Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Thread: Sadhguru

Results 1 to 70 of 70
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Sadhguru

    Interesting fellow this chap.

    Does anyone know which religion he follows?

    In this video, he is asked 'What religion are you'? He replies 'I dont identify myself with any religion'.

    Earlier he states 'WE' shouldnt forget pointing to British and 'Islamic invasions'. Tharoor edcuates him by saying they 'Muslms' became us but he seems confused. Who is the 'WE' he is reffering too?

    Is this man supposed to be some sort of great intellectual? He seems confused and a person with little intellect or understanding of reality.



    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,137
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One could say that by distancing himself from Hinduism he is not being genuine. There is a Adiyogi Shiva statue at his Isha Yoga Center. And as far as I know Shiva is a God in Hinduism - apologies if I am incorrect.

    His points would make more sense if he accepts that he is a Hindu and is representing Hindus when he says "we". I liked the way all 3 participants remained calm while debating. Fresh breath of air in today's times.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    One could say that by distancing himself from Hinduism he is not being genuine. There is a Adiyogi Shiva statue at his Isha Yoga Center. And as far as I know Shiva is a God in Hinduism - apologies if I am incorrect.

    His points would make more sense if he accepts that he is a Hindu and is representing Hindus when he says "we". I liked the way all 3 participants remained calm while debating. Fresh breath of air in today's times.
    I agree, the debate seemed to be very mature, not the usual shouting etc.

    Also agree, he seems to be saying 'WE' as a Hindu but has a great cop out saying he is of no religion so nobody can question the people from his faith.

    Is the man highly respected by Hindus or more of a screen star?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    One could say that by distancing himself from Hinduism he is not being genuine. There is a Adiyogi Shiva statue at his Isha Yoga Center. And as far as I know Shiva is a God in Hinduism - apologies if I am incorrect.

    His points would make more sense if he accepts that he is a Hindu and is representing Hindus when he says "we". I liked the way all 3 participants remained calm while debating. Fresh breath of air in today's times.
    lots of southeast Asian countries follow Shiva, Vishnu as deities, energy
    And majority of these countries are Buddhists with only a minority Hindu pop %

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,137
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I agree, the debate seemed to be very mature, not the usual shouting etc.

    Also agree, he seems to be saying 'WE' as a Hindu but has a great cop out saying he is of no religion so nobody can question the people from his faith.

    Is the man highly respected by Hindus or more of a screen star?
    I guess the cop out helps him portray an impartial image that allows him to attract attendance from different religions. He is a bit polarizing. A lot of urban, English speaking folks respect him.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I guess the cop out helps him portray an impartial image that allows him to attract attendance from different religions. He is a bit polarizing. A lot of urban, English speaking folks respect him.
    Seems like a bit of fraud to me but appreciate your info, thanks.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen tons of his videos and based on my understanding, I think Sadhguru is an atheist.
    He believes in AdiYogi Shiva. But not the deity Shiva that we all know. His main thing is to get ourselves better by separating body, mind and soul. He calls it inner engineering. He offers courses on them.
    He is in the mold of Osho, but does not say out loud that he is an atheist like Osho. He tells you to find out if there is God and the ultimate truth by keeping an open brain and not get influenced by others opinions.
    Sadhguru is a big fan of Shiva and Buddha. He is a great proponent of yoga and Sadhana.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,173
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lot of my right wing indian colleagues/classmates follow him

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,698
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find him idiotic.

    I never listen to him.



  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Hindu Atheist, quick to become atheist when has to criticize Islam and Pakistan, sentence either begin or end with "I am an atheist", but also become Hindu atheist when they have to defend Hindutva led government against Muslim minorities in India.

    Plenty of them are on this forum.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,698
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Coffee View Post
    A Hindu Atheist, quick to become atheist when has to criticize Islam and Pakistan, sentence either begin or end with "I am an atheist", but also become Hindu atheist when they have to defend Hindutva led government against Muslim minorities in India.

    Plenty of them are on this forum.
    What the hell is a Hindu atheist? LOL. That's an oxymoron.

    This Sadhguru guy seems really confused.



