User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is this the end of Shoaib Malik's International career?

Shoaib Malik has been dropped from the Pakistan team to face Zimbabwe.

Is this finally the end of his long International career?

It seems like Hafeez has been preferred as the senior player in the squad.

Here is how he has done in the Nat T20 Cup

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 683
Size:  41.0 KB
    Last edited by The Viper; 21st October 2020 at 06:20.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Brother we've been asking this question and making this thread for 15 years !

I will only answer yes when Shoaib Malik is safely esconced in the commentary box.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No Bro...Its not that easy

Moreover, I am sure there are already few threads on this topic.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Apparently he has been rested for the zimbabwe series!
    Should be brought back for the kiwi series where he ll fail terribly and then finally selectors will realize he is past his sell by date

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that he hasn't retired yet. His career should've been officially over after 2019 World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He ll be back unfortunately

At least he wont feast on the zimbos like usual n then cement his place in the team for the next year

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I hope so, this nonsense has lasted a decade

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When he announces his retirement that is when his international career is over.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not selecting him for Zimbabwe and maybe another series will take the heat off both Misbah and Malik. A shrewd move.

He will be back after NZ drubbing as the messiah - since the youngsters on their first tour would have failed.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you never know, come the World Cup and as normally happens there might be a need for “experience” in the middle order batting line up - especially with all the inexperienced youngsters.

Hafeez can give that ‘experience’ in top order , Malik in middle order and Sarfraz can offer it in the lower order, what more can you ask for.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One wonders if this is finally the last we've seen of him? We can only hope. Surely there's several batsman ahead of him now.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm sure he will be reflecting on where his career is at the moment.

He's achieved a lot and should call it a day, but carry on playing in T20 leagues and make his money.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No,

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether you like him or hate him, you have to give him credit of keeping himself fit for such a long time. He also groomed his personality a lot. A good role model for upcoming cricketers.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't perform in international matches. Always disappoints when the team needs him. He shouldn't be selected. Hafeez on the other hand has been very useful in the last few years and should continue.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

He's achieved a lot and should call it a day, but carry on playing in T20 leagues and make his money.
    This thread should be bumped the day Pakistan's T20 world cup squad is announced. Unless in the meantime, the likes of Abdullah Shafiq, Kushdil Shah and Haider Ali put in some exceptional performances, Malik will be back.

Remember that if Uncle Ifti is still making the team or squad come the World Cup because all of the youngsters haven't performed, then in a World Cup the selectors will pick Malik over Ifti any day of the week.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have retired in 1984

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

More likely he is planning his next comeback, which is inevitable after whichever series Pakistan lose next...

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Not selecting him for Zimbabwe and maybe another series will take the heat off both Misbah and Malik. A shrewd move.

He will be back after NZ drubbing as the messiah - since the youngsters on their first tour would have failed.
    Thiers no youngesters in the team baring haider

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need the youngesters to perform haider ali khushdil need to perform if they do I fink that will be the end of malik I actually do belive this .

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    No,

I dont think so unless haider and khushdil have a poor 3 games

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I dont think so unless haider and khushdil have a poor 3 games
    Malik wants to play T20 WC. I can see him getting in the squad for that.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik wants to play T20 WC. I can see him getting in the squad for that.
    I think we will know either in the New Zealand series or the psl if hes going to be going to the world cup squad with the emergence of the youngesters it going to be tough for him as we know misbah is no longer cheif selector and I hope khushdil performs in the Zimbabwe series

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric_lover4487 View Post
    Whether you like him or hate him, you have to give him credit of keeping himself fit for such a long time. He also groomed his personality a lot. A good role model for upcoming cricketers.
    Professional sportsman shouldn't get awards for keeping fit. That's a prerequisite for the job. Only in Pakistan we make such hoo-ha over such a basic requirement like fitness.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I think we will know either in the New Zealand series or the psl if hes going to be going to the world cup squad with the emergence of the youngesters it going to be tough for him as we know misbah is no longer cheif selector and I hope khushdil performs in the Zimbabwe series
    Good point about Misbah, but even before him, Malik has a strong lobby.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is the official retirement age in Pakistan?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    There isn't one, when it comes to cricket.

For some, sadly, it's a case of play till you get booted out.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Theres a new one now

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point about Misbah, but even before him, Malik has a strong lobby.
    Yes 100 percent but we need khshudl to perform big and cement his place if he doesnt then I can see malik coming back otherwise he wont make it

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Bump.

Didn't think they'd sit him out of all 3 games vs ZIM, where he could've gotten some easy runs.

With Abdullah, Haider, Khushdil all making a mark this series, Hafeez and Babar being locks (plus the WK in Rizwan), Shadab and Imad being locks, and Iftikhar and Fakhar lingering in the background as well, is it finally over for Malik?

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Bump.

Didn't think they'd sit him out of all 3 games vs ZIM, where he could've gotten some easy runs.

With Abdullah, Haider, Khushdil all making a mark this series, Hafeez and Babar being locks (plus the WK in Rizwan), Shadab and Imad being locks, and Iftikhar and Fakhar lingering in the background as well, is it finally over for Malik?
    I think so. Hopefully. Khushdil and Iftikhar have bigger claims to the middle order, that’s for sure.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    August 27th, 2057.

The fallout from the nuclear wasteland show no sign of abating, Those who remain on the surface die of exposure, those who hunker in shelters slowly starve. Those who can hide are inevitably snuffed out by Skynet's insatiable fleet of T800's.

We're running out of water, I think we're the last ones left. We spotted a scout in the distance a few days back, and hoped we went unseen. We were wrong. They've been outside for days. Waiting, to starve us out or watch us expire ourselves. Skynet have won, all hope is lost, mankind dies with us.

Hang on, we're receiving a signal, impossible, we were the last ones left, its morse code. Translating......

Communication reads as follows

"The Pakistan Cricket Board are delighted to announce the following t20 squad for the Tamashe Hydrogum series vs Zimbabwe, Shoiab Malik (c)...."

*transmission ends*

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    August 27th, 2057.

The fallout from the nuclear wasteland show no sign of abating, Those who remain on the surface die of exposure, those who hunker in shelters slowly starve. Those who can hide are inevitably snuffed out by Skynet's insatiable fleet of T800's.

We're running out of water, I think we're the last ones left. We spotted a scout in the distance a few days back, and hoped we went unseen. We were wrong. They've been outside for days. Waiting, to starve us out or watch us expire ourselves. Skynet have won, all hope is lost, mankind dies with us.

Hang on, we're receiving a signal, impossible, we were the last ones left, its morse code. Translating......

Communication reads as follows

"The Pakistan Cricket Board are delighted to announce the following t20 squad for the Tamashe Hydrogum series vs Zimbabwe, Shoiab Malik (c)...."

*transmission ends*
    Lol that is hilarious. Well done!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bump.

At this point he's like the 6th choice in the middle order, I'd say even Shadab is more valuable in the middle order than Malik.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Thought so - not named in the 35 man list for NZ

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump.

Hopefully he retires he will gain more respect but it doesnt look good for him

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought so - not named in the 35 man list for NZ
    Really that's great news do you reakon becouse misbah was stripped of cheif selector hence why he had to be strict with his decisions I think if he was stil cheif selector he would have selected malik