Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PCB Looking to Contract US-based Software Company to maintain Biomechanics Database

Will catalogue data of all cricketers within the system starting from the age of 13. This consists of biomechanical data, health data, and other metrics for statistical analysis of cricketers which can be used in the following:

1. Talent identification at young ages. Children will be identified as per how suited they are, for example, power hitting based on upper and lower body strength, or fast bowling based on speed, action, elasticity etc.

2. Development plans as per the needs of each cricketer. This will be done in coordination between coaches and physios so as to mature children with specific goals in mind, and ensure they are fit for their specific roles. Domestic and national team cricketers will have personalized training regimens.

3. Monitoring the progress of each cricketer, and furnishing large quantities of high quality data to aid in player selection at higher levels.

Nadeem Khan confirmed this today. Shoaib Akhtar is also assisting the Pakistan Cricket Board in procuring the services of this US-based company.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's one thing to acquire expensive equipment, it's another to use it optimally and get the most out of it

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds good in theory, hopefully execution matches.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does the PCB need Shoaib Akhtar to help procure these services?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offstump View Post
    Coz he man promote it as well on youtube..

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offstump View Post
    I believe it is a combination of contacts, and Shoaib’s own extensive experience with biomechanics as far as bowling is concerned.

Personally, I do believe Shoaib is one of the best in the world when it comes to this — the way he would run with weights to add a yard of pace, or work with javelin throwers, he understands these things.

I’m not surprised he has contacts in this space.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Instead of picking proper coaches along with honest people in the PCB hierarchy and domestic setup, PCB is wasting too much money for unnecessary useless things.
    No amount of software or technology can excel any team if its picked worse players or players based on favoritism. Players like Shehzad, Imran Khan, Kamran, Iftikhar, Malik, Hafeez cannot make any team World beater regardless how much technology you introduce.
    WI in 70s or 80s didn't even have any proper facilities compare to England, Australia or NZ but they were best team.
    Wasim Khan is too much show off but no performance to show.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Instead of picking proper coaches along with honest people in the PCB hierarchy and domestic setup, PCB is wasting too much money for unnecessary useless things.
    No amount of software or technology can excel any team if its picked worse players or players based on favoritism. Players like Shehzad, Imran Khan, Kamran, Iftikhar, Malik, Hafeez cannot make any team World beater regardless how much technology you introduce.
    WI in 70s or 80s didn't even have any proper facilities compare to England, Australia or NZ but they were best team.
    Wasim Khan is too much show off but no performance to show.
    Perrmance like bringing the cricket back to pakistan ?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Perrmance like bringing the cricket back to pakistan ?
    I mean gave head coaching to Misbah who knows nothing about coaching, Bowling coach to serial failure Waqar, Also people like Nadim Khan, Faisal Iqbal got high position.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Biomechanics equipment and machinery is not cheap. The PCB is hoping that Shoaib can use his influence to get them significant discounts

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean gave head coaching to Misbah who knows nothing about coaching, Bowling coach to serial failure Waqar, Also people like Nadim Khan, Faisal Iqbal got high position.
    Have you made every decision correct in life ?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you made every decision correct in life ?
    Bro, I am not making millions by making decision.
    ^^^ Any people with decent mind will not select a person who doesn't have any experience in coach or knwn to be serial failure.
    Will you select someone with no experience in teaching as a principal of a college?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I read that correctly - Shoaib Akhtar helping PCB in purchase of database software from a US software company?
    What has the world come to

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Among other things, hope it identifies and curbs 17-year olds passing off as 13-year olds.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Wasim and Mani are really scared of Shoaib. He has them on a leash.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Did I read that correctly - Shoaib Akhtar helping PCB in purchase of database software from a US software company?
    What has the world come to
    This is the new professional PCB that Imran promised. A PCB where every decision was going to be taken on proper merit.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The vocal minority on here still complaining about PCB head honchos. Actually anyone with any sense would acknowledge what they have achieved, their previous qualifications and the sincerity with which they are doing their job. Still a very long way to go, but it has been a very good start on multiple fronts.

I find it so silly that people get obsessed with the Misbah decision as if Mani and WK only job was to select the coach of the team It is really naiive.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nadeem has talked about this quite few times during media interactions. I can recall one such interview where he said, players will have a smart ID card which will have all the details, stats, health records etc from U13 circuit onwards. Would be a great step if implemented properly & I'm hopeful Nadeem Khan & Co. will pull this off

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This is the new professional PCB that Imran promised. A PCB where every decision was going to be taken on proper merit.
    This is a report but instead of checking facts and ensuring you base opinion on confirmed facts, you launch your usual tirade.

Wait until we know facts.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this is good if true. This would make our scouting very good.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Wao.... PCB & PAK cricket is heading to next gen.... biomechanics to develop batsmen & bowlers, awesome. And, Shoaib to assist them - it can’t get better than this.

Though, I would have loved to see instead of 21st century, if PCB could go back to 19th century to do some basics - like hiring some proper qualified coaches who could teach boys something like .... high elbow, steady head, toe in line .... or upright seem, wrist position, clean action ...

But yes, if any bio mechanics can predict a 10-12 years old kid by the time reaches age of 23, 5’5” & bulky .... will become someone Sachin Tendulkar, it must be a worthy investment. Why not?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, I am not making millions by making decision.
    ^^^ Any people with decent mind will not select a person who doesn't have any experience in coach or knwn to be serial failure.
    Will you select someone with no experience in teaching as a principal of a college?
    Am not disagreeing with you on this but like I said sometimes you make mistakes and realise after yes it was a mistake to have him as a coach or selector even more ridiculous that he was given dual jobs.but he also has done alot of good things like the revival of cricket in pakistan,having 6 teams,ptv deal

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Wao.... PCB & PAK cricket is heading to next gen.... biomechanics to develop batsmen & bowlers, awesome. And, Shoaib to assist them - it can’t get better than this.

Though, I would have loved to see instead of 21st century, if PCB could go back to 19th century to do some basics - like hiring some proper qualified coaches who could teach boys something like .... high elbow, steady head, toe in line .... or upright seem, wrist position, clean action ...

But yes, if any bio mechanics can predict a 10-12 years old kid by the time reaches age of 23, 5’5” & bulky .... will become someone Sachin Tendulkar, it must be a worthy investment. Why not?
    Could be used to see if players are more likely to get injuried and ect we all no pakistan dont handle bowlers properly

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaoib akhtar should have a role of nutrition fitness programme fitness coach

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shaoib akhtar should have a role of nutrition fitness programme fitness coach
    Disagree, he is very chubby himself therefore not the right example

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Disagree, he is very chubby himself therefore not the right example
    Yeah but that comes with the size of his arms hes more of a bodybuilder he knows what to eat and how to train to have that physique in his younger days he was very fit and strong

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yeah but that comes with the size of his arms hes more of a bodybuilder he knows what to eat and how to train to have that physique in his younger days he was very fit and strong
    Cricket doesn't require a body builder's physique. I would rather have James Anderson's physique as it has allowed him to get 600 test wickets and he is still hitting 85-87 mph at the age of 39 which is unheard of

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket doesn't require a body builder's physique. I would rather have James Anderson's physique as it has allowed him to get 600 test wickets and he is still hitting 85-87 mph at the age of 39 which is unheard of
    Y3s you can have james Anderson physique if you want to play just tests.but if you want to play in different formats the strains and pains will be alot more also the conditions were in pakistan is a hot country were you will fade away after couple years .also countries have nutritionist we dont

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I believe it is a combination of contacts, and Shoaib’s own extensive experience with biomechanics as far as bowling is concerned.

Personally, I do believe Shoaib is one of the best in the world when it comes to this — the way he would run with weights to add a yard of pace, or work with javelin throwers, he understands these things.

I’m not surprised he has contacts in this space.
    This makes sense somewhat but I highly doubt Shoaib has the expertise on what software is required and who is leading the industry in this space. PCB should tender this contract, go out for bid and evaluate all the options. Maybe they’ve done that but it’s not transparent from the original post.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Y3s you can have james Anderson physique if you want to play just tests.but if you want to play in different formats the strains and pains will be alot more also the conditions were in pakistan is a hot country were you will fade away after couple years .also countries have nutritionist we dont
    Fast bowlers need workload management regardless of physiques. A batsman can play every day but a fast bowler needs to be managed carefully.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fast bowlers need workload management regardless of physiques. A batsman can play every day but a fast bowler needs to be managed carefully.
    But if they eat the right stuff and the proteins carbohydrate ect that will give them an advantage compared to someone who eats whatever he wants.

Example hassan ali got injuried due to doing more squat lifting than he should be that's were the fitness trainer nutrition can advise ect

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should have been done years ago. Every sport is using technology like this to get an edge.

Now invest in some analytics please.