Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS]"I wasn’t aware of new fitness standards when I came back after three years" : Sharjeel Khan

Karachi: Hard-hitting batsman Shajeel Khan said he always wanted to play under the captaincy of former Test cricketer, Inzamam-ul-Haq.

Speaking to ARY News, Khan said he idolized Inzamam who was one of the greatest batsmen of Pakistan ever. “I wish I could have played under the captaincy of Inzamam. He was not only a good batsman but a great mentor too,” said the cricketer.

Talking about his fitness, Khan said he was not aware of fitness standards after making comeback in competitive cricket. “I wasn’t aware of new fitness standards when I came back after three years. But, now I am working hard on my fitness and I will soon be fulfilling the required fitness standard,” said Khan who scored a First-Class Century after almost 7 years while representing Sindh against Southern Punjab in the Fourth Round of Quaid-e-Azam Trophy.

Khan was excited while sharing his feelings after lifting the PSL 5 trophy with his team Karachi Kings. The cricket also said the only cricket league of Pakistan has become a brand now worldwide.

“I was all with it and lifting the PSL 5 trophy was a big moment for all of us. We missed Dean Jones as he played a huge role in this victory,” he said.

“As far as PSL is concerned, it has now become a brand worldwide. The competitiveness and talent here make it one of the best leagues in the world,” he concluded.

https://arysports.tv/wished-play-inz...sharjeel-khan/
    Last edited by The Viper; 15th December 2020 at 23:46.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The worst thing is he came back and he was out of shape. The guy was out of the game and still had no desire to get in shape.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Intikhab Alam was right about Pakistani cricketers.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah it was established in the 2 years Sharjeel was banned that being fat is not the desired fitness level for an international athlete. Cut him some slack guys.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a dummy!

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just doesn’t want to give up the biryanis and parathay.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Name:  E5D2378A-AD1B-4041-8002-345B35789D75.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  30.6 KB

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who exactly has professional athlete standards in the Pakistan side besides Shan Masood and a couple of the fast bowlers maybe?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A worrying comment.

Surely you'd want to come back to cricket super-fit after a ban.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel's idea of a balanced diet is a paratha in each hand so it's not surprising these "new fitness standards" are a revelation to him.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Oh yeah it was established in the 2 years Sharjeel was banned that being fat is not the desired fitness level for an international athlete. Cut him some slack guys.
    Lool he obviously has no real desire to get truly fit
    Its not his fault Its the pcb who insist on fit players so lets blame

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What an idiot.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Most pakstani cricketers until a few years ago (including Shahid Afridi) genuinely think that as long as you are putting effort and hard yards in training then you are fine to eat whatever you want

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Most pakstani cricketers until a few years ago (including Shahid Afridi) genuinely think that as long as you are putting effort and hard yards in training then you are fine to eat whatever you want
    Most Pakistani cricketers even with that dehati mentality aren't anywhere near as fat as Sharjeel

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel still using Internet Explorer that he's just finding out about these fitness standards??

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Who exactly has professional athlete standards in the Pakistan side besides Shan Masood and a couple of the fast bowlers maybe?
    Fakhar babar shan hassan ali before injury malik just to name a few

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You shouldnt need to be told that being overweight isnt acceptable as a professional cricketer wanting to play for the national team

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please please please ban him for life just for this comment alone and never allow him to come back to any cricket. Seriously! Enough is enough

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Fakhar babar shan hassan ali before injury malik just to name a few
    Pakistan apparently has these supreme fitness standards, and then we are fed Faheem Ashrafs with their zero cricketing athleticism, Abid Ali’s with their pot bellies and Moobs, and Mohammad Irfan’s who are barely still managing to walk.

Seems like PCB can choose whoever they think is fit enough and who isn’t.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty insulting to plead ignorance like this lol. The guy can't be bothered. Ironically he lacks the hunger to change his fitness levels.

Get slim or stay in domestics. While it may be excusable to be slightly off fitness standards if you're performing, to come back after a fixing ban and still look like a tellytubby is unforgiveable.

If Pakistan were to let Sharjeel make a comeback while in this physical shape it'd be a very significant backwards step.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These days the only thing I like about Misbah is his zero tolerance policy against those who are not fit to play cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey hated such cricketers who used to take things for granted and felt entitled. Sharjeel is one of them. Even today he looks obese and out of shape.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    Mickey hated such cricketers who used to take things for granted and felt entitled. Sharjeel is one of them. Even today he looks obese and out of shape.
    Mickey made Sharjeel an integral part of the limited overs team and also gave him his test debut. And Sharjeel has similar physique then.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dog ate my diet plan.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent read the whole OP and just the headline so i am just posting my reaction here:

HAHAHAHA what an absolute clown this guy is! These guys think we are all fools or something? Absolute plonkers!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Name:  E5D2378A-AD1B-4041-8002-345B35789D75.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  30.6 KB
    Best response

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi has amazing genetics - the guy was never unfit his whole life. He could actually eat anything and still stay fit.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So what he is saying is that I wish I played under Inzi's captaincy because he too was a fatty and would have accepted me without the need for me to work on my fitness! This is so comical

As for not knowing that the national team requires fitness standards to be met well, what the heck was he doing for 3 years? Sounds like he didn't bother taking any positive steps to return, which shows a worrying lack of commitment.

Even if he didn't try to find out what he needed to do to make a comeback, getting fit is as obvious as it gets when it comes to being a sportsman. It's like saying oh sorry, I didn't realise that to be a doctor, I needed to know a bit about medicine!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is that supposed to mean lmao

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mediocre batsman, dodgy character, terrible fitness, poor attitude, 31 year old etc.

There is nothing likable about him and I cannot believe he has fans because he hit 3 impact-less half centuries in Australia.

This guy has failed for about 90% of his international career that started in 2013.

Luckily there is a 99% chance that he has already played his last match for Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mediocre batsman, dodgy character, terrible fitness, poor attitude, 31 year old etc.

There is nothing likable about him and I cannot believe he has fans because he hit 3 impact-less half centuries in Australia.

This guy has failed for about 90% of his international career that started in 2013.

Luckily there is a 99% chance that he has already played his last match for Pakistan.
    There is still 6-7 years of International Cricket left in him.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    There is still 6-7 years of International Cricket left in him.
    If he is officially 31 that means he is actually 34-35, and he considering his fitness, he moves around like a 45 year old already.

He is a poor batsman and recently flopped in PSL. On top of that, Misbah hates him.

He needs a miracle to get a sniff of the national team in the next 2-3 years and after that, he will be reducing to playing club cricket in Norway or Denmark.

I can see him leaving Pakistan for good very soon.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enough of this guy, PCT should move on. Thanks to Misbah for being firm on fitness levels and also this is the chance where they can implement the rule of no second chance for fixers in national team.

Amir will be the first and last that was given the second chance.
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 25th November 2020 at 17:11.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Pretty insulting to plead ignorance like this lol. The guy can't be bothered. Ironically he lacks the hunger to change his fitness levels.

Get slim or stay in domestics. While it may be excusable to be slightly off fitness standards if you're performing, to come back after a fixing ban and still look like a tellytubby is unforgiveable.

If Pakistan were to let Sharjeel make a comeback while in this physical shape it'd be a very significant backwards step.
    Lol, he lacks many things, hunger is not one of them, for that he has plenty lol

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post

Do you seriously believe what he lacks is 'Hunger'.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel Khan is acting as if he was banned in 1989 and then sent to some Andaman Islands type place and when he came back he saw the world has changed.

Or maybe he was in coma for all those years.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Shadab Khan looks fat now too

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be banned for life anyway along with every other cheat

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Shadab Khan looks fat now too
    Any pics?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    Sharjeel Khan is acting as if he was banned in 1989 and then sent to some Andaman Islands type place and when he came back he saw the world has changed.

Or maybe he was in coma for all those years.
    Lol yea. He was barely out couple of years

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Which "old" fitness standards was he meeting? From 1890?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    This one most probably from 2007 World Cup?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Out for 89 today (run out!) but improvement nevertheless!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

A 45-run partnership for the fourth wicket between Saad Ali and Sharjeel steadied the ship before a direct-hit from the boundary rope by Tayyab Tahir, fielding as a substitute, ran out Sharjeel, who struck 11 fours and three sixes in his 138-ball stay at the crease.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is such a talent. May he become more consistent and find his way back into the team. His offside play looks better, but a bit loose, from evidence.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    57 today in Round 7 of QeA20

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if he knew about the current standards, he would have done nothing about it.
    A brainless guy.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    From PCB Report of Day 2, Round 8, QeA20

A fantastic century by Sharjeel Khan gave Sindh a 150-run first innings lead over Northern at the National Stadium.

The opener crunched 17 fours and three sixes in front of the broadcast cameras, which telecasted the action live in Pakistan through PTV Sports and beamed delayed stream across the globe through PCB’s YouTube channel, in his 164-ball knock that had Sindh placed at a comfortable 353 for five.

Over the course of his second century of the season, Sharjeel stitched partnerships worth 87 and 91 with Azizullah (16) and Saud Shakeel, who made 81 off 139, after Sindh started the day on 40 for one.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see him regaining form. He can't become complacent though, he needs a big PSL6 and further improvement in fitness if he wants to be part of the upcoming WT20.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Good to see him regaining form. He can't become complacent though, he needs a big PSL6 and further improvement in fitness if he wants to be part of the upcoming WT20.
    Defonitely needs to improve his fitness but hes stil better than fakhar

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another guy that nowhere with his talent. What an idiot

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You have to keep in mind that he is scoring these runs when the top 35-40 domestic players are on New Zealand tour (Senior team and Shaheens) and 6-8 are playing in the Lanka Premier League.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You have to keep in mind that he is scoring these runs when the top 35-40 domestic players are on New Zealand tour (Senior team and Shaheens) and 6-8 are playing in the Lanka Premier League.
    To further my point, 2 of the 4 specialist bowlers for Northern are rookies. One is making his FC debut and the other is playing his second FC match. I would take these performances with a bucket of salt.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good century but his dismissal today was pointlessly soft and his fitness remains unacceptable. Sharjeel can make the national team if he wants it, but i think he wants Nihari more.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To further my point, 2 of the 4 specialist bowlers for Northern are rookies. One is making his FC debut and the other is playing his second FC match. I would take these performances with a bucket of salt.
    I understand it's not necessarily elite competition, but him scoring consistent runs is at least a start. It's why I said he still needs a big PSL6 is he wants to be in contention for WT20. Given Fakhar's lack of form, there's an opening for Sharjeel. He's shown he can succeed in international cricket before, so he's going to have stronger case than most if he keeps performing.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only top bowlers he's not playing are Shaheen, Naseem and Abbas. Shaheen and Naseem have barely played domestic cricket anyways. Amir and Wahab have retired, and I'm sure Sharjeel would have given the current version of Amir a sound thrashing. In terms of spinners, for some reason our best spinners are currently playing domestic whilst the average ones are representing Pakistan.

If Musa was playing QEA, Sharjeel would certainly have hit 100 runs off his bowling alone.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame he did have a talent for timing the ball and can hit big , I think spin bowling was an issue for him and he tend to find the edges too but he was still solid

It's a shame he never took care of his fitness if he was fit he could have been very valuable for Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still only 31 (or maybe higher real age.) still has 3-4 years in him. I'd invest behind him. He is a talent.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha, big call there. I agree Sharjeel’s statement is ridiculous, but, in all likelihood, if Fakhar continues to fail, Sharjeel will have a big PSL and be in the Pak squad for the next T20 world cup or the one in Australia the year after Lets see if my prediction pans out.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D/DAhmed View Post
    The only top bowlers he's not playing are Shaheen, Naseem and Abbas. Shaheen and Naseem have barely played domestic cricket anyways. Amir and Wahab have retired, and I'm sure Sharjeel would have given the current version of Amir a sound thrashing. In terms of spinners, for some reason our best spinners are currently playing domestic whilst the average ones are representing Pakistan.

If Musa was playing QEA, Sharjeel would certainly have hit 100 runs off his bowling alone.
    Lol you’re ‘sure’

You’re making him sound like Anwar+Warner hybrid and not Sharjeel Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol you’re ‘sure’

You’re making him sound like Anwar+Warner hybrid and not Sharjeel Khan.
    Well I'm not exactly saying he'd be dispatching Starc and Archer to all parts of the ground. The concern was that his performances shouldn't be taken too seriously as the 'top' domestic bowlers aren't currently playing on the circuit. Given how poor Amir was in National T20, and how poor Musa is generally, I'm confident in saying he would demolish them in this form.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow. Brilliant consistency

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel, Omair, Saud, Asad all making runs upon runs and Dhani, Tabish, Hamza taking wickets after wickets, and Sindh still can’t win. What’s going on!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel is significantly outperforming the other domestic openers including the hyped youngsters Zaryab and Yousuf.

Not only averaging close to 50, but striking at 80 !

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Sharjeel is significantly outperforming the other domestic openers including the hyped youngsters Zaryab and Yousuf.

Zaryab is decent at best i dont see him playing for Pakistan. I will be surprised if he does. Umair after a decent start has fallen away.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How was this guy was not picked for Nz t20 is beyond me. How is abdullah shafique and khushdil shah ahead of him?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    How was this guy was not picked for Nz t20 is beyond me. How is abdullah shafique and khushdil shah ahead of him?
    He failed in the domestic T20 series right before the selections were announced.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this will help:-

Khusdil Shah and Abdullah didn't take 💰 to underperform.

P.S.:-

Stop glorifying sell outs and fixers.
    It is frustrating to see the social media campaign glorifying Md Asif, he was a good bowler no doubt about it but was an equally good sell out. Pakistan cricket needs to move on.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he doesn't come but wouldn't be surprised if the fixer plays international cricket due again to due our lack of options in LO cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is aware of it, just doesn't want to put in the work

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan’s fitness standards must be higher than India’s if Sharma gets picked but Sharjeel Khan doesn’t due to being fat.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's beyond you why we didn't pick a sumo wrestler who also had years to get into shape prior to returning to cricket?? Not that hard to figure out surely bhai.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

Do have to say he's looked excellent when he hits them cleanly. Domestic bowlers are genuinely afraid to bowl to him because he isn't cowed by the situation, if it's there to hit he'll hit it.

I wonder if fitness rules can be relaxed for t20, but with the added caveat that this guy will never get anywhere near anything longer? It probably sends the wrong message through the system though. Every other top team has 11 athletes playing for them so we should aim for the same.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Need him back in the limited overs set up.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel has been working very hard on his fitness from day one. He scored like 17 in last fitness tests held several months back. Was never in Misbah's favourites and hence would rot in domestics when inferior players play ahead of him

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has played enough and has worked decently on his fitness post comeback. If its not something non cricket related then I think he should be picked vs SA atleast in one format.

Otherwise we can always fast track another teenager straight to the national team.
    Last edited by Titan24; 24th December 2020 at 19:02.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is ready. Bring him back!!!!