Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    I can't imagine you being serious about the story you are telling, but you actually are quite serious about it.
    Good luck to people debating against you on this!
    It's not a story. I saw the actual video on PP.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    My cricketers? What does that even mean? Take your regional politics some where else man.I have been calling for Asad Shafiq to be dropped for ages.

As for the celebration, how Sarfaraz celebrated is no different to how other cricketers have celebrated in victory parades. It has nothing to do with his downfall. Anyways I am done arguing with you it seems like you are obsessed with regions and I don’t want to waste my time with that crap.
    The only person bringing up regional politics is you. We saw that during the PSL final and now you're trying to defend Sarfraz for same reasons we all know. Remember you came to this thread and quoted me because you wanted to bring your agenda into it.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with him celebrating, one thing I didn’t like is when he said India are scared to play us. It showed his lack of intelligence and arrogance.
    I agree there is nothing with celebrating but it was well OTT. You could see that he had lost humility and became arrogant.

It was clear in my mind that Sarfraz let the success of the CT get to his head and this was all very much evident in the aftermath where he became complacent of his place in the side. His focus on practice, fitness and diet all took a huge hit as a result of this complacency.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Complacency let him down. He used to be a very quick runner and a very good keeper.
    He used to be real hungry for runs and victories. After assuming captaincy, although his hunger for victories remained apparent, his quest for runs and fitness died slowly.

Suffered the Pakistan Captain syndrome. Got captaincy, achieved some success, a false sense of invincibility crept in, got lazy, lost form, fitness and runs.

But the good thing is he has carried himself well ever since his sacking. Hasn't bad mouthed anyone and hasn't given many outlandish interviews. Is probably regaining his humility. But age might have a say in his future as well.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So Sarfaraz returnd!

1st ODI since 2nd oct 2019!

We wish him all the best but is his selection justified or based upon pressure?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So Sarfaraz returnd!

Pressure. Something Misbah has always buckled under when it comes to selection.

Or maybe Babar vouched for him since he’s the kinda kid to want to stay in good books of seniors. Seeda larka hai bechara.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows just how dire our middle order situation is right now.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Sarfaraz returnd!

not pressure.

MOhammad Waseem sent too many inexperience players that the Team management doesnt have options to choose from.

Waseem gave us Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Abdullah Shafique

Out of all these options, the best one is Sarfraz. Rest are inexperienced. If Pakistan had haris Sohail and Hafeez, they would had got the preference.

Haider Ali has barely played any matches in List A, makes no sense to throw him out in Odi and same for Abdullah Shafique.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Token karachi selection to silence the media there.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    not pressure.

MOhammad Waseem sent too many inexperience players that the Team management doesnt have options to choose from.

Waseem gave us Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Abdullah Shafique

Out of all these options, the best one is Sarfraz. Rest are inexperienced. If Pakistan had haris Sohail and Hafeez, they would had got the preference.

Haider Ali has barely played any matches in List A, makes no sense to throw him out in Odi and same for Abdullah Shafique.
    what kind of experience do you need against a second string South Africa?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Turku , Finland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Token karachi selection to silence the media there.
    Shameful act from Misbah and PCB . Just to please off certain outlets ,certains players are being played.
    Goes to show how low we have dropped as a nation in general.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no reason Sarfraz should ever play for Pakistan whilst Rizwan is fit.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not the comeback he wanted just 13 runs.

Last 8 ODI scores:

3*
    5*
    2*

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still a better middle order option than Rizwan to say the least

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    If Sarfraz cannot put away the spinners, what is he there for ? Criminal he was selected ahead of Haider Ali.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please end his career already

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is done and dusted and should be buried now. Rohail should take his place in the squad.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saifi is done and dusted

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His career should’ve been over after CWC 19. I’m pretty certain he still gets selected solely because he led Pakistan to the CT 17 victory. Rizwan is 100% clear of Sarfaraz.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sohailmm View Post
    Shameful act from Misbah and PCB . Just to please off certain outlets ,certains players are being played.
    Goes to show how low we have dropped as a nation in general.
    Bhai agar itni he nation gir gayi hai tou aap Finland mei he raho. What is your proof that he’s selected to appease the media? Matlab kuch bhi?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot what a great batsmen was during his time as captain that he gets recalled into the middle order.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Turku , Finland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Bhai agar itni he nation gir gayi hai tou aap Finland mei he raho. What is your proof that he’s selected to appease the media? Matlab kuch bhi?
    Phela baat to ye k zatiat pa mat aen ,coming to the topic: there is no justification to play sarfaraz . I am not blind and I have seen many of the karachites( my friends and online ) who blindly support and defend their fellows for the sole reason of ethnicity i-e being muhajir . This ethnic regionalism and prejudice has been prevalent in media as well ( Rashid latif , Yahya Hussaini etc) , sorry to say but this is just lame excuse instead to acknowledging that other players are better.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Why does Sarfraz have the gloves ? look, he has topped eating Korma Biryani’s and still struggled today, a very short sighted selection by Pak management, Haider should have been picked from the first game, would have been a good development opportunity for him because the selected players have done naff all

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I don't like the fact that they have brought him in and then the best wicket-keeper has to field in the outfield just to accommodate him.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider, khushdil or others should have been given chance
    Among known players hafeez was the one

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And now hes annoying everyone on the field and the bowlers with his constant instructions and telling the bowlers what where and how to bowl every delivery

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    And now hes annoying everyone on the field and the bowlers with his constant instructions and telling the bowlers what where and how to bowl every delivery
    Lools someone is saying in match thread that he should play because of that....

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imagine your specialty as a player...talking behind the stumps. Lolz

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Why does Sarfraz have the gloves ? look, he has topped eating Korma Biryani’s and still struggled today, a very short sighted selection by Pak management, Haider should have been picked from the first game, would have been a good development opportunity for him because the selected players have done naff all
    Becouse rizwan is a better outfielder.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes not good enough to play as a batter and we should move on from him

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I don't like the fact that they have brought him in and then the best wicket-keeper has to field in the outfield just to accommodate him.
    So you would rather have Sarfaraz in the outfield?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is a proven cricketer, leader, and knows how to handle pressure. I hope he is a part of Pakistan’s WT20 team along with Imam, Sharjeel, Asif, and Faheem to form the nucleus of a champion team.