Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Misbah-ul-Haq resign as Head Coach?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he should resign

    13 86.67%
  • No he should stay in the role

    2 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 183
  1. #81
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    12,608
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    Misbah is paid 2.8 million rupees a month-this wasn't a cost cutting decision.
    Probably still less than what they have to pay to a qualified foreigner. Also Misbah did two jobs.

    Misbah is lucky that they have to play SA shortly otherwise he wouldn't have survived this humiliation.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I thought Misbah as head coach was getting paid the same as Mickey Arthur

    That peeved me off the most! How does the guy get a same remuneration deal as a international coach who now has coached 3 Test nations (before Sri Lanka) whereas Misbah had only coached Islamabad United for 1 season prior to his appointment
    Yes this is true. It is not a cost cutting decision.

    Wasim Khan is complicit and needs to go too

  3. #83
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,067
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Probably still less than what they have to pay to a qualified foreigner. Also Misbah did two jobs.
    If I am not wrong he is paid the same amount of money as Mickey Arther. Not sure how much change is there in comparison to when he was CS too.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    Misbah is paid 2.8 million rupees a month-this wasn't a cost cutting decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I thought Misbah as head coach was getting paid the same as Mickey Arthur

    That peeved me off the most! How does the guy get a same remuneration deal as a international coach who now has coached 3 Test nations (before Sri Lanka) whereas Misbah had only coached Islamabad United for 1 season prior to his appointment

    According to reports, Mickey was getting paid $20,000 a month to do one job.
    Misbah offered to do three jobs in about the same price.
    This is how he got his foot in the door.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    According to reports, Mickey was getting paid $20,000 a month to do one job.
    Misbah offered to do three jobs in about the same price.
    2 of which he doesn't do anymore...

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    30,086
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    According to reports, Mickey was getting paid $20,000 a month to do one job.
    Misbah offered to do three jobs in about the same price.
    This is how he got his foot in the door.
    Dumb move

    Kanjoosi will be the death of our people! The same management didn’t want to cough up the money to hire a chartered plain to NZ and sent the boys on a round the world trip of 2-3 transit flights with other passengers to NZ.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 28th December 2020 at 05:59.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The "Moh@li@r" living up to his legacy

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,067
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    According to reports, Mickey was getting paid $20,000 a month to do one job.
    Misbah offered to do three jobs in about the same price.
    This is how he got his foot in the door.
    I am not sure how much is a CS usually paid.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    12,608
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    If I am not wrong he is paid the same amount of money as Mickey Arther. Not sure how much change is there in comparison to when he was CS too.
    Damn that would be really dumb from the PCB. Getting a local yet paying him royally.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,247
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to go simple as.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,165
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Needs to go simple as.
    When would that blessed day come

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at current PCB they won’t drop him till we get some humiliating defeat. For all good they have done they have assured we will not develop for many years to come.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,247
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    When would that blessed day come
    We should all do dua, aspire to become better persons, give more to charity etc.

    Then maybe Allah swt will shower his mercy, kindness, blessings upon us and deliver us from this misery.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,165
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Looking at current PCB they won’t drop him till we get some humiliating defeat. For all good they have done they have assured we will not develop for many years to come.
    He has been selected till world cup 2023 means 2 t20 and 1 odi wc is done and dusted

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    106,684
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should be fired from job role, he wont resign.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    He has been selected till world cup 2023 means 2 t20 and 1 odi wc is done and dusted
    So do you think they will drop him if he fails to do well in ICC events?

  17. #97
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,165
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    So do you think they will drop him if he fails to do well in ICC events?
    We also know PCB is Windows 95 it takes them decades to start processing. e.g of that is every time PSL first match gets late due to opening ceremony being late due to lack of planning same with domestic and everywhere.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    We also know PCB is Windows 95 it takes them decades to start processing. e.g of that is every time PSL first match gets late due to opening ceremony being late due to lack of planning same with domestic and everywhere.
    In that case we will need to wait another twenty years before they start playing todays cricket.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,503
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not bringing in Sohail Khan for Naseem Shah for the 2nd test.

    Not dropping Shan Masood for Imran Butt.

    Making Zafar Gohar debut on a pitch that gives nothing for spinners. He could’ve easily played a 5th seamer in Amad Butt.

    It’s time for Misbah to go, and take Waqar with him.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    5,959
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Not bringing in Sohail Khan for Naseem Shah for the 2nd test.

    Not dropping Shan Masood for Imran Butt.

    Making Zafar Gohar debut on a pitch that gives nothing for spinners. He could’ve easily played a 5th seamer in Amad Butt.

    It’s time for Misbah to go, and take Waqar with him.
    Above all for not dropping the most pathetic one , Haris Sohail.


  21. #101
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,692
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    YK should be head coach, throw Waqar and Misbah out. Get a new bowling coach

  22. #102
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,768
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah has been the worst thing happened to Pakistan cricket. First as a player, then as a Captain and now as a coach. The guy has destroyed attacking mindset Pakistan use to have. The only consistent thing Pakistan have been left with is " mediocrity".


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,768
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    YK should be head coach, throw Waqar and Misbah out. Get a new bowling coach
    100 %


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    3,547
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    YK should be head coach, throw Waqar and Misbah out. Get a new bowling coach


    If it absolutely has to be a Pakistani than Muhammad Wasim

    Don't think younis has that mentality tbh

    He is too "emotional"

  25. #105
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,847
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah as a coach was never going to work , with a defensive mindset you can only go so far.

    Misbah and waqar combination is worse even , our fast bowling is going down the drain. The fast nowlers have no game plan and often left wanting on the field.

    I would rathar be witnout a bowling coach. Waqars previous stint as a head coach was a disaster and things havent changed much this time either


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    106,684
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should be sacked after this Test series, pakistan cricket is average at best at moment but Misbah is taking the team even further backwards.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    1,626
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a year, everyone needs another year cause of the pandemic

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,503
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MishahOutWaqarOutakmalinMajeedOut.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Apparently the PCB is considering moving on from the coaching staff now

  30. #110
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give it the south africa series if that ends up a debacle at home then pcb will be forced to make a drastic change

  31. #111
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    28,986
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He should never have been appointed. Just because Mickey Arthur needed to go didn’t mean we appoint someone even more incompetent

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mani needs to be sacked first!!!! IK is doesn't have any clue from modern day coach should stay away from decision making. Leave the job to Wasim Khan rather than use him as a puppet.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    28,986
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol Pakistani fans smh. Younis Khan as head coach?? With him we’ll be a circus on and off the pitch. Right now it’s just on the pitch.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,761
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Apparently the PCB is considering moving on from the coaching staff now
    Source please!!

  36. #116
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.
    Coaches actually make a difference in domestic cricket, U-19, U-16, A teams and at the high performance centre. It is there responsibility uplift the skills of the players and to identify talent. That is what they are being paid to do.

    Coaches at the international level should primarily help in planning, strategizing and fix a technical issue or two but they can't teach someone the basics from scratch

  37. #117
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Source please!!
    Game on Hai show where Rashif Latif, Shoab were quoting their sources in the PCB

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    5,959
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not resign , Misbah should be kicked out.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ITS TIME TO GOOO!

  40. #120
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,761
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Coaches actually make a difference in domestic cricket, U-19, U-16, A teams and at the high performance centre. It is there responsibility uplift the skills of the players and to identify talent. That is what they are being paid to do.

    Coaches at the international level should primarily help in planning, strategizing and fix a technical issue or two but they can't teach someone the basics from scratch
    True. Which means that changing Misbah wont make a huge difference. I don't know why people are content things will change with a news coach. At the moment more than strategy, Pakistan needs skills. That only comes when the grassroots are producing quality players. Pakistan grassroots are only producing grasshoppers.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah fully deserves this humiliation after the sneaky game he played of sitting on the committee to sack Mickey and then applying for the job himself.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Game on Hai show where Rashif Latif, Shoab were quoting their sources in the PCB
    Cannot take Latif, Shoaib seriously!!!!

  43. #123
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,281
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, Misbah can be replaced by who?

    A competent coach cannot withstand the PCB in his right mind.

    A less-competent coach will deliver even less impressive results.

    Misbah is the best of a bad lot. Enjoy his soothing demeanor because as soon as it goes away, the PCB will fall like a deck of cards.

    Hell, he can ask for anything at this point and they’ll bend over backwards to give it to him in order to save their hides.

    Misbah: The single luckiest individual in the history of cricket.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    True. Which means that changing Misbah wont make a huge difference. I don't know why people are content things will change with a news coach. At the moment more than strategy, Pakistan needs skills. That only comes when the grassroots are producing quality players. Pakistan grassroots are only producing grasshoppers.
    I agree, but it also proves Misbah is a useless appointment and he is not needed. I would rather PCB use his salary, perks, expenses and invest it in domestic cricket

  45. #125
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigShak View Post
    Misbah fully deserves this humiliation after the sneaky game he played of sitting on the committee to sack Mickey and then applying for the job himself.
    Do you really think Misbah is feeling shame? That guy is same as Waqar as money hungry individual. Even if S Africa whitewash us both can get away with that as well. Jut need to win series against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. They have strong back up from Mani and IK (unfortunately).

  46. #126
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,503
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.
    Naseem shouldn’t have been picked. Who picked him? Misbah.

    Shan should’ve been dropped after many failures, who backed him? Misbah.

    Yasir Shah’s record in SENA is crap, who keeps playing him? Misbah.

    We have Haris Rauf playing in the Shaheens game, he should’ve been picked ahead of Naseem Shah.

    We have Musa Khan on tour and he’s not bowled a ball on this tour, Wahab is bowling against 10 year olds.

    Misbah has made too many errors, and very costly ones.


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  47. #127
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.
    This is an interesting point of view and has some merit to it.

    Lack of talent is surely an issue.

    Somewhat agree with it but Msiabh being on a the scene for SO DAMN LONG should've had groomed AT LEAST ONE good batsman on his own. But he never did.

    The part where I agree is that we don't need to spend this astronomical amount of money on coaching staff, especially the head coach who is not even a qualified coach. What an irony is this.

    For batting, what we need is a School level or Ranjhi Trophy level batting coach from India. This coach won't be costly if his govt allows him to work in Pakistan. And I am 100% sure he will have a positive effect on our batting culture if he is sincere with his job and if we are ready to learn.


    We need to be honest with ourselves.
    This is not the era of Black Thunder and Kaali Aandhi, Dennis Lilliees and Richard Hadlees and the two W's. That phase of cricket is long gone.


    Unfortunately, in this day and age where batsmen, who have become monsters, rule the cricket world.

    And for bowling, we need a part time consultant like Tim MacCaskill of Australia where our team of bowlers could visit Australia or meet him in Dubai every six odd months to attend a reconditioning camp.

    We can have a full time "manager/guide" on local basis who makes sure that the players practice the drills and techniques they learn from the reconditioning camps, and this person should also look after the bowlers for the fitness routine and strength building process.

    If your bowlers are not smart enough, don't know how to swing and do not have deceptive variety in their bowling, they simply can't survive. A super great bowling speed hardly matters these days.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,247
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.
    The world's best coach wouldn't go around selecting this sorry lot for a start and he certainly wouldn't be playing Naseem in this series.

    It's admirable the clown Misbah still has his backers.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,308
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is the biggest cancer pak cricket ever had...

    people who need to go

    Misbah
    Waqar
    Whoever the F is the fielding coach

    Harris Sohail (I have been his biggest fan but the way he is playing this series, its a shame to humanity)

    Naseem Shah (give him a year at least in domestic)

    Wahab Riaz for good (what is he doing playing in Sheehnz?)

    Haider ali, Abdullah Shafiq and Danish Aziz (the way these 3 get out in Shaheenz games is an absolute disgust...the fame has got to their head. need to tell them their place, which at the min is "No Body")

    Saud Shakil, Saif Badar, Kamran Ghullam, Khushdil, Iftikhar, Hussain Talat, Rohail Nazir need to come in ...

    Imad, Zafar, Shadab, Faheem, Aaamir Yameen need to take the allrounder roles.

    its pathetic and shambels the way we managing the national team

    Rizwan and Babar to Captain all the way
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 5th January 2021 at 06:11.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,218
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Said it a lot, saying it again. Coaching staff is not the issue.

    The underlying issue is lack of skills and ability.

    You can bring in the world's best coach and this team will get hammered exactly the same way as it is getting right now. No coach will transform Naseem into a world beater.

    People here reminisce Mickey Arthur but what has he done? He got hammered 3-0 in SA with Pakistan and is getting hammered again with SL. He can't transform a minnow team like Pakistan or SL into beating top class teams consistently.

    But if people want to satisfy their own desire that a coaching staff change will change the fortunes of this team, then try it out. In 2 years time, they'll be back to square 1.

    Until Pakistan produces batsmen and bowlers who are at par with elite teams, fans should lower their expectations and try to be the best amongst SL, Bang, WI. Then slowly work their way up.

    Bangladesh had better coaches but had terrible results. They only started competing when they found the likes of Shakib, Mushfiqur, Tamim. Pakistan needs similar quality players to compete.
    Why have a coach at all if this is the case? They obviously do make a difference.

    Nobody is asking Misbah to take a mediocre side to number 1 in the rankings. But after over a year of being a coach surely you should have at least a few successes to point to that he can say he was responsible for?

    Misbah has had no successes but has resided over several failures and humiliations. I agree it is not totally in his control but at the same time it is not a coincidence either.

    You mention Mickey but he had genuine successes to point to during his era. What can Misbah say he's done for this side?

  51. #131
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,247
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    Misbah is the biggest cancer pak cricket ever had...

    people who need to go

    Misbah
    Waqar
    Whoever the F is the fielding coach

    Harris Sohail (I have been his biggest fan but the way he is playing this series, its a shame to humanity)

    Naseem Shah (give him a year at least in domestic)

    Wahab Riaz for good (what is he doing playing in Sheehnz?)

    Haider ali, Abdullah Shafiq and Danish Aziz (the way these 3 get out in Shaheenz games is an absolute disgust...the fame has got to their head. need to tell them their place, which at the min is "No Body")

    Saud Shakil, Saif Badar, Kamran Ghullam, Khushdil, Iftikhar, Hussain Talat, Rohail Nazir need to come in ...

    Imad, Zafar, Shadab, Faheem, Aaamir Yameen need to take the allrounder roles.

    its pathetic and shambels the way we managing the national team

    Rizwan and Babar to Captain all the way
    Yeh, but we were all told the good times are about to roll once again when Misbah got appointed.

  52. #132
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah has been a very bad influence on the team both as a player and a coach. I would not be surprised if in the future, he is made the head of PCB... He is either extremely lucky or has got some solid references.

    We are in a tough spot at the moment because if we let misbah go, who is going to come in to coach Pakistan? Certainly no strong domestic candidates and by the look of things, no interested individuals internationally either. On top of that, the new coach would have to be given an year or two of free reign to build a team and then we are back to square one again.

    The quickest win I see is to get rid of Waqar immediately. The guy has done nothing for our fast bowlers. They are neither bowling quicker, nor are they aggressive ... heck they don't even bowl yorkers -- something which Waqar was renowned for. There are lots of consultants/coaches that can be brought in, guys like Ian Pont who have a more scientific approach to bowling. In addition, a batting coach such as the guy who worked with Shan on his technique (forgetting his name now) can be brought in on a perm basis. The PCB should then appoint series by series consultants. Younis should be given consultancy for home series, whereas international consultants should be hired when a team visits another country e.g. if we were visiting Newzealand, PCB could have gotten someone like Fleming for a short consultancy gig. This would ensure that they would be able to get really valuable insight into grounds, batting changes, line and lengths for bowlers etc in addition to the core coaching group being upskilled with all this info.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    5,959
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to hear from those two who voted no to Misbah's resigning in the poll.

  54. #134
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    Misbah is the biggest cancer pak cricket ever had...

    people who need to go

    Misbah
    Waqar
    Whoever the F is the fielding coach

    Harris Sohail (I have been his biggest fan but the way he is playing this series, its a shame to humanity)

    Naseem Shah (give him a year at least in domestic)

    Wahab Riaz for good (what is he doing playing in Sheehnz?)

    Haider ali, Abdullah Shafiq and Danish Aziz (the way these 3 get out in Shaheenz games is an absolute disgust...the fame has got to their head. need to tell them their place, which at the min is "No Body")

    Saud Shakil, Saif Badar, Kamran Ghullam, Khushdil, Iftikhar, Hussain Talat, Rohail Nazir need to come in ...

    Imad, Zafar, Shadab, Faheem, Aaamir Yameen need to take the allrounder roles.

    its pathetic and shambels the way we managing the national team

    Rizwan and Babar to Captain all the way
    In addition to all this, the management needs to learn to play the right people in the right formats. It is mind boggling how promising players get selected but in the wrong formats and then they are dropped for good.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I would like to hear from those two who voted no to Misbah's resigning in the poll.
    lol... you sound like Hitler ordering all Misbah supporters to be lined up in front of you and a death squad is waiting in disguise.

  56. #136
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is certainly the worst thing ever happened to Pakistan cricket.He should be kicked out as soon as possible.Allah hunn te najaat de iss misbah tou.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,308
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Yeh, but we were all told the good times are about to roll once again when Misbah got appointed.
    misbah is a liar at best ... he has done nothing to prove he is a good coach.... and I forgot younas... just cannot believe PCB of bringing in people who were not that great at playing swing bowling to begin with....

    why cannot we understand that a great cricketer doesn't mean he will be a great coach... huh

  58. #138
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,731
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Misbah has been a very bad influence on the team both as a player and a coach. I would not be surprised if in the future, he is made the head of PCB... He is either extremely lucky or has got some solid references.

    We are in a tough spot at the moment because if we let misbah go, who is going to come in to coach Pakistan? Certainly no strong domestic candidates and by the look of things, no interested individuals internationally either. On top of that, the new coach would have to be given an year or two of free reign to build a team and then we are back to square one again.

    The quickest win I see is to get rid of Waqar immediately. The guy has done nothing for our fast bowlers. They are neither bowling quicker, nor are they aggressive ... heck they don't even bowl yorkers -- something which Waqar was renowned for. There are lots of consultants/coaches that can be brought in, guys like Ian Pont who have a more scientific approach to bowling. In addition, a batting coach such as the guy who worked with Shan on his technique (forgetting his name now) can be brought in on a perm basis. The PCB should then appoint series by series consultants. Younis should be given consultancy for home series, whereas international consultants should be hired when a team visits another country e.g. if we were visiting Newzealand, PCB could have gotten someone like Fleming for a short consultancy gig. This would ensure that they would be able to get really valuable insight into grounds, batting changes, line and lengths for bowlers etc in addition to the core coaching group being upskilled with all this info.
    Ain’t happening in Pakistan

  59. #139
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,178
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I truly an sick of Misbah. I don't mind Younus Khan but the rest of this management needs to be sent packing asap.

    A guy who has no coaching experience at all, defensive mindset, lack of understanding of the game. Misbah please just go even if they don't fire you.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Younus is telling NZ commentators that bowling fuller in the 5m corridor, makes it harder for batsmen on this pitch. For reasons only known to Pak, the bowlers are not doing that. In addition Rizwan should be standing closer but is not. The best bit is the inability to catch.

    Pak are going to loose heavily and rightly so

  61. #141
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    I truly an sick of Misbah. I don't mind Younus Khan but the rest of this management needs to be sent packing asap.

    A guy who has no coaching experience at all, defensive mindset, lack of understanding of the game. Misbah please just go even if they don't fire you.
    He is a cunning and a money hungry leach.
    Put a lot of money on the table and he will be ready leave happily.

    Our incompetent and moronic administration at PCB who thought Misbah was the messiah who will fix it all, needs to be sacked with Misbah. That’s where the root of the problem exists.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,178
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    He is a cunning and a money hungry leach.
    Put a lot of money on the table and he will be ready leave happily.

    Our incompetent and moronic administration at PCB who thought Misbah was the messiah who will fix it all, needs to be sacked with Misbah. That’s where the root of the problem exists.
    Well I have always felt very uncomfortable in the way he got the job in the first place. He sat on the cricket committee which took the decision to fire Mickey Arthur. He then positioned himself to take over as coach. And then, without any coaching qualifications, he leapfrogged all the other candidates to take the job. What's more, he also landed himself the position of chief selector. I mean seriously, what the heck??

    This was very clearly a sham process where Misbah was always going to end up as the winner.

    With Mani and Wasim's so called professionalism, Misbah should have immediately been disqualified on conflict of interest grounds alone, never mind the fact that he lacked the required qualifications.

    Once again, people like Misbah line their pockets with PCB money without delivering a single ounce of performance.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Well I have always felt very uncomfortable in the way he got the job in the first place. He sat on the cricket committee which took the decision to fire Mickey Arthur. He then positioned himself to take over as coach. And then, without any coaching qualifications, he leapfrogged all the other candidates to take the job. What's more, he also landed himself the position of chief selector. I mean seriously, what the heck??

    This was very clearly a sham process where Misbah was always going to end up as the winner.

    With Mani and Wasim's so called professionalism, Misbah should have immediately been disqualified on conflict of interest grounds alone, never mind the fact that he lacked the required qualifications.

    Once again, people like Misbah line their pockets with PCB money without delivering a single ounce of performance.
    The order to remove Arthur and appoint Misbah came from the PM House. Mani and WK were powerless to do anything about it.

  64. #144
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The order to remove Arthur and appoint Misbah came from the PM House. Mani and WK were powerless to do anything about it.
    That’s what the word is out there.
    But I think Misbah ney Imran Khan ko bhi choona lagaya.

    He must’ve had all ducks set in a row before he reached IK to support his hiring.

    But then, how about Waqar?
    Was he hired at the orders of Misbah or IK or the stupidity of PCB to give him a 5th chance?

  65. #145
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,975
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Well I have always felt very uncomfortable in the way he got the job in the first place. He sat on the cricket committee which took the decision to fire Mickey Arthur. He then positioned himself to take over as coach. And then, without any coaching qualifications, he leapfrogged all the other candidates to take the job. What's more, he also landed himself the position of chief selector. I mean seriously, what the heck??

    This was very clearly a sham process where Misbah was always going to end up as the winner.

    With Mani and Wasim's so called professionalism, Misbah should have immediately been disqualified on conflict of interest grounds alone, never mind the fact that he lacked the required qualifications.

    Once again, people like Misbah line their pockets with PCB money without delivering a single ounce of performance.
    He landed the dual role position which Wasim Khan called a “necessary innovation” for Pakistan cricket. However, 12 months later, that “necessary innovation” was scrapped because Misbah wasn’t comfortable doing both roles, and he decided to keep the head coach position because it is more lucrative.

    Wasim Khan never addressed the following questions:

    1. If the dual role was a necessary innovation, why was it scrapped after just one person in the job? By not going through 3-4 different people in the dual role, we never found out if the dual role was the problem or if Misbah is the problem. You never make do an experiment and make conclusions after testing only one sample.

    2. Why was Misbah retained as head coach and not selector? Why wasn’t it the other way around? In other words, what qualities did Misbah show as head coach that he failed to show as selector?

  66. #146
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,975
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mani and Wasim are sycophants. They got their respective positions by brown-nosing Imran.

    However, this narrative that Misbah was forced on them by Imran is an exaggeration and a convenient excuse by Wasim fans to defend his incompetence.

    Misbah might have been recommended by Imran but the final decision was in the hands of Wasim and Mani.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    28,403
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Misbah - monumental failure as a LOI captain with a proven negative mindset in all formats of the game.

    Waqar - 2-3 times failed as a coach.

    When will the administration ever learn??? Trying the same thing again and again while expecting different results.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,178
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The order to remove Arthur and appoint Misbah came from the PM House. Mani and WK were powerless to do anything about it.
    Really? I didn't get the impression that Mani and Wasim were particularly unhappy with this. They were acting as if they'd just come up with an amazingly bright idea that was going to revolutionise Pakistani cricket. It has done that alright - taken us to depths of despair I didn't realise we were capable of reaching.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He landed the dual role position which Wasim Khan called a “necessary innovation” for Pakistan cricket. However, 12 months later, that “necessary innovation” was scrapped because Misbah wasn’t comfortable doing both roles, and he decided to keep the head coach position because it is more lucrative.

    Wasim Khan never addressed the following questions:

    1. If the dual role was a necessary innovation, why was it scrapped after just one person in the job? By not going through 3-4 different people in the dual role, we never found out if the dual role was the problem or if Misbah is the problem. You never make do an experiment and make conclusions after testing only one sample.

    2. Why was Misbah retained as head coach and not selector? Why wasn’t it the other way around? In other words, what qualities did Misbah show as head coach that he failed to show as selector?
    The real answer to your questions is:

    1. This wasn't really a necessary innovation. The PCB believed, looking at Misbah's record as test captain, that he was some messiah capable of resolving all of Pakistan's problems on his own. Of course this was all based in myth because Misbah's test success largely came off the back of Saeed Ajmal being a wicket machine and Younus being a run machine. Misbah was no genius as he demonstrated with abject failure in the one day game where Younus wasn't there to save him. So the innovation was brought in to accommodate Misbah alone and when he showed he couldn't handle it, the innovation was scrapped.

    2. Misbah did not show any qualities which made him a better coach than selector. In fact Misbah is more qualified for the selectors' role, given than it doesn't actually require any professional qualifications or experience. He was always way out of his depth in the coaching role. However Misbah chose to keep that one, and the PCB allowed him to keep it despite his failings, for no reason other than that it is a higher profile and more lucrative role.

  69. #149
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He landed the dual role position which Wasim Khan called a “necessary innovation” for Pakistan cricket. However, 12 months later, that “necessary innovation” was scrapped because Misbah wasn’t comfortable doing both roles, and he decided to keep the head coach position because it is more lucrative.

    Wasim Khan never addressed the following questions:

    1. If the dual role was a necessary innovation, why was it scrapped after just one person in the job? By not going through 3-4 different people in the dual role, we never found out if the dual role was the problem or if Misbah is the problem. You never make do an experiment and make conclusions after testing only one sample.

    2. Why was Misbah retained as head coach and not selector? Why wasn’t it the other way around? In other words, what qualities did Misbah show as head coach that he failed to show as selector?
    It may be more to do with the lack of options for the coaching role. Dont think there is any potential local candidate, and how PCB has treated the international ex-coaches + the security situation perception , it may have been hard to rope in any name of note. With the selector, I reckon they may have felt it would be an easier job to do as most of the times, it would be Misbah and the captain (to some extent) driving their choices rather than a powerful selector with a plan of his own.

  70. #150
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Misbah has been a very bad influence on the team both as a player and a coach. I would not be surprised if in the future, he is made the head of PCB... He is either extremely lucky or has got some solid references.

    We are in a tough spot at the moment because if we let misbah go, who is going to come in to coach Pakistan? Certainly no strong domestic candidates and by the look of things, no interested individuals internationally either. On top of that, the new coach would have to be given an year or two of free reign to build a team and then we are back to square one again.

    The quickest win I see is to get rid of Waqar immediately. The guy has done nothing for our fast bowlers. They are neither bowling quicker, nor are they aggressive ... heck they don't even bowl yorkers -- something which Waqar was renowned for. There are lots of consultants/coaches that can be brought in, guys like Ian Pont who have a more scientific approach to bowling. In addition, a batting coach such as the guy who worked with Shan on his technique (forgetting his name now) can be brought in on a perm basis. The PCB should then appoint series by series consultants. Younis should be given consultancy for home series, whereas international consultants should be hired when a team visits another country e.g. if we were visiting Newzealand, PCB could have gotten someone like Fleming for a short consultancy gig. This would ensure that they would be able to get really valuable insight into grounds, batting changes, line and lengths for bowlers etc in addition to the core coaching group being upskilled with all this info.
    Courtney Walsh did apply for the head coach position when the post was advertised.

    Now, I am not whether it was EXTREME STUPIDITY or EXTREME CUNNINGNESS that someone from PCB’s HR office called Courtney Walsh when it was 2:00 AM in West Indies time.

    Obviously he didn’t pick the phone, and PCB rejected his application citing that we attempted to reach him for an interview but he didn’t respond.

    After that, Misbah was the only candidate left for the open position before they merged into a dual role.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,975
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    It may be more to do with the lack of options for the coaching role. Dont think there is any potential local candidate, and how PCB has treated the international ex-coaches + the security situation perception , it may have been hard to rope in any name of note. With the selector, I reckon they may have felt it would be an easier job to do as most of the times, it would be Misbah and the captain (to some extent) driving their choices rather than a powerful selector with a plan of his own.
    Doesn’t seem like a reasonable excuse to me. If PCB could rope in Arthur in 2016, why cannot they rope in a foreign, qualified coach in 2020? The security situation is much better now and the perception among other cricket boards has already vastly improved.

    Misbah has leverage on these two and we don’t know why and never will.

  72. #152
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Mani and Wasim are sycophants. They got their respective positions by brown-nosing Imran.

    However, this narrative that Misbah was forced on them by Imran is an exaggeration and a convenient excuse by Wasim fans to defend his incompetence.

    Misbah might have been recommended by Imran but the final decision was in the hands of Wasim and Mani.
    I dont think anyone can say NO to a recommendation by the PM in Pakistan especially if that PM also happens to be the most popular, well respected cricketer in the nation's history.

  73. #153
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Doesn’t seem like a reasonable excuse to me. If PCB could rope in Arthur in 2016, why cannot they rope in a foreign, qualified coach in 2020? The security situation is much better now and the perception among other cricket boards has already vastly improved.

    Misbah has leverage on these two and we don’t know why and never will.
    If i recall the process post Mickey sacking, I dont think there was any name of note there. Perhaps the name of Dean Jones was doing the rounds but he would have been in the same boat as Misbah with his lack of experience. Andy Flower may have been the best candidate but I recall he rejected that notion of taking up this role.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He landed the dual role position which Wasim Khan called a “necessary innovation” for Pakistan cricket. However, 12 months later, that “necessary innovation” was scrapped because Misbah wasn’t comfortable doing both roles, and he decided to keep the head coach position because it is more lucrative.

    Wasim Khan never addressed the following questions:

    1. If the dual role was a necessary innovation, why was it scrapped after just one person in the job? By not going through 3-4 different people in the dual role, we never found out if the dual role was the problem or if Misbah is the problem. You never make do an experiment and make conclusions after testing only one sample.

    2. Why was Misbah retained as head coach and not selector? Why wasn’t it the other way around? In other words, what qualities did Misbah show as head coach that he failed to show as selector?
    Both these are very valid questions - especially the second one.

    Hiring of Misbah is my only beef with Wasim Khan.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    5,469
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No amount of humiliation will get Misbah out of the chair. We need to accept that the PCB is a monopoly based institution and resembles exactly how things roll in Pakistan.

    Get ready for more of this garbage until his tenure ends, after which Misbah will be asked to go on a pleasant vacation and then brought back after a couple of years again. Him, and Waqar are primary candidates for multiple gigs at PCB positions until they turn 60.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,975
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    I dont think anyone can say NO to a recommendation by the PM in Pakistan especially if that PM also happens to be the most popular, well respected cricketer in the nation's history.
    So if these two are Imran’s puppets then there is no reason for people to hype them up. There is no reason for them to be paid a fortune.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    No amount of humiliation will get Misbah out of the chair. We need to accept that the PCB is a monopoly based institution and resembles exactly how things roll in Pakistan.

    Get ready for more of this garbage until his tenure ends, after which Misbah will be asked to go on a pleasant vacation and then brought back after a couple of years again. Him, and Waqar are primary candidates for multiple gigs at PCB positions until they turn 60.
    And somewhere along the lines, Hafeez and Imran Farhat will be picked up for some key positions at PCB.

  78. #158
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    So if these two are Imran’s puppets then there is no reason for people to hype them up. There is no reason for them to be paid a fortune.
    Agree with that. I think IK has told them WHAT he wants, and they have been tasked with the HOW part. But there is no reason why one person out of Mani or WK couldnt do that alone and if they had to pay a fortune, maybe could just have gotten away with paying WK and not having Mani -- not sure what Mani actually does other than doing some press releases.

  79. #159
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,975
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    If i recall the process post Mickey sacking, I dont think there was any name of note there. Perhaps the name of Dean Jones was doing the rounds but he would have been in the same boat as Misbah with his lack of experience. Andy Flower may have been the best candidate but I recall he rejected that notion of taking up this role.
    There were rumors in the media of Misbah getting the job even before PCB advertised the role. The whole process was suspicious. That could be one of the major reasons why it didn’t attract many applicants.

    The dual role is a very attractive offer. Every coach wants control on selection of players. Someone like Mickey would have loved to have the authority to select the squad instead of Inzamam.

    Then they called Walsh in the middle of night and rejected his application after he didn’t pick up his phone. Even Apple or Microsoft will not act like that.

    Wasim talked a lot about professionalism and merit but there was nothing professional or meritocratic about this whole process.

  80. #160
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    And somewhere along the lines, Hafeez and Imran Farhat will be picked up for some key positions at PCB.
    I am fairly sure Farhat would be made one of the regional coaches fairly soon. As for Hafeez, as soon as he retires, he would be after a lucrative PCB post. I am sure he has already primed up his connections for this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •