Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 77 of 77
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Three IPL hits who failed in PSL

    It is never a fair comparison between the two due to the massive difference in the money involved. Karachi Kings were awarded prize money of $ 0.5 mln (Rs. 8 crores) while Mumbai Indian, winners of IPL 2020, received $2.7 million (Rs. 43 crores). Similarly, the highest-paid players in PSL earned $ 140,000 (Rs. 2.2 crores) while Pat Cummins was offered a contract worth $ 2.2 mln (Rs. 35 crores). However, there have been a few players who performed consistently in IPL but did not manage to create an impact in PSL. Here are the top three players who achieved individual success in IPL but failed in PSL.

    Chris Gayle:
    The Universe Boss is in the 7th position in terms of the most runs scored in IPL. Gayle averages an astonishing 41.13 and has six centuries (most by any batsman) and 31 fifties in IPL. Gayle was picked up by Lahore Qalandars in 2016 and played only 5 games scoring 103 runs. Karachi Kings signed him for the second season but he failed again, scoring 160 runs in 9 games. After averaging 18.78 runs per game in the two seasons and just one fifty to his name, Gayle wasnít signed by any franchise in the next two drafts.

    Brendon McCullum:
    In the first-ever game of IPL, Brendon McCullum smashed 158 runs of just 73 deliveries, playing for Kolkota Knight Riders. Playing over 100 games in IPL for KKR, RCB, and CSK; McCullum has maintained an average of 27.69 scoring 13 fifties and two centuries. McCullum represented Lahore Qalandars in two seasons in 2017 and 2018. Although his overall record does not seem that bad on paper, scoring 311 runs in 17 games, still he could not live up to the expectations of the franchise. McCullum failed to score a single fifty in the two seasons.

    Dwayne Bravo:
    DJ Bravo was instrumental in the domination of Chennai SuperKings in IPL. He is performed both with the bat and ball. Bravo is the fourth-highest wicket-taker in IPL, picking up 153 scalps at an average of 24.80. Besides, he has also scored 1,490 runs at an average of 22.57. Bravo has represented Lahore Qalandars and Quetta Gladiators. In 14 matches, he couldnít replicate the performances in IPL, he took 11 wickets in 14 games at an average of 38.63. The highest score of 32 runs suggests that he could not perform with the bat either.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    641
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a different standard

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me guess Mamon's response to this thread (I think he has become predictable, eh? ;) haha

    "PSL is an inferior league where these superstars did not have any incentive to perform out of their skins. IPL is where their performance matters & which is why they put in more effort in IPL and are more successful there".

    Surprisingly, I don't completely disagree with Mamon's point because yes:
    a) IPL is much bigger than PSL in terms of viewership
    b) IPL pays these players 10x or more
    c) Pakistani fans are delusional if they believe PSL > IPL

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    19,181
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All these batsmen have been very succesgul in ibternational cricket too. Are you guys claiming PSL > international?

    You just have to see the body language of someone like Gayle and see he simply didn't care in PSL and was just going through the formality

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    19,181
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Rabbani View Post
    We have a different standard
    amd what standard is that? All these plauers are very successful in international cricket too. When you make claims like these, you are saying PSL standard is better than international teams like Australia and england. That just comes across as laughable and delusional

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,965
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    All three are considered top international T20 players.

    All of them played in the IPL at their peaks. They played in PSL well past their peak.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    44,982
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the inaugural season of PSL, if I'm not mistaken, Chris Gayle showed up after smashing every rubbish Unadkat Dinda type bowlers to all parts and then couldn't buy a run at the PSL.


    The quality of bowling in PSL has been world renowned as stated by players who have played in both IPL and PSL. Even second tier bowlers at the PSL are better than million dollar shupa ishtars like Unadkat. Heck Sohail Tanvir held the best bowling record in the IPL which he created in the inaugural season for 8-9 years only broken by a Windies teenager just last year.
    Last edited by The Viper; 25th November 2020 at 00:59.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All 3 are world class T20 players. Who actually cares if they failed in the PSL?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,421
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They are nothing in front of Luke Ronchi, Brendon Taylor, Chadwick Walton.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PSL stars like Luke Ronchi, Ben Dunk, Cameron Dalport,and David Wiese don't even get chosen in the IPL. But obviously this is something PSL hype boys won't mention.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,965
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    All 3 are world class T20 players. Who actually cares if they failed in the PSL?
    Gayle avgd 22 in IPL in the two seasons he played PSL. So he was equally bad in both leagues.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Gayle avgd 22 in IPL in the two seasons he played PSL. So he was equally bad in both leagues.
    Well performing or not performing in the PSL doesn't affect your T20 legacy.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    90,573
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    Let me guess Mamon's response to this thread (I think he has become predictable, eh? ;) haha

    "PSL is an inferior league where these superstars did not have any incentive to perform out of their skins. IPL is where their performance matters & which is why they put in more effort in IPL and are more successful there".

    Surprisingly, I don't completely disagree with Mamon's point because yes:
    a) IPL is much bigger than PSL in terms of viewership
    b) IPL pays these players 10x or more
    c) Pakistani fans are delusional if they believe PSL > IPL
    Well I donít want to repeat myself for the thousandth time so I will just try to keep it brief.

    Our delusional fans do bhangra because a few quality players who have been successful in IPL didnít do well in PSL, but then they cannot explain how IPL failures like Ronchi excelled in PSL, or why an average international player like Kamran has dominated the so-called great bowling of PSL.

    I am not sure why our fans have to embarrass themselves. Take a look at the laughable post of @Syed1.

    PSL is what it is. A cheap imitation of IPL and inferior in every aspect.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    90,573
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    PSL fans need to get a grip on reality and stop comparing this low budget stuff with IPL.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    27,417
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I watched 99% of IPL this year, and I am sorry to say guys but AB Devilliers and Virat Kohli will never score that 250 off they did against Praveen Kumar etc in the PSL...that too in their peak.

    Sorry but the bowling standards besides the international pace bowlers and the spinners is below par.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,574
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I mean ipl does have Indian bowlers Lmaoo so it's normal they would be able to score good amount of runs their

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    3,065
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I watched 99% of IPL this year, and I am sorry to say guys but AB Devilliers and Virat Kohli will never score that 250 off they did against Praveen Kumar etc in the PSL...that too in their peak.

    Sorry but the bowling standards besides the international pace bowlers and the spinners is below par.
    Most of Indian domestic bowlers(exception to spinners) are borderline crappy, which is why even about average bowlers from Australia always find their way into IPL.
    Indiaís strength is spinners and batsmen, which is why some of world renowned batsmen are often missed out at auction
    (Guptil, Root etc)

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd have been better to compare their stats in both the leagues since 2016 (start of PSL).

    Everyone and their dog knows that Chris Gayle of 2008-14 is not the same as Gayle of 2017 or 18. Same with McCullum and Bravo.

    And even if we ignore the said elephant in the room, it doesn't prove jack that a select few have inferior stats where the likes of Ronchi and Akmal are dominating the charts.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Most of Indian domestic bowlers(exception to spinners) are borderline crappy, which is why even about average bowlers from Australia always find their way into IPL.
    Indiaís strength is spinners and batsmen, which is why some of world renowned batsmen are often missed out at auction
    (Guptil, Root etc)

    Most domestic bowlers in any country are usually below average. It's the same with Pakistan as well.

    They get away with it when they bowl to Delport, Walton, Lyth etc in the PSL...but when some of them eventually make the cut into int'l cricket, their paint will come off. You'd have seen that with Musa, Rauf etc.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    1,113
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Most domestic bowlers in any country are usually below average. It's the same with Pakistan as well.

    They get away with it when they bowl to Delport, Walton, Lyth etc in the PSL...but when some of them eventually make the cut into int'l cricket, their paint will come off. You'd have seen that with Musa, Rauf etc.
    I still think Pakistan's domestic bowlers are tiers ahead of indian domestic bowlers


  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    PSL stars like Luke Ronchi, Ben Dunk, Cameron Dalport,and David Wiese don't even get chosen in the IPL. But obviously, this is something PSL hype boys won't mention.
    lmao, what a weak argument. They don't get chosen because they don't have the star power, not because they cant play. Every time I see an Indian poster make the claim that "Ronchi is a PSL Superstar but we don't even pick him" as an insult to PSL its just funny to me. Getting picked in the IPL isn't the standard for being good. Even today Ronchi would outperform Maxwell if he was in Kings XI, heck even Walton would.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    16,063
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Here are some stats

    Chris Gayle in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 35
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 3

    Mccullum in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 130
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 28

    Dwayne Bravo in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 23
    Bowling Avg Against India : 22
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 31
    Bowling Avg Against Pakistan : 130

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All 3 were heading towards the age of 40 and it was not possible for them to give 100% when they played for PSL. I think they were all there to just increase their bank balance and did not take PSL very seriously. Brendon already passed his prime and the other two were never 100% physically when they played for teams in PSL.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    90,573
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caved12 View Post
    All 3 were heading towards the age of 40 and it was not possible for them to give 100% when they played for PSL. I think they were all there to just increase their bank balance and did not take PSL very seriously. Brendon already passed his prime and the other two were never 100% physically when they played for teams in PSL.
    It is not even that. Every players give 100% when he is on the pitch. These guys are competitors and they cannot help it when they are on the field and in the moment. Gayle, McCullum etc. gave their best but it didnít work.

    These things happen in cricket. A poor batsman can outscore a top batsman in a series, a batsman can average 100 against Australia and then average 20 against Zimbabwe in the next series etc.

    These outliers are part of the game, but you need people who understand cricket to appreciate this, which sadly effectively rules out 99% of Pakistani fans.

    Transitivity does not work in cricket or in any sport. If A beats B and B beats C, it doesnít mean that A is better than C.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 25th November 2020 at 11:07.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    All three are considered top international T20 players.

    All of them played in the IPL at their peaks. They played in PSL well past their peak.
    So Gayle played this year's IPL at his last peak......good

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Here are some stats

    Chris Gayle in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 35
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 3

    Mccullum in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 130
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 28

    Dwayne Bravo in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 23
    Bowling Avg Against India : 22
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 31
    Bowling Avg Against Pakistan : 130
    Wow.....so the peak of mount everest is gone now.....LOL

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caved12 View Post
    All 3 were heading towards the age of 40 and it was not possible for them to give 100% when they played for PSL. I think they were all there to just increase their bank balance and did not take PSL very seriously. Brendon already passed his prime and the other two were never 100% physically when they played for teams in PSL.
    But still Gayle played and dominated IPL this year.....kya kehna

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,240
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Here are some stats

    Chris Gayle in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 35
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 3

    Mccullum in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 130
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 28

    Dwayne Bravo in T20's :
    Batting Avg Against India : 23
    Bowling Avg Against India : 22
    Batting Avg Against Pakistan : 31
    Bowling Avg Against Pakistan : 130
    Conclusion?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    90,573
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I still think Pakistan's domestic bowlers are tiers ahead of indian domestic bowlers
    And yet, India continues to assemble better bowling attacks than Pakistan in international cricket.

    So what is the point of having domestic bowlers that are ďtiers aheadĒ of their Indian counterparts?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    lmao, what a weak argument. They don't get chosen because they don't have the star power, not because they cant play. Every time I see an Indian poster make the claim that "Ronchi is a PSL Superstar but we don't even pick him" as an insult to PSL its just funny to me. Getting picked in the IPL isn't the standard for being good. Even today Ronchi would outperform Maxwell if he was in Kings XI, heck even Walton would.
    They don't get picked because they aren't good enough. Nothing to do with star power. That's what you call a weak argument.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    They don't get picked because they aren't good enough. Nothing to do with star power. That's what you call a weak argument.
    Ronchi is batting coach of kiwis now by the way....it shows what the kiwis think of him.......period

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I still think Pakistan's domestic bowlers are tiers ahead of indian domestic bowlers
    I don't blame you. Even Unadkat and Thakur would look a million dollars if they bowl in the PSL and National T20 cup. Unfortunately for them, they have to bowl against some of the best in the IPL.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I don't blame you. Even Unadkat and Thakur would look a million dollars if they bowl in the PSL and National T20 cup. Unfortunately for them, they have to bowl against some of the best in the IPL.
    Undakat resurfaces again.......million dollar slower specialist

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    And yet, India continues to assemble better bowling attacks than Pakistan in international cricket.

    So what is the point of having domestic bowlers that are ďtiers aheadĒ of their Indian counterparts?
    It's funny really.

    We used to compare our batsmen when Pak bowlers were on another level in the 90s and even in the early 2000s.

    And then we started comparing our bowlers when we improved (and Pak decayed) in the last decade or so and Indian batsmen went into a different level compared to their Pakistani counterparts.

    And now....here we are in 2020, comparing our reserve domestic bowlers based on hypotheticals and unequal conditions.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Ronchi is batting coach of kiwis now by the way....it shows what the kiwis think of him.......period
    Lol I never said he is a bad batter. Just not good enough for the IPL. Just look at the overseas batsmen in the IPL and you will see why Ronchi doesn't get selected.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    It's funny really.

    We used to compare our batsmen when Pak bowlers were on another level in the 90s and even in the early 2000s.

    And then we started comparing our bowlers when we improved (and Pak decayed) in the last decade or so and Indian batsmen went into a different level compared to their Pakistani counterparts.

    And now....here we are in 2020, comparing our reserve domestic bowlers based on hypotheticals and unequal conditions.
    In fact mentioning of Undakat made it more funny......LOL......... The legend of Undakat lives

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol I never said he is a bad batter. Just not good enough for the IPL. Just look at the overseas batsmen in the IPL and you will see why Ronchi doesn't get selected.
    It's about 3 superstar of IPL ......not all LOL

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    27,417
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    It's about 3 superstar of IPL ......not all LOL
    Luke Ronchi who was doing well in PSL isnt good enough for IPL but Philipe Joseph is

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    459
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol I never said he is a bad batter. Just not good enough for the IPL. Just look at the overseas batsmen in the IPL and you will see why Ronchi doesn't get selected.
    They go for star studded names. It's no surprise a journeyman like Ronchi was ignored. Anyone that thinks Ronchi is a weak hitter is seriously deluded. Ronchi may very well have been as successful in the IPL if he had been given a chance. When he hit them, they stayed hit.

    IPL has also had some garbage international players.

    IPL is definitely the better league but no need to belittle the players that play in the PSL to prove your point

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,965
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Conclusion?
    Chris Gayle batting avg
    V Australia 42.71
    V Nz 36.85
    V Eng 34.08
    V SA. 43.85

    Brendan McCullum

    Batting avg

    V Australia 57
    V Eng 28.5
    V SA 22
    V WI 33

    Dwayne Bravo

    Batting Avg. Bowling avg

    V Australia 29. 27
    V NZ. 38. 24
    V SA. 15. 45
    V Eng. 23. 25


    Now draw conclusions. Knowing this that performance against countries has nothing to do with performance against league teams.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Undakat resurfaces again.......million dollar slower specialist
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    In fact mentioning of Undakat made it more funny......LOL......... The legend of Undakat lives
    I thought you were "ignoring" me.

    Or is it too hard not to get triggered when shown the mirror?

    You can jump around Unadkat as much as you want but he still has better int'l stats than your golden boys Haris, Hasnain and Musa.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    33,965
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Luke Ronchi who was doing well in PSL isnt good enough for IPL but Philipe Joseph is
    How many matches did Josh Philippe play? Luke Ronchi was the top scorer in PSL.

    Posting smilies wont change the truth.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    27,417
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    How many matches did Josh Philippe play? Luke Ronchi was the top scorer in PSL.

    Posting smilies wont change the truth.
    Philipe Joseph was preferred to Aaron Finch by Kohli and Heeson in some of the crunch games for RCB. That was the level of helplessness of RCB had to suffer with the pathetic no show of 90% of their overseas failures. You will see a further diminishing of the overseas player quality when the league is expanded into 10 teams and you will not have enough decent players to make an impact in those sides, barring the handful of regular performers such as QDK, Warner, Williamson and the good fast bowlers like Archer, Rabada and Nortje.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I thought you were "ignoring" me.

    Or is it too hard not to get triggered when shown the mirror?

    You can jump around Unadkat as much as you want but he still has better int'l stats than your golden boys Haris, Hasnain and Musa.
    Go on and on.....the legend of Undakat lives

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    27,417
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    Go on and on.....the legend of Undakat lives
    Let me tell you about the IPL market and how it values its players,

    Waqas Maqsood would be in the same wage category as Unadkat. They like these slow bowlers who are a mixture of spin and medium pace.

    Aamer Yamin would be Dhoni's first pick in the IPL draft because he loves a guy who can swing the ball at a decent military pace.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    It's funny really.

    We used to compare our batsmen when Pak bowlers were on another level in the 90s and even in the early 2000s.

    And then we started comparing our bowlers when we improved (and Pak decayed) in the last decade or so and Indian batsmen went into a different level compared to their Pakistani counterparts.

    And now....here we are in 2020, comparing our reserve domestic bowlers based on hypotheticals and unequal conditions.
    Youíre very right, and there arenít many Pakistanis who disagree with our decay. Youíve concisely summed up something which is a great pain for many of us - the decay of our batting, bowling, and everything in between.

    This last decade especially has been particularly hard for any fan of Pakistan cricket. Ab kya karain bhaiyya. You donít have to rub it in. Jo reh gaye hai izzat, jahaan domestic bowlers ki baat hai, wahaan tou hummay khush honay dou.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    You donít have to rub it in. Jo reh gaye hai izzat, jahaan domestic bowlers ki baat hai, wahaan tou hummay khush honay dou.
    Rub what in?

    Am I saying that Indian reserves are world beaters and Pak ones are dross? All I'm saying is that these comparisons are.... quite silly to say the least. You can compare int'l bowlers and batsmen as it's more or less a level playing field and the affecting factors are the same for everyone.

    Now can you say the same for domestics?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why are we constantly comparing PSL with IPL? Why don't both sets of fans just stop watching the other product and get it over with? Why is there a constant urge to show superiority? Very odd people!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    It's about 3 superstar of IPL ......not all LOL
    Would you consider Moen Ali a star? I wouldn't and he is chosen in the IPL due to his ability. Ronchi is chosen in the PSL because it is his level.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    They go for star studded names. It's no surprise a journeyman like Ronchi was ignored. Anyone that thinks Ronchi is a weak hitter is seriously deluded. Ronchi may very well have been as successful in the IPL if he had been given a chance. When he hit them, they stayed hit.

    IPL has also had some garbage international players.

    IPL is definitely the better league but no need to belittle the players that play in the PSL to prove your point
    Even Ronchi in his prime is not getting selected in the IPL.

    I don't think Ronchi is a rubbish player but the fact he isn't good enough for the IPL but 1 of the PSL best batters tells you about the difference in quality in the IPL and PSL.

    IPL of course has average players but a majority of the overseas talent is the best in the world. Even players like Guptill,Joe Root, and Alex Hales don't play regularly in the IPL due to the standard being so high.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,621
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    All these batsmen have been very succesgul in ibternational cricket too. Are you guys claiming PSL > international?

    You just have to see the body language of someone like Gayle and see he simply didn't care in PSL and was just going through the formality
    Lol.

    he performs in Bangladesh

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,576
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even for argument's sake if we accept that PSL has the higher quality with respect to fast bowling what does that achieve or has achieved for Pakistan? Nothing.

    Whitewashed in Australia, South Africa, New Zealand. This moral trophy of having the best fast bowling "talent" in the world has literally achieved nothing internationally for Pakistan. So why all the bhangra? Gives satisfaction to bruised egos?

    On the other hand, Bumrah came to prominence because of his exploits in the IPL and is winning games for his country.

    All this talent in Pakistan is wasteful and useless if it doesn't convert to series wins internationally.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Would you consider Moen Ali a star? I wouldn't and he is chosen in the IPL due to his ability. Ronchi is chosen in the PSL because it is his level.
    Moeen Ali is the 2nd man in charge after Morgan in t20s for England mate

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Would you consider Moen Ali a star? I wouldn't and he is chosen in the IPL due to his ability. Ronchi is chosen in the PSL because it is his level.
    And only 3 of those superstars who played PSL and flopped although Russel is a flop too. .and he is a t20 superstar..... Only and only Pollard is somewhat successfull in PSL..... KP too has brighter IPL stats

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    16,063
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Chris Gayle batting avg
    V Australia 42.71
    V Nz 36.85
    V Eng 34.08
    V SA. 43.85

    Brendan McCullum

    Batting avg

    V Australia 57
    V Eng 28.5
    V SA 22
    V WI 33

    Dwayne Bravo

    Batting Avg. Bowling avg

    V Australia 29. 27
    V NZ. 38. 24
    V SA. 15. 45
    V Eng. 23. 25


    Now draw conclusions. Knowing this that performance against countries has nothing to do with performance against league teams.
    Nope. This just proves that these guys have struggled against Pakistan and performed better against India anyway. Your leagues has Indian and Pakistan have local players. Don't they? And your post with other countries stats would have made sense had OP compared their performances in all T20 leagues.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 25th November 2020 at 20:46.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    They don't get picked because they aren't good enough. Nothing to do with star power. That's what you call a weak argument.
    Nah not even close. Maxwell has been poor in IPL forever, His only good IPL was 2014 and since then he keeps getting picked at a very high price because he is "Glenn Maxwell" and that is all. His performances don't back up his price. And that is just an individual example.
    If you are saying that players like Ronchi, Rossow, and Delport would play worse than all the overseas picks that are usually part of IPL then you are the one who is delusional. I will repeat "Getting picked in IPL is not the standard to judge a player's quality".

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    Nah not even close. Maxwell has been poor in IPL forever, His only good IPL was 2014 and since then he keeps getting picked at a very high price because he is "Glenn Maxwell" and that is all. His performances don't back up his price. And that is just an individual example.
    If you are saying that players like Ronchi, Rossow, and Delport would play worse than all the overseas picks that are usually part of IPL then you are the one who is delusional. I will repeat "Getting picked in IPL is not the standard to judge a player's quality".
    You don't judge someone quality by failing in the PSL and then performing in the IPL which is what OP is trying to do.

    It's funny how you guys keep talking about Maxwell but won't talk about top class batters dispatching top class bowlers and vice versa in the IPL . It's only about the failures for you guys.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    You don't judge someone's quality by failing in the PSL and then performing in the IPL which is what OP is trying to do.

    It's funny how you guys keep talking about Maxwell but won't talk about top class batters dispatching top class bowlers and vice versa in the IPL. It's only about the failures for you guys.
    I don't know what you are on about. My point is that You need not belittle PSL by the laughable argument that trolls on Twitter use i-e "X player didn't even get picked in IPL and he is performing so good in PSL so PSL must be a 3rd class league"

    If you enjoy IPL good for you, but you don't need to belittle something I and many Pakistani cricket fans look forward to every year.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    I don't know what you are on about. My point is that You need not belittle PSL by the laughable argument that trolls on Twitter use i-e "X player didn't even get picked in IPL and he is performing so good in PSL so PSL must be a 3rd class league"

    If you enjoy IPL good for you, but you don't need to belittle something I and many Pakistani cricket fans look forward to every year.
    I haven't belittled anything. It's factual information that you can be good enough for the PSL but not good enough for the IPL. I can't say this but it's okay for Pakistan fans to mock the IPL. I have seen much worse comments than what I am saying from Pakistan fans about the IPL. But of course you will bury your head in the sand about that and won't comment on such belittling.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,617
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to realise having all the big names does not always equate to quality, if you look at other sports around the globe the leagues with the most money and razzmatazz and the big name players are not always the considered to be the best in terms of quality of actual sport, cricket is no different.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    459
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    People need to realise having all the big names does not always equate to quality, if you look at other sports around the globe the leagues with the most money and razzmatazz and the big name players are not always the considered to be the best in terms of quality of actual sport, cricket is no different.
    Agreed, the big names more often than not flop in these tournaments and those who everyone had written off tend to perform much better than anyone else.

    I remember IPL one. Shane Watson and Sohail Tanvir out performed all the huge names. At the time Watson was really starting to establish himself as a quality batsman and previously was nothing more than just a bits and pieces all rounder.

    The two guys in here dissing the PSL are trying way too hard to prove a point that big names makes your league more successful.

    Zalmi missed a serious trick by not playing Rashid Khan in PSL 2 even though he was with the team and then missed another trick not playing Mujeeb in PSL 3

    These little things make a difference. One is the best leggie in the world and the IPL has been fully credited with bringing him to prominence and same applies to Mujeeb.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,295
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is the point here? A batsmen could hook a well directed bouncer to a six and get out the next ball to a full toss . He played one ball extremely well and other very poorly.
    you can make any conclusion .. can argue they dint care enough to score in a lesser league . Lot of great players do better against tougher oppositions, no one is winning these arguments .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    19,181
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Lol.

    he performs in Bangladesh
    Yeah what was the timing of these tournaments? He knew he had IPL just after PSL


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I love the hypocrisy here when the entire thread was started to cherry pick stats to diss IPL. And when people reply they are dissing PSL? No one starts comparing IPL with PSL, you guys compare PSL to IPL and when people point out facts, it suddenly becomes dissing
    This is the point I just made. It's okay for other posters to mock the IPL but when you say factual information about the PSL it is called "belittling" apparently.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I haven't belittled anything. It's factual information that you can be good enough for the PSL but not good enough for the IPL. I can't say this but it's okay for Pakistan fans to mock the IPL. I have seen much worse comments than what I am saying from Pakistan fans about the IPL. But of course you will bury your head in the sand about that and won't comment on such belittling.
    Again it seems like you are talking to someone else here. I made my point, and you are making generalizations about what Pakistan fans say. And no its not factual information, its an opinion. Do you understand what "factual information means?"

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    Again it seems like you are talking to someone else here. I made my point, and you are making generalizations about what Pakistan fans say. And no its not factual information, its an opinion. Do you understand what "factual information means?"
    The IPL being better than the PSL in terms of player quality is a fact. Your telling me PSL has better players than the IPL?

    Plenty of Pakistan fans mock the IPL. Stop burying your head in the sand.

  67. #67
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,459
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are Indian posters getting so worked up? I don’t think the OP ever claimed that PSL has better standards then IPL. He simply stated a fact.

    Those three players are IPL stars and they failed at the PSL. We can argue about the reason but the facts don’t change.

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,459
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    All these batsmen have been very succesgul in ibternational cricket too. Are you guys claiming PSL > international?

    You just have to see the body language of someone like Gayle and see he simply didn't care in PSL and was just going through the formality
    Gayle dominated at the local Canadian T20 league. I guess the fierce conception at the Canadian league really brought out the best in him.

    But I am glad Gayle does well in IPL. Big Bash and PSL have already shunned him.It’s great that IPL and the Canadian league give us the opportunity to watch veterans like Gayle in action.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The IPL being better than the PSL in terms of player quality is a fact. Your telling me PSL has better players than the IPL?

    Plenty of Pakistan fans mock the IPL. Stop burying your head in the sand.
    You seem to be part of a different convo right now. I am not debating which league is better. Obviously, a league with more time, money and a separate window would attract the best players. But that doesn't mean that the players that don't make it into the IPL are necessarily lacking in ability than the ones that do. Especially in t20 cricket. Guptil wasn't picked in the IPL, would you call him "not good enough" for the IPL or "not popular enough"?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,091
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    But I am glad Gayle does well in IPL. Big Bash and PSL have already shunned him.Itís great that IPL and the Canadian league give us the opportunity to watch veterans like Gayle in action.
    Yeah. We Indians should also thank PSL for giving us the opportunity to watch superstars like Ronchi, Bopara, Dunk and the one and only lala.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    You’re very right, and there aren’t many Pakistanis who disagree with our decay. You’ve concisely summed up something which is a great pain for many of us - the decay of our batting, bowling, and everything in between.

    This last decade especially has been particularly hard for any fan of Pakistan cricket. Ab kya karain bhaiyya. You don’t have to rub it in. Jo reh gaye hai izzat, jahaan domestic bowlers ki baat hai, wahaan tou hummay khush honay dou.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

    In case you were serious, I don't think the last decade has been quite poor. An Asia Cup, Champion's Trophy, and a few overseas test tour wins. Not too shabby.

    Obviously, you can't expect sustained dominance from a cricketing structure that inherently lacks the "structure" bit. On the plus side, we are gradually improving in that department with probably a few hiccups long the way.

    Also, ups and downs are part of the game, regardless of structure. Compare Australia's & South Africa's returns to England's in the first half and the second half of the decade.
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 27th November 2020 at 12:16.

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    1,459
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Yeah. We Indians should also thank PSL for giving us the opportunity to watch superstars like Ronchi, Bopara, Dunk and the one and only lala.
    You are welcome.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    35,780
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    You seem to be part of a different convo right now. I am not debating which league is better. Obviously, a league with more time, money and a separate window would attract the best players. But that doesn't mean that the players that don't make it into the IPL are necessarily lacking in ability than the ones that do. Especially in t20 cricket. Guptil wasn't picked in the IPL, would you call him "not good enough" for the IPL or "not popular enough"?
    Guptill isn't good enough for the IPL due to his issues with spin.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Guptill isn't good enough for the IPL due to his issues with spin.
    Come out of Denial man. You are embarrassing yourself here. Amla had a stellar season for King XI yet was dropped next season whereas Maxwell continues to be picked. Now give me some excuse for this too. By your logic, there are only as many good players in the world as there are allowed in the IPL. When IPL adds more teams and these players make it to the IPL, you will be calling them world class.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

    In case you were serious, I don't think the last decade has been quite poor. An Asia Cup, Champion's Trophy, and a few overseas test tour wins. Not too shabby.

    Obviously, you can't expect sustained dominance from a cricketing structure that inherently lacks the "structure" bit. On the plus side, we are gradually improving in that department with probably a few hiccups long the way.

    Also, ups and downs are part of the game, regardless of structure. Compare Australia's & South Africa's returns to England's in the first half and the second half of the decade.
    Little bit of both

    Overall, I completely agree, itís been a very decent decade and we should give ourselves more credit than we deserved.

    But we still had a very tough decade in comparison to our past glories, which I suppose is where certain people find a lot of happiness
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 27th November 2020 at 19:14.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not even that. Every players give 100% when he is on the pitch. These guys are competitors and they cannot help it when they are on the field and in the moment. Gayle, McCullum etc. gave their best but it didn’t work.

    These things happen in cricket. A poor batsman can outscore a top batsman in a series, a batsman can average 100 against Australia and then average 20 against Zimbabwe in the next series etc.

    These outliers are part of the game, but you need people who understand cricket to appreciate this, which sadly effectively rules out 99% of Pakistani fans.

    Transitivity does not work in cricket or in any sport. If A beats B and B beats C, it doesn’t mean that A is better than C.
    That's how cricket is, so I understand the point you are making, but I do want to make sure that people understand how Gayle and Bravo are. Both love to drink and party before games and like to play through their injuries and in some cases, they did not fully disclose the nature of their injury before the start of the tournament, so they can earn quick bucks. As for Brendon, I am sure he gave his 100%, but just was not good enough towards the end of his career. They all do take IPL seriously and do their best to come fully prepared for this tournament.

    As for IPL vs PSL - PSL can never compete with IPL, so all these comparisons are silly anyways. It is actually embarrasing to read such threads where the two are being compared.

    I don't think much of T20 cricket as in this format, any player can fluke a performance and win the game for his team.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naseem View Post
    But still Gayle played and dominated IPL this year.....kya kehna
    I don't think Rahul was happy with his fitness and the reason why he kept dropping him from the first few games. He sure did have a good IPL this year, but should not have been picked as he just could not field was never 100% physically. No matter how good, a player like Chris Gayle often creates a problem in the dressing room because other players do know that he is not taking care of his body and only showing up to bat.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •