Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Future squad of Pakistan in all three formats

    T20 (for 2021 WC) --

    1. Babar Azam (c) 12. M. Amir
    2. Sharjeel Khan 13. Usama Mir
    3. Kamran Akmal (wk) 14. M. Hasnain
    4. Haider Ali 15. Ali imran
    5. Hafeez
    6. Khushdil Shah
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Wahab Riaz
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

    ODI ( Keeping 2023 WC in view) --

    1. Imam ul Haq 12. Ali Imran
    2. Abdullah Shafique 13. Hasan Mohsin
    3. Babar Azam (c) 14. Usama Mir
    4. Haider Ali 15. M. Hasnain
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Mohammad Haris (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Qasim Akram
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. M. Amir

    TEST ( Keeping the next WTC cycle in view) --

    1. Imran Butt
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Abdullah Shafique
    4. Babar Azam (c)
    5. Haider Ali
    6. Shadab Khan
    7. M. Rizwan (wk) (vc)
    8. Zafar Gohar / F. Ashraf (based on conditions)
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Naseem shah
    11. Usman shinwari

    12. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    13. Saud Shakeel
    14. Mir Hamza ( for tour of Eng & NZ )
    15. Haris Rauf ( for tour of AUS & SA )
    16. Bilal Asif
    17. Imam ul Haq.

    Apart from this need to keep close eye on

    1. Omair bin yousaf
    2. Zeeshan Malik
    3. M. Hurraira
    4. Qasim Akram ( only first class for test squad )
    Last edited by pratapj5; 20th September 2020 at 18:36.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    17,600
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice squads and decent research regarding the upcoming players.

    Few things I would change are:

    1) If Amir is fit and in rhythm, will take him over Rauf in the T20 lineup.

    2) Will include Hassan Ali over one of Ali Imran or Hassan Mohsin (Depending upon development stage of both). Ali Imran and Hasan Mohsin can be 6th bowling option but not good enough as 5th as of now and I am not sure its gonna change much in future. Hassan can be handy on the low bounce wickets of India and can also provide bit of pinch hitting power down the order.

    3) Further as per my understanding of Qasim Akram and little I have seen him play he is a batting all rounder who bowls good off spin, if develops well can be a really good 6th option and can only be a 5th option if there is a sixth option available. He is good but not good enough of be the sole 5th option currently. So Khushdil will have to support or another batting all rounder will be required in the XI.

    4) Usama Mir is good but maybe I would be inclined towards Zafar Gohar for the WC 23 lineup as it gives left arm spin variety to the squad.

    5) For Aus and SA tests, I would like atleast one more tall bowler in the squad. Probably Hasnain would have developed by the next cycle, also Sameen Gul and Ehsan Adil can be options. Also someone like Arshad Iqbal (who hits the deck hard) can be pretty handy on those surfaces.

    Overall some really good names but, all depends upon how some of these upcoming guys develop in next couple of years.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    126
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan squad for test series
    Imam ul Haq Mohammad Abas Usman Sallhudin Zeeshan Malik
    Abdullah Shafique Shaheenshah
    Sami Aslam Naseem Shah
    Babar Azam(C) Hasan Ali
    Hyder Ali Mohammad Rizwan
    Haris Sohail Umar khan
    Saud Shakeel Zafar Gowhar
    Pakistan squad for ODI Series
    Imam ul haq Saud Shakeel
    Hyder Ali Rohail Nazir
    Babar Azam (C) Zeeshan Malik
    Haris Sohail Imaad Wasim
    Saif Badar Shadab Khan
    Zeeshan Ashraf Mohammad Hasnain
    Mohammad Amir Shaheenshah
    Naseem Shah Mohammad Mosa
    Pakistan squad for T20's
    Sharjeel Khan Shadab khan
    Babar Azam Mohammad Hasnain
    Hyder Ali Aqib Javeed
    Zeeshan Ashraf Haris Rauf
    Saif Badar Mohammad mosa
    Khushdil Shah Umar khan
    Imaad Wasim (C) Amad Bhat
    Test playing eleven
    Sami Aslam ............... T20 playing eleven.........
    Imam ul haq Sharjeel khan
    Haris Sohail Babar Azam ©
    Babar Azam© Hyder Ali
    Usman Sallahudin Saif Badar
    Saud Shakeel khushdil Shah
    Mohamad Rizwan[wk] Zeeshan Ashraf (wk)
    Zaffar Gowhar Shadab Khan
    Hasan Ali Imaad Wasim
    Mohammad Abas Haris Rauf
    Shaheenshah Shaheenshah
    ...... ODI squad... Mohamad Hasnain
    Imam ul Haq
    Zeeshan Malik
    Babar Azam ©
    Hyder Ali
    Haris Sohail
    Saif Badar
    Zeeshan Ashraf(wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Shaheenshah
    Mohamad Musa
    Mohamad Hasnain

