Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] 'Teri aisi ki taisi', 'Drunk' woman assaults police in posh area of Lahore

I saw this earlier this morning and have not seen a thread on here about this all day, unless I have missed it.

Police claim they tried to stop woman from drinking alcohol in public which angered her

After footage of a woman, who was allegedly intoxicated, thrashing and hurling abuse at policemen outside a high end restaurant in Lahore’s Defence Housing Authority went viral on Saturday night, police have booked the suspect.

A case was registered against the suspect in the Defence B Police Station.

Authorities say the intoxicated woman had first misbehaved with the staff of the cafť before coming on the street outside.

"The guard of the restaurant stopped the woman as she was consuming alcohol in public," a police officer said. "Both of them got into an argument after which police in the neighbourhood stopped by to clear the commotion."

Police said that they tried to calm her down but to no avail as she tore the uniform of one of the officers who was trying to pacify her.

The suspect and her friend then sat in their car and left the site. After the incident's video surfaced on multiple social media platforms, CCPO Umar Sheikh took notice of the incident and has instructed an inquiry against her.

"I have appreciated the officers for not responding to the woman despite her attacks," he said, adding that the woman will be arrested as soon as possible.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2276719...area-of-lahore
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st December 2020 at 00:38.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have heard that they were apparently drinking inside Gloria Jeans and then were told to leave immediately after which they went out and were publicly drinking when the police man was informed by others in there.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, why is this news? I guess because of the taboo of alcohol?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Video added to post #1

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    taboo of alcohol?
    Is that how you look at it in the Indian State of Gujrat?

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This women should be in jail. However as she is most likely from an elite background, nothing will happen to her.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    taboo of alcohol?
    Is that how you look at it in the Indian State of Gujrat?
    ???

And isn't it the case that alcohol is pretty taboo in Pakistan, especially in public?

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ???

And isn't it the case that alcohol is pretty taboo in Pakistan, especially in public?
    No. You can find Rich Muslims, Middle Class Muslims, and poor Muslims drinking alcohol.

Legally alcohol is only available to non Muslims, but most of the customers are Muslim. And its basically a dont ask dont tell policy.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A lot of richer Pakistanis are literally addicted to drugs and alcohol and have very sad lives. Fortunately despite the faults of this country, I like that these people are forced to have this fun behind closed doors and that’s how it should remain.

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I completely believe the authorities in this case that this trashy woman was misbehaving with staff. This type of arrogant human garbage is unfortunately too common in this country.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you from where assault on police officers doesn’t make the news? Also it’s not about taboo rather the legality. If you live in a country you need to follow it’s law. You can’t pick and chose what laws to follow based on your personal moral code.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In USA they would have (rightfully in this case) tased her and she would have been dragged to the cell.

Pathetic and what a jaahil (ignorant) person.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’d probably have the same reaction to police if I was drunk. Police deserve nothing else but contempt. They are only good for harassing couples in parks and other recreational spaces.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much yaar abuse language nahi please

Says the guy who's making the video

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how elite in Pakistan behave.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I’d probably have the same reaction to police if I was drunk. Police deserve nothing else but contempt. They are only good for harassing couples in parks and other recreational spaces.
    I am sure the Pakistani police is far from perfect but were they wrong in this occasion? According to the news, this woman was harassing the staff that’s why the Police stepped in. Should they have just let her do what she wants cause she is rich and drunk lol?

Like someone said she is lucky she wasn’t in the US or this story would have ended very differently.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    A lot of richer Pakistanis are literally addicted to drugs and alcohol and have very sad lives. Fortunately despite the faults of this country, I like that these people are forced to have this fun behind closed doors and that’s how it should remain.
    Drugs and alcohol are common among both the rich and poor class, it's the middle class Pakistanis who are religious and socially conservative - someone once said, religion has been more dominant among the middle class in most societies.

As for this being a good thing, I don't know man. People usually turn to drugs and alcohol because they're either depressed, suffer from anxiety or other mental health issues so they self-medicate, it this was more open perhaps they would be able to seek help. This is a symptom of a larger issue in society.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Where are you from where assault on police officers doesn’t make the news? Also it’s not about taboo rather the legality. If you live in a country you need to follow it’s law. You can’t pick and chose what laws to follow based on your personal moral code.
    Ah fair point about the assault, I suppose I was more shocked about the 'drunk woman' aspect.

I was under the impression that some places did serve alcohol (hotels I believe), and that it's an open secret that many middle to upper-class residents indulge in it.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Legalise Alcohol, Pakistan isnít some holy land. Let the people drink, itís their choice.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Legalise Alcohol, Pakistan isn’t some holy land. Let the people drink, it’s their choice.
    Its already legal for non Muslims in Pakistan. And Muslims can easily buy it if they want, and there is no penalty if they drink it. So whether its illegal or not illegal for Muslims is no big deal.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is Islamic only in it's label .When it comes to social and moral values , the society is fast becoming very corrupt and most people don't live the Muslim way of life.

Might as well declare the country as " Secular " to end the hypocrisy.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I am sure the Pakistani police is far from perfect but were they wrong in this occasion? According to the news, this woman was harassing the staff that’s why the Police stepped in. Should they have just let her do what she wants cause she is rich and drunk lol?

Like someone said she is lucky she wasn’t in the US or this story would have ended very differently.
    She’s not lucky for not being in US. People in US are unlucky for being in US.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consuming alcohol in public is wrong.

Do whatever you want at home. Drink, puke, throw objects, break objects.... As long as it is at home where it harms only you, it's your private matter.

But if it is public, then it becomes a different issue. Alcohol wasn't the issue here but drinking in public was.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Consuming alcohol in public is wrong.

Do whatever you want at home. Drink, puke, throw objects, break objects.... As long as it is at home where it harms only you, it's your private matter.

But if it is public, then it becomes a different issue. Alcohol wasn't the issue here but drinking in public was.
    Why is the safety of family members any less than those of the public?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Why is the safety of family members any less than those of the public?
    I didn't say any less. That's why I stated, "as long as it harms ONLY YOU"

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I didn't say any less. That's why I stated, "as long as it harms ONLY YOU"
    Don't know why you are condoning self harm. Are you ok with a father hitting his head with a blunt object in front of his kids?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Don't know why you are condoning self harm. Are you ok with a father hitting his head with a blunt object in front of his kids?
    Your example falls in the line of harming a child by inflicting emotional scar knowingly or unknowingly. Hence, it doesn't fall under what I wrote about "only you".

YOU is an isolated system in my explanation.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Your example falls in the line of harming a child by inflicting emotional scar knowingly or unknowingly. Hence, it doesn't fall under what I wrote about "only you".

YOU is an isolated system in my explanation.
    The isolated system was not obvious. I guess you mean someone who has no responsibilities, including pets and doesn't owe anything to anyone, including his country.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Drugs and alcohol are common among both the rich and poor class, it's the middle class Pakistanis who are religious and socially conservative - someone once said, religion has been more dominant among the middle class in most societies.

As for this being a good thing, I don't know man. People usually turn to drugs and alcohol because they're either depressed, suffer from anxiety or other mental health issues so they self-medicate, it this was more open perhaps they would be able to seek help. This is a symptom of a larger issue in society.
    You can only take the mental health argument so far. There comes a point where one is responsible for their own actions. I agree that a lot of these people have nothing better to do in their lives and lack any character or morals, but when youíre well off and young, that is honestly your own fault. Also, while some poor people are straight up drug addicts, usage among the poor really isnít that common
    Last edited by aliasad1998; 21st December 2020 at 11:23.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only take the mental health argument so far. There comes a point where one is responsible for their own actions. I agree that a lot of these people have nothing better to do in their lives and lack any character or morals, but when youíre well off and young, that is honestly your own fault. Also, while some poor people are straight up drug addicts, usage among the poor really isnít that common
    You never know the mental health issues like depression even young and wealthy people suffer from. You're touting the same conservative/Republican lines of "self responsibility" for something as endemic as mental illness and substance abuse.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How did the police allow the drunk woman to assault the police officers n then drive away from the scene with her friend?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    You never know the mental health issues like depression even young and wealthy people suffer from. You're touting the same conservative/Republican lines of "self responsibility" for something as endemic as mental illness and substance abuse.
    The difference between my thought process and the conservative thought process is that when there is an issue like mental health which like you said does affect people regardless of their wealth, it should be looked at and addressed. Obviously, there are problems and complications at play which can influence peopleís actions and often put them in a difficult place where they have no other choice. However, recently Iíve started leaning less and less left when it comes to the individuality vs collective debate. I believe that when it comes down to it, the individual does have a lot of power and responsibility and letting everyone off the hook just because they were unjustly treated or faced some kind of misfortune, is also wrong. This woman like many others who resort to drugs and alcohol, may have been suffering from depression. And while that might explain her actions, it does not justify them. I have very little sympathy for arrogant Pakistanis who mistreat those who are less wealthy or powerful than them or believe that it gives them a license to behave however they want.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    How did the police allow the drunk woman to assault the police officers n then drive away from the scene with her friend?
    Scared of the consequences. Crooked PK elite is above the law.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they are corrupt and not respected. Any ĎEliteí member of the society can slap them and drive away.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They were smart enough to realise someone might be filming it so took appropriate care I would think. That is one of the major advantages of social media, you can't deny what's on film. The drunk lady is probably also getting some backlash because of it.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between my thought process and the conservative thought process is that when there is an issue like mental health which like you said does affect people regardless of their wealth, it should be looked at and addressed. Obviously, there are problems and complications at play which can influence people’s actions and often put them in a difficult place where they have no other choice. However, recently I’ve started leaning less and less left when it comes to the individuality vs collective debate. I believe that when it comes down to it, the individual does have a lot of power and responsibility and letting everyone off the hook just because they were unjustly treated or faced some kind of misfortune, is also wrong. This woman like many others who resort to drugs and alcohol, may have been suffering from depression. And while that might explain her actions, it does not justify them. I have very little sympathy for arrogant Pakistanis who mistreat those who are less wealthy or powerful than them or believe that it gives them a license to behave however they want.
    Left's claim that a person has little to no self responsibility for their actions is as damaging as the right's claim that there is no societal responsibility for a person's problems. The truth lies somewhere in the middle as it almost always does.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, it is your opinion that all people who do drugs and alcohol automatically lead sad lives. Many people consume these things in moderation and still live healthy and fulfilling lives.

Secondly, how is that a good thing? The rich continue to have access to these things because they have money and connections. Meanwhile the poor have to literally risk life and limb, aswell as the prospect of ending up in jail, or in some cases their lives in general if they end up buying drugs or alcohol that are tainted.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Legalise Alcohol, Pakistan isn’t some holy land. Let the people drink, it’s their choice.
    When the state takes on the role of regulating morality things never end well for anyone.