  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,365
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru is a top mind and a gem. He is one of those few gurus when they speak you listen. Millions of people subscribed to his Isa foundation. He has not only followings in India but across the world.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,698
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru is a top mind and a gem. He is one of those few gurus when they speak you listen. Millions of people subscribed to his Isa foundation. He has not only followings in India but across the world.
    So, what's his identity? Is he a Hindu? Is he an atheist? It is not very clear.



  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,365
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    So, what's his identity? Is he a Hindu? Is he an atheist? It is not very clear.
    Religion is not the only identity but he is a proud hindu and Lord Shiva's follower. But he is not a religious guru rather a social influencer. Great mind and the reason why many top universities around the world invites him to share his wisdom with the youth.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru is a top mind and a gem. He is one of those few gurus when they speak you listen. Millions of people subscribed to his Isa foundation. He has not only followings in India but across the world.
    I found him lame, poorly educated and a lack of understanding of basic reality. You could see Tharoor about to die of laughter but he contained himself.

    Maybe you can shed light on him, perhaps Im wrong?

    Is he Hindu? When he mentions 'WE' who is he referring too?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    I have seen tons of his videos and based on my understanding, I think Sadhguru is an atheist.
    He believes in AdiYogi Shiva. But not the deity Shiva that we all know. His main thing is to get ourselves better by separating body, mind and soul. He calls it inner engineering. He offers courses on them.
    He is in the mold of Osho, but does not say out loud that he is an atheist like Osho. He tells you to find out if there is God and the ultimate truth by keeping an open brain and not get influenced by others opinions.
    Sadhguru is a big fan of Shiva and Buddha. He is a great proponent of yoga and Sadhana.
    Sounds like a certain type of Hindu who will not acknowledge this to the public for some strange reason.

    If he'[s an athiest, why is he wasting time of spiritual matters? Makes no sense.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    6,913
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    generic life coach in ascetic yogi flavouring.

    ppl are disenfranchised and want someone to show teach them something that makes them feel they are improving without having to put in any of the preverbial blood, sweat and tears, whether it is sadhguru and his spirituality or tai lopez and his youtube ads.

    he caters to his followers, like they all do.

    if he openly starts talking about hinduism he will alienate potentially his most lucrative audience (westerners) and if he abandons his hinduism completely he will lose a chunk of his basic support.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,137
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    generic life coach in ascetic yogi flavouring.

    ppl are disenfranchised and want someone to show teach them something that makes them feel they are improving without having to put in any of the preverbial blood, sweat and tears, whether it is sadhguru and his spirituality or tai lopez and his youtube ads.

    he caters to his followers, like they all do.

    if he openly starts talking about hinduism he will alienate potentially his most lucrative audience (westerners) and if he abandons his hinduism completely he will lose a chunk of his basic support.
    Couldn't have summed it up any better.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    103
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I found him lame, poorly educated and a lack of understanding of basic reality. You could see Tharoor about to die of laughter but he contained himself.

    Maybe you can shed light on him, perhaps Im wrong?

    Is he Hindu? When he mentions 'WE' who is he referring too?
    He mentioned clearly, "we" means Nation. Perhaps you have not watched it and rushed to pronounce him "lame". My advise, do more research before making generic statements.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIC_FANtastic View Post
    He mentioned clearly, "we" means Nation. Perhaps you have not watched it and rushed to pronounce him "lame". My advise, do more research before making generic statements.
    This makes it even more lame. If 'WE' means nation, then he is being idiotic by exculding Muslims in the nation, who have made India in the last 1000 years while Hindu's have had reduced relevance.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have watched many videos of him. He has as much credibility as Dr Zakir Naik. Baffled that educated people can support such a fool.

    Not to mention he is a shill of the BJP, who slyly spreads hate against Muslims.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,365
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    I have watched many videos of him. He has as much credibility as Dr Zakir Naik. Baffled that educated people can support such a fool.

    Not to mention he is a shill of the BJP, who slyly spreads hate against Muslims.
    Zakir Naik's preachings are currently banned in India, Bangladesh, Canada, United Kingdom and Malyasia under anti terrorism and anti hate laws.

    Jaggi Vasudev is free man and can go anywhere. He is regularly invited to universities like Harvard and Oxford to interact with students.

    Comparing Sadhguru with Zakir Naik is hilarious. Pls dont make these kind of comparisons outside in real world.

    Btw, what hatred did he spread against muslims?

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    So, what's his identity? Is he a Hindu? Is he an atheist? It is not very clear.
    He is an athiest who follows Adi Yogi (the first person who taught Yoga to the world). That is what I get after seeing his videos. He never says that there is a God or not.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    I have watched many videos of him. He has as much credibility as Dr Zakir Naik. Baffled that educated people can support such a fool.

    Not to mention he is a shill of the BJP, who slyly spreads hate against Muslims.
    Do you have any proof? He never commented even once on Muslims or Islam or Allah from all the videos I have seen. He stays away from Islam completely.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Do you have any proof? He never commented even once on Muslims or Islam or Allah from all the videos I have seen. He stays away from Islam completely.
    He made a comment in the video in the OP. He said 'WE' should never forget Muslims coming and ruling over us. But doesnt accept Muslims as 'WE'. The man is an utter fool as he knows little history and not realising Muslims have made India for over a 1000 years, they are more 'Indian' than he is because they done more for the nation. He is sitting around with a long white beard portraying himself as some enlighted great intellectual but in reality is a poorly educated person spewing the same nonsense as Modi and co.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He made a comment in the video in the OP. He said 'WE' should never forget Muslims coming and ruling over us. But doesnt accept Muslims as 'WE'. The man is an utter fool as he knows little history and not realising Muslims have made India for over a 1000 years, they are more 'Indian' than he is because they done more for the nation. He is sitting around with a long white beard portraying himself as some enlighted great intellectual but in reality is a poorly educated person spewing the same nonsense as Modi and co.
    So where did the likes of Babur come from? Tamilnadu?

    Sadhguru is right in saying that we let foreigners rule India for hundreds of years while treating the locals as second class citizens.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,365
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He made a comment in the video in the OP. He said 'WE' should never forget Muslims coming and ruling over us. But doesnt accept Muslims as 'WE'. The man is an utter fool as he knows little history and not realising Muslims have made India for over a 1000 years, they are more 'Indian' than he is because they done more for the nation. He is sitting around with a long white beard portraying himself as some enlighted great intellectual but in reality is a poorly educated person spewing the same nonsense as Modi and co.
    Totally agree with him. We must never forget muslims conquerors coming and ruling us, like we must never forget Britain ruling us. Since 1947 Nehruvian education textbooks taught us in school that India only got independence from Britain after 400 years of struggle. But the fact remains, Mughals and other overseas conquerors were also ruled us and Indian subcontinent was a 'gulaam' for over 1300 years. So in that context he is totally right...they (muslim invaders) will never be us and we must never consider them as us. Mughals will never be us, Taimur will never be us etc. Not in million years..lol. But he never said anything about Indian muslims and was just mentioning the conquerors.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,320
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    I have watched many videos of him. He has as much credibility as Dr Zakir Naik. Baffled that educated people can support such a fool.

    Not to mention he is a shill of the BJP, who slyly spreads hate against Muslims.
    Not on the same category yet, maybe in future, anyone that spreads religion is false and shouldn't have any credibility.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    So where did the likes of Babur come from? Tamilnadu?

    Sadhguru is right in saying that we let foreigners rule India for hundreds of years while treating the locals as second class citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Totally agree with him. We must never forget muslims conquerors coming and ruling us, like we must never forget Britain ruling us. Since 1947 Nehruvian education textbooks taught us in school that India only got independence from Britain after 400 years of struggle. But the fact remains, Mughals and other overseas conquerors were also ruled us and Indian subcontinent was a 'gulaam' for over 1300 years. So in that context he is totally right...they (muslim invaders) will never be us and we must never consider them as us. Mughals will never be us, Taimur will never be us etc. Not in million years..lol. But he never said anything about Indian muslims and was just mentioning the conquerors.
    When a people remain, they are no longer invaders lol. The Muslims made the land the richest nation on Earth for a period. This fake guru has little education and has done nothing for his country compared to great Muslim rulers of the past.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Not on the same category yet, maybe in future, anyone that spreads religion is false and shouldn't have any credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Do you have any proof? He never commented even once on Muslims or Islam or Allah from all the videos I have seen. He stays away from Islam completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Btw, what hatred did he spread against muslims?
    I said slyly. I will give two examples.

    1 - On a video discussing CAA he stated that non Muslims that stayed back in West Pakistan were 23%. And that because of wide spread persecution they are almost all gone, and the remaining ones need to be offered citizenship in India.

    This is complete nonsense. More Muslims went to West Pakistan than Hindus/Sikhs went to India. Since the 1951 census to the last available census of 1998 the population of Hindus has risen in Pakistan.

    So not only is he lying, hes implying to his audience see look at how bad the Muslims were. And see how good we are. We let Muslims in Kerala, and Gujarat, and Uttar Pardesh stay in India. It has nothing to do with the fact that 100% of those states went to India, its because of our tolerance.

    And the fact that most Hindus and Sikhs left to India is because of Pakistani intolerance. It has nothing to with the fact that most of Hindus and Sikhs in West Pakistan were Punjabi, and the state was partitioned.

    If this is not spreading hatred i dont what is.

    2 - Muslim Kings were more oppressive than British colonist. A colonist is someone who sends the wealth of one land back to his homeland. Muslim Kings home was in India. The first King could have been a foreigner, but 99% of the Kings were born in the subcontinent. They died in the subcontinent, they intermarried with subcontinent people, they are buried in the subcontinent. They are as foreign to the subcontinent as Sadhguru.

    By calling the majority of them foreign invaders is a way to spread hate against Muslims, and their culture.

    And If Muslim Kings were bad because they discriminated against Hindus, then Hindu Kings were also bad as they discriminated against low caste Hindus.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    When a people remain, they are no longer invaders lol. The Muslims made the land the richest nation on Earth for a period. This fake guru has little education and has done nothing for his country compared to great Muslim rulers of the past.
    They call the cuisine, architecture, clothing, language that the invaders created Indian.

    Yet the Kings who are responsible for creating this culture as foreign invaders. Unbelievable.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    When a people remain, they are no longer invaders lol. The Muslims made the land the richest nation on Earth for a period. This fake guru has little education and has done nothing for his country compared to great Muslim rulers of the past.
    If Americans launch attack on Pakistan and stay there, then Americans are not invaders?


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    They call the cuisine, architecture, clothing, language that the invaders created Indian.

    Yet the Kings who are responsible for creating this culture as foreign invaders. Unbelievable.
    Its a difficult thing for extremists to accept the truth of their past. Before the 'invaders' the land was of little relevance in the world but a few hundreds years later became a superpower.

    The worse truth for such people is the Hindus ruling today are making a mockery of the land, India has become a laughing stock , a 3rd world nation, more poverty than southern parts of Africa, worst nation for women on the planet, the list goes on. But the RSS saffron brigade and some patriotic Indians blame the Muslims of the past.

    I hope Indians see sense and stop listening to this fake guru, he actually knows nothing.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    If Americans launch attack on Pakistan and stay there, then Americans are not invaders?
    If they stay to rule and turn Pakistan into the richest nation on the planet while the public start to live a better life all round, we would all welcome it.

    If it werent for the Muslim who ruled most of India for a 1000 years , your country would have nothing of note today. Taj Mahal isnt a Hindu structure, its the main image of India worldwide, let that sink in and clean your heart of hatred. Main reason being you cannot change the past and you cannot to anything to Muslims to hurt them, the RSS are pathetic and inept fools.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    If they stay to rule and turn Pakistan into the richest nation on the planet while the public start to live a better life all round, we would all welcome it.

    If it werent for the Muslim who ruled most of India for a 1000 years , your country would have nothing of note today. Taj Mahal isnt a Hindu structure, its the main image of India worldwide, let that sink in and clean your heart of hatred. Main reason being you cannot change the past and you cannot to anything to Muslims to hurt them, the RSS are pathetic and inept fools.
    They come and rule you, convert your people and become filthy rich while the rest of Pakistanis remain poor. They never adopt Pakistani culture and impose their language on you and eat pork in front of you. They do this for 400 years.
    I am sure you will like it and call them those Americans great Pakistanis


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, RSS and Hindutva fellows are inept and no question about it.
    When a group of people come to live in a different country or land, they should adopt the local customs and language. Not impose their culture on the locals and start converting locals using money, force and missionaries.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,320
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    I said slyly. I will give two examples.

    1 - On a video discussing CAA he stated that non Muslims that stayed back in West Pakistan were 23%. And that because of wide spread persecution they are almost all gone, and the remaining ones need to be offered citizenship in India.

    This is complete nonsense. More Muslims went to West Pakistan than Hindus/Sikhs went to India. Since the 1951 census to the last available census of 1998 the population of Hindus has risen in Pakistan.

    So not only is he lying, hes implying to his audience see look at how bad the Muslims were. And see how good we are. We let Muslims in Kerala, and Gujarat, and Uttar Pardesh stay in India. It has nothing to do with the fact that 100% of those states went to India, its because of our tolerance.

    And the fact that most Hindus and Sikhs left to India is because of Pakistani intolerance. It has nothing to with the fact that most of Hindus and Sikhs in West Pakistan were Punjabi, and the state was partitioned.

    If this is not spreading hatred i dont what is.

    2 - Muslim Kings were more oppressive than British colonist. A colonist is someone who sends the wealth of one land back to his homeland. Muslim Kings home was in India. The first King could have been a foreigner, but 99% of the Kings were born in the subcontinent. They died in the subcontinent, they intermarried with subcontinent people, they are buried in the subcontinent. They are as foreign to the subcontinent as Sadhguru.

    By calling the majority of them foreign invaders is a way to spread hate against Muslims, and their culture.

    And If Muslim Kings were bad because they discriminated against Hindus, then Hindu Kings were also bad as they discriminated against low caste Hindus.

    Your post has nothing to do with my quote, I don't support Sankaracharya, Ramdev, Sai Baba etc etc Sadhguru will also be bottom in that list.

    But based on your logic Palestinians should allow Israel to make them tech savy and rich just give them 100-200 years and Palestine will do as well as Israel with good life for its citizens, not sure why Palestinians resist.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Firstly, RSS and Hindutva fellows are inept and no question about it.
    When a group of people come to live in a different country or land, they should adopt the local customs and language. Not impose their culture on the locals and start converting locals using money, force and missionaries.
    There is a difference between a common man immigrating to a land, vs a conquering army who become the new elite. The elite will impose their own culture.

    So in the case of the subcontinent the Muslims elite had a Persian Central Asian culture. However since they intermarried with the Hindu elite, the culture became a mix of Indian/Persian culture.

    However now the Hindu elite does not want to follow this culture anymore, and common Hindus will follow them. But the common Muslims wont. Why? Because the Muslim elite of the subcontinent is still there. They dont live in Arabia, or Iran, or Central Asia. They live in the subcontinent.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    There is a difference between a common man immigrating to a land, vs a conquering army who become the new elite. The elite will impose their own culture.

    So in the case of the subcontinent the Muslims elite had a Persian Central Asian culture. However since they intermarried with the Hindu elite, the culture became a mix of Indian/Persian culture.

    However now the Hindu elite does not want to follow this culture anymore, and common Hindus will follow them. But the common Muslims wont. Why? Because the Muslim elite of the subcontinent is still there. They dont live in Arabia, or Iran, or Central Asia. They live in the subcontinent.
    Hence they are invaders and are full of themselves and never considered the newly adopted land and its culture as theirs.
    Just because you live in a country does not make you a native if you do not follow the local customs, traditions and language. Anyone who does not do that is an invader or encroacher.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Your post has nothing to do with my quote, I don't support Sankaracharya, Ramdev, Sai Baba etc etc Sadhguru will also be bottom in that list.

    But based on your logic Palestinians should allow Israel to make them tech savy and rich just give them 100-200 years and Palestine will do as well as Israel with good life for its citizens, not sure why Palestinians resist.
    Difference is that the Israelis did a population transfer of Palestinians to become a majority.

    In case of Muslims in the subcontinent, only a small percentage of them have ancestors who came from the outside. Those people who had ancestors who came from outside of the subcontinent, will also have ancestors from the subcontinent via intermarriage. It was cultural assimilation.

    So it was elite replacement, not population replacement.

    So i dont see any comparison between Israel and Palestine to the subcontinent.

    And i also quoted you, as you said he is not as bad as Dr. Naik. I see both of them as thugs.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Hence they are invaders and are full of themselves and never considered the newly adopted land and its culture as theirs.
    Just because you live in a country does not make you a native if you do not follow the local customs, traditions and language. Anyone who does not do that is an invader or encroacher.
    You didnt read this part

    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post

    So in the case of the subcontinent the Muslims elite had a Persian Central Asian culture. However since they intermarried with the Hindu elite, the culture became a mix of Indian/Persian culture.
    So definitely the first King of a dynasty was a foreigner. But subsequent ones cant be considered foreign as they did adopt elements of local culture.

    You can see those elements in their language, cuisine, clothing, architecture. It was a mix of both Indian and Persian/Central Asian cultures.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,320
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Difference is that the Israelis did a population transfer of Palestinians to become a majority.

    In case of Muslims in the subcontinent, only a small percentage of them have ancestors who came from the outside. Those people who had ancestors who came from outside of the subcontinent, will also have ancestors from the subcontinent via intermarriage. It was cultural assimilation.

    So it was elite replacement, not population replacement.

    So i dont see any comparison between Israel and Palestine to the subcontinent.

    And i also quoted you, as you said he is not as bad as Dr. Naik. I see both of them as thugs.
    Lol tell that to Pakistanis that refuse to believe their ancestors are Hindus on this forum.

    Cultural assimilation happens after a while, Israel-Palestenian cultural assimilation can happen after 100 years too..
    Bin Qasim didn't achieve cultural assimilation.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Lol tell that to Pakistanis that refuse to believe their ancestors are Hindus on this forum.

    Cultural assimilation happens after a while, Israel-Palestenian cultural assimilation can happen after 100 years too..
    Bin Qasim didn't achieve cultural assimilation.
    Pakistanis dont have a problem with Hindus and Buddhist being their ancestors. They have an issue when Indians say that you are Muslim, but your ancestors were only Hindus and Buddhist. Because that is asking them to disown over 1,000 years of Muslim ancestors.

    Like 99% of Pakistanis have Muslim parents, grand parents, great grand parents. They would not be able to name one non Muslim ancestor.

    I hope you can see the difference, its not just semantics. There is an extremely large number of Muslim ancestors that Pakistanis will have.

    Also after Bin Qasim conquered Sindh it was ruled it was ruled directly by the Caliphate, and then by the Arab Habbari dynasty. The soldiers in those armies married local Sindhis. Israeli Jews have no interest in any sort of intermixing with Palestinian. The have expelled the majority of them, and regret they did not expel the remaining ones. They view themselves as superior based on ethnicity. Muslims viewed themselves as superior based on religion, which anyone could convert to.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,173
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Zakir Naik's preachings are currently banned in India, Bangladesh, Canada, United Kingdom and Malyasia under anti terrorism and anti hate laws.

    Jaggi Vasudev is free man and can go anywhere. He is regularly invited to universities like Harvard and Oxford to interact with students.

    Comparing Sadhguru with Zakir Naik is hilarious. Pls dont make these kind of comparisons outside in real world.

    Btw, what hatred did he spread against muslims?
    Speaking at universities is hardly any sign of credibility. Zakir Naik has also spoken at Oxford and the prestigious oxford union. Both are charlatans

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    388
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Speaking at universities is hardly any sign of credibility. Zakir Naik has also spoken at Oxford and the prestigious oxford union. Both are charlatans
    He is regular speaker at World Economic Forum and UN too..

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,320
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Pakistanis dont have a problem with Hindus and Buddhist being their ancestors. They have an issue when Indians say that you are Muslim, but your ancestors were only Hindus and Buddhist. Because that is asking them to disown over 1,000 years of Muslim ancestors.

    Like 99% of Pakistanis have Muslim parents, grand parents, great grand parents. They would not be able to name one non Muslim ancestor.

    I hope you can see the difference, its not just semantics. There is an extremely large number of Muslim ancestors that Pakistanis will have.

    Also after Bin Qasim conquered Sindh it was ruled it was ruled directly by the Caliphate, and then by the Arab Habbari dynasty. The soldiers in those armies married local Sindhis. Israeli Jews have no interest in any sort of intermixing with Palestinian. The have expelled the majority of them, and regret they did not expel the remaining ones. They view themselves as superior based on ethnicity. Muslims viewed themselves as superior based on religion, which anyone could convert to.
    You can't with 100% guarantee say how it worked in Sindh like you can now for Israel due to proof available, but this is your bias.. also am sure if Israel takes over whole Palestine this can happen, but Palestines are reluctant , imagine some Palestenian marrying Israeli Jew how do you think their family will take it?


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,659
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    You can't with 100% guarantee say how it worked in Sindh like you can now for Israel due to proof available, but this is your bias.. also am sure if Israel takes over whole Palestine this can happen, but Palestines are reluctant
    Israel did take over whole of Palestine. And they expelled the majority of its people, they had no interest in mixing with the locals.

    Muslim Armies in Sindh did not expel Hindus. And its kind of obvious that they married local women.

    Dr. N. A. Baloch, the eminent modern scholar of Sindh has written as exhaustive book on the Soomra Period, in which the conflicting versions about the origin of the Soomra race are reconciled: a hybrid race of Sindhi-Arab blood, that emerged after the Ummayad caliph Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik (715-17 AD)ís decree asking Arab officers posted in Sindh to settle in the land permanently. Consequently they took Sindhi wives and subsequently married their daughters in Sindhi families.

    https://uok.edu.pk/faculties/sindhi/docs/soomroEng.pdf

    Intermarriage solves a lot of problems. Its the best way for two separate groups to become one.

    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    imagine some Palestenian marrying Israeli Jew how do you think their family will take it?
    In case of Palestinian Muslim man marrying Jewish women they would have zero problem.

    Israelis are the ones who have problems with intermarriage, they had no interest in mixing with the locals. See this.

    https://www.dw.com/en/israeli-right-...eat/a-45855206

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    26,320
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Israel did take over whole of Palestine. And they expelled the majority of its people, they had no interest in mixing with the locals.

    Muslim Armies in Sindh did not expel Hindus. And its kind of obvious that they married local women.

    Dr. N. A. Baloch, the eminent modern scholar of Sindh has written as exhaustive book on the Soomra Period, in which the conflicting versions about the origin of the Soomra race are reconciled: a hybrid race of Sindhi-Arab blood, that emerged after the Ummayad caliph Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik (715-17 AD)ís decree asking Arab officers posted in Sindh to settle in the land permanently. Consequently they took Sindhi wives and subsequently married their daughters in Sindhi families.

    https://uok.edu.pk/faculties/sindhi/docs/soomroEng.pdf

    Intermarriage solves a lot of problems. Its the best way for two separate groups to become one.



    In case of Palestinian Muslim man marrying Jewish women they would have zero problem.

    Israelis are the ones who have problems with intermarriage, they had no interest in mixing with the locals. See this.

    https://www.dw.com/en/israeli-right-...eat/a-45855206
    @Mods can we have a separate thread on this , I think this can be an interesting discussion on inter marriage between religions in different centuries and circumstances.

    Here is another aspect:

    Therefore, encounters between Palestinian women and Jewish men were still not perceived by the women as expanding the boundaries of the local marriage market. As a result, the interviewees described the way in which they perceived the relationship in the beginning, as being something non-obligatory and in which marriage did not appear to be a realistic option.
    https://dayan.org/content/ethnorelig...el-negotiating

    Many religious people will not be ok with their women marrying outside the religion, something that you have said in subtle context as well:

    In case of Palestinian Muslim man marrying Jewish women they would have zero problem.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,173
    Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordchamp View Post
    He is regular speaker at World Economic Forum and UN too..
    You Can keep adding places where heís spoken at and I can do same too. My point is his argument for making case for sadhguru credibility was stupid

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,744
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    .


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy seems a bit strange. A quick look-up shows that he's spiritual (so could still be an atheist), but advocates for a ban on cow slaughter. He also seems to be some yoga spiritual leader? Seems like an Indian nationalist, so he allies himself with Hinduvta as a means to that, but I don't think he's necessarily a closet-Hindu. Perhaps saying he's not a Hindu outright would alienate some of his fans. Either way, seems like a charlatan, as others have said here.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,744
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    ..


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,671
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Romali_rotti

    Really dont want to spend 30 mins watching him. Can you please summarise what they are debating?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,744
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    @Romali_rotti

    Really dont want to spend 30 mins watching him. Can you please summarise what they are debating?
    I didn't feel it was a debate bro, it was more of a discussion, focus on spirituality, meditation, mind control etc. It is basically 2 spiritually awakened individuals having a very mature and respectful discussion was my take away from it.


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,744
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    ..


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    383
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Coffee View Post
    A Hindu Atheist, quick to become atheist when has to criticize Islam and Pakistan, sentence either begin or end with "I am an atheist", but also become Hindu atheist when they have to defend Hindutva led government against Muslim minorities in India.

    Plenty of them are on this forum.
    Exactly!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,083
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He does some good work (on environmental issues and mental health for example) however some of his claims are outrageous - full of pseudoscience and quackery.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    13,738
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He does some good work (on environmental issues and mental health for example) however some of his claims are outrageous - full of pseudoscience and quackery.
    Is spirituality scientific? Then why expect spiritual gurus to follow science?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,083
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Is spirituality scientific? Then why expect spiritual gurus to follow science?
    But he isnít just talking about spiritual matters.

    For example:






  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't believe people believe in baba's in this day and age.




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,083
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Can't believe people believe in baba's in this day and age.
    Billions believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing, and everywhere present God so why canít they believe in Babas?

    If Mr Vasudev lived a few thousand years ago heíd be treated like an avatar or prophet.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    13,738
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Can't believe people believe in baba's in this day and age.
    Has God stopped existing in this day and age? if not, then we need gurus who help us connect with our Creator.

  63. #63
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,711
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Hence they are invaders and are full of themselves and never considered the newly adopted land and its culture as theirs.
    Just because you live in a country does not make you a native if you do not follow the local customs, traditions and language. Anyone who does not do that is an invader or encroacher.
    Even many hindus don't follow their native culture. Do you have the same problem with them?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,711
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I saw a video of this Sadhguru once, seems to be quite an intelligent fellow with some interesting insights. Not dissimilar to Buddhism and some of the Islamic mystics of the past in the basic spirituality stuff. The fraudery I have no idea about, but if he's in the US then he's probably scamming a fair few gullible types who are looking for answers.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  65. #65
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I saw a video of this Sadhguru once, seems to be quite an intelligent fellow with some interesting insights. Not dissimilar to Buddhism and some of the Islamic mystics of the past in the basic spirituality stuff. The fraudery I have no idea about, but if he's in the US then he's probably scamming a fair few gullible types who are looking for answers.
    Good assessment, I think. He does seem to pander to the Hinduvta-type, though, which shifts my opinion of him from neutral to negative.

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,835
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    Good assessment, I think. He does seem to pander to the Hinduvta-type, though, which shifts my opinion of him from neutral to negative.
    He is a proponent of Yoga and some Hindu principles. But he also talks a lot about Buddha and sometimes even Jesus.

    To me, he is an atheist who firmly believes in Yogic principles.


    Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He wants two things, attention and wealth to live a comfortable life.

    He is Not a Hindu scholar who has knowledge of Vedas.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,083
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At times he sounds like another Deepak Chopra - talks a lot but says very little.






  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    At times he sounds like another Deepak Chopra - talks a lot but says very little.





    That's what a Guru is for. Guru intensifies seeking for you to go in search of an answer they might provide you with tools for exploration but in the end it is you who have to do the exploration. What's the point of one giving a ready made answer? You have google for that. For subtler aspects of life to be accessed exploration is the only way.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    877
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't have to be part of any religion. Why does the heck does he need to be a specific religion? What is wrong with you all.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •