Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally speaking, I would not attend a single game of PSL even if its in my city. It has nothing to do with politics but bcoz I am an Indian cricket fan and not necessarily a fan of cricket as a sport (which is a boring game if I can be honest). And if I have to pay to watch a game not inlcuding Indian players, never I would do it. I once attended NZ vs Eng T20 in Oval bcoz my friends forced me and I was bored to death. So I totally understand if Pak fans not attending IPL as there is no connection.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Personally speaking, I would not attend a single game of PSL even if its in my city. It has nothing to do with politics but bcoz I am an Indian cricket fan and not necessarily a fan of cricket as a sport (which is a boring game if I can be honest). And if I have to pay to watch a game not inlcuding Indian players, never I would do it. I once attended NZ vs Eng T20 in Oval bcoz my friends forced me and I was bored to death. So I totally understand if Pak fans not attending IPL as there is no connection.
    Thats quite strange. As a fan of the game I dont think id ever be bored to death at a neutral match.

For instance I do find the IPL as a whole boring overall for similar reasons you mention such as no connection...but a yorker that sends the stumps crashing or a 6 out of the ground will always get me excited.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Because the then govt asked them to.

And the govt received wide spread criticism for it.
    My point is that tour happened because mutual interests were involved related to diplomacy, cricket etc. Which is the case with most series between Pak and Ind now a days. If PCB wanted revival of cricketing ties, it doesn’t necessarily mean someone is struggling to extend the hand. If any board which benefited financially from 2012 series, it was BCCI the hosting board. Pakistan naturally expected a corresponding tour from Indian team but that never happened.

Anyways, I dont think it matter much to even fans now if the bilateral ties resume or not. However, someone extending the hand doesnt mean someone is in weak spot (PCB is financially in a pretty decent position), it can be a wider vision to look at things which clearly shows strategic differences should not impact sports and other things. Pakistan showed that in 2012 by touring India and having no financial benefit from that and that too without any official commitment from BCCI to tour (Indian fans and BCCI has also said do).

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Thats quite strange. As a fan of the game I dont think id ever be bored to death at a neutral match.

For instance I do find the IPL as a whole boring overall for similar reasons you mention such as no connection...but a yorker that sends the stumps crashing or a 6 out of the ground will always get me excited.
    You may watch a couple of games. But overall you will not follow it as you have no connect.

But if there was a pakistani playing, you would probably log in to check his teams matches.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your a real cricket fan you would watch it. One of my favourite summer past times in the UK is going to watch local league matches, most of the time you wouldn't know any of the players, or even the score, but its great to watch the raw technical aspects of the game. I would have no problem watching any IPL games as a pakistani.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was never big on cricket outside Pakistan cricket team, mainly due to the length of the sport. If cricket, particularity T20 league cricket, was like soccer leagues, including the champions league, then i would probably watch other t20 leagues like the IPL.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you wouldn't want to watch a knock like KL Rahul just played , I don't understand why you are a cricket fan.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I probably enjoy watching cricket more as a neutral. I can be more rational and enjoy the show as it happens, not as I wish it was happening.