[PICTURES] Haris Rauf's performance in ODIs


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 103
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    [PICTURES] Haris Rauf's performance in ODIs




    Name:  1858cd84-76e3-4adb-8341-49ced57caf20.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  145.4 KBName:  493d039d-df84-4e91-bc50-afe8e78c4421.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  165.1 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Lahore: Lahore Qalandars, the most active franchise of Pakistan Super League, is excited on ODI debut of Haris Rauf.

    Rauf, Qalandars own product, was presented ODI cap ahead of Pakistan’s 1st ODI against Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi on Friday.

    “Its a proud moment for Qalandars family to see Haris making ODI debut. From appearing in trials for PDP to become a global superstar, his journey with Qalandars is an example,” said Sameen Rana, the COO of Lahore Qalandars.

    “His success shows what a player can achieve if a proper pathway is provided to him,” Mr Rana added.

    It is worth mentioning that Haris was first picked by Qalandars during PDP trials in Gujranwala in 2017 after he impressed everyone with his pace.

    He was quickly signed by the franchise and sent to Australia for further training and playing opportunities.

    “We have made it our mission to create our own superstars and Haris is one of them, we are proud of him,” Mr Rana added.

    Qalandars’ director of cricket, Aqib Javed praised Haris for his hard, along with contribution by Qalandars, for the growth of the fast bowler.

    “As franchise, we provide you opportunity, we provide you pathway and give you the support you want but when you are in middle, the only thing you have with you is your hard work and performance,” Aqib mentioned.

    “While we provided him the opportunity and pathway, it was him who responded to it positively and worked hard. His success is a testament to our player development program,” Aqib Javed added


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,534
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope heís given the new ball alongside Shaheen.

    He was shaping the ball away beautifully during the National T20 cup.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lahore: Lahore Qalandars, the most active franchise of Pakistan Super League, is excited on ODI debut of Haris Rauf.

    Rauf, Qalandars own product, was presented ODI cap ahead of Pakistan’s 1st ODI against Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi on Friday.

    “Its a proud moment for Qalandars family to see Haris making ODI debut. From appearing in trials for PDP to become a global superstar, his journey with Qalandars is an example,” said Sameen Rana, the COO of Lahore Qalandars.

    “His success shows what a player can achieve if a proper pathway is provided to him,” Mr Rana added.

    It is worth mentioning that Haris was first picked by Qalandars during PDP trials in Gujranwala in 2017 after he impressed everyone with his pace.

    He was quickly signed by the franchise and sent to Australia for further training and playing opportunities.

    “We have made it our mission to create our own superstars and Haris is one of them, we are proud of him,” Mr Rana added.

    Qalandars’ director of cricket, Aqib Javed praised Haris for his hard, along with contribution by Qalandars, for the growth of the fast bowler.

    “As franchise, we provide you opportunity, we provide you pathway and give you the support you want but when you are in middle, the only thing you have with you is your hard work and performance,” Aqib mentioned.

    “While we provided him the opportunity and pathway, it was him who responded to it positively and worked hard. His success is a testament to our player development program,” Aqib Javed added
    Success has many fathers....


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    1,708
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is this even a question at this point? Every year we ask ourselves the same question and the result is always the same. Especially over the past decade.

    Misbah was chosen as a stop gap captain, a stabilizing figure after the spot fixing fiasco.

    Ever since then we have been losing, some matches dues to ineptness, the talent and skill level of the team was above avg at best.

    But as soon as we saw our main attacking bowlers get called for cheating i.e. ajmal and hafeez chucking

    Misbah has had no awnsers for anything. Infact the only reason we won was because of ajmals bowling. Otherwise misbah would be the worst captain of all time.

    This guy has a loser mentality. And this isnt jusr now its been like this since the begining. Misbah was chosen to play back in the early 2000s but got caught drinking in New Zealand on his FIRST tour.

    If he was a winner he wouldve focused on his career, after the 2007 t20 WC final and his low iq shot hes been losing.
    He decided to burn his KIT because he is a loser.

    Now we see him as a coach, with zero merit chosen because he is Imrans relative. He brings that same losers mentality with him.

    He just dose not know how to mould a winning team. On top of that he clearly has been chosing his friends in the team sincw the begining.

    Give a little bit of power to a loser and somehow he will find a way to abuse it

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Success has many fathers....
    Well, it is an injustice to say this to the LQ gang. It is them who took Haris from the streets when he hadn't even played red ball cricket. They coached him, trained him and sent him to Australia for 2 consecutive years.
    After the Almighty, Haris's career is to their credit.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Well, it is an injustice to say this to the LQ gang. It is them who took Haris from the streets when he hadn't even played red ball cricket. They coached him, trained him and sent him to Australia for 2 consecutive years.
    After the Almighty, Haris's career is to their credit.
    Do you think they would be saying this if he had not succeeded? That's my point.

    Haris is a success for Pakistan.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not going too well at the moment for Haris.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His run up is too short, and that means he lacks rhythm when hits the crease. Its early days and he will learn quickly, if he doesn't and there are 4 balls available every over, he will be a T20 bowler for the rest of his career.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    179,158
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Do you think they would be saying this if he had not succeeded? That's my point.

    Haris is a success for Pakistan.
    Sorry let me also add - I have no qualms in accepting LQ's involvement in Haris's progress - I just don't like chest thumping for success only.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    95,631
    Mentioned
    7775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    The second coming of Wahab is living up to his name.

    Anyone who thinks this boundary machine is going to have a stellar international career is setting himself up for disappointment.

    He will get hammered by great batsmen 9/10 times.

    I repeat - Pakistan has only one good fast bowler and his name is Shaheen.

    Everyone else is an overhyped product of desperation and delusion.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    35,046
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The second coming of Wahab is living up to his name.

    Anyone who thinks this boundary machine is going to have a stellar international career is setting himself up for disappointment.

    He will get hammered by great batsmen 9/10 times.

    I repeat - Pakistan has only one good fast bowler and his name is Shaheen.

    Everyone else is an overhyped product of desperation and delusion.
    And even he is being over used/over played so early on in his career.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    35,046
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    His run up is too short, and that means he lacks rhythm when hits the crease. Its early days and he will learn quickly, if he doesn't and there are 4 balls available every over, he will be a T20 bowler for the rest of his career.
    Strange that Waqar being bowling coach has not picked up on this as he has been working with them in England now here. If a cricket follower like you can pick this up so quick then why not a bowling coach?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He’s bowled 3 overs.

    His career is over already according to some

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,700
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    He’s bowled 3 overs.

    His career is over already according to some
    I thought he was getting great shape. Nervous no doubt but control will come.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I thought he was getting great shape. Nervous no doubt but control will come.
    I would rather he get smashed and develop control through the understanding of the game than pick up cheap wickets early on and getting a false sense of belonging at this level.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    9,011
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Strange that Waqar being bowling coach has not picked up on this as he has been working with them in England now here. If a cricket follower like you can pick this up so quick then why not a bowling coach?
    Everyone knows that waqar has a poor eye for talent. He along with Misbah are extremely poor in terms of identifying talents and nourishing them. Players can look like million dollars worth in nets but fail miserably in the match which is due to lack of self belief, experience, match-time etc etc.

    They back inconsistency + poor talents. If Wahab with an avg of 35 can play till 35 yrs of age shows either they celebrate mediocrity or the bucket is empty.

    Haris rauf has played only 4 list-A matches so far and expectedly so getting hammered, which is quite obvious. But I didnít expect that to happen against Zimbabwe though.

    Reducing the no. of teams in domestics and we still play the same 11 , literally serves nothing to me.
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 30th October 2020 at 16:49.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a good start but it is only his first game I want to see more from him.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    9,011
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For a bowling mad country to be obsessed with the pace without control is very surprising.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to have control he bowl some good deliveries in between.....needs to correct his line....

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Strange that Waqar being bowling coach has not picked up on this as he has been working with them in England now here. If a cricket follower like you can pick this up so quick then why not a bowling coach?
    The short run ups a a legacy of tape ball cricket but he needs to increase it by around 5m.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I thought he was getting great shape. Nervous no doubt but control will come.
    The stats look much worse than what he bowled but he does bowl a 4 ball or 2 every over and with his lack of height and the lengths he bowls, that is not a good.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,700
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The stats look much worse than what he bowled but he does bowl a 4 ball or 2 every over and with his lack of height and the lengths he bowls, that is not a good.
    Agreed. But also, he just made his debut. Itís up to him how hard he works

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    7,658
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't look too much in stats unless I see a sample size of a dozen games.

    Overall I feel he is below Shaheen and Naseem who both are world class upper tier talents but he can play a good role as an enforcer third seamer if he can work on his fitness.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,700
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bowling beautifully now and no one to be found on this thread. Excellent control, people are forgetting he has barely ever bowled with the new ball in his life until one month ago. For now.

    Pleasure to watch.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,385
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What speed is he bowling at?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Abhi match chal raha hai. 8 runs in 18 balls in his second spell.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Bowling beautifully now and no one to be found on this thread. Excellent control, people are forgetting he has barely ever bowled with the new ball in his life until one month ago. For now.

    Pleasure to watch.
    There are some sorry posts by the usual suspects.
    Zindagi mein aaj tak ek ball nhin krwayi hogi, and they come in to declare fatwas on fast bowling.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    5,195
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    There are some sorry posts by the usual suspects.
    Zindagi mein aaj tak ek ball nhin krwayi hogi, and they come in to declare fatwas on fast bowling.
    Hahaha. Spot on.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    There are some sorry posts by the usual suspects.
    Zindagi mein aaj tak ek ball nhin krwayi hogi, and they come in to declare fatwas on fast bowling.
    Ask them to face Harris Rauf in nets for one ball and they will soil their pants at the suggestion


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Middle Overs Haris Rauf >>>>> Powerplay Haris Rauf

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,574
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    First 3 overs 30 runs
    Next 5 overs 16 runs.



  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better spell now....albeit he can be handy with new bowl too....need bit control

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,355
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not look like a good bowler against quality teams.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    4,655
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was a bit unlucky today
    Should have taken couple of wickets

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    751
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    What speed is he bowling at?
    137 to146kph

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    95,631
    Mentioned
    7775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Bowling beautifully now and no one to be found on this thread. Excellent control, people are forgetting he has barely ever bowled with the new ball in his life until one month ago. For now.

    Pleasure to watch.
    He will be 27 in a week and this is the first time he is bowling with the new ball in his life.

    See that is the problem. This is why he will never amount to anything at this level.

    A few series against the top sides and his career shall end.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,700
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He will be 27 in a week and this is the first time he is bowling with the new ball in his life.

    See that is the problem. This is why he will never amount to anything at this level.

    A few series against the top sides and his career shall end.
    He has been bowling with the hard ball for just two years and showed remarkable progression. And even though he is relatively older, he also has another 6-7 years in him.

    Letís wait a few years and see where we both are on this.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    4,655
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    He has been bowling with the hard ball for just two years and showed remarkable progression. And even though he is relatively older, he also has another 6-7 years in him.

    Letís wait a few years and see where we both are on this.
    3 icc events lined up for next 3 years
    If he delivers on these 3 stages
    I think that would be an achievement considering where he started from

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Does not look like a good bowler against quality teams.
    Early days, he will improve but whether he can improve enough to become a force is debatable

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,291
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It wasnt the best start but he came back well Just cant afford to give a boundary or two every over

    He has all the attributes to be a good bowler, pace swing and good yorker etc

    Just needs to work on improving his control

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,004
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day - none of them including Rauf is better than Hasan, who actually can bat a bit as well.

    All of them are fighting for the 3rd seemer's spot as new ball is the biggest burden in PAK bowling and one side is locked for new ball pair - they'll need to find one as none of Rauf, Wahab, Naseem or Faheem are good enough and preferably it should be a right arm pacer. Between Wahab, Rauf, Musa, Hasnain, Hasan, Faheem ... Hasan actually is by far better (at his peak & he is still relatively much younger than Wahab). The two pacers that could have partners Shaheen with new ball are Sohail Khan or Mo Amir - both are done.

    My wild horse for the new ball pair was Arshad, but guy didn't even make National T20 squads (I guess, can't recall his name) .....It has to be a fresh start for PAK new ball thinking - there must be some technical flaws in the system as a whole, otherwise can't be that every pacer bowls better with old ball.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His last 7 went for only 27 with 1 maiden.....that's pretty good.....if he improves his new bowl
    Bowling which he can.....he will be an asset

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    At the end of the day - none of them including Rauf is better than Hasan, who actually can bat a bit as well.

    All of them are fighting for the 3rd seemer's spot as new ball is the biggest burden in PAK bowling and one side is locked for new ball pair - they'll need to find one as none of Rauf, Wahab, Naseem or Faheem are good enough and preferably it should be a right arm pacer. Between Wahab, Rauf, Musa, Hasnain, Hasan, Faheem ... Hasan actually is by far better (at his peak & he is still relatively much younger than Wahab). The two pacers that could have partners Shaheen with new ball are Sohail Khan or Mo Amir - both are done.

    My wild horse for the new ball pair was Arshad, but guy didn't even make National T20 squads (I guess, can't recall his name) .....It has to be a fresh start for PAK new ball thinking - there must be some technical flaws in the system as a whole, otherwise can't be that every pacer bowls better with old ball.
    Akif Javed Arshad Iqbal Hasnain. RAuf it should be between them.....

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    30,004
    Mentioned
    2666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Akif Javed Arshad Iqbal Hasnain. RAuf it should be between them.....
    I read few days back some one taunting Wahab for Hasnain .... I said that time - incredible. One of our biggest failure here is that we failed to make our new generation understand cricket a bit better, which we learned from previous generation.

    Akif Javed isn't strong enough to sustain as a spearhead of the attack, and he doesn't bat - the day he plays his 10th Test, I'll definitely bump his thread to praise him. Shaping away with angle doesn't make left-arm pacers deadly, but it definitely looks great in camera.
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 20:42.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,355
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot become an international bowler from street cricket. Rauf is not an international material and will never be one. . He has some very basic fault , including runup and delivery action due to lack of proper cricket behind him and its too late to overcome those faults, he is not a teenager.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,137
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give him time but he definately struggled with the new ball

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I read few days back some one taunting Wahab for Hasnain .... I said that time - incredible. One of our biggest failures here is that we failed to make our new generation understand cricket a bit better, which we learned from previous generation.

    Akif Javed isn't strong enough to sustain as a spearhead of the attack, and he doesn't bat - the day he plays his 10th Test, I'll definitely bump his thread to praise him. Shaping away with angle doesn't make left-arm pacers deadly, but it definitely looks great in camera.
    With all respect to you, your evaluations on most of the bowlers is off.
    Most of these bowlers are extremely gifted and have raw ability. They just need a few tweaks, and some mileage under their legs and they will be extremely potent.
    Contrary to what you think, Akif has the ability to swing the ball back as well as go away.
    His problem is his straight run up and a lack of use of his front arm which means his inswing starts too straight.
    He needs to to say in his action for longer so that the movement is generated from the stumps.
    he is a top top talent.

    Rauf has an incredible outswinger and a very fast arm.
    He is a very good new ball bowler. His problem is his run up which lacks in rhythm by its design which means his rhythm doesnt happen for him automatically.
    The final few strides are also just too small which puts a lot of load on his body.

    If he can atleast get his strides sorted, he will be an extremely dangerous bowler.

    And naseem is much much better than what you think.
    He can bowl both swings, but his run up is too straight for a side on bowler. This means his outswing starts from 4th or 5th stump which is easy to manage.
    He needs a more angular run up and you will see a marked difference.
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 20:39.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The second coming of Wahab is living up to his name.

    Anyone who thinks this boundary machine is going to have a stellar international career is setting himself up for disappointment.

    He will get hammered by great batsmen 9/10 times.

    I repeat - Pakistan has only one good fast bowler and his name is Shaheen.

    Everyone else is an overhyped product of desperation and delusion.
    So he is the next Wahab Riaz who is still better than 95% of the Indian fast bowlers in the IPL....so he is on course to becoming world class?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    You cannot become an international bowler from street cricket. Rauf is not an international material and will never be one. . He has some very basic fault , including runup and delivery action due to lack of proper cricket behind him and its too late to overcome those faults, he is not a teenager.
    His delivery action is even better than Shaheen. He can probably pull his front arm better, but it is the run up that is the problem.

    And no his faults are not as big or irredeemable as you make it out to be. He also very much belongs to this level.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So he is the next Wahab Riaz who is still better than 95% of the Indian fast bowlers in the IPL....so he is on course to becoming world class?
    He is like Wahab, a guy who has never swung the new ball, and contrary to Rauf has a smooth run up.

    Just the audacity of the ill placed comparison.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,029
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    He is like Wahab, a guy who has never swung the new ball, and contrary to Rauf has a smooth run up.

    Just the audacity of the ill placed comparison.
    Brother, Harris was swinging the new ball in his first couple of overs. His radar was off and the extra pace in the power play didn’t go in his favour. I would still back him to pair with Shaheen. He looks like he has a natural out-swinger.

    I just want him to have the surprise in swinging delivery in his stock.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,385
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin786 View Post
    137 to146kph

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Brother, Harris was swinging the new ball in his first couple of overs. His radar was off and the extra pace in the power play didnít go in his favour. I would still back him to pair with Shaheen. He looks like he has a natural out-swinger.

    I just want him to have the surprise in swinging delivery in his stock.
    It was sarcasm, bro.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I read few days back some one taunting Wahab for Hasnain .... I said that time - incredible. One of our biggest failure here is that we failed to make our new generation understand cricket a bit better, which we learned from previous generation.

    Akif Javed isn't strong enough to sustain as a spearhead of the attack, and he doesn't bat - the day he plays his 10th Test, I'll definitely bump his thread to praise him. Shaping away with angle doesn't make left-arm pacers deadly, but it definitely looks great in camera.
    He has height and can swing it well....I think he along with Saheen and Yamin were only swinging the bowl albeit Rauf too....did....but Akif has that extra bounce which is a big plus......he needs to put on some mass otherwise his fragile body structure would again break down......plus he is 18 odd...which means he has lot to learn and plenty of room to improve.........

    Arshad on the contrary haven't played much domestics....I wish he played more first class..this will help him immensely .....Arshad needs to loose Wight
    And also need more domestic experience......

    Another pacer who can be good too is Zia ul Haq albeit he is leftie but he can be good too......

    Akif Javed...
    RAuf
    Hasnain.
    Arshad
    Zia....
    Musa

    This should be the bowlers who must be tried with new bowl
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th October 2020 at 20:40.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,682
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is just started bowling with the new ball professionally only this year consistently and I think next season he will get more control, some of his deliveries were unplayable for any batsmen in the world , 145k+ and swinging away from good length just out side the off stump , if he can consistently do that then he will be as good as Steyn in his prime, plus he can bowl Yorkers better than Steyn as well. Just needs accuracy and control which will come with time, he doesn't need brain to succeed either, just bowl 3 delivery like that at 140k+ in every over and mixing it up with toe crushing Yorker and big bouncer , that's the plan for every opener in the world and for his first 6 overs, he already know how to bowl in death so that base is covered. He can be fine Odi and T20 bowler.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,701
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    At the end of the day - none of them including Rauf is better than Hasan, who actually can bat a bit as well.

    All of them are fighting for the 3rd seemer's spot as new ball is the biggest burden in PAK bowling and one side is locked for new ball pair - they'll need to find one as none of Rauf, Wahab, Naseem or Faheem are good enough and preferably it should be a right arm pacer. Between Wahab, Rauf, Musa, Hasnain, Hasan, Faheem ... Hasan actually is by far better (at his peak & he is still relatively much younger than Wahab). The two pacers that could have partners Shaheen with new ball are Sohail Khan or Mo Amir - both are done.

    My wild horse for the new ball pair was Arshad, but guy didn't even make National T20 squads (I guess, can't recall his name) .....It has to be a fresh start for PAK new ball thinking - there must be some technical flaws in the system as a whole, otherwise can't be that every pacer bowls better with old ball.
    Arshad did make the squads, but he isn't a white ball bowler.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    95,631
    Mentioned
    7775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So he is the next Wahab Riaz who is still better than 95% of the Indian fast bowlers in the IPL....so he is on course to becoming world class?
    India have a better bowling attack today and they will have a better bowling attack for the foreseeable future.

    You can keep overrating these Naseems, Raufs, Hasnains etc. and make fun of the young Indians, but these young Indians will end up with better international careers as usual.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India have a better bowling attack today and they will have a better bowling attack for the foreseeable future.

    You can keep overrating these Naseems, Raufs, Hasnains etc. and make fun of the young Indians, but these young Indians will end up with better international careers as usual.
    Despandes........Arshdeepss.......Tyagiss...

    It will be better net bowlers correction needed

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,195
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India have a better bowling attack today and they will have a better bowling attack for the foreseeable future.

    You can keep overrating these Naseems, Raufs, Hasnains etc. and make fun of the young Indians, but these young Indians will end up with better international careers as usual.
    They have a better one today, for sure and I am a big fan of it.
    But for tomorrow, no.
    Telling you again, wake up. They say too many eggs are not good for the kidneys.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    24,217
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too early to form any judgement. He is a late boomer and has just gotten into Pak team. His career will depend upon how quickly he learns and develops. He has some decent traits which one tries to find in a fast bowler but, at the same time he definitely requires few tweaks and as said will have to develop fast to match others as he is not coming through grass root/domestic system.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,606
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Mohammad Sami

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Another Mohammad Sami
    If he hits those levels, I would be happy. Sami had a decent career as an ODI bowler.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India have a better bowling attack today and they will have a better bowling attack for the foreseeable future.

    You can keep overrating these Naseems, Raufs, Hasnains etc. and make fun of the young Indians, but these young Indians will end up with better international careers as usual.
    If you said this a few months, I would have agreed but The young Ind bowlers are going backwards quicker than the Italian navy in a war. And its not just the stats i am talking about, their actions are evolving badly. Tyagi chucks the ball at times and others will cotton on to that soon, and Mavi and Nagarkoti are lost.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,574
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    So overall:

    First 3 overs 30 runs
    Next 7 overs 27 runs.

    Pulled it back pretty well.

    There must have been some nerves out there which probably caused those horrible first 3 overs.

    I'm not sure Haris opening the bowling is the right call though.



  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    13,926
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first 3 overs was really poor no discipline at all but he showed open the bowling for the next 2 odis I wont judge him yet

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    99
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If you said this a few months, I would have agreed but The young Ind bowlers are going backwards quicker than the Italian navy in a war. And its not just the stats i am talking about, their actions are evolving badly. Tyagi chucks the ball at times and others will cotton on to that soon, and Mavi and Nagarkoti are lost.
    Mavi Nagarkoti are lost based on what?
    IPL?
    So these leagues are reflection of whats coming next?
    You call yourself a cricket fan?
    Wow!
    Surya Kumar Yadav wasn't selected for Indian loi side who did quite well for MI and has been quite consistent
    Indian selection doesn't come with IPL performance
    Mavi, Nagarkoti have recently restarted their career after long layoff(injury)
    They will judged on FCs,they will be sent on A tours,this is how we groom our guys not about some bubbly cricket

  68. #68
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    4,278
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If you said this a few months, I would have agreed but The young Ind bowlers are going backwards quicker than the Italian navy in a war. And its not just the stats i am talking about, their actions are evolving badly. Tyagi chucks the ball at times and others will cotton on to that soon, and Mavi and Nagarkoti are lost.
    Th thing with india is that we rarely produce a prodigious bowling talent(pacers to be specific) ,our bowlers mature with age like Sharma,Khan,Shami etc.I am sure when the time comes to take one of our aged pacer out of the team the young ones would have matured.

    As for pakistan,their bowlers rely more on natural prodigious talent which sadly they aren’t producing much these days(except shaheen,and even he isnt a wasim or waqar level freak).Most of the successfull pakistani pacers were generally prodigies.
    The hard working types become domestic cricket legend while the team management decides to blood in what they think is the next akram or waqar sadly to their disappointment .
    Rinse and repeat.
    Pakistan needs to accept that the wasim waqar era is gone and they no longer have that quality,they have the resources to produce 2 or three 28 -30 averaging bowler but they are going after someone who they think can average in low 20s again to their disappointment .

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,370
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ufcfan View Post
    Mavi Nagarkoti are lost based on what?
    IPL?
    So these leagues are reflection of whats coming next?
    You call yourself a cricket fan?
    Wow!
    Surya Kumar Yadav wasn't selected for Indian loi side who did quite well for MI and has been quite consistent
    Indian selection doesn't come with IPL performance
    Mavi, Nagarkoti have recently restarted their career after long layoff(injury)
    They will judged on FCs,they will be sent on A tours,this is how we groom our guys not about some bubbly cricket
    They look poor and confused. The zip has gone and in the case of Mavi, his action has changed for the worse. Tyagi is another going Southwards but he will come back, even if he is one whose action is dubious at times.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,355
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rauf gaves at least two lose deliveries in an over and that is enough for any good batman to make 8-10 runs an over.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,291
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    So overall:

    First 3 overs 30 runs
    Next 7 overs 27 runs.

    Pulled it back pretty well.

    There must have been some nerves out there which probably caused those horrible first 3 overs.

    I'm not sure Haris opening the bowling is the right call though.
    He did swing the ball up front tho and does it consistently so must get the new ball

    His radar was well off tho and you will go for plenty if your control isnt there He needs to improve this

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,574
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A reminder - this was his ODI debut.

    Yes he has played a few T20Is but I'm certain there will have been a lot of nerves out there.

    Let's see how he goes - way too early to write him off just yet.



  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,322
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Th thing with india is that we rarely produce a prodigious bowling talent(pacers to be specific) ,our bowlers mature with age like Sharma,Khan,Shami etc.I am sure when the time comes to take one of our aged pacer out of the team the young ones would have matured.

    As for pakistan,their bowlers rely more on natural prodigious talent which sadly they aren’t producing much these days(except shaheen,and even he isnt a wasim or waqar level freak).Most of the successfull pakistani pacers were generally prodigies.
    The hard working types become domestic cricket legend while the team management decides to blood in what they think is the next akram or waqar sadly to their disappointment .
    Rinse and repeat.
    Pakistan needs to accept that the wasim waqar era is gone and they no longer have that quality,they have the resources to produce 2 or three 28 -30 averaging bowler but they are going after someone who they think can average in low 20s again to their disappointment .
    26-29 in this era is equivalent to 20-24 of the pre 2010 era. Bowlers are better than ever.

    Teams especially home teams doctor pitches to suit their own bowling especially Australia and South Africa.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled some real rippers today. Pace, bounce and movement were all visible at points during his 10 overs.

    The potential is definitely there. Can Waqar get the best out of him?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,224
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Th thing with india is that we rarely produce a prodigious bowling talent(pacers to be specific) ,our bowlers mature with age like Sharma,Khan,Shami etc.I am sure when the time comes to take one of our aged pacer out of the team the young ones would have matured.

    As for pakistan,their bowlers rely more on natural prodigious talent which sadly they aren’t producing much these days(except shaheen,and even he isnt a wasim or waqar level freak).Most of the successfull pakistani pacers were generally prodigies.
    The hard working types become domestic cricket legend while the team management decides to blood in what they think is the next akram or waqar sadly to their disappointment .
    Rinse and repeat.
    Pakistan needs to accept that the wasim waqar era is gone and they no longer have that quality,they have the resources to produce 2 or three 28 -30 averaging bowler but they are going after someone who they think can average in low 20s again to their disappointment .
    Rubbish. Pakistan lost a decade of pace bowling due to the period we slogged around in the UAE, and relied primarily on Ajmal, Afridi, Rehman, Yasir and Hafeez to win us games. Someone like Razzaq used to lead the bowling attack at times, that's how dire things became. It did not help that our two best pace bowlers, in fact two of the best in the world at the time, went and got themselves banned for spot-fixing. Any other country would have struggled aswell under the circumstances.

    This current batch is the first time we have had atleast four decent proper pace bowling options since 2009, and while they are not anywhere near freak levels of Wasim and Waqar, they have it in them to be successful international cricketers provided they work hard on their game.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2020
    Runs
    66
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Th thing with india is that we rarely produce a prodigious bowling talent(pacers to be specific) ,our bowlers mature with age like Sharma,Khan,Shami etc.I am sure when the time comes to take one of our aged pacer out of the team the young ones would have matured.

    As for pakistan,their bowlers rely more on natural prodigious talent which sadly they arenít producing much these days(except shaheen,and even he isnt a wasim or waqar level freak).Most of the successfull pakistani pacers were generally prodigies.
    The hard working types become domestic cricket legend while the team management decides to blood in what they think is the next akram or waqar sadly to their disappointment .
    Rinse and repeat.
    Pakistan needs to accept that the wasim waqar era is gone and they no longer have that quality,they have the resources to produce 2 or three 28 -30 averaging bowler but they are going after someone who they think can average in low 20s again to their disappointment .

    pAkIsTaN nEEds tO AccEpT WaSim-WaqaR ERa iS gOne

    first of all. no country has been able to produce bowlers of their caliber since years. Our bowling department is flooded with 30 avg bowlers that can change to a good 27-28. Which is literally most of indians bowlers average which india has been ranting are world class rn

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    6,322
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yxsr View Post
    pAkIsTaN nEEds tO AccEpT WaSim-WaqaR ERa iS gOne

    first of all. no country has been able to produce bowlers of their caliber since years. Our bowling department is flooded with 30 avg bowlers that can change to a good 27-28. Which is literally most of indians bowlers average which india has been ranting are world class rn
    Loooooooooooooooooool.....different era bro.

    Time has changed. Odi now is batsman friendly. Bowler averaging 25-28 would easily be equal to 21-24 in pre 2010 era.

    Same applies to tests. pitches are being doctored to suit home teams especially saffers and Aussies. Kings of doctoring pitches. Yet they will blame others ROFL.

    So yes the Indian Pacers are world class.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a thread about Haris Rauf....I don't know y some posters are bringing Tom Dick Harry here....it's about RAUF THE HARIS RAUF.....

    it's understood having some good bowlers have gone to the head of our parosis.....it's natural....but already there is too much of junk in this and many thread which don't have any relation with thread title...


    I for matter don't visit IPL match and player pages....bcoz i don't watch it that often but
    Yes I post on IPL PSL threads bcoz i can post
    Something relevant..

    Posters need to understand that without India and without playing India cricket can continue in most part of the world...

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,751
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is his first ever ODI match and he has been bowling with new ball only for months.....give him a break.....if at all anything to be fixed in team it's the batting....lack of intent selfishness.......which they inherited from Misbah &co.....

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar doing the Punjab politics by keeping Hussain out .this Rauf is a Tapia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •