Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

PDM and opposition in Pakistan ignores govt. guidelines amid rising COVID cases, vows to hold jalsa

Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that those who had criticized him over the coronavirus situation, are now playing reckless politics with people’s safety.

Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar had earlier tweeted that the coronavirus positivity ratio in Peshawar was 13.39% on Friday. Umar tweeted that 202 patients are in critical care, out of which 50 are on low flow oxygen, 134 on high flow and 18 patients are on ventilators.

“Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) response: we will be safe on the stage so who cares what happens to citizens,” Umar added.

Responding to his tweet, the PM said that the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) is defying court orders and holding a jalsa when cases are rising dramatically.

Despite the Peshawar administration’s refusal to grant permission, the PDM has planned a public rally on Sunday. Maryam Nawaz Sharif, Bilawal-Bhutto Zardari, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, and other opposition leaders are expected to deliver speeches.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/40034...ke-in-covid-19

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Some of the gibberish that the likes of Rana Sanaullah came up with to defend this recently is beyond cringeworthy.

iT’s A cOnSpIrAcY aGaInSt Us

Can’t expect much more from ‘leaders’ like this, though.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Opposition should understand sensitivity of COVID-19: FM Qureshi

MULTAN: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Hussain Qureshi on Saturday said that opposition should understand sensitivity of novel coronavirus and did not put lives of people at risk for only their political purpose.

“Government is not afraid of public meetings of opposition as neither it make, nor it dislodge governments,” he expressed these views during his meetings with different delegations in his constituency.

Qureshi observed that the government was very much concerned about human lives in wake of second wave of coronavirus.

After government and courts direction, he said that the opposition parties have no legal or ethical right to hold public meetings amid pandemic COVID 19.

Qureshi remarked that the opposition was doing politics of self-interests only. It wanted to create unrest in the country.

To bent on holding public meetings amid coronavirus indicates opposition’s undemocratic and irresponsible attitude, said Qureshi.

He added that all political parties should follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to COVID 19.

Qureshi noted that the second wave of coronavirus was at peak and the incumbent government was striving hard to keep pubic lives safe and secure.

He lamented that Opposition was demonstrating irresponsible role at the crucial phase.

Opposition should not play politics amid peak of coronavirus, he maintained.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/40034...-19-fm-qureshi

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PDM kicks off Peshawar power show amid row over rally permission

The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) kicked off its fourth power show today in Peshawar, despite being refused the permission to hold a public gathering by the local administration, citing an exponential rise in coronavirus cases.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2273111...lly-permission

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fine each of the crooks 10 crore. And do it every jalsa

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Immy has no writ over anything. Politicians and criminals alike see him as a clown. He might as well resign and let somebody competent to take over.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Immy has no writ over anything. Politicians and criminals alike see him as a clown. He might as well resign and let somebody competent to take over.
    He is a coward. These are not my words, his main supporter journalist said it recently.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    He is a coward. These are not my words, his main supporter journalist said it recently.
    No doubt! He gets fidgety legs whenever he has to take a strong decision. A very meek person!

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt! He gets fidgety legs whenever he has to take a strong decision. A very meek person!
    A person who is constantly critical of the country, people , the religion, the leadership, why don't you emigrate to a different country of your choice where may be you would like the country and its people.
    Last edited by Manunited18; 22nd November 2020 at 21:22. Reason: Mistakes

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    A person who is constantly critical of the country, people , the religion, the leadership, why don't you emigrate to a different country of your choice where may be you would like the country and its people.
    In order to fix our problems, first, we need to acknowledge our shortcomings. There is nothing wrong in being critical of the country. We all must speak the truth.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No wonder the flop opposition parties insisted on going ahead with the jalsa they knew nobody would come anyway and social distancing would happen on its own

Dr @Mamoon quite a crisp slap on your face that they city you reside in wholeheartedly supports IK.
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd November 2020 at 22:29.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So you not blaming the idiots that you support for holding the Jalsas but the guy telling them to stop. BTW wasn't it you that predicted an establishment deal with the PPP and them winning in GB. Why have you disappeared from the thread, who is the coward?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No wonder the flop opposition parties insisted on going ahead with the jalsa they knew nobody would come anyway and social distancing would happen on its own

Dr @Mamoon quite a crisp slap on your face that they city you reside in wholeheartedly supports IK.
    @Mamoon supports these idiots. I bet he turned up today. If he didn't, he is a hypocrite.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have watched the clip you are referring to.
    Journalist is bluffing the PDM, continuously for last 3-4 weeks and PDM has believed in his bluff partly. This started before GB Elections and still going on.

PDM badly wants some reaction from govt in form of writ. Govt doesn't look like providing them the reaction they want. All these talks of writ debate just show frustration of PDM over the complete ignorance of PDM by Govt who continue to play just war of words

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    BTW wasn't it you that predicted an establishment deal with the PPP and them winning in GB.

Part of the bluff by the journalist I referred to in above post. He was behind this "information"

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to fix our problems, first, we need to acknowledge our shortcomings. There is nothing wrong in being critical of the country. We all must speak the truth.
    You certainly don't, you constantly put up accusations without a hint of detailed facts.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the army when they're most needed to stop these jalsas from taking place in such times as Corona, where these people are putting the uneducated and poor masses on the lines and playing with their lives for their own benefits to gain power and sympathy again.

Can't the army step in and put a heavy ban or something to actually stop these gatherings especially now when the 2nd wave is even hitting the country harder than the first one.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I have watched the clip you are referring to.
    Journalist is bluffing the PDM, continuously for last 3-4 weeks and PDM has believed in his bluff partly. This started before GB Elections and still going on.

PDM badly wants some reaction from govt in form of writ. Govt doesn't look like providing them the reaction they want. All these talks of writ debate just show frustration of PDM over the complete ignorance of PDM by Govt who continue to play just war of words
    The crooks are looking for lashay and are desperate to see people die, whether they are shot or die of CV. For their weddings like with Billos sister you need certificates to prove you are CV free but when it comes to the lives of the poor, well they are worthless. If the rich die, its a tragedy, as they can't enjoy their stolen wealth in hell, so they have to live to enjoy it, when the poor die, well who cares.The poor are expendable to save the wealth of the badniyaat, Munafiq rich.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Where's the army when they're most needed to stop these jalsas from taking place in such times as Corona, where these people are putting the uneducated and poor masses on the lines and playing with their lives for their own benefits to gain power and sympathy again.

Can't the army step in and put a heavy ban or something to actually stop these gatherings especially now when the 2nd wave is even hitting the country harder than the first one.
    Unfortunately, you can't stop these idiots if they are determined, they will cause trouble. The solution is heavy fines, 10 crore for anyone on stage.There were 11 parties, that's a 110 crore. Use the fines to treat the victims.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, you can't stop these idiots if they are determined, they will cause trouble. The solution is heavy fines, 10 crore for anyone on stage.There were 11 parties, that's a 110 crore. Use the fines to treat the victims.
    There are always ways to stop these just need to be determined to do so that's all never mind them being determined to hold such events.

If they're always accusing the army of doing all this and so forth then it is the army that should actually come to the party and put them in their place if it wishes to do so and save the millions of illiterates that are actually attending these because they have been doing so for decades.

If putting fines on holding such activities then why not put fines on most things that are being ruined on a daily basis as fine on everyone or anyone who is seen throwing litter or pissing on the roads or parking illegally blocking pavements and such things.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    There are always ways to stop these just need to be determined to do so that's all never mind them being determined to hold such events.

If they're always accusing the army of doing all this and so forth then it is the army that should actually come to the party and put them in their place if it wishes to do so and save the millions of illiterates that are actually attending these because they have been doing so for decades.

If putting fines on holding such activities then why not put fines on most things that are being ruined on a daily basis as fine on everyone or anyone who is seen throwing litter or pissing on the roads or parking illegally blocking pavements and such things.
    I think the govt has to launch another huge campaign to educate the uneducated masses. I don't think physical coercion is a good idea because it could lead to some poor beggers dying and then the deaths lead to more trouble. I want fines to be used and I mean big fines on her organisers. If the govt doesn't issue them then its a failure.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    You certainly don't, you constantly put up accusations without a hint of detailed facts.
    Pakistan is the best nation on planet. Ab khush? ;)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you not blaming the idiots that you support for holding the Jalsas but the guy telling them to stop.
    How you reach this conclusion from my post?

BTW wasn't it you that predicted an establishment deal with the PPP and them winning in GB. Why have you disappeared from the thread, who is the coward?
    You are mistaken me from someone else I think.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This tweet was a couple of days ago. Since then, Bilawal tested positive for COVID as well.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you are following the recent statements of "main supporter journalist" you referred to.
    He deliberately changed tone before GB Elections and succeeded in fooling PDM leadership.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I am confused, what do you want him to do. Do you want him to arrest all these crooks and ban all their parties?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am confused, what do you want him to do. Do you want him to arrest all these crooks and ban all their parties?
    "Coward" part came from a statement of Haroon Ur Rasheed who before GB elections alsa floated the news of PPP deal with establishment

As I said, it was deliberate.After the elections, now he is trolling PDM non stop.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The fifth power show of the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) was held on Monday at Multan's Ghanta Ghar Chowk after days of conflict between the city administration and opposition workers over holding a public event at a time when the incidence of coronavirus is rising.

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-(F) Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz and PPP's Aseefa Bhutto-Zardari, along with other PDM leaders and their respective supporters attended the public meeting.

Aseefa, who attended the rally on her brother and PPP chief Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari's behalf, said that the public has given its verdict and the "selected will have to go now".

"I have come among you today at a time when my brother, your brother, Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari is suffering from coronavirus. I hope that just like you supported the mother of democracy and the daughter of the east, you will support Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari on PDM's platform. And I promise that I will support Chairman Bilawal and you at every step."

She said that if the government arrested their brothers, PPP's women will step out to struggle and save the country.

"If they think we will be scared of arrests, they are deluded. If they arrest our brothers, every female worker of PPP will step outside to save our brothers and the country," Aseefa told a charged crowd.

'Campaign for Israel's acceptance'
    Maryam Nawaz, flanked by PPP's Aseefa Bhutto-Zardari, former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani and other PDM leaders, addresses the rally in Multan. — DawnNewsTV
    PML-N Vice President Maryam, in her address, said she was "convinced of the bravery of Multan's people" as she had been told that the administration had refused to give permission for a rally, yet people had gathered to hold one.

She accused the government of "throwing occupied Kashmir in [Indian PM] Modi's lap" and said that a campaign was being run for Pakistan to accept Israel as a state.

"Public wants to know if the selectors and selected are on the same page on the matter of Israel," she said.

Maryam also congratulated PPP on its Youm-i-Tasees (founding day) and said that Aseefa Bhutto-Zardari — who is attending the gathering on her brother Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari's behalf — and herself had come out of their homes to fight for the rights of Pakistanis. The PML-N leader said that though her grandmother had passed away recently, she had decided to attend the public meeting because the "pain of the people is greater than mine".

She accused the PTI government of not informing her of her grandmother's passing. Maryam was in Peshawar to attend a PDM rally when her grandmother passed away.

"They knew that I didn't know about my grandmother's death. My family kept calling me but couldn't reach me because phone signals were suspended," she said in today's public meeting. Maryam also bashed the government for telling the opposition to postpone public meetings due to rising cases of Covid-19, saying, "Once Covid-18 goes home, Covid-19 will leave as well".

"This Covid-19 is very intelligent. It doesn't spread in Jamaat-i-Islami's gatherings, it doesn't spread in government officials' public meetings. It doesn't enter gatherings of 300 people. It only spreads in opposition rallies."

Maryam said that PTI's promise to make a South Punjab province was a "lie". The PML-N leader said that she "feared for the country" because an "inexperienced player" was running it.

"Two selectors are constantly trying to push this bus (government) forward, but this bus is not running," she said.

Maryam also said that despite allegations of receiving foreign funding for his party, building offshore companies to evade tax, Prime Minister Imran Khan insisted he was honest.

"He says I won't give an NRO [...] first he receives donations from mafias and then allows them to rob the public. He gives them an NRO and allows them to eat and when a government official says you're wrong, he (prime minister) expels him."

Maryam said that she will continue to fight for the public's rights "even if I have to go to jail".

JUI-F chief Rehman also addressed the crowd at the end of the rally and said that though the government had warned PDM against holding a public meeting, the PDM alliance had scared the administration off by "merely waving a baton". He was referring to a press conference by PDM leaders yesterday, where they had vowed to hold a public meeting, come what may.

JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman and Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party's Mehmood Khan Achakzai inspecting the crowds atop a container at Multan's Ghanta Ghar Chowk. – DawnNewsTV
    He told the crowd to be prepared for the next PDM rally, which will be held in Lahore. Rehman said that the people should go home and tell other people about PDM's agenda.

Balochistan National Party (Mengal) Chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal criticised the government and the military leadership and said that if the latter "wants to participate in politics, do so after taking off your uniforms".

Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party's Mehmood Khan Achakzai, while speaking at the public meeting, said that PDM was not created to speak against anyone. The alliance's purpose, he insisted, was to ensure that intelligence agencies and armed institutions should not interfere in political matters.

He warned that "dangerous blocs" were being created around Pakistan and warned that the country may be bombed by foreign forces just like Iran's scientist and military general were slain. The solution, he said, was that the incumbent assembly be dismantled.

Today's gathering was part of a series of public meetings the PDM is holding across the country to pressurise the PTI government to step down. A huge number of people have gathered to attend the rally.

PDM 'nexus'
    Special Assistant to the Punjab Chief Minister on Information Firdous Ashiq Awan, in a series of tweets, criticised the PDM alliance and said: "PDM nexus is depending on pilgrims arriving from Sindh to visit shrines of Sufi saints. To solve their personal and family problems, unsuccessful attempts are being made to burn innocent people in corona's furnace. The government is providing facilities to the visitors and all avenues are open but PDM is roaming the streets instead of going to the stadium."

PPP Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari did not attend today's gathering as he is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19. His sister, Aseefa, attended and addressed the public meeting in his place.

Speaking to workers part of her entourage on the way to the venue, Aseefa had urged all supporters of the party to reach the gathering.

In a statement issued on PPP's Youm-i-Tasees today, Bilawal said: "PPP has invited the entire PDM leadership to the public meeting [held to observe] Youm-i-Tasees. Today every democratic worker will reach the venue despite the tactics, brutality and arrests by the selected government.

"Aseefa Bhutto-Zardari will represent me and welcome PDM leadership to the grand Youm-i-Tasees gathering."

Although the administration removed blockades along routes leading to the public meeting's venue at Qila Kohna Qasim Bagh Stadium, some roads remained blocked even though permission, conditional on following virus SOPs, for the gathering was granted. PDM leaders and supporters, however, settled at Ghanta Ghar Chowk and the public meeting was held there instead of Qila Kohna Qasim Bagh Stadium.

Earlier, a consultation meeting of PDM leaders was held at Gilani House, which was attended by former premier Yousuf, Awami National Party's Mian Iftikhar Ahmed, BNP-M's Mengal, PPP's Nisar Khuhro and other opposition leaders.

During the day, while speaking to the media prior to her departure, Maryam said that she would have delayed her political activities for a few more days to grieve her grandmother — who was laid to rest in Lahore on Saturday — but the government's "brutality against [PDM] workers was pulling her towards Multan".

She condemned the crackdowns on PDM workers and supporters by the administration and said that the government was taking all steps to dismantle today's public meeting because it was "scared". In a question pertaining to holding public gatherings amid the novel coronavirus, Maryam said that even police officials deployed along the route of the venue were not following standard operating procedures.

"Is corona only spreading through opposition's gatherings?" she asked.

"This rally has succeeded before it has even started," Maryam claimed, adding, "every container placed along the [venue's] route, every checkpost and all the arrests that are being made are a reflection of their (government) fear". Maryam was referring to the arrests of former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani's son, Qasim Gilani, along with other PPP activists.

"Whether this rally is held inside the stadium or outside, or on any road in Multan — God willing it will take place," Maryam said.

In a late Saturday night move, police launched a crackdown on the PPP workers, who had earlier gone against government orders and overcame obstacles to take control of the stadium, and got the venue vacated.

The Lohari Gate police on Sunday registered two first information reports against 80 identified and 800 unidentified workers under sections 353/156, 379/506, 427/148 and 149 of Pakistan Penal Code besides section 17 of the Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Ordinance 2020. According to the FIRs, activists armed with clubs damaged the barriers and fence installed to control the law and order situation and attacked police.

Earlier today, Yousuf's son Ali Haider Gilani announced that the Lahore High Court's Multan bench has ordered the release of his brother Qasim before 3pm and that a case registered against the latter under Section 16 of the Maintenance of Public Order Ordinance has been dismissed.

Covid-19 and PDM gatherings
    The government had said that it was blocking the Multan show to check the spread of coronavirus. The district administration removed flags and banners of PDM parties from the stadium and city roads yesterday and Deputy Commissioner Aamar Khattak, on the recommendation of the city police officer, sent PPP leader Qasim Gilani to the Multan district jail for 30 days.

However, speaking to the media today, Special Assistant to Punjab Chief Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan said the government "is not stopping the opposition from holding gatherings but don't trample over SOPs and court decisions". She further said the government did not want to use force.

As the country reels from the second wave of Covid-19 — which experts have termed to be more "lethal" than the first one — the government has urged the opposition alliance to suspend their public gatherings in order to curb the spread.

Yesterday, Prime Minister Imran Khan lashed out at political leaders whose "sole and desperate goal is to save their families' looted wealth and corruption" and once again declared that the government will not grant an NRO even if pressurised.

"Problem confronting us in Pak during Covid-19 is of a political leadership that has never gone through any democratic struggle, nor worked with ordinary citizens to understand the problems they confront, nor contributed in any substantive way for betterment of ordinary citizens," tweeted the prime minister.

Without naming the PDM or any opposition politician, the premier in a series of tweets said that due to the increase in Covid-19 cases in the country, the government needs to impose smart lockdowns but the opposition "want(s) jalsas not caring for the lives and safety of people".

Last week, the prime minister had categorically stated that the government would not give permission to the opposition to hold its rallies in Multan and other cities.

“The coronavirus is spreading dangerously, therefore the opposition should postpone PDM public meetings,” the prime minister was quoted as saying.

The National Command and Operations Centre, which is overseeing the situation and response to Covid-19 across the country, has also warned that if the virus spread is not curbed, Pakistan would face the same situation it faced in June, unless public changes its attitude.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next few weeks are going to be disastrous for Pakistan with thousands of new COVID cases everyday, and these jokers should be held accountable for it.

The whole world is struggling to find a cure for this dangerous disease, and these clowns, led by a desperate woman who knows that her family's political career is over, a Mullah who is ready to support anyone who will throw a few bones at him, and a guy who has not worked throughout his life and is dreaming to become the PM of Pakistan, to save his father's sins are ready to sacrifice thousands of people in their desperate and useless attempt of coming back to power.

This circus tells us a lot about the IQ of an average PMLN/PPP supporter. Most of them are uneducated villagers who believe in that stupid notion of "Khaata hai to lagata bhi to hai", or "Imran to yahoodi agent hai".

It's hard to feel any kind of sympathy for these brainless creatures who don't even think about the potential increase of the virus which could lead to infections in their families. They care more about Maryam and Bilawal's fake tears and will anything they bark.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    "Coward" part came from a statement of Haroon Ur Rasheed who before GB elections alsa floated the news of PPP deal with establishment

As I said, it was deliberate.After the elections, now he is trolling PDM non stop.
    Bawa Rashid says these things because he wanted the same access as the Lifafas had with NS. IK doesn't work that way.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Army can't do anything if the people are just too dumb to understand the seriousness of the virus. The government has repeatedly asked them to stay at home as much as they can, even way before this jalsa. Moreover, they are well aware of the situation in the whole world, and yet, if they are dumb enough to support these crooks, they should be blamed more than Maryam or Bilawal.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s opposition holds Multan rally day after arrests

Despite a government ban and arrests of hundreds of activists, Pakistani opposition supporters rallied in a central city on Monday, calling on Prime Minister Imran Khan to resign for alleged poor governance and incompetence.

The rally in the city of Multan was held a day after police, on orders from the government, carried out the arrests and banned the gathering, defending the move as necessary to combat the coronavirus pandemic in Pakistan.

The government announced a ban on public rallies earlier this month as COVID-19 cases in the country surged. Since February, when the outbreak started, Pakistan has reported more than 398,000 cases and 8,025 deaths.

The rallies are a part of a campaign to remove Khan, whom the opposition parties have accused of being installed by the military in a rigged 2018 election.

Earlier in the day, police acknowledged arresting more than 370 people, while opposition groups put the number at about 1,800. Authorities in Multan also switched off the area’s mobile phone network.

On Sunday night, security forces placed shipping containers on major roads to block the path to a public park where the opposition planned to hold the protest. But opposition leaders defied authorities to march to the park anyway, setting off clashes that led to the mass arrests.

Among those arrested was Ali Musa Gillani, son of former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.

Government-opposition tensions escalate

Before the rally, government spokeswoman Firdous Ashiq Awan accused the opposition of “doing politics at the cost of people’s lives”.

Maryam Nawaz, daughter of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who lives in exile in London despite being sought on corruption charges by a Pakistani court, attended the rally.

Earlier in the day, she told reporters she was not afraid of arrest and the rally would take place at all costs.

“There is no doubt that this government will no more be in power in the coming days, God willing, and I have no doubt about it,” she said.

Her father Nawaz has specifically accused army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa of rigging the 2018 polls and orchestrating his removal in 2017.

Sharif has resided in London since leaving Pakistan on medical bail as he continues to appeal corruption convictions.

Pakistan’s military has governed the country – directly or indirectly – for most of its history. Successive attempts at protracted democracy have been interrupted by military coups, the last one in 1999.

Pakistanis went to the polls in 2008 and elected their first civilian government in 12 years. There have been three consecutive elections since.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2...mpression=true

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mr Khan wasn’t able to stop the gathering! Again, this shows Immy cracks under the slightest of pressures.
    Last edited by The Viper; 1st December 2020 at 18:46.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mr Khan wasn’t able to stop the gathering! Again, this shows Immy cracks under the slightest of pressures.
    Would you rather he be accussed of anti democratic activities by the opposition and human rights organizations?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Would you rather he be accussed of anti democratic activities by the opposition and human rights organizations?
    That is a good excuse to cover up your own cowardice.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Your badniyaati shows- i guarantee you would, with another certain individual be on here accusing him of acting undemocratically if he stopped the rallies with force. They want lashay- he wont give it to them.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your badniyaati shows- i guarantee you would, with another certain individual be on here accusing him of acting undemocratically if he stopped the rallies with force. They want lashay- he wont give it to them.
    PDM desperately wants some topic to stay relevant. Their first hope is a Reaction from Govt. and second hope is a surge in Covid cases.

Improvements, albeit slow, in Economic Indicators and inflation monitoring means PDM has no topic for criticism to revive their diminishing relevance. Israel topic isn't working either.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he succeeded again by not taking the bait to cause disharmony in the country and punishing foolish patwari awam for the evil intentions of their masters. Well done IK you keep on winning in everything. Today opposition also helped you again through Ishaq Dar BBC interview proving they are that him and NS are too scared to come to Pakistan and prove their angelic innocence.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PDM desperately wants some topic to stay relevant. Their first hope is a Reaction from Govt. and second hope is a surge in Covid cases.

Improvements, albeit slow, in Economic Indicators and inflation monitoring means PDM has no topic for criticism to revive their diminishing relevance. Israel topic isn't working either.
    They want to stay relevant but with series of lies, instead of any policies to win over Pakistanis. Maryam li about IK not attending mothers grave was very crude and distateful and got exposed immediately.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You are very good at pointing out shortcomings, yet I can't remember you ever suggesting any ways to fix these problems. How would you personally do it?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    You are very good at pointing out shortcomings, yet I can't remember you ever suggesting any ways to fix these problems. How would you personally do it?
    By coming on PakPassion and spouting trash by the looks of it, probably the most dishonest poster here. If people like this spent time saying the same trash about PMLN or PPP then maybe we'd not have faced so much rule under those parties.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

They got lives of the poor to sacrifice. TBH if it meant eliminating the mafia families, the chaos that would ensue would be worth it. They are a cancer that is worth eliminating.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    You notice with him and @Mamoon that they carp or quietly disappear without ever making a single worthwhile suggestion. I remember Mamoon advocating NS as PM, then SS, followed by Billo and Maryam and when challenged, he quickly disappears because of the humiliation.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't IK promise uniform law enforcement for all? Why is it that he is never able to make a stand or take a strong decision?

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Didn't IK promise uniform law enforcement for all? Why is it that he is never able to make a stand or take a strong decision?
    Do you want him to kill people?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: As the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) could not hold significant demonstrations across the country on Friday against the PTI government’s manhandling of its workers during the Multan rally, the 11-party opposition alliance announced that a decision on resigning from the national and provincial assemblies as well as long march on Islamabad would be finalised in its Dec 8 meeting in the federal capital, which would also be attended by deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif from London via video link.

“The PDM huddle on Dec 8 will chalk out its strategy regarding resignations from assemblies and long march [on Islamabad] to oust the selected PTI regime,” PML-N information secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb told Dawn on Friday.

In reply to a question whether the PML-N, especially Maryam Nawaz, insisted on announcing the date for resignations from the assemblies at PDM’s Dec 13 Lahore rally, she said: “Any such decision will be taken on the PDM platform after evolving a consensus among all 11 parties [of the opposition alliance].”

Opposition alliance’s Dec 8 meeting will be attended by Nawaz from London via video link

During a meeting between PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif and vice president Maryam Nawaz on Thursday in Model Town, both issues (resignations and long march) came under discussion.

According to sources, Maryam pressed on adopting an aggressive stance on resignations, saying the PDM after Lahore rally should immediately use this option and no expediency be shown.

Shehbaz Sharif, who had recently advocated for a ‘national dialogue’ among institutions, however, advised against any hasty decision in this regard.

Addressing a protest rally in Lahore’s Sherakot on Friday, former National Assembly speaker Ayaz Sadiq said that the opposition should have followed JUI-F chief Mualana Fazlur Rehman’s advice not to take oath of assemblies.

At that time, both Nawaz and Shehbaz had paid no heed to this suggestion and preferred launching the opposition’s struggle on parliament’s platform.

The hawkish group in the PML-N has already advocated for resigning from the assemblies to stop the PTI government from holding the Senate elections scheduled for March next year.

PML-N senior leader Khawaja Asif had said: “When this struggle [of the PDM] reaches its peak, our 84 MNAs will resign from the National Assembly and then we will see how the Senate polls are held.”

Interestingly, the PDM’s anti-government campaign has entered third month, but neither the PPP and JUI-F nor other main players of the alliance have shown any intention to resign from the assemblies. Maulana Fazl is also president of the PDM.

Prime Minister Imran Khan had already announced that his government would hold by-polls if the opposition resigned from the assemblies.

Despite Maulana Fazl’s announcement at the Multan rally that a countrywide protest would be held on Dec 4 and 6 against the torture of PDM workers, no significant rally was held on Friday.

PML-N held rallies in Lahore and Faisalabad in connection with the PDM’s forthcoming public meeting in Lahore.

“PML-N being host of the Lahore rally is mobilising its workers. Holding Multan episode-specific protests on two successive days amounts to making the workers tired,” a party leader told Dawn.

“PDM’s main concern is Dec 13 Lahore rally and it is utilising all its energies in this regard. Maryam Nawaz has planned to hold two mini rallies in Lahore on Dec 7 and 10 to build up momentum for Dec 13 PDM power show,” he said.

Meanwhile, Jamaat-i-Islami dispelled the impression that it might join the PDM for its struggle against the government. “We have no such plans. We have launched a solo struggle against the PTI government which in fact is a continuation of PPP and PML-N regimes,” JI spokesperson Qaisar Sharif told Dawn.

He said the second phase of JI’s anti-government campaign would begin from Dec 25 with a rally in Gujranwala. “We provide an alternative leadership to steer the country out of crises,” he added.

Published in Dawn, December 4th, 2020

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK is a brave man with strong nerves and an honest person too. But for patwaris, corrupts and pinheads and their supporters, he is "coward" because he does not want to make a deal with thieves.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon
    What happened to your manifesto on the CV? Have Your idiots shut you up.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want him to kill people?
    He wants IK to take action against the opposition so he can then log on to the forum and complain about how Imran Khan is an oppressive dictator who does not allow the right to protest.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    He wants IK to take action against the opposition so he can then log on to the forum and complain about how Imran Khan is an oppressive dictator who does not allow the right to protest.
    This this is the badniyaati of these losers. You might have noticed that he didnt reply to my simple question.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    IK is a brave man with strong nerves and an honest person too. But for patwaris, corrupts and pinheads and their supporters, he is "coward" because he does not want to make a deal with thieves.
    He has already made a deal with the thieves that benefit him. His election campaign was funded by the sugar mafia scammer Jahangir Tareen.

This is why people are losing faith in Imran. All he offers is words but his actions show his hypocrisy and double-standards. His party is filled with the same thieves and inept status quo politicians that he used to criticize in the past.

Look at what happened in KTH. It is inexcusable. If Imran was in the opposition he would demand the resignation of KP CM and health minister.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon
    What happened to your manifesto on the CV? Have Your idiots shut you up.
    Why should they shut up when KP health minister had a massive wedding in his family where SOPs were violated and COVID spread like wildfire?

The reality is that PTI doesn’t care either when it comes to personal gain. They are only good at pointing fingers at others.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Why should they shut up when KP health minister had a massive wedding in his family where SOPs were violated and COVID spread like wildfire?

The reality is that PTI doesn’t care either when it comes to personal gain. They are only good at pointing fingers at others.
    Rana the Qatil has told us that there is no CV and he is your leader. And you jabbered on about CV and IK. You are munafiq who couldn't bring himself to even a utter a word of condemnation, so save this fake outrage for your fellow Nooras.
    If the PTI Minister done wrong, he is an idiot and needs to be sacked and prosecuted. But you can't even call for that because of your hypocrisy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PML-N MPA tests positive for COVID-19 during PDM’s Lahore rally

LAHORE: In what appeared to be negligence, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MPA in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly Sobia Shahid led the rally of the party to Lahore just before testing positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, ARY NEWS reported.

According to details, the PML-N MPA Sobia Shahid endangered the lives of others accompanying her after she led a rally to the PDM’s Lahore public gathering, a day after undergoing the COVID-19 test.

On Sunday, as she was part of the rally, the KP lawmaker received the report of her COVID-19 test, which turned out to be positive.

She returned to Peshawar from Pindi Bhattian, a city in Punjab province, without participating at the Minar-e-Pakistan gathering, however, others who accompanied her reached the venue, raising fears of large-scale virus transmission.

It is pertinent to mention here that keeping in view the rising number of COVID-19 cases and the security concerns, Lahore’s deputy commissioner on Friday rejected an application of the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) seeking permission to hold a public rally at Minar-e-Pakistan ground on 13th of December.

In a letter to the PDM’s leaders, the deputy commissioner said that the coronavirus was spreading fast in Lahore where the virus positivity rate has shot up to 7.8 percent. He feared that the public gathering will further spread the deadly virus in the city.

https://arynews.tv/en/pml-n-mpa-test...-lahore-rally/

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PML-N MPA tests positive for COVID-19 during PDM’s Lahore rally

LAHORE: In what appeared to be negligence, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MPA in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly Sobia Shahid led the rally of the party to Lahore just before testing positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, ARY NEWS reported.

According to details, the PML-N MPA Sobia Shahid endangered the lives of others accompanying her after she led a rally to the PDM’s Lahore public gathering, a day after undergoing the COVID-19 test.

On Sunday, as she was part of the rally, the KP lawmaker received the report of her COVID-19 test, which turned out to be positive.

She returned to Peshawar from Pindi Bhattian, a city in Punjab province, without participating at the Minar-e-Pakistan gathering, however, others who accompanied her reached the venue, raising fears of large-scale virus transmission.

It is pertinent to mention here that keeping in view the rising number of COVID-19 cases and the security concerns, Lahore’s deputy commissioner on Friday rejected an application of the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) seeking permission to hold a public rally at Minar-e-Pakistan ground on 13th of December.

In a letter to the PDM’s leaders, the deputy commissioner said that the coronavirus was spreading fast in Lahore where the virus positivity rate has shot up to 7.8 percent. He feared that the public gathering will further spread the deadly virus in the city.

https://arynews.tv/en/pml-n-mpa-test...-lahore-rally/
    This is horrific- these losers are literally trying to kill people to stop their cases on looting.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is horrific- these losers are literally trying to kill people to stop their cases on looting.
    Should be charged with manslaughter and attempted murder clauses and sent to the gallows for this.

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Dr Qaisar Sajjad, secretary-general of the Pakistan Medical Association, said Monday that the government and political parties should start thinking about prevention from COVID-19 rather than holding jalsas.

Addressing a news conference in Karachi, the medical expert lamented that the government had not made any necessary arrangements for provision of emergency services for the masses.

The PMA representative highlighted that the medical fraternity had warned the government about the virus before it had entered the country, but despite that, no measures were taken in this regard.

Dr Sajjad said that it was due to the government's lack of preparation that several doctors lost their lives to the virus. He said that increasing the number of smart lockdowns in the country will not bear fruit.

He called on the government to make laws according to which citizens who do not wear masks are penalised.

Dr Sajjad said that trials for a COVID-19 vaccine were underway in Pakistan and that it seemed as if a vaccine to treat the virus will be available in the country by the end of 2021.

Pakistan has reported 1,974 infections, 55 deaths, and 1,760 recoveries from the virus in the last 24 hours.

The country has, so far, reported 473,309 infections and 9,929 deaths while 2,263 patients are in critical condition. Meanwhile, 423,892 patients have recovered from the virus.

Furthermore, after a rise in cases across the country, authorities have imposed smart lockdowns in several cities of Punjab, Sindh, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/326941-med...-19-not-jalsas