Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

SuperSport becomes PCBs Africa broadcast partner for home international matches and PSL till 2023

SuperSport becomes PCBs broadcast partner for home international matches and HBL PSL till 2023

Agreement covers 83 days of Pakistans home international cricket and HBL Pakistan Super League from 2021 to 2023

Major announcement comes within a month after the PCB signed a $200million three-year agreement for its domestic cricket

PCBs region-based strategy means more broadcast licensee partner announcements to be made in due course

Wasim Khan: This partnership will enable us to showcase our exciting cricketers, home international fixtures and HBL Pakistan Super League to the sport-loving Africa region

Lahore, 29 October 2020:

In a ground-breaking development and for the first time in Pakistan crickets history, the Pakistan Cricket Board has signed a three-year agreement with SuperSport that has made South Africas leading multi-channel sport network as its broadcast partner in the Africa region for all home international cricket and HBL Pakistan Super League until 2023.

The agreement means SuperSport, one of the worlds most popular and favourite sport channels, will have exclusive rights to televise Pakistans home international matches and HBL Pakistan Super League from 2021 to 2023.

The first series of the partnership starts in Rawalpindi on 30 October when Pakistan host Zimbabwe in the first ODI. The series will conclude on 10 November with the third T20I.

As such, from the series against Zimbabwe till the end of December 2022, Pakistan is scheduled to play nine Tests, 20 ODIs and 18 T20Is, meaning 83 days of home international matches. To top this up with three HBL Pakistan Super League from 2021-2023, the cricket fans in Africa can now brace for aggressive, attractive and competitive cricket from one of the powerhouses of world cricket.

The announcement has come within a month after the Pakistan Cricket Board signed a $200million three-year agreement with PTV Sports and I-Media Communication Services to broadcast Pakistans domestic matches.

In line with their World of Champions slogan, SuperSport has grown tremendously in the past 25 years after becoming a single complete channel in 1995 to now boast 19 High Definition sport channels, including a dedicated cricket channel.

On the other 18 channels, SuperSport broadcasts all other sport, including football, tennis, golf, motorsport, boxing, wrestling, hockey, athletics as well as global events such as the summer and winter Olympics, Commonwealth Games and World Cups.

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan: We are delighted to partner with a globally-renowned sport network such as SuperSport. This partnership will enable us to showcase our exciting cricketers, 83 days of our home international cricket and HBL Pakistan Super League to the sport-loving Africa region.

The HBL Pakistan Super League is the PCBs marquee event in which a big number of foreign cricketers, including from South Africa, take part. Through SuperSport, the South Africa fans will be able to not only follow the high-octane cricket but also support their favourite players that, in turn, will help the PCB to make HBL Pakistan Super League as one of the top leagues.

As a broadcast partner in the Africa region, I have no doubt that SuperSport will take full advantage of this partnership by promoting Pakistan cricket across its vast territory.

The PCB remains committed to strengthening the foundations of Pakistan cricket with sustainability at the core of our five-year strategy.

This new partnership follows quickly after the domestic $200million deal recently secured with PTV Sports and I-Media Communication Services. Broadening our revenue streams will not only go a long way to de-risking our business, but it will also support our aim of improving our cricket infrastructure and domestic cricket, as well as enabling us to improve contracts for our men and women players, our coaches and match officials.

In line with our region-based strategy, the PCB has had positive responses from key sport broadcasters and so we expect to make further announcements in due course.

Marc Jury, Head of Acquisitions, SuperSport: We are very excited to be extending our partnership with the Pakistan Cricket Board for their full international schedule and the HBL Pakistan Super League, more so given that Pakistan will be playing their home matches back in Pakistan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jiyo wasim khan

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect!

Need to get Sky on Board for similar deal, that would be great

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another half billion?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Feeling sorry for cricket fans in Africa.

Nevertheless, this is a good news for cricket fans in Pakistan with access to SuperSport.

They are no Sky but they are infinitely better than PTV.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. The games will actually be televised in HD now

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1826 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Supersport are a very good broadcaster, they literally have a monopoly in SA and any other broadcaster has literally no chance.

I see that time and again reference is made to a $200mn broadcast deal. Its not that. There is no fixed 200mn, like other boards have with their broadcaster. Its a revenue projection out of which 42.5% will go to PTV. So PCB's share will be around 115mn. Substract the cost of production. Add to that the revenue to be made by selling international rights in each region.

