User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Even Pakistan and Afghanistan handled Covid better than India" : Rahul Gandhi

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He isn't wrong.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Think we cannot compare the dynamics of both countries.

Just the size of population makes a huge difference in transmission of this virus.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Just the size of population makes a huge difference in transmission of this virus.
    No, Pakistan is also over populated with high population density. The problem is Modi opted for a full national lockdown which hurt India's economy whereas Imran Khan went for a 'smart lockdown' which focused on locking down specific areas where outbreaks were reported.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    He's right but can anyone explain how did Pakistan end up controlling it after it got out of hand?

Like what steps did they take at that point?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Yeah but Pakistan is densely populated too.

And the virus wasn't stopped at an early stage.

So how did they get the situation under control assuming data isn't being manipulated at a mass scale?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    No, Pakistan is also over populated with high population density. The problem is Modi opted for a full national lockdown which hurt India's economy whereas Imran Khan went for a 'smart lockdown' which focused on locking down specific areas where outbreaks were reported.
    This looks logical on the surface but it doesn't hold up.

If Pakistan prevented a massive outbreak, this would make sense.

But they didn't.

They pulled it back later on so how did that happen?

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post

But they didn't.

Reduce the number of tests then you will have lower number of patients.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they didn't.

Pakistan hasn't tested enough. Period.

Their testing rate per million of population is among the lowest in the world.

It's the same for Afghanistan.

Pappu being clueless as usual.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post

What about comparison for number of deaths?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't be so harsh on Puppu Miggy, he is just maturing into a young man. Puppu has a long way to go, in 40 years time he will be an adult and ready to lead India..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Typical of indians across the political spectrum, and raga is no different, they look down upon Pakistan. "EVEN" Pakistan did this..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Typical of indians across the political spectrum, and raga is no different, they look down upon Pakistan. "EVEN" Pakistan did this..
    Haha yeah... Noticed that.. They don't even realize it.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    What about comparison for number of deaths?
    Interestingly number of deaths in Uttar pradesh which is more populated than pakistan is lower than pakistan's, people are deliberately discrediting the achievement of governments of both regions
    Last edited by Hornbill; 17th October 2020 at 16:42.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and no.
    I agree that we are testing less then ideal but my father in law who is a doctor at the biggest hospital in Pakistan says in July they were in a quandary and were thinking converting other wards in to covid wards as well and then slowly the cases went down and by September even their 120 beds covid ward was struggling to fill 1/3 it's capacity.
    You can hide cases you cannot hide deaths. Today a guy from chuhgtai labs came to do covid test in my house for my dad and he said the same thing that in June /July atleast 20/30,% all test came out positive and today its not more then 2-3 %

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we have a illiterate feku at helm of our affairs.
    Last edited by MP2011; 17th October 2020 at 17:39.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbill View Post

Reduce the number of tests then you will have lower number of patients.

Yeah they likely haven't tested enough but even that reason (while seeming logical) doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

If they didn't test enough to the point where they just have 600 cases while we have 50,000 cases everyday....then their overall count should be MUCH MUCH lower.

How did their numbers quickly pile up to 300,000 odd (with 6500 cases per day being peak) before slowing down to 600 cases per day now?

If this logic has to hold (given that Pakistan has over 300,000 cases)..

1. Either there was a rapid decline in testing once cases got out of hand (is there any chart pointing to this)

2. Or the testing remained the same but there was actual fraud where positive cases were marked negative (in which case, we would have seen a controversy by now).
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 20th October 2020 at 06:13.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Only you are being clueless here and showing that you literally have no understanding of how to interpret statistics.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I donít know much about this. Lets forget testing as Pakistan has hardly done testing So the infected cases number will be very low. Should we not just look at deaths? Big difference in deaths between India and pakistan. I have a friend who works for a media channel in Pakistan. . In May June I think I talked to him and he said the government had ďsuggested to the channelĒ to under report the cases/deaths. Do you guys think pakistan under reported the deaths? From whatever I saw in videos, india not pakistŠn were practicing social distancing or wearing masks that much. Hope doctors from Pakistan can shed some light.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my question was. Should we not just look at # of deaths to compare?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pappu and his idiotic twisted logic.

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He isn't wrong.
    Yep, if Pappu says it, it must be true with eyes closed

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Think you are being more clueless than pappu.

Just because you don't want to give credit to Pakistan for handling covid much better than India you are hiding behind 'low testing'. I'm sure all the praise Pakistan is getting from WHO and yesterday from a former US Secretary must all be incorrect because they are uninformed and only YOU are knowledgeable.

Pakistan curbed it once we formed the National Command Operation Center (NCOC) a couple of months into the pandemic. We were floundering before that and each province was trying to fend for it. The NCOC brought the provinces, federal government, armed forces and bureaucracy all on the same table under the chairmanship of Asad Umar, Imran Khan's right hand man. The NCOC used immensely data driven approach, and even AI to predict and monitor hot stops of covid outbreak down to mohallah level. The NCOC also kept tabs on bed occupancy and medical resources, staying ahead of the curve whenever need rose in an area and shuttling and shifting idle resources to places that need them from places that have spare capacity. The NCOC meets daily.

So when you and other Indians brush aside Pakistan's achievement and say 'even' Pakistan did better you are only showing your mentality.

Also just so you know lack of testing cannot hide dead bodies.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to their pathological hatred for anything Pakistani and their devotion for the feku, clueless souls showing their ignorance about the fact that Covid could have been contained with competent governance something which is alien to feku in his 20 years 'public service' career.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they likely haven't tested enough but even that reason (while seeming logical) doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

If they didn't test enough to the point where they just have 600 cases while we have 50,000 cases everyday....then their overall count should be MUCH MUCH lower.

How did their numbers quickly pile up to 300,000 odd (with 6500 cases per day being peak) before slowing down to 600 cases per day now?

If this logic has to hold (given that Pakistan has over 300,000 cases)..

1. Either there was a rapid decline in testing once cases got out of hand (is there any chart pointing to this)

2. Or the testing remained the same but there was actual fraud where positive cases were marked negative (in which case, we would have seen a controversy by now).
    Trust me there was just rapid decline in cases I have a lot of family working in hospitals and around June time they were nervous that situation is about to go out of control and by August all were scratching heads that out of blue not only there is a rapid decline in people coming to get their test done there is also a big decline in cases that are coming out positive from these tests
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th October 2020 at 09:10.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "even" part is the most pretentious thing thing I have ever heard

Pakistan literally bodied every other country with thier covid response including first world countries (wish Trump followed the Pakistani method)

One of the most smartest decisions of IKs administration and this "approach" they took would go down in history mark my words and this would/should be followed for future pandemics

Credit should be given to this administration for thier out of the box thinking and not just going of what "experts" were saying

Maybe I was wrong and youth brigade was right maybe the country is changing for the better let's see...

@Major @Mamoon credit where due

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Trust me there was just rapid decline in cases I have a lot of family working in hospitals and around June time they were nervous that situation is about to go out of control and by August all were scratching heads that out of blue not only there is a rapid decline in people coming to get their test done there is also a big decline in cases that are coming out positive from these tests
    Absolutely true, been hearing the same from friends and families in healthcare

You canít hide dead bodies.

BJP walay being BJP walay, brainwashed and hatred ingrained to the core.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Coffee View Post
    Absolutely true, been hearing the same from friends and families in healthcare

You canít hide dead bodies.

BJP walay being BJP walay, brainwashed and hatred ingrained to the core.
    But again BJP walay also believed Pakistan were able to hide 300 plus dead bodies, lol

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The simple fact is India has 100k+ dead and everyone knows itís much more because bodies are hard to hide. Not same case in Pakistan. There was a May-June spike and hospital beds were backed up and the healthcare system wasnít able to bear the brunt but since then it has progressively gotten better and if you have covid itís very easy to get admitted if needed now. In Mumbai on the other hand...
    Last edited by Slog; 20th October 2020 at 11:12.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yup I heard the same from family members who said lot of covid wards are emptier as the weeks go by.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I see.... How did this come about tho?

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see.... How did this come about tho?
    I think it's a combination of good luck and some good thinking by the government. The strategy of identifying covid hot spots and locking those neighbourhoods before things went out of control certainly helped.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rahul Gandhi should be called Rahul Lahori, is he trying to contest polls in Pakistan? Asks Sambit Patra

NEW DELHI: Soon after Congress leader Shashi Tharoor’s criticism of the Union government on its handling of Covid-19, condition of Muslims and treatment meted to Indian citizens from the Northeast on a Pakistan-based platform, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has rechristened Rahul Gandhi as Rahul Lahori.

BJP Spokesperson Sambit Patra today said that the way Congress leaders are demeaning the country on international platforms, especially in Pakistan, it seems Rahul Gandhi is vying to contest elections in Pakistan.

“Are you trying to contest elections from Pakistan? Please respond,” Patra asked.

“We in BJP will start calling him Rahul Lahori and henceforth I too will address Rahul Gandhi as Rahul Lahori. A debut rally for him has already been done in Pakistan by Tharoor,” the BJP leader added. The reaction of the BJP leader came after Tharoor’s reported comments at a virtual Lahore literary event.

Patra said that Indian National Congress will soon become Pakistan National Congress.

“They give a ticket to Jinnah’s supporter. I want to ask why is it necessary? Why would you cry about India in Lahore. We have no doubt that Rahul Gandhi hates India. This I am stating with full responsibility,” said Patra while briefing the media.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78730515.cms

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is invoked, so elections must be round the corner.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death case not necessarily points towards not hiding the numbers.

For example, India has low death rate than European counties. Going by the logic above, if we reduce the number of testing, the infected numbers will also go down and since death rate is already low in comparison, it can be argued that India has curbed the positive graph.

But reality is different.

One can argue that severity of covid positive in Pakistan is low (hence low death rate), but that doesn't mean Pakistan has less number of patients.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Death case not necessarily points towards not hiding the numbers.

For example, India has low death rate than European counties. Going by the logic above, if we reduce the number of testing, the infected numbers will also go down and since death rate is already low in comparison, it can be argued that India has curbed the positive graph.

But reality is different.

One can argue that severity of covid positive in Pakistan is low (hence low death rate), but that doesn't mean Pakistan has less number of patients.
    Thereís definitely less number of critical patients who need to be hospitalized and the death rate per million of population (not positive tests so takes out testing) is significantly lower too. I think you can argue that Pakistanís testing is low which is making situation look much better than it is but itís without doubt Pakistanís situation as of now is much better. (Cases are over the rise in past 10 days though.)

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Thereís definitely less number of critical patients who need to be hospitalized and the death rate per million of population (not positive tests so takes out testing) is significantly lower too. I think you can argue that Pakistanís testing is low which is making situation look much better than it is but itís without doubt Pakistanís situation as of now is much better. (Cases are over the rise in past 10 days though.)
    Its certainly better. If managed on similar level, low populated countries will always have an advantage here in this case because the infection type will be similar to geometrical progression (in a very loose term) where one person may infect multiple.

If you have smaller sample size, it gives you the advantages. India, with its sheer population, should have been balanced out by the resources it should have had but being a third world country, it comes with its own price.

Moreover, in case of India, it was central gov who was making the policies (ministry of human affairs mostly) where as state gov were the executioner. Hence, the condition varied a lot from state to state. The feedback mechanism in both the gov should have been at par (so that changes in policies can take place) but I believe some state gov failed to handle properly.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that was the case then we would have had 100 and thousands of fatally infected people ending up in the ER and hospitals on daily basis, no?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    If that was the case then we would have had 100 and thousands of fatally infected people ending up in the ER and hospitals on daily basis, no?
    No you would not. More than 90% of the COVID-19 patients worldwide are either asymptomatic or have minor symptoms with no need for hospitalisation. But even these asymptomatic types are spreaders, which is the main cause for concern.

The fatally infected ones who land up in ER to get hooked on to ventilators usually have other underlying problems.

Maybe Pakistan has done a better job in handling the pandemic, but to make that claim based on one of the world's lowest testing rates makes it very suspect.

Just look at Brazil, a country with about the same population as Pakistan but with a far greater testing rate. They rank number 3 in the world in the total number of cases.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?

I'm fairly sure that if Pakistan had been testing as much, they would have been in the top 10, and not no 23 as they are now.
    Last edited by gani999; 22nd October 2020 at 13:12.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No you would not. More than 90% of the COVID-19 patients worldwide are either asymptomatic or have minor symptoms with no need for hospitalisation. But even these asymptomatic types are spreaders, which is the main cause for concern.

The fatally infected ones who land up in ER to get hooked on to ventilators usually have other underlying problems.

Maybe Pakistan has done a better job in handling the pandemic, but to make that claim based on one of the world's lowest testing rates makes it very suspect.

Just look at Brazil, a country with about the same population as Pakistan but with a far greater testing rate. They rank number 3 in the world in the total number of cases.

I'm fairly sure that if Pakistan had been testing as much, they would have been in the top 10, and not no 23 as they are now.

Your argument makes no sense. If India was testing as much as the US or European countries then it would be #1 and in a league of its own. Countries which test low despite apparent higher cases should have much higher positivity rate. Pakistanís positivity rate is also low or in line with standards. Because in such scenario the critical cases are more likely to be among the sample.

Indiaís testing rate is 2-3 times higher than Pakistan but itís positivity rate is also much higher. There is no argument that Pakistan has handled it well till atleast the start of this month.

In June there was palpable panic with hospitals backed up and no availability of beds. That is not the case anymore. The burial rates havenít gone up either which would have been the case if deaths were not being counted. Unless you believe that people arenít showing up to hospitals and also burying the dead in the back garden.

To excuse Indiaís pathetic response and 120k dead please do not try to muddy the water. People much more clued than you whether itís Larry Summers, Bill Gates or several health experts in WHO have praised Pakistanís response after the May-June panic.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Your argument makes no sense. If India was testing as much as the US or European countries then it would be #1 and in a league of its own. Countries which test low despite apparent higher cases should have much higher positivity rate. Pakistanís positivity rate is also low or in line with standards. Because in such scenario the critical cases are more likely to be among the sample.

Indiaís testing rate is 2-3 times higher than Pakistan but itís positivity rate is also much higher. There is no argument that Pakistan has handled it well till atleast the start of this month.

In June there was palpable panic with hospitals backed up and no availability of beds. That is not the case anymore. The burial rates havenít gone up either which would have been the case if deaths were not being counted. Unless you believe that people arenít showing up to hospitals and also burying the dead in the back garden.

To excuse Indiaís pathetic response and 120k dead please do not try to muddy the water. People much more clued than you whether itís Larry Summers, Bill Gates or several health experts in WHO have praised Pakistanís response after the May-June panic.
    So are you saying WHO or Bill Gates know more and some random Indian poster Gani on PP knows less? How dare you!

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm
    So by the same token, what if India had tested by the same rate as Denmark?
    I think the Covid infection in India would be over a billion people?