Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also, be assured heís not going to be dropped. He will play all 5 of the Shaheenís T20 games against NZ A and the provincial teams.

He performs there, nothing to worry about. Will be a permanent Shaheens fixture, and will get domestic first class time which is the most important thing for him right now.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    @MMHS what do u think?!
    Didn't see enough to think. I hope he plays tonight, hopefully more than 2 balls so that I can see a little more.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These youngsters may have the skills to succeed in the future but maybe try not to overhype them?

Calling Haider the next AB and claiming Abdullah to be already the best player in Pakistan and the next Kohli certainly sets high expectations from the fans, and when they fail to last 5-balls and get out the way they did, some fans will bash them as this won't be the first time youngsters have been overhyped and compared to legends only to flop spectacularly.

Haider and Abdullah will get plenty of chances to prove themselves.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Love watching him bat, Should take Williamson as a example, three ducks in his first 5 ODI games he had, now look at him

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely he is not ready yet.

Needs to go back and work hard.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel bad for the lad.

Needs to be mentally very tough to comeback for these disappointments.

He remains special, but talent alone doesn't get you there.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sad for him.

Been playing cricket for the past 15 years.

For the past 5 years, he's woke up every day at 5am. Went for a run. Then practiced in the nets EVERY day for 5-6 hours. Then at night did a gym session. Meanwhile, he was eating clean.

Played Sialkot group cricket, and has been the best performer at EVERY level. By a huge margin. With others scoring centuries, he'd score 180+ scores in 50 over games.

After years of struggle, he FINALLY makes his senior level debut. Plays for Central Punjab second XI.

In his first ever tournament, he scores 500+ runs averaging 68 with a double hundred.

Then makes his first-class debut. Scores 133.

Has almost a year off from professional cricket. In that period, once again he's training EVERY SINGLE day minimum 5 hours. Neglected in the PSL but kept working.

Now he gets selected to play National T20. Scored 102* off 50 balls on T20 debut. Impresses in the other games with a few 50's and a few starts.

Selected to play for Pakistan. Makes 41* on T20 debut. Does brilliantly.

Now goes to New Zealand(never left Asia before) - does pretty well in all practice games. Scores 30 in each practice game.

Then after only 4 balls across 2 games, he is abused by many in Pakistan and written off.

So so unlucky and unfair. Give him AT LEAST 5 games.

T20 is not his best format, but this guy is a special batsman. A special cricketer.
    I generally follow the subject of your posts given that you highlight young talents however I feel you regularly overstate the case of certain players.

That said, I understand where you're coming from regarding Abdullah.

As a fan culture, us Pakistanis have so many memories of youngsters thrown in the deep end coming good. What it's done is lost us the understanding that different players develop at different speeds. We get impatient if youngsters aren't worldbeaters and take out our frustrations of defeat on them. If it was our own brother would we like them to be treated in a similar way?

I feel that Abdullah Shafique will probably play the third ODI, because I can't see Misbah trying Rizwan for a third time as an opener, and we don't have any other openers barring Abdullah and Haider.

If you have any contact with him, please tell him to think positively. The path to success is paved with initial failures. People like Smith, Rohit, Buttler and Kohli didn't start out like a house on fire either. InshAllah Abdullah will come good.

When he goes out to bat he should remember how things can go well, rather than thinking how they can go wrong. Success and failure is from Allah, but he should play with hope and optimism, because he should believe that he merits playing for Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Feel sad for him.

For the past 5 years, he's woke up every day at 5am. Went for a run. Then practiced in the nets EVERY day for 5-6 hours. Then at night did a gym session. Meanwhile, he was eating clean.

Played Sialkot group cricket, and has been the best performer at EVERY level. By a huge margin. With others scoring centuries, he'd score 180+ scores in 50 over games.

After years of struggle, he FINALLY makes his senior level debut. Plays for Central Punjab second XI.

In his first ever tournament, he scores 500+ runs averaging 68 with a double hundred.

Has almost a year off from professional cricket. In that period, once again he's training EVERY SINGLE day minimum 5 hours. Neglected in the PSL but kept working.

Now he gets selected to play National T20. Scored 102* off 50 balls on T20 debut. Impresses in the other games with a few 50's and a few starts.

Now goes to New Zealand(never left Asia before) - does pretty well in all practice games. Scores 30 in each practice game.

Then after only 4 balls across 2 games, he is abused by many in Pakistan and written off.

T20 is not his best format, but this guy is a special batsman. A special cricketer.
    It's great that you're personally invested him and it's assuring that he puts in the hard yards. However fast tracking youngsters so early in their development phase is counterproductive.

The gap between domestic and international cricket is too big to be chucking in youngsters into the deep end like this. Abdullah should've played 15-20 FC matches before debuting in any format. He should've been playing QEA Trophy instead of sitting on bench vs Zimbabwe.

On this trip, he should've played the 4 dayer vs NZ A. Whatever he decides to do from here, I hope he isn't overfed a diet of T20 cricket. Hopefully in the off season, Covid permitting, he could play league cricket in England and gain experience of facing the moving ball.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    It's great that you're personally invested him and it's assuring that he puts in the hard yards. However fast tracking youngsters so early in their development phase is counterproductive.

The gap between domestic and international cricket is too big to be chucking in youngsters into the deep end like this. Abdullah should've played 15-20 FC matches before debuting in any format. He should've been playing QEA Trophy instead of sitting on bench vs Zimbabwe.

On this trip, he should've played the 4 dayer vs NZ A. Whatever he decides to do from here, I hope he isn't overfed a diet of T20 cricket. Hopefully in the off season, Covid permitting, he could play league cricket in England and gain experience of facing the moving ball.
    He cannot play league cricket as he doesn't have 5 first-class games, or 5 T20's, or 20 list-a games.

A total mess thanks to Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    4 balls is all for him to be written off!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4 balls is all for him to be written off!
    Nice essay but if youíre being bounced out on a flat deck (Whilst closing your eyes) by Tim Southee then you arenít cut out to be playing international cricket.

Needs to get regular PSL gigs and come back in three years time when heís more weíll rounded

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sad for him.

Not a fan of this "give me at least 3 tries as an opener" business in Pakistan cricket. Playing for the team is a privilege not a right and should be viewed as such. Fair or no you have to make an impression every chance you get, because plenty others are waiting in the wings.

Reading your post carefully seems like this guy may be a case of over engineering and a little too "perfect", maybe auditioning for a beauty competition instead of fighting it out in the middle. Looks like he will get a shot with the shaheens so hope he will prove me wrong there. But so far what I've seen, not sure if I've ever seen anything like this from a Pak top order bat. And there have been some awful ones.
    Last edited by ShoaibM; 22nd December 2020 at 05:25.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope he plays today. Donít have much hope of common sense from Misbah and co

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    I hope he plays today. Don’t have much hope of common sense from Misbah and co
    Dropped for 3rd T20I.

Wise decision?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This right here is why the sooner Misbah leaves, the better. Horrible way to treat anyone much less an upcoming 20 year old. 2 matches, two freaking matches and that's it.

And remember this is after keeping him on the bench for the Zim series and as a consequence he didn't play an FC matches. And even in NZ, didn't play the Shaheen's match.
    Last edited by Arsal_AK; 22nd December 2020 at 11:44.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post
    Not a fan of this "give me at least 3 tries as an opener" business in Pakistan cricket. Playing for the team is a privilege not a right and should be viewed as such. Fair or no you have to make an impression every chance you get, because plenty others are waiting in the wings.

Reading your post carefully seems like this guy may be a case of over engineering and a little too "perfect", maybe auditioning for a beauty competition instead of fighting it out in the middle. Looks like he will get a shot with the shaheens so hope he will prove me wrong there. But so far what I've seen, not sure if I've ever seen anything like this from a Pak top order bat. And there have been some awful ones.
    you have to give chances you cant just drop someone after two games look at babar he was struggling in tests but now hes firing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    This right here is why the sooner Misbah leaves, the better. Horrible way to treat anyone much less an upcoming 20 year old. 2 matches, two freaking matches and that's it.

And remember this is after keeping him on the bench for the Zim series and as a consequence he didn't play an FC matches. And even in NZ, didn't play the Shaheen's match.
    exactly he should hsve been given the last game azwell just as rizwan haider were given the last game

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Dropped for 3rd T20I.

Wise decision?
    no i would have played him 100 percent

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoaibM View Post

Younger players need a proper run.

If you pick and trust them, give the player at least 10-15 matches.

Yes, TTFs should never get a long run and should be able to perform immediately. A guy like Kamran Akmal should hit the ground running but rookies do need time to get used to the environment.

If you don't believe in the rookie, why are you picking him? Wait until he's ready in your eyes and then give him those 10-15 matches.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If abdullah end his domestic games this year on high note he should give proper run in odis

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me the best thing for Abdullah will be if he is ignored for 2 years and gets to play 18-20 fc games and then return this will allow him to perform better and he will still be young on return 23-24.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been put back in the Shaheens T20 squad - why not try him for Tests?
    I think it's better for him to be in Shaheen's squad because the way he played in 1st 2 T20's he looked scared and nervous.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Hopefully some runs for the Shaheens will boost his confidence.

One thing is for certain, he will have realised what a big step it is from Pakistan domestic to international cricket.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Hopefully some runs for the Shaheens will boost his confidence.

One thing is for certain, he will have realised what a big step it is from Pakistan domestic to international cricket.
    Incredibly important that both he and Danish Aziz play all 5 Shaheens' games. Ifti should not be played in a development squad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like a hardworker who has worked exceptionally hard on his technique and fitness from a young age, but he does not possess any extra ordinary talent. Just compare his debut in NZ and Umar Akmal's debut there on a green top vs Shane Bond and the difference is obvious.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post

Yes, TTFs should never get a long run and should be able to perform immediately. A guy like Kamran Akmal should hit the ground running but rookies do need time to get used to the environment.

If you don't believe in the rookie, why are you picking him? Wait until he's ready in your eyes and then give him those 10-15 matches.
    totally agree with your statement

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he needs to play all the shaheens t20 games along zeeshan malik,danish aziz

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Pacy with wisdom thoughts on Abdullah, technically speaking? He has a lot of time to play the ball (not as much as Haider or Babar, maybe) but is very correct and maintains a cool process-oriented approach to his batting. Scoring a 100 to chase 200 on debut with 2 wickets already down, you donít see that everyday.

Weíve been in need of good chasers in ODI cricket, who know how to pace the innings well and then finish the game. No point throwing him off the deep end for failing to smash a few sixes in a T20I.

There is room for him in the setup, even if heís not the hottest commodity right now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Needs to be given all 5 T20's vs NZ A

Should aim for at least 1 hundred.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Needs to be given all 5 T20's vs NZ A

Should aim for at least 1 hundred.
    If possible, please make sure he doesnít take the criticism heís currently getting the wrong way and try to become a T20 hack! Heís better than that, potentially a great batsman in the making.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    @Pacy with wisdom thoughts on Abdullah, technically speaking? He has a lot of time to play the ball (not as much as Haider or Babar, maybe) but is very correct and maintains a cool process-oriented approach to his batting. Scoring a 100 to chase 200 on debut with 2 wickets already down, you donít see that everyday.

Weíve been in need of good chasers in ODI cricket, who know how to pace the innings well and then finish the game. No point throwing him off the deep end for failing to smash a few sixes in a T20I.

There is room for him in the setup, even if heís not the hottest commodity right now.

Very much a confidence players who can sometimes get into a mental tangle.

This is why he needs to be handled with a lot care. It was imperative that he was adjusted into the line-up in a format he was most comfortable with.

Instead, they rushed him into t20's which require the most expression out of all the formats, when it is clear that he hasn't developed that confidence to excel there yet.

If Mickey was coach, i would have been certain that he would develop into Pakistan's Williamson; their styles are also very similar.
    Let's hope that for his sake, Misbah doesn't stay around for too long.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post

I was a little surprised he got dropped for the third T20 I mean come on. And for Hussain Talat who I dont rate much as an International cricketer so yeah would have been ok with being given a run. And you are right I am generally in favor of backing youngsters once you decide to pick them back them up and give them a proper run.

What I am against is the mindset that they somehow deserve a long run free of criticism simply based on their past performances. They are open to criticism just like anyone else and should be judged by fans as anyone else is. Its up to them to prove us wrong with their performances, not this "Lets not be too criticial munna bacha pehli game hay".

And yes, maybe dont want to be too harsh either but criticism of approach is fair game. The manner of his dismissals has not induced confidence. Just because Williamson overcame a few ducks doesnt mean everyone should follow that playbook. You have to show grit and determination even if the runs arent quite there.

Having said that, totally agree it was a bad move for Misbah to drop him but hey thats Pak cricket isnt it!
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 24th December 2020 at 07:20. Reason: profanity edited out.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abdullah did well in the practice games but sadly couldn't perform in the 2 T20's. I think he will perform for Shaheen's inshAllah and Muhammad Wasim will pick him vs Saf. Needs to be persisted with with Haider Ali

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to be backed and be given a reasonable oportunities before dropping him for particular format.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Abdullah did well in the practice games but sadly couldn't perform in the 2 T20's. I think he will perform for Shaheen's inshAllah and Muhammad Wasim will pick him vs Saf. Needs to be persisted with with Haider Ali
    He has to bat with an agressive oppener if your going to bat him with rizwan you might azwell let him play domestic were he will actually learn

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Disappointing outing for him in New Zealand - hope he can recover his confidence and get cracking again.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just needs more domestic time, he is so young. I believe in his talent.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Selected for Pakistan ODI squad for England and West Indies tours! So will he actually play or carry drinks?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selected for Pakistan ODI squad for England and West Indies tours! So will he actually play or carry drinks?
    This is fine. Shaheen carried the drinks for a few series too. We have nothing to lose but exposing Abdullah to international cricket without the pressure of having to score runs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a test player ..and needs game time. Missed out last season but we can not afford him to carry drinks amd not play the format he is suited for

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    He is a test player ..and needs game time. Missed out last season but we can not afford him to carry drinks amd not play the format he is suited for
    He has to waite his turn it's good to be part of the squad but he should not be dragged in the starting xi just for the sake of it

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He scored 106 in an inter-squad practice game today.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He had to miss the whole season of Quaid-e-Azam trophy last year just because of some useless T20s.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Good start to the tour of England for him.

Hopefully he'll be given a chance or two in England.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good start to the tour of England for him.

Hopefully he'll be given a chance or two in England.
    Lots of competition right now to see who gets a go. Really tough for him to fit in just now.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You forget that he is in these squads. The lad needs to play rather than become a professional tourist

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he Asad Shafiq's son?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    You forget that he is in these squads. The lad needs to play rather than become a professional tourist
    Yea, the boy gets too much stick. I mean in terms of tests i'd love to slot him in as an opener but right now the competition is high to get into the ODI team with the players that have been selected.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I know Pakistan has a tendency to promote youngsters, but it is ridiculous how overhyped this guy is. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve a run in the national team and yet people are pushing for him in all formats lolol.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    I know Pakistan has a tendency to promote youngsters, but it is ridiculous how overhyped this guy is. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve a run in the national team and yet people are pushing for him in all formats lolol.
    Who knows, somebody must be backing him. He certainly flopped in NZ, I would say just play him now and see what happens. Question is where does he fit in the ODI team just now?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    He had to miss the whole season of Quaid-e-Azam trophy last year just because of some useless T20s.
    Yeah and it is absolutely criminal. This is why we don't have good batsmen, we don't seem to know the first thing about how to develop one.

Ideally he should have played the whole QeA season or even better, part of the QeA season before and after NZ tour. This would have meant missing the Zim series (he was on the bench anyway and it was an LOI series). He should have played the two first class games with the A team in NZ (which he was selected for in the first place). Instead he got no FC matches and a total of 6 T20 games (3 were internationals) for the whole season, and was then dumped from the sqaud.

The idea of taking promising youngsters on tour is a good one but it shouldn't come at the expense of them missing the premier domestic FC tournament, especially when all they are doing on tour is warming the bench.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks a class player. He’s got to play games (be it one day, test or FC) rather than just hanging out around the squad all year
    Last edited by OMB; 5th July 2021 at 13:42.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His dismal to husnain in the intra match shows that he's extremely week against the short ball.he must improve otherwise he will get be a walking wicket.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    His dismal to husnain in the intra match shows that he's extremely week against the short ball.he must improve otherwise he will get be a walking wicket.
    Are you talking about the video uploaded on youtube by Pakistan cricket? If so, i think Husnain's 3rd wicket of the short ball was of Sohaib, not Abdullah.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What happened to this guy? After all the hype he hasn't featured in the recent PSL.

I notice he hasn't increased his grand tally of 1 FC Game either, so what's he been doing instead?

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What happened to this guy? After all the hype he hasn't featured in the recent PSL.

I notice he hasn't increased his grand tally of 1 FC Game either, so what's he been doing instead?
    Misbah frustratingly carries fringe players on tours rather than letting them play cricket.

I had shared the YouTube link of his batting in the practice game but I guess we canít post links here. Itís worth a watch - classy shot making.

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very poor player whenever I have seen him. It seems like he knows some dark secrets ooff PCB otherwise I don't know why Pakistan would keep on picking him.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SangasCoverDrive View Post
    A very poor player whenever I have seen him. It seems like he knows some dark secrets ooff PCB otherwise I don't know why Pakistan would keep on picking him.
    What makes you say he’s a poor batsmen?

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakEngFan View Post
    What makes you say he’s a poor batsmen?
    His technique and temperament

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Misbah frustratingly carries fringe players on tours rather than letting them play cricket.

I had shared the YouTube link of his batting in the practice game but I guess we canít post links here. Itís worth a watch - classy shot making.
    Keep picking him for what..when has played a match and dont include the 2020s. Azam khan and asif ali seem to get in from no where...

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    Keep picking him for what..when has played a match and dont include the 2020s. Azam khan and asif ali seem to get in from no where...
    That is the issue. He keeps getting picked for tours but never gets a game. Heíd be better off playing domestic cricket.

I also donít think he should be playing T20s just yet. Let him start with 50 over cricket and then tests after getting some FC experience

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To be honest he hasnt had a proper chance. Give him 5 international innings in a row and then we can properly make a call.

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    To be honest he hasnt had a proper chance. Give him 5 international innings in a row and then we can properly make a call.
    First give him 5 FC games.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Throw out generic statements......

Nothing wrong with either.

Just a very young player, needs time to see if he has what it takes

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Are you talking about the video uploaded on youtube by Pakistan cricket? If so, i think Husnain's 3rd wicket of the short ball was of Sohaib, not Abdullah.
    Thankyou for clarifying.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    That is the issue. He keeps getting picked for tours but never gets a game. Heíd be better off playing domestic cricket.

I also donít think he should be playing T20s just yet. Let him start with 50 over cricket and then tests after getting some FC experience
    Thier hasn't been any domestic cricket since last year.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

Misbah selected him for the long NZ tour so he missed the whole first class season. The next season hasn't started yet. I dont think he was picked in the original PSL draft.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Thier hasn't been any domestic cricket since last year.
    Right and Abdullah missed the entire last season to play those 2 t20s in NZ.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Another series, another non-appearance and more air miles

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone give me some information about this guy? Why is he in every squad despite having played only 1 FC match?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Can someone give me some information about this guy? Why is he in every squad despite having played only 1 FC match?
    If he is not better than Current pak openers then he should leave cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    He's played a bunch of 2nd XI games iirc and was pretty impressive in those. I've also seen him in a few videos online and he looks pretty solid, although it is still pretty odd to pick him only after one FC game.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another series, another non-appearance and more air miles
    Looks like bronze card with one of the airlines will be coming before his test debut.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop imran butt, make Azhar open the batting, and play Abdullah at #3.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most highly anticipated debut. Bring him on for the next test match.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    One of the most highly anticipated debut. Bring him on for the next test match.
    Not happening. Expect Butt to continue and be replaced by another TTF in the next series.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please drop one of Abid or Butt for this kid. It's worth a try.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    absolute joke the way his careers been handled, one first class game nearly two years ago and have put him in a bubble since therefore he cant even play.

deserves a debut just for bench warming for so long but theres no way he can be match ready. fear if he gets a go he'll flop drop and disappear like so many mismanaged youngsters.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Has to play and if he doesn't the guys that chose him should be sacked

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    Please drop one of Abid or Butt for this kid. It's worth a try.
    Get rid of both