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For t20 2021 wc

    Sharjeel
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haider ali
    Khushdil shah
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Shadab
    Harris rauf
    Shaheen
    Husnain
    Amir
    Zeeshan Ashraf WK
    Umer khan
    Wahab

    Odis 2023 WC
    Imaam ul haq
    Zeeshan malik
    Babar
    Haider
    Khusdhil
    Muhammed harris wk
    Qasim akram
    Shadab
    Hassan mohsin
    Umer khan
    Shaheen
    Husnain
    Harris rauf
    Akif javed
    Rohail nazir wk
    Last edited by shamaan; 21st September 2020 at 01:07.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tests
    imran butt
    Sami aslam
    Shan masood
    Babar
    Haider
    Rizwan
    Shadab
    Abdullah shafique
    Gohar
    Fahim Ashraf
    Shaheen
    Naseem
    Rohail
    Akif javed
    Rauf
    Umer khan
    Zeeshan malik

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    376
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy thread


    Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,821
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Waste of time as Malik Hafeez Shafiq Azhar etc will be around for another 2 years.

    Ifti has cheated on his age big time and so will be on the radar for selection for the next decade I am afraid.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players who have missed out
    In t20s
    Kamran akmal
    Osama mir
    Ali imran

    Players who I have included
    Umer khan similar to imad
    Zeeshan Ashraf need to look for future mo Harris close.


    Players who missed out odis
    Abdullah shafique
    Ali imran
    Osama mir
    Muhammed Harruira

    Players who I have included
    Zeeshan Malik more attacking than Abdullah shafique I belive
    Qasim akram decent all rounder
    Muhammed harris hard hitting keeper batesman
    Akif javed defo has the talent swings the ball both ways decent pace

    Tests

    Players who I have included
    Zeeshan malik good squad player for tests
    Rohail good back up keeper to rizwan

    The players who I havent included are
    Omair bin yousuf could potentially replace shan or zeeshan malik.
    Muhammed hurraira

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Amir is not in playing 11 bcos u need a right hand bowler for
    variety. Although he is in the squad.

    2. Ali Imran is a proper batsman & I have picked him as a back up
    opener as he has ability to play positively with good technique.

    3. Hasan mohsin I agree needs to be developed into a proper 5th
    bowler who can give u 10 overs. Hence he is in squad but not
    in 11. But he can play as a proper batsman in middle order
    hence he can give u multiple roles.

    4 Zafar Gohar is good choice for tests but I think he can be one
    dimensional in limited overs cricket. Usama Mir brings a bit of
    mystery as well as more wicket taking option.

    5. Qasim Akram has come in place of Imad Wasim and not
    khushdil Shah.

    6. Sami Gul & ehsan Adil don't have the pace to be successful in
    aus. And hasnain iam not sure about his ability in long format.
    Have to see him in first class.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is Qasim Akram being selected after one interview by Ijaz Ahmed? At least let him make his list A and first class debut

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Why is Qasim Akram being selected after one interview by Ijaz Ahmed? At least let him make his list A and first class debut

    Not after ijaz ahmed's comments.
    U have to look at the team dynamics & see which player can fit in the vacant place.
    Imad Wasim as a bowler in Odi is not a wicket taking option & is too one dimensional for a spinner.
    Qasim Akram at 8 gives good batting depth as well as good bowling option. Plus brings a variety in bowling attack with his off spin.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    For t20 2021 wc

    Sharjeel
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haider ali
    Khushdil shah
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Shadab
    Harris rauf
    Shaheen
    Husnain
    Amir
    Zeeshan Ashraf WK
    Umer khan
    Wahab

    Odis 2023 WC
    Imaam ul haq
    Zeeshan malik
    Babar
    Haider
    Khusdhil
    Muhammed harris wk
    Qasim akram
    Shadab
    Hassan mohsin
    Umer khan
    Shaheen
    Husnain
    Harris rauf
    Akif javed
    Rohail nazir wk

    Zeeshan Malik good future prospect but still needs to develop a little bit. Needs a breakthrough year in first class.
    I would be inclined to go with Abdullah shafique & after 1-2 yrs bring Malik as back up.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Nice squads and decent research regarding the upcoming players.

    Few things I would change are:

    1) If Amir is fit and in rhythm, will take him over Rauf in the T20 lineup.

    2) Will include Hassan Ali over one of Ali Imran or Hassan Mohsin (Depending upon development stage of both). Ali Imran and Hasan Mohsin can be 6th bowling option but not good enough as 5th as of now and I am not sure its gonna change much in future. Hassan can be handy on the low bounce wickets of India and can also provide bit of pinch hitting power down the order.

    3) Further as per my understanding of Qasim Akram and little I have seen him play he is a batting all rounder who bowls good off spin, if develops well can be a really good 6th option and can only be a 5th option if there is a sixth option available. He is good but not good enough of be the sole 5th option currently. So Khushdil will have to support or another batting all rounder will be required in the XI.

    4) Usama Mir is good but maybe I would be inclined towards Zafar Gohar for the WC 23 lineup as it gives left arm spin variety to the squad.

    5) For Aus and SA tests, I would like atleast one more tall bowler in the squad. Probably Hasnain would have developed by the next cycle, also Sameen Gul and Ehsan Adil can be options. Also someone like Arshad Iqbal (who hits the deck hard) can be pretty handy on those surfaces.

    Overall some really good names but, all depends upon how some of these upcoming guys develop in next couple of years.

    1. Amir is not in playing 11 bcos u need a right hand bowler for
    variety. Although he is in the squad.

    2. Ali Imran is a proper batsman & I have picked him as a back up
    opener as he has ability to play positively with good technique.

    3. Hasan mohsin I agree needs to be developed into a proper 5th
    bowler who can give u 10 overs. Hence he is in squad but not
    in 11. But he can play as a proper batsman in middle order
    hence he can give u multiple roles.

    4 Zafar Gohar is good choice for tests but I think he can be one
    dimensional in limited overs cricket. Usama Mir brings a bit of
    mystery as well as more wicket taking option.

    5. Qasim Akram has come in place of Imad Wasim and not
    khushdil Shah.

    6. Sami Gul & ehsan Adil don't have the pace to be successful in
    aus. And hasnain iam not sure about his ability in long format.
    Have to see him in first class.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    Zeeshan Malik good future prospect but still needs to develop a little bit. Needs a breakthrough year in first class.
    I would be inclined to go with Abdullah shafique & after 1-2 yrs bring Malik as back up.
    Abdullah shafique hasnt played much in any format baring the one I belive.zeeshan Malik has decent strike rate and decent average in list A he seems more suited to odis than Abdullah

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My starting xi

    T20s

    Sharjeel
    Babar
    Haider
    Zeeshan Ashraf
    Hafeez
    Khushdil
    Imad
    Shadab
    Shaheen
    Wahab
    Rauf

    Amir
    Husnain
    Umer
    Fakhar

    Odis
    Imaam ul haq
    Zeeshan malik
    Babar
    Haider ali
    Qasim akram
    Muhammed Harris
    Khusdhil
    Shadab
    Shaheen
    Akif
    Rauf

    10 overs between khaudhil and qasim akram
    First 3 set the base

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tests

    Imran butt
    Shan masood
    Babar
    Abdullah shafique
    Haider ali
    Rizwan
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Shaheen
    Naseem
    Gohar or akif depending on conditions

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    204
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    T20 (for 2021 WC) --

    1. Babar Azam (c) 12. M. Amir
    2. Sharjeel Khan 13. Usama Mir
    3. Kamran Akmal (wk) 14. M. Hasnain
    4. Haider Ali 15. Ali imran
    5. Hafeez
    6. Khushdil Shah
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Wahab Riaz
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

    ODI ( Keeping 2023 WC in view) --

    1. Imam ul Haq 12. Ali Imran
    2. Abdullah Shafique 13. Hasan Mohsin
    3. Babar Azam (c) 14. Usama Mir
    4. Haider Ali 15. M. Hasnain
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Mohammad Haris (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Qasim Akram
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. M. Amir

    TEST ( Keeping the next WTC cycle in view) --

    1. Imran Butt
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Abdullah Shafique
    4. Babar Azam (c)
    5. Haider Ali
    6. Shadab Khan
    7. M. Rizwan (wk) (vc)
    8. Zafar Gohar / F. Ashraf (based on conditions)
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Naseem shah
    11. Usman shinwari

    12. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    13. Saud Shakeel
    14. Mir Hamza ( for tour of Eng & NZ )
    15. Haris Rauf ( for tour of AUS & SA )
    16. Bilal Asif
    17. Imam ul Haq.

    Apart from this need to keep close eye on

    1. Omair bin yousaf
    2. Zeeshan Malik
    3. M. Hurraira
    4. Qasim Akram ( only first class for test squad )
    I don't know what fascination pakistani's have players who have fixed games in their career, allowing Amir back was a mistake & we shouldn't repeat it again.
    Last edited by ChTab; 21st September 2020 at 04:17.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    204
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    T20 (for 2021 WC) --

    1. Babar Azam (c) 12. M. Amir
    2. Sharjeel Khan 13. Usama Mir
    3. Kamran Akmal (wk) 14. M. Hasnain
    4. Haider Ali 15. Ali imran
    5. Hafeez
    6. Khushdil Shah
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Wahab Riaz
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. Shaheen Afridi

    ODI ( Keeping 2023 WC in view) --

    1. Imam ul Haq 12. Ali Imran
    2. Abdullah Shafique 13. Hasan Mohsin
    3. Babar Azam (c) 14. Usama Mir
    4. Haider Ali 15. M. Hasnain
    5. Khushdil Shah
    6. Mohammad Haris (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan (vc)
    8. Qasim Akram
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Haris Rauf
    11. M. Amir

    TEST ( Keeping the next WTC cycle in view) --

    1. Imran Butt
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Abdullah Shafique
    4. Babar Azam (c)
    5. Haider Ali
    6. Shadab Khan
    7. M. Rizwan (wk) (vc)
    8. Zafar Gohar / F. Ashraf (based on conditions)
    9. Shaheen Afridi
    10. Naseem shah
    11. Usman shinwari

    12. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    13. Saud Shakeel
    14. Mir Hamza ( for tour of Eng & NZ )
    15. Haris Rauf ( for tour of AUS & SA )
    16. Bilal Asif
    17. Imam ul Haq.

    Apart from this need to keep close eye on

    1. Omair bin yousaf
    2. Zeeshan Malik
    3. M. Hurraira
    4. Qasim Akram ( only first class for test squad )
    Why would you want a 39 years old as a keeper bad idea, Rizwan should be the keeper inall formats whether he can bat or not.
    Think we should get rid of fixers once & for all no need for Sharjeel in team.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Why would you want a 39 years old as a keeper bad idea, Rizwan should be the keeper inall formats whether he can bat or not.
    Think we should get rid of fixers once & for all no need for Sharjeel in team.
    Rohail Nazir is a much better first-choice keeper for Pakistan in T20s and backup to Rizwan in ODI and Tests.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Why would you want a 39 years old as a keeper bad idea, Rizwan should be the keeper inall formats whether he can bat or not.
    Think we should get rid of fixers once & for all no need for Sharjeel in team.
    Rizwan isnt good enough as a Bateman you literally wasting a spot if hes going to come in at at 6


