Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"The PCB is not a job-providing organisation" : Wasim Khan

Wasim Khan in an interview

Asked about the growing concerns of cricketers over abolishment of departments cricket, Wasim said: “Frankly speaking the PCB is not a job-providing organisation. Rather our main function is to take steps to promote cricket in the country to make a strong team at national level,” he said and added that currently Pakistan is ranked 7th in the world that shows that the old system failed in producing good players who could help the country to win mega international events.

He said that for making Pakistan one of the great teams in world, changes in domestic system were imperative. “As far as job are concerned, we are going to set-up 90 cricket association under the already established six regions that means over 90 coaches and managers will be required. So the players, who faced job issues could be accommodated in associations,” he said. “ These two initiatives — the new domestic system and the deal with PTV to promote domestic cricket are game changers, I tell you,” he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1581079/ne...ers-wasim-khan

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time he's said this, Hafeez and co have kept prodding for this response lmao.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. It’s important to define goal of any organization and take the decisions accordingly. There should be ample opportunities in govt organizations based upon the skillset required for them to be achieving their goals and people should be provided enough resources, institutions and centres to learn those skills.

Operating autonomous, semi autonomous and other governmental institutions without any end goal and lack of professionals with required skills serves no purpose for the society as a whole in the long run.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    that was a harsh statement but truth

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For all of the hate he gets, Wasim Khan is making the right moves and speaking the truth here.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Correction:

Frankly speaking, PCB is not a job-providing organization for active cricketers.

However, it is a job-providing organization for retired cricketers through useless committees and fancy new jobs such as director to high performance international player development bla bla nonsense.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Correction:

Frankly speaking, PCB is not a job-providing organization for active cricketers.

However, it is a job-providing organization for retired cricketers through useless committees and fancy new jobs such as director to high performance international player development bla bla nonsense.
    Only if Najam Sethi or a PML N or PPP appointee was in charge of the PCB for your peace of mind

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Needed to be said.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Abdul Razzaq disagree. I’m sure there are more.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other crickets boards also employ former players as batting and bowling coaches.The managers and directors are also former players.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Misbah and Abdul Razzaq disagree. I’m sure there are more.
    Resistance to change is not a new concept and every organization goes through it. Resistance is most at the start of each change and eases down with name and things. Strong stance from PCB and patron and chief has made resistance very negligible.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes. It's an animal welfare organization because it provides jobs to dinosaurs.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    -

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yes. It's an animal welfare organization because it provides jobs to dinosaurs.
    How many dinosaurs are employed at the moment?
    If you have to take jibes for the sake of it, atleast make them relevant to the current situation.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent response by Wasim Khan

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    How can he say it better?

Bottom line is, PAK domestic players have to earn that money through their cricket & 80-20 rule applies everywhere - players have to work their butt hard to be in that elite 20%. It’s survival of the fittest. One thing I have learned in Canada is to be afraid of losing job - hence I protect it like what I do to protect my religion. PAK domestic players have to be scared like that instead of the free lunch that was served in past. Six teams and around 100 players are given a financial security via first & second XI contracts; add to that another 100 with some sort of security from match fees and other perks - that’s perfect; yes amount could have been higher but thats a function of PAK’s economy. Rest can play here & there club crickets and focus on developing second career - in any way they are not adding much to PAK cricket.

Let me be very, very harsh - when I completed my MBA ..... I was offered jobs in six MNCs even before my result was published - USAID, World Bank, Citi NA, Telenor, SCB & Unilever ..... and not to mention local companies & I didn’t apply for BAT & British Oxygen, neither for Chevron - I chose World Bank. Every year, there are around 6000 new MBAs hit job market in Bangladesh - from Foreign schools, IBA, Dhaka University & from several public & private universities...... and many of these “MBA”s join as sales man(ager) for Kohinoor face cream or Bawarchi oil mill..... surely, surely these MBAs are/were not happy, neither job secured. And, I am sure the job sector in Pakistan is very similar, so there will be many dissatisfied, insecure MBAs there as well. Why should PCB or PAK cricket jobs be different - it’s not a charity house on tax payers money.

Now, please suggest how can I say this politely? These opportunist people like Dr. Niaz shouldn’t ask questions that put Wasim Khan (PCB CEO) in awkward position, as every Tom, Dick & Harry understands the harsh financial reality of PAK cricket (Dr. Niaz has post grads from UK & Australia- he definitely understands) - but, since he did ask, I must praise WK to be blunt & clear without mincing words.

PAK media has to learn that PCB is not a charity house and money doesn’t come from printing machine.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    How can he say it better?

Bottom line is, PAK domestic players have to earn that money through their cricket & 80-20 rule applies everywhere - players have to work their butt hard to be in that elite 20%. It’s survival of the fittest. One thing I have learned in Canada is to be afraid of losing job - hence I protect it like what I do to protect my religion. PAK domestic players have to be scared like that instead of the free lunch that was served in past. Six teams and around 100 players are given a financial security via first & second XI contracts; add to that another 100 with some sort of security from match fees and other perks - that’s perfect; yes amount could have been higher but thats a function of PAK’s economy. Rest can play here & there club crickets and focus on developing second career - in any way they are not adding much to PAK cricket.

Let me be very, very harsh - when I completed my MBA ..... I was offered jobs in six MNCs even before my result was published - USAID, World Bank, Citi NA, Telenor, SCB & Unilever ..... and not to mention local companies & I didn’t apply for BAT & British Oxygen, neither for Chevron - I chose World Bank. Every year, there are around 6000 new MBAs hit job market in Bangladesh - from Foreign schools, IBA, Dhaka University & from several public & private universities...... and many of these “MBA”s join as sales man(ager) for Kohinoor face cream or Bawarchi oil mill..... surely, surely these MBAs are/were not happy, neither job secured. And, I am sure the job sector in Pakistan is very similar, so there will be many dissatisfied, insecure MBAs there as well. Why should PCB or PAK cricket jobs be different - it’s not a charity house on tax payers money.

Now, please suggest how can I say this politely? These opportunist people like Dr. Niaz shouldn’t ask questions that put Wasim Khan (PCB CEO) in awkward position, as every Tom, Dick & Harry understands the harsh financial reality of PAK cricket (Dr. Niaz has post grads from UK & Australia- he definitely understands) - but, since he did ask, I must praise WK to be blunt & clear without mincing words.

PAK media has to learn that PCB is not a charity house and money doesn’t come from printing machine.
    I couldn't say it better. Let me give you my example in Canada, i have been let go 6 times from various different employers. This is a very high performance society, everything is based on your current performance, expectations, environment, needs of the business, your past performances are not taken into consideration and neither are there any emotional sentiments involved, you can never tell when it will be your last day on the job and your employer can literally kick you on the road unexpectedly without notice without a semblance of guilt.

Contrast this to the realities and attitudes of the vast majority of govt organizations in Pakistan i.e. KESC, Wapda, PIA, Steel Mills where you have so many union workers who are getting fat salaries for the last 10-20-30 years for doing nothing, any chairman or hierarchy who decides to take action and terminate them, these non contributing, treasury exchequer eating workers somehow manage to easily get a stay order from the High Courts, Supreme Court or approach the political higher ups to pressurize the management to over turn the decisions.

These Pakistani departmental ex and current players are no different. Iqbal Qasim did not resign from the PCB Cricket Committee out of principal, he was frustrated because NBP terminated his services from their sports department and he failed in his mission to reinstate department cricket. Similarly Azhar Ali, Hafeez, Misbah did not approach the PM out of the goodness of their hearts with any deep concern, compassion for their fellow departmental cricketers, they are all employed by Sui Gas where they are making Rs 1,000,000 a month and they have been given notice to either start reporting for doing an actual job or to part ways.

Look at Basit Ali, he posted an emotional ranting video criticizing the PM and his decision to abolish department cricket, the PCB gave him a lolly pop by making him the head coach of one of the regional sides and he has since then gone quite.

IK in the actual meeting argued with the players that the guaranteed departmental salaries being given to players without any real exchange of professional or job services had made the players very lazy, entitled, lethargic and complacent after a while where their skills, performances did not develop after a point and in order to keep up with the world, there had to be a high performance domestic system.

