User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"I will work with Mohammad Yousuf on 2 or 3 issues with my batting" : Asad Shafiq

Speaking to the media:

"Both Abrar and Shahnawaz have done well for the 2nd XI; Abrar was supposed to be a surprise package and whilst he could not deliver in the way we expected, the fact is that the pitch was not that supporting for his bowling; I am hopeful that the State Bank and UBL pitches will prove to be more helpful for him; As a captain I am satisfied in the way he bowled in his first game"

"I accept that I was lacking in converting good starts of 30 and 40 into 100s; I had been working on that and thankfully I was able to do that in this game"

"As far as selection for the national side is concerned, my job is to perform on the field of play and Inshallah, I will try and play similar good innings in the upcoming games, and to prove myself as a consistent batsman"

"I have no pressure to make a comeback in the national side but the only worry I had was about not converting good starts to big innings; Only by playing a big innings can one help his side and bring them into a winning position"

"I havent spoken directly to anyone at the NCA; although I did speak to Shahid Aslam about my batting but no formal talks were done about coming over to NCA and work on my problems there; I also spoke to Mohammad Yousuf when he came over to see the National T20 Cup games who asked me to come over to the NCA; He has been busy since but the moment he is free again, I will try and go and spend time with him to work on two or three issues; Hopefully I will emerge as a better batsman after that"
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th November 2020 at 00:55.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Could be long sessions - but all the best to Asad!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Speaking to the media:

I have been in touch with Yousuf bhai who invited me to NCA for training when I met him during the National T20 Cup. I will go to the NCA in future to work with him on two or three things"

I have not been able to convert good starts to big scores, and that has put pressure on me. In the game against Southern Punjab I did convert that good start and made a century. I hope to do the same for Sindh in upcoming matches"
    you aren't doing any favor on anyone here.
    just stay out of Pak team that would be better'

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just retire.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A bit surprised he's left it so late.

There were some glaring issues with his technique which he hadn't worked on when they needed to be sorted out.

I don't think Mohammad Yousuf will be able to wave a magic wand.
    Last edited by Saj; 25th November 2020 at 00:58.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Hopefully Yousuf can also find a solution for him being mentally weak. Then we will have our very own Tendulkar back.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why wasnt he working on these so called issues well before this?

Hes been failing for the last 2-3 years. Surely it shouldnt take being dropped and several dozen poor performances for him to wake up to the fact theres issues with his batting

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Why wasnt he working on these so called issues well before this?

Hes been failing for the last 2-3 years. Surely it shouldnt take being dropped and several dozen poor performances for him to wake up to the fact theres issues with his batting
    Same with fakhar he has issues but he stated he has no issues on his technique

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to him but he's left it too late. Saud, Haider, Abdullah and even Saad are the future of this middle order now.

This is also a good reason why we don't let average players like Asad get comfortable and establish ridiculous streaks of continuous matches. He clearly never felt he had to work hard for his place before now.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

There were some glaring issues with his technique which he hadn't worked on when they needed to be sorted out.

When you're selected for 70 plus tests without working to improve your technique , then why bother.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think he has much left in him. His usefulness was to only inflate our batting totals higher which was helped by those batting above him who were doing an excellent job. His centuries didn't really mean much and the only times where he did stood up and score a hundred was when the others failed and the end result was a loss. I think the PCB are now taking steps to move on from him by choosing new younger players who can potentially have an impact at number 6 instead of wasting a spot.
    Last edited by ExplicitAI; 25th November 2020 at 07:10.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes the best impactless player ever. Hot take.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Moyo 1st half of his career was a bit like Asads. Loads of Soft runs against weaker side or scored runs when the game was lost and just batted to saved his place. Moyo then in his 2nd half of his career became a top quality batsmen who helped his team win games.

i cant though see Asad doing that and its time to move on.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

He held the record for the most consecutive test match appearances for Pakistan without being dropped. Naturally the consequence of such a record is that you end up feeling a certain starter in the team and that there is no need to change anything. Now that he has finally been dropped, he's now being forced to work on things

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be better off talking to Zaheer Abbas, to be honest.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    He held the record for the most consecutive test match appearances for Pakistan without being dropped. Naturally the consequence of such a record is that you end up feeling a certain starter in the team and that there is no need to change anything. Now that he has finally been dropped, he's now being forced to work on things
    Lol so that's the reward the team gets while persisting with him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doing it just 10 years too late.