Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who support these draconian bills are either oblivious of utterly deceitful nature of Mukesh Ambani and his pets in government or don't care about the farmers.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another sanghi V K Singh about the protesting farmers,

Many of the people in (the) pictures do not appear to be farmers," Mr Singh was quoted by news agency ANI on Tuesday evening, in comments that suggested a "farmer" must have a certain look.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trudeau expresses concern over farmers protest

https://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...le33220840.ece

I guess Trudeau is a khalistani as well lol. Anyways good to see international community paying attention to how brutally the protesters have been treated in India.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @MP2011 These were the demands of Sikhs 40 years ago , ability to sell where they want, now it has been implemented, they are striking against the same.
    ——-

“Sikh farmers are discouraged from selling grain at world prices and are coerced into selling at lower Government prices. But worst of all, he said, the Government is withholding licenses from the Punjab, depriving talented Sikhs of opportunities to share in major industrial projects.”

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/08/16/w...nt-nation.html

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For years the farmers of Haryana and Punjab have asked for what is implemented and now Mandi is suddenly important?

I agree BJP is useless and they should had brought this bill 5 years ago, but Haryanvis and Punjabis will benefit the most from this.

The ones to maybe lose would be small farmers in all other parts of India.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watershed moment indeed

Name:  watershed.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  172.1 KB

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    For years the farmers of Haryana and Punjab have asked for what is implemented and now Mandi is suddenly important?

I agree BJP is useless and they should had brought this bill 5 years ago, but Haryanvis and Punjabis will benefit the most from this.

The ones to maybe lose would be small farmers in all other parts of India.
    Wait you have any source that farmers were asking for it for years? Farmers aren't against it, they want something written about MSP.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MP2011 These were the demands of Sikhs 40 years ago , ability to sell where they want, now it has been implemented, they are striking against the same.
    ——-

“Sikh farmers are discouraged from selling grain at world prices and are coerced into selling at lower Government prices. But worst of all, he said, the Government is withholding licenses from the Punjab, depriving talented Sikhs of opportunities to share in major industrial projects.”

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/08/16/w...nt-nation.html
    Its kind of sad that you are referring to farmers by their religion.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video that I was trying to paste earlier.

I think Punjabi farmers come as a shock to people from other Indian states who are used to and comfortable seeing poverty -stricken farmers in their own states.
    I remember the shock I felt when I went to Bengal and saw the impoverished farmers there.

God forbid there be any upward mobility and improvement in the living standards of the farmers. And farming is such difficult work and so dependent on climate where unseasonal rains can destroy all the hard work

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Its kind of sad that you are referring to farmers by their religion.
    Im referring to Sikh farmers by their religion because this has been their demand for years , I ve pasted nytimes article for the same, go check out their produce demands online as well before 2020, it was all about this, I remember reading it as well as in the article they said their issue with ‘India’ is that.
    Last edited by JaDed; 2nd December 2020 at 08:02.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbirann View Post

I think Punjabi farmers come as a shock to people from other Indian states who are used to and comfortable seeing poverty -stricken farmers in their own states.
    I remember the shock I felt when I went to Bengal and saw the impoverished farmers there.

God forbid there be any upward mobility and improvement in the living standards of the farmers. And farming is such difficult work and so dependent on climate where unseasonal rains can destroy all the hard work
    Great video. Likes of Sudhir Chowdhary, Anjana, Amish Devgan are really pimps of government, nothing more.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Great video. Likes of Sudhir Chowdhary, Anjana, Amish Devgan are really pimps of government, nothing more.
    It is good that some farmers are prosperous. But why are they exempt from tax? Even soldiers who put their lives in the line are not tax exempt.

Govt should let the old system be, and just tax any farmer with annual income above 10L and use it for subsidy to poor.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    New Delhi, India – Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s remarks on the continuing farmers’ protests in India has not gone down well with the Hindu nationalist government, which dubbed his comments as “unwarranted”.

“We have seen some ill-informed comments by Canadian leaders relating to farmers in India. Such comments are unwarranted, especially when pertaining to the internal affairs of a democratic country,” India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said on Tuesday.

“It is also best that diplomatic conversations are not misrepresented for political purposes.”

Speaking at an online event to mark the 551st birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, the Canadian leader said that the news coming out of India was “concerning” and his country would “always be there to defend the rights of peaceful protest”.

Thousands of farmers have been camping outside the Indian capital, New Delhi, for almost a week now, demanding the scrapping of controversial agriculture laws enacted by the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

The government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi defended the laws and accused the opposition parties of misleading the farmers, who have dubbed the bills “anti-farmer”. His government says the new laws will bring much-needed private investment to the crisis-hit agricultural sector.

Dwindling farm income
    Over the past several decades the share of agriculture in the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) has dwindled as the farm sector has been hit with high indebtedness, crop failure, drought and low prices for produce. The sector accounts for 15 percent of the economy but employs more than half of the country’s 1.3 billion people.

Farmers fear that the minimum support price (MSP) – the price at which the government buys farm produce – will be abolished gradually and they will be left at the mercy of private players.

A number of politicians from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and the United States have expressed their solidarity with Indian farmers over the past few days and criticised the Modi government’s handling of the biggest protests in years.

But Trudeau became the first head of a country to comment on the issue that has set the Modi government on the back foot.

On Tuesday, #Canada was trending on Twitter as Indians shared their views on social media in the wake of Trudeau’s comments.

“He is not responsible for law and order in our country. It’s something which the government of the day has to take care of and the government is taking care of everything and engaging the farmers,” BJP Spokesperson Syed Zafar Islam told Al Jazeera.

A spokesperson of the Shiv Sena party, which governs the western state of Maharashtra, said “India’s internal issue is not fodder for another nation’s politics”.

“Please respect the courtesies that we always extend to other nations,” Priyanka Chaturvedi said on Trudeau’s comments.

Sikh minority in Canada
    Canada is home to a large number of Indian immigrants, mostly from India’s Punjab state where most of the current protesters have farms. Trudeau has been hailed for his pro-immigrant policy. He has inducted four Indian-origin ministers into his cabinet, three of whom are from the Sikh minority community.

Indian politicians have accused Canadian leaders, including current Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, of having links with Khalistani groups – who are believed to have been behind an armed rebellion in the state of Punjab during the 1980s for a separate Sikh state. Sajjan denied the allegations.

The Khalistani issue cast a shadow over Trudeau’s 2018 visit to India during which the Canadian prime minister was snubbed by the Modi government, which has been known for its strident anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim policies.

“Trudeau has a big NRI (non-resident Indian) constituency with several Sikh ministers. I think he is also talking to them and he is seeing the farmers protest as a human rights problem. Human rights problems always have an international dimension,” said Shiv Visvanathan, an author and social scientist.

“Trudeau will always love to cater to the Indian constituency that is his voting bloc. Every time he raises it, he gets plus points. It gives him an image of a human rights activist. It shows his concerns for his Indian constituency and also shows an immediate awareness to his constituents that he knows what is going on in India at this stage.”

Journalist and political commentator Paranjoy Guha Thakurta backed the Canadian prime minister.

“Just because he is the head of the government of Canada doesn’t mean that what he is saying is incorrect and it’s also incidental that large numbers of immigrants from Punjab have settled down in Canada. What Trudeau is saying that you should respect, in a democracy, the right of individuals to protest in a public space,” he said.

If the Modi government had “respected the wishes of the farmers, had not rushed through the enactment of these three farm laws in parliament, without adequate consultation with different stakeholders, they wouldn’t be in the mess they are at present,” Thakurta said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...ys-unwarranted

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kangana are her allied Hinduvta trolls are taking panga from the wrong people-just because they get away with their anti- muslim bigotry ,they think they can they can get away be insulting ordinary Punjabis.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  EoRgCN5XIAQM-Sm.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  41.6 KB

In Vancouver - Modi with a well deserved shittaran da haar.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bengal is a bad example.

Farmers in most parts of India, particularly the ones with bigger landholdings, are not impoverished by any means. I personally know millionaire farmers in Andhra, Kerala, Karnataka and Maharashtra. The suicide cases one hears about are usually the impoverished ones with small and underproductive lands who take loans from money lenders and fall into debt traps.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Bengal is a bad example.

Farmers in most parts of India, particularly the ones with bigger landholdings, are not impoverished by any means. I personally know millionaire farmers in Andhra, Kerala, Karnataka and Maharashtra. The suicide cases one hears about are usually the impoverished ones with small and underproductive lands who take loans from money lenders and fall into debt traps.
    The rich farmers are going to lose the most if the laws are not taken back. Once I get my farm house, I can declare myself as a farmer too. Problem is that laws don't allow permanent structures in farmhouse, and they have to be 10% of the area, so the luxury farmhouses are mostly illegal, and you need political connections to keep them.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been prejudiced against them before but very grateful to the farmers from Haryana for the support that they are giving to this protest.

There is so much food and milk coming from the surrounding villages in Haryana and the farmers in Haryana are coming out to support this as well.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gill and his family have firmly come out in support of farmers.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OTOH, Twitter fight between Diljit & Kangana getting uglier by the day.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been prejudiced against them before but very grateful to the farmers from Haryana for the support that they are giving to this protest.

There is so much food and milk coming from the surrounding villages in Haryana and the farmers in Haryana are coming out to support this as well.
    As per Khattar, Haryana farmers are not involved in this stir. There can't be a bigger ***** than this Khattar guy. Incompetent and clueless to the core, its really surprising that Haryanvis have chosen him again to lead them.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OTOH, Twitter fight between Diljit & Kangana getting uglier by the day.
    Kangana got schooled on twitter- she thought she could get away with vilifying Sikhs the way she has been getting away with smearing Muslims.

There is a very ugly RW campaign on to label protesting farmers as Khalistani's and anti- Hindu- these Modi Bhakts can stoop to any levels in their ugliness.

It's interesting that Kangana in her justification was saying that she was targeting a Muslim old woman and not a Sikh old woman.So Muslim old women can be insulted with impunity in India.I had lost interest in Indian politics but it's nuts, how foul and filthy the Anti- Muslim discourse is in India- it must be horrifying to be a Muslim in India.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per Khattar, Haryana farmers are not involved in this stir. There can't be a bigger ***** than this Khattar guy. Incompetent and clueless to the core, its really surprising that Haryanvis have chosen him again to lead them.
    I am no expert on Haryana politics but Haryana has a sizeable Hindu Punjabi population and they are generally in my experience, anti- Muslim and pro BJP and I think the Hindu Jats had also started buying into Hinduvta.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One has to see her tweets to see kind of filthy upbringing she has. Guess all bhakts have similar upbringing. How can anyone stoop so low just because someone follows a different religion?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jats had also started buying into Hinduvta.
    That's the key.

My native state is Haryana. It is still Jat dominated and whoever they support, gets to form the government.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My man Ravish Kumar has all the answers for the BJP propagandists.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    India has summoned the Canadian High Commissioner to formally register a complaint against comments by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the ongoing farmers’ protests, warning “such actions will have seriously damaging impact on ties”.

New Delhi told the envoy that “comments by the Canadian Prime Minister, some Cabinet Ministers and Members of Parliament on issues relating to Indian farmers constitute an unacceptable interference in our internal affairs,” according to a statement issued on Friday by India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).

“These comments have encouraged gatherings of extremist activities in front of our High Commission and Consulates in Canada that raise issues of safety and security. We expect the Canadian Government to ensure the fullest security of Indian diplomatic personnel and its political leaders to refrain from pronouncements that legitimize extremist activism.”

Speaking at an online event to mark the 551st birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, the Canadian leader said earlier this week that the news coming out of India was “concerning” and his country would “always be there to defend the rights of peaceful protest”.

New Delhi had denounced Trudeau’s comments, terming them as “unwarranted”.

“We have seen some ill-informed comments by Canadian leaders relating to farmers in India. Such comments are unwarranted, especially when pertaining to the internal affairs of a democratic country,” the MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said on Tuesday.

Thousands of farmers have been protesting outside the Indian capital, New Delhi, for more than a week now, demanding the scrapping of controversial agriculture laws enacted by the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Farmers fear that the minimum support price (MSP) – the price at which the government buys farm produce – will be abolished gradually and they will be left at the mercy of private players.

‘Tantamount to interference in India’s sovereign matters’
    Some Indians, including politicians, have taken strong exception to comments by foreign leaders or officials on issues facing the country.

In March, New Delhi slammed the United Nations’ human rights body after it filed a petition against its controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), which critics say discriminates against Muslims – India’s largest minority.

“The CAA is an internal matter of India and concerns the sovereign right of the Indian Parliament to make laws. We strongly believe that no foreign party has any locus standi [rights] on issues pertaining to India’s sovereignty,” India’s then-MEA spokesman Raveesh Kumar said in a statement on March 3.

Several politicians from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and the United States have expressed their solidarity with Indian farmers over the past few days and criticised the Modi government’s handling of the biggest protests in years.

But Trudeau became the first head of a country to comment on the issue that has set the Modi government on the back foot.

On Tuesday, #Canada was trending on Twitter as Indians shared their views on social media following Trudeau’s comments.

Ram Madhav, a leader of the governing Hindu nationalist Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), tweeted that the Canadian prime minister’s comments were “tantamount to interference in India’s sovereign matters”.
    Indian politicians have accused Canadian leaders, including current Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, of having links with Khalistani groups – which are believed to have been behind an armed rebellion in the state of Punjab during the 1980s for a separate Sikh state. Sajjan has denied the allegations.

The Khalistani issue cast a shadow over Trudeau’s 2018 visit to India during which the Canadian prime minister was snubbed by the Modi government, which has been known for its strident anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim policies.

Canada is home to a large number of Indian immigrants, mostly from India’s Punjab state where most of the current protesters have farms. Trudeau has been hailed for his pro-immigrant policy and has inducted four Indian-origin ministers into his cabinet, three of whom are from the Sikh minority community.

Modi has defended the controversial laws and accused opposition parties of misleading the farmers, who have dubbed the bills “anti-farmer”. His government says the new laws will bring much-needed private investment to the crisis-hit agricultural sector.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...udeaus-remarks

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting insight into the mini-Punjab at Delhi's border.

Modi and Khattar government have mishandled it completely- by using water cannons and tear gas ,they have challenged the farmers and helped harden their stance.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Khattar ever handled anything well? As has been witnessed so many times during his reign, he is incompetent to the core.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Has Khattar ever handled anything well? As has been witnessed so many times during his reign, he is incompetent to the core.
    Such vile human beings continue to be elected to power in India.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a silent genocide going on in India.

Farmers (from all castes, religions, regions or whatever other parameter you set up to feel good about yourself) are silently committing suicides.

Its been going on for decades and apparently it is still going on. Official governments don't even have the legit statistics.

My grandfather was a farmer. The man worked his land. It deeply pains me to see poor farmers struggle like this.

PS: it's not the first time that a government and its media is labeling people asking for rights as terrorists. So be critical of all the stuff you read.
    Last edited by WhenSultansBowled; 5th December 2020 at 13:42.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    There is a silent genocide going on in India.

Farmers (from all castes, religions, regions or whatever other parameter you set up to feel good about yourself) are silently committing suicides.

Its been going on for decades and apparently it is still going on. Official governments don't even have the legit statistics.

My grandfather was a farmer. The man worked his land. It deeply pains me to see poor farmers struggle like this.

PS: it's not the first time that a government and its media is labeling people asking for rights as terrorists. So be critical of all the stuff you read.
    In Kashmir we had 0 farmer suicides. But Indians are trying to make sure that farmers start committing suicide here as well by extending their stupid policies to us after abolition of article 370.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    In Kashmir we had 0 farmer suicides. But Indians are trying to make sure that farmers start committing suicide here as well by extending their stupid policies to us after abolition of article 370.
    India has to be the only region in the world, or the region where it's most apparent that a majority has to feel superior by oppressing a minority. Be it from a political, caste, regional or religious point of view.

And police is like government's goons only to further subjugate poor people.

(Just for the record, Pakistan ain't much different).

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When I was with the UP police (not as a cop) anytime the report of a farmer death came on the radio, the officer's vehicle would immediately head for the village, as there are strict guidelines to deal with this case and provide immediate financial help to the family. Never liked to face the depressing wails of the family, so stopped going after sometime.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    When I was with the UP police (not as a cop) anytime the report of a farmer death came on the radio, the officer's vehicle would immediately head for the village, as there are strict guidelines to deal with this case and provide immediate financial help to the family. Never liked to face the depressing wails of the family, so stopped going after sometime.
    How many suicides did you witness? In what time frame?

Loss of a farmer is hunger for a whole family... just imagine growing up without the provider father... the horror.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modi and his allies are so cowardly ,so scared of any dissenting voice.

What was the big problem in letting the farmers march peacefully into Delhi- no, these morons have to resort to violence.

Was watching a godi media channel and they were pretending to be worried about the farmer's health - where was this worry when the government you've sold yourself to, was using water cannons on these buzurg farmers?

And now the govt apparently acknowledges that there are faults with their rushed proposals- couldn't they have done all this without causing illness and distress to the farmers?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What was the big problem in letting the farmers march peacefully into Delhi- no, these morons have to resort to violence.
    The water cannon and tear gas was ill conceived. Although it doesn't hurt physically, it is insulting to protestors, many of whom were senior citizens.

Govt should have done first, what they did later. Giving an allocated area for protest, which has water and other amenities, so that daily lives of other common people is not affected. On the protestors side, just being peaceful is not enough. If you block trains peacefully, you are still hurting innocents who have to bear the loss. So peaceful protests should not be glorified if they affect essential services and affect innocents who have no say in the matter.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water cannon and tear gas was ill conceived. Although it doesn't hurt physically, it is insulting to protestors, many of whom were senior citizens.

Govt should have done first, what they did later. Giving an allocated area for protest, which has water and other amenities, so that daily lives of other common people is not affected. On the protestors side, just being peaceful is not enough. If you block trains peacefully, you are still hurting innocents who have to bear the loss. So peaceful protests should not be glorified if they affect essential services and affect innocents who have no say in the matter.
    Yes ,you are so right - there is no physical hurt - the water cannons feel like soothing showers and the tear gas is like gentle eye drops and yeah it's all the fault of the intractable farmers, the government's always been very approachable and accommodating.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes ,you are so right - there is no physical hurt - the water cannons feel like soothing showers and the tear gas is like gentle eye drops and yeah it's all the fault of the intractable farmers, the government's always been very approachable and accommodating.
    I have faced both water cannons and tear gas, and found it exciting, but that is tangential.

In a democracy how should a govt act. When it has mandate to frame laws, should it cave in to any protest?

Protests should not turn into blackmail. We will block all highway entries is not peaceful protest, but peaceful blackmail, and when blackmail happens, something got to give. Strange that you support fascism when it is from these farmers. I heard they refused food from govt. Was funny because they dont refuse subsidies and zero tax. At least they should have some shame.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These rich farmers are used to muftkhori and haraamkhori. Pay zero tax, want subsidies, which should only go to poor, and want to deny other farmers the choice of going outside the mandi system. You want mandi, fine. But why oppose if other farmers have the "OPTION" to go outside mandi?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was watching a godi media channel and they were pretending to be worried about the farmer's health - where was this worry when the government you've sold yourself to, was using water cannons on these buzurg farmers?

And now the govt apparently acknowledges that there are faults with their rushed proposals- couldn't they have done all this without causing illness and distress to the farmers?
    They are cowards because they are sneaky bigots to their core especially their supreme leader.

What was the rush to pass these farm bills especially during a raging pandemic? They could have easily discussed the proposals with the farmers' reps and opposition and could have taken them on board.

But hell no, how would 56" beat his chest and show to his gullible bhakts that he is strong? Same thing happened during demonetization, GST, lockdown. Nobody is ever taken into confidence, just the bigot and his select coterie of bureaucrats who only know to tow their master's line.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These rich farmers are used to muftkhori and haraamkhori. Pay zero tax, want subsidies, which should only go to poor, and want to deny other farmers the choice of going outside the mandi system. You want mandi, fine. But why oppose if other farmers have the "OPTION" to go outside mandi?
    Do you even know what are you talking about? Mandi system has MSP (Minimum Support Price), if farmers get no outside buyers, they can sell at MSP to govt. and they will buy it from farmers. It acts like a minimum wage for farmers. Honestly, there aren't many rich farmers left, 85% of farmers have less than 5 acres of land.

The so Mandi system was taken out in Bihar in 2006, you will see farmer condition there, where their clothes are torn. Average income of farmer is Rs.3800 compared to 13,000 in Punjab.

You don't really make these changes without doing detailed studies, you can't play with life of farmers, oh yeah on paper it might look good. Look at what happened with Demonetization.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you even know what are you talking about? Mandi system has MSP (Minimum Support Price), if farmers get no outside buyers, they can sell at MSP to govt. and they will buy it from farmers. It acts like a minimum wage for farmers. Honestly, there aren't many rich farmers left, 85% of farmers have less than 5 acres of land.

The so Mandi system was taken out in Bihar in 2006, you will see farmer condition there, where their clothes are torn. Average income of farmer is Rs.3800 compared to 13,000 in Punjab.

You don't really make these changes without doing detailed studies, you can't play with life of farmers, oh yeah on paper it might look good. Look at what happened with Demonetization.
    MSP is offered for only a handful of items. What was the average income of bihari farmer during mandi and after mandi. give both the figures.

The mandi is not being abolished, but an option is being provided. It is upto farmers to use the option or not. Why are some adamant that no farmer should get the option. If you dont want to use it, don't. Why stopping it for everyone? And anyway this is not going to be applied to punjab, as the state passed its own laws. so why protest against a law that 1. doesn't apply to you, 2 even if it was applicable, it was an option. years of muftkhori and haraamkhori has taken away power to think. Plus they want abolition of fine for burning crops. Every year these idiots cause pollution. Also they are so much of a leech on the environment that punjab was the only state which had to pass a law preventing paddy farming before the season begins because they want to grow paddy (which was not grown there) using ground water. Also why dont those with income above 5 Lpa pay taxes? muftkhori has made them shameless.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic modi at it again

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Tear gas doesn't hurt? Have you ever been tear gased?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Tear gas doesn't hurt? Have you ever been tear gased?
    Yes, I have enjoyed being tear gassed. But if it hurts, then maybe cutting onions would hurt you too.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have enjoyed being tear gassed. But if it hurts, then maybe cutting onions would hurt you too.
    If you knew anything about this, you will know that tear gas is a weapon of oppression and it hurts. Maybe you need a large dose to come to your senses.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If you knew anything about this, you will know that tear gas is a weapon of oppression and it hurts. Maybe you need a large dose to come to your senses.
    I stand corrected. Forgot that there are delicate darlings who can get hurt by tear gas. I had enjoyed it, but maybe it was inferior quality being used by bengal police back then.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSP is offered for only a handful of items. What was the average income of bihari farmer during mandi and after mandi. give both the figures.

The mandi is not being abolished, but an option is being provided. It is upto farmers to use the option or not. Why are some adamant that no farmer should get the option. If you dont want to use it, don't. Why stopping it for everyone? And anyway this is not going to be applied to punjab, as the state passed its own laws. so why protest against a law that 1. doesn't apply to you, 2 even if it was applicable, it was an option. years of muftkhori and haraamkhori has taken away power to think. Plus they want abolition of fine for burning crops. Every year these idiots cause pollution. Also they are so much of a leech on the environment that punjab was the only state which had to pass a law preventing paddy farming before the season begins because they want to grow paddy (which was not grown there) using ground water. Also why dont those with income above 5 Lpa pay taxes? muftkhori has made them shameless.
    Rules are made in favour of other system such as no GST, farmers can't take them to higher courts compared to mandi system. I am sure they will give really good price for few years, to get Mandi system out. Thats when the real true color and motive behind it will come out.

Cente Govt. support MSP by buying wheat and rice. Not sure why it doesn't apply to the ones protesting.

Its the same way those shopkeepers don't pay taxes in India. No one does it out for the heart, unless forced.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rules are made in favour of other system such as no GST, farmers can't take them to higher courts compared to mandi system. I am sure they will give really good price for few years, to get Mandi system out. Thats when the real true color and motive behind it will come out.

Cente Govt. support MSP by buying wheat and rice. Not sure why it doesn't apply to the ones protesting.

Its the same way those shopkeepers don't pay taxes in India. No one does it out for the heart, unless forced.
    Read this article from Dawn, and see who is benefiting and why other farmers are poor, and why they don't want other farmers to sell outside mandi system even if others want to.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1593998

India's multi-billion dollar food programme is at the heart of farmers' protests

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Authorities should allow people to exercise their right to demonstrate peacefully, UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ spokesman has said regarding the farmers’ protest in India.

The remarks came close on the heels of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau saying his government had conveyed its concerns about the farmers’ protest to India, and Indian-origin British MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi sending a letter on behalf of a group of lawmakers to foreign secretary Dominic Raab on the issue.

India dismissed Trudeau’s remarks as interference in the country’s internal affairs and summoned the Canadian envoy on Friday and told him the comments have the potential to damage bilateral ties. There was no immediate response from Indian officials to the UN spokesman’s comments or the British MP’s letter.

When Stéphane Dujarric, spokesman for the UN Secretary-General, was asked about the farmers’ protest at a daily news briefing on Friday, he replied, “As to the question of India, what I would say to you is what I’ve said to others when raising these issues is that people have a right to demonstrate peacefully, and authorities need to let them do so.

The reporter who asked the question also contended the farmers involved in the protest were being met with “repressive measures” and this had a bearing on India’s democracy. Dujarric responded by saying, “We want to see people have a voice in their lives.”

Thousands of farmers have been protesting for more than a week at the borders of Delhi against a set of laws to liberalise farm trade and open up agricultural markets. The government is trying to end the protest through talks with the farmers’ leaders.

Trudeau was the first world leader to comment on the farmers’ protest, telling a Facebook video interaction on Tuesday that the situation in India was “concerning”. He added, “Let me remind you, Canada will always be there to defend the right of peaceful protest. We believe in the importance of dialogue and that’s why we’ve reached out through multiple means directly to the Indian authorities to highlight our concerns.”

On Friday, the external affairs ministry summoned Canada’s envoy Nadir Patel and told him the remarks by Trudeau and Canadian lawmakers had the potential to “seriously” damage bilateral ties. The ministry also said the comments by Trudeau, some cabinet ministers and MPs amounted to an “unacceptable interference in our internal affairs”.

In a separate development, British MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi sent a letter on behalf of 35 MPs to foreign secretary Dominic Raab seeking “an urgent meeting... to discuss the deteriorating situation in Punjab and its relationship with the Centre”. Dhesi also asked Raab to make a representation to his Indian counterpart about “the impact on British Sikhs and Punjabis with longstanding links to land and farming in India”.

Dhesi wrote in the letter that several British MPs had written to both Raab and the Indian high commission in London about “the impact of three new Indian laws on exploiting farmers and those dependent on farming in India”.

“This is an issue of particular concern to Sikhs in the UK and those linked to Punjab, although it heavily impacts other Indian states,” Dhesi said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...cHcmAGExH.html

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this article from Dawn, and see who is benefiting and why other farmers are poor, and why they don't want other farmers to sell outside mandi system even if others want to.

India's multi-billion dollar food programme is at the heart of farmers' protests
    This is another indian classic case of rich and influential exploiting the weak, soon corporate mafia will replace mandi mafia

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbill View Post
    This is another indian classic case of rich and influential exploiting the weak, soon corporate mafia will replace mandi mafia
    As long as there is the pds system, govt will remain the largest buyer of food grain from farmers and corporate mafia will have limited sphere of influence. The farmers of punjab and haryana act like mafia, which is fine. What is not fine is that they are causing environmental damage by burning their crops every year, and exploiting the ground water table because they want to grow paddy, which will create severe water problem in a decade. This despite being the richest among farmers, living on subsidies, paying zero tax and using loan waivers after loan waivers. They can do that because indians are a jaahil qaum and think emotionally, so it is easy to hide all the evils of these farmers behind the romanticized image of kisaan mazdoor.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is stopping government to work on poor state's underdeveloped grain procurement infrastructure. They are trying to get system out of place which has worked in Punjab and Harayna. Your reason is that because poor states haven't worked on building mandi system?

Where are farmers who are supporting it? I don't see any farmer coming forward supporting the bill? Maybe Bihar farmers should be coming forward to support it?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are cowards because they are sneaky bigots to their core especially their supreme leader.

What was the rush to pass these farm bills especially during a raging pandemic? They could have easily discussed the proposals with the farmers' reps and opposition and could have taken them on board.

But hell no, how would 56" beat his chest and show to his gullible bhakts that he is strong? Same thing happened during demonetization, GST, lockdown. Nobody is ever taken into confidence, just the bigot and his select coterie of bureaucrats who only know to tow their master's line.
    Modi is such a Tuglaq It's interesting to think that in Tuglaqs time as well ,there must have been courtiers going " you are doing great ".

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beautifully summed up by Abhijit Iyer

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    New Delhi: The BJP hit back at protesting farmers and the opposition today with nuggets of the past, reminding them that allowing private players into the farm sector was their demand not so long ago. The BJP has been under attack over the new farm sector laws, where corporates have been given a big role, hugely upsetting the farmers.

BL Santosh, the general secretary of the BJP, tweeted an article from Punjab-based English daily the Tribune today, headlined "Allow corporates to procure wheat: Farmers".

"This was in 2008. Farmers of Punjab & Haryana demanding allowing of corporates in agri marketing. Just understand the duplicity of the same unions now," read the accompanying tweet, which carried the hashtag #FarmersWithModi.

Documents of opposition support to private sector entry into agriculture have also surfaced.

In November 2011, Sharad Pawar, then minister of agriculture, had urged states to give a green signal to private mandis. A letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, read: "There is a need to amend the present APMC Act on the lines of the Model APMC Act of 2003 in order to encourage private sector investment in marketing infrastructure and providing alternate, competing marketing channels in the overall interest of farmers, consumers and the agricultural trade".

For more than 10 days, the farmers have been on the warpath, with tens of thousands camping out at the entrances of Delhi. Several rounds of talks with the protesters have failed. The next round will be on Wednesday - a day after the all-India strike called by farmers and supported by the opposition and trade unions.

Newsbeep

The BJP has contended that the "real" farmers are with the government and support the farm sector laws. Those protesting are either brainwashed by the opposition Congress or anti-nationals. The word "Khalistanis" has also been raised in this context. Asked about the possibility of "Khalistani elements" being mixed up in the farmers' protest, Haryana Chief Minister ML Khattar had said, "We have inputs of some such unwanted elements in the crowd," news agency ANI had reported.

Farmers' protest: The next round will be on Wednesday - a day after the all-India strike called by farmers and supported by the opposition and trade unions.

Mr Khattar's state had drawn much criticism for its use of force on farmers, who had to fight water cannons, tear gas and barricades repeatedly on their way to Delhi. Soon after, Akali Dal leader Sukhbir

Singh Badal accused Mr Khattar of seeking to "defame farmers and their agitation".

"SAD strongly condemns Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar's statement terming our peasants who are agitating against the anti-farmer laws as Khalistanis. This is a conspiracy to defame the farmers and their agitation to pave the way for its repression with brutal force," his tweet read.

The new laws, aimed at doing away with middlemen and allowing farmers to sell their produce anywhere in the country, has deeply upset the farmers. The farmers say it will only result in phasing out of the traditional mandis and the guaranteed minimum price paid by the government, leaving them at the mercy of the corporates.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/farm...ites_topscroll

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    768 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punjab should be handed over to Pakistan.

Huge protest in London today , Sikhs are very angry with Modi . Bad move by the extremist government of India

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LONDON (Reuters) - Thousands of people protested in central London on Sunday over Indian agricultural reforms that have triggered mass demonstrations in India.

A crowd of demonstrators converged on the Indian embassy, located on Aldwych, a major artery in the centre of the British capital, and groups marched around the Trafalgar Square area, a Reuters photographer at the scene said.

Tens of thousands of farmers have protested in India against three laws the government says are meant to overhaul antiquated procurement procedures and give growers more options to sell their produce.

Farmers fear the legislation, passed in September, will eventually dismantle India’s regulated markets and stop the government from buying wheat and rice at guaranteed prices, leaving them at the mercy of private buyers.

Britain is home to a large Indian diaspora and many Britons who trace their family roots to India are strongly engaged with news from the country.

There was little social distancing in evidence at the London protests and few participants were wearing face masks.

The Metropolitan Police warned that people taking part in a gathering that did not respect COVID-19 restrictions risked being fined, and called on people to leave the area.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Indian External Affairs Minister (EAM) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar will not attend a Canada-hosted virtual summit of foreign ministers to discuss common global strategy for the coronavirus pandemic in a show of displeasure over Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s recent comments on the ongoing Indian farmers’ protests, multiple Indian media outlets reported on Monday.

Although the official reason provided to Canada for Jaishankar's unavailability is a scheduling clash, local media reports suggest the external affairs minister's absence from the summit is a deliberate snub by India to express its displeasure over remarks by the Canadian prime minister.

Trudeau, speaking to the Indian community last week in Canada, said that he was concerned about the farmers, most of them from the Sikh-dominated state of Indian Punjab, camped out on the outskirts of Delhi in a protest against farm reforms.

"I would be remiss if I didn’t start by recognising the news coming out of India about the protests by farmers. The situation is concerning, and we are all very worried about family and friends. I know that’s the reality for many of you," he had said.

That prompted a rebuke from India's foreign ministry, which termed these remarks as "unwarranted [interference], especially when pertaining to internal affairs of a democratic country".

This was later followed up by a formal protest with Canada’s ambassador to India where he was told the comments were an interference in its domestic affairs and would seriously hurt bilateral ties.

India and Canada have warm ties, but in recent years there has been concern in India that some Sikh leaders in Canada have ties to separatist groups hostile to India.

Canada is home to an influential Sikh community and Indian leaders say there are some fringe groups there that are still sympathetic to the cause of an independent Sikh state called Khalistan, carved out of India.

The Indian foreign ministry said comments made by Trudeau and other leaders had emboldened radical groups and they were a risk to its diplomatic staff based in Canada.

“We expect the Canadian government to ensure the fullest security of Indian diplomatic personnel and its political leaders to refrain from pronouncements that legitimise extremist activism,” it said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1594513/in...mments-reports

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Indian External Affairs Minister (EAM) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar will not attend a Canada-hosted virtual summit of foreign ministers to discuss common global strategy for the coronavirus pandemic in a show of displeasure over Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s recent comments on the ongoing Indian farmers’ protests, multiple Indian media outlets reported on Monday.

Although the official reason provided to Canada for Jaishankar's unavailability is a scheduling clash, local media reports suggest the external affairs minister's absence from the summit is a deliberate snub by India to express its displeasure over remarks by the Canadian prime minister.

Trudeau, speaking to the Indian community last week in Canada, said that he was concerned about the farmers, most of them from the Sikh-dominated state of Indian Punjab, camped out on the outskirts of Delhi in a protest against farm reforms.

"I would be remiss if I didn’t start by recognising the news coming out of India about the protests by farmers. The situation is concerning, and we are all very worried about family and friends. I know that’s the reality for many of you," he had said.

That prompted a rebuke from India's foreign ministry, which termed these remarks as "unwarranted [interference], especially when pertaining to internal affairs of a democratic country".

This was later followed up by a formal protest with Canada’s ambassador to India where he was told the comments were an interference in its domestic affairs and would seriously hurt bilateral ties.

India and Canada have warm ties, but in recent years there has been concern in India that some Sikh leaders in Canada have ties to separatist groups hostile to India.

Canada is home to an influential Sikh community and Indian leaders say there are some fringe groups there that are still sympathetic to the cause of an independent Sikh state called Khalistan, carved out of India.

The Indian foreign ministry said comments made by Trudeau and other leaders had emboldened radical groups and they were a risk to its diplomatic staff based in Canada.

“We expect the Canadian government to ensure the fullest security of Indian diplomatic personnel and its political leaders to refrain from pronouncements that legitimise extremist activism,” it said.

Lol, this is so childish. Is this how this Jaishankar guy, a career diplomat wants to pursue India's diplomacy?

Or is it again his illiterate boss' nudge?

Knowing the dictatorial and 'I know everything' ways of his boss, it won't come as a surprise if it indeed is from his copybook of foreign diplomacy.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Well thing is there are 100,000s of Sikhs, Hindus and others who protested in solidarity with Farmers of India all over Canada. It was a massive number in Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia. To add to that I hear somewhat similar figures in Europe too. After speaking to few of them this weekend, I learned that majority have farms in India, hence why the protest. Certainly Govt of India can do something to make amendments in the Bill. First draft of anything is never perfect.

Certainly all of them can't be khalistanis with the amount I see.

I have also read that the farmer's Delhi March is in millions. Their livelihood is at stake.
    Once again I may reiterate that there could always be amendments made to the bill instead of thowing tantrums over Justin Trudeau's words.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Well thing is there are 100,000s of Sikhs, Hindus and others who protested in solidarity with Farmers of India all over Canada. It was a massive number in Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia. To add to that I hear somewhat similar figures in Europe too. After speaking to few of them this weekend, I learned that majority have farms in India, hence why the protest. Certainly Govt of India can do something to make amendments in the Bill. First draft of anything is never perfect.

Certainly all of them can't be khalistanis with the amount I see.

I have also read that the farmer's Delhi March is in millions. Their livelihood is at stake.
    Once again I may reiterate that there could always be amendments made to the bill instead of thowing tantrums over Justin Trudeau's words.
    Then the same demands should also be met in Canada.
    Time for Canada to have MSP as well, I hope this convinces Indian origin farmers in Canada to demand the same, considering how Trudeau is supportive of Indian ones am sure he will have no issue passing a socialist bill.

And next time if Canada ever brings up MSP in WTO meetings Trudeau should be reminded of his stance.

Canada, which had once opposed India’s farm subsidies at the World Trade Organization (WTO), has backed Indian farmers' protests on Minimum Support Price (MSP).

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/canadas-dual-stance-on-minimum-support-price-exposed-346777

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then the same demands should also be met in Canada.
    Time for Canada to have MSP as well, I hope this convinces Indian origin farmers in Canada to demand the same, considering how Trudeau is supportive of Indian ones am sure he will have no issue passing a socialist bill.

And next time if Canada ever brings up MSP in WTO meetings Trudeau should be reminded of his stance.

Canada, which had once opposed India’s farm subsidies at the World Trade Organization (WTO), has backed Indian farmers' protests on Minimum Support Price (MSP).

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/c...exposed-346777
    Totally ignored the whole point and just blamed Canada for everything.

I am asking, what is stopping GOI to make an amendment to the bill. Those farmers in such massive quantities are not fools who are marching to Delhi. Canada or no Canada, what is GOI doing about changes to the Bill? Since you you are implying it is internal matter (which I agree), then what exactly is happening to address those concerns from the insane quantity of farmers walking towards the capital.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Totally ignored the whole point and just blamed Canada for everything.

I am asking, what is stopping GOI to make an amendment to the bill. Those farmers in such massive quantities are not fools who are marching to Delhi. Canada or no Canada, what is GOI doing about changes to the Bill? Since you you are implying it is internal matter (which I agree), then what exactly is happening to address those concerns from the insane quantity of farmers walking towards the capital.
    The farmers issue is the MSP, if Canada and its citizens are involving themselves in it then it would be righteous for them to not bring it in WTO also to implement the same in Canada.

Am not blaming Canada for the protests, my point was of Canadian support for the same.

Also hopefully Liberal govn will not fine anyone protesting against Covid lockdown as well.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

Huge protest in London today , Sikhs are very angry with Modi . Bad move by the extremist government of India
    Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire- Modi is disliked because he has made India the Hindu version of Pakistan.

And there are plenty of folks of other religions primarily Hindu farmers from Haryana who are a big part of this protest.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in India but my relatives still farm land in Punjab and I will do everything to support them and so will others who make up the Punjabi Diaspora.

This Modi sarkar will not be forgiven or forgotten for the violence it has inflicted, for the old men who are out on the streets in the cold December nights in the middle of a pandemic.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't live in India but my relatives still farm land in Punjab and I will do everything to support them and so will others who make up the Punjabi Diaspora.

This Modi sarkar will not be forgiven or forgotten for the violence it has inflicted, for the old men who are out on the streets in the cold December nights in the middle of a pandemic.
    They are also responsible for their own stupidity for believing rumours that their lands will be taken away.

Indian economic reforms got delayed because there were protests in 1966, and it was done only in 1992 when there was no option left. Jaahil qaum deserves it.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally missed this whole thing. Who has the TL;DR?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They are also responsible for their own stupidity for believing rumours that their lands will be taken away.

Indian economic reforms got delayed because there were protests in 1966, and it was done only in 1992 when there was no option left. Jaahil qaum deserves it.
    Why doesnt Indian govt use pellet guns on farmers. If they lose some eyes and vital organs they will surely cave in. Send in the army quickly.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why doesnt Indian govt use pellet guns on farmers. If they lose some eyes and vital organs they will surely cave in. Send in the army quickly.
    No afspa applies in mainland.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No afspa applies in mainland.
    Like BJP would need Afspa. Judiciary is theirs. Get on with it. It just needs will.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Victim blaming reflects accusers' mindset.

Is it millennias of casteism? Or lack of critical thinking?

If only the French would have had the Indian mindset... there would still be some old monarch dictating their lives.

As they say, revolution won't be televised. Maybe go out and see why these old men have left comfort of their beds and are sleeping on cold concrete...

Full support to brave farmers asking for their rights. Shame and a thousand lanats on people who support fascist BJP government.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Full support to brave farmers asking for their rights. Shame and a thousand lanats on people who support fascist BJP government.
    I accept these thousand laanats with humility.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Like BJP would need Afspa. Judiciary is theirs. Get on with it. It just needs will.
    Judiciary is only on the side of truth.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Judiciary is only on the side of truth.
    But Ministry of truth is under BJP.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But Ministry of truth is under BJP.
    Have you read the laws? I remember you coming to some interesting conclusions about the essential commodity act and wondering what will people eat if something is declared non essential.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    796 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some hindus are not even shying away from calling these sikh farmers 'Khalistanis'. Lots of muslims on the other hand were giving these farmers food and winter clothes. I guess one minority understands the pain of another minority in India.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

If sikhs in london are angry,how does it matter to India?

You know Sikhs made it sure that partition was complete in Punjab, almost no muslim population left in Indian punjab.