Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 168
  1. #81
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhan12 View Post
    By keep repeating same thing every day, week, month and year don't make it the truth. Keep your repeat mode and hate of Pakistan mode on but it don't make it the truth. You think by repeating things people on here are fools who will believe you. Carry on trying only people who will agree with you are same mentality like yours who just have hate for Pakistan.
    Truth is often bitter. This is not about my so-called hate for Pakistan but the actual series of events that led to Pakistani players getting banned from IPL.

    I know it makes us feel good when we play victim and blame evil BCCI for banning our players from IPL, but the fact is that PCB itself laid the foundations with their exhibition of arrogance in 2009.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    From top off my head:

    Wasim Akram said quite a few foreigners who have played both leagues have told this to him. Now you can doubt his credibility but he has always been a big supporter of IPL and in same interview said overall IPL is best league so itís def not a case of patriotic thinking in my book

    Others who I remember are Dean Jones and Alex Hales. You can google
    Wasim isnt employed by the IPL anymore.

    I asked this question sometime back, how many regular internationals play in a PSL team? How many of them bowlers?

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    From top off my head:

    Wasim Akram said quite a few foreigners who have played both leagues have told this to him. Now you can doubt his credibility but he has always been a big supporter of IPL and in same interview said overall IPL is best league so itís def not a case of patriotic thinking in my book

    Others who I remember are Dean Jones and Alex Hales. You can google
    I donít think they said PSL > IPL. They might have praised PSL. I am sure even a player who plays in the Afghan or ICE cricket league wouldnít say this league sucks

    Also to put into perspective, Dean Jones heralded as a super coach and mastermind in the PSL is a 2nd string or probably 3rd string analyst in the IPL lol. Not even a commentator. Make whatever you want off of that. Not sure if he is even offered that this year.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,113
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    I donít think they said PSL > IPL. They might have praised PSL. I am sure even a player who plays in the Afghan or ICE cricket league wouldnít say this league sucks

    Also to put into perspective, Dean Jones heralded as a super coach and mastermind in the PSL is a 2nd string or probably 3rd string analyst in the IPL lol. Not even a commentator. Make whatever you want off of that. Not sure if he is even offered that this year.
    You really have poor comprehension skills if you think that at any point I or any of the people ive mentioned said PSL>IPL at any point

  5. #85
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,113
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Wasim isnt employed by the IPL anymore.
    So only players employed by IPL are obligated to praise it?

  6. #86
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    1,318
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What PSL should aim to be eventually when relations get better is kind of a farm system, more like a no.1 minor league where players strive hard to make an impact to get into the IPL, the pinnacle and the benchmark.

    IPL franchises have picked players based on big bash or Carribean league in the past.

    This delusion that we are superior to IPl doesnít help any one.

    In fact if the aim is to be the best farm league or minor league might help PSL in the long run. Indian fans will tune in way more to track which player is exciting enough to be part of their franchise. That would help PSL in fact.

    There are minor leagues in Sports like Baseball and Soccer which have a dedicated fan base and people are passionate about them as well.

    This arrogance and delusion that PSL is superior etc is not going to help your own league any which ways.

    Most of us I am assuming have heard the saying learning to walk before you run.

    Some times self introspection helps you in a long way to make your self better.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,478
    Mentioned
    747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No.

    Reason - I dont like India as a nation due to their brutal terrorism in Kashmir.

    Reason 2 - IPL is like a circus more than cricket.

    Reason 3 - No Pak Players.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  8. #88
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    4,592
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I agree with this.

    Also, lot depends on where your seat is. I once went to watch a test match in Mumbai and the sunlight was directly hitting on my face most of the time. Had to cover my face with a newspaper.

    Terrible experience.
    I had very bad experience at Gahunge, Pune last SA tour. While our kaptaan schooling SA kids was fun but Sun and lack of facilities were criminal.

    Felf like I was punished for watching test match cause IPL experience at same ground was decent.

  9. #89
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,585
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    How far are you willing to walk down this road?

    If we use the same logic, then no self-respecting Pakistani should live and work in the UAE in the first place.

    The UAE government humiliated Pakistan by rubbishing it’s stance on Kashmir, but Pakistanis working and living in the UAE are paying taxes that directly benefit the UAE government.

    So should we call back all our diaspora from the UAE, or is this self-respect drama only limited to IPL and BCCI?
    I'll walk down this road as long as its a logical one. Your post, however, is anything but logical.

    However, you're a guy that still goes around trying to convince, largely yourself, that Pakistani players were banned from IPL due to PCB's behavior, so I do not have any hope that a logical response is going to any effect on you. But, I'll respond...

    Do use the same logic, but with some common sense, because your response is completely lacking of it. Governments deal with each other on various issues and there no two governments that have a perfect relationship with each other. No one is saying that all ties should be severed with a country if the governments do not align with each other perfectly. One interaction does not and cannot define or affect all the other interactions!

    However, paying to see a game that your country was outrightly banned from is as direct as it can get! You are literally dealing with the organization that clearly has banned the players from the country you are a part of and represent. There are is no political angles (e.g. UAE's Kashmir stance which you ridiculously brought up) to consider here. So, yes, any self-respecting Pakistani wouldn't even think about paying their hard-earned money to financially support a league where it's players are banned.

    Please do not waste my time with these strawman arguments just to channel your own insecurities.
    Last edited by Snowflake; 21st September 2020 at 12:02.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I'll walk down this road as long as its a logical one. Your post, however, is anything but logical.

    However, you're a guy that still goes around trying to convince, largely yourself, that Pakistani players were banned from IPL due to PCB's behavior, so I do not have any hope that a logical response is going to any effect on you. But, I'll respond...

    Do use the same logic, but with some common sense, because your response is completely lacking of it. Governments deal with each other on various issues and there no two governments that have a perfect relationship with each other. No one is saying that all ties should be severed with a country if the governments do not align with each other perfectly. One interaction does not and cannot define or affect all the other interactions!

    However, paying to see a game that your country was outrightly banned from is as direct as it can get! You are literally dealing with the organization that clearly has banned the players from the country you are a part of and represent. There are is no political angles (e.g. UAE's Kashmir stance which you ridiculously brought up) to consider here. So, yes, any self-respecting Pakistani wouldn't even think about paying their hard-earned money to financially support a league where it's players are banned.

    Please do not waste my time with these strawman arguments just to channel your own insecurities.
    Let me summarize your post:

    Quitting your job and moving out of a country is highly inconvenient in most cases. Hence, when it is inconvenient, lacking self-respect is not a problem.

    On the contrary, not going to IPL matches is easy. It is not a problem, and it does not impact you in a negative way, so it is the perfect platform to exercise the self-respect drama.

