Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What pitches should Pakistan prepare for the Tests against South Africa?

What type.putches do you think would give Pakistan the best advantage?

Personally, I think batting friendly wickets with some spin on it would be the best way to go. SA is awful against spin so some spin would be ideal but it shouldn't be a dustbowl as Pakistan can easily collapse on a dustbowl as well

Discuss!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who are you worried about, Maharaj? I say go for a complete dust bowl.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Who are you worried about, Maharaj? I say go for a complete dust bowl.
    The way our team failed against nobodies like Somerville and Ajaz Patel makes me not trust their batting vs spin.

However our batting is a little better now than it was at that time, especially if Saud plays the series.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sporting pitches. Help fast bowlers day 1-2, spinners day 4-5. Allow good batsmen to test their technique and post substantial totals.

Quality of cricket should be high - everyone deserves that - rather than flat batting pitches Pakistan usually offers.

Too early to allow crowds but I hope coverage is high quality - and not from PTV polaroids.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spin pitch and play nauman ali

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Similar pitches that we had against SL and BD earlier in the year. they were real good, allowed all players to excel if they were good enough.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Graveyards.

SA will fold on graveyards against spin and their Pace bowlers will not be so effective. Players like Shan Masood and Abid Ali will score a hundred each in the series

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Similar pitches that we had against SL and BD earlier in the year. they were real good, allowed all players to excel if they were good enough.
    I actually disagree.

I do want sporting pitches, but there should be a clear directive to give spinners more purchase than the seamers. We still have to play to our strengths and South Africa’s weaknesses.

Employ twin spinners like Yasir+Gohar or Zahid+Nauman on a good spinning pitch and we can win 2-0. It won’t be a complete dustbowl since fast bowlers in first class are doing decently in Karachi these days, and Rawalpindi always has good overhead conditions.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I actually disagree.

I do want sporting pitches, but there should be a clear directive to give spinners more purchase than the seamers. We still have to play to our strengths and South Africa’s weaknesses.

Employ twin spinners like Yasir+Gohar or Zahid+Nauman on a good spinning pitch and we can win 2-0. It won’t be a complete dustbowl since fast bowlers in first class are doing decently in Karachi these days, and Rawalpindi always has good overhead conditions.
    I suppose you're right. I don't see us trying out any new spinner though, they'll probably go with Yasir + Shadab.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Rank turner will work against PAK, because that’ll become a Toss dependent Test - PAK won’t win against Mahraj & Shamshi, if SAF bats first. Dead wicket will again go against PAK, because being host PAK should be favourites here and dead wicket will allow SAF get away with draws - we are not going to get 450 overs in PAK & even if somehow light permits any team under pressure will reduce over-rate to 12/hour so that umpires can call light after 80-81 overs in a day - no make-up time, in PAK winter.

Wicket must not have live green grass on it - in January- February PAK tracks, on live tracks, Rabada, Ngidi & Nortje will send PAK 72/6 at first lunch; but there should be enough deep rooted dry grass so that the game doesn’t convert to a hockey contest by third evening. And, it must have some cracks on it (basically high on clay, but dry), so that ball gets roughed up after hitting the edge of the cracks. SAF actually has a better batting line-up than PAK, therefore on batting shoot-outs, only one team can loose or it’ll end in a draw - wickets can’t be such that first innings ends at 500+ for both; PAK will blow one of the second innings in that case.

So, the best wicket should be exactly what India prepares for the tourists - lively tracks, on deep rooted brown grass with a bit of bounce & pace, but DRY & brittle - first three days good for batting, then it starts to crumble, but not such unplayable that even Markram or Babar starts to put it on spot & it turns squire, kicks from surface as well. Indian Test wickets are actually ideal for a balanced attack team like PAK - helps pacers and spinners in due course of 5 days & it doesn’t offer stiff bounce either for batsmen, ball comes on to bat and it spins.... and it often takes out Toss - the better team will win most times, regardless of batting first or second.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Sporting pitches. Help fast bowlers day 1-2, spinners day 4-5. Allow good batsmen to test their technique and post substantial totals.

Quality of cricket should be high - everyone deserves that - rather than flat batting pitches Pakistan usually offers.

Too early to allow crowds but I hope coverage is high quality - and not from PTV polaroids.
    I second that. We must offer entertaining cricket to our fans. Heck, I won't even mind losing! Quality is the most important fact.

Pakistan should offer a contest between bat/ball.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Depends if we want to win or not

To win, slow, low tracks that will suit a 2 spinner policy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post

Agreed. Will like seeing a balanced pitch that gives batsmen value for their shots and turns from Day 3.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prepare supporting pitches for the fast bowlers the batters and then the spinners must come in to the game by 4th day

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unlike the posters above who are ok with losing to South Africa, I don't want another home series defeat so we should try to prepare spin friendly tracks and play the likes of Sajid Khan, Nauman/Gohar and Yasir/Zahid Mehmood.

Problem is, Current Pakistani batsmen aren't great against spin so Maharaj can be a threat but we should remember that Rabada & co are way more dangerous.

Pakistan should try to win and improve the rankings. Simple.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Rank turner will work against PAK, because that’ll become a Toss dependent Test - PAK won’t win against Mahraj & Shamshi, if SAF bats first. Dead wicket will again go against PAK, because being host PAK should be favourites here and dead wicket will allow SAF get away with draws - we are not going to get 450 overs in PAK & even if somehow light permits any team under pressure will reduce over-rate to 12/hour so that umpires can call light after 80-81 overs in a day - no make-up time, in PAK winter.

Wicket must not have live green grass on it - in January- February PAK tracks, on live tracks, Rabada, Ngidi & Nortje will send PAK 72/6 at first lunch; but there should be enough deep rooted dry grass so that the game doesn’t convert to a hockey contest by third evening. And, it must have some cracks on it (basically high on clay, but dry), so that ball gets roughed up after hitting the edge of the cracks. SAF actually has a better batting line-up than PAK, therefore on batting shoot-outs, only one team can loose or it’ll end in a draw - wickets can’t be such that first innings ends at 500+ for both; PAK will blow one of the second innings in that case.

So, the best wicket should be exactly what India prepares for the tourists - lively tracks, on deep rooted brown grass with a bit of bounce & pace, but DRY & brittle - first three days good for batting, then it starts to crumble, but not such unplayable that even Markram or Babar starts to put it on spot & it turns squire, kicks from surface as well. Indian Test wickets are actually ideal for a balanced attack team like PAK - helps pacers and spinners in due course of 5 days & it doesn’t offer stiff bounce either for batsmen, ball comes on to bat and it spins.... and it often takes out Toss - the better team will win most times, regardless of batting first or second.
    I'm not sure about the bounce part. Indian test wickets have less bounce, on average, than even BD/SL/UAE and WI. There are some venues where you get a bit more bounce but there's not a whole lot and which is why someone like Rabada really struggled here imo. That said, the wickets are pacier than anywhere else in Asia and it skids on to the bat really nicely and allows good batting sides to score at 3.5 an over and run-scoring is not a chore like it was in the UAE. Skiddy bowlers who move the SG at a full length and target the stumps do well for the same reason I guess. Of course, once the tracks start crumbling from day 4, then we all know what happens.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    So the usual Pakistani obsession with “sporting pitches” has already started.

It is a home series, prepare wickets that will give Pakistan the best chance to win. No one cares about sporting pitches or balance between bat and ball.

As far as fan entertainment is concerned, fans will be entertained if we win. Winning is entertaining.

Pakistani fans are the only fans in the world who wouldn’t mind jeopardizing their own team’s chances in home matches as long as they are praised for preparing “sporting” pitches.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

It is a home series, prepare wickets that will give Pakistan the best chance to win. No one cares about sporting pitches or balance between bat and ball.

As far as fan entertainment is concerned, fans will be entertained if we win. Winning is entertaining.

Pakistani fans are the only fans in the world who wouldn’t mind jeopardizing their own team’s chances in home matches as long as they are praised for preparing “sporting” pitches.
    I actually agree. It's a blessing that we can play at home again, so make full use of the resources we have. This is what all teams do, they make pitches to favour their own sides.

I'd say make it support fast-bowlers for day 1 and day 2 and it becomes a paradise for spinners on days 3, 4, and 5.

I'd have Yasir Shah as one of the spinners, but I'd also prefer having a right-arm off-spinner, just to be able to spin it both ways.

Sporting pitches are what the ICC should be concerned with, not individual boards. We need to maximise any resource to make the odds greater in our favor. Whilst Maharaj is a good spinner, Shamsi has been poor in test matches, so it won't be a big problem.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    I actually agree. It's a blessing that we can play at home again, so make full use of the resources we have. This is what all teams do, they make pitches to favour their own sides.

I'd say make it support fast-bowlers for day 1 and day 2 and it becomes a paradise for spinners on days 3, 4, and 5.

I'd have Yasir Shah as one of the spinners, but I'd also prefer having a right-arm off-spinner, just to be able to spin it both ways.

Sporting pitches are what the ICC should be concerned with, not individual boards. We need to maximise any resource to make the odds greater in our favor. Whilst Maharaj is a good spinner, Shamsi has been poor in test matches, so it won't be a big problem.
    The foundation of a successful team is built through dominating at home. No successful team in history in any format was poor at home.

We need to prepare pitches that helps us dominate the likes of Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand at home.

In July 2014, Pakistan was whitewashed in Sri Lanka and found itself 5th or 6th in the rankings. However, by July 2016 when we toured England, we were in the top 3.

And the reason for that was that between October 2014 and November 2015, we played 8 home Tests against Australia, England and New Zealand and won 5, drew 2 and lost 1.

The quickest and least challenging method for climbing rankings is to beat higher ranked teams at home.

It is the least challenging method because playing at home gives you the opportunity to produce pitches that will give significant advantage to your team and hide their weaknesses to an extent.

But if Pakistan does this “sporting pitch” drama in order to win praise and adulation from other teams and allow the likes to South Africa, England, Australia, New Zealand etc. to come to Pakistan and win matches on “balanced” wickets, we can forget about climbing the rankings table.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Our spin options arent great. Yasir is a let down most of the time so are we really going to run through S.A batting with the poor quality spin options we have currently.

Wickets like we had for the SL and Bang series were pretty good and we need surfaces like that again.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So you have singled out just Pakistan fans.

Most fans including Pakistan fans think the same way and want to win.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The foundation of a successful team is built through dominating at home. No successful team in history in any format was poor at home.

We need to prepare pitches that helps us dominate the likes of Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand at home.

In July 2014, Pakistan was whitewashed in Sri Lanka and found itself 5th or 6th in the rankings. However, by July 2016 when we toured England, we were in the top 3.

And the reason for that was that between October 2014 and November 2015, we played 8 home Tests against Australia, England and New Zealand and won 5, drew 2 and lost 1.

The quickest and least challenging method for climbing rankings is to beat higher ranked teams at home.

It is the least challenging method because playing at home gives you the opportunity to produce pitches that will give significant advantage to your team and hide their weaknesses to an extent.

But if Pakistan does this “sporting pitch” drama in order to win praise and adulation from other teams and allow the likes to South Africa, England, Australia, New Zealand etc. to come to Pakistan and win matches on “balanced” wickets, we can forget about climbing the rankings table.
    Exactly, making sporting pitches is understandable if it is going to be a highly anticipated series between two equally contested and "big" teams. However, Pakistan is floating at a very poor standard in Test Cricket, and we need to win as much at home as we can in order to rise in the rankings.

No team on the planet makes "sporting" pitches in test cricket because why would anyone in their right mind try to give the other team a greater chance than they should.

South Africa has great fast-bowling resources, and their batsmen can dominate pace bowling. However, they are a relatively poor batting unit against spin, and it would be in our interest to exploit that weakness against them.

This argument of creating sporting pitches should be brought up in the ICC panel, not in these bilateral series, because if no other team if creating such "sporting pitches", it gives Pakistan no reason to do so as well. This mindset needs to change, as we are a team in desperate need of a few series wins to allow experimentation and growth of the team.

If that is to be done through preparing dust bowls, then so be it. It would be very unwise and pathetic of us not to use what we are given to our own advantage.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Our spin options arent great. Yasir is a let down most of the time so are we really going to run through S.A batting with the poor quality spin options we have currently.

Wickets like we had for the SL and Bang series were pretty good and we need surfaces like that again.
    Regardless of his recent performances overseas, Yasir will be a handful on a wearing day 4 and 5 pitch. Given a supporting pitch, he can be absolutely unplayable.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We cannot win against S Africa on a sporting or green pitch. Neither our batting or bowling are good enough to win against top teams. Make a pitch like road with 3 proper spinners we may win 1 match.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should prepare pitches as per their strengths not as per opposition weakness.

At this moment Pakistan spin department is average and good at Pace.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    Pakistan should prepare pitches as per their strengths not as per opposition weakness.

At this moment Pakistan spin department is average and good at Pace.
    Well, we need to look at both our strengths and weaknesses and our oppositions’ strengths and weaknesses.

We have some pretty good spinners lined up. Yasir might be struggling for form in SENA but he still does well on spin-friendly wickets and dominated in domestics this year. We also have an excellent upcoming left-arm spinner in Zafar Gohar. South Africa is not that good in terms of spin with Maharaj and Shamsi.

Meanwhile, our pace department is good but not as good as South Africa’s.

So in reality it is a very straightforward decision.

Also, separately, why do you think Pakistan’s spin department is average right now? Yasir has been in decline for some time but is still one of the best spinners in the world, and surely runs circles around anyone South Africa can field.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we need to look at both our strengths and weaknesses and our oppositions’ strengths and weaknesses.

We have some pretty good spinners lined up. Yasir might be struggling for form in SENA but he still does well on spin-friendly wickets and dominated in domestics this year. We also have an excellent upcoming left-arm spinner in Zafar Gohar. South Africa is not that good in terms of spin with Maharaj and Shamsi.

Meanwhile, our pace department is good but not as good as South Africa’s.

So in reality it is a very straightforward decision.

Also, separately, why do you think Pakistan’s spin department is average right now? Yasir has been in decline for some time but is still one of the best spinners in the world, and surely runs circles around anyone South Africa can field.
    Just my opinion, Yasir is the only world class spinner but not in good touch and of late pitches are not supporting much to spinners first 2-3 days.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I agree with producing pitches that take turn but how can folks demand dustbowls that turn square from Day 1 ?

Are Zaheer Abbas, Javed Miandad and Younis Khan still playing ?

This lot were shivering against Ajaz Patel and Will Somerville for god's sake so not sure they'd cope against Maharaj on such tracks.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keshav Maharaj is a quality bowler who can run through Pak's RHB filled middle order of Azhar, Babar, Shafiq and Rizwan.

Don't think Pak can roll out a sq turner against him and guys like Rabada and Nortje too will trouble their batters on such wickets. And ofcourse they shouldn't prepare a seem friendly wicket for obvious reasons.

So, their best bet is to prepare an Abu Dhabi type road which will take a bit of turn on 4th and 5th days.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of pitch suits pakistan cricket?

Now there are a few series being played in Pakistan. What kind of pitch should be prepared vs SA? We lose on swinging picthes as we have seen vs eng and NZ. We are losing in aus on bouncy pitches. We lose on turning picthes too. Should we make picthes flat, ask batsmen to make 450 plus and ask Yasir shah to get the Wickets? Or do you think any other kind would suit our play

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should be flat. At least we will have chance of draw.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dust bowl pitch. Our spinners might be only average, but our pacers are awful. We can beat the SENA teams with this type of pitch at home. As well as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and West Indies.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dust bowl

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Our spinners and fast bowlers are awful, I don't know what kind of wickets will good to take 20 wickets .

Toss is going to be very important.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do the pitches behave in Pakistan?

Rawalpindi---Aids Swing and fast bowlers?

Multan---Batting paradise due to hot weather. Sehwag got a triple hundred here

Karachi---spin?

Peshawar---?

Any pitch that is similar to SENA conditions in Pakistan?

@MMHS @Mamoon @Thunderbolt14???

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prepare slow low pitches which allow for attritional cricket and negate the likes of Rabada and Nortje. Maharaj should also be taken out of equation on these tracks. Yasir will do well here. Let’s make pitches where we can win and the team has a chance!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Prep spin tracks and play all three spinners. Yasir , Nauman and sajid.
    Let Hassan Ali and Tabish Khan play give shaheen shah rest.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should prepare flat pitches and go for draw.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sporting pitch?

Part of me wants Rabada and Co. to actually feel what Lillee meant when he said he should be buried under the pitch upon his passing, despite us not playing at that venue on this occasion.

As long as we can prise 20 wickets somehow and win the game, I do not care about being ‘sporting’ in the slightest. Just win.

There is nothing other than wins that can cure the extended ‘hangover’ PCT has been suffering. And calling it a mere hangover is being polite.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I agree with producing pitches that take turn but how can folks demand dustbowls that turn square from Day 1 ?

Are Zaheer Abbas, Javed Miandad and Younis Khan still playing ?

This lot were shivering against Ajaz Patel and Will Somerville for god's sake so not sure they'd cope against Maharaj on such tracks.
    Exactly, what dust bowl? Our premier batsman is not the same when it comes to picking variations out of the spinners’ hands.

We have seen Kuldeep happen to him twice now. Doesn’t matter if his defensive ‘waft’ was a tad casual during his second dismissal. The first one was even better is a strange sense because Kuldeep made him commit and Babar had no clue what had transpired.

At any rate, I hope Babar has improved leaps and bounds since then.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    How do the pitches behave in Pakistan?

Rawalpindi---Aids Swing and fast bowlers?

Multan---Batting paradise due to hot weather. Sehwag got a triple hundred here

Karachi---spin?

Peshawar---?

Any pitch that is similar to SENA conditions in Pakistan?

@MMHS @Mamoon @Thunderbolt14???
    Karachi is a batting paradise, with a little bit of help for spinners. It also used to begin reverse swinging in the late afternoon and evening.

It depends on the pitch curators, but I believe a turning track will be prepared for this South Africa series.

Rawalpindi conditions are the only ones that are “similar” to SENA due to overcast conditions.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Pakistan should prepare flat pitches and go for draw.
    Not many draws about these days! Anticipating a draw is pretty much a thing of the past now.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Anything other than a spinning pitch would be completely stupid!

Pak need to win the series and that is the best chance.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    What type.putches do you think would give Pakistan the best advantage?

Personally, I think batting friendly wickets with some spin on it would be the best way to go. SA is awful against spin so some spin would be ideal but it shouldn't be a dustbowl as Pakistan can easily collapse on a dustbowl as well

Discuss!
    just do batting so babar can score a century and we loose the match conceding 800/2d runs in the second innings

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bold of you to assume we have a chance to win with any type of pitch, must i say.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esfahani View Post
    bold of you to assume we have a chance to win with any type of pitch, must i say.
    If Pakistan bats first on a turning wicket it will have a very solid chance of winning. Yasir is world class in Asian conditions and South African batsmen will find it very difficult to cope with him.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan bats first on a turning wicket it will have a very solid chance of winning. Yasir is world class in Asian conditions and South African batsmen will find it very difficult to cope with him.
    id be more confident if we were playing some home track G spinner like Sajid Khan who bowls on Pakistani conditions day and night... Yasir is indeed first class, but largely untested on our home grounds in Tests... average 44.67 with the ball (only 2 played but still)

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Any wicket will do tbh. I expect us to be 90/6 on at least two occasions, regular totals will be around 156. We will cross 200 once (220 max total) if we're lucky. This is where we are atm, we're not ready to compete anywhere against serious sides. This thread is a farce really, should walk all over this South African side. Hopefully one of our bowlers has a breakthrough tour. To have a rubbish batting unit I can sort of understand, but not to have one bowler who can perform in all conditions? That I can not take, we've always been a bowling country.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7-step simple formula for Pakistan to win tests against SA:

1: Prepare dust bowl; get best 3 spinners, each 7+ ft tall with natural bent action like a Muralidharan so they can’t be accused of chucking.

2: Use 6 teenagers in every match - full of energy and potential GOATs. SA team will not know what’s coming.

3: Suddenly announce on the second day that SA team has to be in Quarantine and isolated. Tell them not to to come out of room or use elevators.For Drinks they can have Rooh-afza

4: Ask Sindh CM to announce that SA team can go away if they want to. People’s life is more important than cricket.

5: Wake every SA player twice a day at 1am and 4 AM for covid 19 testing. Make sure one of them comes positive and other one negative every night

6: Pray that Babar hits a double century in both innings of every match.

7: Ensure that everyone in the team does 50 synchronised push-ups in the ground during lunch and tea every day.

That’s it.

It’s pretty zimple actually. Just ensure that no step is missed else the spell won’t work.
    Last edited by Babbar; 25th January 2021 at 17:49.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Any wicket will do tbh. I expect us to be 90/6 on at least two occasions, regular totals will be around 156. We will cross 200 once (220 max total) if we're lucky. This is where we are atm, we're not ready to compete anywhere against serious sides. This thread is a farce really, should walk all over this South African side. Hopefully one of our bowlers has a breakthrough tour. To have a rubbish batting unit I can sort of understand, but not to have one bowler who can perform in all conditions? That I can not take, we've always been a bowling country.
    Wow, you have such low expectations for this series. This Protea side might surprise you.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spin friendly pitch. Low bounce, lots of turn.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The NSK pitch for first Test:

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs