Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Babar should bat down the order & a new opening pair should be tried vs Zimbabwe" : Mohammad Hafeez

Karachi: Veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez thinks limited-over captain Babar Azam should bat in the middle-order to experience different scenarios.

“I think Babar should bat down the order and a new opening pair should be tried and assess their abilities,” Hafeez said on Kamran Akmal’s YouTube show.

“If Babar plays besides his original batting position, he should raise his skills of batting down the order against Zimbabwe,” he added.

The former captain also believed that Pakistan management should give chances to youngsters in the upcoming series.

“I think it is the best opportunity to give more exposure to the younger players. We should not repeat the mistake of selecting full squad as we did in 2018 Zimbabwe’s tour,” he maintained.

It must be noted that the Chevrons are scheduled to play in late October with the three-match ODI series likely to be played in Multan while the three T20Is will be played in Rawalpindi.

https://arysports.tv/babar-should-do...mbabwe-hafeez/
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th September 2020 at 14:12.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez bhai - the first one to become an active player/coach/selector?

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow look at the guts...

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why are current players going on these shows? Nothing good can come out of it

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez believes rookie batsman Haider Ali isn’t a finished article as yet despite his half-century on debut against a game England side in the third and final Twenty20 International (T20I) in Manchester. Hafeez, in an interview on wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal’s YouTube channel, advised Haider to work harder on improving his batting technique, which will take his game to another level.

“Haider is a great talent and plays with tremendous confidence which is required at the top level. However, he still needs to work a lot on his technique. If your technique is solid, then you can survive for long in international cricket. I hope he is working on it because if he improves his technique, his shot range will become ever better. I am praying for his success,” said Hafeez.

“I always like it when our youngsters showcase their talent in front of the world. This is how Pakistan cricket will move forward. I want more youngsters to come but after they are fully prepared and ready for international cricket,” he added.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/667360/hai...hnique-hafeez/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    LAHORE: Veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez believes rookie batsman Haider Ali isn’t a finished article as yet despite his half-century on debut against a game England side in the third and final Twenty20 International (T20I) in Manchester. Hafeez, in an interview on wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal’s YouTube channel, advised Haider to work harder on improving his batting technique, which will take his game to another level.

“Haider is a great talent and plays with tremendous confidence which is required at the top level. However, he still needs to work a lot on his technique. If your technique is solid, then you can survive for long in international cricket. I hope he is working on it because if he improves his technique, his shot range will become ever better. I am praying for his success,” said Hafeez.

“I always like it when our youngsters showcase their talent in front of the world. This is how Pakistan cricket will move forward. I want more youngsters to come but after they are fully prepared and ready for international cricket,” he added.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/667360/hai...hnique-hafeez/
    How can he speak about a youngster in public this way? Does Hafeez think he has a good technique? If he survived international cricket, anyone can. PCB should tae action on these irresponsible statements.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Hafeez had taken his own advice earlier on in his own career he would potentially have had much better stats.
    Instead he tortured us throughout and now has the audacity to give public advices to the current captain who is doing well where he is.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Na bruv, let Babar feast. We don’t play enough cricket as it is and covid has taken our potentially 6-700 runs from Babar as it is. Let the guy score as many runs as he can whilst he is a runs machine.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar can decide his own batting position.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeezís quote about Haider Ali - ď However, he still needs to work a lot on his technique. If your technique is solid, then you can survive for long in international cricket.Ē <ó so thatís the explanation for Hafeez surviving this long in international cricket , he clearly had a solid technique as Dale Steyn would testify Iím sure. No doubt Steyn spent many a sleepless night working out a cunning plan on how to get past Hafeezís defences such is the solidity of his batting technique.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hafeez for saying this publicly thus putting pressure on the axis. Theres no excuse to play your regular playing 11 against the zimboks.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why is he saying these things publicly?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, on Kami channel asking for new opening pair.

Looks like Hafeez wants himself and Malik dropped to senior a go in green.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Hafeez, although it was too bold of him to say it like that. But he made sense.

Zeeshan Ashraf and Haider Ali should open the innings vs Zimbabwe.

Haider Ali should not be hyped like the way he is being at the moment. Rather he should ignore social media and keep on working until he becomes as good as Babar.

Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We named him wrong, he isn't the professor, he's basically "one man university".

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To the critics in this thread: watch the actual interview. His statements about Haider were well intentioned.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít see why people are making this an issue. Hafeez is right, Pakistan have had opening pair issues since Saeed Anwars retirement. I remember seeing some stats that Pakistan had the most opening pair changes for the better part of a decade. Babar has been solid for T20s but Fakhar is out of sorts and Imam is a minnow basher. Will they bring Sharjeel back with 2 t20 world cups coming up. They could try Haider Ali as an opener who can follow his role model Rohit Sharma and give solid starts and take advantage of the powerplay in T20s and ODI. Or maybe try other young openers coming through the ranks. How long is Fakhar gonna survive on the basis of CT17 century and his double hundred vs Zimbabwe. Batting has never been Pakistanís strong suit but if they can sort out the opening itíll take pressure of the rest of the batting line up.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People just jump on every opportunity to bag on Hafeez. Lol. Its laughable.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post
    People just jump on every opportunity to bag on Hafeez. Lol. Its laughable.
    He is the only one making these statements, not anyone else

You cannot have it both ways. If you want to be in the limelight and give a 100 statements a day, it can backfire too

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    To the critics in this thread: watch the actual interview. His statements about Haider were well intentioned.
    Because any teams suggestions should be shared with the entire world and not given as suggestions to captain and coach in private

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manzy2599 View Post
    I donít see why people are making this an issue. Hafeez is right, Pakistan have had opening pair issues since Saeed Anwars retirement. I remember seeing some stats that Pakistan had the most opening pair changes for the better part of a decade. Babar has been solid for T20s but Fakhar is out of sorts and Imam is a minnow basher. Will they bring Sharjeel back with 2 t20 world cups coming up. They could try Haider Ali as an opener who can follow his role model Rohit Sharma and give solid starts and take advantage of the powerplay in T20s and ODI. Or maybe try other young openers coming through the ranks. How long is Fakhar gonna survive on the basis of CT17 century and his double hundred vs Zimbabwe. Batting has never been Pakistanís strong suit but if they can sort out the opening itíll take pressure of the rest of the batting line up.
    and he couldn't say these things in private to the captain and coach? He needs to publicly say all these things? And you still don't understsnd where people have an issue with this?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Hafeez is planting seeds for a potential coaching role to take over from Misbah

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that there is no point in going with the usual lineup against Zimbabwe due to the fear of loosing and some new guys need to be given a go. Babar is the captain and needs experience in terms of leadership but, as a batsman he is a proven performer and can easily bat in the lower middle order while some new guys are given oppurtunities.

Regarding Haider’s technique, I think it is decent as he showed in QAE but, obviously there is always roam for improvement at young age to polish it further.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PP gossip brigade strikes again. Have you guys wathced the video? just reading his comments and then translating it into urdu shows he was well intentioned. Urdu seekho chotay loag and stop gossiping.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Because any teams suggestions should be shared with the entire world and not given as suggestions to captain and coach in private
    Why not? Heís not analyzing Haiderís technique, heís simply saying he would do well to focus on technique to become as valuable as possible for Pakistan. Overreactions in this thread are through the roof

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If Babar plays besides his original batting position, he should raise his skills of batting down the order against Zimbabwe". Cant believe this. How can he speak like this as if he is some Don Bradman. Someone remind him Babar plays down the order in Tests and ODI's. Such arrogance after achieving nothing.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez was spot on in this interview. Please watch it properly, rather than go on tangents on the translations.

I'm certain he will end up a part of the team management in the not so distant future.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Hafeez’s quote about Haider Ali - “ However, he still needs to work a lot on his technique. If your technique is solid, then you can survive for long in international cricket.” <— so that’s the explanation for Hafeez surviving this long in international cricket , he clearly had a solid technique as Dale Steyn would testify I’m sure. No doubt Steyn spent many a sleepless night working out a cunning plan on how to get past Hafeez’s defences such is the solidity of his batting technique.
    haha
    I think the idea of retiring is seriously haunting him, so he running around like headless chicken in panic.

On a serious note though,
    This is called lack of discipline and lack of professionalism.

I don’t think any of the big 3 team members have issued any such public statement while they are part of the team.

There is a thread going on about the quality of big 3 cricket. THIS is part of what you call quality. Discipline and professionalism, that we seriously lack!

IMO, if Hafeez really had to blabber his mouth then he should’ve talked about it in a team meeting.
    Issuing such public statements is actually an attempt to make others a laughing stock, and berating your own fraternity.

Here is what it is,
    When you want to give suggestions and try to influence the “decision and strategy making” process while you are neither a leader and nor do you have the ability to become a leader; then you are deemed as a daft. A true display of idiocy!

Someone should tell Hafeez that everyone has a job do to - and if everyone focuses on the job they are responsible for then things work out automatically.

Policy and strategy making is NOT your job. Focus on your own plate, for fricks sake!

If you want to influence decision making by implementing YOUR ideas then become the leader, and do it.

Otherwise, what’s the point of having those whose job is to craft the strategy and policy making?

Should we fire them and follow Mr. Hafeez’s deeply philosophical ideas that he promotes in public statements? Or just tell him to SHUT UP and focus on your own job?

These players display the lack of discipline and lack of professionalism that is truly cringe worthy!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez may be out of line, but speaking some sense.

At a broader level, Hafeez clearly has big ambitions. Heís already positioning himself for senior positions within the PCB. He may not settle for anything less than Chairman/CEO. He seems to be making all the right moves, not signing the central contract turning out to be a master stroke

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn hypocrite

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree with the Professor.

Haider Ali should open in T20Is while Babar Azam can move down to the middle-order.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And shameless Hafeez should be rested.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't need to play against Zimbabwe if you are so worried about youngsters then.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those who think Hafeez isn’t made for coaching have another thing coming,

The guy was born to coach more than he was to be a player.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Na bruv, let Babar feast. We don’t play enough cricket as it is and covid has taken our potentially 6-700 runs from Babar as it is. Let the guy score as many runs as he can whilst he is a runs machine.
    I think he should bat at 3 just for this series

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SARJ_BD View Post
    I agree with Hafeez, although it was too bold of him to say it like that. But he made sense.

Zeeshan Ashraf and Haider Ali should open the innings vs Zimbabwe.

Haider Ali should not be hyped like the way he is being at the moment. Rather he should ignore social media and keep on working until he becomes as good as Babar.
    Sharjeel and haider should open

Haider ali is already as good as babar according to akhtar

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see why people are making this an issue. Hafeez is right, Pakistan have had opening pair issues since Saeed Anwars retirement. I remember seeing some stats that Pakistan had the most opening pair changes for the better part of a decade. Babar has been solid for T20s but Fakhar is out of sorts and Imam is a minnow basher. Will they bring Sharjeel back with 2 t20 world cups coming up. They could try Haider Ali as an opener who can follow his role model Rohit Sharma and give solid starts and take advantage of the powerplay in T20s and ODI. Or maybe try other young openers coming through the ranks. How long is Fakhar gonna survive on the basis of CT17 century and his double hundred vs Zimbabwe. Batting has never been Pakistan’s strong suit but if they can sort out the opening it’ll take pressure of the rest of the batting line up.
    I fink sharjeel can be brought back and I belive hes working on hit fitness levels to which is good haider and sharjeel can open in this series.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I agree with the Professor.

Haider Ali should open in T20Is while Babar Azam can move down to the middle-order.
    Haider and sharjeel

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I agree with MoHa - he is quite intelligent and thatís his biggest asset to prolong his career into third decade. I think ZIM is coming for 3 ODIs - PAK should definitely experiment here - Hafeez & a new opener to start with, Malik at three, may be Iftekhar at four, Babar at 5 and Haider/Rizwan at 6/7 or other way.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report state babar may be rested with imad being captained
    And Azam khan name is being considered

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Report state babar may be rested with imad being captained
    And Azam khan name is being considered
    Lol Azam Khan.
    Last edited by The Viper; 18th September 2020 at 22:38.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lol Azam Khan.
    Not a bad decision even thou zeeshan Ashraf or rohail should be given a go ahead of the great azam khan
    Last edited by The Viper; 18th September 2020 at 22:39.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is a giant in t20s,he is MVP in that format,i don't think people should slam him that way,yeah he may sound arrogant here but it is also true Babar needs to bat up and play as much as possible
    If someone else or some foreigner had said what Hafeez said many here would have found it innovative and an opportunity for youngsters
    Hafeez is a legend already in this format so respect the legend not everyone is successful against Dale Steyn facing red ball

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a bad decision even thou zeeshan Ashraf or rohail should be given a go ahead of the great azam khan
    Not a bad decision? Can't think of a worse decision then this. TBH i don't believe it's true anyway.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Not a bad decision? Can't think of a worse decision then this. TBH i don't believe it's true anyway.
    I dont belive it's TRUE but thatd what's been reported

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but the fact that Hafeez has the guts to come out in public and give his CAPTAIN advice shows that Babar holds no sway in the dressing room.

There's nothing wrong with that, precious few people are born to lead. But i can already tell that the Babar Azam captaincy days are numbered.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haider and sharjeel
    Fakhar is the best option as an opener. He played decently in the PSL as well. Guys like Kakmal and Sharjeel are not fit enough to play internationally.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe is one of the 2-3 teams in the world that we can beat. So why should we experiment?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Fakhar is the best option as an opener. He played decently in the PSL as well. Guys like Kakmal and Sharjeel are not fit enough to play internationally.
    Fakhar needs to be given a rest hes been thier long enough and hasnt produced many match winning innings

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thereís nothing wrong with giving advice but generally it has more credibility if you have some expertise in the area / subject matter that you are advising on.

Hafeez talking about potential flaws in other playersí batting techniques is like Venkatesh Prasad sharing knowledge on the art of aggressive fast bowling and reverse swing. On the other hand if itís Sunil Gavaskar and Wasim Akram making the same comments on batting and bowling techniques, it just sounds a bit more believable.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe are so bad currently that even Singapore defeated them recently.

Pakistan should try out lots of youngsters.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any ex Pakistani cricketer that does not have a YouTube channel these days?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dare someone in the current Indian team to suggest a batting position change for our kaptaan in media.

Hafeez is out of line. He is not in any position to speak these things in public however well-intentioned.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    During the all Pakistan vs Zimbabwe test or one day or t20 series in 2013, 2015 and in 2018, Mr. Hafeez, at an official age of 33, 35 & 37 respectively, came either as an opener or one down.

Why did he not drop himself down the order then, just to give a chance to any youngster.

Instead he scored like Bradman in those matches and boasted his averages.

If i were Babar Azam, i would have given him a shut up call.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Couldnt agree more with Hafeez. We need to groom another dynamic opener and Babar needs to play the role that Javed Miandad used to play for Pakistan in the middle order.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe, Hafeez and Malik should rest themselves for these matches to test a few youngsters.

What he’s saying is right but it doesn’t look very good when he himself never took any action to give exposure to any youngsters when he was facing teams like Zimbabwe.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Zimbabwe is one of the 2-3 teams in the world that we can beat. So why should we experiment?
    Pakistan could field their 4th best XI and still beat them. Why should the first team play against such opposition lol.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I agree. We need to build a rivalry with Zimbabwe in order to help both nations.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    I agree. We need to build a rivalry with Zimbabwe in order to help both nations.
    PCB should arrange for more regular series v Zimbabwe and these series should be officially named Hafeez-Chigumbura Trophy in honour of the two premier cricketers from both teams since the millennium.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    PCB may as well pick a majority of youngsters and give them some international experience.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PCB may as well pick a majority of youngsters and give them some international experience.
    The should, but thats not Misbah's style. Expecting a Asif Ali, Haris Sohail comeback, with continued play from Wahab, Amir, Imad

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez has always been politically very savvy. He's carefully positioning himself for a future career when he retires. He's been subtly hinting at changes he would like to see everywhere from the PCB, the domestic game, international squad and now even what position the captain of the team should bat. Yet he's smart enough to ensure nothing negative sticks on him and he keeps his allies close.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does he need to say it privately?? This isn’t some private CIA information that should be kept confidential. It’s the Pakistani public that give so much importance to seniors, Hafeez said nothing out of line and it was all said with the best intentions of the team at heart. You clearly don’t understand the Pakistani/Subcontinent mindset, regardless of what you say certain people will always have an issue. If Hafeez said this privately to the captain and coach people would say that Hafeez is doing politics in the team and he is trying to create grouping to take over the captaincy from Babar so he can play his pals Malik and co for the next few years.

Have you seen some of the Pak journalists who twist and portray everything negatively. Hafeez gets way too much unnecessary hate on here, he still makes the T20 team on merit and if he bowls he’s a lot better than some of the current Odi players.

I actually admire Hafeez for being so straight up and confident with the media. No sugar coating and no rubbish which is the way to go. Too many people in Pakistan are fake and wear a mask infront of the media which is why there’s so many unnecessary issues and dramas.
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th September 2020 at 16:19.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Azam Khan failed every single game except 2 in PSL.

12 59 5 46 10 6 12 0 0 12

World beater performances right there. Our fans love torturing themselves or have a very short memory.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well said , but Hafeez it will also mean that you may sit out as you have advised not to go with full strength?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    I'm sorry but the fact that Hafeez has the guts to come out in public and give his CAPTAIN advice shows that Babar holds no sway in the dressing room.

There's nothing wrong with that, precious few people are born to lead. But i can already tell that the Babar Azam captaincy days are numbered.
    Letís not get bent out of shape here. Hafeez is a veteran player who has a vast knowledge of the game. Babar is a young captain who is growing everyday into his role. Yes heís the captain and so what if someone gives him advice to make him better. Backwards thinking here at its finest. 🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember the last time Hafeez missed a series against Zimbabwe. Can anyone else?

Pakistan has played zero ODIs all year. I don't see the point in resting the players. Let the guys beef up their averages. We are not a Big 3 team that plays so much cricket all year that we have to worry about our players' workload. Besides a handful of players the workloads of our players are very manageable.

That said, it would be good to give guys like; Abid Ali, Haider Ali, Hasnain chances in the starting eleven. Shaheen and Naseem should definitely be rested and I don't think anyone would have a problem with resting Fakhar Zaman either.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Youngesters like sohail akhtar ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does he need to say it privately?? This isn’t some private CIA information that should be kept confidential. It’s the Pakistani public that give so much importance to seniors, Hafeez said nothing out of line and it was all said with the best intentions of the team at heart. You clearly don’t understand the Pakistani/Subcontinent mindset, regardless of what you say certain people will always have an issue. If Hafeez said this privately to the captain and coach people would say that Hafeez is doing politics in the team and he is trying to create grouping to take over the captaincy from Babar so he can play his pals Malik and co for the next few years.

Have you seen some of the Pak journalists who twist and portray everything negatively. Hafeez gets way too much unnecessary hate on here, he still makes the T20 team on merit and if he bowls he’s a lot better than some of the current Odi players.

I actually admire Hafeez for being so straight up and confident with the media. No sugar coating and no rubbish which is the way to go. Too many people in Pakistan are fake and wear a mask infront of the media which is why there’s so many unnecessary issues and dramas.
    Agreed

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Can't remember the last time Hafeez missed a series against Zimbabwe. Can anyone else?

Pakistan has played zero ODIs all year. I don't see the point in resting the players. Let the guys beef up their averages. We are not a Big 3 team that plays so much cricket all year that we have to worry about our players' workload. Besides a handful of players the workloads of our players are very manageable.

That said, it would be good to give guys like; Abid Ali, Haider Ali, Hasnain chances in the starting eleven. Shaheen and Naseem should definitely be rested and I don't think anyone would have a problem with resting Fakhar Zaman either.
    I think we can see changes to the t20 but in the odis you proberly have the regulars back

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can see changes to the t20 but in the odis you proberly have the regulars back
    Seeing how Malik and Hafeez are essentially confirmed picks for the T20 World Cup, I don't see any point in playing them in the T20Is.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing how Malik and Hafeez are essentially confirmed picks for the T20 World Cup, I don't see any point in playing them in the T20Is.
    They wont be playing most of the regular will not play the t20s but expect babar and shaheen to play the the odis

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazaBadmash View Post
    Let’s not get bent out of shape here. Hafeez is a veteran player who has a vast knowledge of the game. Babar is a young captain who is growing everyday into his role. Yes he’s the captain and so what if someone gives him advice to make him better. Backwards thinking here at its finest. ����*♂️����*♂️
    Hi Hafeez

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wont be playing most of the regular will not play the t20s but expect babar and shaheen to play the the odis
    I expect them to but Shaheen should be rested. He is our most important bowler and he is coming off a long tour, where he played every game and a stint in the Blast. Resting him would also provide an opportunity to give more games to Hasnain, Haris Rauf. Hasnain in particular has been on the bench since the World Cup and he needs to play more international games to develop as a fast-bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a man who averages 32 in odis. 37 in test cricket and an average of 20 in 5 t20 world cups Hafeez seems to have an inflated ego and a high opinion of himself . As soon as his form deserts him and he starts going missing in big tournaments like he always does he will be come a quiet mouse again .

Heís one mediocre player who has overstayed his welcome by a number of years .

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect them to but Shaheen should be rested. He is our most important bowler and he is coming off a long tour, where he played every game and a stint in the Blast. Resting him would also provide an opportunity to give more games to Hasnain, Haris Rauf. Hasnain in particular has been on the bench since the World Cup and he needs to play more international games to develop as a fast-bowler.
    You expect them to play the regulars?
    Shaheen should be rested and will be rested hopefully and husnain needs to be given a chance he didnt get a single game against england.the likes of wahab amir shaheen dont need to play against Zimbabwe it should be husnain,rauf,akif javed I would play this team.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Babar, Fakhar, Imam, Iftikar, Rizwan will all play. I think they'll select Amir and Wahab too since they haven't played much cricket this year. Not so sure about Akif Javed. On a personal level I don't see much in him (hope I'm wrong) and I haven't heard him being any conversation for a national call-up. He was alright in PSL and hasn't played many games besides that and Domestic T20 matches.

Shinwari, Musa, Faheem would be next in the pecking order of bowlers.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Babar, Fakhar, Imam, Iftikar, Rizwan will all play. I think they'll select Amir and Wahab too since they haven't played much cricket this year. Not so sure about Akif Javed. On a personal level I don't see much in him (hope I'm wrong) and I haven't heard him being any conversation for a national call-up. He was alright in PSL and hasn't played many games besides that and Domestic T20 matches.

Shinwari, Musa, Faheem would be next in the pecking order of bowlers.
    Yes in odis they will but in the t20s only max 6 permant members will start.he can swing the ball away and into the Bateman I no it's a short sample size but one over against watson he bowled in psl in that over he bowled outswinger a beatiful inswinger and a Yorker.he defo has more talent than all three of them

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    How can he speak about a youngster in public this way? Does Hafeez think he has a good technique? If he survived international cricket, anyone can. PCB should tae action on these irresponsible statements.
    That's the thing. He is not centrally contracted. PCB can't do much when he is not in their employment.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    Hafeez has always been politically very savvy. He's carefully positioning himself for a future career when he retires. He's been subtly hinting at changes he would like to see everywhere from the PCB, the domestic game, international squad and now even what position the captain of the team should bat. Yet he's smart enough to ensure nothing negative sticks on him and he keeps his allies close.
    Commentator confirmed