chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dilbar Hussain's performance watch with Melbourne Stars

https://www.melbournestars.com.au/ne...ing/2020-12-01

The Melbourne Stars have added to their international roster with the signing of fast bowler Dilbar Hussain.

Hussain hails from Faisalabad in north eastern Pakistan and will be available for the full season.

He returns to the Stars through the club's ongoing relationship with the Lahore Qalandars - a successful connection that led to Haris Rauf's involvement with the Stars in BBL|09.

Hussain played for the Qalandars in the recent Pakistan Super League (PSL) alongside Stars batsman Ben Dunk.

The 27-year-old notably came to professional cricket late, having not played hard ball cricket at any level before 2018 when he entered regional selection trials in the Qalandars program.

Hussain made one appearance for the Stars last season, taking the wicket of AB de Villiers at the MCG and said he was pleased to return to the Melbourne Stars.

“I’m very happy to be coming back to the Melbourne Stars for the Big Bash. In the short time I was with the club last season I learnt so much. I’d like to thank David Hussey who was incredibly supportive and encouraged me to keep working on my craft.” Hussain said.

Hussain took 14 wickets during the recent PSL tournament including Alex Hales.

Stars Head Coach David Hussey said Hussain brings a unique benefit to the bowling lineup.

“I’m looking forward to working with Dilbar again this season and supporting his development together with our wider bowling group. His Stars debut was a whirlwind last year – it was his first senior T20 match and he effectively came down to Melbourne at very short notice and ended up bowling to AB de Villiers at the MCG,” Hussey said.

“He's a genuine 140km/hr bowler with a good yorker and an incredible slower ball. With another year of experience and his time in the PSL, we’re keen to see what Dilbar brings to the table for us this year. The fact that not many players have faced him before can be a real advantage for us,” Hussey said.

Melbourne Stars General Manager Nick Cummins said the club was pleased with its international contingent.

“We’ve brought in players from a number of countries which truly represents the broad appeal that BBL and the Melbourne Stars has for players all over the world,” Cummins said.

“We’re looking forward to having Dilbar Hussain in green with us this season and we’re confident about how the squad has come together.”

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Melbourne Stars and their obsession with Pakistani street cricketers and Lahore Qalandars’ gimmicks.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Melbourne Stars and their obsession with Pakistani street cricketers and Lahore Qalandars’ gimmicks.
    Well one of them was the best bowler last season. So at least for t20s, I won't blame em

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    Well one of them was the best bowler last season. So at least for t20s, I won't blame em
    Yes because fielding aside, BBL is well below international level.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    thought you rated Dilbar

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    thought you rated Dilbar
    In t20s I do. But even there I am skeptical of what he can achieve in Aus.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful news and many congrats to Dilbar.

As I stated before, he was the only pace bowler in the entire PSL with a clean smooth action supported by a relaxed run up.

I hope he learns from the local Aussie coaches on how to better move the ball in the air, and the experience will help him develop new skills.

Congrats again and All the Best !

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just needs add a few yards to his run-up to give him a more consistent action

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Message to Dilbar if you are reading this.
    (or @Saj, if you can forward this message to him)

While you are in the Aussie playing BBL, try to get hold of coach Tim McCaskill. Walk up to him or approach him thru Mike Hussey and arrange a few coaching lessons.

Tim is an excellent coach who can improve your technical skills of getting better control over swing.
    All the best!

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you even understand the kind of raw ability this guy has? Or would you have done so had he had saini, Mavi or tyagi as his surname?

There is a reason why they are willing to pluck him out, inspite of his minimal hardball experience and invest in him.

Had this guy been discovered 10 years ago, you would have been looking at an elite bowling talent.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, come’on
    Try to encourage a fellow Pakistani for a change.

Dilbar is at least not a parchi otherwise the Aussies would not take him.

He has done some hard yards and may not last long due to his age group but come’on, let’s back him up so that he can confidently try to make the best of what he has at hands.
    In a country where opportunities are super scare and parchism is rampant, not everyone gets a fair chance everyday.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * correction ^^ “super scarce”

(Hate this two minute rule)

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBL is high quality T20 cricket, despite the lack of big names. Besides PSL it is the league I enjoy watching most. And its only going to get more exciting with the new rules that they have added.

Dilbar will benefit from the experience. Didn't have a particularly memorable stint last time.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 1st December 2020 at 14:48.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    David Hussey, Melbourne Stars Coach on Dilbar signing

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good experience, and I'm glad he's getting paid well.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Burn baby burn

Dilbar is years ahead as a bowler in comparison to your precious Saini, Natarajan and Shardul Thakur.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is very little difference between BBL,IPL,PSL and English Vitality T20 except money.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy for him.He is very very talented.He uses his brain very well.He will be surely be successful this time around.i see him making national squad in an year or two.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    There is very little difference between BBL,IPL,PSL and English Vitality T20 except money.
    Money buys best players around the world. Better players means better quality. So money is the main thing and not just 'except' money. Its like saying internationals and domestic List A games has no difference except money.

IPL is 10 times the league than others and reason it has seperate window in ICC calendar.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    It is like saying there is very little difference between you and Bill Gates, except that Bill Gates has $100 billion more than you.

League cricket is all about who has the greatest financial muscle and thus has the biggest capacity to attract the best players.

Hence, the difference between the budget is the only important distinction.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Burn baby burn

Dilbar is years ahead as a bowler in comparison to your precious Saini, Natarajan and Shardul Thakur.
    Saini, Natarajan and Thakur are playing in IPL and earning more money than this street cricketer will make in a lifetime in these low budget leagues.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is like saying there is very little difference between you and Bill Gates, except that Bill Gates has $100 billion more than you.

League cricket is all about who has the greatest financial muscle and thus has the biggest capacity to attract the best players.

Don't want it to turn into a thread about Bill Gates, but that's somewhat true. Gates simply happened to be in the right place at the right time. Nothing exceptional about him intellectually. The tech field has both far superior engineers/theoreticians as well as far superior business minds.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBL and their obsession with no name Pak and Afg cricketers. Qais Ahmed, Zahid Khan, Dilbar Hussain, Haris Rauf......

Why can't they sign a more experienced guy like Amir ? Not like he'll say no.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    BBL and their obsession with no name Pak and Afg cricketers. Qais Ahmed, Zahid Khan, Dilbar Hussain, Haris Rauf......

They probably believe in developing players themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For the same reason Pakistan team won’t take him, Amir isn’t in form enough to make any decent team these days. Btw about Amir saying no, he’s made it categorical in a statement that he’ll drop out of all these leagues if they call him up to play for Pakistan. Not sure why people continue to accuse him of chasing money, you can’t blame him for trying to a) earn money and b) regain his form while he has nothing else to do?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    They probably believe in developing players themselves.
    This is not football where teams (clubs) can have the players available for ten months in a year and are bounded by tight contracts for years.

What development will BBL team do in a month and a half(?) long league with no surity of the player even coming back the next year?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be some good experience for him. Definitely deserves a chance over Musa.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not football where teams (clubs) can have the players available for ten months in a year and are bounded by tight contracts for years.

What development will BBL team do in a month and a half(?) long league with no surity of the player even coming back the next year?
    You're probably right. But maybe we should reserve judgment of these "no name" cricketers until after the tournament.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    For the same reason Pakistan team won’t take him, Amir isn’t in form enough to make any decent team these days. Btw about Amir saying no, he’s made it categorical in a statement that he’ll drop out of all these leagues if they call him up to play for Pakistan. Not sure why people continue to accuse him of chasing money, you can’t blame him for trying to a) earn money and b) regain his form while he has nothing else to do?
    Brother....I'm not accusing him of anything.

Let's be honest here. One of the main reasons behind him retiring from test cricket was to maximize his incomes from league cricket. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. He has every right to secure his future and his family's. There is no way he'll say no to a BBL gig.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me wonder how many fast bowlers with such talent are being wasted away playing street cricket with tape ball.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    You're probably right. But maybe we should reserve judgment of these "no name" cricketers until after the tournament.
    I'm not judging their potential or should i say t@ilent. "No name" doesn't mean they're poor.

BBL teams have just 2 overseas spots and one would expect them to sign some big names and they actually used to do that for the first few seasons. Now that the league has lost it's sheen, they are in an even bigger need for the big names and not some reserves from Pak and Afg.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBL teams have just 2 overseas spots and one would expect them to sign some big names and they actually used to do that for the first few seasons. Now that the league has lost it's sheen, they are in an even bigger need for the big names and not some reserves from Pak and Afg.
    They have changed it to 3 overseas players for the latest edition. They have some decent names in the season but, even Rauf was no name and was 4th highest wicket taker in only 10 matches and had the best economy amongst top 5. So teams want star players but also players who might not be stars currently but, can deliver for them.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brother....I'm not accusing him of anything.

Let's be honest here. One of the main reasons behind him retiring from test cricket was to maximize his incomes from league cricket. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. He has every right to secure his future and his family's. There is no way he'll say no to a BBL gig.
    You’re accusing him of it right here though. I’m being honest too. Have you watched his bowling since he retired from Test cricket? He’s down on pace and struggling to swing the ball and you can easily tell from the naked eye that his body is giving up on him. It’s only coincidental that that’s exactly what he keeps repeating about his decision to take a retirement.

Of course he won’t say no to a BBL gig, but if he was suddenly given a call to come to New Zealand, you can bet your top dollar he’ll go straight away prioritizing Pakistan and ditching CPL, BBL, SLPL and even IPL if given the option.

Unfortunately, right now, as sad as it is to say Dilbar is a better bowler than Amir. Both the Pakistan team and Melbourne Stars recognize this.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Makes me wonder how many fast bowlers with such talent are being wasted away playing street cricket with tape ball.
    Plenty, enough to become better bowlers than the pace prodigy Saini

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Do you even understand the kind of raw ability this guy has? Or would you have done so had he had saini, Mavi or tyagi as his surname?
    Or if he was English he'd be the best T20I bowler while only having played one international match

Mamoon logic!

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, people actually think Dilbar is talented? The guy is garbage. He's just some random PSL club bowler.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    LOL, people actually think Dilbar is talented? The guy is garbage. He's just some random PSL club bowler.
    The king of one sentence rubbish strikes again!

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HappyWarsFan He is definitely better at his craft, than you are with your posts.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The king of one sentence rubbish strikes again!
    I can easily write essays if you'd like, but I'd rather not waste my nor yours.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    @HappyWarsFan He is definitely better at his craft, than you are with your posts.
    I didn't realize posting on the forum was some sort of sophisticated craft that people train on. Don't think that's a valid "craft" to compare to his bowling.

I'm just shocked that people actually think he's any good. Both me and brother think he's hot garbage. He sprays it wide all the time when he's bowling.

Also, the guy literally never played hard ball cricket until 2 years ago and he's 27 you expect.somrone.wjth absolutely no domestic experience to actually be good? This is why Pakistan cricket is a joke now, we fast track every random Tom or Dick having a decent PSL

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Also, the guy literally never played hard ball cricket until 2 years ago and he's 27 you expect.somrone.wjth absolutely no domestic experience to actually be good? This is why Pakistan cricket is a joke now, we fast track every random Tom or Dick having a decent PSL
    He's never been selected for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    He's never been selected for Pakistan.
    I know, but people want him selected

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize posting on the forum was some sort of sophisticated craft that people train on. Don't think that's a valid "craft" to compare to his bowling.

I'm just shocked that people actually think he's any good. Both me and brother think he's hot garbage. He sprays it wide all the time when he's bowling.

I will let this discussion pass, because you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can easily write essays if you'd like, but I'd rather not waste my nor yours.
    Write an essay and let’s debate.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read the article you would realise he is being picked up by Melbourne, so if you want to scold someone for fast tracking someone with a decent PSL then go and speak to Hussey or the Melbourne team cos clearly your cricket knowledge is way more comprehensive then a seasoned pro turned coach.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know about Afghanistan but last time they signed a "no name" from Pakistan, he ended up being among leading the wicket takers. So it makes to sign another one.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saini, Natarajan and Thakur are playing in IPL and earning more money than this street cricketer will make in a lifetime in these low budget leagues.
    What difference does that make? @Rana said Dilbar was better not richer.

Those three bowlers are lucky that their local league is the highest paying one, however it in no way means they are better than Dilbar just based on that.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last one didnt do too bad

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both you and your brother probably taught misbah is excellent well at least you did. That's enough evidence to know your knowledge about cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    What difference does that make? @Rana said Dilbar was better not richer.

Those three bowlers are lucky that their local league is the highest paying one, however it in no way means they are better than Dilbar just based on that.
    If Dilbar plays for Pakistan and those guys play/continue playing for India, you will see that the Indian bowlers will end with better international careers than Dilbar in spite of Pakistani fans deciding that Dilbar is more talented.

It has been the same story for years. We always seem to have monopoly over “talent” but bowlers in other countries with lesser “talent” end up having better careers.

“Talent” is easily the most abused word in Pakistan cricket, and I guess it is the only ray of hope that keeps Pakistani fans interested in the game.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    before going gaga over this and thinking that Dilbar is a good bowler.

BBL has signed Fawad Ahmed, Usman Qadir, Mujeeb Ur rehman, Zahir Khan, Sandeep Lamichane.

Reason being calender

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care how much money Bill Gates.Good luck to him.He was lucky.I am not bothered about
    So called best players.I don't watch IPL nor do I care about it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In Pakistan, everyone who is not with the team is the next best thing.

Every Pakistani bowler is better than Dilbar.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    In Pakistan, everyone who is not with the team is the next best thing.

Every Pakistani bowler is better than Dilbar.
    What else can fans do when the team is hovering above minnow level?

Had Misbah picked Sohail or Imran over Naseem in the England series, we would have been told that if Misbah didn’t favor old players and played the super talent Naseem, we would have won the series.

That is the level of delusion among Pakistani fans these days.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had Misbah picked Sohail or Imran over Naseem in the England series, we would have been told that if Misbah didn’t favor old players and played the super talent Naseem, we would have won the series.

Everyone is crucifying me just because I said Dilbar is garbage. How can people actually rate this pyjama cricketer?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Dilbar plays for Pakistan and those guys play/continue playing for India, you will see that the Indian bowlers will end with better international careers than Dilbar in spite of Pakistani fans deciding that Dilbar is more talented.

It has been the same story for years. We always seem to have monopoly over “talent” but bowlers in other countries with lesser “talent” end up having better careers.

“Talent” is easily the most abused word in Pakistan cricket, and I guess it is the only ray of hope that keeps Pakistani fans interested in the game.
    Even with this nonsense response, Dilbar the bowler is better than Saini, Nataranjan and Thakur the bowlers.

@pacy_with_wisdom is a very good poster who doesn’t just post superficial comments and analysis about cricketers like yourself. Instead of looking down upon the player because of his Pakistani background, how about you post a sensible post like Pacy for once and explain the technical issues you see with Dilbar and why he isn’t better than the Indian fast bowlers who are paid handsomely in the IPL but have been exposed miserably in Australia?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Even with this nonsense response, Dilbar the bowler is better than Saini, Nataranjan and Thakur the bowlers.

@pacy_with_wisdom is a very good poster who doesn’t just post superficial comments and analysis about cricketers like yourself. Instead of looking down upon the player because of his Pakistani background, how about you post a sensible post like Pacy for once and explain the technical issues you see with Dilbar and why he isn’t better than the Indian fast bowlers who are paid handsomely in the IPL but have been exposed miserably in Australia?
    He is 27 and only started bowling with a hard ball two days ago. That is enough for me to know that he will never amount to anything in international cricket.

If he ever becomes more than a 10 T20I and 7 ODIs wonder, feel free to tag me.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Everyone is crucifying me just because I said Dilbar is garbage. How can people actually rate this pyjama cricketer?
    These days our fans hype players out of desperation. They see a savior in every young/new player.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    This is actually good news - no harm if a cricketer can earn some extra bucks. I think, BBL is too long and slotted at the busiest point of cricket season, hence it’s impossible to hire regular internationals with that budget hence BBL is going for decent but irregular players - Dilbar fits the bill. I don’t think he has any further to go in longer formats of the game hence trying his best to create own niche- T20 leagues and to his credit he has got into BBL, probably would have got a BPL deal as well if it was there.

However, if PCB is serous about recovering PAK cricket from the free fall, they’ll have to stop players leaving for such jokes like BBL, BPL, CPL, SLPL ...in middle of premier FC tournament.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These days our fans hype players out of desperation. They see a savior in every young/new player.
    Who's rating him so highly? Who's wanting him to play for Pakistan?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is 27 and only started bowling with a hard ball two days ago. That is enough for me to know that he will never amount to anything in international cricket.

For you? OK, you are entitled to believe that you are a graduate from the university of Dennis Lillee.

But a guy who started to play hard ball cricket 2 days ago, yet still produces excellent performances that are on Par with Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan’s Best fast bowler), and also bowls excellently to Faf Du Plesis, Babar Azam and Alex Hales in the PSL play off and final cannot be a fluke bowler who will not amount to much as an international bowler.

I firmly hope and believe that he will be in the Pakistan squad for the 2021 and 2022 T20 World Cup, because I honestly don’t see a better bowler than him in the Pakistan side besides Shaheen. If you are downplaying him because you secretly hope that Amir makes the return in place of Musa/Faheem/Rauf then thats a different case.

For now, much respect to Melbourne and David Hussey for rewarding this fantastic bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post

However, if PCB is serous about recovering PAK cricket from the free fall, they’ll have to stop players leaving for such jokes like BBL, BPL, CPL, SLPL ...in middle of premier FC tournament.
    I personally have no problem with players like Azam Khan and Dilbar Hussain skipping first class cricket for T20 leagues. They don't have any future in red ball cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One look at the Dilbar interview thread will answer your questions.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am wanting him to play for Pakistan. InshaAllah he will play for Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep it's sad how low they have gone. Desperation is reeking.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No thanks, the Test mace and CT17 win are enough to keep fans interested. “Talent” may be overused, but “lack of talent” is overused just as much.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The glass is half empty or half full?

If I was you, I would rather say, not every tape ball bowler at 27 is able to switch to hardball and get a call from an international league. So hats off to him. This doesn't happen everyday.

Yes, he may not have a huge bright international level future, but you gotta give it to him for making this far and this quick while being so late in the game.

He needs appreciation rather than criticism. I don't think he has done anything wrong, did he?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually good news - no harm if a cricketer can earn some extra bucks. I think, BBL is too long and slotted at the busiest point of cricket season, hence it’s impossible to hire regular internationals with that budget hence BBL is going for decent but irregular players - Dilbar fits the bill. I don’t think he has any further to go in longer formats of the game hence trying his best to create own niche- T20 leagues and to his credit he has got into BBL, probably would have got a BPL deal as well if it was there.

As far as I know, the only major cricketer who's out on a clown league during this FC season is that 37 year old pensioner Mohammad Amir. The rest are the likes of Malik, Shahid Afridi, etc. So this season it isn't that bad and I do see a lot of youngsters in FC right now.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I personally have no problem with players like Azam Khan and Dilbar Hussain skipping first class cricket for T20 leagues. They don't have any future in red ball cricket.
    Not Azam, he is still young and need to develop the game - what he is doing has a shelf life of 3-4 years max. He needs to play proper cricket at least for 3 years - be it in second XI or as reserve.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not Azam, he is still young and need to develop the game - what he is doing has a shelf life of 3-4 years max. He needs to play proper cricket at least for 3 years - be it in second XI or as reserve.
    realistically he doesn't have much of a chance. Many are in the pecking order before him. Rizwan, Rohail, Umair Masood, even Mohammad Haris looks a better prospect for red ball cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He was on bench for Sindh second XI, can’t blame him for going to Sri Lanka if the Sindh selectors are too short sighted to pick him. One problem at a time, I suppose.

Better T20 than no cricket at all.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a garbage bowler like Tom Curran is consistently backed England (one of the best white ball teams),

Yet Dilbar Hussain isn’t good enough for International cricket because Mamoon thinks so

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    a garbage bowler like Tom Curran is consistently backed England (one of the best white ball teams),

Yet Dilbar Hussain isn’t good enough for International cricket because Mamoon thinks so
    Tom Curran is English so he is automatically among the top bowlers in world cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

exactly, there is no winning over.

Forget Dilbar, these fans even think Usman Qadir is the next best spinner

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    exactly, there is no winning over.

Forget Dilbar, these fans even think Usman Qadir is the next best spinner
    What do you mean, these fans?
    This actually reflects poorly on you because you cant decipher a cogent elaborate analysis, that is devoid of any conclusions, and is rather a discussion about potential.
    A guy with your lack of comprehension just sees them as black or white.

Therefore it will be better to get off of that high condescending horse you are riding, because it doesnt fit you from the little I know about your general views.
    The fact that you are a shedaai of Misbah to the point that you wanted to literally stop following cricket after his retirement just underscores the very little validity and logic that your views hold.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghar ke murghi dall barabar for people like you when will you change your mentality from this negativity

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamoon is in the category when people say dilbar is good he will say he is garbage when people say dilbar is not good enough he will say you are out of your mind

they are just mad for negative thoughts and to disagree people and thinks he is the best

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dilbar with his captain Glenn Maxwell

cdafa89b-b4ee-4ca7-b365-38d2f4aaf47c

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Dilbar with his captain Glenn Maxwell

cdafa89b-b4ee-4ca7-b365-38d2f4aaf47c
    Two Hall of famers in one pic!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Dilbar maybe playing his first game of BBL10 soon

Melbourne Stars vs Brisbane Heat, 2nd Match (8:15 AM GMT, 7:15 PM LOCAL)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter