Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“President Macron has attacked and hurt the sentiments of millions of Muslims” : PM Imran Khan

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Very measured statement from Imran. Macron has shown great ignorance of the history of his country, the feelings of many of his citizens and the feelings of many people across the world ( not just muslims) who feel pain when a religious figure is attacked.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why does Pakistan have to needlessly get involved in the colonial friction between France and its African immigrants?

As if those guys are ever going to stand up for Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Very measured statement from Imran. Macron has shown great ignorance of the history of his country, the feelings of many of his citizens and the feelings of many people across the world ( not just muslims) who feel pain when a religious figure is attacked.
    While i dont support insults of religious figures, muslims in france have taken retaliation to a different figure. The french have their native society and culture and they will do everything to preserve it.

Just like Islamic countries do everything to keep the preminence of Islam and non muslims have to toe that line, others too will try to preserve the preminence of their native culture and religion, muslims should try to adjust within it.

The push back thats seen in france today may spread world wide if Muslims indulge in such acts of extremism. They must understand that they are not in any position to dictate terms to the world.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why does Pakistan have to needlessly get involved in the colonial friction between France and its African immigrants?

My friend If he was criticising his french citizens then thats their business but hes slandering a whole religion of over a billion people

That obviously isnt acceptable to leaders of many countries around the world

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well why not ask Kuwait and other Muslim nations why they’re boycotting french products?
    Or why Erdogan just insulted Macron?

For Pakistan and it’s 99pct of Muslims, it’s pretty obvious why IK said what he said. If other Muslims around the world can connect to it then even better.. however if Macron it any other western leader gets his message then it’s job well done.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure what I said wrong Macron has freedom of expression to attack our Prophet (PBUH) and Islam, while Indians can attack Pakistan.

All I said was Macron is 41 years old and married a 66 year old that has two sons aged 44 and 42.
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th October 2020 at 18:26.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's Imran Khan's freedom of expression to say what he wants to say.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoken like the true leader of the Muslim ummah caring about his brethren regardless of their race and location.

Just a tad disappointed that he responded after his deputy Erdogan.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Typical indian baniya mentality, see everything in terms of profit.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremist right wing RSS hindutva types arriving in this thread...

Trump was speaking metaphorically, what he actually meant was the Indian right wing bots polluting the air with their verbal diarrhoea
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th October 2020 at 18:30.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Spoken like the true leader of the Muslim ummah caring about his brethren regardless of their race and location.

Just a tad disappointed that he responded after his deputy Erdogan.
    No shame in it, there is a saying from the Prophet PBUH that if Muslims are going to compete with each other it should be to raise the flag of Islam, this is nothing more than a healthy and brotherly touching of swords to acknowledge the same cause. May the light of Erutgrul shine on them.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK and Erodgan are breath of fresh air.

Muslim ummah desperately needs strong Muslim leaders to revive lost glory.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Not sure what I said wrong Macron has freedom of expression to attack our Prophet (PBUH) and Islam, while Indians can attack Pakistan.

All I said was Macron is 41 years old and married a 66 year old that has two sons aged 44 and 42.
    Does secular liberalism ok a 40yr old woman having a relationship with a 15yr old child as macron was?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imran looks like a big twitter warrior.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ye hota hay leader

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are a hindu you'll not understand

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    And whats your problem with that? If macron can criticise a billion muslims imran and erodogan have full right to put macron in his place

If you dont like it jog on

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems something he had or was forced to say instead of something that came up organically.

Obviously don’t support insulting religious figures but also don’t think someone should be beheaded like it is 1200 AD for saying something inappropriate either.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    And whats your problem with that? If macron can criticise a billion muslims imran and erodogan have full right to put macron in his place

I am sure Macrons feelings are hurt.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    No shame in it, there is a saying from the Prophet PBUH that if Muslims are going to compete with each other it should be to raise the flag of Islam, this is nothing more than a healthy and brotherly touching of swords to acknowledge the same cause. May the light of Erutgrul shine on them.
    Agree. Muslims are an inspiration for the whole world when it comes to unity among different sects and races.

May the whole world see the light at the end of Ertugrul sword and unify for world peace.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's why he recalled his ambassador to Turkey.

Not sure why you Indians are getting your lungis in a twist over this?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well hes hurt Thats why hes recalled his ambassador

He needs to know every action has an equal reaction If hes going to criticise islam and muslims be prepared for some mud coming his way too

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macron has criticized radical Islam. There are civilians getting beheaded for it. May be Imran and Erdogan find that normal behavior but most civil societies don’t. I don’t think he generalized anything.

Had Imran said look not all Muslims are like that, stop this islamophobia and look at Pakistan a model state where there are no blasphemy laws that are abused and even minorities can run for office here in this utopia, I would have had a lot more respect for him.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Macron has criticized radical Islam. There are civilians getting beheaded for it. May be Imran and Erdogan find that normal behavior but most civil societies don’t. I don’t think he generalized anything.

Had Imran said look not all Muslims are like that, stop this islamophobia and look at Pakistan a model state where there are no blasphemy laws that are abused and even minorities can run for office here in this utopia, I would have had a lot more respect for him.
    He didnt criticise just the extremist elements Learn to read and understand

If only utopian societies could speak on the matter we wouldnt have indian on this forum speaking when their countrymen lynch people for transporting cattle around and have the butcher of gujurat as their PM

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didnt criticise just the extremist elements Learn to read and understand

If only utopian societies could speak on the matter we wouldnt have indian on this forum speaking when their countrymen lynch people for transporting cattle around and have the butcher of gujurat as their PM
    India having communal tensions is no different from America having racial tensions. Sure there are issues in such large melting pots but are there most laws/constitution protecting the rights is what matters and on paper guess what India has.

As far as Modi goes, he had the biggest mandate ever and trust me while a lot of Hindus didn’t vote for him, he did get some minority votes as well. I know you are force fed these narratives on Sundays or in school but Hinduism is not causing international incidents like beheading journalists or blowing up towers or starting wars.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long live Sir imran khan and Sir Erdogan, true leaders with class and character.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Throughout their history its the Fr that have attacked Muslims and colonised Muslim countries. Evrn if we leave history behind, the Fr have played a negative role in Muslim countries in more recent times. Are we to blame all Fr people for the actions of the govt? What was done in Fr was totally wrong but Macron is using it divide people.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India having communal tensions is no different from America having racial tensions. Sure there are issues in such large melting pots but are there most laws/constitution protecting the rights is what matters and on paper guess what India has.

As far as Modi goes, he had the biggest mandate ever and trust me while a lot of Hindus didn’t vote for him, he did get some minority votes as well. I know you are force fed these narratives on Sundays or in school but Hinduism is not causing international incidents like beheading journalists or blowing up towers or starting wars.
    Issues? Id call public lynchings mosques being torn down ministers inciting violence n riots more than a few issues

Yes weve seen those laws n rights protecting minorities like in the ayodya case and delhi killings

Give me a break Hinduism isnt creating intnl incidents Just because your extremist elements are confined to one country doesnt make it acceptable

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohdi the ileterate fool had a mandate of proportunate size due to a mass right wing hindu extremist following and attention seekers

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran is mum on blasphemy law and does nothing about it, but is ready to attack Euro nations that have accepted millions of Muslim refugees and illegals from all across the world.
    I don’t think these tweets are reflection of Imran’s thoughts anyways lol. Nazi ideology, etc etc keywords it’s almost a pattern every time lol.

May be he is under compulsion too, can empathize when you have too many masters to answer to

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issues? Id call public lynchings mosques being torn down ministers inciting violence n riots more than a few issues

Yes weve seen those laws n rights protecting minorities like in the ayodya case and delhi killings

Give me a break Hinduism isnt creating intnl incidents Just because your extremist elements are confined to one country doesnt make it acceptable
    Public lynchings Seriously?

Yes one mosque was torn down and guess what it became a huge incident and is still called a black day in this country. I repeat 1 mosque.

In the end while Hindus got their temple the Muslim board was so well compensated that you won’t even hear any complain. That’s how a democracy works and diplomacy works. You win some you lose some but it is all settled.

We also have Muslim mobs running riots on FB posts no different from the idiots who beat up a guy for eating beef. Did he taunt them or not is a different debate but shouldn’t have been beaten up and I support the victim there. Anyways that is part and parcel of a secular and democratic country. There aren’t any fundamental issues though. So not sure why you are trying the equivalence.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That day is not far away when Imran and his deputy Erdogan will wave their Ertugrul swords (with a shining light at the end by the way) on the streets of Xinjiang.

Imran may look silent on that issue right now but only the true ummah believers would notice the calm before the storm.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Agree. Muslims are an inspiration for the whole world when it comes to unity among different sects and races.

May the whole world see the light at the end of Ertugrul sword and unify for world peace.
    Inshallah. Even the two highly religious Christian princesses, Isadora and Isabella came to appreciate the qualities of justice and nobility of Ertugrul Bey, and surely fair minded neutrals will see these same qualities in Imran Khan.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That day is not far away when Imran and his deputy Erdogan will wave their Ertugrul swords (with a shining light at the end by the way) on the streets of Xinjiang.

Imran may look silent on that issue right now but only the true ummah believers would notice the calm before the storm.
    Unless you mean calm before the storm is waiting for the email from army chief

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is correct.

Religious extremism is very wrong, with particularly murder being the grandest of all wrongs — and I would add to this that insulting central religious figures such as the Prophet of Islam PBUH is also wrong.

Macron could have handled this aftermath much better.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inshallah

All the muslim, nato and Quad armies would become Ertugrul and destroy Chinese oppression of it's muslim population

May Allah your and our prayers ��

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you mean calm before the storm is waiting for the email from army chief
    Does a Caliph wait for his commander's approval? Or is it vice versa?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Imran Khan is correct.

Religious extremism is very wrong, with particularly murder being the grandest of all wrongs — and I would add to this that insulting central religious figures such as the Prophet of Islam PBUH is also wrong.

Macron could have handled this aftermath much better.
    Some political figures are no less than religious figures. Would you say it’s wrong to criticize modi or trump or Imran?

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public lynchings Seriously?

Yes one mosque was torn down and guess what it became a huge incident and is still called a black day in this country. I repeat 1 mosque.

In the end while Hindus got their temple the Muslim board was so well compensated that you won’t even hear any complain. That’s how a democracy works and diplomacy works. You win some you lose some but it is all settled.

We also have Muslim mobs running riots on FB posts no different from the idiots who beat up a guy for eating beef. Did he taunt them or not is a different debate but shouldn’t have been beaten up and I support the victim there. Anyways that is part and parcel of a secular and democratic country. There aren’t any fundamental issues though. So not sure why you are trying the equivalence.
    Quite rich coming from you folks. Part and parcel of democracy like...climbing a religious place in hundreds and burning it down in a country which calls itself the biggest democracy and making a butcher of 3,000 innocent civilians as your PM, waah nothing would ever surpass these mockeries in the name of democracy.

And why are you Bhartis losing your sleep over this? When a world leader says anything against a particular religion and generalizes every member of that religion, then that religion has every right to defend and respond back. Freedom of expression remember, weren't you guys wholeheartedly talking and supporting it few days back? Don't lose your sleep over our freedom of expression

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Does a Caliph wait for his commander's approval? Or is it vice versa?
    Does Mohan bhagwat wait for Modi's approval or is it vice versa?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some political figures are no less than religious figures. Would you say it’s wrong to criticize modi or trump or Imran?
    No, political figures are not as important as religious figures by and large. Even if they were, civil criticism is not a problem, insulting is. Making caricatures of revered figures and trying to humiliate billions of people is a problem.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t consider criticising political leaders to be the same as mocking (for example) Muhammad PBUH or Jesus Christ.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Does Mohan bhagwat wait for Modi's approval or is it vice versa?
    Who?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, political figures are not as important as religious figures by and large. .
    Many political figures have millions of devotees, are cult personalities for a lot of people and their followers get offended if you mock them. You don't get to decide who is and isn't important.

John 3:16

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Many political figures have millions of devotees, are cult personalities for a lot of people and their followers get offended if you mock them. You don't get to decide who is and isn't important.
    It's rare for a politician to attain such a status. However, i did mention that civil criticism in not a problem in any case be it politician or a religious figure.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    More outrage over Macron’s anti-Islam comments

Calls to boycott French goods are growing around the world after President Emmanuel Macron’s comments against Islam and Muslims.

Macron on Wednesday accused Muslims of separatism and vowed not to give up cartoons depicting Prophet Muhammed.

The leader’s comments came in response to the beheading of a teacher, Samuel Paty, a 47-year-old teacher, who was attacked on his way home from the junior high school where he taught in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, 40 kilometres northwest of Paris.

Condemnation

On Sunday, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned Macron’s statements on Twitter.

“It is unfortunate that he has chosen to encourage Islamophobia by attacking Islam rather than the terrorists who carry out violence, be it Muslims, White Supremacists or Nazi ideologists. Sadly, President Macron has chosen to deliberately provoke Muslims, incl his own citizens, through encouraging the display of blasphemous cartoons targeting Islam & our Prophet PBUH.”

Turkey’s Communications Director Fahrettin Altun on Sunday said the EU is increasingly becoming dangerous for Muslims.

In a series of tweets, he said that offensive caricatures, separatism against Muslims, and mosque raids isn’t about freedom of expression, but its about reminding Muslims they will never belong in EU.

“Here’s what Europeans against Islam and Muslims need to understand, We won’t go away because you don’t want us, We won’t turn the other cheek when you insult us, We will defend ourselves and our own at all costs.”

Also on Sunday, Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said, “When truth is spoken to their faces, Europe’s loser racists show up and try to exploit Islamophobia and xenophobia. Time has come to stop Europe’s spoiled politicians with fascist mindset.”

Meanwhile, Egypt’s world renowned Islamic institution denounced Macron’s remarks about Islam.

Scholars at Al Azhar University on Sunday called Macron’s statement ‘racist’.

They say that French President’s remarks have nothing to do with the true essence of Islam.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday slammed Macron over his policies toward Muslims, saying that the French president needed “mental checks.”

“What can one say about a head of state who treats millions of members from different faith groups this way: first of all, have mental checks,” Erdogan said in a televised address.

On Saturday, Jordan’s foreign ministry said it condemned the “continued publication of caricatures of Prophet Muhammed under the pretext of freedom of expression” and any “discriminatory and misleading attempts that seek to link Islam with terrorism.”

It did not directly criticise Macron.

Jordan’s opposition Islamic Action Front party called on the French president to apologise for his comments and urged citizens in the kingdom to boycott French goods.

Such boycotts are already underway in Kuwait and Qatar.

Images on social media show workers removing French Kiri and Babybel processed cheese from shelves of supermarkets in Kuwait.

In Doha, an AFP correspondent saw workers stripping shelves of French-made St. Dalfour jams and Saf-Instant yeast in a branch of the Al Meera supermarket chain on Saturday.

Al Meera competes with French supermarket chains Monoprix and Carrefour for market share in the lucrative Qatari grocery sector.

Al Meera and another grocery operator, Souq Al Baladi, released statements late Friday saying they would pull French products from stores until further notice.

They stopped short of explicitly naming Macron or citing his comments, but the Al Meera statement said customer “comments guided our actions”.

Neither operator responded to AFP requests for comment.

Backlash

Before Macron’s comments, he had already sparked a backlash in early October when he said “Islam is a religion that is in crisis all over the world”.

Nayef Falah Mubarak Al-Hajraf, secretary general of the Gulf Cooperation Council called Macron’s words “irresponsible” on Friday, and said they would “increase the spread of a culture of hatred”.

The same day, Qatar University wrote on Twitter that following “the deliberate abuse of Islam and its symbols”, French Cultural Week would be postponed indefinitely, in a context where 2020 is the France-Qatar year of culture.

Many Jordanians have changed their profiles on Facebook to add the message “Respect Mohammad the Prophet of Allah (God)”.

In Jaffa, a largely Arab town next to Tel Aviv, some 200 people protested after evening prayers on Saturday in front of the residence of France’s ambassador to Israel.

https://www.trtworld.com/article/40877

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran is more concerned about Islamophobia in France than tackling misuse of blasphemy laws in Pakistan or Ahmedophobia in Pakistan or Islamophobia in China for that matter. What a hypocrite.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Imran is more concerned about Islamophobia in France than tackling misuse of blasphemy laws in Pakistan or Ahmedophobia in Pakistan or Islamophobia in China for that matter. What a hypocrite.
    No the hypocrites are somewhere else.

He is doing what he can to raise his voice against injustices and issues that concern Muslims.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    How did you measure his concern for the these separate issues?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    How did you measure his concern for the these separate issues?
    Based on someone in his team’s interview to Karan Thapar? Who said they are 100% satisfied by China’s actions in that region?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2010 France protected its national flag from insult

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10744040

They and their Indian supporters in this thread always harp on about "freedom of speech" but its clear that the French have restrictions on what you can and cant say.

Imran is totally correct to highlight this hypocrisy.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

There are enough hindus Living around the world, just that they dont indulge in extremism.

Extremist elements have deeply infiltrated the Muslim society, the sooner muslims recognise this the better.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don’t consider criticising political leaders to be the same as mocking (for example) Muhammad PBUH or Jesus Christ.
    That's your personal opinion. For someone religious figures may not be important. Right?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    But we get to decide when we feel hate spreading towards those we hold dear. Dont expect it to be ignored and tbh it's a good thing, brining Muslims and nations closer together. Eventually the French and other secular extremists will have to change their attidute, they are dealing with a huge population of people with vast land around the world. Muslim countries can only get stronger, they've hit the low point.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    There are enough hindus Living around the world, just that they dont indulge in extremism.

Extremist elements have deeply infiltrated the Muslim society, the sooner muslims recognise this the better.
    Bro that is a laughable comment. Please dont insult the memories of thousands massacred in Gujrat/Kashmir.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    French media picking this up:

===

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...ttacking-islam

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan accused French President Emmanuel Macron on Sunday of "attacking Islam", after the European leader criticised Islamists and defended the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.

Khan's comments follow statements Macron made last week after a French teacher was beheaded near Paris after he had shown cartoons of the Prophet during a class he was leading on free speech.

Macron said the teacher "was killed because Islamists want our future."

In a series of tweets, Khan said the remark would sow division.

"This is a time when Pres Macron could have put healing touch & denied space to extremists rather than creating further polarisation & marginalisation that inevitably leads to radicalisation," Khan wrote.

"It is unfortunate that he has chosen to encourage Islamophobia by attacking Islam rather than the terrorists who carry out violence, be it Muslims, White Supremacists or Nazi ideologists."

Macron already sparked controversy earlier this month when he said "Islam is a religion that is in crisis all over the world".

The French teacher became the target of an online hate campaign over his choice of lesson material -- the same images that sparked a bloody assault by Islamist gunmen on the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, the original publisher, in January 2015.

Caricatures of Mohammed are forbidden by Islam.

Blasphemy is an explosive issue in ultra-conservative Pakistan, where anyone deemed to have insulted Islam or Islamic figures can face the death penalty.

"By attacking Islam, clearly without having any understanding of it, President Macron has attacked & hurt the sentiments of millions of Muslims in Europe & across the world," Khan said.

In an address to the United Nations last month, Khan, a populist leader who has been known to play to Pakistan's hardline religious base, blasted Charlie Hebdo for re-publishing the cartoons, saying "wilful provocations" should be "universally outlawed".

Several Muslim countries have called for a boycott of French goods.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Not to belabour the point but IK's stance has support

#IProudlyStandWithPMIK
    62.5K Tweets

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bro that is a laughable comment. Please dont insult the memories of thousands massacred in Gujrat/Kashmir.
    Kashmir? The minority KPs were slaughtered and thrown out of the valley. Those perpetrators so called freedom fighters by many are on global terror lists.

So 60 hindus who were burnt to death were burnt by whom? In the Gujarat riots official figures say 256 hindus died with 750 muslims.
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th October 2020 at 00:57. Reason: Dont mention this forum in your posts

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't get it. Apparently you can't use the words white list or black list anymore because blacklist is associated with something negative and they deem it to be politically incorrect to associate black with a negative. When people are going to these extremes to not hurt the feelings of people who don't care about this stuff, why double down on a sensitive religious issue that genuinely hurts a billion. Why the hypocrisy? What's there to gain in this

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Western leaders are supposed to be smart. They know how to game the world. They know how to progress while keeping the 3rd world a 3rd world and their consumer markets. There's nothing to gain in insisting to repost these cartoons. There is some other ulterior motive which we perhaps don't know yet

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK posts on Twitter as long as it doesn't have any affect on national interest. When it comes to China, the whole religion bandwagon goes under the carpet.

The aljazeera interview already showed how hypocrite and helpless IK is when it comes to raising voice against China. This further proves that, he just does Twitter stunt for publicity in common Pakistani people. Cheap tactics though.

As a Muslim, he shouldn't use religious agenda as weapon.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    IK posts on Twitter as long as it doesn't have any affect on national interest. When it comes to China, the whole religion bandwagon goes under the carpet.

The aljazeera interview already showed how hypocrite and helpless IK is when it comes to raising voice against China. This further proves that, he just does Twitter stunt for publicity in common Pakistani people. Cheap tactics though.

As a Muslim, he shouldn't use religious agenda as weapon.
    What is wrong in picking your battles? In some cases other things are more important than being right.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    What is wrong in picking your battles? In some cases other things are more important than being right.
    If that's the intention, then no objection from my side.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    If that's the intention, then no objection from my side.
    You having or not having objection doesn't matter. Just making a general point, that oh he should either talk about everything or nothing at all is a poor argument which doesn't apply to the real world.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kashmir? The minority KPs were slaughtered and thrown out of the valley. Those perpetrators so called freedom fighters by many are on global terror lists.

So 60 hindus who were burnt to death were burnt by whom? In the Gujarat riots official figures say 256 hindus died with 750 muslims.
    4 lakh Jammu muslims slaughtered and displaced and ethnically cleansed. Over 100k Kashmir muslims slaughtered in just a few decades. Both sponsored, not by bad civilian elements, but by hindu governments.

Vs

219 pandits killed not on communal grounds but on grounds that they were supporting oppressors. Majority of them displaced not out of J&K but to Jammu. Widely condemned by all Kashmiris as something done by bad elements of civilian society and facilitated by Indian government.

*MiNoriTIEs wERe kiLlEd*

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Not a direct answer to Imran but issued after his tweet

Name:  Screenshot_20201026-091051_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  208.3 KB

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A strongly worded letter has been authored and dispatched to Zuckerboy. Ye hota hau leader!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 lakh Jammu muslims slaughtered and displaced and ethnically cleansed. Over 100k Kashmir muslims slaughtered in just a few decades. Both sponsored, not by bad civilian elements, but by hindu governments.

Vs

219 pandits killed not on communal grounds but on grounds that they were supporting oppressors. Majority of them displaced not out of J&K but to Jammu. Widely condemned by all Kashmiris as something done by bad elements of civilian society and facilitated by Indian government.

*MiNoriTIEs wERe kiLlEd*
    219 Pandits killed lol ..

Anyway back to the thread, Kudos to Imran, he is totally killing it on Twitter.

Now Imran, finish this chapter once and for all and become the complete hero by raising a small peep to the Ughyur Muslims getting mutilated in China also, they also love Prophet Mohammad PBUH...
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th October 2020 at 12:53.

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    A strongly worded letter has been authored and dispatched to Zuckerboy. Ye hota hau leader!
    Ye hota hai all show and drama.

Tweeting, writing letters, he is a PM of a country not some a online activist.

If he is serious he should take some action.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has summoned French envoy to register protest over the anti-Islam campaign a day after Prime Minister Imran Khan denounced French President Emmanuel Macron for hurting sentiments of Muslims around the world.

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told Geo Pakistan that it was time to make a collective decision on the matter as he referenced ban on the denial of Holocaust by Israel and 16 European countries.

“Civilised nations should respect Muslim sentiments,” he added.

The foreign minister said he will take up the issue in the Organization of Islamic Corporation (OIC) and propose declaring March 15 a “Day of Solidarity” to honour the 2019 Christchurch attack in New Zealand.

Qureshi’s comments follow a statement by the Foreign Office ringing alarm “at highly disturbing statements by certain politicians justifying such heinous acts under the garb of freedom of expression and equating Islam with terrorism, for narrow electoral and political gains."

French President Emmanuel Macron is being criticised with protests breaking out in several cities across the world after he accused Muslims of separatism and vowed not to give up on blasphemous caricatures.

His comments came in response to the beheading of a teacher, Samuel Paty, a 47-year-old teacher, who was attacked on his way home from the junior high school where he taught in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, 40 kilometres northwest of Paris. The teacher had shown cartoons disrespecting the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), according to media reports.

Read more: President Alvi slams ‘retrograde’ Indian society for anti-Muslim attitude

"The dissemination of racist ideas, defamation and ridiculing of other religions, denigration of religious personalities, hate speech, and incitement to violence are not allowed expressions of this fundamental freedom," the FO statement stressed.

It highlighted that such "illegal and Islamophobic acts" only lead to the fanning of hatred between people of different faiths and create "hostility and confrontation". The statement said that this, in turn, becomes "the very basis of horrendous terrorist acts like Christ Church, thereby imperilling the future prospects of peace and harmony among civilizations".

Pakistan also called into question the "double standards" shown when there are anti-blasphemy and criminal laws for "sensitive issues such as the denial of Holocaust" but then justification is sought to be provided "by a few politicians in some Western countries" when it comes to insulting sentiments of Muslims.

"Such justifications seriously erode their human rights credentials," the statement noted. "Pakistan has always supported and continues to lead international efforts for combating intolerance, discrimination and violence on the basis of religion or belief.”

PM says Macron 'attacked Islam'

Prime Minister Imran Khan has also condemned Macron, saying that the French president “attacked Islam” by encouraging the display of the blasphemous caricatures.

He said Macron could have shown a “healing touch” to deny space to extremists but had instead “chosen to encourage Islamophobia by attacking Islam rather than the terrorists who carry out violence, be it Muslims, White Supremacists or Nazi ideologists”.

Meanwhile, France recalled its ambassador to Ankara after Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said his counterpart Emmanuel Macron needed mental help over his attitude towards Muslims. Erdogan had also said on October 6 that Macron’s comments on were “a clear provocation” and showed “impertinence”.

Source Geo

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketcartoons View Post
    you having or not having objection doesn't matter. Just making a general point, that oh he should either talk about everything or nothing at all is a poor argument which doesn't apply to the real world.
    ok.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not a direct answer to Imran but issued after his tweet

Name:  Screenshot_20201026-091051_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  208.3 KB
    Macron has communication issues. His tweet makes no sense whatsoever. As if his tweet was in response to his own hate speech.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's a big achievement, when you are being labelled a warrior in what you are doing. He was a warrior when he played cricket, and now he is a warrior where it's required. Respect to the warrior!

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i dont support insults of religious figures, muslims in france have taken retaliation to a different figure. The french have their native society and culture and they will do everything to preserve it.

Just like Islamic countries do everything to keep the preminence of Islam and non muslims have to toe that line, others too will try to preserve the preminence of their native culture and religion, muslims should try to adjust within it.

The push back thats seen in france today may spread world wide if Muslims indulge in such acts of extremism. They must understand that they are not in any position to dictate terms to the world.
    So you're saying France's native culture includes caricatures/cartoons mocking various religious figures and bashing Islam and, that Muslims shouldn't express their disappointment and "adjust within it"?
    So much for freedom of expression lol.

Your statement makes it look like France's Muslims are demanding the Christians/Atheists over there to convert. All they're demanding is respect for the most revered figure in Islam. Just like any Christian would for Jesus and any Jew would for Moses. It's not extremism. It is basic courtesy that your beliefs are not mocked by the head of state.
    I know such a thing doesn't exist in India but it doesn't need to extend to France as well.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Man Utd star Paul Pogba has ‘quit playing for France’ over President Macron’s comments on ‘Islamist terrorism’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13020...ts-france/amp/

Is this legit?