Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will a Biden presidency be good for Pakistan?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Biden administration will be favourable for Pakistan

    3 42.86%
  • No, Pakistan will suffer due to election of Biden as President of the US

    4 57.14%
Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Will a Biden presidency be good for Pakistan?

    I am hearing from some that Democrats will not favour Pakistan in any way but I would like some to explain why this is the case?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,026
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am actually more interested to know how will it impact India, Israel, Iran and Saudi as that will then indirectly set the trend for Pakistan.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    17,092
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont think it really matters who the American president is in regards to PAK.. However I have concerns with Biden because he is a war monger, he is a hawk, most of the conflicts America was involved in was during the time Biden had some sort of power... Trump just yapped and yapped but he didn't cause any major issues, however Biden will and I feel if China tries to take over Taiwan there will be an all out WAR....


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    31,150
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    I dont think it really matters who the American president is in regards to PAK.. However I have concerns with Biden because he is a war monger, he is a hawk, most of the conflicts America was involved in was during the time Biden had some sort of power... Trump just yapped and yapped but he didn't cause any major issues, however Biden will and I feel if China tries to take over Taiwan there will be an all out WAR....
    Trump was the one who ramped up the cold war with China, before that US/China business relations were relatively healthy under Obama. If the conflict escalates under Biden it will be because the US military decides it needs to take a more aggressive role in Asia to protect their assets. Biden will probably end up going along just to prove he's not a soft touch for Johnny Foreigner, similar to what Blair did.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    14,108
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How was Obama's presidency for Pakistan?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,818
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The chances of our relations improve are slim to non. With Biden administration there’ll be an added pressure of domestically improving the social justice issues in Pakistan which in turn may sour the relationship even further. Also, Pakistan may not be getting out of the FATF grey list if the Biden administration decides to take hawkish position on terror financing and various financial irregularities. I have a feeling that the phrase ‘do more’ is going to make a comeback in Pakistani political lexicon.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    1,950
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on how the relationship between the US and China plays out. If this relationship deteriorates to the point of war, Pakistan will have to play a very delicate balancing act. Pakistan cannot anger China due to the massive Chinese investment in its economy. At the same time, it cannot ignore the US given its past, its involvement in Afghanistan, and the close ties between the US and India..

    More than any other country, Pakistan would want the US and China to have a decent working relationship.
    Last edited by gani999; 5th November 2020 at 17:04.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    How was Obama's presidency for Pakistan?
    Arguably one of the very worst

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    14,108
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Arguably one of the very worst
    Oh that's surprising, as Pakistan had some good leaders in Yousaf Guillani and Nawaz Sharif Sb during Obama's rule.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Oh that's surprising, as Pakistan had some good leaders in Yousaf Guillani and Nawaz Sharif Sb during Obama's rule.
    1,2,3 people about to go off

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    2,848
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biden will be good for China which means it is good for Pakistan.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,088
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Biden apparently gave Hamid Karzai a huge shut up call and this is something that Karzai himself has publically acknowledged "Mr President, Pakistan is 50 times more important to the US compared to Afghanistan"

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,518
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Oh that's surprising, as Pakistan had some good leaders in Yousaf Guillani and Nawaz Sharif Sb during Obama's rule.
    Lol, are you serious, nawaz sharif a good leader !, lol

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,919
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Any US President must be good for Pakistan because Pakistan hold the key to peace in Afghanistan and for American boys to go home.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,919
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    I dont think it really matters who the American president is in regards to PAK.. However I have concerns with Biden because he is a war monger, he is a hawk, most of the conflicts America was involved in was during the time Biden had some sort of power... Trump just yapped and yapped but he didn't cause any major issues, however Biden will and I feel if China tries to take over Taiwan there will be an all out WAR....
    Biden weirdly opposed the 1991 Gulf War and supported the 2003 Iraq War. Should've been the other way around.

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    31,150
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Biden weirdly opposed the 1991 Gulf War and supported the 2003 Iraq War. Should've been the other way around.
    Shouldn't have supported either war. The world was a better place before them.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, let me lay out some facts, and the PPers can decide if Biden is good or bad

    When Obama/Biden administration was in the white house, following happened:

    1) Obama moved more forces to Afghanistan
    2) Escalation of Drone strike 500%, which was raised in UN as human rights violation and country's sovereignty was violated too.
    3) Increased war mongering everywhere including Afghanistan/Pakistan, and increased efforts in not controlling the situation in Iraq, which resulted in Daeesh (ISIS).
    4) Very pro India policy and brushing the 70+ years old Kashmir issue under the rug.

    Compared that to Trump:
    1) Pulled all troops out of Afghanistan, and started talks with Taliban/Afghan govt for peace deal, Pakistan made an important partner (something PMIK has been saying for 20 years).
    2) Excluded India from the peace deal as it was not a participant in USCENTCOM. This in turn reduced India's proxy in Afghanistan against Pakistan and we do see less Indian funded terrorist activities in Pakistan now.
    3) Pro India policy when it comes to tackling China in South China sea, but totally neutral in Kashmir region against China and Pakistan.

    So now, you be the judge, how Biden will be. I personally feel we may go back into the Obama era foreign policy. Thankfully though, we don't have a puppet PM, we have Imran Khan who will respond bluntly if there is any adventure from the US.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Oh that's surprising, as Pakistan had some good leaders in Yousaf Guillani and Nawaz Sharif Sb during Obama's rule.
    They were good leaders for India and US as they were their puppets (and corrupt to the core).

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps there is a different explanation to your question l, @mig
    Dems are more idealistic than republicans. They want equality and want to break the tired norms. Sometimes to get to that end, they screw up. Arab spring is what I have in mind when I say that.

    They will not start wars, however, for money or to benefit a few like two Republican presidents have done.
    But their unrealistic search for idealism can somehow result in an impractical foreign policy. (I am talking about obama drone strikes).. you want to spread freedom and liberate the world, be prepared to face the consequences of bigger evils that may raise their head once you destroy the lesser evil.

    They bet with the Shiites in the ME and it didn’t go well. Rather than bringing the Shiites and Sunnis together, the Dems wanted to buy out one faction to do their bidding.

    Apart from that, I hope they undo the damage done by trump to the Palestinian cause. And they adopt the same reconciliatory tone with peace talks with the Taliban. Bombing countries and droning them won’t get you anywhere. You will only keep spending money and sending troops.

    Hopefully they will improve relations with iran and China. I do not see why they wouldn’t.. I just fear the unintended consequences, that’s all.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Perhaps there is a different explanation to your question l, @mig
    Dems are more idealistic than republicans. They want equality and want to break the tired norms. Sometimes to get to that end, they screw up. Arab spring is what I have in mind when I say that.

    They will not start wars, however, for money or to benefit a few like two Republican presidents have done.
    But their unrealistic search for idealism can somehow result in an impractical foreign policy. (I am talking about obama drone strikes).. you want to spread freedom and liberate the world, be prepared to face the consequences of bigger evils that may raise their head once you destroy the lesser evil.

    They bet with the Shiites in the ME and it didn’t go well. Rather than bringing the Shiites and Sunnis together, the Dems wanted to buy out one faction to do their bidding.

    Apart from that, I hope they undo the damage done by trump to the Palestinian cause. And they adopt the same reconciliatory tone with peace talks with the Taliban. Bombing countries and droning them won’t get you anywhere. You will only keep spending money and sending troops.

    Hopefully they will improve relations with iran and China. I do not see why they wouldn’t.. I just fear the unintended consequences, that’s all.
    The issue is, you mentioned about Drone strikes, however Drone strikes was at its peak (500% more than Bush Regime) during the Obama regime. That especially includes Pakistan. People keep saying Trump is bad, I say Obama was worse. Atleast Trump improved relations with Pakistan and took out the army from Afghanistan and went towards the peace deal.

    In regards to Palestine, yes Trump appeased his masters by announcing Israel-UAE deal, Israel-Bahrain deal, and declared Jerusalem as capital. However, Obama in his 8 years didn't even do jack about the Palestine issue. I think anyone in whitehouse may not do much to the Palestine cause (unfortunately).


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,982
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Biden cannot even string a coherent sentence together. He is just a front man for the US establishment that saw their power waning during the Trump era since he put a stop of their wars and was too much off a loose canon to take dictation from anyone.


    If Biden turns out to be a two-term President I expect another war in the middle East in the next 8 years. That will definitely effect Pakistan as well.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Biden cannot even string a coherent sentence together. He is just a front man for the US establishment that saw their power waning during the Trump era since he put a stop of their wars and was too much off a loose canon to take dictation from anyone.


    If Biden turns out to be a two-term President I expect another war in the middle East in the next 8 years. That will definitely effect Pakistan as well.
    Can you explain a bit more about Biden's anti Pakistan stance.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Can you explain a bit more about Biden's anti Pakistan stance.
    I explained it in Post # 17 above. Just stating facts, no prediction.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    The issue is, you mentioned about Drone strikes, however Drone strikes was at its peak (500% more than Bush Regime) during the Obama regime. That especially includes Pakistan. People keep saying Trump is bad, I say Obama was worse. Atleast Trump improved relations with Pakistan and took out the army from Afghanistan and went towards the peace deal.

    In regards to Palestine, yes Trump appeased his masters by announcing Israel-UAE deal, Israel-Bahrain deal, and declared Jerusalem as capital. However, Obama in his 8 years didn't even do jack about the Palestine issue. I think anyone in whitehouse may not do much to the Palestine cause (unfortunately).
    if you read my statement carefully, you will see that I am saying the same thing as you on the drones.
    and Obama did better than Trump on the palestinian issue, no matter how you llook at it. If you expect an american president to solve all of Muslim world's problems, that you are living in a different world.

    He pulled the troops out of afghanistan because he ran on that platform, not because he has immense love for afghans. I see a lot of pakistanis claiming that for Pakistan, Trump was good. That might well be the truth but only as an unintended consequence of his own agenda or ulterior motive which could have switched to come and bite Pakistan in the next four years.

    With that being said, I will just say that no American govt will ever be good for pakistan. We have to fix us ourselves and be independent which is what Imran is trying to do. He doesnt go begging like Zerdari or Nawaz. So for us it might be inconsequential who is in the whitehouse. We can just look to having a foreign policy that is mutualy beneficial and for that both sides are to be blamed if it fails. Not just one!
    The drone strikes during obama era partly fall on the Pakistani leadership of the time as well. Why didnt they do better?


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,088
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    One thing which worries me about Biden is that he was pretty close to NS and Zardari and I am pretty certain that both of them will be emboldened enough to request him to support them against IK. Trump administration told these two to get lost

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    One thing which worries me about Biden is that he was pretty close to NS and Zardari and I am pretty certain that both of them will be emboldened enough to request him to support them against IK. Trump administration told these two to get lost
    It all depends on what they want from us..

    And they know IK has military backing too.. I don’t expect much of a change..


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    14,045
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani's should worry more about PMLN and PPP mafias and the ingrained corruption then which president would be better for Pakistan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Pakistani's should worry more about PMLN and PPP mafias and the ingrained corruption then which president would be better for Pakistan.
    That’s right. So right.

    Lots of talk about who is good for Pakistan. I got a lot of judgmental comments and remarks from my own family and friends in Pakistan over my support for Biden (or should I say opposition to Trump).

    It’s a bitter truth, Pakistani Americans have to fend for themselves and watch out for the interests of their people and future generations in the country. We cannot worry about which US government will be good for Pakistan because Pakistan itself needs to be in a place where such things should not matter. And I think with IK, Pakistan can get there.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    14,045
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    That’s right. So right.

    Lots of talk about who is good for Pakistan. I got a lot of judgmental comments and remarks from my own family and friends in Pakistan over my support for Biden (or should I say opposition to Trump).

    It’s a bitter truth, Pakistani Americans have to fend for themselves and watch out for the interests of their people and future generations in the country. We cannot worry about which US government will be good for Pakistan because Pakistan itself needs to be in a place where such things should not matter. And I think with IK, Pakistan can get there.
    People should read this

    https://m.economictimes.com/news/int...w/49507967.cms

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,088
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    😂😂 Apparently these funds were embezzled by Quam ki Beti Maryam Nawaz for her personal expenses like shoes, designer bags, clothes

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,818
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The greatest con Trump ever successfully pulled was making people think he isn’t part of the establishment. Republicans under his presidency have stretched the inequalities further than ever.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    14,045
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    ���� Apparently these funds were embezzled by Quam ki Beti Maryam Nawaz for her personal expenses like shoes, designer bags, clothes
    Exactly.
    So my point is that you can have a Democrat or a republican, or someone from Mars..
    It's all irrelevant in grand scheme of things

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    if you read my statement carefully, you will see that I am saying the same thing as you on the drones.
    and Obama did better than Trump on the palestinian issue, no matter how you llook at it. If you expect an american president to solve all of Muslim world's problems, that you are living in a different world.

    He pulled the troops out of afghanistan because he ran on that platform, not because he has immense love for afghans. I see a lot of pakistanis claiming that for Pakistan, Trump was good. That might well be the truth but only as an unintended consequence of his own agenda or ulterior motive which could have switched to come and bite Pakistan in the next four years.

    With that being said, I will just say that no American govt will ever be good for pakistan. We have to fix us ourselves and be independent which is what Imran is trying to do. He doesnt go begging like Zerdari or Nawaz. So for us it might be inconsequential who is in the whitehouse. We can just look to having a foreign policy that is mutualy beneficial and for that both sides are to be blamed if it fails. Not just one!
    The drone strikes during obama era partly fall on the Pakistani leadership of the time as well. Why didnt they do better?
    Yup, 100% agree with you in all the things you laid out. In the end it comes to our leadership and this is where I feel quite contended. Imran Khan is a strong leader and he won't let Biden do whatever he wants to do in Pakistan.

    Palestine issue is gone out of hands. Obama did nothing about it, Trump did nothing except helping Israel, Clinton did jack, so did Bush.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    926
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Yup, 100% agree with you in all the things you laid out. In the end it comes to our leadership and this is where I feel quite contended. Imran Khan is a strong leader and he won't let Biden do whatever he wants to do in Pakistan.

    Palestine issue is gone out of hands. Obama did nothing about it, Trump did nothing except helping Israel, Clinton did jack, so did Bush.

    Somebody shared a meme yesterday " Whoever wins the election, Israel will get 538 electoral votes"
    Unfortunately the way US politics is funded, Israel will always get a free hand. I pity the Palestinians.
    The last US president who somewhat stood up to Israel was Bush Sr. He "threatened" to freeze Israeli aid ( 3b per year) if they did not stop building illegal settlements in Occupied West Bank in 1990. And guess what happened to him He became a 1 term president.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    10,601
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He cry about American presidents not doing anything about the issue but on the other hand, Muslim countries are all whoring themselves out to israel Willy nilly.

    It’s ridiculous!


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,561
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Iran deal comes back, sure, cause Pakistan need that border open.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,088
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    *A Trump Defeat: ‘Will be a sad day for the Muslim world’*

    *By ‘مختار ماستر’*
    *5/11/20*

    *Read | Reflect | Share*

    I assure you that many from the Muslim community will not be shedding many tears at the prospect of a defeat for Donald Trump as the President of the United States. In fact, many will be quite ecstatic that Biden has defeated Trump. However, let me tell you - it will be a sad day for the Muslim community worldwide because we quite honestly do not know the truth.

    There is a saying that goes - *‘Judge the character of a man by his actions and not by his words.’*

    Trump certainly talked the talk, but did he honestly walk the walk?


    *The Analysis:*

    George Bush took the US to war in Afghanistan (2001), Iraq (2003), NW Pakistan (2004), Somalia (2007) and Kenya (2007).

    The man of ‘change’, Barack Obama, changed nothing and took the US to war in the Indian Ocean against Somali Pirates (2009), Libya (2011), Uganda (2011), Iraq and Syria (2014), Yemen (2015) and Libya again in 2015 to fight ISIS.

    *Since Trump took over at the Oval Office in 2017, he has never once taken the US to war.*

    *I repeat - he never once took the US to war.*

    In fact, let’s be honest, especially if we want to talk facts - most US wars since 2001 have been fought in Muslim lands at the expense of millions of Muslim lives. This only substantially changed when Trump took office. In fact, the truth is even better - Trump withdrew forces from Syria, and Iraq, and moreover he negotiated a peace treaty with the Taliban after years of war in Afghanistan.

    Trump has been better in his dealings with the Uighur Muslim issue with China, than even most so-called Muslim leaders. Not content with condemning China’s Uighur concentration camps, he even imposed sanctions on Chinese companies and officials for their human rights abuses against Uighur Muslims.

    Trump also termed Burma’s genocide and expulsion of the Rohingya Muslims as ‘ethnic cleansing’ and imposed sanctions on some of the alleged perpetrators.

    In 2016, the US under Obama, supported a coup and attempted murder of the world’s best Muslim leader, President Erdogan of Turkey. It was only through the sheer mercy of the Almighty that Erdogan survived.

    However, Trump has gone on to praise Erdogan on numerous occasions and has resisted calls to impose sanctions on Turkey. Whereas videos have emerged which show Biden’s willingness to support the ‘opposition leadership’ in the removal of Erdogan, when he become the next president.

    Even the issue of ‘Islamist’ Terrorism has improved under Trump. During Barack Obama’s presidency, no fewer than 11 ‘so called’ terror attacks took place. All were full-on, mainstream media hyped, ‘Islamist’ inspired terror. However, these types of terror attacks virtually disappeared during Trump’s presidency.


    *The counter argument*

    Trump was certainly no angel and he had his faults. The fundamental chink in his armour has always been his unwavering support for Israel. However, the reality is as clear as night and day, which is that, no US President would be an unbiased arbiter in dealing with the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Hence, in reality, this can be discounted in the overall balance of arguments.

    The ‘Muslim ban’, the ‘Wall’, the tweets and various other nonsense were no more than bravado from an eccentric, full on, showman that Trump clearly is.


    *The Reason*

    Trump is the maverick, loose cannon which the mainstream media, the American Establishment and the banking cartels never wanted. They wanted their usual puppets like Clinton, Obama, Bush and now Biden, to further their own interests.

    Trump did what he wanted, when he wanted and how he wanted. He was never going to dance to their bloodthirsty, Islam-bashing and world dominating tune. Hence, they vilified him in the mainstream media, changed election rules just prior to the election and put their full weight behind Biden to remove him at any cost.


    *The Analysis*

    As Muslims, there is nothing more sacred than the life of a Muslim. Hence, if the only measure of a US President was the loss of Muslim lives and the blood spilt during their presidency, then Trump wins hands down without even a recount.

    The numbers of Muslim lives that have been lost during the Bush, Clinton and Obama presidency goes into the millions. The US have rampaged through Muslim lands during those few short years. However, that came to a very abrupt end when Trump became President.

    I can honestly say, that I would be truly devastated if Trump loses - as it now seems inevitable. Only Trump could have done what he has done and it will be a sad day for the Muslims of the world.


    *The Conclusion*

    Let’s judge Trump by his actions and not by his words or even his tweets. Because if you do, then there is honestly only one conclusion which you can come to. That is:

    *President Trump was good for Muslims the world over*

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    1,159
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    *A Trump Defeat: ‘Will be a sad day for the Muslim world’*

    *By ‘مختار ماستر’*
    *5/11/20*

    *Read | Reflect | Share*

    I assure you that many from the Muslim community will not be shedding many tears at the prospect of a defeat for Donald Trump as the President of the United States. In fact, many will be quite ecstatic that Biden has defeated Trump. However, let me tell you - it will be a sad day for the Muslim community worldwide because we quite honestly do not know the truth.

    There is a saying that goes - *‘Judge the character of a man by his actions and not by his words.’*

    Trump certainly talked the talk, but did he honestly walk the walk?


    *The Analysis:*

    George Bush took the US to war in Afghanistan (2001), Iraq (2003), NW Pakistan (2004), Somalia (2007) and Kenya (2007).

    The man of ‘change’, Barack Obama, changed nothing and took the US to war in the Indian Ocean against Somali Pirates (2009), Libya (2011), Uganda (2011), Iraq and Syria (2014), Yemen (2015) and Libya again in 2015 to fight ISIS.

    *Since Trump took over at the Oval Office in 2017, he has never once taken the US to war.*

    *I repeat - he never once took the US to war.*

    In fact, let’s be honest, especially if we want to talk facts - most US wars since 2001 have been fought in Muslim lands at the expense of millions of Muslim lives. This only substantially changed when Trump took office. In fact, the truth is even better - Trump withdrew forces from Syria, and Iraq, and moreover he negotiated a peace treaty with the Taliban after years of war in Afghanistan.

    Trump has been better in his dealings with the Uighur Muslim issue with China, than even most so-called Muslim leaders. Not content with condemning China’s Uighur concentration camps, he even imposed sanctions on Chinese companies and officials for their human rights abuses against Uighur Muslims.

    Trump also termed Burma’s genocide and expulsion of the Rohingya Muslims as ‘ethnic cleansing’ and imposed sanctions on some of the alleged perpetrators.

    In 2016, the US under Obama, supported a coup and attempted murder of the world’s best Muslim leader, President Erdogan of Turkey. It was only through the sheer mercy of the Almighty that Erdogan survived.

    However, Trump has gone on to praise Erdogan on numerous occasions and has resisted calls to impose sanctions on Turkey. Whereas videos have emerged which show Biden’s willingness to support the ‘opposition leadership’ in the removal of Erdogan, when he become the next president.

    Even the issue of ‘Islamist’ Terrorism has improved under Trump. During Barack Obama’s presidency, no fewer than 11 ‘so called’ terror attacks took place. All were full-on, mainstream media hyped, ‘Islamist’ inspired terror. However, these types of terror attacks virtually disappeared during Trump’s presidency.


    *The counter argument*

    Trump was certainly no angel and he had his faults. The fundamental chink in his armour has always been his unwavering support for Israel. However, the reality is as clear as night and day, which is that, no US President would be an unbiased arbiter in dealing with the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Hence, in reality, this can be discounted in the overall balance of arguments.

    The ‘Muslim ban’, the ‘Wall’, the tweets and various other nonsense were no more than bravado from an eccentric, full on, showman that Trump clearly is.


    *The Reason*

    Trump is the maverick, loose cannon which the mainstream media, the American Establishment and the banking cartels never wanted. They wanted their usual puppets like Clinton, Obama, Bush and now Biden, to further their own interests.

    Trump did what he wanted, when he wanted and how he wanted. He was never going to dance to their bloodthirsty, Islam-bashing and world dominating tune. Hence, they vilified him in the mainstream media, changed election rules just prior to the election and put their full weight behind Biden to remove him at any cost.


    *The Analysis*

    As Muslims, there is nothing more sacred than the life of a Muslim. Hence, if the only measure of a US President was the loss of Muslim lives and the blood spilt during their presidency, then Trump wins hands down without even a recount.

    The numbers of Muslim lives that have been lost during the Bush, Clinton and Obama presidency goes into the millions. The US have rampaged through Muslim lands during those few short years. However, that came to a very abrupt end when Trump became President.

    I can honestly say, that I would be truly devastated if Trump loses - as it now seems inevitable. Only Trump could have done what he has done and it will be a sad day for the Muslims of the world.


    *The Conclusion*

    Let’s judge Trump by his actions and not by his words or even his tweets. Because if you do, then there is honestly only one conclusion which you can come to. That is:

    *President Trump was good for Muslims the world over*
    He just had not gotten around to it just yet.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    1,112
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presidency doesn't matter. Foreign policy is determined by geopolitics, Pakistan isn't really going to benefit in the current US-China cold war so I don't see much changing.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,858
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Muslims are acting like Biden is the coming of Imam Mahdi and Muslims will lead an amazing life because of him. If he is anything like Obama, that wont be true, only Iran will benefit to some extent

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    90,560
    Mentioned
    7027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is its own biggest enemy. It doesn’t matter who the President is.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,858
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    As Muslims, there is nothing more sacred than the life of a Muslim. Hence, if the only measure of a US President was the loss of Muslim lives and the blood spilt during their presidency, then Trump wins hands down without even a recount.





    *
    American Muslims worshipping Biden don't care even if a million Muslim lives are gone because of wars. They are selfish individuals who just care to be "Riding with Biden" and closing Mosques (because Trump said you can open them).
    After all we saw how keeping Masajid open in Pakistan made the pandemic so much worse there.... oh wait

    If Trump says you can fast in Ramadan, some of these people will probably stop fasting because he said so

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Biden cannot even string a coherent sentence together.
    He is just a front man for the US establishment that saw their power waning during the Trump era since he put a stop of their wars and was too much off a loose canon to take dictation from anyone.


    If Biden turns out to be a two-term President I expect another war in the middle East in the next 8 years. That will definitely effect Pakistan as well.

    Biden has a stuttering issue and he has talked about it previously

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,858
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
    He is just a front man for the US establishment that saw their power waning during the Trump era since he put a stop of their wars and was too much off a loose canon to take dictation from anyone.


    If Biden turns out to be a two-term President I expect another war in the middle East in the next 8 years. That will definitely effect Pakistan as well.

    Biden has a stuttering issue and he has talked about it previously
    Then why are so many Muslims praying and begging for a Biden victory? When I look at my FB feed more than half the Muslim Americans I know were in tears after the first day but are now saying it is Allah's miracle that Biden is coming

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    14,045
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHorn View Post
    Then why are so many Muslims praying and begging for a Biden victory? When I look at my FB feed more than half the Muslim Americans I know were in tears after the first day but are now saying it is Allah's miracle that Biden is coming
    What sort of face book feed to you have?
    Maybe branch out a bit

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan does not really value US as much as China considering our interests right now. For good or bad, we bet on the latter. I expect US to continue to not really care about Pakistan as much.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHorn View Post
    Then why are so many Muslims praying and begging for a Biden victory? When I look at my FB feed more than half the Muslim Americans I know were in tears after the first day but are now saying it is Allah's miracle that Biden is coming
    It was an issue when I tried to quote another message. That comment is not mine. You should ask Syed 😀

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    New Delhi: As the world awaits the results of US Presidential election, Pakistan will be hoping Democrat Joe Biden assumes the President's office. Pakistan has been in trouble with the Donald Trump administration and would be hoping for Joe Biden's victory.

    Joe Biden is an old diplomat and has had cordial relations with Pakistan and that is the reason why Pakistan is rooting for him.

    In 2008, Pakistan had conferred Biden with the second highest civilian honor, 'Hilal-e-Pakistan'. Joe Biden and Senator Richard Lugar were beind the proposal to bring $ 1.5 billion non-military aid to Pakistan. Lugar too was awarded the 'Hilal-e-Pakistan'.

    Asif Ali Zardari, then the President of Pakistan, had thanked the two for "consistently supporting Pakistan".

    Pakistani analysts feel that Biden as president will return the old era of diplomacy between the two countries.

    https://zeenews.india.com/india/joe-...y-2322819.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,601
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_man View Post
    Somebody shared a meme yesterday " Whoever wins the election, Israel will get 538 electoral votes"
    Unfortunately the way US politics is funded, Israel will always get a free hand. I pity the Palestinians.
    The last US president who somewhat stood up to Israel was Bush Sr. He "threatened" to freeze Israeli aid ( 3b per year) if they did not stop building illegal settlements in Occupied West Bank in 1990. And guess what happened to him He became a 1 term president.
    Funny enough Bush Sr. was another President, who was a VP before just like Biden.
    Yes, unfortunately Palestinian issue is gone out of hands. Only way to free Palestine is war. I do blame UN and the British as they're the ones who created this issue. Jews, Christians and Muslims were living peacefully there until UN/British decided to transport Europeans to the holy land.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    926
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Funny enough Bush Sr. was another President, who was a VP before just like Biden.
    Yes, unfortunately Palestinian issue is gone out of hands. Only way to free Palestine is war. I do blame UN and the British as they're the ones who created this issue. Jews, Christians and Muslims were living peacefully there until UN/British decided to transport Europeans to the holy land.
    Yes that was the english's machiavellian scheme to solve Europe's "Jewish Problem" and create an ever lasting issue in Middle east once they left.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    79,618
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Interesting times ahead:

    Kashmir issues
    Iran
    Middle East problems
    Eastern Europe issues
    Covid-19
    India/Pakistan
    Russia
    And more



  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Reaction to Joe Biden's victory in Pakistan....

    Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar on Saturday scoffed at the delay in the announcement of the winner of the 2020 US presidential election amidst claims of rigging by the Republicans, comparing the unprecedent situation in America to what has become a norm in Pakistan, only to invite derision from Pakistani Twitterati who reminded him of the ruling PTI's own past of hesitating to accept electoral defeat.

    With nearly four days having passed since polls closed in the United States, Umar expressed the irony of the American election turning out to be as rancorous as a Pakistani contest in a post on Twitter.

    "We used to see in our youth that an election takes places in the US; votes are counted, the loser congratulates the winner and the transition of power takes place. We used to think when will things play out like this in Pakistan? That still hasn't happened to date, but Pakistani scenes were definitely visible in the American election," he wrote.

    By "Pakistani scenes", the minister was apparently referring to US President Donald Trump making baseless allegations of fraud in the 2020 election, refusing to acknowledge Democratic nominee Joe Biden's lead in numerous states and mounting legal challenges against the vote count.

    Providing no evidence to support his allegations and in a break from US presidential norms, Trump on Thursday erupted in a tirade of unsubstantiated claims that he had been cheated out of winning the election as vote counting across battleground states showed Biden steadily closing in on victory.

    The political drama that has now dragged on into the weekend in the US, the nation considered one of the world’s most emblematic democracies, has been watched with irony by many around the world — especially in countries that have long been advised by Washington on how to run elections.

    But when Umar expressed similar sentiments on Saturday, Pakistani social media users were quick to remind him that the PTI had refused to go quietly after losing the 2013 general elections to the PML-N

    "Yes, your friend set an example for the rest of the world on his container," academic Nida Kirmani said while replying to the minister's tweet, referring to the 126-day sit-in led by PTI chief (now Prime Minister) Imran Khan.

    In August 2014, Imran Khan had started a long march from Lahore to Islamabad to stage a sit-in to register the party’s protest against alleged rigging in the 2013 elections. The protest march was also joined by the Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) led by Dr Tahirul Qadri.

    After reaching Islamabad, the protesters announced that they would remain at D-Chowk for an indefinite period till the acceptance of their demands. The sit-in that had been started with a demand of probe into the charges of rigging was later converted into a full-fledged anti-government movement and the PTI announced that they would not end the sit-in till the ouster of the PML-N government.

    The sit-in continued for 126 days and the PTI chief announced the end of the protest a day after the terrorist attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar.

    Journalist Abbas Nasir while responding to Umar said only "Trump's container is awaited" — a reference to Imran Khan delivering anti-government speeches from atop a container during the 2014 sit-in.

    Journalist Matiulla Jan asked the minister whether by "Pakistani scenes" he was alluding to "2014 D-Chowk dharna scenes".

    In response to Umar, one user sarcastically wrote that the US too was witnessing "tabdeeli" (change) — the famed election slogan of the PTI.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1589127/pa...-of-pti-dharna


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    7,660
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ''only to invite derision from Pakistani Twitterati who reminded him of the ruling PTI's own past of hesitating to accept electoral defeat.''

    Yeah, because our elections are actually rigged by PMLN from the 1990s with actual evidence. Our society generally has a lot of morons but my God we have some special fruitcakes on social media.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    6,600
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    bd886fb1-4030-4faf-bda2-b98270a9e56e

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    2,438
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing good for Pakistan would come out of US regardless of administration

    especially with CPEC and everything

    simple, plain facts

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    5,481
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    America's policy changes according to the need of the hours.

    Obama was the most anti-Pakistan president in recent times.

    Trump was an AH, other than Israel ( due to his son in Law) he was not good for any country.

    Joe, hopefully will be a much sensible president. He is not racist or islamophobic. Anyone has to be better than the conman.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    6,600
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    14,045
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll be a lot better then what Trump was.
    Remember it was Obama who increased aid and Trump who cut it..

    Unfortunately we also had the Mafia in government at the time and things will be very different now.

    Some would say Trump was isolationist but that would be giving him far too much credit.
    I think he was only ever interested in his own brand and pandering to his base helped him do that.
    He couldn't care less about the rest of the world least of all Pakistan

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States on January 20. Unlike his predecessor, Donald Trump, who pursued what he called an “America First” foreign policy and attempted to move the US outside the post-WWII multilateral status quo, Biden is expected to have a more traditional approach to foreign affairs, supportive of multilateral organisations and focused on restoring Washington’s international standing and alliances.

    So what will this mean for US-Pakistan relations? Biden’s rise to power is unlikely to drastically change the issue-specific and transactional nature of the relationship between the two nations, but it will present Pakistan with opportunities to strengthen its strategic and economic ties with the US – especially as the planned US withdrawal from Afghanistan forces Washington to redefine its interests in the region.

    For 20 years, the war in Afghanistan shaped US-Pakistan ties. At a time when this dynamic is expected to change, Biden’s presence in the White House can help the foreign policy establishment in Islamabad forge new partnerships with Washington based on the two nation’s mutual geopolitical and economic interests.

    Unlike Trump, Biden knows Pakistan. He travelled to the country several times as vice president. He was one of the principal architects, along with Senator John Kerry of the Kerry-Lugar Berman Act of 2009 that paved the way for the US providing annual civilian assistance of $1.5bn to Pakistan between 2010 and 2014. But perhaps more importantly, contrary to Trump’s unpredictable, unilateralist, personal and at times erratic approach to foreign affairs, Biden believes in dealing with other nations through institutions. This means the relationship between the US and Pakistan will be more stable during his presidency.

    However, America’s desire to blunt China’s ambitious Belt and Road initiative and contain its rise as a global power means its strategic and geopolitical interests in the Indo-Pacific region will remain more aligned with India than Pakistan during Biden’s presidency. While India is China’s main rival in the region, Pakistan has growing economic and strategic ties to the country.

    As a result, under the Trump presidency, the US moved closer to India than ever before. Just last month, New Delhi and Washington signed the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA), which will provide India real-time access to American geospatial intelligence, enhancing the accuracy of its missiles, armed drones, and automated systems. And last year, the Trump administration’s partisan response to the Pulwama-Balakot crisis between India and Pakistan, where he urged both sides to de-escalate after an Indian military incursion into Pakistan, eroded the long-held belief in Pakistan that the US is a relatively neutral arbiter in the decades-old rivalry between the two neighbours.

    Biden will undoubtedly keep supporting India against China in the region, but unlike Trump, he is also expected to take steps to restore the US’s role as a strategic balancer between Islamabad and New Delhi. Moreover, the new US president is expected to adopt a less aggressive approach towards Beijing than his predecessor in order to secure some cooperation on issues like ending the coronavirus pandemic, addressing climate change, and ensuring nuclear non-proliferation.

    So far, Pakistan managed to remain neutral in the competition between the US and China in the Indo-Pacific region. As a result, it is well placed to provide a communication back-channel between Washington and Beijing if and when it is needed. This is a role Pakistan played successfully in the past. In the early 1970s, Islamabad facilitated Washington’s outreach to Beijing, which resulted in President Richard Nixon paying a historic official visit to the country in 1972.

    Furthermore, the Biden administration is expected to be more vocal in its criticism of India’s oppressive policies in Indian-administered Kashmir. This will give Pakistan an opportunity to more efficiently highlight India’s human rights abuses and international law violations in the disputed territory on the international arena and move its Kashmir policy forward.

    But the Biden administration is also expected to be more critical of human rights violations, media censorship and mistreatment of minorities in Pakistan. In 2019, the US placed Pakistan on the blacklist of countries that violate religious freedoms. Biden will continue to pressure Islamabad to make improvements in this area. Pakistan will also face increased pressure from Washington to guarantee the safety of its nuclear arsenal during the Biden presidency. The Biden administration will also expect further action from Pakistan against armed groups based within its borders that are targeting India.

    Despite these pressures, US-Pakistan relations will likely have a positive trajectory in the Biden era – if the ongoing Afghan peace process results in a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire and a power-sharing agreement between the Taliban and the Afghan government.

    If the intra-Afghan talks derail, and the conflict reignites, however, US-Pakistan relations will take a hit. In such a scenario, Biden will be more supportive of the Afghan government than his predecessor, and will likely put increased pressure on Pakistan to convince the Taliban to end hostilities. This does not mean the signing of a power-sharing agreement in Afghanistan would guarantee smooth relations between Islamabad and Washington. Under a Biden presidency, the withdrawal of the US from Afghanistan will be gradual and conditional, and Washington will likely have some presence in the country for a long time. This could lead to renewed tensions with Islamabad.

    But whatever happens in the region in the next four years, one fundamental dynamic will remain the same: Pakistan, despite its strong strategic and economic ties to China, will need US help to continue its development and keep its economy afloat.

    Washington is Islamabad’s largest trading partner, with an annual trade volume of $ 6.5bn. Islamabad also needs Washington’s assistance to continue receiving help from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) without being forced to fully submit to the fund and allow its technocrats to shape its economy. Similarly, it also needs Washington’s support to be taken out of the increased monitoring list of the Financial Action Task Force – the global watchdog for terror financing.

    As a result, Pakistan will need to work closely with Biden during his presidency to increase economic cooperation between the two nations and have greater access to American markets. The Biden era could provide Pakistan with many economic opportunities, especially if the new president restores the US-Iran nuclear deal. This will help Pakistan access affordable Iranian gas and oil to get its struggling economy back on track.

    But Pakistan cannot sit idly by and expect the new US administration to do all the work.

    Pakistan’s discriminatory taxation laws, regulatory barriers and weak intellectual property safeguards have hindered US investments in Pakistan in the past. It should take action and implement the necessary reforms to make Pakistan an attractive partner to US business to encourage the Biden administration to invest more in the country. It should also find ways to use the sizeable Pakistani diaspora in the US as a bridge to attract more American investment.

    All in all, Biden’s victory in the presidential election is good news for Pakistan, but Islamabad will need to work hard to ensure the country benefits from the change of leadership in Washington.

    https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2...tan-relations/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    145,092
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: As Joe Biden is set to take oath as the new president of the United States in less than two weeks, Pakistan has called a high-level meeting to review its ties with the US.

    According to The News, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States Dr Asad Majeed Khan has returned to Islamabad for the high-level moot.

    Diplomatic sources told the publication that Pakistan will act cautiously in dealing with President-elect Joe Biden’s administration as they have a good idea about Pakistan and South Asian affairs.

    However, Pakistan is hoping that the new president will adopt a pragmatic approach towards Pakistan-India ties.

    Interestingly, the last Democratic administration had de-hyphenated its relationship with Pakistan from India but later declared Pakistan as its non-NATO ally; a position that it rarely attaches with the countries that stood by the United States and opted to develop a distance from it subsequently.

    Afghanistan will continue to remain an interest for the United States vis-a-vis its relations with Pakistan. The peace process in Afghanistan that was initiated by the outgoing US administration through hectic efforts is still far from a complete success.

    The Taliban leadership that entered the peace process skilfully slowed down the process and didn’t allow Americans to make gains at their behest. The Biden administration will likely continue to follow the Afghan peace process, but more prudently, the sources said.

    Meanwhile, Ambassador Dr Asad Majeed has briefed the concerned authorities in the twin cities about the possible stance that can be expected from the new administration towards Afghanistan.

    Sources say that Pakistan’s nuclear programme has been a concern for the US policymakers’ but they argued that presidents’ from the Democratic party have traditionally attached less significance to the issue.

    Pakistan’s envoy to the United States Dr Majeed will brief the officials about the policies that may be pursued by the incoming administration in Washington. Interestingly, outgoing US President Donald Trump had developed a personal rapport with Prime Minister Imran Khan and both used to refer to each other in talks.

    On the other hand, President-elect Biden has dealt with multiple Pakistani leaders, including former prime ministers Nawaz Sharif, Yousaf Raza Gillani, Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and former president Asif Ali Zardari.

    It is expected that Prime Minister Imran Khan will want to create an opportunity at the earliest to have a meeting with Biden.

    Meanwhile, defence experts are attaching significance to the visit of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa to Bahrain where he is held significant meetings.

    Interestingly, the US Centcom headquarters is situated close to Bahrain and a US defence delegation is also visiting Pakistan these days.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •