Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 123
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,524
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Should Mawlid (Eid Milad-un-Nabi) be celebrated?

    It's not the best way to spend the month of Rabi-ul-Awal engaging in futile arguments over the Mawlid.

    However, it is such a big celebration even in the UK nowadays and elsewhere.


    I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it listen to naats all days eat good food, celebrates the Prophet PBUH life

    I enjoy it especially in Lahore where its like cristmis or something just a beautiful atmosphere

    Wahhabi types (including some in my family) have a problem but they are just being annoying whats wrong with having a festive atmosphere to celebrate Prophet PBUH life?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    It's not the best way to spend the month of Rabi-ul-Awal engaging in futile arguments over the Mawlid.

    However, it is such a big celebration even in the UK nowadays and elsewhere.

    It's an extremely touchy topic which is very, very subjective.

    When you use the word "Celebrate", then you open up a nice can of worms.

    The meaning of "celebration" then starts from person to person and then it starts to "upgrade" the ritual as well ... and this is where it leads to.


  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    It's an extremely touchy topic which is very, very subjective.

    When you use the word "Celebrate", then you open up a nice can of worms.

    The meaning of "celebration" then starts from person to person and then it starts to "upgrade" the ritual as well ... and this is where it leads to.

    pretty sure its somewhere in Lahore or Punjab I have seen these things...

    By celebration i am not saying do mujras I am saying make good food gather people from the neighborhood, read naats, talk about prophets life and do lighting systems and all the shab shabah

    Cause its a celebration

    btw the sasta Michael Jackson guy did some great moves in the end, uncles twerking respect

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    37,701
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remembering the Prophet(pbuh) can never be a bad thing esp in todays times where he is attacked by lowelifes.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 @sweep_shot

    would love to hear your opinions about this situation

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There an incident from the life our prophet (saw) where a Jewish kid used to come sit in the company of our prophet (Saw).
    All of a sudden he stopped coming.
    So after a few days, the prophet (saw) asked the companions about the kid?
    And it was replied that he is sick.

    So the prophet (saw) visits the kid's home and finds him on his death bed.
    The prophet (saw) asks him as to why he had stopped coming?

    The kid replies: I was once on my way to you when I saw the door of a home ajar (slightly opened), and the Satan whispered into my ear, so I went ahead and peaked through the door, only to see a female taking a shower/bath.

    It immediately stuck me and I went back home.

    And from that day on, every time I wanted to come visit you, I asked myself, how can I face you? With what eyes can I look at you? I didn't have the courage to face you from that day on. So I couldn't come.

    The prophet (saw) asked him to recite Kalima, which this kid, and he passed away.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    In place like Pakistan, I think it's a height of hypocrisy to celebrate Eid milaad by many. Yes, there are some good people but come'on, who are we kidding?

    We rank world # 2 in hajj attendance, but on the scale of honesty, we rank at # 120

    I wonder with what face, our corrupt nation will face the prophet (saw) on the day of judgement?

    We are not even qualified to call his (saw's) name with our dirty tongues. How can we lay SUCH A BIG CLAIM that "I am an Ashiq-e-rasool (saw)?

    -----------------------------------------------------

    In my personal opinion, if one really wants to "celebrate" the birth of the prophet (saw), then he/she should start by fasting on every Monday because that's the day of his (saw's) birth.

    And on the day of his birthday, instead of this Christmas type light show to waste 100 and millions of rupees, the money should instead be quitely spent on, helping the poor and needy; without making any show off or drama.

    On the birthday of our prophet (saw), instead of screaming on top of lungs to express our love with naaray baazi and slogans, we should open our wallets and generously give more charity, we should show a display of patience, forgiveness and generosity because THESE ARE THE TRAITS of our prophet's (saw) life.
    We should show kindness to the poor labor who work at our homes, doing our dishes and dusting our furniture and mopping our floors.

    IMO, These naaray baazi and light shows and screaming on loud speakers won't take us far.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    11,741
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    @Abdullah719 @sweep_shot

    would love to hear your opinions about this situation
    As far as I know, it shouldn't be celebrated. Check this video:




  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 27th October 2020 at 07:56.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    1,007
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Thanks

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not a part of Islam. It should not be celebrated.


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    pretty sure its somewhere in Lahore or Punjab I have seen these things...

    By celebration i am not saying do mujras I am saying make good food gather people from the neighborhood, read naats, talk about prophets life and do lighting systems and all the shab shabah

    Cause its a celebration

    btw the sasta Michael Jackson guy did some great moves in the end, uncles twerking respect
    How about this one?

    Is this OK?



