogant, rude and illiterate chaps representing them - and you know as well as I do , that is not Imran’s party.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I totally agree - but that is my point.

Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani both know that Imran Khan's lazy patronage of Misbah has damaged the Pakistan team by replacing players at their peak with geriatrics and kids.

The true story here is not a Show Cause notice. The real story is that Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani used the stupidity of Mohammad Hafeez and the ignorance of Misbah-ul-Haq to destroy Imran Khan's opinion of themselves by letting them hang themselves on a gallows marked "Departmental Cricket".

The only way to get rid of Misbah is to turn Imran Khan against him. Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani have set up Hafeez, Misbah and Azhar to alienate him.

It's a masterstroke.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I totally agree - but that is my point.

Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani both know that Imran Khan's lazy patronage of Misbah has damaged the Pakistan team by replacing players at their peak with geriatrics and kids.

The true story here is not a Show Cause notice. The real story is that Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani used the stupidity of Mohammad Hafeez and the ignorance of Misbah-ul-Haq to destroy Imran Khan's opinion of themselves by letting them hang themselves on a gallows marked "Departmental Cricket".

The only way to get rid of Misbah is to turn Imran Khan against him. Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani have set up Hafeez, Misbah and Azhar to alienate him.

It's a masterstroke.
    You are dramatically overstating the intelligence of Wasim and Mani. None of what you said is remotely true, but it is a great fictional story nonetheless.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The irony is Misbah, Hafeez and Azhar are the poster boys of why our domestic cricket needed revamping in the first place.

They've overseen an era of mediocrity.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Misbah, Azhar & MoHa should be punished harshly regardless of who is contracted and who is not. And, that has nothing to do with the topic of existence of department cricket or not. In Bengali, it’s called “Ghora dingingie gash khawaa” .... loose translation is to eat grass over the shoulders of your horse.

It’s a question of chain of command & protocol - an official visit to PM office is not your weekly tea party, even if that PM is your dad or elder brother. These three thought too big of themselves and tried to be hero - something needs to be dealt with immediately, otherwise this disease in infectious..... we will see too many leaders with strong opinions in the PCT itself.

@Junaids - you are overestimating WK/Mani and underestimating Misbah/Azhar and definitely Hafeez. MoHa has survived 20 years in PAK cricket with his triple facet of talent for a reason and he probably can keep even Imran Khan in pocket when it comes to politics .... WK is almost a child in that regard. While you are writing epics after epics against Misbah since 1947 ...... and the guy is occupying the most important seats in PAK cricket for a decade now under three political Govt and 4-5 PCB chairmen!!!!!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Misbah, Azhar & MoHa should be punished harshly regardless of who is contracted and who is not. And, that has nothing to do with the topic of existence of department cricket or not. In Bengali, it’s called “Ghora dingingie gash khawaa” .... loose translation is to eat grass over the shoulders of your horse.

It’s a question of chain of command & protocol - an official visit to PM office is not your weekly tea party, even if that PM is your dad or elder brother. These three thought too big of themselves and tried to be hero - something needs to be dealt with immediately, otherwise this disease in infectious..... we will see too many leaders with strong opinions in the PCT itself.

@Junaids - you are overestimating WK/Mani and underestimating Misbah/Azhar and definitely Hafeez. MoHa has survived 20 years in PAK cricket with his triple facet of talent for a reason and he probably can keep even Imran Khan in pocket when it comes to politics .... WK is almost a child in that regard. While you are writing epics after epics against Misbah since 1947 ...... and the guy is occupying the most important seats in PAK cricket for a decade now under three political Govt and 4-5 PCB chairmen!!!!!
    Great post , and you are spot on there are one or two politicians out there in the disguise of cricketers, who know how to pull the right strings and play chess (or 3D chess , as someone mentioned earlier) where and when it suits to keep themselves “in the game”.

On another note , talking of education in my earlier post - interestingly there were three MBAs involved with Pakistan cricket in the room there with Imran Khan yesterday - Misbah and Wasim Khan (MBA from Warwick Uni if I’m not mistaken) we all know but don’t forget the third MBA in their presence.
    In his case MBA stands for Mediocre Bowling Attack specialist, and not to forget his world first FTB qualification as a batsman with Distinction. He’s clearly rated very highly in Pakistan cricket circles.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 17th September 2020 at 19:10.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Misbah took Pakistan to the no.1 ranking in Tests and also beat the West Indies at home in a Test Series, Imran Khan failed to do both though Junaids

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Apparently there is more. The PM told Misbah to focus on his job and not worry about these things as he already has enough on his plate. The PM was also extremely unhappy with Azhar Ali's captaincy and lack of leadership skills and has given his nod to get him replaced.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there is more. The PM told Misbah to focus on his job and not worry about these things as he already has enough on his plate. The PM was also extremely unhappy with Azhar Ali's captaincy and lack of leadership skills and has given his nod to get him replaced.
    Hes reports state azhar may get the sack

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly what I posted in post # 35

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK bring down the hammer!

Glad he is watching cricket again.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    All three were given the worst seats in the house for a minimum.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    All three were given the worst seats in the house for a minimum. Look at Hafeez, desperately trying to hide his guilty consciousnesses and acting as if, he has got nothing to do with it.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued show-cause notices to head coach-cum-chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq and Test skipper Azhar Ali for meeting Prime Minister Imran Khan without their consent.

https://arysports.tv/pcb-issues-show...-misbah-azhar/
    LoL, Misbah should at least know better. Imran Khan hates Departmental cricket and has been calling for it's end since the late 80s. There is no way he will go back to departmental cricket as long as he is in power. Misbah has endangered his position as the head coach because of this.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    LoL, Misbah should at least know better. Imran Khan hates Departmental cricket and has been calling for it's end since the late 80s. There is no way he will go back to departmental cricket as long as he is in power. Misbah has endangered his position as the head coach because of this.
    Bhai. If you have an issue with something, you either go discuss the issue directly with the concern party or do backbiting.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Are you for real?

Misbah is NOT a “national cricket policy maker” by any stretch of imagination, in his current role. This job is for someone else to do, for goodness sake.

Misbah should focus and worry about the job and responsibilities he was sworn in to take, at a cost of $300,000 a year.

Currently most of Pakistan is doing a “Thoo Thoo” on him based on his performance in current roles.
    He should reconsider his priorities here.
    You know what the funny thing is. Misbah is getting paid $300,000 a year from the PCB for the Head Coach and CS role, he already gets another hefty paycheque from Islamabad United for being their Head Coach, i am assuming that will be equivalent to what Wasim Akram gets paid i.e. $300,000. Apparently Misbah is also employed by Sui Gas Limited where his monthly salary along with perks, benefits are approximately Rs 1,000,000 a month.

How much shameless leaching does one get away with?

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what the funny thing is. Misbah is getting paid $300,000 a year from the PCB for the Head Coach and CS role, he already gets another hefty paycheque from Islamabad United for being their Head Coach, i am assuming that will be equivalent to what Wasim Akram gets paid i.e. $300,000. Apparently Misbah is also employed by Sui Gas Limited where his monthly salary along with perks, benefits are approximately Rs 1,000,000 a month.

How much shameless leaching does one get away with?
    And back in his playing days, he submitted an application to the govt to have all his income being declared as tax exempted.

I mean, this country gave him EVERYTHING that he enjoys, fame money, life style, prestige, income, security, perks, he uses the roads, uses the grounds, uses public facilities but not ready to pay taxes.

Can you imagine the degree of shamefulness?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is as thickheaded and delusional as they come.

He needs to know Australia are no longer the best cricketing nation in the world, and Australia has far less of population than Pakistan. His infatuation with Australian system needs to end.
    Secondly, England and India probably better than Australia at the moment when it comes to cricket.
    India is the richest cricketing board and England are world champions.
    Both of them have a lot more than just 6 teams in their domestic cricket and their national team is doing just fine.

Seriously waiting for the day IK gets humbled and is forced to take the back step and admit his failures.
    He definitely isn't right in every way and his opinions are usually more based on his ego rather than a deep study of all affairs.
    His thickheadedness has already cost hundred of unpriveleged cricketers their livelihood which is the opposite of what his duties are.

Eagerly waiting for the day he is forced to rub his face in the mud in front of everyone.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    All a bit weird this.

Surely PCB knew of the meeting.
    Surely PCB knew what would be discussed.
    To go to the PM when you have just come back from England after a very average tour was suicidal. I can't image the PM had too many kind words to say to his visitors.
    Last edited by Saj; 17th September 2020 at 23:53.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This proves that Hafeez will play next WC.

Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday so close to Monday?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to develop leaders is to punish them for dissent.

This culture and attitude seems to be in our DNA

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    All a bit weird this.

Surely PCB knew of the meeting.
    Surely PCB knew what would be discussed.
    To go to the PM when you have just come back from England after a very average tour was suicidal. I can't image the PM had too many kind words to say to his visitors.
    It seems PCB were aware but unable to prevent said individuals from going ahead, however after they managed to upset the PM then this was the response from the PCB the showcase notife blah blah blah etc however this is all good for Pakistan I guess, perhaps Misbah and Azar are not far from the axe; if Hafeez organised this he may have played the best innings of his career for Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez may end up becoming the next skipper

Anyways, PCB should manage to get rid of Misbah, Hafeez and Azhar.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to one newspaper report, PM Imran was not impressed and told Misbah and Azhar to focus on their own jobs and deliver results there - makes sense to me, as selector / coach / captain they select 17 year kids one minute and a pair of 39 year olds the next , can’t get their players to do the basics right and are trying to give their expert input on the pros of departmental cricket, along with Hafeez accompanying them to show that they have a global cricketing icon sharing their viewpoint.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It seems PCB were aware but unable to prevent said individuals from going ahead, however after they managed to upset the PM then this was the response from the PCB the showcase notife blah blah blah etc however this is all good for Pakistan I guess, perhaps Misbah and Azar are not far from the axe; if Hafeez organised this he may have played the best innings of his career for Pakistan
    Most of them were under contract, the PCB could have stopped them from organising and attending this meeting.

For the PCB to now suggest they didn't know what was going to be discussed is rather naive.