    And yes, if you follow the sequence of events, PCB is directly responsible for the banishment of Pakistani players from the IPL. There was no reason for them to do what they did in 2009.

    Now that it has backfired tremendously, we have decided to play victim and dump all the blame on BCCI’s head.

    PCB showed a lot of misplaced arrogance in 2009.
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st September 2020 at 16:34.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,034
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I don't really enjoy T20 cricket so wouldn't go. That having been said, nobody can deny that IPL is the leading T20 league in the world and is significantly better than PSL, Big Bash etc.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,429
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've definitely gone to watch a match or two. Definitely a RCB-Rajasthan game. You get to see Kohli, De Villiers, Smith and Buttler in one game. Why would you miss that?

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhan12 View Post
    By keep repeating same thing every day, week, month and year don't make it the truth. Keep your repeat mode and hate of Pakistan mode on but it don't make it the truth. You think by repeating things people on here are fools who will believe you. Carry on trying only people who will agree with you are same mentality like yours who just have hate for Pakistan.
    Some of these "fans" just talk too much garbage (trying to keep it PG in case my comment gets deleted). I think as a Pakistani fan i was offended at the second edition of the IPL and how we were snubbed/blanked there is no greater offense than that.

    I do however feel that for the PSL to be more successful we need to sign on more big names i.e. the likes of Stoinis, Bairstow, Williamson, Smith, Joe Root, Morgan and more.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Some of these "fans" just talk too much garbage (trying to keep it PG in case my comment gets deleted). I think as a Pakistani fan i was offended at the second edition of the IPL and how we were snubbed/blanked there is no greater offense than that.

    I do however feel that for the PSL to be more successful we need to sign on more big names i.e. the likes of Stoinis, Bairstow, Williamson, Smith, Joe Root, Morgan and more.
    You were ďoffendedĒ at the third edition of IPL (2010) where Pakistani players were snubbed.

    However, you have conveniently forgotten about the second edition of IPL (2009) where PCB blocked its players from participating which led to the franchises rightfully snubbing our players a year later.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You were ďoffendedĒ at the third edition of IPL (2010) where Pakistani players were snubbed.

    However, you have conveniently forgotten about the second edition of IPL (2009) where PCB blocked its players from participating which led to the franchises rightfully snubbing our players a year later.
    Has anybody got a link to 2009 when PCB gave a statement barring its players? Could somebody kindly remind me who the chairman of PCB was at the time please?

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You were “offended” at the third edition of IPL (2010) where Pakistani players were snubbed.

    However, you have conveniently forgotten about the second edition of IPL (2009) where PCB blocked its players from participating which led to the franchises rightfully snubbing our players a year later.
    Stupidity on both ends really. However, i know i was quite upset about that issue at the time.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Has anybody got a link to 2009 when PCB gave a statement barring its players? Could somebody kindly remind me who the chairman of PCB was at the time please?
    I don't remember it. All i remember was watching the auction on Cricinfo and following the auction when the Pakistani players names came up and not a single bid was put on any.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    23,244
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of the bowlers in this years IPL are just world class, it would be a dream to watch them as they are part of the greatest bowling league in the world:

    Chahar
    Mohit
    Sandeep
    Vijay Kumar
    Natarjan

    This is called a dream package!

  19. #99
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I don't remember it. All i remember was watching the auction on Cricinfo and following the auction when the Pakistani players names came up and not a single bid was put on any.
    Thats 2010. In 2009 all pakistanis were in their respective teams.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Some of the bowlers in this years IPL are just world class, it would be a dream to watch them as they are part of the greatest bowling league in the world:

    Chahar
    Mohit
    Sandeep
    Vijay Kumar
    Natarjan

    This is called a dream package!
    Also are Bumrah Shami Rabada Cummins Boult Ferguson Rashid Etc etc etc.

    Far better than anything any league can put out.

    You are free to not watch the IPL, but to say they dont have the best package is laughable.


  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Has anybody got a link to 2009 when PCB gave a statement barring its players? Could somebody kindly remind me who the chairman of PCB was at the time please?
    https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.t...league-auction

    PCB chairman was Ijaz Butt.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I don't remember it. All i remember was watching the auction on Cricinfo and following the auction when the Pakistani players names came up and not a single bid was put on any.
    Iím just trying to clarify as this point by Mamoon is vital to understand where lessons are to be learnt.

    I found this on google and it appears to have some merit at least https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    I guess we need to now clarify whether it was actually unsafe for Pak players to travel to India for IPL and what information their decision was based upon?

    We must also consider that Mumbai hotel attack was one year previous and maybe the Pakistan players were at risk of harm in India due to vigilante repercussions?

    Did the likes of Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi give any opinion at the time or afterwards?

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    23,244
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Also are Bumrah Shami Rabada Cummins Boult Ferguson Rashid Etc etc etc.

    Far better than anything any league can put out.

    You are free to not watch the IPL, but to say they dont have the best package is laughable.
    Why are you getting so triggered? I’m praising these ATGs

  24. #104
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He wasnít really a shining beacon from what I recall?

    Shehryar Khan seemed more accomplished and competent to my naked eye

  25. #105
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Why are you getting so triggered? Iím praising these ATGs
    Still missing youngtsa beauties Bilawal Bhatti, Anwar Ali, Musa Khan, Taj Wali, etc.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    He wasn’t really a shining beacon from what I recall?

    Shehryar Khan seemed more accomplished and competent to my naked eye
    Haven't seen a bigger tool than Ijaz Butt.

    I mean i remember just recently in a India-South Africa home series where Shoaib Akhtar or Wasim Akram who was doing commentary had to leave India because the Indian Govt got threats from Shiv Sina that Pakistanis shouldn't be here or that they aren't welcome.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I’m just trying to clarify as this point by Mamoon is vital to understand where lessons are to be learnt.

    I found this on google and it appears to have some merit at least https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    I guess we need to now clarify whether it was actually unsafe for Pak players to travel to India for IPL and what information their decision was based upon?

    We must also consider that Mumbai hotel attack was one year previous and maybe the Pakistan players were at risk of harm in India due to vigilante repercussions?

    Did the likes of Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi give any opinion at the time or afterwards?
    Excellent research bro and i think that the block was perhaps common sense from our end and should be fully understood by IPL and Indian Govt.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tbh even if the ban was for the right reasons, itís been more than a decade and BCCI/Indians should get over it. And PCB should also try to not sabotage the relationship - asking to move Ď11 WC outside India, taking BCCI to court, etc.

    Both the boards need to grow up.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 21st September 2020 at 22:51.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Iím just trying to clarify as this point by Mamoon is vital to understand where lessons are to be learnt.

    I found this on google and it appears to have some merit at least https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    I guess we need to now clarify whether it was actually unsafe for Pak players to travel to India for IPL and what information their decision was based upon?

    We must also consider that Mumbai hotel attack was one year previous and maybe the Pakistan players were at risk of harm in India due to vigilante repercussions?

    Did the likes of Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi give any opinion at the time or afterwards?
    You have to understand that PCB was retaliating to India not touring Pakistan in 2008 because of fears of a terrorist attack.

    PCB thought they could arm twist the BCCI by blocking pakistani players from the IPL.

    It backfired with pakistanis permanently missing from the IPL.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Excellent research bro and i think that the block was perhaps common sense from our end and should be fully understood by IPL and Indian Govt.
    There was no sense in blocking players from the IPL when rest of the world was open to coming to India.

  31. #111
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,585
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Let me summarize your post:

    Quitting your job and moving out of a country is highly inconvenient in most cases. Hence, when it is inconvenient, lacking self-respect is not a problem.

    On the contrary, not going to IPL matches is easy. It is not a problem, and it does not impact you in a negative way, so it is the perfect platform to exercise the self-respect drama.

    And yes, if you follow the sequence of events, PCB is directly responsible for the banishment of Pakistani players from the IPL. There was no reason for them to do what they did in 2009.

    Now that it has backfired tremendously, we have decided to play victim and dump all the blame on BCCIís head.

    PCB showed a lot of misplaced arrogance in 2009.
    My word! I know that you are compelled to drag this out out of habit, but this certainly isn't a good look.

    No, it is not about convenience. It is about you trying desperately to apply the same logic to scenarios where it is not applicable. A Pakistani person quitting his job in the UAE due to the latter's stance on Kashmir is nonsensical comparison because the person is not representing Kashmir in any capacity. UAE also has no part in the conflict and only has a political stance which has no bearing on the outcome of the issue. Hence, the person staying in that country and earning a salary for his benefit is no way compromising his self-respect. There are many other reasons which I can more time articulating but I am hoping (rather foolishly) that you get the point.

    Now, a person directly financially supporting an organization and spending his time and effort to watch a game from which his own country has been banned is a different story. There are no indirect connections that need to be made here. There are no interpretations or assumptions that need to be made here. It's clear as daylight.

    Also, I do not need to follow any sequence of events to make a pretty straight-forward and obvious conclusion. You are free to think that had PCB not refused to play in that one season, our players would have been featured in the IPL all along - yup, that sounds about right.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    I had very bad experience at Gahunge, Pune last SA tour. While our kaptaan schooling SA kids was fun but Sun and lack of facilities were criminal.

    Felf like I was punished for watching test match cause IPL experience at same ground was decent.
    Attended an IPL game at night at the same ground 5+ years before I attended the test match and the experience was much better. Totally agree that watching test match can be like going through a punishment - the toilets were unclean, the food was horrible, everyone was sweating which was worse because the stadium was packed.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Tbh even if the ban was for the right reasons, itís been more than a decade and BCCI/Indians should get over it. And PCB should also try to not sabotage the relationship - asking to move Ď11 WC outside India, taking BCCI to court, etc.

    Both the boards need to grow up.
    Accepted that Pakistan did a *** for tat in 2009 because India did not tour us in 2008.

    However what India and IPL is doing now is wrong with their stance remaining but both countries are enemies so I kind of get it.

    I recall Wasim Khan saying in interviews this year that Pakistan needs to move on from the India bilateral tour conundrum as India is not interested. Letís keep our self respect and move on from this saga. We have extended our hand out and itís not been reciprocated. Ignore the politics and letís focus on what the cricket board actions are and itís clear to see that we are no longer at fault in 2009.

    There is also another school of thought though that may change IPLís mind? Akhtar and Afridi for me were finished by 2009 in comparison to the early 2000s. We havenít really had any exciting enigmatic players usually associated with Pakistan since them? I mean, who wants to really watch Shoaib Malik, Misbah or Younis Khan in t20 and who currently is there who is box office? Nobody! If 2000 Afridi or Akhtar existed then maybe they would force IPLís hand to reverse their blacklist?

    As for Dubai tournament - who gives a toss if Pak fans go or not. We all in some shape or form have American, Chinese, Indian products around us, whether it be iPhones, cars, food etc. Watching IPL in UAE will allow you to perhaps watch a great sporting event live, that we still can watch on TV. No judgment from our side, I feel.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Accepted that Pakistan did a *** for tat in 2009 because India did not tour us in 2008.

    However what India and IPL is doing now is wrong with their stance remaining but both countries are enemies so I kind of get it.

    I recall Wasim Khan saying in interviews this year that Pakistan needs to move on from the India bilateral tour conundrum as India is not interested. Let’s keep our self respect and move on from this saga. We have extended our hand out and it’s not been reciprocated. Ignore the politics and let’s focus on what the cricket board actions are and it’s clear to see that we are no longer at fault in 2009.

    There is also another school of thought though that may change IPL’s mind? Akhtar and Afridi for me were finished by 2009 in comparison to the early 2000s. We haven’t really had any exciting enigmatic players usually associated with Pakistan since them? I mean, who wants to really watch Shoaib Malik, Misbah or Younis Khan in t20 and who currently is there who is box office? Nobody! If 2000 Afridi or Akhtar existed then maybe they would force IPL’s hand to reverse their blacklist?

    As for Dubai tournament - who gives a toss if Pak fans go or not. We all in some shape or form have American, Chinese, Indian products around us, whether it be iPhones, cars, food etc. Watching IPL in UAE will allow you to perhaps watch a great sporting event live, that we still can watch on TV. No judgment from our side, I feel.
    Very well summed up.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    My word! I know that you are compelled to drag this out out of habit, but this certainly isn't a good look.

    No, it is not about convenience. It is about you trying desperately to apply the same logic to scenarios where it is not applicable. A Pakistani person quitting his job in the UAE due to the latter's stance on Kashmir is nonsensical comparison because the person is not representing Kashmir in any capacity. UAE also has no part in the conflict and only has a political stance which has no bearing on the outcome of the issue. Hence, the person staying in that country and earning a salary for his benefit is no way compromising his self-respect. There are many other reasons which I can more time articulating but I am hoping (rather foolishly) that you get the point.

    Now, a person directly financially supporting an organization and spending his time and effort to watch a game from which his own country has been banned is a different story. There are no indirect connections that need to be made here. There are no interpretations or assumptions that need to be made here. It's clear as daylight.

    Also, I do not need to follow any sequence of events to make a pretty straight-forward and obvious conclusion. You are free to think that had PCB not refused to play in that one season, our players would have been featured in the IPL all along - yup, that sounds about right.
    Again, you are being very selective in your application of ďself respectĒ and your selectively is based on your convenience.

    The idea that Pakistanis should miss the chance of watching the best players in the world out of self-respect is total nonsense.

    Watching the likes of Kohli, De Villiers, Rohit, Buttler, Warner etc. live is an experience that cricket fans should not miss because of stupid nationalism.

    BCCI will not miss out on anything if you donít buy a ticket because someone else will. At the end of the day, you will be the only loser in this situation.

    Moreover, I donít think Pakistani players would be playing in IPL in 2019 or 2020 because of the rising anti-Pakistan sentiment under Modi. However, Pakistani players definitely missed out on at least 3-4 seasons of IPL thanks to PCBís shallow arrogance.

    Remember, we toured India in 2012-13 and also played in the WT20 in 2016. Our players would have definitely played in IPL until 2013-2014 at least.

    PCBís stupidity is the only reason why our players only played one season of IPL.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Tbh even if the ban was for the right reasons, itís been more than a decade and BCCI/Indians should get over it. And PCB should also try to not sabotage the relationship - asking to move Ď11 WC outside India, taking BCCI to court, etc.

    Both the boards need to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You have to understand that PCB was retaliating to India not touring Pakistan in 2008 because of fears of a terrorist attack.

    PCB thought they could arm twist the BCCI by blocking pakistani players from the IPL.

    It backfired with pakistanis permanently missing from the IPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Again, you are being very selective in your application of ďself respectĒ and your selectively is based on your convenience.

    The idea that Pakistanis should miss the chance of watching the best players in the world out of self-respect is total nonsense.

    Watching the likes of Kohli, De Villiers, Rohit, Buttler, Warner etc. live is an experience that cricket fans should not miss because of stupid nationalism.

    BCCI will not miss out on anything if you donít buy a ticket because someone else will. At the end of the day, you will be the only loser in this situation.

    Moreover, I donít think Pakistani players would be playing in IPL in 2019 or 2020 because of the rising anti-Pakistan sentiment under Modi. However, Pakistani players definitely missed out on at least 3-4 seasons of IPL thanks to PCBís shallow arrogance.

    Remember, we toured India in 2012-13 and also played in the WT20 in 2016. Our players would have definitely played in IPL until 2013-2014 at least.

    PCBís stupidity is the only reason why our players only played one season of IPL.
    You make some valid points but I ask you to acknowledge that since 2009, we have extended our hand to Indiaís cricket board and IPL and itís not been reciprocated. The issue is no longer a 2009 Pakistan incompetence one but an aggressive and unfriendly one from India.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Iím just trying to clarify as this point by Mamoon is vital to understand where lessons are to be learnt.

    I found this on google and it appears to have some merit at least https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    I guess we need to now clarify whether it was actually unsafe for Pak players to travel to India for IPL and what information their decision was based upon?

    We must also consider that Mumbai hotel attack was one year previous and maybe the Pakistan players were at risk of harm in India due to vigilante repercussions?

    Did the likes of Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi give any opinion at the time or afterwards?
    PCB was very trigger-happy because at the end of the day, the intention was not just to look after the safety of our players but also to hurt IPL.

    T20 cricket was in its infancy and Pakistani players were big deals in the format in the late 2000s.

    We finished runner ups in the first WT20, Afridi was the man of the tournament, we ended up winning the next edition later that year etc. We were T20 hot shots at the time.

    If Pakistani players had the same status that they have today, PCB wouldnít have been so hasty in blocking its players from participating.

    However, little did PCB know how huge IPL would become without any contribution from Pakistani players.

    Furthermore, PCB also showed lack of foresight. There were general elections in India in Mar-Apr 2009, and BCCI had to shift the IPL to South Africa. Hence, the excuse that playing in India was unsafe for our players at that time proved to be useless because the IPL was played in South Africa.

    All in all, PCB messed up big time. Not only did they cost our players the chance to play in IPL, they also cost the likes of Afridi, Malik, Hafeez, Kamran, Misbah, Gul, Ajmal, Umar Akmal etc. millions and millions because these players would have gone for big money in the IPL at least until 2011-2012.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PCB was very trigger-happy because at the end of the day, the intention was not just to look after the safety of our players but also to hurt IPL.

    T20 cricket was in its infancy and Pakistani players were big deals in the format in the late 2000s.

    We finished runner ups in the first WT20, Afridi was the man of the tournament, we ended up winning the next edition later that year etc. We were T20 hot shots at the time.

    If Pakistani players had the same status that they have today, PCB wouldnít have been so hasty in blocking its players from participating.

    However, little did PCB know how huge IPL would become without any contribution from Pakistani players.

    Furthermore, PCB also showed lack of foresight. There were general elections in India in Mar-Apr 2009, and BCCI had to shift the IPL to South Africa. Hence, the excuse that playing in India was unsafe for our players at that time proved to be useless because the IPL was played in South Africa.

    All in all, PCB messed up big time. Not only did they cost our players the chance to play in IPL, they also cost the likes of Afridi, Malik, Hafeez, Kamran, Misbah, Gul, Ajmal, Umar Akmal etc. millions and millions because these players would have gone for big money in the IPL at least until 2011-2012.
    I agree whole heartedly but Uncle Izaj Butt can no longer be held to account and Wasim Khan is not getting his hand shaken back by India so really come 2020, nothing can be done Iím afraid for the time being.
    Last edited by Waq; 21st September 2020 at 23:28. Reason: Error

  39. #119
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    You make some valid points but I ask you to acknowledge that since 2009, we have extended our hand to Indiaís cricket board and IPL and itís not been reciprocated. The issue is no longer a 2009 Pakistan incompetence one but an aggressive and unfriendly one from India.
    It is an issue of lack of trust.

    Pakistani players were big deals in T20 cricket at the time, and a lot of franchises were built around Pakistani players.

    The way PCB pulled out meant that the franchises could not trust them anymore. If they could do it once they could do it again.

    So they did what anyone else would have done. They built their teams without Pakistani players and they havenít looked back since.

    Their decision has been vindicated. IPL has not suffered at all in terms of status, reputation and viewership without Pakistani players, which pretty much sums up our standing in the game in the previous decade and the lack of stars that we have produced.

    So our players need IPL, or needed IPL before PSL more than the opposite.

    Furthermore, now there is the added complexity of Indian government refusing to play bilateral cricket with Pakistan, so even if some IPL franchises are interesting in getting the likes of Babar, Amir, Shaheen etc., they cannot do much.

    It can also be argued that if PCB did not shoot themselves in the foot in 2009, which meant our players would have played in the IPL for at least 3-4 years if not more, we would have seen some bilateral cricket between the two countries.

    The relationship between PCB and BCCI would have been better, our players would have formed friendships with Indian players and have fan following among Indian fans etc.

    These factors would most likely have helped establish bilateral ties between the two boards.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is an issue of lack of trust.

    Pakistani players were big deals in T20 cricket at the time, and a lot of franchises were built around Pakistani players.

    The way PCB pulled out meant that the franchises could not trust them anymore. If they could do it once they could do it again.

    So they did what anyone else would have done. They built their teams without Pakistani players and they havenít looked back since.

    Their decision has been vindicated. IPL has not suffered at all in terms of status, reputation and viewership without Pakistani players, which pretty much sums up our standing in the game in the previous decade and the lack of stars that we have produced.

    So our players need IPL, or needed IPL before PSL more than the opposite.

    Furthermore, now there is the added complexity of Indian government refusing to play bilateral cricket with Pakistan, so even if some IPL franchises are interesting in getting the likes of Babar, Amir, Shaheen etc., they cannot do much.

    It can also be argued that if PCB did not shoot themselves in the foot in 2009, which meant our players would have played in the IPL for at least 3-4 years if not more, we would have seen some bilateral cricket between the two countries.

    The relationship between PCB and BCCI would have been better, our players would have formed friendships with Indian players and have fan following among Indian fans etc.

    These factors would most likely have helped establish bilateral ties between the two boards.
    I donít dispute everything you have written and you make valid points.

    Focusing on solutions though - there are none currently except maybe pressure being put on ICC for racial discrimination?

  41. #121
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    985
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I donít dispute everything you have written and you make valid points.

    Focusing on solutions though - there are none currently except maybe pressure being put on ICC for racial discrimination?
    The solution is for Pakistan to focus on its own brand of cricket. To make its infrastructure so strong that it does not need Indian money to move forward. We gotta stop having fixation with India and forget this fake rivalry. In order to make that change we need the right people running our cricket.

    Like look at IPL for a second. None of the Indian players join any other leagues and yet you donít see them complaining about not joining other leagues. Why should we care if our players are missing out on one league?

  42. #122
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I agree whole heartedly but Uncle Izaj Butt can no longer be held to account and Wasim Khan is not getting his hand shaken back by India so really come 2020, nothing can be done Iím afraid for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I donít dispute everything you have written and you make valid points.

    Focusing on solutions though - there are none currently except maybe pressure being put on ICC for racial discrimination?
    I agree that there is no use of crying over spilled milk. However, this talk of self-respect that some posters are propagating is nonsense.

    We are not the victims here because we have played a huge role in ensuring the banishment of our players from the IPL.

    Pakistani cricket fans in the UAE should not pay a price for the stupidity of PCB because they are not responsible for it.

    If they have the chance to watch the best players in action they should without worrying about irrational emotional blackmailing of self-respect bla bla.

    As far as solutions are concerned, the problem is that IPL cannot be held accountable for not allowing Pakistani players to play in the competition. There are no legal grounds against which they can be charged.

    They are well within their rights to pick players from any country they want to as long as they are not breaching any laws which they are not. This has now become a moral issue rather than a legal one.

    Ultimately, this situation will not last forever. Bilateral cricket between the two countries will resume at one point and IPL will also open its doors to Pakistani players one day.

    PCB needs to raise the standard of Pakistan cricket to such a extent where IPL has no choice but to pick Pakistani stars to enhance the profile of its league.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Error

    Shazzam and Mamoon - you are both on the same page when it comes to solutions and I agree with both of your last posts.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    There was no sense in blocking players from the IPL when rest of the world was open to coming to India.
    I think for your own safety it's perhaps a safe move.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Tbh even if the ban was for the right reasons, itís been more than a decade and BCCI/Indians should get over it. And PCB should also try to not sabotage the relationship - asking to move Ď11 WC outside India, taking BCCI to court, etc.

    Both the boards need to grow up.
    Leave BCCI, even the franchisees dont want to deal with pakistani players anymore.

    If you are a Ambani or a Maran or a similar billionaire who is rich and powerful, will you like to be held hostage to the whims of some PCB chief?

    Secondly with the relationship that India and Pakistan has, which corporate house will take the risk of a pakistani player spouting venom against India and he being shown on news channels wearing his team's jersey.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    You make some valid points but I ask you to acknowledge that since 2009, we have extended our hand to Indiaís cricket board and IPL and itís not been reciprocated. The issue is no longer a 2009 Pakistan incompetence one but an aggressive and unfriendly one from India.
    You extend your hand when you realise you are the one who is losing while the other side is doing perfectly alright.

    Its not one off, pcb tried to shift the WC out of India in 2011. Then sued BCCI. Now every now and then Ehsan Mani makes not so charitable remarks against Bcci. As long as Mani is pcb incharge there is no chance Bcci will make any efforts to play with pakistan,even if Govt allows it. Mani is not viewed very well in the Bcci.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,564
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You extend your hand when you realise you are the one who is losing while the other side is doing perfectly alright.

    Its not one off, pcb tried to shift the WC out of India in 2011. Then sued BCCI. Now every now and then Ehsan Mani makes not so charitable remarks against Bcci. As long as Mani is pcb incharge there is no chance Bcci will make any efforts to play with pakistan,even if Govt allows it. Mani is not viewed very well in the Bcci.
    The arrogance is so obvious here.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  48. #128
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,100
    Mentioned
    6794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You extend your hand when you realise you are the one who is losing while the other side is doing perfectly alright.
    Well said.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The arrogance is so obvious here.
    I very much agree. Disputes happen between nations, organisations etc but it appears that a grudge is being held so you canít help such a person or organisation.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Well said.

    I disagree and I would be grateful if somebody with knowledge could advise me of ICCís power in this?

    For example, if Manchester United refused to buy French players and a pattern can be seen or there is direct evidence then surely FIFA or UEFA have the power for enforcement action?

    Is the IPL attached in anyway shape or form with the ICC. If not then why?

    If IPL refuse then ICC should not allow its governed nations to play in such tournaments.

    Now I accept that Indian players are not playing in PSL but are they forbidden if it was to happen hypothetically?

    There is a huge anti racism drive in football and I see this in a similar vein. It is direct racial discrimination.

    Now Iím not saying to go cap in hand begging to India but over the coming years, the IPL league may become more prominent than international cricket. Similar as one could argue that champions league is compared to International football. You cannot therefore isolate a nation?

    Money and war is one issue but this falls into a remit that ICC should give an answer about.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,227
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve just done some research and found some interesting articles:

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    ICC essentially (Ehsan Mani himself in 2015) says the ICC cannot make its member countries play one another if the governments do not allow it. Apparently South Africa had sanctions against it from the ICC due to a 1977 gleneagles agreement where the members countries voted for action.

    In short, Pakistan would need the support of all its member countries and thatís unlikely however the safety situation is much improving.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.tim...w/68248317.cms

    It appears that the IPL is aggressively against coming under the ICC banner and will not allow it. In my view the ICC can still take action against the BCCI contracted players for playing in a discriminatory tournament but that would take balls and lots of legal costs.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The arrogance is so obvious here.
    Its the fact. IPL hasnot been affected by loss of pak players.

    Now Mig bro

    Will you truthfully tell me if you support the PCB stand of 2009?

  53. #133
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I disagree and I would be grateful if somebody with knowledge could advise me of ICCís power in this?

    For example, if Manchester United refused to buy French players and a pattern can be seen or there is direct evidence then surely FIFA or UEFA have the power for enforcement action?

    Is the IPL attached in anyway shape or form with the ICC. If not then why?

    If IPL refuse then ICC should not allow its governed nations to play in such tournaments.

    Now I accept that Indian players are not playing in PSL but are they forbidden if it was to happen hypothetically?

    There is a huge anti racism drive in football and I see this in a similar vein. It is direct racial discrimination.

    Now Iím not saying to go cap in hand begging to India but over the coming years, the IPL league may become more prominent than international cricket. Similar as one could argue that champions league is compared to International football. You cannot therefore isolate a nation?

    Money and war is one issue but this falls into a remit that ICC should give an answer about.
    Firstly there is no law that states that players from X country have to be given a job in Y country.

    Pakistanis cannot claim a right nor can ICC say that they have to be given a IPL contract.

    Indian govt has said in the past that they wont give work visas to pakistanis. So there is no chance of them coming to India and playing.

    Yes you can isolate and boycott a nation, has happened and will happen.

    Now foreigner can claim the right to work in a nation, its a privilege not a right.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    Iíve just done some research and found some interesting articles:

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...3fplatform=amp

    ICC essentially (Ehsan Mani himself in 2015) says the ICC cannot make its member countries play one another if the governments do not allow it. Apparently South Africa had sanctions against it from the ICC due to a 1977 gleneagles agreement where the members countries voted for action.

    In short, Pakistan would need the support of all its member countries and thatís unlikely however the safety situation is much improving.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.tim...w/68248317.cms

    It appears that the IPL is aggressively against coming under the ICC banner and will not allow it. In my view the ICC can still take action against the BCCI contracted players for playing in a discriminatory tournament but that would take balls and lots of legal costs.
    What discrimination?

    You are assuming that pakistanis or for that matter any country's citizens have a right to play in the IPL. No they dont.

    IPL isnt run by ICC, just like Bbl cpl psl are not.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You extend your hand when you realise you are the one who is losing while the other side is doing perfectly alright.

    Its not one off, pcb tried to shift the WC out of India in 2011. Then sued BCCI. Now every now and then Ehsan Mani makes not so charitable remarks against Bcci. As long as Mani is pcb incharge there is no chance Bcci will make any efforts to play with pakistan,even if Govt allows it. Mani is not viewed very well in the Bcci.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waq View Post
    I very much agree. Disputes happen between nations, organisations etc but it appears that a grudge is being held so you canít help such a person or organisation.
    It was not a one off thing by pcb.

  56. #136
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,585
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Again, you are being very selective in your application of ďself respectĒ and your selectively is based on your convenience.

    The idea that Pakistanis should miss the chance of watching the best players in the world out of self-respect is total nonsense.

    Watching the likes of Kohli, De Villiers, Rohit, Buttler, Warner etc. live is an experience that cricket fans should not miss because of stupid nationalism.

    BCCI will not miss out on anything if you donít buy a ticket because someone else will. At the end of the day, you will be the only loser in this situation.

    Moreover, I donít think Pakistani players would be playing in IPL in 2019 or 2020 because of the rising anti-Pakistan sentiment under Modi. However, Pakistani players definitely missed out on at least 3-4 seasons of IPL thanks to PCBís shallow arrogance.

    Remember, we toured India in 2012-13 and also played in the WT20 in 2016. Our players would have definitely played in IPL until 2013-2014 at least.

    PCBís stupidity is the only reason why our players only played one season of IPL.
    Clearly, you and I have very different definitions of self-respect. So, it's clearly not a matter of convenience as I clarified in my last post. You were trying to apply the same logic to an inapplicable scenario.

    Well, you and I also have very different definitions of self-respect. Also, self-respect is not a tangible thing, you know that, right? No one is saying that BCCI will financially suffer if Pakistanis do not buy tickets. Again, your definition of loser is quite different to mine. For me, a Pakistani who spends money to watch an IPL game is the loser.

    One season or two, Pakistan was never going to feature in the IPL given the situation between the countries. Regardless of what PCB did, we would still be having this decision.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the Pakistan haters who keep blaming Pakistan for 2009. Pakistan and India were on brink of war. If a war kicked of with Pakistani players in India what would happen to them we all know with Shiv Sena and BJP.

    What is wrong with the statement below and Pakistans decision. Who would allow their countries sportsmen to be in such a risk when even Pakistan artists were facing trouble too in India.



    Pakistan has barred its players from participating in the IPL after its foreign ministry deemed it was unsafe for the cricketers to travel to India in the wake of the November terrorist attacks in Mumbai.


    "We have been informed by the foreign ministry today that the situation is not conducive for Pakistan cricketers to travel to India," sports minister Aftab Jilani told the Associated Press. The sports ministry had last week given clearance to the players to participate in the Indian Twenty20 league, while informing them that their security would be their own and their IPL franchise's responsibility.

    "We [the sports ministry] had given the NOC, but the final decision was up to the government," Jilani said. "Ever since these attacks [in Mumbai] the situation has got tense and even Pakistani artists are facing problems in India."

  58. #138
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then in 2010 when clearly all IPL owners were told not to select Pakistani players they still put them in auction. And you tell me who's in wrong. But people with blind hate like Mamoon and and Joshila will blame Pakistan for every little thing.

    The third IPL auction, held in Mumbai on Tuesday, has been overshadowed by a controversy arising from the fact that not a single Pakistani player of the 11 on the auction list - including several of the World Cup-winning team - was picked up. Pakistan's players have reacted with anger and attributed the blackout to politics; the IPL has said it was the franchises' decision and the franchises have explained it on grounds of cricketing strategy or availability during the tournament.


    Though the players - including proven Twenty20 performers Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir and Umar Gul and emerging talent Mohammed Aamer and Umar Akmal - had been given the go-ahead from the Pakistan government, franchises were said to be wary over whether the strained relations with India would affect their ability to get visas.

    However, the inclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL's final auction list, released on January 6, was on the basis of specific requests received from the franchises - every player on that list had to be officially sought by at least one franchise. It is not clear what changed in the franchises' thinking within two weeks.

    The development has drawn sharp criticism in Pakistan. Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani, the federal sports minister, said he had complained to his Indian counterpart over the incident. "I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," Jakhrani told AFP. "The Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs had given political and security clearance to Pakistani players in time to play. It is indeed a matter of disrespect to the champions of Twenty20 World Cup."

  59. #139
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,278
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhan12 View Post
    For the Pakistan haters who keep blaming Pakistan for 2009. Pakistan and India were on brink of war. If a war kicked of with Pakistani players in India what would happen to them we all know with Shiv Sena and BJP.

    Pakistani team visited India in 2016 just two months after the deadly Panthankot attacks , played the WT20 without any fuss and their captain even issued this statement.

    https://m.economictimes.com/news/spo...w/51380632.cms

    And guess what? It was BJP who were in power. We were not any less closer to a "war" than in 2009.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Carrying on from previous post. No franchise owners were brave enough to speak out except Shahrukh Khan then we know the amount of hate and criticism he got from Shiv Sena and others.

    Lamenting the snub that the Pakistani player received in the January 19 auction, Shah Rukh said they should have been welcomed.

    "If there was any issue, that could have been solved in a fairly, nice manner. I believe my country stands for democracy and goodness and we should invite everyone.

    "I never involve myself in politics -- in films or in sports. We are a wonderful democratic, happy an secular country and that's how it should be," he said.

    Sympathy continued to pour in for the snubbed Pakistani cricketers as Sports Minister MS Gill today advised the IPL authorities to learn from the auction "fiasco" and hoped that players from across the border would get a chance to play in the T20 event.

    "I truly believe they (Pakistan playeers) should have been chosen," Khan, co-owner of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), said.

    Khan however said that since "some issues" were involved the matter could have been handled by the IPL "respectfully".
    Khan said it was humiliating to him as a KKR owner that no one bid for the Pakistani players despite them being put up for auction.

    "We are known to invite everyone. We should have. If there were any issues, they should have been put on board earlier. Everything can happen respectfully," he said.

    Indian Premier League (IPL) team owners have so far denied in one voice that they deliberately did not bid for Pakistani players during the auction in Mumbai on January 19.

    Now a prominent member has broken rank and voiced his opposition to how the entire matter was handled.

    Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan has admitted that the entire matter left a sour taste in the mouth.
    But now King Khan has chosen not to toe the line.

    "They are the champions, they are wonderful but somewhere down the line there is an issue and we can't deny it. We are known to invite everyone. We should have. If there were any issues, they should have been put on board earlier. Everything can happen respectfully," he told a news channel.

    Shah Rukh's statement is bound to ruffle the feathers of other team owners, who have been defending their decision to give the Pakistanis a miss unapologetically.

    "I truly believe that they should have been chosen. As a matter of fact, I'm not going to be the one who is opposite from what everyone else is saying but I wanted Abdul Razzaq. I think it was in the newspapers much earlier than even the auction started. Dada (Sourav Ganguly) was very keen."

    "I am not giving an excuse and I truly believe Pakistani players are the best T20 players in the world. They are the champions. They are wonderful. But somewhere down the line there is an issue and we cannot deny it," he said. "There is an issue, we cannot keep saying 'Oh this was wrong'. Yes maybe the way it was done was wrong, the way it is being carried out may be wrong. But you can't keep on saying Koi issue nahi hai yaar, woh aa jate (There isn't any issue, they could have come). There is an issue, let's not deny it.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Pakistani team visited India in 2016 just two months after the deadly Panthankot attacks , played the WT20 without any fuss and their captain even issued this statement.

    https://m.economictimes.com/news/spo...w/51380632.cms

    And guess what? It was BJP who were in power. We were not any less closer to a "war" than in 2009.
    The situation after Mumbai attack was completely different to the situation in 2016. I live in Kashmir so we know the situation and how close to war we was after the Mumbai attack. Their was border stand off and I can't say for the Indian side but here Pakistan army were all ready and their wasn't such a situation I seen here. Once after Mumbai attacks and one last year when Abhi got captured.

    And World Cup is a ICC event so India couldn't do nothing stop Pakistan playing in India. While IPL is run by India they can. Reason why no bilateral series played since.
    Pakistan has no issues traveling to India but the security situation, the tension and border stand off plus risk of war how can they gone when even Pakistan artists where having problems who were their. Its common sense. But no its Pakistans fault. With all threats they should sent their players in risk.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And this is what happens to you when you speak the truth.


    Bollywood's badshaah Shah Rukh Khan, who has been under fire from the Shiv Sena for favouring Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL), on Saturday said he didn't owe an apology to the party but was not seeking a "confrontation" either.


    "I do not want any confrontation. I am trying to explain myself on every platform," said Khan at a press conference in Mumbai. In an interview to a TV channel, he said," I have not said anything that is anti-national."

    After being defiant for days, Shah Rukh made the conciliatory remarks -- "If he (Bal Thackeray) wants me to meet him, I will do that" -- when he returned from London and was mobbed at the airport by the media seeking his reaction to the Shiv Sena's tirade against him.


    The Shiv Sena has threatened to ban his upcoming release, My Name Is Khan, in Mumbai theatres for his remarks and sought an apology from him. Posters and banners of the movie have been torn.


    "I have been misunderstood. Let's talk it out. I haven't said anything wrong. I have said what every Indian would have. Today what I am is because of Mumbai. Mumbai has given me everything, my nation has given me everything," Shah Rukh said at the airport.

    "How can I belong to any other nation?," he added.

    Asked if he would go and meet Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray over the issue, Shah Rukh said: "I enjoy Bala Saheb-ji's company. He is a senior leader. I have been at his place many times, and if he wants me to meet him, I will do that."


    Earlier, Shah Rukh and Kajol came out of the airport separately. Shah Rukh was accompanied by a posse of police personnel and his own private guards, an airport official said.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhan12 View Post
    Then in 2010 when clearly all IPL owners were told not to select Pakistani players they still put them in auction. And you tell me who's in wrong. But people with blind hate like Mamoon and and Joshila will blame Pakistan for every little thing.

    The third IPL auction, held in Mumbai on Tuesday, has been overshadowed by a controversy arising from the fact that not a single Pakistani player of the 11 on the auction list - including several of the World Cup-winning team - was picked up. Pakistan's players have reacted with anger and attributed the blackout to politics; the IPL has said it was the franchises' decision and the franchises have explained it on grounds of cricketing strategy or availability during the tournament.


    Though the players - including proven Twenty20 performers Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir and Umar Gul and emerging talent Mohammed Aamer and Umar Akmal - had been given the go-ahead from the Pakistan government, franchises were said to be wary over whether the strained relations with India would affect their ability to get visas.

    However, the inclusion of Pakistani players in the IPL's final auction list, released on January 6, was on the basis of specific requests received from the franchises - every player on that list had to be officially sought by at least one franchise. It is not clear what changed in the franchises' thinking within two weeks.

    The development has drawn sharp criticism in Pakistan. Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani, the federal sports minister, said he had complained to his Indian counterpart over the incident. "I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," Jakhrani told AFP. "The Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs had given political and security clearance to Pakistani players in time to play. It is indeed a matter of disrespect to the champions of Twenty20 World Cup."
    2009 Pakistanis thought it was not worth coming to India. Well thats their decision.

    2010- Indians decided that pakistanis wont play in IPL. Thats their decision.

    Respect both.

    IPL isnt Pakistan's party, where they will come and go as they wish.


    Pakistan boycotted the IPL because India refused to tour pakistan in 2008 and PCB thought they could arm twist Bcci by blocking the players. Guess what, it backfired.

    2010 franchisees were told that selection of Pakistani players were to be done at their own risk as they bcci cannot guarantee their participation.

  64. #144
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    477
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    2009 Pakistanis thought it was not worth coming to India. Well thats their decision.

    2010- Indians decided that pakistanis wont play in IPL. Thats their decision.

    Respect both.

    IPL isnt Pakistan's party, where they will come and go as they wish.


    Pakistan boycotted the IPL because India refused to tour pakistan in 2008 and PCB thought they could arm twist Bcci by blocking the players. Guess what, it backfired.

    2010 franchisees were told that selection of Pakistani players were to be done at their own risk as they bcci cannot guarantee their participation.

    Yes I respect both decisions but it's haters like you that won't listen to any word against India. Everything is Pakistans fault for you.

    And I watch IPL and I can admit quality of cricket is better then PSL but won't take nonsense from you and Mamoon with your anti-Pakistan agenda.

    Your comment about Pakistan boycotted the IPL because India refused to tour Pakistan in 2008 is just bullocks. Just to back India you and few others will come up with anything and random theories and stories.

    Keep it up can't be asked debating with people like you and Mamoon.
    Last edited by The Viper; 22nd September 2020 at 18:24.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,883
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Well, off the top of my, maybe because they've outright banned your country's players from the tournament? And that your purchase of a ticket will directly benefit the same board?

    "You are not allowed to play with us"
    "oh okay but can we watch? We'll even pay!"

    Pathetic.
    Cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan for me. So I really don't care if Pakistan players play in the IPL or not.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    15,102
    Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why did BCCI invite Pakistan for 'Aane Do' series after snubbing Pak players in IPL? I am sure that series happened after that snubbing? Why didn't BCCI play a bilateral series against Pakistan in UAE where they hosted their IPL also? Can any joshila, samosa, breadpakoda here explain this hypocrisy?

  67. #147
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,233
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lover of cricket as a whole would attend but fans who only love watching Pak team wont. So it really depends on individual. I must admit that I personally would not bother watching a match not involving Indian players. But there are many who are fans of cricket as a sport irrespective of the nationality of players playing. They would surely attend if IPL was open to public because not often you get to see such high quality cricket and galaxy of global superstars.

  68. #148
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,585
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan for me. So I really don't care if Pakistan players play in the IPL or not.
    Maybe you should've prefaced your response with that because it's quite logical to assume that when a question is directly asked of Pakistanis, their involvement of cricket does revolve around Pakistan.

    But yours is totally fair point.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,883
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Maybe you should've prefaced your response with that because it's quite logical to assume that when a question is directly asked of Pakistanis, their involvement of cricket does revolve around Pakistan.

    But yours is totally fair point.
    I'm a Pakistan fan and I am telling you cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan for me. For other fans it maybe different but for me cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan. These days I am more entertained by watching other teams than I am watching Pakistan.

  70. #150
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    17,608
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Why did BCCI invite Pakistan for 'Aane Do' series after snubbing Pak players in IPL? I am sure that series happened after that snubbing? Why didn't BCCI play a bilateral series against Pakistan in UAE where they hosted their IPL also? Can any joshila, samosa, breadpakoda here explain this hypocrisy?
    By Johsila's logic BCCI was the one loosing at that time that is why they extended their hand. Supposedly for any deal to happen or sports team touring each other there has to be someone already loosing to be extending the hand and people, communities or sporting bodies can never shake hands for mutual benefits.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    985
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I'm a Pakistan fan and I am telling you cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan for me. For other fans it maybe different but for me cricket doesn't revolve around Pakistan. These days I am more entertained by watching other teams than I am watching Pakistan.
    Same here. I love the sport. Donít care whose playing it as long as its good cricket.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    139,564
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Even as person who loves the sport - I cannot see myself going to more than one game given the fact that I have no interest in any of the teams.

    Also it runs for far too long.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    By Johsila's logic BCCI was the one loosing at that time that is why they extended their hand. Supposedly for any deal to happen or sports team touring each other there has to be someone already loosing to be extending the hand and people, communities or sporting bodies can never shake hands for mutual benefits.
    Do read up on the entire sequence of events before that series. Zaka Ashraf was running to Bcci regularly to start bilateral cricket. He even agreed to play in India in the hope that it will break the ice and India will tour pakistan or play in UAE.

    There was even an interview of his where he said this.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Even as person who loves the sport - I cannot see myself going to more than one game given the fact that I have no interest in any of the teams.

    Also it runs for far too long.
    Thats perfectly understandable. You have no link to the teams, no players to support.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,938
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some craze among Indian expats in Dubai regards to IPL. My fiancťe was looking forward to attend some games in Dubai but couldnít due to restrictions. UAE might allow some fans in later half of the IPL.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I were a Pakistani and IPL was happening near me here in the US, I would probably go and watch a game in non-covid times. At times, one does get starved of desi entertainment in a foreign country. Also, I hardly follow any other sport.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    17,608
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Do read up on the entire sequence of events before that series. Zaka Ashraf was running to Bcci regularly to start bilateral cricket. He even agreed to play in India in the hope that it will break the ice and India will tour pakistan or play in UAE.

    There was even an interview of his where he said this.
    Why did BCCI agreed for the series at that time?

  78. #158
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,938
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    If I were a Pakistani and IPL was happening near me here in the US, I would probably go and watch a game in non-covid times. At times, one does get starved of desi entertainment in a foreign country. Also, I hardly follow any other sport.
    North American based fans are not so fortunate when it comes to watching live cricket.

  79. #159
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,265
    Mentioned
    1813 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Why did BCCI agreed for the series at that time?
    Because the then govt asked them to.

    And the govt received wide spread criticism for it.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    632
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd probably go for an odd match if passing through...but being a Pak fan, would love to see some pakistani representation there...for me that would be an added incentive.
    As for the politics side of IPL, dont really care.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •