Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saj whatís your thoughts on my reply thread sent yesterday @ 7:23 regarding keeping our spinners a secret

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nado_ View Post
    Guys , he looks like heís got genuine variation, his googly has got some decent turn too.
    However will the batters or some batters eventually beable to read. His technique releasing the ball seems pretty good and it seems as though itís hard to pick.
    Why am I saying this? Heís not known much on the world level, if thereís a bit of mystery about him ie heís not been fully analysed and opposition donít know how to clearly pick him. Canít we save him and let him explode on the scene at the World Cup. We all know what mystery spinners/bowlers can do in tournaments when they havenít been figured out. I.e Mendis from Sri Lanka. Heck even when Shadab came on the scene know one could at first pick him.
    The problem with that is that he needs to play, rather than just be saved for a big tournament. It would be a huge risk to not play him.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The problem with that is that he needs to play, rather than just be saved for a big tournament. It would be a huge risk to not play him.
    Yes I know what you mean ,the downside to this tactic is releasing a raw player against the best players in the world. Hopefully his variations canít be picked well by then too.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    One of the most improved cricketers, he's quality now but used to be abysmal in his U19 days

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Says he's lost 4kgs recently.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be encouraged to play First class cricket. I’m not sure how much of attritional cricket he is used for but with his genuine turn and deceptive googly he could be an ideal replacement for Yasir Shah. Does he have flipper ?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    people getting too excited, hes only played against weak players of spin so far, to go from that to bowling in first class with a kook on flat pak pitches is a massive step.

if thats what he wants to do fair enough, but i think need to see how he does against good players in limited overs first.

unfort pak play zim and sa next so wont really find out anytime soon.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big pressure on Usman today to get Pakistan back in this game

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First over goes for 13. 2 sixes in that over, a full toss and half volley

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's being taken to the cleaners today

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally he gets a wicket, but he's overstepped. As a spinner. Sums up Pakistan's day

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It is the beginning of the end for him. He never was and never will be good enough.

The top sides will work him out easily and end his international career soon.

His honeymoon period is over.

Letís see if this time he will have the desire to to work hard on his bowling in FC cricket or if he will start crying again and announce his intentions to play for another country before they send him packing.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol writing of a player when the match was already lost by posting a below par 140 on a 190 200 pitch.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is the beginning of the end for him. He never was and never will be good enough.

Let’s see if this time he will have the desire to to work hard on his bowling in FC cricket or if he will start crying again and announce his intentions to play for another country before they send him packing.
    Had he been any good Aussies would never have sent him back as they lack quality spinners.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Had he been any good Aussies would never have sent him back as they lack quality spinners.
    Yes, they were clearly not impressed with what they saw. Zampa is far better than him.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman gets the wicket of Reeza Hendricks:

Too little, too late I'm afraid. Damage has already been done

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the kid has something. You donít judge a leggie based on T20. I really want him to play the longer format. T20s will destroy his game.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s see if this time he will have the desire to to work hard on his bowling in FC cricket or if he will start crying again and announce his intentions to play for another country before they send him packing.
    Yeah a couple of good players and hes getting smashed. I dont like the fact that even our younger generation of players support the friends ix mindset.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Struggled with gripping the ball today it seemed.

Dew factor perhaps?

Too many full tosses and half trackers.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Struggled with gripping the ball today it seemed.

Dew factor perhaps?

Too many full tosses and half trackers.
    Bowled too full and dew must have played a part.

Usman Qadir this series

Average Drift

1st T20I - 1.02į
    2nd T20I - 0.77į

Average Length

1st T20I - 4.55m
    2nd T20I - 4.15m

Qadir has bowled 40cm fuller on average today and getting a lot less drift compared to the first T20I

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Bowled too full and dew must have played a part.

Usman Qadir this series

Average Drift

1st T20I - 1.02į
    2nd T20I - 0.77į

Average Length

1st T20I - 4.55m
    2nd T20I - 4.15m

Qadir has bowled 40cm fuller on average today and getting a lot less drift compared to the first T20I
    I have played enough and watched enough to know 4 over sample size is extremely extremely small.
    Itís a double edged sword. You want large enough sample size, play him in the longer format. But a lot of people here still wouldnt want that. They want him to play domestic cricket first. I think there are times when some of our best players have toiled away in domestic cricket and spent their best years there. Bowlers are a different breed. It takes a special eye to know who can cut it and fast track them to the big leagues where they learn on the go. All our legends came this way. When we stopped doing it, the results are clear to you. Our fast bowlers in particular have been flashes in the pan over the last so many years. Like musical chairs they come and go.

We should stick to what works best for our team, not try to copy England or Australia. I realize I am no expert but the amount of turn Usman gets (and both ways) he can be a potent force for us if the team think tank puts their confidence in him.

Just my opinion...

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    He was turning it square towards the end, moved the ball both ways and was unlucky to step over and have a catch dropped, he looks like a good prospect. Pak should continue to ease his development into international cricket, specifically the LOI squads.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letís see if this time he will have the desire to to work hard on his bowling in FC cricket or if he will start crying again and announce his intentions to play for another country before they send him packing.
    so now we have a fortune teller on pp. Sir can you please throw some light on the future of some other current players like Shaheen Afridi, Babar Azam and Rizwan?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He was turning it square towards the end, moved the ball both ways and was unlucky to step over and have a catch dropped, he looks like a good prospect. Pak should continue to ease his development into international cricket, specifically the LOI squads.
    Yes that was strange.

3 ordinary overs and then the 4th over which was brilliant and as you say he was turning it lots in that final over.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he is not as talented as some people may think; in U-19 days there was another leg spinner Shahzaib who was comfortably better than him; wonder what happen to Shahzaib may be @Saj know

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    he is not as talented as some people may think; in U-19 days there was another leg spinner Shahzaib who was comfortably better than him; wonder what happen to Shahzaib may be @Saj know
    Shahzaib Ahmed.

Now struggling to find a place in domestic cricket.

He last played in first-class in 2017, his last T20 was in 205 and his last List-A match was in 2016.

We interviewed him a year ago:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...light=shahzaib
    Last edited by Saj; 14th February 2021 at 02:04.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shahzaib Ahmed.

Now struggling to find a place in domestic cricket.

He last played in first-class in 2017, his last T20 was in 205 and his last List-A match was in 2016.

We interviewed him a year ago:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...light=shahzaib
    Thanks @Saj. Feel sorry for Shahzaib. He was pretty talented and I thought one day will represent Pakistan. But it was not meant to be.

His story reminds me of another player, a fast bowler who was very good in U-19, shades of Wasim Akram, he was in the team where Anwar Ali made the name in U-19 final, I am forgetting his name but he was damn good

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can we please give the guy a break and dont write him off so early after just one bad game.

Yes he had an off day today, but thats the risk of playing leggies. Lets see if he can come back strong. You got to back your leg spinners. They win you matches.

This was a 170 pitch, so lets focus on the real issue which was our batsmen.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He tries too many things every ball hence the poor hit me balls. Keep tidy then use your weapons. Otherwise, he will leak runs and take away the pressure from the opposition.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Unlucky for stepping over the line no excuses but a spinner should not be stepping over the line.anyways hes a good prospect and should be backed

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Saj. Feel sorry for Shahzaib. He was pretty talented and I thought one day will represent Pakistan. But it was not meant to be.

His story reminds me of another player, a fast bowler who was very good in U-19, shades of Wasim Akram, he was in the team where Anwar Ali made the name in U-19 final, I am forgetting his name but he was damn good
    Jamshed... yes, brilliant lad. But I understand he had some injuries and then fell out of favor after that. Another one in the long list of what could have been, sadly.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman gets into the action on his 2nd ball of the match!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He defonitely done enough 7/10 performance

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan no 1 View Post
    so now we have a fortune teller on pp. Sir can you please throw some light on the future of some other current players like Shaheen Afridi, Babar Azam and Rizwan?
    Shaheen will become Pakistanís best bowler of this generation, much better than some ďgreatsĒ such as Waqar Younis, but will pale in comparison to his contemporaries such as Mohammad Siraj and Sam Curran.

Babar Azam will go down as greater than Younis Khan, but if he was in the Indian team he wouldnít even get a look in because he is no match for Shreyas Iyer let alone KL Rahul.

Rizwan is the greatest wicket keeper Pakistan has ever produced. Unfortunately Pakistan is a talentless country and he would have to continue this form in Test cricket for another 10 years just to be comparable to MS Dhoni.

Usman Qadir is a shell of his father, a traitor who I will never support. I only support Pakistanis borne and bred who work their way up from scraps, like Haris Rauf.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jamshed Ahmed. Couldnít get an opportunity for his department team (PIA I believe) and never had the courage to move to another department since he was financially dependent on PIAís salary.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Shaheen will become Pakistanís best bowler of this generation, much better than some ďgreatsĒ such as Waqar Younis, but will pale in comparison to his contemporaries such as Mohammad Siraj and Sam Curran.

Babar Azam will go down as greater than Younis Khan, but if he was in the Indian team he wouldnít even get a look in because he is no match for Shreyas Iyer let alone KL Rahul.

Rizwan is the greatest wicket keeper Pakistan has ever produced. Unfortunately Pakistan is a talentless country and he would have to continue this form in Test cricket for another 10 years just to be comparable to MS Dhoni.

Usman Qadir is a shell of his father, a traitor who I will never support. I only support Pakistanis borne and bred who work their way up from scraps, like Haris Rauf.
    Haris Rauf is a rock thrower who won't ever amount to anything.

Shadab and Faheem ate cricketers who can't decide if they're batsman or bowlers and thus will keep failing.

Mohammad Wasim of Northern Shorthern, the failed batsmen, is a false messiah who has tricked us with his flashy PowerPoint presentations, the chief purpose of which is to satisfy ex team mates with populist selections.

But this is fine, because Pakistan is a minnow level team, without any talent, brains or infrastructure.

We don't deserve any better because we #have a rotten mentality. We #deserve this humiliation.

*Lol, the posts have actually gotten predictable at this point.*

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Jamshed... yes, brilliant lad. But I understand he had some injuries and then fell out of favor after that. Another one in the long list of what could have been, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Jamshed Ahmed. Couldn’t get an opportunity for his department team (PIA I believe) and never had the courage to move to another department since he was financially dependent on PIA’s salary.
    Thanks guys. What is Jamshed Ahmed doing now? If he is not playing cricket anymore then he probably lost his job in PIA too.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Qadir making his ODI debut in the 3rd ODI against South Africa:

Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  199.4 KBName:  amir2.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  217.8 KB

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Usman Qadir making his ODI debut in the 3rd ODI against South Africa:

Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  199.4 KBName:  amir2.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  217.8 KB
    He looks toned down. I always find leggies exciting to watch. waiting to see whether it is a success or a disaster start

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Qadir with a beauty! Slides one in straighter and completely bamboozles Jon-Jon Smuts, takes his middle stump. Great start to his ODI career

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He has bowled some beauties along with rubbish.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    He has bowled some beauties along with rubbish.
    That was a veteran's delivery. Wow. Leggies are only second to fast bowlers when it comes to entertainment!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hasn't bowled that well as of yet. He bowled some full tosses. Lets see how he will do later in the innings.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    That was a veteran's delivery. Wow. Leggies are only second to fast bowlers when it comes to entertainment!
    If he is to have a career, he better get more consistency more quickly. Better batsman will take him to the cleaners

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    On average he is over pitching around 4 balls an over. He is bowling like a guy bowling in the U19 team, not the full team. He has ability but its wasted if you can't land the ball consistently

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good spell bowled some top class deliveries and some rubbish bowls . overall i would take them figures

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On average he is over pitching around 4 balls an over. He is bowling like a guy bowling in the U19 team, not the full team. He has ability but its wasted if you can't land the ball consistently
    He bowled good enough id take that from his first game in odis

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would take Qadir any day of the week.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Miles better than Shadab Khan. Still has a long way to go though.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has decent variations but, really needs to work hard on his accuracy.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    He bowled good enough id take that from his first game in odis
    I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting more control. Based on today's showing, He has no control of length and a half decent batsman would have hit out of the attack. I hope it's the start of a good career because watching the mediocrity of Imad, Shadab and today's showing MN( although he took wickets) makes me want to tear my hair out.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    Miles better than Shadab Khan. Still has a long way to go though.
    Shadab is a poor and I hope UQ develops because he was also very poor. Based on today's evidence he doesn't know where the ball will land most of the time. Maybe it was nerves and the desperation to get the ball to the other end but I was hoping for more control, even if he got hit.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt in my mind that Usman Qadir needs to be a permanent member of the team in white ball cricket.

I know the stunt that he tried to pull when he wasn't in contention and I despise him for that. If he was never considered for the team based on that reason, I would've been content.

However, now since the selectors have selected him, he needs to be a part of the team permanently.

Will he get caned by better batting teams? Absolutely. But so will Shadab. Usman doesn't need to be the best leg spinner in the world to be a part of the team. He just needs to be the best leg spinner in the country which he is almost. For me it's a toss up between him and Zahid Mehmood.

Shadab is an absolute fraud when it comes to bowling. Doesn't spin the ball, doesn't flight the ball, doesn't contain, doesn't take wickets. So why is he in the team? Usman has lot of varieties and that is why he doesn't have much consistency in landing the ball on a spot. But it's his varieties that allows him to nick a wicket here and there.

Against better teams, Usman will get a pasting but the important thing is to still persist with him. Accept that he will go for 70-80 in a match from time to time. Adil Rashid goes for aplenty every 3rd or 4th match but he's still an integral part of the England team. We need to treat Usman the same way. His only job is to get a wicket in the middle overs. Runs should not be his concern.

After a long time, finally Pakistan has gotten a spinner that can actually turn the ball. Need to preserve that quality. Sick of seeing guys like Shadab, Imad, Nawaz just dart the ball.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled well for a debutant leggie .

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree he needs to work on accuracy and the reason for lack of accuracy is lack of 4 day cricket. If he improves accuracy he will become the modern day Warne no exaggeration. His flipper reminded me of Warne the way it rushes on to the batsman. For now he's an upgrade on Shadab Khan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure he is the answer for ODIs. But don't mind him for T20s .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    I agree he needs to work on accuracy and the reason for lack of accuracy is lack of 4 day cricket. If he improves accuracy he will become the modern day Warne no exaggeration. His flipper reminded me of Warne the way it rushes on to the batsman. For now he's an upgrade on Shadab Khan
    You're right, a leggie has to play 4 day games to master his skill. No short cut, has to bowl 15-25 overs in a day .

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked a bit nervous today but that is understandable for debuting in a series decider. I like him and his varieties. A wicket taking leg spinner is worth their weight in gold in white ball cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely fantastic bowler. Has everything except experience. In a year or two he will be lethal.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't do too badly in the last ODI, but showed enough weaknesses (lack of control, length, bowling 4 balls) that it's clear to me he has a long and difficult road ahead.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting more control. Based on today's showing, He has no control of length and a half decent batsman would have hit out of the attack. I hope it's the start of a good career because watching the mediocrity of Imad, Shadab and today's showing MN( although he took wickets) makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Hes a attacking spinner he will always go for runs but he will be a wicket taker and as long as hes taking wickets i will take that.but hopefully with more experience he will control his length better.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a good bowler.He has all the variations.Spin bowlers donít peak early except Afghans.He just needs more experience.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I like his varieties, his aggression and his skill-level. The only weak area at the moment is his lack of control at times which results in a poor delivery, usually a half-tracker.

He's improved a lot and he deserves credit for making those improvements.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was very, very impressed. the mistakes were some length bowls and I see no reason someone as talented as him can't fix it.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can be a little all over the place, but he is a wicket taker and can be a match winner.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some ridiculous praise for this guy.

You do know he is not gonna improve his accuracy as he is already above 25.

He bowled terribly that day. Yes he spins the ball more than any spinner but thrre is no point if he cant control.

Nawaz had less spin, yet nawaz picked three wickets as he was dead accurate. Look at the way nawaz got bavuma.

Usman qadir just throws the ball and hopes that it will lead accurate. No point in having a bowler who bowls 2-3 bad balls every over. It ends up taking the pressure off.

Any good batsmen would had attacked qadir that day.

I love warching qadirs spin, as it gives saeed ajmal vibes, but once can clearly see he bowls bad delieveries which could be costly for us in future

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Some ridiculous praise for this guy.

You do know he is not gonna improve his accuracy as he is already above 25.

He bowled terribly that day. Yes he spins the ball more than any spinner but thrre is no point if he cant control.

Nawaz had less spin, yet nawaz picked three wickets as he was dead accurate. Look at the way nawaz got bavuma.

Usman qadir just throws the ball and hopes that it will lead accurate. No point in having a bowler who bowls 2-3 bad balls every over. It ends up taking the pressure off.

Any good batsmen would had attacked qadir that day.

I love warching qadirs spin, as it gives saeed ajmal vibes, but once can clearly see he bowls bad delieveries which could be costly for us in future
    Firstly English please, I notice a lack of eloquence in your post. Secondly, should Pak replace oldie Usman with 158 year old Ifti to please your lord and saviour Misbah ul Clueless ?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    As I said back in February, the end is near for him. He is not international class and there is a reason why he was booted out by Australia.

Pakistanís spin bowling stocks are the worst in the world. The lack of talent is embarrassing.

We would be losing to Bangladesh and Afghanistan at home in Tests in a few years when Yasir retires.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He's like a spin-bowling version of Haris Rauf.

Some great deliveries, some brilliance, but add to that some absolute rubbish in every over, due to trying too many different things.

Consistency the key.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bad day at the office but hey he is human.

I am backing him to come back stronger in the next one.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not gonna drop him now. Considering how much turn he gets, he's a must in India.

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He couldn't land the ball consistently and thus had no rhythm at all. I would like him to slow the deliveries and give the ball a bit more air. Hopefully he gets better as the series progresses.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowls alot of rubbish in pretty much every over but that comes with the territory when you're a leg-spinner.

Fact is he still possesses the ability to bowl amazing deliveries that can bamboozle the batsmen. And the only way he will get better is if he keep playing international cricket.

And I would much prefer him to Shadab who desperately needs some time in domestic to rediscover himself. Because he has completely lost the plot in recent years.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldnt have said it better. Need to work on his accuracy, cant keep on bowling full tosses, short balls and half volleys to international batsmen so often.

He has decent variations so if he can improve his control he can be useful.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Some great deliveries, some brilliance, but add to that some absolute rubbish in every over, due to trying too many different things.

Consistency the key.
    He needs to bowl lots overs in open nets and I mean 100s of overs and get his lengths right. As I said the other day, he bowls like an U19 leg spinner and not a FC spinner

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    You're not gonna drop him now. Considering how much turn he gets, he's a must in India.
    The problem is turn only counts if you land the ball on the deck and also if you don't bowl it half way down the track.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He needs to bowl lots overs in open nets and I mean 100s of overs and get his lengths right. As I said the other day, he bowls like an U19 leg spinner and not a FC spinner
    Another with not enough first-class matches. He's only played 11 first-class matches since his debut in 2013.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His lengths are horrible from the 2 matches I've seen. Just real bad bowling

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will go for plenty definitely but he should be persisted with. Pakistan doesn't have the luxury of ready made bowlers so they have to create bowlers. Adil Rashid bowls a rubbish ball every over yet he's one of the most vital cog in England's bowling. Qadir will get better if he continuously bowls in international cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, leg spin is hard to master in , there is no short cut, practice , practice and practice. Also lack of experience in FC cricket causing this problem. He needs to play 4 day games and should bowl in nets for hours on daily basis .