    See the problem is, these kinda dance and disco were not part of it when the so called "celebration" of milaad started in the beginning; however, when a step is taken in the wrong direction, it leads to the wrong destinations.

    They started the celebration of milaad and there is no stopping to it now.
    Let's see how ugly it gets as it evolves in the coming years?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All for celebrating it but we need to change the way we celebrate it.

    It shouldn't be a freakin' party with glimmering lights and decorations and fancy cake cutting for God's sake. That looks cringey as heck!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,862
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mubarak to all Muslims who in their love of the Prophet are joyous to celebrate his birth anniversary.

    To those who do not wish to celebrate should register their disapproval by silently not participating in the festivities.

    No need to create a rift where none is needed.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The problem is that in Islam if you are doing things with intentions of reward, you need to have evidence from hadeeth.

    Islam Requires proof, not emotions.

    By doing this we are implying two things. First, that prophet knew that celebrating his birthday was a means of reward and he intentionally hide from the ummah this .

    OR

    Prophet had no idea, but later on, we have revelations about it been a good thing to do.

    The important thing is that NOT even the companions and the first 300 years salaf did that.
    I suppose they would have had a better understanding of Deen than us.

    People need to be careful , there are strong hadeeth regarding innovations.

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a massive biddat. Stay away from it.


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    5,406
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's all about essence and purpose, if it's about helping the needy with foods and money, reciting naats, putting some not so expensive banners or some not so expensive lighting etc than i am all for it, but all other things like, non stop loudspeaker usage, these over the top slogan raising these dancing moves etc and all other show bazi is just waste of time and money, and prophet would be last person to recommend it, and above all of we really love prophet than it should be about trying to follow his teachings through out the year and not just one day shouting of slogans, hub e Rasool itni Asani se nai milti, Rasool pr jan Qurban kr sktay pr unki batun pr amal nai kr sktay sara saal. what kind of hypocritical love is this.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    28,442
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    It is a massive biddat. Stay away from it.
    Re 'biddat' do you even know about the various forms of 'biddat'?

    And why are you asking people to stay away from it? Have you any scholarly authority to say such things?

    I have stopped typing in these kind of threads as things ofte get out of control but got a but was surprised by this post just decided to respond.

    Please give me proofs where it is stated that it's illegal to talk about the life of the Prophet (pbuh), recite Quran, listen to Naat/nasheed together? That is mostly what happens when people celebrate Mawlid.

    And you talk alot about human rights in various threads. And I am sure you know that at those times many people used to bury babygirls alive? And it was the beloved Prophet (pbuh) who teached and made people stop doing that. If you think about, that alone should be enough to spend hours in the night together with others talking about the beautiful character of the Prophet (pbuh).

    It's just amazing how the fatwa factory get's in action once there is time for Mawlid.

    And it's foolish to think that this is a sub-continental thing. If you go to countries like Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Morocco etc celebrating Mawlid is big.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    13,044
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to argue about this in my younger days ( i was against its celebration).

    Now my stance has changed. I don't personally celebrate but if others wish to do so I dont argue.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It brings people to mosque, they read Namaz, they listen to hadith and they give charity. Who loses?


  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    It's all about essence and purpose, if it's about helping the needy with foods and money, reciting naats, putting some not so expensive banners or some not so expensive lighting etc than i am all for it, but all other things like, non stop loudspeaker usage, these over the top slogan raising these dancing moves etc and all other show bazi is just waste of time and money, and prophet would be last person to recommend it, and above all of we really love prophet than it should be about trying to follow his teachings through out the year and not just one day shouting of slogans, hub e Rasool itni Asani se nai milti, Rasool pr jan Qurban kr sktay pr unki batun pr amal nai kr sktay sara saal. what kind of hypocritical love is this.
    Agreed. I think the Showbazi bit annoys me too. But as I said in my previous post, if done with the right spirit, nobody loses and everyone wins.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    It is a massive biddat. Stay away from it.
    Its not farz so no need to worry.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    All for celebrating it but we need to change the way we celebrate it.

    It shouldn't be a freakin' party with glimmering lights and decorations and fancy cake cutting for God's sake. That looks cringey as heck!
    Totally agree, some of the excesses are annoying.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    The problem is that in Islam if you are doing things with intentions of reward, you need to have evidence from hadeeth.

    Islam Requires proof, not emotions.

    By doing this we are implying two things. First, that prophet knew that celebrating his birthday was a means of reward and he intentionally hide from the ummah this .

    OR

    Prophet had no idea, but later on, we have revelations about it been a good thing to do.

    The important thing is that NOT even the companions and the first 300 years salaf did that.
    I suppose they would have had a better understanding of Deen than us.

    People need to be careful , there are strong hadeeth regarding innovations.

    This is a good logic.
    And here is my opinion.
    If a Muslim tries to follow ALL Farz and ALL Sunnah alone, he probably wouldn't have anymore time left to do these "celebrations".
    For now, "celebrating" milaad is like, you are trying to save an LCD tv hanging on your cabin while the entire ship is sinking.

    When are raised from the dead, we probably won't be asked if we had celebrated milaad or not? But we would be questioned about other things, that we should be focusing on now.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    It brings people to mosque, they read Namaz, they listen to hadith and they give charity. Who loses?
    To bring people to Mosque and read Namaz you do not need innovations, those are obligatory part of Islam.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Re 'biddat' do you even know about the various forms of 'biddat'?

    And why are you asking people to stay away from it? Have you any scholarly authority to say such things?

    I have stopped typing in these kind of threads as things ofte get out of control but got a but was surprised by this post just decided to respond.

    Please give me proofs where it is stated that it's illegal to talk about the life of the Prophet (pbuh), recite Quran, listen to Naat/nasheed together? That is mostly what happens when people celebrate Mawlid.

    And you talk alot about human rights in various threads. And I am sure you know that at those times many people used to bury babygirls alive? And it was the beloved Prophet (pbuh) who teached and made people stop doing that. If you think about, that alone should be enough to spend hours in the night together with others talking about the beautiful character of the Prophet (pbuh).

    It's just amazing how the fatwa factory get's in action once there is time for Mawlid.

    And it's foolish to think that this is a sub-continental thing. If you go to countries like Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Morocco etc celebrating Mawlid is big.
    It is not wrong to talk about the prophet and recite Quran.

    But you cannot specify a particular day to it and associate the prophet birthday to it. If this was part of deen , prophet himself would have done it or the companions would have followed it.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    To bring people to Mosque and read Namaz you do not need innovations, those are obligatory part of Islam.
    But who loses? Do you lose in any way or form? Do the worshippers lose? Are you forced to do something you dont want?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    This is a good logic.
    And here is my opinion.
    If a Muslim tries to follow ALL Farz and ALL Sunnah alone, he probably wouldn't have anymore time left to do these "celebrations".
    For now, "celebrating" milaad is like, you are trying to save an LCD tv hanging on your cabin while the entire ship is sinking.

    When are raised from the dead, we probably won't be asked if we had celebrated milaad or not? But we would be questioned about other things, that we should be focusing on now.
    This is an innovation.
    The laymen who do not have knowledge would probably escape , but scholars who propagate this will be in deep trouble on the day of judgment.

    I have seen numerous debates , and have been involved in several myself , but so far there has never been a single authentic proof of this , all emotional talks only.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are only 2 Eids in Islam, not 3.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But who loses? Do you lose in any way or form? Do the worshippers lose? Are you forced to do something you dont want?
    So bring them to the mosque due to innovation. Wow.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    So bring them to the mosque due to innovation. Wow.
    there would be no Muslims in SC without "innovation" all the saints did "innovations"

    than we should stop revering them and call them kaafir?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    there would be no Muslims in SC without "innovation" all the saints did "innovations"

    than we should stop revering them and call them kaafir?
    Well for a start majority of the stories tied with them are made up anyway. Unless they have written a book where they have mentioned their practices etc. This is mainly celebrated by bravelis and sufis and we all know about the innovations in their sects.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    So bring them to the mosque due to innovation. Wow.
    Again i ask you, who loses? Is a sin being committed when Naats are read, or someone quotes a hadith. Who loses? Do you lose as someone that doesnt celebrate?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    There are only 2 Eids in Islam, not 3.
    So you should celebrate the 2.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Again i ask you, who loses? Is a sin being committed when Naats are read, or someone quotes a hadith. Who loses? Do you lose as someone that doesnt celebrate?
    So Innovations are fine according to you then?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    So you should celebrate the 2.
    Alhamdulillah, I celebrate 2 which can be proven and is from Islam. Not a made-up one.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Alhamdulillah, I celebrate 2 which can be proven and is from Islam. Not a made-up one.
    And who is telling you not to. If that is what floats your boat, then that is good.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    423
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Again i ask you, who loses? Is a sin being committed when Naats are read, or someone quotes a hadith. Who loses? Do you lose as someone that doesnt celebrate?
    Yeah I do have a similar attitude about mawlid. It has nothing to do with religion but no problem if people want to celebrate it by praying,fasting, feeding the poor, Discussing blessed Prophet's life. In contrast, if someone dosent want to get involved with it, then he shouldn't be branded as a gustaqh e Rasool as wells (branding done by the typical barelvis).
    Last edited by ishtiaq_ctg; 27th October 2020 at 22:20.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    Yeah I do have a similar attitude about mawlid. It has nothing to do with religion but no problem if people want to celebrate it by praying,fasting, feeding the poor, Discussing blessed Prophet's life. In contrast, if someone dosent want to get involved with it, then he shouldn't be branded as a gustaqh e Rasool as wells (branding done by the typical barelvis).
    Totally agree, its not farz. If people are not comfortable then they shouldnt do it. Some of the barelvis getting just as fanatical as the whabbis when it comes to imposing their views

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    And who is telling you not to. If that is what floats your boat, then that is good.
    I am just highlighting that there is no place for the 3rd Eid in Islam. According to you innovations are fine so i will leave it at that.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I am just highlighting that there is no place for the 3rd Eid in Islam. According to you innovations are fine so i will leave it at that.
    As long as you are at peace with your beliefs then its not my right to impose my views.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Totally agree, its not farz. If people are not comfortable then they shouldnt do it. Some of the barelvis getting just as fanatical as the whabbis when it comes to imposing their views
    Didn't you just answer your own self?

    "It's not Farz" (and I think, not a Sunnah either) - so technically, theoretically, ideally and logically speaking, those who celebrate Eid Milaad, must have completed ALL Farz (and all sunnah), and now they have enough time and resources left to celebrate Milaad because there is no other farz (and sunnah) left to do?


    Remember, we have a limited time and resources and we are supposed to make best of our time and our resources.
    And when we are raised from the dead, we will probably be questioned about all the FARZ.

    And on another note,

    From the hadeeth, we know that the prophet (saw) said, and the closest meaning is,

    "Cleanliness is half faith" (Safayee nisf emaan hai).

    Have you seen the situation of Pakistani cities? The entire country looks like one huge trash pile.
    Where are the "Aashiqaan-e-rasool (saw) to work day and night to clean up the country and promote and encourage the rest to keep our place of living clean because it's part of prophet (saw) life and his sunnah?

    The same streets where the ceremonial crowds pass through, are littered with trash and kachra gandagi and ghalaazat. What an irony!

    I would rather ask the "Aashiqan-e-rasool(saw) to adopt a city street, or mohallah and wipe it clean in the love of our prophet's (saw) hadeeth.

    Islamic doctrine, in general wants ACTION to support your words.
    The gathering to recite naats is only talk. Ideally, there has to be some action to support these love claims.
    Growing a long beard, making a miswaak stick out of your pocket, raising your shalwaar to expose your ankles, won't do it.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Didn't you just answer your own self?

    "It's not Farz" (and I think, not a Sunnah either) - so technically, theoretically, ideally and logically speaking, those who celebrate Eid Milaad, must have completed ALL Farz (and all sunnah), and now they have enough time and resources left to celebrate Milaad because there is no other farz (and sunnah) left to do?


    Remember, we have a limited time and resources and we are supposed to make best of our time and our resources.
    And when we are raised from the dead, we will probably be questioned about all the FARZ.

    And on another note,

    From the hadeeth, we know that the prophet (saw) said, and the closest meaning is,

    "Cleanliness is half faith" (Safayee nisf emaan hai).

    Have you seen the situation of Pakistani cities? The entire country looks like one huge trash pile.
    Where are the "Aashiqaan-e-rasool (saw) to work day and night to clean up the country and promote and encourage the rest to keep our place of living clean because it's part of prophet (saw) life and his sunnah?

    The same streets where the ceremonial crowds pass through, are littered with trash and kachra gandagi and ghalaazat. What an irony!

    I would rather ask the "Aashiqan-e-rasool(saw) to adopt a city street, or mohallah and wipe it clean in the love of our prophet's (saw) hadeeth.

    Islamic doctrine, in general wants ACTION to support your words.
    The gathering to recite naats is only talk. Ideally, there has to be some action to support these love claims.
    Growing a long beard, making a miswaak stick out of your pocket, raising your shalwaar to expose your ankles, won't do it.
    Great idea, lets celebrate in practical ways to improve our communities. As far your point and Farz and Sunnah is concerned, you are right but i dont see anyone losing from celebrations, i just see more people in Masjid, i see more reading namaz and more charity given. For me the downside is the commercialisation and Maulvis using it as a cash cow. As i said if people dont want to do it, then i dont have a problem but nor should they have any problems with it.

  44. #44
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,848
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this was Hinduism, people would be celebrating the birthday like its their own. In Islam, its quite opposite.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    If this was Hinduism, people would be celebrating the birthday like its their own. In Islam, its quite opposite.
    The irony of katarpur isn't lost on people

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Re 'biddat' do you even know about the various forms of 'biddat'?

    And why are you asking people to stay away from it? Have you any scholarly authority to say such things?

    I have stopped typing in these kind of threads as things ofte get out of control but got a but was surprised by this post just decided to respond.

    Please give me proofs where it is stated that it's illegal to talk about the life of the Prophet (pbuh), recite Quran, listen to Naat/nasheed together? That is mostly what happens when people celebrate Mawlid.

    And you talk alot about human rights in various threads. And I am sure you know that at those times many people used to bury babygirls alive? And it was the beloved Prophet (pbuh) who teached and made people stop doing that. If you think about, that alone should be enough to spend hours in the night together with others talking about the beautiful character of the Prophet (pbuh).

    It's just amazing how the fatwa factory get's in action once there is time for Mawlid.

    And it's foolish to think that this is a sub-continental thing. If you go to countries like Turkey, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Morocco etc celebrating Mawlid is big.
    Biddat is anything that is not proved from the life of Prophet Mohammad PBUH. The Prophet PBUH did not celebrate milad nor did his companions or the four caliphs. Does it mean they loved the Prophet PBUH less? Does it mean we know something that they did not know?

    There is nothing wrong in offering prayers but designating a day for such rituals is problematic. Therefore, milad is a massive biddat.


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most people in Pakistan who never offer prayers or give zakat are the ones who celebrate milad with the most zeal. Very hypocritical!


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Biddat is anything that is not proved from the life of Prophet Mohammad PBUH. The Prophet PBUH did not celebrate milad nor did his companions or the four caliphs. Does it mean they loved the Prophet PBUH less? Does it mean we know something that they did not know?

    There is nothing wrong in offering prayers but designating a day for such rituals is problematic. Therefore, milad is a massive biddat.
    How is it problematic?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,355
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Most people in Pakistan who never offer prayers or give zakat are the ones who celebrate milad with the most zeal. Very hypocritical!
    Lol, I have to completely agree with this, as a matter of fact this also applies in England also, find it astonishing people discard the obligatory fard yet celebrate something that has no value.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    28,442
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Biddat is anything that is not proved from the life of Prophet Mohammad PBUH. The Prophet PBUH did not celebrate milad nor did his companions or the four caliphs. Does it mean they loved the Prophet PBUH less? Does it mean we know something that they did not know?

    There is nothing wrong in offering prayers but designating a day for such rituals is problematic. Therefore, milad is a massive biddat.
    You obviously have no clue about what you are typing. There is a thing called "praiseworthy innovation" (Bida'al-hasana). An innovation which doesn't go against the Prophetic guidance. If you don't get this then can you explain me what these things are;

    - Gathering Quran into one book
    - Taraweeh prayer behind and Imam
    - Books of Islamic Law
    - The science of Hadith
    - Recording of Quranic recitation
    - AC and Carpets in the Mosques.

    If these are not a form of innovation, what is it then? Why not have all these like the old times. Why have the luxury of AC and carpets in the Mosques?

    The Prophet (pbuh) fasted on Mondays. Do you know why he did that? Because he (pbuh) was born on a Monday.

    And you can draw out from Quran and Sunnah that people should express thankfulness and rejoicing in the blessing and gift from Allah, that is our beloved Prophet (pbuh).

    If someone doesn’t feel comfortable with celebrating Milad, it is fine, but condemning a mainstream action approved by mainstream Islamic scholarship is the basis of division, and contrary to established principles.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    You obviously have no clue about what you are typing. There is a thing called "praiseworthy innovation" (Bida'al-hasana). An innovation which doesn't go against the Prophetic guidance. If you don't get this then can you explain me what these things are;

    - Gathering Quran into one book
    - Taraweeh prayer behind and Imam
    - Books of Islamic Law
    - The science of Hadith
    - Recording of Quranic recitation
    - AC and Carpets in the Mosques.


    If these are not a form of innovation, what is it then? Why not have all these like the old times. Why have the luxury of AC and carpets in the Mosques?

    The Prophet (pbuh) fasted on Mondays. Do you know why he did that? Because he (pbuh) was born on a Monday.

    And you can draw out from Quran and Sunnah that people should express thankfulness and rejoicing in the blessing and gift from Allah, that is our beloved Prophet (pbuh).

    If someone doesn’t feel comfortable with celebrating Milad, it is fine, but condemning a mainstream action approved by mainstream Islamic scholarship is the basis of division, and contrary to established principles.
    I use a fan for my own convenience; I do not turn on the fan thinking that by doing so, I will get sawaab. People on milad eat rice, halwa and get together thinking that it will give them sawaab.

    Fasting on a Monday is a Sunnah.

    However, milad is a biddat; the Prophet (PBUH) did not celebrate his milad nor did any of his companions.

    Also, only barelvis approve of milad because they get to eat food! Sub pait ka chakkar hai!


    Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    I use a fan for my own convenience; I do not turn on the fan thinking that by doing so, I will get sawaab. People on milad eat rice, halwa and get together thinking that it will give them sawaab.

    Fasting on a Monday is a Sunnah.

    However, milad is a biddat; the Prophet (PBUH) did not celebrate his milad nor did any of his companions.

    Also, only barelvis approve of milad because they get to eat food! Sub pait ka chakkar hai!
    But it is a holiday in all of middle east as well except in Saudi and Israel i think.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    28,442
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    I use a fan for my own convenience; I do not turn on the fan thinking that by doing so, I will get sawaab. People on milad eat rice, halwa and get together thinking that it will give them sawaab.

    Fasting on a Monday is a Sunnah.

    However, milad is a biddat; the Prophet (PBUH) did not celebrate his milad nor did any of his companions.

    Also, only barelvis approve of milad because they get to eat food! Sub pait ka chakkar hai!
    This shows how ignorant you are. Firstly I don't agree with the term 'barelvi'. But since you have taken up this topic, Imam Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi (ra) died in 1921 and this term has thus come into life after his death. And are you saying that Milad was not celebrated before the 20th century?

    Hadd hoti hai yaar. You can not just post random stuff without having knowledge about it.

    I think I am getting out of this thread.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,849
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    This shows how ignorant you are. Firstly I don't agree with the term 'barelvi'. But since you have taken up this topic, Imam Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi (ra) died in 1921 and this term has thus come into life after his death. And are you saying that Milad was not celebrated before the 20th century?

    Hadd hoti hai yaar. You can not just post random stuff without having knowledge about it.

    I think I am getting out of this thread.
    This is an invention of the last 150 or so years. Whatever the exact date is, it is a massive biddat. Stay away from it.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I have no issue with celebrating Eid Milad un Nabi. My ancestors celebrated it, and I remember the way the streets were decorated in my childhood and early adulthood (before Deobandi v Barelwi splits became prominent in Pakistan). It brings people together and allows people to experience happiness and joy in these dark times - so why not? I'm not a very religious man so I will not enter the debate on whether it is bidat or not, but I would have thought any remeberance of our Aaqa would be seen as a good thing.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is bidaat and others have said the same as well. It is bidaat because it is an invention. Just because people enjoy celebrating it or are doing so because their forefathers did it, does not make it right.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th October 2020 at 01:52.




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    It is bidaat and others have said the same as well. It is bidaat because it is an invention. Just because people enjoy celebrating it or are doing so because their forefathers did it, does not make it right.
    Arent you an atheist?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th October 2020 at 01:53.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Arent you an atheist?
    Whether I’m an atheist, a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim has nothing to do with the fact that it is bidaat. Stop trying to label me and stick to the topic being discussed

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Whether I’m an atheist, a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim has nothing to do with the fact that it is bidaat. Stop trying to label me and stick to the topic being discussed
    Sorry, i didnt want to be rude at all. I meant that it shouldnt matter to atheists whether people celebrate mawlid or not. Because the question of it being right or wrong is not their concern as they have rejected the faith.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Whether I’m an atheist, a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim has nothing to do with the fact that it is bidaat. Stop trying to label me and stick to the topic being discussed
    Why would an atheist be concerned about Milad. Quite simply it's none of your business.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    13,778
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Sorry, i didnt want to be rude at all. I meant that it shouldnt matter to atheists whether people celebrate mawlid or not. Because the question of it being right or wrong is not their concern as they have rejected the faith.
    An atheist would naturally want that people don't celebrate the birthday of a religious figure. Example of devil quoting the scriptures.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    An atheist would naturally want that people don't celebrate the birthday of a religious figure. Example of devil quoting the scriptures.
    I didnt look at it that way. But you have made me think.

  63. #63
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,727
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Most people in Pakistan who never offer prayers or give zakat are the ones who celebrate milad with the most zeal. Very hypocritical!
    Well I wouldn't celebrate it with much zeal, but can see the attraction in that approach. Still better than being a misery guts fuming over other people celebrating a birthday.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Why would an atheist be concerned about Milad. Quite simply it's none of your business.
    Ok. Let's talk scripture. Where in Islam does it allow these celebrations? Are birthday celebrations allowed in Islam?




