Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 161
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,621
    Mentioned
    2334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    PML-Nís Ayaz Sadiq issues clarification regarding his remarks about Indian pilot [post#153]

    This is the level of desperation by the opposition now. Pathetic. This statement has (obviously) been picked up by Indian media and is being vehemently celebrated.

    FM claimed India would attack if Abhinandan was not released: Ayaz Sadiq

    LAHORE (Dunya News) - PML-N leader Sardar Ayaz Sadiq has claimed that Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi had said during a meeting that if Pakistan did not release Indian pilot Abhinandan, India would attack Pakistan at 9pm that night.

    Speaking to Dunya News program ďNuqta-e-NazarĒ, Ayaz Sadiq said that he tries not to make any personal attacks but when those in power refer to us as thieves or ĎModi ka yaarí, we will have to respond.

    ďThese are not serious people,Ē he said. They donít even know the rules of parliament. Answering a question, he said that he had not met with Shehbaz Sharif in the past few days, however, if there is a meeting, it is nothing to hide.

    On the statement he made earlier today in parliament, Ayaz Sadiq claimed that Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had said in an important meeting that if Indian pilot Abhinandan was not released, India would attack Pakistan that night. He claimed that the Foreign Minister had said this in a meeting between parliamentary leaders, including those of PPP and PML-N, and Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.

    Ayaz Sadiq said that the opposition has supported this government on every issue, including Kashmir and Abhinandan, but it will no longer be appropriate to provide any further support.

    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/570...sed-Ayaz-Sadiq



    FM rejects Ayaz Sadiqís statement on Kashmir

    Qureshi took exception to the stance of former National Assembly speaker and PML-leader Ayaz Sadiq and categorically denied it. He said it was an irresponsible discourse on Ayaz Sadiqís part.

    In a statement, Qureshi said the PTI government was striving to unite the nation on the Kashmir cause but unfortunately some people had started narrating the Indian mantra against it.

    ďThey are misleading people about Indian Spy Kalbhushan Jadev issue as they did on Abhinandan,Ē he deplored and said ďThe opposition is uttering this all in misconception. It is also making Abhinandun issue controversial.Ē

    He said: ďWe took the Parliament into confidence on intelligence based information wherein there was no mention of Abhinandan. The opposition should go through International Court of Justice (ICJ) verdict and Pakistanís take on it.Ē

    https://www.brecorder.com/news/40029325

    No opposition leader objected to Abhinandanís release in meeting: minister

    Ali Muhammad Khan, the minister for parliamentary affairs in Prime Minister Imran Khanís cabinet, said that the idea to release and return Indian fighter Abhinandan Varthaman was floated in a meeting and no opposition leader had objected to it.

    Abhinandan was arrested by Pakistani forces after his aircraft was shot down by Pakistan Air Force in an aerial dogfight in February 2019. He was released, however, by Pakistan as a gesture of peace.

    Abhinandanís name was heard again in the National Assembly when the opposition leaders said Wednesday that Pakistan didnít get a positive response from India in exchange for the pilotís release.

    Khawaja Asif, a member of the opposition, said they were sure that they would get a good response from India in exchange for Abhinandanís release. But, he added, India responded with revoking Kashmirís special status.

    Ayaz Sadiq, another member of the PML-N, claimed that the opposition parties were told that India would attack Pakistan if Abhinandan is not released by 9pm.

    Shah Mehmood Qureshi, the foreign minister, told SAMAA TV that the decision to release Abhinandan aimed to de-escalate tensions between Pakistan and India.

    Ali Muhammad Khan told Nadeem Malik in his programme that the idea to release Abhinandan was discussed in a meeting and Shehbaz Sharif and Asif Zardari were also there.

    According to him, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Army Chief General Qamar Bajwa also discussed the idea in the meeting.

    ďAn idea was floated that he be returned,Ē said Khan. ďZardari sahab was there, Shehbaz sahan was there but no opposition leader objected to it.Ē

    ďIf you believe, returning Abhinandan was wrong then they should have said it in the meeting.Ē

    Talal Chaudhry, a PML-N leader, told Malik that Prime Minister Imran Khan didnít attend the meeting. According to him, the opposition leaders were told that Pakistan will benefit from releasing Abhinandan in the future but there are no benefits to be seen.

    ďEither, we were wrongly briefed or itís our incompetence that we couldnít get any benefit from it,Ē said the PML-N leader.

    https://www.samaa.tv/news/2020/10/no...ting-minister/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is true then Indian should just threaten Pakistan again and take Kulbushan back? What are they waiting for?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,621
    Mentioned
    2334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It’s alarming that the opposition is willing to harm Pakistan’s national security interests for their political gain. Alarming, but not surprising.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It’s alarming that the opposition is willing to harm Pakistan’s national security interests for their political gain. Alarming, but not surprising.
    That's Trump-esque sedition. I've always maintained. Sharif is Pakistan's Trump.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Pakistan was not fearful of entering India airspace, bombing four locations, shooting down two jets, releasing videos of their pilot being slapped around and paraded like a mule, but we will be fearful of holding him


    So where is that fear gone when we have Kulbhshun locked up for years?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Par for the course for PML-N lol. Abhinandan got paraded like a mule before being handed back. If what Ayaz sadiq says was true pakistan wouldnít have humiliated him like this.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doosra banda and now this. LMAO.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,737
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why hasnt this man been arrested yet? These are not harmless statements.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's also the little fact that only a crow and four trees were harmed in the bombing but Pak Army had that place locked up for 45 days *****.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,562
    Mentioned
    6835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Par for the course for PML-N lol. Abhinandan got paraded like a mule before being handed back. If what Ayaz sadiq says was true pakistan wouldnít have humiliated him like this.
    How was he paraded like a mule? He was treated with respect and dignity.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    How was he paraded like a mule? He was treated with respect and dignity.
    I actually donít think he was. When he was shot the locals beat him up before the army rescued him so that was good. But then the whole Ďtea is fastasticí video while hilarious was very disrespectful to him. I am pretty sure he didnít know that it would be released to the world and him be made butt of jokes. And even before just handing him over; he was made to record a statement praising his treatment just to rub it in. Within 2 days, three separate videos of him came out for a subsequent meme-fest. People say he was treated with respect but Iíve not really bought that. Though I guess credit has to be given that he wasnít (as far as we know) tortured in custody which is great.


    #MPGA

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    There's also the little fact that only a crow and four trees were harmed in the bombing but Pak Army had that place locked up for 45 days *****.
    Head. Sand...

    Pakistan army also doctored satellite imagery from third parties? I guess you also believe that an F-16 was shot down? in that case pakistan paid off foreign agencies and analysts and also manufactured an F-16 out of thin air so the F-16 count doesnít change.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,562
    Mentioned
    6835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I actually donít think he was. When he was shot the locals beat him up before the army rescued him so that was good. But then the whole Ďtea is fastasticí video while hilarious was very disrespectful to him. I am pretty sure he didnít know that it would be released to the world and him be made butt of jokes. And even before just handing him over; he was made to record a statement praising his treatment just to rub it in. Within 2 days, three separate videos of him came out for a subsequent meme-fest. People say he was treated with respect but Iíve not really bought that. Though I guess credit has to be given that he wasnít (as far as we know) tortured in custody which is great.
    The whole chai joke which got lame fast had nothing to do with the military though. It is not like they knew how heíd respond and how it would blow up among the public.

    In my opinion, he was treated with as much dignity as possible under those circumstances. There is a reason why the Indian media did not air any interviews with him after he went back.

    He probably didnít give them what they wanted to hear.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,606
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It’s alarming that the opposition is willing to harm Pakistan’s national security interests for their political gain. Alarming, but not surprising.
    I mean, the entire NS time was an example of this. He clearly has conflict of interests with respect to his personal interests and Pakistan's interests. He has business interests in India which is a huge conflict of interest.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,606
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    There's also the little fact that only a crow and four trees were harmed in the bombing but Pak Army had that place locked up for 45 days *****.
    You mean to say the satellite images coming out of Western media showing no damage to the structure never happened?
    Last edited by ahsan17; 29th October 2020 at 12:53.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bigly LOL at western satellite images. I mean, how kind of the Pak military to let those grainy images explain their claims of a dead crow and four fallen trees instead of taking their choice journos straight to the site and have them take HD images and videos the morning after. It all makes sense once you start thinking like them hybrid warfare experts in pindi.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Bigly LOL at western satellite images. I mean, how kind of the Pak military to let those grainy images explain their claims of a dead crow and four fallen trees instead of taking their choice journos straight to the site and have them take HD images and videos the morning after. It all makes sense once you start thinking like them hybrid warfare experts in pindi.
    Head. Sand.. as I said probably you also believe an F-16 was shot down. Says enough about you tho lmao

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Head. Sand.. as I said probably you also believe an F-16 was shot down. Says enough about you tho lmao
    I mean, I haven't even posted the videos of Imran and that meme DGISPR fellow talking about 3 pilots in captivity. LOL.

    Head. Far. Up. The. Butt.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    20,638
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The only good thing that came of this incident is that it forcibly disposed of 1 MiG-21.

    Hurrah! Just another 53 to go.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,269
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Itís alarming that the opposition is willing to harm Pakistanís national security interests for their political gain. Alarming, but not surprising.
    If Ayaz Sadiq gets away with this as just another political statement , after making a complete mockery of Pakistan on such sensitive issues , and people still vote for these guys then whatís left to say.

    Letís assume for a minute even if itís true what heís said, Is there no law in Pakistan to protect confidentiality on matters of national security ?

    Or is it the fact that they will simply use the Ďpolitical victimisationí card and so they get away with anything and everything?
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 29th October 2020 at 13:21.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,562
    Mentioned
    6835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    I mean, I haven't even posted the videos of Imran and that meme DGISPR fellow talking about 3 pilots in captivity. LOL.

    Head. Far. Up. The. Butt.
    Regardless of what my general views are, and notwithstanding the fact that India have had the upper hand by far in the past, there is no doubt that in this particular instance, India botched big time.

    The Balakot mission proved to be a failure and IAF was caught off-guard the following morning because they didnít expect an immediate response by PAF.

    IAF claimed to have shot down an F-16 but they have not provided a shred of evidence. Not only did the fail to down any PAF jet, they shot their own helicopter.

    There are holes in Pakistanís story as well. We initially claimed to have shot down 2 jets but back-tracked, and we also blatantly lied about not using F-16s.

    However, overall, it would be futile to deny that Pakistan didnít triumph in this instance.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    If Ayaz Sadiq gets away with this as just another political statement , after making a complete mockery of Pakistan on such sensitive issues , and people still vote for these guys then what’s left to say.

    Let’s assume for a minute even if it’s true what he’s said, Is there no law in Pakistan to protect confidentiality on matters of national security ?

    Or is it the fact that they will simply use the ‘political victimisation’ card and so they get away with anything and everything?
    He made those statements on the floor of the legislative assembly which means he is protected by parliamentary privilege. I am saying this on assumption that Pakistan broadly follows the westminster model. Not even the official secrets act can stop him from speaking in the house. On the other hand, the meeting he attended where bajwa and quraishi briefed Ayaz along with other opposition must have minutes recorded. So he can be crosschecked apart from the bits about Bajwa's maathe pe paseena and kaamp te huay legs lol

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    103
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So Pakistan was not fearful of entering India airspace, bombing four locations, shooting down two jets, releasing videos of their pilot being slapped around and paraded like a mule, but we will be fearful of holding him


    So where is that fear gone when we have Kulbhshun locked up for years?
    You missed to add that while they are going back, they also shot down dynamic duo of Super Man - Iron Man, captured 5 alien mother ships and almost conquered Mars. Remember, when you are writing fiction, you are only constrained by your imagination .

    None the less, damage is done, and no amount of chest thumping (on this forum, or any other forum) is going to reverse it. Next year when Pakistan IT cells will post 'chai' meme, then India IT cell will counter with this video. Facts mean nothing as no one knows the facts. It's all about narrative.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Regardless of what my general views are, and notwithstanding the fact that India have had the upper hand by far in the past, there is no doubt that in this particular instance, India botched big time.

    The Balakot mission proved to be a failure and IAF was caught off-guard the following morning because they didn’t expect an immediate response by PAF.

    IAF claimed to have shot down an F-16 but they have not provided a shred of evidence. Not only did the fail to down any PAF jet, they shot their own helicopter.

    There are holes in Pakistan’s story as well. We initially claimed to have shot down 2 jets but back-tracked, and we also blatantly lied about not using F-16s.

    However, overall, it would be futile to deny that Pakistan didn’t triumph in this instance.
    By all means feel free to feel victorious. You won't hear me challenge that. I am only questioning the specific claims that were made by your PM and the DGISPR that have till date not been answered....not even an unsatisfactory reply.

    1) Three pilots in captivity. What happened to the other two?
    2) If it was just the crow and 4 fallen trees, why did the military seal that place for a full 45 days?

    And now this brave gentleman who has just affirmed Indian claim that it was utter fear and not a goodwill gesture that made imran khan release Abhi.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,472
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no he's got a point.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    323
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has just handed ammunition to the Indian social media warriors. Sambit Patra already onto it I see

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    13,824
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when you corner a rat.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    30,716
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan vindicated once and for all. PML-N showing they will sell their dignity like £1 fish man in a London market stall.

    A more beghairat collection you couldn't put together if you tried.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    13,743
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Imran Khan vindicated once and for all. PML-N showing they will sell their dignity like £1 fish man in a London market stall.

    A more beghairat collection you couldn't put together if you tried.
    Even if it was true, he shouldn't have said it. These beghairats are useful for us indians, but no respect for someone who goes against the interest of his country.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    88,562
    Mentioned
    6835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    By all means feel free to feel victorious. You won't hear me challenge that. I am only questioning the specific claims that were made by your PM and the DGISPR that have till date not been answered....not even an unsatisfactory reply.

    1) Three pilots in captivity. What happened to the other two?
    2) If it was just the crow and 4 fallen trees, why did the military seal that place for a full 45 days?

    And now this brave gentleman who has just affirmed Indian claim that it was utter fear and not a goodwill gesture that made imran khan release Abhi.
    1) that is a plot-hole in our narrative and I mentioned it in my previous post.

    2) if we consider it a plot-hole, it is still a minor one compared to the fact that India have failed to provide a shred of evidence that they actually managed to hit any targets and kill terrorists.

    So if you think India failing to provide any evidence that they hit the targets is more convincing than Pakistan blocking public access for 45 days, it is your call.

    Besides, this is the first time Iíve heard about the 45 days stuff. However, I will take your word for it and assume that you have credible sources because you donít like a propagandist to me.

    Indiaís failure to literally provide zero evidence that (a) they managed to hit their targets and kill terrorists and (b) they shot an F-16 is sufficient evidence that India goofed up.

    The public will never truly find out what really transpired. However, at the end of the day, India had nothing tangible to show for (apart from shooting its own heli) while Pakistan had Abhinandan to gloat over.

    Hence, any rational and logical individual would draw the conclusion that Pakistan had the upper hand in this skirmish.

    As far as this ďbrave gentlemanĒ is concerned, he is engaging in political point-scoring. In Pakistan, politics take precedence over national interests. If this ďbrave gentlemanĒ was in government, he would have never made this statements.

    PTI supporters will criticize him but PTI is no different. When Imran Khan was in the opposition and PMLN had the military backing, Imran Khan publicly called Pakistan army a bull in china shop and accused them of extra-judicial killings.

    However, now that he has the backing of the army, he has changed his stance and cannot stop singing praises of Pakistan army.

    This ďbrave gentlemanĒ will take no time in changing his tune if the military deserts PTI and starts backing his party.

    In Pakistan politics, the formula is simple. Since the military is the central power and calls the shots, any party that has their backing will praise them and any party that does not have their backing will criticize them.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,621
    Mentioned
    2334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah, right.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Nooras are just desperate to blackmail everything and everyone in their even more desperate to get a deal from the army. I hope Bajwa sticks a big boot up the **** of these traitors. I said a few weeks ago that army can never trust the nations secrets to either the Nooras and PPP because they have a criminal mind and these events have proved me right. Its time Maryams bail was ended and she serves her full sentence and then all the cases are proceeded with quickly and assets are stripped.
    Last edited by The Viper; 29th October 2020 at 19:16.

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    12,837
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a disgusting individual!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIC_FANtastic View Post
    You missed to add that while they are going back, they also shot down dynamic duo of Super Man - Iron Man, captured 5 alien mother ships and almost conquered Mars. Remember, when you are writing fiction, you are only constrained by your imagination .

    None the less, damage is done, and no amount of chest thumping (on this forum, or any other forum) is going to reverse it. Next year when Pakistan IT cells will post 'chai' meme, then India IT cell will counter with this video. Facts mean nothing as no one knows the facts. It's all about narrative.
    So you are denying your locations were bombed and jets were shot down? I guess Abhinandan was just out for a stroll and got picked up by Pak Army


    Mein inko rolaonga

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    10,954
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how many examples do we need that these blackmailers can stoop to any level just to embarrass government. I remember that International media for the first time totally appreciated Pakistani stance and even if they discussed whether we should handover Abhinandan to deescalate then that shows they were serious about peace. How is it their weakness? Cheap losers in opposition are extremely desperate and this is latest example.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let the Nooras and all traitors do their best, it may cause some temporary embarrassment when they reveal bits of information and mostly it will be forgotten within a few weeks but what will never be forgotten is the betrayal of PK by these haraamis. There is politics and then there is treachery and this is treachery.
    I had a distant uncle on the phone from PK last week and he said NS narrative against army was right, I said if this is how you feel that way dont ever call me again. Politicians come and go, IA PK is here forever and without crooked leaders willing to sell the country for a pot of gold

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I said this a while ago. The pilot's capture was similar to Somalis getting the balck hawk and capturing a pilot. After that, we all knew what the end result would be. No matter what the rhetoric is, there is always a world order that needs to be followed for one's safety.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I said this a while ago. The pilot's capture was similar to Somalis getting the balck hawk and capturing a pilot. After that, we all knew what the end result would be. No matter what the rhetoric is, there is always a world order that needs to be followed for one's safety.
    Lol so India is US and Pakistan is Somalia?



    Look at the delusions of these Hindutvas

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lol so India is US and Pakistan is Somalia?



    Look at the delusions of these Hindutvas
    No and No. India is powerful compared to Pakistan militarily. So Pakistan will negotiate unlike those somali brutes.

    My comparison was because downing a jet doesn't mean winning a war. Even somalis could down a US copter.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I said this a while ago. The pilot's capture was similar to Somalis getting the balck hawk and capturing a pilot. After that, we all knew what the end result would be. No matter what the rhetoric is, there is always a world order that needs to be followed for one's safety.
    What would you have done, attack us, and we would have just taken it. Lol
    The fact is that neither Ind or PK will survive a full scale war between the 2. If you believe otherwise then you live in lala land.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    What would you have done, attack us, and we would have just taken it. Lol
    The fact is that neither Ind or PK will survive a full scale war between the 2. If you believe otherwise then you live in lala land.
    The red lines were already crossed when India entered Pak airspace. India called the nuclear bluff. It would have been a limited engagement war like in Kargil.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    141,547
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar, director general of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), on Thursday termed as "disappointing" and "misleading" any attempt to link the release of Indian pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman with anything other than Pakistan's mature response as a responsible state.

    Although the chief of the military's media wing did not name anyone, his statement comes a day after former National Assembly speaker and senior PML-N leader Sardar Ayaz Sadiq suggested that the PTI government had released Abhinandan in capitulation, fearing an imminent attack from India.

    After his comments sparked a social media storm, Sadiq on Thursday issued a clarification, saying his remarks were being "misquoted and misreported".

    Addressing a press conference with a one-point agenda, the DG ISPR said he sought to "correct the record" regarding the events that surrounded India's violation of Pakistani airspace last year in February.

    "A statement was given yesterday which tried to distort the history of issues associated with national security," he said.

    The DG ISPR said following the attack on Indian troops in occupied Kashmir's Pulwama area, India "showed aggression against Pakistan in violation of all international laws on February 26, 2019, in which not only did it face defeat but was humiliated around the world".

    "Pakistani armed forces' alert and timely response foiled the enemy's designs. The enemy planes that had come to drop the explosives on the Pakistani people escaped while dropping their payload on empty mountains in panic after seeing our Shaheens."

    He said the Pakistani forces "decided to teach the enemy a lesson in response" to the attack and country's entire civil and military leadership was united in the decision.

    "Pakistan responded to India in broad daylight after announcing it. Not only did we give an appropriate reply, but also shot down two enemy war planes [and] Wing Commander Abhinandan was captured.

    Timeline: Events leading up to the Feb 2019 Pak-India aerial combat

    "During these actions, the enemy became so frightened that it shot down its own helicopter and troops in a state of panic. [...] This victory not only exposed India's hollow claims of power before the world but made the entire Pakistani nation proud," he said.

    The ISPR chief said Pakistan's victory was "not only acknowledged by the world" but the Indian leadership had attributed their forces' failure to the absence of Rafale fighter jets.

    "Being a responsible state, the Government of Pakistan in order to give peace another chance decided to release Indian prisoner of war Wing Commander Abhinandan," he added, emphasising that this decision, which was in line with the Geneva Convention, was praised the world over.

    "I want to make it clear once again for the sake of record that Pakistan first showed its capability and resolve and this decision was taken keeping in view all warfare options from a position of strength. Pakistan's leadership and the armed forces were fully prepared to deal with any situation.

    "We gave them a bloody nose and it is still hurting," he said while referring to Pakistan's response to India's violation of its airspace.

    "It is extremely disappointing and misleading to link Wing Commander Abhinandan's release with anything other than a responsible state's mature response.

    "This is in fact equivalent to making controversial the Pakistani nation's clear supremacy and victory over India, and I think this is not acceptable to any Pakistani."

    Maj Gen Iftikhar said such "negative narrative directly affects national security and the enemy is taking thorough advantage of these things in the information domain and you all can see a glimpse of this in the Indian media".

    "This same narrative is being used to minimise India's defeat and loss," he continued. "In these conditions, when enemy forces have imposed a hybrid war on Pakistan, we will all have to move forward with great responsibility."

    He said the Pakistan Army "is keeping a close eye on the regional security situation and is not only aware of internal and external threats but is also ready to counter all kinds of challenges".

    "With the nation's help, we will foil every conspiracy against Pakistan and give proportionate response to any aggression," he added.

    Asked by a journalist to give his take on some "recent statements which could create a rift between the armed forces' leadership and soldiers", the DG ISPR said: "The armed forces are an organised institution and its leadership and rank and file cannot be separated.

    "No difference can be created between the leadership and rank and file of the armed forces. There is a unity and it will remain."

    'No attack was imminent'
    Abhinandan was captured in February 2019 after his plane was shot down by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) after it violated Pakistani airspace in a serious escalation of hostilities between India and Pakistan.

    A day after his capture, Prime Minister Imran Khan had announced that the pilot would be released as a "gesture of peace" to India.

    On Wednesday, former speaker Sadiq claimed on the floor of the National Assembly that the government had 'pleaded' to parliamentary leaders to let Abhinandan be freed.

    "I remember [Foreign Minister] Shah Mahmood Qureshi sahib was present in that meeting, which the prime minister had refused to attend. The chief of army staff also attended," Sadiq had said while responding to federal minister Murad Saeed.

    "With his legs shaking and sweat on the forehead, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said to us, 'For God's sake, let him (Abhinandan) go back now'," he had claimed, adding "no attack was imminent; they only wanted to capitulate and send Abhinandan back".

    As his comments went viral on social media and were picked up by Indian television channels, Sadiq issued a clarification on Thursday, saying the tweets and Indian media reports were "totally contrary" to what he actually said in the parliament.

    "Abhinandan had not come to Pakistan to distribute sweets; he had attacked Pakistan and it was a victory for Pakistan when his plane was shot down," he said in a video message.

    Sadiq said Prime Minister Imran had called a meeting of parliamentary leaders on the issue but "could not dare" to attend the meeting because he was very anxious. "He did not share with us on whose instruction he was doing this and what pressure he was under because he did not attend the meeting," he alleged.

    Sadiq said upon Qureshi's request, the civil leadership decided to release the Indian pilot for the sake of "national interest".

    "We did not agree with the decision. There was no rush to return Abhinandan; you could have waited a little. But it was done in the national interest. But Imran Khan's decision betrayed weakness of the civil leadership."

    Qureshi slams 'irresponsible statements'
    Reacting to Sadiq's comments, Foreign Minister Qureshi said the PML-N leader's statement was "contrary to the reality".

    "I did not expect Ayaz Sadiq to say such a thing," he said, adding that the parliament had been taken into confidence over the intelligence information received regarding tensions with India. This information did not involve Abhinandan, Qureshi said.

    "Such irresponsible statements are being given only to gain political mileage," he said, accusing the opposition of "misleading" the nation regarding Abhinandan and Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav.

    "We don't want to give India a chance to take Pakistan to the International Court of Justice again," he added.

    Qureshi said no Pakistani would be willing to "bargain" on the issue of Kashmir. "We unify the nation on Kashmir and they try to peddle India's narrative," he added, referring to the opposition.

    "An attempt is being made to make the issue of Abhinandan controversial for no reason."

    'Pakistan wants peace in the region'
    At a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri reiterated that Pakistan had released Abhinandan as a gesture of peace and ruled out any pressure in this regard, Radio Pakistan reported.

    "Pakistan wants peace and stability in the region and release of [the] Indian pilot manifests this resolve," he said in response to a question.

    Chaudhry, however, emphasised that Pakistan was fully prepared and capable to take "firm action against any misadventure" by any country.

    He said Pakistan's successful downing of Indian planes last year reflected the level of preparedness of its armed forces against any external threat directed at the country.

    With additional reporting by Amir Wasim in Islamabad.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1587624/mi...sponse-dg-ispr


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    141,547
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar, director general of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), on Thursday termed as "disappointing" and "misleading" any attempt to link the release of Indian pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman with anything other than Pakistan's mature response as a responsible state.

    Although the chief of the military's media wing did not name anyone, his statement comes a day after former National Assembly speaker and senior PML-N leader Sardar Ayaz Sadiq suggested that the PTI government had released Abhinandan in capitulation, fearing an imminent attack from India.

    After his comments sparked a social media storm, Sadiq on Thursday issued a clarification, saying his remarks were being "misquoted and misreported".

    Addressing a press conference with a one-point agenda, the DG ISPR said he sought to "correct the record" regarding the events that surrounded India's violation of Pakistani airspace last year in February.

    "A statement was given yesterday which tried to distort the history of issues associated with national security," he said.

    The DG ISPR said following the attack on Indian troops in occupied Kashmir's Pulwama area, India "showed aggression against Pakistan in violation of all international laws on February 26, 2019, in which not only did it face defeat but was humiliated around the world".

    "Pakistani armed forces' alert and timely response foiled the enemy's designs. The enemy planes that had come to drop the explosives on the Pakistani people escaped while dropping their payload on empty mountains in panic after seeing our Shaheens."

    He said the Pakistani forces "decided to teach the enemy a lesson in response" to the attack and country's entire civil and military leadership was united in the decision.

    "Pakistan responded to India in broad daylight after announcing it. Not only did we give an appropriate reply, but also shot down two enemy war planes [and] Wing Commander Abhinandan was captured.

    Timeline: Events leading up to the Feb 2019 Pak-India aerial combat

    "During these actions, the enemy became so frightened that it shot down its own helicopter and troops in a state of panic. [...] This victory not only exposed India's hollow claims of power before the world but made the entire Pakistani nation proud," he said.

    The ISPR chief said Pakistan's victory was "not only acknowledged by the world" but the Indian leadership had attributed their forces' failure to the absence of Rafale fighter jets.

    "Being a responsible state, the Government of Pakistan in order to give peace another chance decided to release Indian prisoner of war Wing Commander Abhinandan," he added, emphasising that this decision, which was in line with the Geneva Convention, was praised the world over.

    "I want to make it clear once again for the sake of record that Pakistan first showed its capability and resolve and this decision was taken keeping in view all warfare options from a position of strength. Pakistan's leadership and the armed forces were fully prepared to deal with any situation.

    "We gave them a bloody nose and it is still hurting," he said while referring to Pakistan's response to India's violation of its airspace.

    "It is extremely disappointing and misleading to link Wing Commander Abhinandan's release with anything other than a responsible state's mature response.

    "This is in fact equivalent to making controversial the Pakistani nation's clear supremacy and victory over India, and I think this is not acceptable to any Pakistani."

    Maj Gen Iftikhar said such "negative narrative directly affects national security and the enemy is taking thorough advantage of these things in the information domain and you all can see a glimpse of this in the Indian media".

    "This same narrative is being used to minimise India's defeat and loss," he continued. "In these conditions, when enemy forces have imposed a hybrid war on Pakistan, we will all have to move forward with great responsibility."

    He said the Pakistan Army "is keeping a close eye on the regional security situation and is not only aware of internal and external threats but is also ready to counter all kinds of challenges".

    "With the nation's help, we will foil every conspiracy against Pakistan and give proportionate response to any aggression," he added.

    Asked by a journalist to give his take on some "recent statements which could create a rift between the armed forces' leadership and soldiers", the DG ISPR said: "The armed forces are an organised institution and its leadership and rank and file cannot be separated.

    "No difference can be created between the leadership and rank and file of the armed forces. There is a unity and it will remain."

    'No attack was imminent'
    Abhinandan was captured in February 2019 after his plane was shot down by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) after it violated Pakistani airspace in a serious escalation of hostilities between India and Pakistan.

    A day after his capture, Prime Minister Imran Khan had announced that the pilot would be released as a "gesture of peace" to India.

    On Wednesday, former speaker Sadiq claimed on the floor of the National Assembly that the government had 'pleaded' to parliamentary leaders to let Abhinandan be freed.

    "I remember [Foreign Minister] Shah Mahmood Qureshi sahib was present in that meeting, which the prime minister had refused to attend. The chief of army staff also attended," Sadiq had said while responding to federal minister Murad Saeed.

    "With his legs shaking and sweat on the forehead, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said to us, 'For God's sake, let him (Abhinandan) go back now'," he had claimed, adding "no attack was imminent; they only wanted to capitulate and send Abhinandan back".

    As his comments went viral on social media and were picked up by Indian television channels, Sadiq issued a clarification on Thursday, saying the tweets and Indian media reports were "totally contrary" to what he actually said in the parliament.

    "Abhinandan had not come to Pakistan to distribute sweets; he had attacked Pakistan and it was a victory for Pakistan when his plane was shot down," he said in a video message.

    Sadiq said Prime Minister Imran had called a meeting of parliamentary leaders on the issue but "could not dare" to attend the meeting because he was very anxious. "He did not share with us on whose instruction he was doing this and what pressure he was under because he did not attend the meeting," he alleged.

    Sadiq said upon Qureshi's request, the civil leadership decided to release the Indian pilot for the sake of "national interest".

    "We did not agree with the decision. There was no rush to return Abhinandan; you could have waited a little. But it was done in the national interest. But Imran Khan's decision betrayed weakness of the civil leadership."

    Qureshi slams 'irresponsible statements'
    Reacting to Sadiq's comments, Foreign Minister Qureshi said the PML-N leader's statement was "contrary to the reality".

    "I did not expect Ayaz Sadiq to say such a thing," he said, adding that the parliament had been taken into confidence over the intelligence information received regarding tensions with India. This information did not involve Abhinandan, Qureshi said.

    "Such irresponsible statements are being given only to gain political mileage," he said, accusing the opposition of "misleading" the nation regarding Abhinandan and Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav.

    "We don't want to give India a chance to take Pakistan to the International Court of Justice again," he added.

    Qureshi said no Pakistani would be willing to "bargain" on the issue of Kashmir. "We unify the nation on Kashmir and they try to peddle India's narrative," he added, referring to the opposition.

    "An attempt is being made to make the issue of Abhinandan controversial for no reason."

    'Pakistan wants peace in the region'
    At a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri reiterated that Pakistan had released Abhinandan as a gesture of peace and ruled out any pressure in this regard, Radio Pakistan reported.

    "Pakistan wants peace and stability in the region and release of [the] Indian pilot manifests this resolve," he said in response to a question.

    Chaudhry, however, emphasised that Pakistan was fully prepared and capable to take "firm action against any misadventure" by any country.

    He said Pakistan's successful downing of Indian planes last year reflected the level of preparedness of its armed forces against any external threat directed at the country.

    With additional reporting by Amir Wasim in Islamabad.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1587624/mi...sponse-dg-ispr


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    5,405
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh man this thread has some real potential, Indian fiction writers wet dream.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    The red lines were already crossed when India entered Pak airspace. India called the nuclear bluff. It would have been a limited engagement war like in Kargil.
    No it wouldn't have. We gave Ind a bloody nose and if attacked again we would have hit back just as hard. If either side fears losing face, the Nuclear option is available. One miscalculation by either side will be the last miscalculation by both sides

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    No it wouldn't have. We gave Ind a bloody nose and if attacked again we would have hit back just as hard. If either side fears losing face, the Nuclear option is available. One miscalculation by either side will be the last miscalculation by both sides
    Nuclear weapons were available during Kargil as well. I dont think it's that easy as you claim. Pakistan has agreed that India encroached their airspace. That was actually a threshold for nuclear war as per earlier claims. Yes, you embarrassed India with the pilot capture but at that time Pakistan's economy was in shambles and they couldn't afford a war irrespective of the scale. There was no miscalculation on either side. Modi did what nobody thought could be done and he won the election just because of that. As far as India is concerned, they achieved their objectives. Pak was embarrassed that Indian jets entered their space and bombed. They did the same later and returned the pilot thereby giving them the moral victory. This made the people happy as they forgot about the encroachment. Both sides won and it was very calculative. The nuclear threshold policy though was debunked.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Nuclear weapons were available during Kargil as well. I dont think it's that easy as you claim. Pakistan has agreed that India encroached their airspace. That was actually a threshold for nuclear war as per earlier claims. Yes, you embarrassed India with the pilot capture but at that time Pakistan's economy was in shambles and they couldn't afford a war irrespective of the scale. There was no miscalculation on either side. Modi did what nobody thought could be done and he won the election just because of that. As far as India is concerned, they achieved their objectives. Pak was embarrassed that Indian jets entered their space and bombed. They did the same later and returned the pilot thereby giving them the moral victory. This made the people happy as they forgot about the encroachment. Both sides won and it was very calculative. The nuclear threshold policy though was debunked.
    If either side is losing they will use them. The threshold is whatever you want to make it and if either side feels threatened with obliteration they won't hesitate.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,420
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PMLN leader is just telling us what most in the indian ruling and diplomat class have known for a year. The threat of a mini-invasion was conveyed immediately to Imran Khan from the indian side.

    It's nice to hear confirmation from the Pakistani side about this. Lol at some of the posters here who think he's simply conjured a lie out of this thin air.


    John 3:16

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    The PMLN leader is just telling us what most in the indian ruling and diplomat class have known for a year. The threat of a mini-invasion was conveyed immediately to Imran Khan from the indian side.

    It's nice to hear confirmation from the Pakistani side about this. Lol at some of the posters here who think he's simply conjured a lie out of this thin air.
    And you think the attempted invasion would have gone without an answer. Our army is battled hardened, your solider were beaten to death by the Chinese with sticks. If you are so confident, maybe you should have tried your luck.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    141,547
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    The PMLN leader is just telling us what most in the indian ruling and diplomat class have known for a year. The threat of a mini-invasion was conveyed immediately to Imran Khan from the indian side.

    It's nice to hear confirmation from the Pakistani side about this. Lol at some of the posters here who think he's simply conjured a lie out of this thin air.
    Think its down to what you want to hear.

    The Indian pilot was returned as a gesture of goodwill - something Modi and his followers cannot understand.

    Instead of being grateful that a nasty situation caused by the idiocy and miscalculation of some military geniuses on the Indian side was resolved, it seems that some are intent on making this look like some sort of victory.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,498
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think its down to what you want to hear.

    The Indian pilot was returned as a gesture of goodwill - something Modi and his followers cannot understand.

    Instead of being grateful that a nasty situation caused by the idiocy and miscalculation of some military geniuses on the Indian side was resolved, it seems that some are intent on making this look like some sort of victory.
    There was no goodwill gesture. There was enough pressure on pakistan diplomatically.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    There was no goodwill gesture. There was enough pressure on pakistan diplomatically.
    Where is this pressure when it comes to Kulbhshun?

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Where is this pressure when it comes to Kulbhshun?
    I would like to know this as well. If pressure is all it takes then apply a bit more pressure and take Kulbsuhan out too.

    @ topic , Pakistan let Abhinadan go as there is really no point of holding a prisoner of war after a limited skirmish. Didn't India also release the PLA solider they captured and vice versa? Even in the ongoing Azeri/Armenia war, the prisoners get exchanged during ceasefires.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,498
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I would like to know this as well. If pressure is all it takes then apply a bit more pressure and take Kulbsuhan out too.

    @ topic , Pakistan let Abhinadan go as there is really no point of holding a prisoner of war after a limited skirmish. Didn't India also release the PLA solider they captured and vice versa? Even in the ongoing Azeri/Armenia war, the prisoners get exchanged during ceasefires.
    Kulbhushan isn't a active military personnel captured during war. Lots of difference.

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    The PMLN leader is just telling us what most in the indian ruling and diplomat class have known for a year. The threat of a mini-invasion was conveyed immediately to Imran Khan from the indian side.

    It's nice to hear confirmation from the Pakistani side about this. Lol at some of the posters here who think he's simply conjured a lie out of this thin air.
    The Indian army released the PLA solider they captured in a matter of days. Did they do it out of fear? No one keeps prisoners unless there is a full blown war and even then exchanges are made.

    If threats of attacks is all it takes then threaten another one and take Kulbushan as well.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,404
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Those who are still supporting PML N should think carefully what Nawaz & Co. are trying to achieve with this nonsense. Musharraf was right, it was Nawaz Sharif because of him Pakistan army had to withdraw during Kargil war. Now this man is trying to please India with this irresponsible statement. Of course he is purposefully doing this just to humiliate Pakistan.


    Rlaely it desonít mttaer waht I wirte youíll sitll uanrtednsnd it

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Kulbhushan isn't a active military personnel captured during war. Lots of difference.
    You just proved my point. It is a norm to release Pows captured during a war especially if it is a limited one . Abhinandan was just a frontline solider, he had no use for Pakistan. What would be the use of keeping him? would just make Pakistan look bad. So Pakistan let him go , it wasn't out of fear, it was in a way a PR move and it also followed the norms. If Pakistan "feared" India they wouldn't be keeping Kulbushan or interfering in Kashmir
    Last edited by El Generico; 29th October 2020 at 21:41.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,420
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    And you think the attempted invasion would have gone without an answer. Our army is battled hardened, your solider were beaten to death by the Chinese with sticks. If you are so confident, maybe you should have tried your luck.
    It doesn't matter whether they're battle hardened or not. Given Pakistan's track record in fighting wars in the last 70 years, I can understand why Imran was hesitant.


    John 3:16

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    You just proved my point. It is a norm to release Pows captured during a war especially if it is a limited one . Abhinandan was just a frontline solider, he had no use for Pakistan. What would be the use of keeping him? would just make Pakistan look bad. So Pakistan let him go , it wasn't out of fear, it was in a way a PR move and it also followed the norms. If Pakistan "feared" India they wouldn't be keeping Kulbushan or interfering in Kashmir
    Yeah Pakistan wouldn't fear entering into Indian airspace in broad daylight but would fear keeping a downed pilot lmaooooo

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,420
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    The Indian army released the PLA solider they captured in a matter of days. Did they do it out of fear? No one keeps prisoners unless there is a full blown war and even then exchanges are made.

    If threats of attacks is all it takes then threaten another one and take Kulbushan as well.

    Just to be clear, what is everyone complaining about wrt the PMLN leader. Is he -

    a) outright lying and no such party meeting took place.
    OR
    b) party meeting happened as he said but he shouldn't have revealed it publicly in parliament?

    Is it b) ?


    John 3:16

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Just to be clear, what is everyone complaining about wrt the PMLN leader. Is he -

    a) outright lying and no such party meeting took place.
    OR
    b) party meeting happened as he said but he shouldn't have revealed it publicly in parliament?

    Is it b) ?
    Itís c) a meeting happened for matters of transparency and he is misrepresenting what happened in the meeting.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    20,230
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    It doesn't matter whether they're battle hardened or not. Given Pakistan's track record in fighting wars in the last 70 years, I can understand why Imran was hesitant.
    Our track record is fine, you should worry about yours. China and Ind are the same size, tell me what happened.lol

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,420
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Itís c) a meeting happened for matters of transparency and he is misrepresenting what happened in the meeting.
    The PMLN leader said the foreign minister mentioned a pending 9 PM attack from India. That is a very specific statement he made .. and you think that is completely fabricated when he said that in parliament? Come on. They are not that childish.


    John 3:16

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,498
    Mentioned
    1825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    You just proved my point. It is a norm to release Pows captured during a war especially if it is a limited one . Abhinandan was just a frontline solider, he had no use for Pakistan. What would be the use of keeping him? would just make Pakistan look bad. So Pakistan let him go , it wasn't out of fear, it was in a way a PR move and it also followed the norms. If Pakistan "feared" India they wouldn't be keeping Kulbushan or interfering in Kashmir
    Pakistan had kept POWs in past. Released them very late. This time they had lot of diplomatic pressure plus the risk of initiating a full fledged war.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On the flip side it is India who were fearful of a full scaled war if they avenged downing of their jets and capture of pilot.

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Pakistan had kept POWs in past. Released them very late. This time they had lot of diplomatic pressure plus the risk of initiating a full fledged war.
    I am assuming those prisoners were multiple and from a full fledged war. Those donít get released right away usually.

    Pakistan and pretty much no country would hold a single prisoner from a limited skirmish for too long. Itís pointless and bad PR. Didnít Indian release the PLA solider in a short time and same was true for the other side.

  69. #69
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,606
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Bigly LOL at western satellite images. I mean, how kind of the Pak military to let those grainy images explain their claims of a dead crow and four fallen trees instead of taking their choice journos straight to the site and have them take HD images and videos the morning after. It all makes sense once you start thinking like them hybrid warfare experts in pindi.
    What are you even talking about? Are you intentionally being obtuse? The satellite images were clear that the compound wasn't touched. Could they have taken people next day to the compound? Yes. It still doesn't change the fact that the satellite images are smoking gun evidence.

    Let me put in more simple terms. There are two simple ways (among other ways) to prove someone committed a crime. Video evidence of them committing a crime and them admitting to it. If one of them is provided, you don't need the other. That's what's going on here.

    Now, you can choose to believe whatever you want. But do keep in mind rest of the world is not as obtuse and sees the satellite images as smoking gun evidence

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody takes this Ayaz Sadiq seriously inside his own house.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I am assuming those prisoners were multiple and from a full fledged war. Those don’t get released right away usually.

    Pakistan and pretty much no country would hold a single prisoner from a limited skirmish for too long. It’s pointless and bad PR. Didn’t Indian release the PLA solider in a short time and same was true for the other side.
    It's funny how the actuall soldiers whose job is to do damage get released early but the poor fisherman who didn't do anything wait for years to get released smh

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,472
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make no mistake, Pakistan came out with a clear upper hand in that mini skirmish in pretty much every way. IAF not hitting any targets, Catching them by surprise the next day, downing a jet, capturing the pilot and then releasing him....


    But they could have quite easily nailed it home had they taken a few journalists to the site a bit quicker than 45 days later and by not doing the whole "3-2-1" or the "doosra banda" thing.

    In this day and age of so called "5th gen" warfare, every little chink will be picked up and will be extrapolated to the maximum point until the obvious looks dubious.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,086
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    It's funny how the actuall soldiers whose job is to do damage get released early but the poor fisherman who didn't do anything wait for years to get released smh
    That’s unfortunate but with fishermen I guess there is chance of them being spies. But yeah it is cruel to keep them for no reason, they should be investigated quickly and let go.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,799
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While what Ayaz Sadiq said was unwise, looking at known facts one should believe him.

    India without declaring war goes and bombs Pakistan. Legally Abhinandan could have been prosecuted and the protections of the Geneva Convention do not apply as war had not been declared.

    A person has come and bombed your country with no war having been declared.

    Instead of prosecuting him, Pakistan sends in two days. Does not even ask for an apology.

    Based on these facts, it is apparent that Pakistan was very afraid of a war breaking out, and were willing to accept being bombed.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    141,547
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    There was no goodwill gesture. There was enough pressure on pakistan diplomatically.
    Like I said, this is the Indian narrative and they are free to believe it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    27,182
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    The PMLN leader said the foreign minister mentioned a pending 9 PM attack from India. That is a very specific statement he made .. and you think that is completely fabricated when he said that in parliament? Come on. They are not that childish.
    Then you clearly donít know them lol

  77. #77
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,737
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    While what Ayaz Sadiq said was unwise, looking at known facts one should believe him.

    India without declaring war goes and bombs Pakistan. Legally Abhinandan could have been prosecuted and the protections of the Geneva Convention do not apply as war had not been declared.

    A person has come and bombed your country with no war having been declared.

    Instead of prosecuting him, Pakistan sends in two days. Does not even ask for an apology.

    Based on these facts, it is apparent that Pakistan was very afraid of a war breaking out, and were willing to accept being bombed.
    I think Pakistanis genuinely wanted to perform a goodwill gesture towards India. This could have been seen in their news channels and on social media as well. The mood of Pakistani nation was that of returning Abhinandan and this cannot be denied. Only Zaid Hamid wanted to keep Abhinandan and looking at what India did in Kashmir after that, dare i say his stand is vindicated (I cannot believe i am saying this).

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,943
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    While what Ayaz Sadiq said was unwise, looking at known facts one should believe him.

    India without declaring war goes and bombs Pakistan. Legally Abhinandan could have been prosecuted and the protections of the Geneva Convention do not apply as war had not been declared.

    A person has come and bombed your country with no war having been declared.

    Instead of prosecuting him, Pakistan sends in two days. Does not even ask for an apology.

    Based on these facts, it is apparent that Pakistan was very afraid of a war breaking out, and were willing to accept being bombed.
    LOL this is what happens when you rely on Wikipedia


    India entered Pakistan airspace on 26th Feb 2019 and "bombed" one location where they killed a couple of trees and a crow.

    On the next day, 27th February 2019, Pakistan entered Indian airspace and "bombed" four locations near military installations. While Pakistani jets were returning to Pakistani airspace they were engaged by Indian jets, one SU-30 was shot down in Indian airspace. The MIG-21 being flown by Abhinandan was completely jammed and he did not know he had entered Pakistani airspace, as soon as he entered he was engaged and shot down. In the heat of the moment, India panicked and also shot down their own helicopter that was flying inorder to rescue the downed pilots.



    Next time educate yourself, unless you like being shown your auqaat.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Pakistan had kept POWs in past. Released them very late. This time they had lot of diplomatic pressure plus the risk of initiating a full fledged war.
    Haha ma man was waiting for some ray of hope to pump his chest , kabsay say bhaii wait Kar Raha that keh Kuch tho positive aii regarding this event where India looks all mighty ...bhaii aisi news per jaldii say aaaata Hai,warna ghayab

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    LOL this is what happens when you rely on Wikipedia


    India entered Pakistan airspace on 26th Feb 2019 and "bombed" one location where they killed a couple of trees and a crow.

    On the next day, 27th February 2019, Pakistan entered Indian airspace and "bombed" four locations near military installations. While Pakistani jets were returning to Pakistani airspace they were engaged by Indian jets, one SU-30 was shot down in Indian airspace. The MIG-21 being flown by Abhinandan was completely jammed and he did not know he had entered Pakistani airspace, as soon as he entered he was engaged and shot down. In the heat of the moment, India panicked and also shot down their own helicopter that was flying inorder to rescue the downed pilots.



    Next time educate yourself, unless you like being shown your auqaat.
    I don't think you should believe the Pakistani narrative either. Imran Khan in a public statement said two pilots were captured. That matches the Indian narrative. Later on, it was suppressed. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Can't trust the rhetoric blindly


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •