Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Coach In Pakistan Is Abdul Rehman

When mentioning coaches in Pakistan we tend to mention Muhammad Wasim, Misbah, Sabih Azhar and Mansoor Rana etc but we never give a mention to Southern Head Coach Abdul Rehman. He has always punched above his weight with every team hes coached and has been praised by many including Ian Pont and Andy Flower.

His record is outstanding and he was the mastermind behind the greatest chase in Pakistan domestic history.
    He took Balochistan to 3 finals before joining Peshawer. Since 2012 he has won:

Quaid e Azam silver cup (4 day)
    3 50 over cups
    2 t20 cups
    2 semi finals

Does he deserve more credit and how do you rate him?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate him as a pretty good coach and have mentioned him whenever we talk about local coaches. He did wonders with Peshawar.

Just to add he has been a successful assistant coach in PSL too. He was assistant coach of PZ with 3 years and they won in one of those years and Multan Sultan for last two years (MS was the table topper this year).

That being said in National T20 Cup 2020, to be honest I was not that impressed in the first leg. While he got the batting unit right, his consistent trust in Bilawal Bhatti and Rahat Ali in T20s wasnt impressive. However he and Shan soon realized their mistake which takes a big heart and dropped both of them as well as Irfan after the 2nd leg and fortunes of SP has changed afterwards.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I rate him as a pretty good coach and have mentioned him whenever we talk about local coaches. He did wonders with Peshawar.

Just to add he has been a successful assistant coach in PSL too. He was assistant coach of PZ with 3 years and they won in one of those years and Multan Sultan for last two years (MS was the table topper this year).

That being said in National T20 Cup 2020, to be honest I was not that impressed in the first leg. While he got the batting unit right, his consistent trust in Bilawal Bhatti and Rahat Ali in T20s wasnt impressive. However he and Shan soon realized their mistake which takes a big heart and dropped both of them as well as Irfan after the 2nd leg and fortunes of SP has changed afterwards.
    How do u rate ilyas in this tournament for SP? I haven't seen him in any teams of the tournament but i feel he's looked decent

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without doubt Abdur Rehman is the best coach in Pakistan. He understands his cricket very well and has an keen eye for talent. Remarkable to think that second rate coaches like Basit Ali, Abdur Razzaq and Faisal Iqbal have been appointed on the same rank as this guy.

It is a shame we are stuck with Misbah as Abdur Rehman would be a much better option for head coach.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    How do u rate ilyas in this tournament for SP? I haven't seen him in any teams of the tournament but i feel he's looked decent
    I think he was wrongly dropped after the first match where he didnt bowl well. Ilyas has quite a few limitations as he is neither too tall nor he is too quick (He does go 140kph and even plus on occasions though) but at the same time I think he has shown a brilliant attitude on the ground more often than not. He does get bit of seam movement and zip from the surface, bowls decent lines and has reasonably good variations. His limited FC record is good too.

He needs to work on more control as economy of 9+ isnt good to be in the team of the tournament. He does have a nag of picking up wickets at crucial moments. He doesnt have the wow factor about him when you see him ball at first due to the reasons described above but he has been picking up wickets for MS in PSL and SP in national T20 cup more often than not but needs to show better control I think. I like his attitude in the field, with the ball and with the bat.

Considering his natural limitations, he will need to work extra hard on some other skills in the long run.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    He looks very threatening in the first few overs. After that he becomes a useless, harmless and easy to hit bowler.
    Perhaps due to his short height.
    This is what I wrote few days ago about Aamir Yamin.

But the best coach of Pakistan didn't know this.

In yesterday's Final, 18th over was given to Aamir Yamin, who went for 23 runs. Before that over KPK were 145/3 in 17 overs but that specific over changed the whole momentum of KPK innings (though pathetic fielding also helped) and then they scored 61 runs in the next three overs.

Aamir Yamin should never bowl in death overs and a good coach should know this.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    This is what I wrote few days ago about Aamir Yamin.

But the best coach of Pakistan didn't know this.

In yesterday's Final, 18th over was given to Aamir Yamin, who went for 23 runs. Before that over KPK were 145/3 in 17 overs but that specific over changed the whole momentum of KPK innings (though pathetic fielding also helped) and then they scored 61 runs in the next three overs.

Aamir Yamin should never bowl in death overs and a good coach should know this.
    Clearly Shan Masood making the decisions while on the pitch. That's literally the captain's job

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    Clearly Shan Masood making the decisions while on the pitch. That's literally the captain's job
    Actually I agree with you that its captain who makes these decisions. But a coach should give him at least some bowling plan before the match. Otherwise, what is his job exactly?.

If I were a coach, one of the first thing I would have told Shan Masood 'After 15th over, do not bowl Aamir Yamin'.

You can check his history. he is very good in the first few overs and pathetic in the later part.