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    An atheist would naturally want that people don't celebrate the birthday of a religious figure. Example of devil quoting the scriptures.
    As mentioned in an earlier post. Is there any evidence from the Qur'an or Hadith to support celebration of birthdays?




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Ok. Let's talk scripture. Where in Islam does it allow these celebrations? Are birthday celebrations allowed in Islam?
    As a guy without a tangible interest in the debate is it really any of your business.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As a guy without a tangible interest in the debate is it really any of your business.
    That's your assumption. Similar to the guy who assumed I was an atheist. I've never said I'm an atheist. This is a good way to run away without having a discussion just claim the other person doesn't know enough or has no interest in Islam. So, I ask you again, regardless of the external factors, is there any evidence supporting celebration of such events in Islam coming from either the Quran or the Hadith?




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    That's your assumption. Similar to the guy who assumed I was an atheist. I've never said I'm an atheist. This is a good way to run away without having a discussion just claim the other person doesn't know enough or has no interest in Islam. So, I ask you again, regardless of the external factors, is there any evidence supporting celebration of such events in Islam coming from either the Quran or the Hadith?
    I am sure you have told us that you are an atheist, its the reason two of us have assumed the same thing. I am not an expert of either the Quran or Sunnah but what I know is that from my experience only good has come of it. If the critics are right then at worst it will not have any positive effects on the ledger. Many give charity in the name of
    our beloved prophet (PBUH), for example in my Masjid they raised 1000s for the Royhinga. So if people feel comfortable they should do it and if they don't, they shouldn't.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    9,009
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I am sure you have told us that you are an atheist, its the reason two of us have assumed the same thing. I am not an expert of either the Quran or Sunnah but what I know is that from my experience only good has come of it. If the critics are right then at worst it will not have any positive effects on the ledger. Many give charity in the name of
    our beloved prophet (PBUH), for example in my Masjid they raised 1000s for the Royhinga. So if people feel comfortable they should do it and if they don't, they shouldn't.
    Find me a post where I stated I was an atheist. You need to stop assuming things and base your arguements/discussions on facts




    Sua cuique voluptas.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    643
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I right in thinking that most mainstream Sunnis celebrate milad? It seems like many of the Wahabbi and Salafi types that are against it. My Sunni family are very much into it.

    I am neutral, as I am an atheist, but can't it be classed as bid'ah? And sometimes the reverence for Muhammad seems awfully close to worship, so perhaps it can be seen as shirk to some people. Pretty interesting topic.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    16,472
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same arguments year in year out

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    409
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    Personally I have no issue with celebrating Eid Milad un Nabi. My ancestors celebrated it, and I remember the way the streets were decorated in my childhood and early adulthood (before Deobandi v Barelwi splits became prominent in Pakistan). It brings people together and allows people to experience happiness and joy in these dark times - so why not? I'm not a very religious man so I will not enter the debate on whether it is bidat or not, but I would have thought any remeberance of our Aaqa would be seen as a good thing.
    So, your supportive reason for celebration is that “it brings people together and allows people to experience happiness and joy in these dark times”.

    How about we achieve that by coming to masjid for fajr prayers?
    Why dont the “Ashiqaan-e-rasool (saw) come to masjid for fajr in the same numbers and with the same zeal to “get together and enjoy happiness”, AND satisfaction?

    Isn’t praying fajr, a fard?
    Doesn’t praying salah in congregation “bring people together”?

    If you notice, Islamic doctrine has already taken care of, and guided us with the right way of “getting together” - and that is, praying salah in congregation.

    It’s munafiqat and hypocrisy in my opinion that one yearns and is worried about celebrating Milaad but he is ignorant of fulfillment of doing FARD with the same zeal.
    Perhaps this is the reason of “dark times” to begin with?


    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Lol, I have to completely agree with this, as a matter of fact this also applies in England also, find it astonishing people discard the obligatory fard yet celebrate something that has no value.
    Because it’s a shortcut to full that “religious obligations piece” in our lives.
    And finding shortcuts is deeply hardwired into our DNA.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    Am I right in thinking that most mainstream Sunnis celebrate milad? It seems like many of the Wahabbi and Salafi types that are against it. My Sunni family are very much into it.

    I am neutral, as I am an atheist, but can't it be classed as bid'ah? And sometimes the reverence for Muhammad seems awfully close to worship, so perhaps it can be seen as shirk to some people. Pretty interesting topic.
    I would suggest vaisakhi tradition leans heavily on Mawlid... Prophet is our Messiah ?. But not lord...

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    there would be no Muslims in SC without "innovation" all the saints did "innovations"

    than we should stop revering them and call them kaafir?
    The innovations of the saints which you are talking about are documented into books. The point to note is that we have hadeeth books like Tirmidhi , Musnad E Hanbal , Mutardak hakim etc , where we have hadeeth which have chains of transmission , but yet we grade them , and do not authenticate all.

    The Books of saints have NO transmissions at all ! Question arises how can we be sure about them?
    So , we cannot put any fatwa over them on such basis.

    What we can say is that those things are NOT part of islam.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But who loses? Do you lose in any way or form? Do the worshippers lose? Are you forced to do something you dont want?
    If I start praying 4 rakkats insead of two for fajr , will you approve of that? Who loses here ? Also , if you do not approve , can I know the reason behind that ?

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    Yeah I do have a similar attitude about mawlid. It has nothing to do with religion but no problem if people want to celebrate it by praying,fasting, feeding the poor, Discussing blessed Prophet's life. In contrast, if someone dosent want to get involved with it, then he shouldn't be branded as a gustaqh e Rasool as wells (branding done by the typical barelvis).
    Brother let alone gustaqe E rasool , unfortunately our society has Muslims who do not believe others to be Muslim.

    I am astounded at these scholars who have the audacity to call other Muslims not belonging to there sects as kafirs. Trust me this has long history , the top scholars of their respective sects have made takfir over each others and it is well documented. When they come on TV and say about unity they are hiding their ugly faces behind make up.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How is it problematic?
    Problem is you ask people who celebrate it with view of getting rewards. They will agree to it.
    So , did the prophet hide this way of getting a reward from us ? Are those people ready to accept this ?

    Or

    They believe the prophet had no idea about this , but latter some scholars got this knowledge through revelations?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    94,181
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    You obviously have no clue about what you are typing. There is a thing called "praiseworthy innovation" (Bida'al-hasana). An innovation which doesn't go against the Prophetic guidance. If you don't get this then can you explain me what these things are;

    - Gathering Quran into one book
    - Taraweeh prayer behind and Imam
    - Books of Islamic Law
    - The science of Hadith
    - Recording of Quranic recitation
    - AC and Carpets in the Mosques.

    If these are not a form of innovation, what is it then? Why not have all these like the old times. Why have the luxury of AC and carpets in the Mosques?

    The Prophet (pbuh) fasted on Mondays. Do you know why he did that? Because he (pbuh) was born on a Monday.

    And you can draw out from Quran and Sunnah that people should express thankfulness and rejoicing in the blessing and gift from Allah, that is our beloved Prophet (pbuh).

    If someone doesn’t feel comfortable with celebrating Milad, it is fine, but condemning a mainstream action approved by mainstream Islamic scholarship is the basis of division, and contrary to established principles.
    Sorry, but can you show me where the prophet said there is something called praiseworthy innovation?

    When you gather the quran in a book , how is it innovation ? The Quran was already present in different forms , you are not changing the text .

    Again Taraweeh was prayed by the prophet for three days and companions joined him .

    Again fiqh Books base on hadeeth which are words spoken by the prophet, he himself gave those laws.

    The science of hadeeth is an innovation? The hadith were already present Text of hadeeth is not altered.

    No one is recording the quran and saying that if you record the quran you will get more rewards by recording. Also , again when you record are you altering any part of quran ?

    AC and Carpets are not related to Deen. The salah remains same . Its not that if you do not have AC or carpets you will get more rewards.

    Yes , he was born on Monday , but prophet also fasted on Thursday , so was he born on two days ?

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,747
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Problem is you ask people who celebrate it with view of getting rewards. They will agree to it.
    So , did the prophet hide this way of getting a reward from us ? Are those people ready to accept this ?

    Or

    They believe the prophet had no idea about this , but latter some scholars got this knowledge through revelations?
    But the Prophet (pbuh) did tell us that reciting Quran and doing charity are good ways of earning rewards. How is it problematic if apart from normal days we come together and do it more on one day?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,274
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Problem is you ask people who celebrate it with view of getting rewards. They will agree to it.
    So , did the prophet hide this way of getting a reward from us ? Are those people ready to accept this ?

    Or

    They believe the prophet had no idea about this , but latter some scholars got this knowledge through revelations?
    So let's assume you are right and there is no reward. Who has lost out? The worshippers that went to Masjid and read Namaz, the ones that gave charity and food to the poor. Who lost out


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •