User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Why is India not holding talks with Pakistan when it is talking to China: Mehbooba Mufti

Former chief minister of Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK) Mehbooba Mufti questioned why India was unwilling to hold talks with Pakistan when it was talking to China despite Beijing taking “India’s lands”.

“There should be a dialogue between the two countries [India and Pakistan]. If we are talking to China, which has taken our land, why not with Pakistan? Is it about being a Muslim country because everything is communal now,” questioned the Kashmiri leader while talking about local elections in the occupied region.

Speaking to reporters in Srinagar, Mufti also slammed the ruling Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) for its actions in the country, saying that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was trying to build an environment where these is “no place for democracy”.

“There is no place for real democracy in BJP’s India,” reported Scroll.in citing the Hindustan Times.

“They want to create their own ecosystem. They have their own puppets and B-teams whom they want to install here [occupied Kashmir] and that is why they are making so many efforts for DDC elections,” observed Mufti while speaking to an Indian journalist regarding the first phase of District Development Council elections that were held on Sunday.

Reinstate Article 370

The Kashmiri leader also demanded that Article 370 of the Indian Constitution, which grants special status to occupied Kashmir, should be reinstated.

Mufti warned India that the “Kashmir problem” will continue if Article 370 is not reinstated.

“Ministers will come and go. Simply conducting elections is no solution to the problem,” said Mufti.

Source Geo

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not hard to understand. The hatred between Pakistan and India is deeply rooted.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Not hard to understand. The hatred between Pakistan and India is deeply rooted.
    Also can't treat countries like China the way they treat each other.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Modi govt is jealous because our “tea is fantastic.”

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China is a world power and way stronger than India, India knows they would be blown out the water in a conflict so have no other choice but to negotiate.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    China is a world power and way stronger than India, India knows they would be blown out the water in a conflict so have no other choice but to negotiate.
    If India was so weak, China wont be negotiating.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    I think the Modi govt is jealous because our “tea is fantastic.”
    Maybe they read your post in the how Pakistan is seen in the rest of the world and agreed that finding an honest Pakistani is like finding a needle in a haystack so can't really blame them for not trusting Pakistan. Would you want to hold talks with a nation of thieves, liars, paedophiles, etc?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Maybe they read your post in the how Pakistan is seen in the rest of the world and agreed that finding an honest Pakistani is like finding a needle in a haystack so can't really blame them for not trusting Pakistan. Would you want to hold talks with a nation of thieves, liars, paedophiles, etc?
    Problem is, India does have an edge on a couple of other avenues, but the ills of society that I mentioned, especially corruption and injustice are almost equally rampant in India. So that doesn’t give them an edge or a higher ground of morality. So no, your logic doesn’t apply here.
    India Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh. etc are about in the same breadth when it comes classification of corruption in a third world country.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is, India does have an edge on a couple of other avenues, but the ills of society that I mentioned, especially corruption and injustice are almost equally rampant in India. So that doesn’t give them an edge or a higher ground of morality. So no, your logic doesn’t apply here.
    India Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh. etc are about in the same breadth when it comes classification of corruption in a third world country.
    What about Sri Lanka - there have been many corruption allegations and also civil wars there not so long ago.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    What about Sri Lanka - there have been many corruption allegations and also civil wars there not so long ago.
    Sri Lanka still ranks at 91 on scale of corruption. The problem seems to be is in the desi DNA.

Or if you look at the golden words that Imran Khan once said.

"What makes a third world country, a third world country?
    Corruption!"

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka still ranks at 91 on scale of corruption. The problem seems to be is in the desi DNA.

Or if you look at the golden words that Imran Khan once said.

"What makes a third world country, a third world country?
    Corruption!"

This is an interesting take on it, but in fact it could be found in historical accounts from British colonialists who often described the Indian race as cunning or duplicitous during their time ruling the continent. It is certainly interesting to hear echoes of it from those of desi DNA proffer the same opinions themselves hundreds of years later.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an interesting take on it, but in fact it could be found in historical accounts from British colonialists who often described the Indian race as cunning or duplicitous during their time ruling the continent. It is certainly interesting to hear echoes of it from those of desi DNA proffer the same opinions themselves hundreds of years later.
    So you believe the British were wrong or do you have a different take on it? Can't have it both ways.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So you believe the British were wrong or do you have a different take on it? Can't have it both ways.
    I have already answered this in other threads, my view has always been systems create order, but I am certainly open minded to any other suggestions. I suppose you might argue why desi DNA have not created systems after all this time. Would certainly love to discuss it further.

When you say can't have it both ways, what is the other way you are referring to? Is it your belief that some races are inherently deceitful and prone to duplicity and perversion?

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already answered this in other threads, my view has always been systems create order, but I am certainly open minded to any other suggestions. I suppose you might argue why desi DNA have not created systems after all this time. Would certainly love to discuss it further.

When you say can't have it both ways, what is the other way you are referring to? Is it your belief that some races are inherently deceitful and prone to duplicity and perversion?
    So first things first, when I said "The problem seems to be is in the desi DNA", it was only a lame attempt at humor. Hopefully, you haven't taken it to heart.

On a serious note though, for the last few days, I've been thinking to start a new thread where we can discuss this topic and have a good exchange of scholarly discussion in a friendly environment.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So first things first, when I said "The problem seems to be is in the desi DNA", it was only a lame attempt at humor. Hopefully, you haven't taken it to heart.

On a serious note though, for the last few days, I've been thinking to start a new thread where we can discuss this topic and have a good exchange of scholarly discussion in a friendly environment.
    They are your words bro, why would I take it to heart? I think it would be a good idea to have a thread, I do see a lot of despair and self flagellation in threads like the 'how do other people think of Pakistanis' thread, and I prefer objective analysis to understand where it comes from rather than crying. That is the only way of fixing something in my view.

Anyway, enough of that, on the topic of why is India not talking to Pakistan when it is talking to China, the answer is quite simple. The current Indian govt doesn't believe Pakistan should even exist so what is there to talk about?