  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Rohail Nazir is a much better first-choice keeper for Pakistan in T20s and backup to Rizwan in ODI and Tests.
    Rohail need to work on his power game we require a player who can get quick runs

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Rohail need to work on his power game we require a player who can get quick runs
    Heís been working on it and has decent performances in National T20 Cup as well as PSL. His lack of power game is a myth. He might not be at Haider Aliís level or Khushdil Shah but he has a better power game than Rizwan.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    He’s been working on it and has decent performances in National T20 Cup as well as PSL. His lack of power game is a myth. He might not be at Haider Ali’s level or Khushdil Shah but he has a better power game than Rizwan:
    Yes I belive hes working with the coach the same one as shan masood had.so has he got the power game hes been working on it ? His power game is a myth ? Anyone has a better power game than rizwan tbh no disrespect to him
    Last edited by shamaan; 21st September 2020 at 05:02.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    4,779
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Yes I belive hes working with the coach the same one as shan masood had.so has he got the power game hes been working on it ? His power game is a myth ? Anyone has a better power game than rizwan tbh no disrespect to him
    Better than Rizwan is all we need. No other options. Kamran is 39 (meaning 42) and aside from his 100 in PSL it was a bad season for him. Muhammad Haris is too raw and untested.

    So Rohail is the number one option.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Better than Rizwan is all we need. No other options. Kamran is 39 (meaning 42) and aside from his 100 in PSL it was a bad season for him. Muhammad Haris is too raw and untested.

    So Rohail is the number one option.
    Zeeshan Ashraf,umar saddique,bismiallah khan ?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    15,500
    Mentioned
    2425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I only care about the Test squad. I would use the 20 and 50 over squads at full strength only in World Cups: the rest of the time I'd use them to groom the next generation of Test players.

    My 2021-23 World Test Championship squad is:

    1. Shan Masood (short-term skipper)
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Mohammad Rizwan (not keeping)
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Haider Ali
    6. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf (SENA) / 12. Zafar Gohar (Asia)
    9. Hasan Ali (SENA) / 13. Sajid Khan (Asia)
    10. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    11. Naseem Shah

    14. Imam-ul-Haq
    15. Abdullah Shafique
    16. Saud Shakeel
    17. Sameen Gul
    18. Haris Rauf
    19. Ehsan Adil

    I think that's a well-balanced squad. Shan Masood is the only player the wrong side of thirty currently.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Tests

    Imran butt
    Shan masood
    Babar
    Abdullah shafique
    Haider ali
    Rizwan
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Shaheen
    Naseem
    Gohar or akif depending on conditions
    Why unnecessary tinkering with ur best batsman.
    Babar is set at 4. I would probably go with Abdullah shafique at 3.
    Akif still has a long way to go and has to prove in first class. Usman shinwari would be a better choice with his first class experience and he also brings variety to the attack with his hit the deck bowling.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    My starting xi

    T20s

    Sharjeel
    Babar
    Haider
    Zeeshan Ashraf
    Hafeez
    Khushdil
    Imad
    Shadab
    Shaheen
    Wahab
    Rauf

    Amir
    Husnain
    Umer
    Fakhar

    Odis
    Imaam ul haq
    Zeeshan malik
    Babar
    Haider ali
    Qasim akram
    Muhammed Harris
    Khusdhil
    Shadab
    Shaheen
    Akif
    Rauf

    10 overs between khaudhil and qasim akram
    First 3 set the base
    I would much rather go with kamran akmal as wk batsman at 3 instead of Zeeshan Ashraf till 2021 WC and see how Zeeshan or Rohail or Mohammad Haris progress till then. And I would not give fakhar zaman another chance instead I would pick Ali Imran as back up opener.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2020
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Why would you want a 39 years old as a keeper bad idea, Rizwan should be the keeper inall formats whether he can bat or not.
    Think we should get rid of fixers once & for all no need for Sharjeel in team.
    I have picked kamran akmal for short term period till 2021 WC as Pak doesn't have better wk batsman than kami at the moment. Post WC they should see how have Rohail Nazir or Zeeshan Ashraf or Mohammad Haris progressed. And pick one among them accordingly.

    Rizwan is perfect for tests but not a good option for limited overs cricket as u need positive , aggressive , dynamic batsman Wk in limited overs.
    Rizwan lacks that power hitting or match changing ability in Odi & T20 cricket.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    632
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You killed it for me with Kamran Akmal...i stopped reading after that.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,785
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    Not after ijaz ahmed's comments.
    U have to look at the team dynamics & see which player can fit in the vacant place.
    Imad Wasim as a bowler in Odi is not a wicket taking option & is too one dimensional for a spinner.
    Qasim Akram at 8 gives good batting depth as well as good bowling option. Plus brings a variety in bowling attack with his off spin.
    Qasim is not a No 8, he is a better batsman than bowler lol, he should be batting at 4-5


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,785
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anyway ideally won't mind something like this for ODIs

    1) Imam ul Haq
    2) Zeeshan Malik
    3) Babar Azam (c)
    4) Haider Ali
    5) Qasim Akram
    6) Khushdil Shah
    7) Mohammad Haris (wk)
    8) Shadab Khan
    9) Shaheen Afridi
    10) Nasim Shah
    11) Hasnain / Akif / Hasan / Rauf

    12) Zafar Gohar

    The only guy I have doubts on is Khushdil, whether he can replicate his domestic performances at international level, if he does so InshaAllah, that'll be great because he'll solve the hitter problem while also being the 6th bowler, the other option if that plan fails would be to bat Shadab at 6 and get Gohar in at 8, although that would be a slightly bigger tail than I'd like.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    Why unnecessary tinkering with ur best batsman.
    Babar is set at 4. I would probably go with Abdullah shafique at 3.
    Akif still has a long way to go and has to prove in first class. Usman shinwari would be a better choice with his first class experience and he also brings variety to the attack with his hit the deck bowling.
    Abdullah shafique is not that experienced hence why I rather play him at 4 then see how he goes.babar will be established at that time he eont have the fear of failure.

    If we going to play naseem as first change then I'd have akif javed as oppening the spell due to having the ability to move the ball

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratapj5 View Post
    I would much rather go with kamran akmal as wk batsman at 3 instead of Zeeshan Ashraf till 2021 WC and see how Zeeshan or Rohail or Mohammad Haris progress till then. And I would not give fakhar zaman another chance instead I would pick Ali Imran as back up opener.
    Kamran akmal I belive only had 1 good performance in the psl I maybe wrong thou also his wicket keeping wasnt that good .i havent heard much of ali imran hence why I havent included him

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Anyway ideally won't mind something like this for ODIs

    1) Imam ul Haq
    2) Zeeshan Malik
    3) Babar Azam (c)
    4) Haider Ali
    5) Qasim Akram
    6) Khushdil Shah
    7) Mohammad Haris (wk)
    8) Shadab Khan
    9) Shaheen Afridi
    10) Nasim Shah
    11) Hasnain / Akif / Hasan / Rauf

    12) Zafar Gohar

    The only guy I have doubts on is Khushdil, whether he can replicate his domestic performances at international level, if he does so InshaAllah, that'll be great because he'll solve the hitter problem while also being the 6th bowler, the other option if that plan fails would be to bat Shadab at 6 and get Gohar in at 8, although that would be a slightly bigger tail than I'd like.
    Good team

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,785
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Good team
    Thanks.

    I think we have a bunch of talented cricketers coming up, it's all about selecting the right players and nurturing them properly, and we can be a decent team, atleast in limited overs insha'Allah.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    4,857
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Thanks.

    I think we have a bunch of talented cricketers coming up, it's all about selecting the right players and nurturing them properly, and we can be a decent team, atleast in limited overs insha'Allah.
    Yes defo even in tests we have some upcoming players for example zeeshan Malik,abdullah shafique,Iman butt,omair bin yousuf,hauser ali

    In limited overs
    Zeeshan malik,haider ali,qasim akram,mo harris,akif javed only to name a few

    Yes we need a coach who is willing to give young players a chance


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •