Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"Disgusting": Erdogan Vows Action Against Charlie Hebdo Cartoon On Him

Istanbul: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan vented his outrage Wednesday at a "disgusting" cartoon in the French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo depicting him looking up a woman's skirt while drinking beer in his underpants.
    Erdogan's office vowed to take "legal and diplomatic action" while Turkey's NTV television said Ankara had also summoned the second-most senior diplomat at the French embassy to express its "strong condemnation".

Under normal circumstances, France's ambassador would have been summoned, but he has been recalled to Paris for consultations in a further sign of the deteriorating diplomatic relations between the two NATO allies.

The front-cover Charlie Hebdo cartoon came out just days after Erdogan called for a boycott of French products and questioned President Emmanuel Macron's sanity for promoting a drive against Islamic extremism.

Macron's defence of the media's right to mock religion -- as exemplified by Charlie Hebdo's blasphemous cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed -- has stirred angry protests across Turkey and swathes of the Muslim world.

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Wednesday became the latest Islamic figure to criticise the French president, saying his defence of cartoons of the prophet was a "stupid act" and an "insult" to those who voted for him.

"Ask (Macron) why he supports insulting God's messenger in the name of freedom of expression. Does freedom of expression mean insulting, especially a sacred personage?" Khamenei said in a message to "French youth" on his official website.

Erdogan said he had not personally seen the Charlie Hebdo caricature because he did not want to "give credit to such immoral publications."

"I don't need to say anything to those scoundrels who insult my beloved prophet on such a scale," Erdogan said in a speech to his party's lawmakers.

"I am sad and frustrated not because of this disgusting attack on me personally, but because of the impertinence taking aim at our prophet we love more than ourselves."

Turkey is a mostly Muslim but officially secular country that has taken a more conservative and nationalist course under Erdogan's rule.

'Vicious and ugly'

Macron's defence of Charlie Hebdo's right to publish drawings of the prophet, which is forbidden under Islam, came after the brutal murder on October 16 of a school teacher who had shown cartoons to pupils during a class discussion about freedom of speech.

The magazine was also targeted by jihadists in a 2015 massacre that killed 12 people, including some of its most famous cartoonists.

Turkish officials accuse Macron of unfairly targeting Muslims and cultivating a culture that encourages Charlie Hebdo to use its right to offend.

Over the last week, protests and rallies have taken place in many Muslim-majority countries to denounce Macron.

Tens of thousands marched Tuesday through the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka.

In Syria, protesters burned pictures of Macron and French flags, while others rallied across the Indian city of Mumbai and parts of the Gaza Strip on Wednesday.

"If the statesmen of Europe want peace and stability in their countries, they must honour the dignity of Muslims, respecting their values," protester Ozgur Bursali said at a rally outside the French embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara.

Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday wrote to the leaders of Muslim countries calling on them to act together against Islamophobia, while a leading Kuwaiti supermarket chain said that most of its stores had stripped their shelves of French products.

EU sanctions?

But Macron has been staunchly defended by fellow European leaders and he drew support from India on Wednesday under Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"We strongly deplore the personal attacks in unacceptable language on President Emmanuel Macron in violation of the most basic standards of international discourse," said a statement from the Indian foreign ministry.

French government spokesman Gabriel Attal said his country "will never renounce its principles and values" in regard to media freedom and fight against Islamic extremism.

France on Wednesday officially shut down a group called Barakacity that it blames for inciting hate and justifying terrorist acts.

Erdogan's policies have put Turkey at growing odds with the European Union and Macron has become one of Turkish leader's most vocal critics.

The two statesmen have sparred over the eastern Mediterranean as well as Turkey's policies across the Middle East and -- most recently -- in the war between Azerbaijani and Armenian separatist forces in Nagorno-Karabakh.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/turk...on-him-2317264
    Does he realize he's only giving that hungry magazine more publicity by making statements like these?

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Does he realize he's only giving that hungry magazine more publicity by making statements like these?
    He is also sending a message to the world that he won't silently accept inappropriate and offensive provocation without delivering at least a rejoinder. These are Muslim people, I am not saying they are right, but you can't expect them to behave according to your standards which are ingrained in your culture.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He is also sending a message to the world that he won't silently accept inappropriate and offensive provocation without delivering at least a rejoinder. These are Muslim people, I am not saying they are right, but you can't expect them to behave according to your standards which are ingrained in your culture.
    Well, then let's see what 'action' he takes against Charlie Hebdo. I don't read French but the news says that the latest cartoon is exclusively anti-Erdogan, not anti-Muslim. Although not surprised he's hiding under that blanket to galvanize support. It's like that nutter Baba Ramdev out here.

My bet is he's just blowing off steam and has no idea what to do to take on a foreign magazine that seems to be operating with impunity. Even the slightest step only gives it more publicity.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Did macron realize that he is only giving more publicity to extremists and driving normal people towards hardline by supporting that hungry magazine?

Typical smokes and mirrors by indians to put the blame elsewhere.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Well, then let's see what 'action' he takes against Charlie Hebdo. I don't read French but the news says that the latest cartoon is exclusively anti-Erdogan, not anti-Muslim. Although not surprised he's hiding under that blanket to galvanize support. It's like that nutter Baba Ramdev out here.

My bet is he's just blowing off steam and has no idea what to do to take on a foreign magazine that seems to be operating with impunity. Even the slightest step only gives it more publicity.
    Macron would do well to shut up and say nothing, he can always hide behind the excuse that Charlie Hebdo is a private venture and he has no control over it's content. If you recall in the other thread, my only objection was when the Dutch President piped up and gave his support to the offensive cartoons which I felt was totally unfitting for a nation's leader. You could at least pretend not to endorse offensive material.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Macron would do well to shut up and say nothing, he can always hide behind the excuse that Charlie Hebdo is a private venture and he has no control over it's content. If you recall in the other thread, my only objection was when the Dutch President piped up and gave his support to the offensive cartoons which I felt was totally unfitting for a nation's leader. You could at least pretend not to endorse offensive material.
    What Dutch President? That position doesn't exist. If you're referring to Mark Rutte the Prime Minister, this is what he said:

Doesn't seem like he explicitly supported Charlie Hebdo to me, and was just referring to Macron's initial statement.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    What Dutch President? That position doesn't exist. If you're referring to Mark Rutte the Prime Minister, this is what he said:

Doesn't seem like he explicitly supported Charlie Hebdo to me, and was just referring to Macron's initial statement.
    He supported Macron who projected abusive Hebdo cartoons of the Prophet PBUH on govt buildings, and further published insulting caricatures of the Turkish President. I find that unbecoming of a Prime Minister, but of you probably side with France and Hebdo and that is your prerogative.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thin skinned Buffon has made it illegal for opposition leaders in turkey to talk against the president. But come Friday , after prayers he goes on tv and blasts all his opponents .

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    This thin skinned Buffon has made it illegal for opposition leaders in turkey to talk against the president. But come Friday , after prayers he goes on tv and blasts all his opponents .
    True. For all the e-tomatoes we throw at Modi, at least we know that it'll take one election to get him out, and he will go quietly. Ditto Trump.

Erdogan is like Putin and operates in the guise of democracy while running his economy to the ground.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Erdogan cartoon was pretty disgusting. Can’t imagine what they would’ve done to the Prophet (PBUH)

Europe needs to know what the difference is between freedom of expression and hurting other sentiments.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. For all the e-tomatoes we throw at Modi, at least we know that it'll take one election to get him out, and he will go quietly. Ditto Trump.

Erdogan is like Putin and operates in the guise of democracy while running his economy to the ground.
    Trump wishes he was like erdogan. However Trump will not go out quietly either. But we still have system in place whereas erdogan has destroyed the system completely. Modi is a chump also but I don’t know about how bad it is in India to determine what modi can get away with

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    The Erdogan cartoon was pretty disgusting. Can’t imagine what they would’ve done to the Prophet (PBUH)

Europe needs to know what the difference is between freedom of expression and hurting other sentiments.
    I have seen worse political cartoons

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Trump wishes he was like erdogan. However Trump will not go out quietly either. But we still have system in place whereas erdogan has destroyed the system completely. Modi is a chump also but I don’t know about how bad it is in India to determine what modi can get away with
    I guarantee Modi can never do an Erdogana and change the PM's post to be one for life. That prospect is laughable.

Modi hasn't won a single state election since 2017. He is not that popular.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen cartoons of Trump

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Erdogan cartoon was pretty disgusting. Can’t imagine what they would’ve done to the Prophet (PBUH).
    It was targeted at Erdogan. The only ones who should feel offended are him and his supporters. Please don't fall for his cheap trick of getting all Muslims fighting this battle with him - from what I can gather there was nothing anti-Muslim about that particular cartoon (can't read French, this is based on online news stories).

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that needs to stop. We shouldn’t attack personally. There should be constructive criticism instead of this...

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doesnt make it ok or acceptable

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You want to have a go at Charlie Hebdo's cartoons? By all means, attack that parody of the dead Syrian boy on the beach they put out some years ago. Now that was horrific.

This Erdogan thing doesn't come close.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Political cartoons have been around since antiquity . And they are usually very crude.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why is it unacceptable erogran criticising macron?
    Doesnt that come under freedom of speech?

Seems like these politicans want their cake and to eat it too

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was targeted at Erdogan. The only ones who should feel offended are him and his supporters. Please don't fall for his cheap trick of getting all Muslims fighting this battle with him - from what I can gather there was nothing anti-Muslim about that particular cartoon (can't read French, this is based on online news stories).
    There was a bit of Anti-Muslim in the cartoon however these personal attacks need to stop. I would’ve said the same if Dutch PM was in the cartoon instead of Erdogan.

Charlie Hebdo is trying to show that Erdogan has a “dark” side too. Where he is with a woman in hijab who is in her underwear and drinking alcohol while he says: “Ooh, le Prophete.”

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to have a go at Charlie Hebdo's cartoons? By all means, attack that parody of the dead Syrian boy on the beach they put out some years ago. Now that was horrific.

This Erdogan thing doesn't come close.
    That was pretty disgusting too.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a bit of Anti-Muslim in the cartoon however these personal attacks need to stop. I would’ve said the same if Dutch PM was in the cartoon instead of Erdogan.

Charlie Hebdo is trying to show that Erdogan has a “dark” side too. Where he is with a woman in hijab who is in her underwear and drinking alcohol while he says: “Ooh, le Prophete.”
    It’s a damn cartoon. Get over it

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. Rutte, where was your freedom of speech when Wilders attacked the Moroccans?

Just sayin’.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same applies to the politicians who are offended by erdogran and his comments

They should get over it

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t get over it when my teachers since two days are saying that Islam is a bad religion.

F*ing one man destroys the image of all innocent Muslims.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t get over it when my teachers since two days are saying that Islam is a bad religion.

Which one man

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

What teachers? Where do you live?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one man
    The guy who killed Samuel Paty.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What teachers? Where do you live?
    I live in the Netherlands bro. Since Monday all what the teachers are talking about the incident of Samuel Paty and why it happened.

I’ve had it enough so just a little frustrated...

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I live in the Netherlands bro. Since Monday all what the teachers are talking about the incident of Samuel Paty and why it happened.

Wow - that must be tough. Hope it passes over in a few days.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually that's not the complete picture. In the cartoon Erdogan is shown lifting the hijaban woman's skirt revealing her bottom and exclaiming "Ooh le Prophete!" (meaning her bottom in case anyone didn't get it).

So those claiming smugly that this was not an attack on Islam are being disingenuous.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a tough one. Do you speak Dutch?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Erdogan is the new poster boy here but polarizing leaders one way or the other like Trump,Modi,Boris Johnson etc have so many tweets, memes, articles and abuses hurled at them all the time, they don’t seem to care.

This Erdogan guy needs to grow a spine and move on and focus on his country.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    I know Erdogan is the new poster boy here but polarizing leaders one way or the other like Trump,Modi,Boris Johnson etc have so many tweets, memes, articles and abuses hurled at them all the time, they don’t seem to care.

Yep he is a politician not a religious figure

Fair game tbh hell more than fair this is the game

Cartoons were always made for politicians

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - that must be tough. Hope it passes over in a few days.
    Yeah hopefully.
    That’s a tough one. Do you speak Dutch?
    Yes I speak Dutch. Actually born and raised here as well!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    980 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually that's not the complete picture. In the cartoon Erdogan is shown lifting the hijaban woman's skirt revealing her bottom and exclaiming "Ooh le Prophete!" (meaning her bottom in case anyone didn't get it).

So those claiming smugly that this was not an attack on Islam are being disingenuous.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie Hebdo is the most tasteless and irresponsible organization I have seen in my life. Charlie Hebdo cartoonists probably would've been in big trouble in most countries (not just Muslim countries).

I support Erdogan here.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erdogan ready to channel in his inner Ertugral on France.

Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Charlie Hebdo is the most tasteless and irresponsible organization I have seen in my life. Charlie Hebdo cartoonists probably would've been in big trouble in most countries (not just Muslim countries).

I support Erdogan here.
    You can disagree with them. You can disagree with anything without using physical force. That is how it should be.

Indian phast bowlers can only bowl at 100k and they lose their radar striving for that extra 20k.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why should he? Hes every right to defend any abuse he feels is being thrown at the prophet pbuh or islam itself

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    You can disagree with them. You can disagree with anything without using physical force. That is how it should be.
    Thats what erdogran is doing so why do you have a problem with him doing exactly that?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The latest cartoon of charlie hebdo was not a personal attack on Erdogan alone but also a vulgar attack on sterotyped muslim women. It is appaling but not surprising that Indians are supporting it.

The same Indians who went on a hunt, registered FIRs against Deepika singh of Jammu who tweeted a cartoon of a woman getting raped on Dusshera.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This was another attack on the Prophet PBUH, albeit done in a sneaky and obscene fashion which is not unusual in France. Not everyone has to bend over to accommodate vulgarity just because Modi does.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Thats what erdogran is doing so why do you have a problem with him doing exactly that?
    I am in full support of what Erdogan said. As long as Erdogan's restricts himself to twitter war, nobody should have a problem.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The cartoon depicts Erdogan sitting in his underwear, drinking a beer, and lifting up a woman's hijab to expose her bare backside. Most Muslims consider drinking alcohol haram, or forbidden.

Your wrong there If it was just targeted as erdogan there wouldnt be a hijabi woman on there whos bottom is being exposed

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The cartoon depicts Erdogan sitting in his underwear, drinking a beer, and lifting up a woman's hijab to expose her bare backside. Most Muslims consider drinking alcohol haram, or forbidden.

Your wrong there If it was just targeted as erdogan there wouldnt be a hijabi woman on there whos bottom is being exposed
    I still don't understand which part of that is anti-Muslim. There was no Quran or Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) or a mosque etc.

There was Erdogan and a woman who could be anybody. Even the Burqa is not an Islam-recommended dress. He was just holding a black sipper - it could be Pepsi. Anyway Erdogan chugging beer in a fictional cartoon should have nothing to do with 1 billion other Muslims.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand which part of that is anti-Muslim. There was no Quran or Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) or a mosque etc.

There was Erdogan and a woman who could be anybody. Even the Burqa is not an Islam-recommended dress. He was just holding a black sipper - it could be Pepsi. Anyway Erdogan chugging beer in a fictional cartoon should have nothing to do with 1 billion other Muslims.
    Now you will tell us that the dress in that cartoon wasn't meant to depict a muslim woman because it isnt an "Islam-recommended" dress.
    Which part of "it was a vulgar attack on stereotype muslim women" dont you understand? I cannot believe to what lengths hindus will go to support anti-muslim stuff.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Now you will tell us that the dress in that cartoon wasn't meant to depict a muslim woman because it isnt an "Islam-recommended" dress.
    Which part of "it was a vulgar attack on stereotype muslim women" dont you understand? I cannot believe to what lengths hindus will go to support anti-muslim stuff.
    So only the dress is the problem element then?

Seriously, you're coming across like any cartoon anywhere will offend you.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So only the dress is the problem element then?
    Yes the dress is a problem.

Seriously, you're coming across like any cartoon anywhere will offend you.
    This statement is strange.
    1) "Any" cartoon doesnt offend me. I have a cartoon as my profile picture.
    2) All the cartoons against muslims will offend me but i wouldnt care much to react on most of them. They wont draw similar reactions from me and my reaction will depend on how emotional i am about the subject.
    3) I am not asking for a global boycott of the French over this particular cartoon even though i do feel it is offensive towards muslims.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes the dress is a problem.
    Okay, let's agree to disagree there. IMO the burqa is Arab culture and not particularly Muslim code - we don't see Indians/Pakistanis/Moroccans/Indonesians wear it, and many in these countries are Muslim.

So if anything, the cartoon is inaccurate - the Turks as far as I know don't wear that either.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The dress is lifted to reveal the woman's bare bottom with Erdogan exclaiming "Ooh! le prophet!"

Do you really need this spelled out again?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Okay, let's agree to disagree there. IMO the burqa is Arab culture and not particularly Muslim code - we don't see Indians/Pakistanis/Moroccans/Indonesians wear it, and many in these countries are Muslim.

So if anything, the cartoon is inaccurate - the Turks as far as I know don't wear that either.
    You are trying very hard here. Muslim women in all those countries wear it. If you havent seen it doesnt mean they dont. I cannot believe you havent seen Indian muslim women in burkhas and similar clothing.

And are you telling me, hand on heart, that you dont believe it was a stereotype of a muslim woman in that cartoon?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its blatant to any rational person whos seen the pic that the woman is a muslim female by virtue of the dress shes depicted in

If you cant see that then your need your eyes checking

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The dress is lifted to reveal the woman's bare bottom with Erdogan exclaiming "Ooh! le prophet!"

Do you really need this spelled out again?
    Looks like hes does Hes not being very clever tbh

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Simplified for those who still aren't getting it:

Bare backside --------> le prophet

Now I'm sure there are more graphic terms for a bare backside which I can't use here but hopefully that helps.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You are trying very hard here. Muslim women in all those countries wear it. If you havent seen it doesnt mean they dont. I cannot believe you havent seen Indian muslim women in burkhas and similar clothing.

And are you telling me, hand on heart, that you dont believe it was a stereotype of a muslim woman in that cartoon?
    Don't know why muslims engage hindus on these topics, when either they don't get it, or just having fun by pretending to not understand.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Okay fine, if it offends you, it offends you. Who am I to argue?

But how about this? Ignore it. This Charlie Hebdo magazine is petrol and you're providing the flames. They're then dancing around the bonfire and chuckling in glee as cash registers and TV cameras whirr in the background. Stop the chain - we know they aren't going to halt publishing the next edition of their magnum opus of religious offensiveness, so please do your part and don't offer them the publicity by being e-outraged. It's clearly not working.

Also have second thoughts about that chap Erdogan. What makes me think part of the offense is because you consider him some messiah and he was part of the cartoon as well.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anddd...muslims continue to freak out about cartoons. Ridiculous.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

But how about this? Ignore it. This Charlie Hebdo magazine is petrol and you're providing the flames. They're then dancing around the bonfire and chuckling in glee as cash registers and TV cameras whirr in the background. Stop the chain - we know they aren't going to halt publishing the next edition of their magnum opus of religious offensiveness, so please do your part and don't offer them the publicity by being e-outraged. It's clearly not working.

Also have second thoughts about that chap Erdogan. What makes me think part of the offense is because you consider him some messiah and he was part of the cartoon as well.
    Varun

I agree with you 100% on Muslims giving so much importance to Hebdo.

But Muslims are humans - if this was a one off then its fine but keeps on happening again and again.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Personally I could care less if Hebdo is making money or dancing with delight. They did what they felt was right, so did Macron and Erdogan. Few people are dead, I guess that we can chalk it down to collateral damage...but hey Charlie Hebdo is chuckling and dancing.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Varun

I agree with you 100% on Muslims giving so much importance to Hebdo.

But Muslims are humans - if this was a one off then its fine but keeps on happening again and again.
    Yep. It takes two to tango and Hebdo also better get a grip. I don't know what their ulterior motives are: are they purely a business minded organization or are they funded by some nationalist European groups under the table? Needs to be researched.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    This is what Erdogan is up against

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  27.0 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont understand where the line is and why the west determines where it is?

Shall we Just let Hebdo do what they like Macron can say what he likes Edogan and Imran can say what they like Joe bloggs from nice can do what he likes

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are in for a bit of surprise if you think Trump is going to leave quietly. He is likely going to lose on Tuesday but I highly doubt he will just peacefully walk out when the time comes.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just saw the Erdogan cartoon. If that is what they made for Erdogan I can't imagine what they did for Prophet PBUH.

Truly disgusting, what's even more disgusting is that such crass material can get published in mainstream media. I guess in France it must be ok to lift women's skirts while they are walking down the streets. Seems like a part of their culture.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

Up against what? Erdogan is a war criminal who has killed far more Muslims than Macron has.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This shows how theres one rule for some n another for muslims and islam

I cant see these sort of rhetoric being brazenly published or allowed against any other religion or its followers

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shows how theres one rule for some n another for muslims and islam

I cant see these sort of rhetoric being brazenly published or allowed against any other religion or its followers
    It's free speech protected by constitutions

No problem with me on "allowing" part cause if you don't allow this sooner or later other basic freedoms will start to go haywire

It must be protected at all costs if not than it sets a bad precedence

but gov should Criticize it like they do with white supremacy and other hateful things

Allow it but don't take sides and criticize it

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Up against what? Erdogan is a war criminal who has killed far more Muslims than Macron has.
    Maybe its the fact that these kind of posters are being allowed against muslims while this will be considered hate speech and incitement to violence if it was done against others?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    It's free speech protected by constitutions

No problem with me on "allowing" part cause if you don't allow this sooner or later other basic freedoms will start to go haywire

It must be protected at all costs if not than it sets a bad precedence

but gov should Criticize it like they do with white supremacy and other hateful things

Allow it but don't take sides and criticize it
    Allow hate speech?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow hate speech?
    You can only mock. You cannot be allowed to preach hatred and egg people into killing others because of political, sexual or religious differences.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow hate speech?
    100% allow it and every kind of hate speech should be allowed

That's the basic principle/ideology of western (from an American presepective) laws/ constitution

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    100% allow it and every kind of hate speech should be allowed

That's the basic principle/ideology of western (from an American presepective) laws/ constitution
    Is it now? Can you deny the holocaust? Can you spew venom against the LGBTQ community in open? Why doesnt anyone use derogatory terminology for black people and mock their slave history?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    You can only mock. You cannot be allowed to preach hatred and egg people into killing others because of political, sexual or religious differences.
    What will a far right white extremist think when he sees the hashtag #stopIslam ? Do you consider it incitement to violence or is something saffron coloured blinding you from seeing it as such?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it now? Can you deny the holocaust? Can you spew venom against the LGBTQ community in open? Why doesnt anyone use derogatory terminology for black people and mock their slave history?
    can do all of it in the states you'll get hate but its not unlawful and that's what I want Europe to do

their selective freedom of Speech is wrong

but instead of banning this hate speech (like what people on PP are purposing) I believe open other hate speech laws

That's why I am defending his right to tweet hateful stuff

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why is Erdogan being made to look like some leader of Islam anyway?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was saying go and kill the extremists Muslims that's inciting violence's and he should be jailed for it

but his criticism should not be illegal

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he was saying go and kill the extremists Muslims that's inciting violence's and he should be jailed for it

but his criticism should not be illegal
    Hes inciting hate by saying stop islam and having a dark devil like figure and associating this and terror it with islam and erdogan

Its pretty blatantly a hate poster in most people eyes