So the actual surplus may be around the 100-120mn mark. Double than the 60mn pcb made last time.

But everything depends on hitting $200mn in revenue at home in 3 years. It will be making more money in a year than the last broadcaster paid in 5-6 years.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Nevertheless, this is a good news for cricket fans in Pakistan with access to SuperSport.

Why feeling sorry for fans in Africa?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Go on, elaborate and prepare for the worst...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I used to watch SuperSport a lot back in the 2000s. It literally was the best. All soccer leagues whether English, Italian or Spanish. Every random cricket series in the world. Barely a sport tbey didnt cover. This is where I was watching SOuth African Ram Slam T20 way back in 2004. Also I had this HUGE superstition that I had to watch Man United game on Supersports (Eventhough they were 5-6 seconds behind other channel) because United would pretty much win every match I watched on it lol.

And then Pakistanis sports channels sprung up and got rights to different events and in order to monopolize the market they forced Cable tv companies to put DSTV and Super sport off the air. Was a moment of soag for me lol. Because it was almost guaranteed in atleast one of the 5-6 super sport channels you were almost guaranteed to find something to watch no matter what time you switched on the TV. So I have great memories eith the channel.

One funny note is that while I know that my Man United superstition was stupid; ever since super sport got taken off air in Pakistan, Man United has largely been terrible.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So do they stop covering South African cricket?

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the home series of South Africa.....what I can make out of it is that SA won't play any home series during PSL......they may play away.....or may not......gen Dec to Feb is a very busy schedule for. proteas.......if they don't play during PSL there is a good chance of getting some proteas for PSL

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Why feeling sorry for fans in Africa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Go on, elaborate and prepare for the worst...
    South Africa is no longer an elite side, Zimbabwe cricket is almost done and dusted, while the likes Kenya and Namibia have been reduced to rubble.

And now the mediocrity that is Pakistan cricket will be forced down their throats.

Unless Pakistan gets more matches against the big 3 which is not happening, this is clearly not a good deal for cricket fans in Africa who want to pay to watch high quality cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done PCB and well done Wasim Khan. Small steps but significant ones none the less. Super sport is a feeder to Sky Sports for South African cricket and this will open the door for more exposure in Europe. Sky sports are desperately looking for cricket to broadcast on their channels before BT sports snaps up their remaining customers.

A day for haters to burn

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im afraid you need serious help. You should be seeking a psychiatrist to help you deal with PCB and Wasim Khans success, as this may be harmful for you in the long run as its going no where.

Learn to be happy and not create negativity for others at the comfort of your laptop and anonymity. Your hate will eat you alive.
    Seriously a team of Rabada Nortje Morris DeCock Faf and probably AB is not an elite side......just a poor 2019 WC and they r poor.......

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done PCB and well done Wasim Khan. Small steps but significant ones none the less. Super sport is a feeder to Sky Sports for South African cricket and this will open the door for more exposure in Europe. Sky sports are desperately looking for cricket to broadcast on their channels before BT sports snaps up their remaining customers.

A day for haters to burn
    Many may lose their josh .....glad PCB and Pakistani cricket is finally moving in r8 direction

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will definitely boost viwership......There r many ppl from subcontinent esp Pak living their....many have
    Their origins from subcontinent.... Sky would have
    Been better but Sky has no space i guess and supersport is a very good broadcaster

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Many may lose their josh .....glad PCB and Pakistani cricket is finally moving in r8 direction
    Working hard in silence is Wasim Khan sab. The results are loud and clear for all to see. He inherited a mess from his predecessors who some poster vehemently defends due to his political affiliation, but he is doing the best for PCB with his professional expertise. This is hurting some people not because he isn’t doing things in the right way, but because doing the right thing makes the incompetent people of the past look useless.

Those haters need help.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations fans of Africa, you will now witness some quality up coming fast bowlers and some exciting new batsmen, plus the text book of batting himself Babar Azam.

Also with cricket returning to Pakistan, lots of home series against good oppositions, this is the right time to be a part of this journey

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    Jiyo wasim khan
    Ameen

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Wasim's absolutely changed the landscape of PCB. Brilliant work.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Wasim's absolutely changed the landscape of PCB. Brilliant work.
    Alhamdolillah. May he continue to march forth in success.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day for haters to burn
    BT Sports is a pain man. Its so expensive and they have already taken over the Australian home games, champions league football etc. British public can longer watch the Ashes tours downunder in SKY. I have no idea where to watch India tour of Australia.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    BT Sports is a pain man. Its so expensive and they have already taken over the Australian home games, champions league football etc. British public can longer watch the Ashes tours downunder in SKY. I have no idea where to watch India tour of Australia.
    Set up a VPN and catch it on the officlal broadcaster - SonyLiv.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    guys topic is about Pakistan cricket - thanks

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Set up a VPN and catch it on the officlal broadcaster - SonyLiv.
    Is it on sony network ?
    Didnt saw any advertisment/promo of this series

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is it on sony network ?
    Didnt saw any advertisment/promo of this series
    It should be on Sony. They cover all India tours of Australia, South Africa and England.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It should be on Sony. They cover all India tours of Australia, South Africa and England.
    Oh my bad i thought you were talking abt pak zim series

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indias tour to Aussie land is on BT sports thats confirmed

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Me too. Now Sky Sports are trying to make extra money from average Premier league matches with Sky sports PPV.

You might as well strike a deal with the PCB and try to save the british Pakistani viewership by using the Supersport coverage.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim continues to impress slowly moving Pakistani cricket in line with modern world.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my bad i thought you were talking abt pak zim series
    It's in Sony too

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!

Well done Wasim Khan, well done.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Supersport are a very good broadcaster, they literally have a monopoly in SA and any other broadcaster has literally no chance.

I see that time and again reference is made to a $200mn broadcast deal. Its not that. There is no fixed 200mn, like other boards have with their broadcaster. Its a revenue projection out of which 42.5% will go to PTV. So PCB's share will be around 115mn. Substract the cost of production. Add to that the revenue to be made by selling international rights in each region.

So the actual surplus may be around the 100-120mn mark. Double than the 60mn pcb made last time.

But everything depends on hitting $200mn in revenue at home in 3 years. It will be making more money in a year than the last broadcaster paid in 5-6 years.
    The PCB expects its 57.5% share to work out to $200 million in the next 3 years

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Stay on topic.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    PCB doing good work on the commercial front. Wonder how much revenue this SuperSport deal brings in.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This a very good deal by the PCB.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do they stop covering South African cricket?
    They have 25 odd sports channels, could broadcast Pak Home series on any of them when South Africa fixtures are also at the same time.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Mark Nicholas will be there as commentator during Pakistan matches? because he is under Supersport contract.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    Is Mark Nicholas will be there as commentator during Pakistan matches? because he is under Supersport contract.
    And Mike Haysmen too. He is the Ramiz Raja of SENA in terms of bias against Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB literally setting up shop with International cricket set to remain at home now. Positive moves.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure west indies had a similar deal with Sky sports, where their home games were shown in the UK, i remember that epic test when yasir shah got gabriel with his last ball in match to win the series. Pakistan could look to replicate something similar, however im sure skysports cameramen would prefer a month in the Caribbean compared to a month in Pakistan, maybe has something to do with those logistics?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    I'm sure west indies had a similar deal with Sky sports, where their home games were shown in the UK, i remember that epic test when yasir shah got gabriel with his last ball in match to win the series. Pakistan could look to replicate something similar, however im sure skysports cameramen would prefer a month in the Caribbean compared to a month in Pakistan, maybe has something to do with those logistics?
    But the PCB don’t need sky sports camera men. That was the whole point of getting the HD cameras in the first place, they can use their own camera men, Supersports coverage team and use the feed on their Cricket channel or sky sports mix.

Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    They are just broadcasting partners and not producers, they will be displaying the PCB produced games on their channels without any modifications. Same thing will be displayed on both PTV as well as SuperSport, tho on SuperSport it will be in HD

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the PCB don’t need sky sports camera men. That was the whole point of getting the HD cameras in the first place, they can use their own camera men, Supersports coverage team and use the feed on their Cricket channel or sky sports mix.
    Makes sense, but judging by the national t20 our coverage is too unstable for a established broadcaster like sky.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, but judging by the national t20 our coverage is too unstable for a established broadcaster like sky.
    They will demand 4K cameras as a bare minimum, but they have already used the coverage from Supersport for South Africa home series on their channel. Let’s see how Supersport improve the quality and whether it is good enough to be broadcasted on Sky, before they lose another big draw cricket country to BT sport. They are barely hanging on to English cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will demand 4K cameras as a bare minimum, but they have already used the coverage from Supersport for South Africa home series on their channel. Let’s see how Supersport improve the quality and whether it is good enough to be broadcasted on Sky, before they lose another big draw cricket country to BT sport. They are barely hanging on to English cricket.
    Definitely an avenue that needs to be explored later on down the line, opportunities are there. Hopefully the more experience we get with our own home games, the better the coverage becomes and we can then sell the product around the globe.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This all sounds good, but I am a bit confused.

Does this mean:

1. Before this deal, no PSL or Pakistan cricket games (home or international) were being televised in Africa? If so, how did the people there ever watch Pakistan games? Or they didn't?

2. What about the $200M deal with PTV then? What's the difference between the two deals?

3. How does this deal with SuperSports benefit Pakistan, Pakistan Cricket & PCB?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sky have carried West Indies' home internationals since the 1990s - Sky have nothing to do with the production though. They simply hold the broadcasting rights in the UK - carrying the feed which in 2017 vs Pakistan was produced by Ten Sports.
    SuperSports will have nothing to do with the production. They will simply broadcast in Africa the feed which is produced by PCB's partners TowerSports and SportzWorkz.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    This all sounds good, but I am a bit confused.

Does this mean:

1. Before this deal, no PSL or Pakistan cricket games (home or international) were being televised in Africa? If so, how did the people there ever watch Pakistan games? Or they didn't?

2. What about the $200M deal with PTV then? What's the difference between the two deals?

3. How does this deal with SuperSports benefit Pakistan, Pakistan Cricket & PCB?
    It doesn't affect the PTV deal at all. PTV hold the rights to Pakistan's home internationals in Pakistan. SuperSport will simply hold the broadcasting rights to Pakistan's home internationals in Africa.

It benefits the PCB because it means more revenue coming in which can be reinvested into domestic cricket, player salaries etc.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Sky have carried West Indies' home internationals since the 1990s - Sky have nothing to do with the production though. They simply hold the broadcasting rights in the UK - carrying the feed which in 2017 vs Pakistan was produced by Ten Sports.

SuperSports will have nothing to do with the production. They will simply broadcast in Africa the feed which is produced by PCB's partners TowerSports and SportzWorkz.
    So Sky can do the same for PCB like they have done for WICB?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to all Pakistanis and true fans of Cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    So Sky can do the same for PCB like they have done for WICB?
    According to Saj, Sky haven't been fans of the way PCB conducted business in the past.

That's why we've had to settle for crappy desi channels like ARY Digital, Zee Cafe etc.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great deal. Nice to see Pakistan trying to broaden there cricket brand around the world. There's quite a few Pakistanis in Africa who are welcoming this news. Well done Wasim Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    According to Saj, Sky haven't been fans of the way PCB conducted business in the past.

That's why we've had to settle for crappy desi channels like ARY Digital, Zee Cafe etc.
    In the Past, Sky was the only sports channel that held any meaning in England. BT sport has truly rattled their cage now and Sky will do well to hold onto rights for the ECB at this moment. I believe Wasim Khan can enter negotiations with a new approach and it would be the right time now.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1826 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The PCB expects its 57.5% share to work out to $200 million in the next 3 years
    . Then they are expecting a revenue of more than 500mn in 3 years. Thats more than 150mn a year only from domestic market. Considering that it doesn't include the PSL and the PSL deal is around 40mn. This will mean that pcb expects revenue to be close to 200mn a year. That puts it into the league of what ECB makes and more than CA, that too with no India tour.

Last time PCB made 50-70mn for a 5 year period.

This revenue projection will be near impossible.

A revenue of $200mn in total looks more realistic.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1826 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I heard that earlier also it was supersport that held rights of the pakistan matches.

@MenInG

@saj

can you confirm?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Supersport tv Schedule i can see pak zimb series 2nd one day from Sunday nothing for tomorrow maybe it was too late for tomorrow. I can see third one day next tuesday as well

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent. So now I don't have to tune into PTV Sports.

Hopefully some of the money received will be put towards upgradation of stadiums. We currently have the worst stadiums in all of the cricketing world. No double tier stadium, concrete slabs as seats, abominable hygienic conditions. Going to a stadium should be a splendid experience, not a tribulation.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I heard that earlier also it was supersport that held rights of the pakistan matches.

@MenInG

@saj

can you confirm?
    We arent aware of this.

The current news is about Africa rights.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    South Africa is no longer an elite side, Zimbabwe cricket is almost done and dusted, while the likes Kenya and Namibia have been reduced to rubble.

And now the mediocrity that is Pakistan cricket will be forced down their throats.

Unless Pakistan gets more matches against the big 3 which is not happening, this is clearly not a good deal for cricket fans in Africa who want to pay to watch high quality cricket.
    I disagree. PSL features some really quality cricket and is arguably the second best in the world.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    . Then they are expecting a revenue of more than 500mn in 3 years. Thats more than 150mn a year only from domestic market. Considering that it doesn't include the PSL and the PSL deal is around 40mn. This will mean that pcb expects revenue to be close to 200mn a year. That puts it into the league of what ECB makes and more than CA, that too with no India tour.

Dude can you do some math? If PCB is taking 57.5%, to get 200 million, the total revenue needs to be around 348 Million, not over 500 milllion.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Excellent. So now I don't have to tune into PTV Sports.

Hopefully some of the money received will be put towards upgradation of stadiums. We currently have the worst stadiums in all of the cricketing world. No double tier stadium, concrete slabs as seats, abominable hygienic conditions. Going to a stadium should be a splendid experience, not a tribulation.
    I think if they use the money towards the upgrading of Media equipment (cameras/hotspot/presenters/commentators) it would open up more doors and more money.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great news. Now we need a deal with Sky Sports.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Surprise with that .Their is alot of pak audience from uk .Hopefully wasim was talking about sky sports

“In line with our region-based strategy, the PCB has had positive responses from key sport broadcasters and so we expect to make further announcements in due course.”

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Dude can you do some math? If PCB is taking 57.5%, to get 200 million, the total revenue needs to be around 348 Million, not over 500 milllion.
    Wasim Khan in a recent interview with an Australian Journalist mentioned that the PCB expects to get $90 million a year from the PTV deal so he expects PCB's 57.5% share to be around $270 million

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Lets just wait for the next 3 years to see what is the true reality. No point in debating this right now

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst this is a good deal , there is no consideration for European fans who frantically have to wait till the last minute to find out who is showing the matches .

Even if there was a deal with broadcaster like Premier tv or a channel called freeview sports it would be wonderful .

This time its gone a step ahead and looks like there is no UK broadcaster !

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    Whilst this is a good deal , there is no consideration for European fans who frantically have to wait till the last minute to find out who is showing the matches .

Even if there was a deal with broadcaster like Premier tv or a channel called freeview sports it would be wonderful .

This time it’s gone a step ahead and looks like there is no UK broadcaster !
    Am really surprised as we all know alot of pakistani cricket fans live in england and we cant watch any of the matches against zimbabwe

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1826 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    We arent aware of this.

The current news is about Africa rights.
    Previou season broadcast rights were held by Supersport as well. That deal may have come via sub licence of the global rights holder of PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1826 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    You are forgetting the cost of production. So to have a surplus it will be closer to 500mn in 3 years.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Am really surprised as we all know alot of pakistani cricket fans live in england and we cant watch any of the matches against zimbabwe
    Complete farce !

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    Complete farce !
    Someone said it's going to be on youTube

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whilst Sky sports has no choice but to replay IPL matches of the past to fill in voids, Pakistan can’t secure a spot on the channel.

Seriously, Wasim Khan sab needs to get his teeth into this. It’s an opportunity begging

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Great, now if only there were some local channels with HD broadcast capabilities that would also show our games...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think a vpn can used in uk for supersports plus there is no way to get supersport subscription is there??

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How much is this in $$$$$?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    How much is this in $$$$$?
    Somewhere near 200 million dollars!

That's a lot of money! PCB has monetized their product quite well.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I used to watch SuperSport a lot back in the 2000s. It literally was the best. All soccer leagues whether English, Italian or Spanish. Every random cricket series in the world. Barely a sport tbey didnt cover. This is where I was watching SOuth African Ram Slam T20 way back in 2004. Also I had this HUGE superstition that I had to watch Man United game on Supersports (Eventhough they were 5-6 seconds behind other channel) because United would pretty much win every match I watched on it lol.

And then Pakistanis sports channels sprung up and got rights to different events and in order to monopolize the market they forced Cable tv companies to put DSTV and Super sport off the air. Was a moment of soag for me lol. Because it was almost guaranteed in atleast one of the 5-6 super sport channels you were almost guaranteed to find something to watch no matter what time you switched on the TV. So I have great memories eith the channel.

One funny note is that while I know that my Man United superstition was stupid; ever since super sport got taken off air in Pakistan, Man United has largely been terrible.
    So SuperSport was free to air in pak those days .. thats Amazing !!!