IMO people in the subcontinent have no idea what it is like to live in a high performance society like the UK, US, Canada where there is no job security whatsoever unless you are an extraordinary performer. In fact i have met a lot of individuals who have gone into self employment or start their own business because of the uncertainties they encountered when working as an employee or for someone else. People in Pakistan need an attitude adjustment and the departmental cricketers in Pakistan are no different. Perform or Perish. Welcome to the 21st century

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan is right but this shouldn't just be limited to domestic cricketers but also those involved in the national team like Misbah who currently has two jobs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to remember it's a third world country and lack of livelihood may affect hundreds of lives in a country where opportunities are few.
    Secondly, his own country has the domestic cricket where there are what 10-12 teams atleast.
    Easy for him to say such stuff while collecting millions per month.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    He needs to remember it's a third world country and lack of livelihood may affect hundreds of lives in a country where opportunities are few.
    Secondly, his own country has the domestic cricket where there are what 10-12 teams atleast.
    Easy for him to say such stuff while collecting millions per month.
    Livelihood still has to be earned and the same rule applies for cricketers, those not good enough are being weeded out. The players let go are free to pursue other avenues to make a living. In the domestic structure only the best players will play

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I couldn't say it better. Let me give you my example in Canada, i have been let go 6 times from various different employers. This is a very high performance society, everything is based on your current performance, expectations, environment, needs of the business, your past performances are not taken into consideration and neither are there any emotional sentiments involved, you can never tell when it will be your last day on the job and your employer can literally kick you on the road unexpectedly without notice without a semblance of guilt.

Contrast this to the realities and attitudes of the vast majority of govt organizations in Pakistan i.e. KESC, Wapda, PIA, Steel Mills where you have so many union workers who are getting fat salaries for the last 10-20-30 years for doing nothing, any chairman or hierarchy who decides to take action and terminate them, these non contributing, treasury exchequer eating workers somehow manage to easily get a stay order from the High Courts, Supreme Court or approach the political higher ups to pressurize the management to over turn the decisions.

These Pakistani departmental ex and current players are no different. Iqbal Qasim did not resign from the PCB Cricket Committee out of principal, he was frustrated because NBP terminated his services from their sports department and he failed in his mission to reinstate department cricket. Similarly Azhar Ali, Hafeez, Misbah did not approach the PM out of the goodness of their hearts with any deep concern, compassion for their fellow departmental cricketers, they are all employed by Sui Gas where they are making Rs 1,000,000 a month and they have been given notice to either start reporting for doing an actual job or to part ways.

Look at Basit Ali, he posted an emotional ranting video criticizing the PM and his decision to abolish department cricket, the PCB gave him a lolly pop by making him the head coach of one of the regional sides and he has since then gone quite.

IK in the actual meeting argued with the players that the guaranteed departmental salaries being given to players without any real exchange of professional or job services had made the players very lazy, entitled, lethargic and complacent after a while where their skills, performances did not develop after a point and in order to keep up with the world, there had to be a high performance domestic system.

IMO people in the subcontinent have no idea what it is like to live in a high performance society like the UK, US, Canada where there is no job security whatsoever unless you are an extraordinary performer. In fact i have met a lot of individuals who have gone into self employment or start their own business because of the uncertainties they encountered when working as an employee or for someone else. People in Pakistan need an attitude adjustment and the departmental cricketers in Pakistan are no different. Perform or Perish. Welcome to the 21st century
    Oi, don't go lecturing people on job security and high performance societies when losing a job don't mean you go hungry. Canada and subcontinent is at different stages of human experiment. Please don't patronise us heartlessly.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling some people think PCB stands for Pakistan Charity Board.

Savage response and the right one.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Oi, don't go lecturing people on job security and high performance societies when losing a job don't mean you go hungry. Canada and subcontinent is at different stages of human experiment. Please don't patronise us heartlessly.
    Lol, you think people in the West don't have problems and bills to pay inspite of losing jobs here?

Everything is earned in life

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the right message but unfortunately does not apply to the privileged.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol, you think people in the West don't have problems and bills to pay inspite of losing jobs here?

Canada has goid unemployment benefits and many other safety nets. Pakistani domestic cricketers have none of those. Have some empathy.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Canada has goid unemployment benefits and many other safety nets. Pakistani domestic cricketers have none of those. Have some empathy.
    Yup even UK has a benefit system as well. There is no safety net in Pakistan. Those cricketers that have been affected by the new system somehow need to be dealt with care and empathy. Give them sort of financial assistance by the goverment

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE, Sep 23 (APP): Pakistan Cricket Board has revealed it will offer lucrative 12-month contracts to a big number of unemployed cricketers for the 2020-21 domestic cricket season, which gets under way in Multan with the National T20 Cup First XI matches on 30 September.

PCB Director of High Performance, Nadeem Khan, told APP on Wednesday from Islamabad that based on feedback received from the 192 cricketers, who have been selected for the 2020-21 domestic central contracts, 76 per cent have confirmed they were without any permanent or contractual jobs.

“These are staggering numbers and present the clear picture that most of our top cricketers, including some future stars, were with any jobs or guaranteed income until the PCB came forward and offered them 12-month performance-based contracts.

“11 percent cricketers out of the 192 have permanent employments with either WAPDA, SNGPL and PIA, while the remaining 13 percent have contractual employment with 12 departments. These statistics does not include the 18 centrally contracted and three cricketers with emerging contracts who are employed by the PCB.

“If you break this down further, then the data suggests 146 cricketers out of 192 are without any jobs, while 46 cricketers have some sort of employment, including 22 permanent employment and 24 contractual employment,” the former Test spinner said.

According to the 2020-21 domestic players’ data, the 192 cricketers will represent 15 departments namely CDA, Kausar Sons Leisure Pvt. Ltd., K-Electric, KP Police, KPT, KRL, NESCOM (PMO), PAF, Pakistan Navy, PIA, Port Qasim, S&G Adm. Balochistan, SNGPL, WAPDA and ZTBL.

Nadeem, who won around 15 national titles with various domestic teams in a 17-year career from 1986 to 2003, said the PCB will continue to look after the wellbeing of its best domestic cricketers besides giving the younger generation a pathway to professionalism.

“The $200million three-year deal is a game-changer that will not only end over-reliance on foreign broadcasters but will be reinvested into cricket, including increasing players’ contract value. This is no lip service, we have already done this in the 2020-21 domestic season where there is an increase of 83 per cent in First XI players’ earnings.

“But we are not only looking after current domestic cricketers, but also trying to create opportunities for players in the twilight of their careers by encouraging them to take up coaching and match officials’ roles. “I am particularly keen to see some of our former Test cricketers to qualify in the ICC match officials’ panel. Pakistan’s last match referee on the ICC panel was Wasim Raja about 18 years ago, while Nadeem Ghauri was the last Pakistan umpire to stand in a Test that too 15 years.

“Unfortunately, we have not worked as hard as we should have to motivate former cricketers to take up match officials’ roles. I have spoken to a few cricketers who are nearing the end of their careers and they have expressed their interest. The PCB will continue to engage with them and create pathways for them to stay connected with the game, albeit in different roles,” Nadeem, who took 534 first-class wickets, said.
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th September 2020 at 21:51.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully agree, you only have to look at PIA to see what this culture delivers.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if Najam Sethi or a PML N or PPP appointee was in charge of the PCB for your peace of mind
    some people will never be satisfied, they call for pakistan to move into the 21st Century bla bla, and then hen they try and modernize the structure and setup they are ridiculed. this is not an overnight success story.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Correction:

Ex-cricketers have jobs in every board in the world. It is not exclusive to the PCB. And when you open up high performance centers as every international test-playing team has, it usually helps to have people who have played the game run it.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    LAHORE, Sep 23 (APP): Pakistan Cricket Board has revealed it will offer lucrative 12-month contracts to a big number of unemployed cricketers for the 2020-21 domestic cricket season, which gets under way in Multan with the National T20 Cup First XI matches on 30 September.

PCB Director of High Performance, Nadeem Khan, told APP on Wednesday from Islamabad that based on feedback received from the 192 cricketers, who have been selected for the 2020-21 domestic central contracts, 76 per cent have confirmed they were without any permanent or contractual jobs.

“These are staggering numbers and present the clear picture that most of our top cricketers, including some future stars, were with any jobs or guaranteed income until the PCB came forward and offered them 12-month performance-based contracts.

“11 percent cricketers out of the 192 have permanent employments with either WAPDA, SNGPL and PIA, while the remaining 13 percent have contractual employment with 12 departments. These statistics does not include the 18 centrally contracted and three cricketers with emerging contracts who are employed by the PCB.

“If you break this down further, then the data suggests 146 cricketers out of 192 are without any jobs, while 46 cricketers have some sort of employment, including 22 permanent employment and 24 contractual employment,” the former Test spinner said.

According to the 2020-21 domestic players’ data, the 192 cricketers will represent 15 departments namely CDA, Kausar Sons Leisure Pvt. Ltd., K-Electric, KP Police, KPT, KRL, NESCOM (PMO), PAF, Pakistan Navy, PIA, Port Qasim, S&G Adm. Balochistan, SNGPL, WAPDA and ZTBL.

Nadeem, who won around 15 national titles with various domestic teams in a 17-year career from 1986 to 2003, said the PCB will continue to look after the wellbeing of its best domestic cricketers besides giving the younger generation a pathway to professionalism.

“The $200million three-year deal is a game-changer that will not only end over-reliance on foreign broadcasters but will be reinvested into cricket, including increasing players’ contract value. This is no lip service, we have already done this in the 2020-21 domestic season where there is an increase of 83 per cent in First XI players’ earnings.

“But we are not only looking after current domestic cricketers, but also trying to create opportunities for players in the twilight of their careers by encouraging them to take up coaching and match officials’ roles. “I am particularly keen to see some of our former Test cricketers to qualify in the ICC match officials’ panel. Pakistan’s last match referee on the ICC panel was Wasim Raja about 18 years ago, while Nadeem Ghauri was the last Pakistan umpire to stand in a Test that too 15 years.

“Unfortunately, we have not worked as hard as we should have to motivate former cricketers to take up match officials’ roles. I have spoken to a few cricketers who are nearing the end of their careers and they have expressed their interest. The PCB will continue to engage with them and create pathways for them to stay connected with the game, albeit in different roles,” Nadeem, who took 534 first-class wickets, said.
    The numbers in first part of the news is something that PAK Govt. should do an inquiry.

76% of 192 is like 146 of the top cricketers in PAK were not contracted with the corporates - I see 15 corporates there, which should be enough to accommodate at least 200 cricketers. But from this list of 192, 46 were part of that pool + I can add another may be 34 National cricketers or top players who were happy with their regional (in previous model) contract - that’s 80 players. To be in safe side, let’s take 100, means there were at least another 100 cricketers, who were enjoying Corporate contracts but missing the list of PCB’s latest selection of ~200 cricketers.

It gives two possibilities- 1. PCB’s selection of these 192 is extremely biased, manipulative and reference based without merit. Or, 2. Corporate cricket in PAK cricket was used for day light robbery for selective people. Neither one is a good case and I hope PM Imran sets an independent inquiry panel to dig in deep. If I were in charge, I would have appointed an active, sadist, vindictive but capable three star General as head of that Inquary panel.
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th September 2020 at 21:50.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

People in Pakistan and India think we in the West live like kings for simply making it here, as if money just grows from trees in local parks here.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    People in Pakistan and India think we in the West live like kings for simply making it here, as if money just grows from trees in local parks here.
    Yeah honestly. There's plenty of pressure here to study and get a good job. They are just jealous.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Yeah honestly. There's plenty of pressure here to study and get a good job. They are just jealous.
    Not jealous but certainty envious. Why not? If you know even a little bit of the life in subcontinent you would have more sympathy for those unemployed cricketers. Privilege has a tendency to make decent people blind and cruel.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Unemployment only kicks in if you have contributed to it while working. Secondly applying for unemployment has conditions i.e. you are fit, capable of working and actively looking for a job. Thirdly, the unemployment amount which kicks in is limited i.e. max of $1,600-2,000 a month and for some people that just covers their rent/mortgage at best but doesn't pay for anything. These are provided by the federal govt through the taxes and unemployment source deductions that are deducted from our paycheques.

These players who have been laid off (i am pretty certain they were let go because they were not contributing much to the organizations) should either actively look for other options to earn or its the federal, provincial governments job to provide them unemployment benefits, the PCB is not responsible for them and shouldn't be. The PCB's first priority should be to only have the best cricketers involved in Pakistan Cricket

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, i would argue if you earn a middle class or even upper middle class salary in Pakistan or India, you can live a very comfortable, luxurious life there which you still might not be able to afford in US, UK or Canada unless you are earning a hollywood paycheque.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    I wouldn't say it's jealousy. If they've never seen the outside world for themselves their perception of it is what they see in movies and other entertainment.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not jealous but certainty envious. Why not? If you know even a little bit of the life in subcontinent you would have more sympathy for those unemployed cricketers. Privilege has a tendency to make decent people blind and cruel.
    I'm not a master of life in the subcontinent, after all I've never actually lived there. I do know about life here though. Nothing gets handed to you. You still need to work hard. You don't get free money when you're unemployed. If I've never worked before then I'm not getting anything. If I've worked then it's gonna be my own money which was taken from my pay every month by the government, to give back to me in case I'm unemployed. Nothing in life comes free, whether it's here in Canada, or in India/Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol, i would argue if you earn a middle class or even upper middle class salary in Pakistan or India, you can live a very comfortable, luxurious life there which you still might not be able to afford in US, UK or Canada unless you are earning a hollywood paycheque.
    My mom has often argued the same. She says that even middle class people in Pakistan have maids to cook and clean. Meanwhile over here if you want maids you need to be making hundreds of thousands a year. If you don't, do all the domestic work yourself.

Obviously it's a sacrifice worth making. At least we have a semblance of law and order over here.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These unemployed departmental cricketers will happily do odd jobs like being a security guard, driving taxi's, uber, working in the grocery store, behind the counter in a fast food joint or resteraunt in the West but they consider these things below their dignity in Pakistan and India. This is a cultural problem. I lived in Pakistan for 25 years so i know full well, even i felt uncomfortable early on working behind the counter at Tim Hortons in my first paying job in Canada especially given that i had completed my MBA from one of the top business schools in Pakistan but then i got used to it and used it as a stepping stone to acclimitize to the local culture.

People who come from Pakistan, India to the West get a huge attitude and reality check where they realize they have to accept and be open to doing anything to earn a living in their new country.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The departments are to blame for this. The PCB has very patiently and sincerely negotiated with them to sponsor the regional teams for the last 20-30 years but they just bluntly refused and kept delaying, procastinating and created hurdles.

IK had no choice but to adopt a bloodbath full force approach as these badniyat departments were never ever going to listen via the pyaar, peaceful approach. The affected cricketers should be directing their ire towards their departments.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Livelihood still has to be earned and the same rule applies for cricketers, those not good enough are being weeded out. The players let go are free to pursue other avenues to make a living. In the domestic structure only the best players will play
    If only it would apply to the useless people leeching the higher posts in the very same PCB.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well !!! Well ... Excellent sir.

There is no better explanation than this, You nailed it....

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not a master of life in the subcontinent, after all I've never actually lived there. I do know about life here though. Nothing gets handed to you. You still need to work hard. You don't get free money when you're unemployed. If I've never worked before then I'm not getting anything. If I've worked then it's gonna be my own money which was taken from my pay every month by the government, to give back to me in case I'm unemployed. Nothing in life comes free, whether it's here in Canada, or in India/Pakistan
    It's about opportunities and respect, for a blue collar worker West is heaven compared to SC.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Dept Model had failed badly- it was badly organised rubbish. My criticism of the change is not the change, which was badly needed but the lack of changes below the elite level. If players dont get into the 12 teams, what route has been created for players to find a way in. It needs to be looked at urgently.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The Dept Model had failed badly- it was badly organised rubbish. My criticism of the change is not the change, which was badly needed but the lack of changes below the elite level. If players dont get into the 12 teams, what route has been created for players to find a way in. It needs to be looked at urgently.
    There will be approximately 90 city teams which will feed to the top region teams above. Below that you will have clubs.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a report of Misbah and Azhar having a meeting with Wasim Khan. Both of them will have document evidence of playera getting paid more in pervious system. Great going by these two for being the voice of the players. Never in favour of department cricket but finanical well being of active cricketers needs to taken care of.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Del

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let me remind people here. When you earn only 40k, and have to pay rent and look after family than dont expect good diet or fitness levels by the palyers. As good feed is affordable

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    There is a report of Misbah and Azhar having a meeting with Wasim Khan. Both of them will have document evidence of playera getting paid more in pervious system. Great going by these two for being the voice of the players. Never in favour of department cricket but finanical well being of active cricketers needs to taken care of.

Moot, the PCB knows this, they are objecting to the players going to the PM behind their back. The PCB will make the new system more feasible in the long run

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let me remind people here. When you earn only 40k, and have to pay rent and look after family than dont expect good diet or fitness levels by the palyers. As good feed is affordable
    Pays will improve going forward