User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"The future of Haider Ali and Abdullah Shafique is very bright" : Babar Azam

Babar Azam in his presser

"In T20Is you have to play quick and take decisions at a fast pace, but in ODIs you get a little more time; This is my first ODI series as a captain and I will try to use the experience that I have gained from T20Is"

"My philosophy is that if you support and back your guys, then those players will give their 110% effort so that the team gets good results"

"The future of Haider Ali and Abdullah Shafique is very bright and I do like both of these players; Both play with different techniques"

"Haider Ali plays an in aggressive way and his aim is to play with a good strike rate"

"Abdullah Shafique takes a little time initially but once he is set, he plays his natural game and does his best to dominate the bowlers"

"Both may have different techniques but in my view all youngsters that we have are outstanding; I will do my best to back them, and to pass on all that I have learnt from my seniors"

"Whether I am playing a domestic or club game, there is always pressure on you as a batsman regardless of how well you have performed before; But on the day when you play, there are always some nerves which need to be overcome; I have belief in my strengths and back myself and the idea is to play my natural game; The idea is for me to play as long as possible in an innings and let others build their innings around me"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Babar and Misbah are full of oxymoron statements

If there futures are so bright why are they not been given a proper chance?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why arent they playing against Zimbabwe. Why are the likes of Chacha Ifti, Abid Ali in the ODI team?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yet you wasted the Bangladesh series and the first two T20Is vs England on likes of Iftikhar Ahmed and Shoaib Malik.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should be saying the future's bright for Iftikhar Ahmed, Abid Ali, Hafeez etc.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since there the future of Pakistan, surely you would expect them to play.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stupid statement I will back then yet they ain't in the 15 man squad haider should have been in the squad 100 percent

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Babar isn't going to take any risks on the selection. He's new to captaincy and he'll try and select the players who have been regulars for years just so he can win the series especially since he was feeling the heat in the T20 series against England. Maybe after a series under his belt, he may take more risks with selections

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2069 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    They should have thrown both into the first ODI.

Give them the vote of confidence, boost their confidence - there's nothing to lose.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    They should have thrown both into the first ODI.

Give them the vote of confidence, boost their confidence - there's nothing to lose.
    Exactly, itís quite scary that weíre playing a full strength side against Zimbabwe while England and Sri Lanka both played B string teams against us.

Speaks volumes about where we stand.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Babar will be soft Captain - you can take it from me. He is basically using his charm & fan favourite image here to cover up for his Coach & Selectors - won’t be surprised if he was given the script to read out.

Bottom line is PAK will play Abid, Wahab, MoHa, Iftekhar, Imad, Haris Sohail to bash ZIM in LO series and Babar is talking sweet here with future dreams - it works well. None of these players have any role to play in 2023 WC - or other way, if average 35-42 years old; officially that is, players still command roles in 2023 WC for PAK, then we should all start singing - Pakistan Zindabad, Larke Lenge World Cup......

In reality, he should have torn down that list and tell them that I want Haider, Shafique, Gohar, Talat, Hasnain, Khusdil, Haris, Saud, Rizwan, Shaheen & may be Yamin & Ruhail in my squad - rest you can fill up. To be very honest - Babar is more important for this bankrupt PAK side than what Inzi was 15 years back or Zaheer 45 years back. He should know his leverage & be stubborn with his power play, for the right reasons.
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 10:11.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Babar will be soft Captain - you can take it from me. He is basically using his charm & fan favourite image here to cover up for his Coach & Selectors - won’t be surprised if he was given the script to read out.

Bottom line is PAK will play Abid, Wahab, MoHa, Iftekhar, Imad, Haris Sohail to bash ZIM in LO series and Babar is talking sweet here with future dreams - it works well. None of these players have any role to play in 2023 WC - or other way, if average 35-42 years old; officially that is, players still command roles in 2023 WC for PAK, then we should all start singing - Pakistan Zindabad, Larke Lenge World Cup......

In reality, he should have torn down that list and tell them that I want Haider, Shafique, Gohar, Talat, Hasnain, Khusdil, Haris, Saud, Rizwan, Shaheen & may be Yamin & Ruhail in my squad - rest you can fill up. To be very honest - Babar is more important for this bankrupt PAK side than what Inzi was 15 years back or Zaheer 45 years back. He should know his leverage & be stubborn with his power play, for the right reasons.
    Exactly, hes either a dummy captain or a insecure one

Either doesnt bode well for pakistan
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 10:11.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even if he is soft , do u think he can raise voice against this stubborn Misbah and Waqar. These two are a nuisance to any Pak team, as they think they are the bosses and Expect captains To be Yes man
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 10:12.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes yes that is why you as captain have not much of a say in selecting an XI of 15 man squad for the first ODI and Misbah runs the show and benches Abdullah and Haider.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Yes yes that is why you as captain have not much of a say in selecting an XI of 15 man squad for the first ODI and Misbah runs the show and benches Abdullah and Haider.
    Qadir in squad babar favourite

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Qadir in squad babar favourite
    Babar and him are quite good friends I know.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did babar select qadir in the 15 or misbah ?
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 10:12.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Even if he is soft , do u think he can raise voice against this stubborn Misbah and Waqar. These two are a nuisance to any Pak team, as they think they are the bosses and Expect captains To be Yes man
    Actually he can speak against them if he wants, he has the power to do so now because he is way more important to the team than they are.
    Last edited by The Viper; 30th October 2020 at 06:56.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Babar are probably thinking the last we tested our bench strength we were whitewashed by SL reserves.

They also said we don't know much about these ZIM players so we have to be careful. He's probably having flashbacks of the test match they lost to ZIM even with guys like Younis, Asad, Ajmal, Junaid, Azhar, and captain Misbah himself.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then why are we not playing them, Babar?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Actually he can speak against them if he wants, he has the power to do so now because he is way more important to the team than they are.
    Trust me if you see Babar you'll know he can't speak up to any one.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Exactly, hes either a dummy captain or a insecure one

Either doesnt bode well for pakistan
    Babar sounds like azhar ali with these comments. Also if you read between the lines Babar doesn't want to risk losing and getting criticized. 🤦🏽*♂️ Just play the youngster and if you lose you lose. Watch they give these young lads debut against Australia in Australia but give these seniors easy home tour against a weak Zimbabwe team to perform. 🤦🏽*♂️ Crazy decision by Misbah. Haider looks like a prime time player ready to explode onto the scene. What better debut for him then at home against an avg team. Bewilderment! Confusion and pure disgust by Misbah the selector!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that you want to win the series first, but if you don't try out new players vs teams like Zimbabwe then you'll potentially end up in 'Musa Khan test debut vs Australia in Australia' types of situations later down the road.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Trust me if you see Babar you'll know he can't speak up to any one.
    I know its not his personality, but all I'm saying is if he wants to, he can do it lol

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    To all^^

Babar will lead PAK in next two ICC WCs, in two formats - if he wants to prolong that to number three, heíll need to stand firm.

Conflict is better than compromise - if he doesnít stand up right now, against ZIM at home, which is almost given 6-0; do you guys realise what these people will do to him after SENA tour or if somehow there is IND-PAK series?

What I have written is quite logical - I am the Captain & I deserve to build my team for 2023 WC.... I want players whom I am confident with. Unfortunately, if Babar canít realise that in March-April weather 40+ brigade wonít last 10 games in 35 days, then he is not fit for leading PAK - he might be the best player.

In that mix, if itís Usman Qadir that is his preferred one, we will have to give him that - after all itís his neck on the chopping block.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To all^^

Babar will lead PAK in next two ICC WCs, in two formats - if he wants to prolong that to number three, heíll need to stand firm.

Conflict is better than compromise - if he doesnít stand up right now, against ZIM at home, which is almost given 6-0; do you guys realise what these people will do to him after SENA tour or if somehow there is IND-PAK series?

What I have written is quite logical - I am the Captain & I deserve to build my team for 2023 WC.... I want players whom I am confident with. Unfortunately, if Babar canít realise that in March-April weather 40+ brigade wonít last 10 games in 35 days, then he is not fit for leading PAK - he might be the best player.

In that mix, if itís Usman Qadir that is his preferred one, we will have to give him that - after all itís his neck on the chopping block.
    While I agree with that, its just not realistically going to happen, the coach builds the team in Pakistan, right now our ODI team is still in a better state only because of the team Mickey built, otherwise we all know the chopping and changing that happened before his tenure.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah now I understand what he meant. He said future. Which in our terms means once they ready 30+ in age.
    Never thought we would get to this point of fearing a poor Zimbabwe side playing at home. This isn't even the Zimbabwe that used to have the likes of Andy Flower at its peak.
    Really sad and dissapointing.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali included in the 2nd ODI 15-man squad, but still no Abdullah Shafique. When will be a better time to give him a chance in ODI cricket?

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Haider Ali included in the 2nd ODI 15-man squad, but still no Abdullah Shafique. When will be a better time to give him a chance in ODI cricket?
    They might give him a go in the 3rd ODI (hopefully)

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider's technique is very loose on the offstump. He needs to get slightly more side on or he will keep nicking off.
    Yousuf needs to take notice of this.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he debut today or won't....if yes than at what position...deri no.5 ...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haider will surely play with Haris out.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    He should have played in the qaid e azam he would have learnt more their he will proberly play the 3rd odi

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Haider's technique is very loose on the offstump. He needs to get slightly more side on or he will keep nicking off.
    Yousuf needs to take notice of this.
    Hes got good stats in doesmtic he is attacking Bateman so he will occasionally get out playing loose

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Will he debut today or won't....if yes than at what position...deri no.5 ...
    Most likely 4 or 5 should be opening thou

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes got good stats in doesmtic he is attacking Bateman so he will occasionally get out playing loose
    Playing loose, and having a loose technique are different things, and in Haider's case, he has a loose technique.
    He has a fantastic temperament which has allowed him to score runs inspite of that in the last domestic season.
    However, this flaw will be exposed when he is up against the top bowlers who can generate bounce and take it away from him.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing loose, and having a loose technique are different things, and in Haider's case, he has a loose technique.
    He has a fantastic temperament which has allowed him to score runs inspite of that in the last domestic season.
    However, this flaw will be exposed when he is up against the top bowlers who can generate bounce and take it away from him.
    I disagree I think even with the (loose technique you stated) he will stil score runs similarly to sehwag in odis.look at roy in tests his technique got exposed but in odis he didnt as its not a must other factors need to be taken into consideration like hand eye co ordination

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree I think even with the (loose technique you stated) he will stil score runs similarly to sehwag in odis.look at roy in tests his technique got exposed but in odis he didnt as its not a must other factors need to be taken into consideration like hand eye co ordination
    So you want him to be a failure in tests like Roy or ftb like Sehwag?
    With the kind of reactions he has to the ball, he has the potential to be an ATG, but for that he needs to tighten his technique. Simple as.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you want him to be a failure in tests like Roy or ftb like Sehwag?
    With the kind of reactions he has to the ball, he has the potential to be an ATG, but for that he needs to tighten his technique. Simple as.
    Did I say that? My point is technique is good to have but doesnt mean you will fail.has younis Khan got the best technique has chanderpaul got the best technique.answer is no but yet they scored loads of runs.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not bright as long as Misbah is around.