Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right folks. No concept of hell fire in Hinduism. Just Sati, burning a widow alive. To name but a few.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Then go drink cow urine while dancing around Sati.

Ignore list hence forth. These indian trolls pretending to be Muslim Pakistanis need a refund.
    You truly are a mental midget as stated by someone earlier.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will always find an Indian pretending to be a Pakistani, but never find a Pakistani pretending to be Indian.

Sums it up.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    It is not just the old wounds, but the wounds keep getting reopened and not allowed to heal. Even now muslims are outmaling and humiliating our masculinity. My own experiences don't let me overcome you guys (kashmiri muslims, one of them my classmate). but won't derail the thread with my personal anecdotes.
    Please do , These experiences add to the debate .

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I agree.
    and therein lies the gist of it.

When a group of people strongly identify with their faith and due to that develop certain characteristics which set them apart from the others or majority, then this is how discrimination starts. BY targeting that one factor that is being used to identify them. With jews, it could have been their inability to conform to German christian culture, certain social economic cultural practices, you name it. The Nazis did not like it. They started a campaign against them. Now we do not hear about what set them off but we hear they killed the Jews and it was very bad. But how did it all begin? You wont hear much about it.

This is how the battle lines are drawn. You can start setting a group of people apart by using their faith as an excuse to pick on them. You insult their faith and their religious practices. Then it turns into insulting them because they practice the said faith. Then the insults turn into hate and hate is a very very strong emotion.

In a nutshell, I would say if a group of people strongly identify with a certain social/religious/anthropological factor, it should not be ok to insult that aspect in the name of freedom of speech. Because it leads to bigger problems.

Can you imagine insulting the Jewish faith and practices without the possibility of being labelled an anti-semite?
    @Nadeemp,
    I would like to hear your thoughts on the above post of mine considering we were having a meaningful debate and my last entry may have escaped your attention.
    Thanks

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You will always find an Indian pretending to be a Pakistani, but never find a Pakistani pretending to be Indian.

Sums it up.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I replied. Jewish faith can be criticized and is without any issues. The libraries are full of books critical of Judaism. Christianity is criticized and libraries are full of books on that subject as well. Islam CAn also be criticized. Now we should not target the people of faith and demonize them. Of any faith.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sums it up.
    A big chunk of indian restaurants in USA Are owned by Pakistanis or Bengalis. So there goes that

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Ah. You beat me to it.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    A big chunk of indian restaurants in USA Are owner by Pakistanis or Bengalis. So there goes that
    There's not much to gain for an Indian pretending to be a Pakistani IMO. I wonder who does this.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Hinduism does not have the "Saving from Hell Fires" concept. There is no concept of conversion there even though it is getting started in the past couple of decades due to ISCON movement in Europe and Americas.
    Hindus believe in moksha (liberation of soul from rebirth). So no concept of going to heaven and God or Gods getting angry because the dead person never believed in the Hindu God when he/she was alive.

Christianity and Islam are different. numbers matter to them. Islam is the fastest growing religion due to high fertility rate and nothing else.
    I thought hindus believed in reincarnation, so for example if you lead a bad life you might come back reborn as a gerbil.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I thought hindus believed in reincarnation, so for example if you lead a bad life you might come back reborn as a gerbil.
    Hence Moksha. To liberate the soul from the cycle of rebirth.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why a gerbil?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    Hence Moksha. To liberate the soul from the cycle of rebirth.
    I thought you were an atheist, why would you need to liberate a soul then?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Why a gerbil?
    I said for example, doesn't have to be a gerbil, could be a hamster or a guinea pig.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All three religions (Islam, Christianity, Judaism) come down hard on idol worshipers (Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism). We are reminded constantly that idol worshippers are definitely going to hell no matter what etc.

Over the period of time, Christians and Jews have prospered, they are mostly educated and because of that education they respect the fact that religion is a private matter. In the UK, you have Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews etc all getting along fine because they are educated.

Now lets look at the Sub-continent. A Muslim Pakistan bordering a Hindu India with both countries have a large population who is either (a) uneducated (b) unemployed or (c) both. These people have nothing better to do with their life or time. And to spice up the matters, we have countless Molvis' and Pandits fuelling the fire.

In Pakistan, you are shamed into praying. If you miss a Friday prayer, the initial reaction is as if you are an untouchable. (I am not talking about Elite areas).

Give people education, a good standard of living and they will not have time to engage in such matters. Hungry stomach, empty minds and empty pockets are breeding grounds for all sorts of hate.

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I replied. Jewish faith can be criticized and is without any issues. The libraries are full of books critical of Judaism. Christianity is criticized and libraries are full of books on that subject as well. Islam CAn also be criticized. Now we should not target the people of faith and demonize them. Of any faith.
    Criticising in the books is very very different from doing it in public and making a big deal out of it. you think the Nazis laid the basis for holocaust by simply publishing books on the matter?

Can you stand at Times Square (or any other intersection) and hold a board up that ads "Judaism is Insanity?" or some such idiotic phrase .. or burn the Torah and do so without having someone come up to you and claim you are an anti-semite? or without getting into trouble with the authorities?

I do not believe so!

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Criticising in the books is very very different from doing it in public and making a big deal out of it. you think the Nazis laid the basis for holocaust by simply publishing books on the matter?

Can you stand at Times Square (or any other intersection) and hold a board up that ads "Judaism is Insanity?" or some such idiotic phrase .. or burn the Torah and do so without having someone come up to you and claim you are an anti-semite? or without getting into trouble with the authorities?

I do not believe so!
    You might be called whatever by a private citizen. And you might get arrested for a fire code violation. But you have the right to burn the book. You canít be arrested for criticizing a religion in USA.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be called whatever by a private citizen. And you might get arrested for a fire code violation. But you have the right to burn the book. You canít be arrested for criticizing a religion in USA.
    No I get that but thatís not the point is it? The point is how does discrimination and alienation start and how it leads to something far more terrible. We can talk about the legalities of it till cows come home but thatís not the bigger point.

It all starts somewhere... if you donít agree with a particular faith, why do you have to publicize it, publish insulting and ridiculous cartoons in the paper? Burn their books, etc, when your intention is not to use these methods as propaganda tools?

See talking about it in books and whatnot isnít enough for some of these people.. because you can make a valid argument about something and publish a paper where another intellectual or educated person reads about it and responds with a valid argument as well.. but thatís not the target audience. The target audience are the uneducated, or ill informed individuals who can be riled up into a storm and start something much worse.

Hopefully now you see where I was going with this.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much to gain for an Indian pretending to be a Pakistani IMO. I wonder who does this.
    Trolls Varun. India is an oppressed nation. Indian hold a grudge agsint the British and Islam.

You on the other hand provide valuable insight living outside of India.

Don't reduce yourself to their level.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Trolls Varun. India is an oppressed nation. Indian hold a grudge agsint the British and Islam.

You on the other hand provide valuable insight living outside of India.

Don't reduce yourself to their level.
    You'll be glad to know that I very much live in India and hold no grudge against either Britain or Islam.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be glad to know that I very much live in India and hold no grudge against either Britain or Islam.
    Good. Then stop talking about the West like you live there; along with your bretheren.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muslims in Australia and US live under a common civil code. If any Muslim is discriminated in these countries I Canít speak for others but I will personally raise my voice against it because it is actual discrimination.

Muslims being discriminated in their own country like Ahmadiyyas or Shias or whatever is not my problem but still discrimination is discrimination so my sympathies but I guess since Muslims are united they should figure it out themselves.

Now I have a problem when Muslims( obviously a select few nuisance types) or for the matter of fact people like that from any religion or sect including my own start demanding concessions and ask for changes as it makes them uncomfortable and start beheading people or blowing up stuff, I am ok if that person is discriminated and treated like the low level garbage they are. Again this applies to any religion but you got my point.

So there you go my 2 cents why the OP might think this way about Indians.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I thought you were an atheist, why would you need to liberate a soul then?
    I am an atheist and I do not believe in any of the rebirth nonsense. I am only giving you my opinion on Hindu beliefs.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Muslims in Australia and US live under a common civil code. If any Muslim is discriminated in these countries I Canít speak for others but I will personally raise my voice against it because it is actual discrimination.

Muslims being discriminated in their own country like Ahmadiyyas or Shias or whatever is not my problem but still discrimination is discrimination so my sympathies but I guess since Muslims are united they should figure it out themselves.

Now I have a problem when Muslims( obviously a select few nuisance types) or for the matter of fact people like that from any religion or sect including my own start demanding concessions and ask for changes as it makes them uncomfortable and start beheading people or blowing up stuff, I am ok if that person is discriminated and treated like the low level garbage they are. Again this applies to any religion but you got my point.

So there you go my 2 cents why the OP might think this way about Indians.
    Good post

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Srinagar , J&k
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India comes out in support of French President Macron amid outrage across Muslim nations
    https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...064-2020-10-29

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Srinagar , J&k
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently, two candidates Scored 720/720 in the NEET (India's Medical Exam for MBBS, etc).
    One of the candidate was Muslim boy and other was a Hindu girl. Muslim boy was awarded rank 1 as the criteria for tie breaker says "the one who is older will be given all india rank (AIR) 1". Now, Yogi Adityanath is not accepting that how a Muslim boy is at Rank 1 not the other way around and has written to NTA for placing the Girl at Rank 1.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed_sofi View Post

Recently, two candidates Scored 720/720 in the NEET (India's Medical Exam for MBBS, etc).
    One of the candidate was Muslim boy and other was a Hindu girl. Muslim boy was awarded rank 1 as the criteria for tie breaker says "the one who is older will be given all india rank (AIR) 1". Now, Yogi Adityanath is not accepting that how a Muslim boy is at Rank 1 not the other way around and has written to NTA for placing the Girl at Rank 1.
    Wont be surprised if he actually gets it done.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Wont be surprised if he actually gets it done.
    Will not happen as rule effects cannot be applied retrospectively. But the rule needs to be changed for future. The tie breaker should be in favour of the younger one.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Will not happen as rule effects cannot be applied retrospectively. But the rule needs to be changed for future. The tie breaker should be in favour of the younger one.
    "Will not happen" is not a good phrase to use in India these days but lets see.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed_sofi View Post

Apparently it's the 4th attempt for the guy who got the first position (don't know the accuracy got it from the comments)

Just for that he shouldn't be getting 1st ranked in a tied position

The girl is more deserving so the laws should be replaced

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good. Then stop talking about the West like you live there; along with your bretheren.
    I don't need to live there to know that your restaurant is taglined "Indian & Pakistani Cuisine."

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need to live there to know that your restaurant is taglined "Indian & Pakistani Cuisine."
    Ziiiiiiing!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    "Will not happen" is not a good phrase to use in India these days but lets see.
    It is a good phrase if you know the laws. No loopholes here.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Apparently it's the 4th attempt for the guy who got the first position (don't know the accuracy got it from the comments)

Just for that he shouldn't be getting 1st ranked in a tied position

The girl is more deserving so the laws should be replaced
    If the law doesn't want to discriminate based on age, they can jointly declare them same rank, and adjust for those below ranks. Stupid law.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the law doesn't want to discriminate based on age, they can jointly declare them same rank, and adjust for those below ranks. Stupid law.
    Tbh with you for past couple of days I am coming across some really stupid laws from India that even an average person like me can see through the problem

I mean in any other country this would be a non issue

India needs reforms in thier laws, they really do cause I don't think they're bigoted they're just stupid which can be exploited by people

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Tbh with you for past couple of days I am coming across some really stupid laws from India that even an average person like me can see through the problem

I mean in any other country this would be a non issue

India needs reforms in thier laws, they really do cause I don't think they're bigoted they're just stupid which can be exploited by people
    The pseudo liberal indians who swear by the constitution and treat it like a religion have poor knowledge of the COI and the Indian Penal Code. It has many stupid laws and some dark ones. The fundamental rights are not really fundamental, as they can and have been amended by the state. Fundamental means that even the state cannot take away that right. People can be kept under house arrest for a year without any crime done, and it is perfectly legal. And the funny part is, that these laws were not made by the British, but by indians after the british left. Constitution of India should be used as toilet paper.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is a good phrase if you know the laws. No loopholes here.
    Who needs loopholes anymore?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    India is never going yo be a superpower, irrespective of what any one says. See, weíre not blind. We can see the practical reality. Unlike that particular poster who was claiming hoe the demise of the USA was apparent in a fee years and how Pakistan snd Turkey would take over sfter that
    Whoís this Ďweí? Because if you go back to this forum 7-8 years ago every indian on the forum was claiming India was in the cusp of being next super power. Heck these claims even came from official capacities. I think when Modi came to power he claimed India would be $5trillion by 2024? India isnít even $3tn right now and Thatís not happening even within next 10 years. So your PM is making such ridiculous claims so letís forget random posters.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Who’s this ‘we’? Because if you go back to this forum 7-8 years ago every indian on the forum was claiming India was in the cusp of being next super power. Heck these claims even came from official capacities. I think when Modi came to power he claimed India would be $5trillion by 2024? India isn’t even $3tn right now and That’s not happening even within next 10 years. So your PM is making such ridiculous claims so let’s forget random posters.
    How dare you! #GretaThunberg

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How dare you! #GretaThunberg

Lol I legit didnít know he said this today but pretty ironically. Whatís with the beard