Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

“Looking at Misbah’s coaching, I don’t think even a school will give him a job" : Aaqib Javed

Former Pakistan pacer Aaqib Javed, who is currently the head coach of PSL franchise Lahore Qalandars, is of the opinion that Misbahul Haq isn’t suitable for the head coach role of the Men in Green.

While speaking to reporters in Lahore, Javed said that even a school team won’t give Misbah the responsibility of coaching the side.

“Waqar Younis and Misbahul Haq had no coaching experience but they were still given the roles with the national side. People who took this decision should be held accountable,” said Javed, who was part of Pakistan’s 1992 World Cup winning side.

“Looking at Misbah’s coaching, I don’t think even a school will give him this job,” he added. “Professional coaches should be with the team, only then the situation will improve.”

He also brushed aside the notion that he wants to join the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s coaching setup.

“I will never coach the Pakistan team because there is lack of respect for individuals in the current PCB system,” he said.

He also urged PCB to take serious action for the betterment of the country’s cricket, sooner rather than later.

“Wasim Khan and company don’t take into account the ground realties, which is why there are many administrative issues within the PCB,” he said.

“If the board does not take steps for the betterment of Pakistan cricket, our cricket will suffer the same fate as hockey,” he added.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...tan-team-javed

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit rich coming from Aaqib Javed of all people isn't it?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah isn't the one on the field dropping catches.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    And Shoaib Akhtar joins in the fun too:

"Whenever Pakistan will play Test cricket, they will be exposed. They are playing school-level cricket and the management has made them school-level cricketers. And now they are again thinking to change the management but when will you change?"

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s not wrong. We do look like school leveled team playing a professional team.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    “Ultra chor kotwaal ko daantain”

“Pot calling the kettle black”

Any other muhawray or phrases which may apply here?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    My biggest concern about Misbah being given the sole of Head Coach is and was that he does not have the coaching experience or qualifications to take on such a big job at this stage of his career.

PCB should have made him U19 coach or a domestic team coach first and then monitored how he performed in the role.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem Misbah nahi team hai....

People kicking a person who is down and a easy target

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    My biggest concern about Misbah being given the sole of Head Coach is and was that he does not have the coaching experience or qualifications to take on such a big job at this stage of his career.

PCB should have made him U19 coach or a domestic team coach first and then monitored how he performed in the role.
    For goodness sake!!!
    He would produce an army of tuk tukkers for us.

ANY type of coaching at ANY level, is a job where Misbah should be kept 100 miles away.

Probably he can come a selector if he promises not to recommend his friends, that he often does, otherwise, no other board in the world would give him any job, not even chai wala position.

May

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post

Bhai, wo promise kia hai ... "mujhay itna paisa dow, and I will fix it all.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1503538

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely a concern. We were critical of Mickey but even he worked his way up through domestics and understood the art of motivation as well as modern coaching methods. Coaches these days also need to understand aspects of psychology, how to engage with certain players, video review, analytics, game plans, etc. I honestly don't know how much of this Misbah truly understands. As for Waqar, he is a tried and tested failure as a coach.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    For goodness sake!!!
    He would produce an army of tuk tukkers for us.

ANY type of coaching at ANY level, is a job where Misbah should be kept 100 miles away.

Probably he can come a selector if he promises not to recommend his friends, that he often does, otherwise, no other board in the world would give him any job, not even chai wala position.

May
    Well it would have been an opportunity for the PCB to assess his credentials as a coach, rather than just giving him the top job which is what they have done.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t tell me Aqib Javed is in the job review committee for the head coach of Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah rode the wave of his test captaincy success and therefore PCB thought it was a no-brainer to appoint him judge, jury and executioner. Turns out it was a massive lapse in judgement and the hiring process did not seem competitive. I recall the PCB saying there weren't that many foreign candidates who applied and I wonder why this is the case. Salary may be one part of it, reputation another.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Don’t tell me Aqib Javed is in the job review committee for the head coach of Pakistan
    No. He is next in line for the job

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Since his appointment at the dual role.. he has selected the team, changed captains and he has coached them.. When he was given the role , it was said he is solely responsible and accountable for the team selections and performance...

When his selected team is losing he changed the captain, and now again the team is losing who he will change...

Better to realise and accept that he is inexperienced man for the job and resign or be removed..

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No. He is next in line for the job
    Sohail Akhtar Test captain of Pakistan.Rauf,Dilbar and Shaheen Pace trio v South Africa at home. Salman Butt out of retirement to fix our opening issues with Fakhar Zaman

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game plan, tactics, strategies etc. under him have been pretty ordinary rather embarrassing to say the least as the performances of last 1.5 years or so have shown which is a direct result of no experience and any proven track record.

While he is not the only reason that Pak is not a world beater team but, Pak is definitely under performing in comparison to even its own standard. Current Pak team cant afford to mess up even the appointments of team management as well as mishandling of the overall resources.
    Last edited by Titan24; 5th January 2021 at 23:41.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Considering what he has to show for himself now, i will banish him from any role in Pakistan Cricket for a long time

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Game plan, tactics, strategies etc. under him have been pretty ordinary rather embarrassing to say the least as the performances of last 1.5 years or show have shown which is a direct result of no experience and any proven track record.

While he is not the only reason that Pak is not a world beater team but, Pak is definitely under performing in comparison to even its own standard. Current Pak team cant afford to mess up even the appointments of team management as well as mishandling of the overall resources.
    You are a good, sensible poster without any bias or agenda.

Can you please explain to me Rizwan’s airplane mode captaincy tactics?

1. New Ball opening spells of Abbas and Shaheen.
    +Abbas clearly ineffective due to a lack of pace and batsmen playing him outside of the crease
    +second new ball and repeated trust on Abbas who is clearly impotent.

2. Two bowlers to change at both end instead of one bowler to change.
    -two new bowlers to find rhythm and consistency enabling batsmen to cut loose on pressure built by impotent new ball bowlers.
    -Naseem clearly a spray gun low on confidence, but continuously trying to bring him in with the same strategy again and again knowing that it isn’t working?

3. Extremely casual with his bowlers on no balls and seemingly quite on fielders repeatedly dropping catches? Are they here to represent their country or on a national paid holiday to play cricket in White cloathes and a green cal which they can also give to the crowd if they like?

Is this poor attitude and a lack of creativity seeping in from the boss Misbah? Or is it just Rizwan doing his usual, believing and God and hoping for the best results?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well it would have been an opportunity for the PCB to assess his credentials as a coach, rather than just giving him the top job which is what they have done.
    Media is reporting that the PCB is in talks with Gary Kirsten and Andy Flower to take over. I hope this is true, the PCB didn't waste time under the pretext of "Lets give Azhar time under the end of his tenure to determine whether he should remain captain or not", he was not up to the mark and the PCB promptly took action and removed him immediately.

Similarly the PCB already took the CS role from Misbah immediately after a year and it now appears they will not wait till 2022 before assessing his tenure, they are well within in their rights to part ways in between.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't be naive yaar, who gets fired if sports team is not performing? Yeah - you guessed it its the "coach".

However, I know opposing fans don't want Misbah to be fired for obvious reasons.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Media is reporting that the PCB is in talks with Gary Kirsten and Andy Flower to take over. I hope this is true, the PCB didn't waste time under the pretext of "Lets give Azhar time under the end of his tenure to determine whether he should remain captain or not", he was not up to the mark and the PCB promptly took action and removed him immediately.

Similarly the PCB already took the CS role from Misbah immediately after a year and it now appears they will not wait till 2022 before assessing his tenure, they are well within in their rights to part ways in between.
    Bro don’t get my hopes up.

We will dream of G Kirsten but we will end up with Aqib Javed

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I mean Aqib Javed is as average as they come as well, he might be lining himself up. Thanks but no thanks, we don't need another average coach to further ruin our already poor team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offstump View Post
    I think Misbah rode the wave of his test captaincy success and therefore PCB thought it was a no-brainer to appoint him judge, jury and executioner. Turns out it was a massive lapse in judgement and the hiring process did not seem competitive. I recall the PCB saying there weren't that many foreign candidates who applied and I wonder why this is the case. Salary may be one part of it, reputation another.
    Misbah's 4 day number 1 test rankings were brutally exposed on disasterous tours of NZ and Australia in 2016/17. Australians are known to be very blunt who don't believe in the emotional hogwash that we desi's do i.e. Misbah led the side with honour, respect, dignity, Ian Chappell bluntly called Misbah's captaincy as the worst ever he had seen on Australian soil and if Pakistan keeps playing this kind of cricket in Australia then they should not be invited to Australia ever again. When he was told about Shahryar Khan's statement i.e. the PCB will leave it to Misbah to decide when he will retire, Chappell bluntly said that is the most riddiculous thing he had ever heard in his life and that it is the board, the selectors who decide whether a player is good enough to play for their country or not and that the player should have no say on this.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post

Anyone of them 2 will do. Get this shameless person out.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bro don’t get my hopes up.

We will dream of G Kirsten but we will end up with Aqib Javed
    Kirsten is known to be a big family man and not known to travel well far away from them. He accepted the BCCI job because of the $1 million plus salary and perks and even then he refused an extension at the end because he wanted to spend time with his family. Even South Africa was unable to retain his services for long because of family reasons.

The PCB will have to empty the bank to recruit him and give him plenty of powers, free hand. I would like the PCB to perhaps reach out to Steve Rixon, apologize to him, give him a much higher pay package and all the facilities he needs

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Says the guy who is very much a bad luck charm everywhere he goes.

Shoaib Akhtar lacks brain. He even fell out with Woolmer who was one of the gentlest of people. Paying attention to Shoaib is like giving beggars the money.

Misbah shouldn't have been made head coach of Pak so soon. When he had been in talks with IU, he should have just gone there instead of taking up the job of the senior side in addition to the Chief Selector as well.

I wish he can go and coach some club or grade II team in UK, Aus or NZ or an FC team in Pakistan first all the while acquiring all the qualifications possible.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

+Abbas clearly ineffective due to a lack of pace and batsmen playing him outside of the crease

-two new bowlers to find rhythm and consistency enabling batsmen to cut loose on pressure built by impotent new ball bowlers.
    -Naseem clearly a spray gun low on confidence, but continuously trying to bring him in with the same strategy again and again knowing that it isn’t working?

3. Extremely casual with his bowlers on no balls and seemingly quite on fielders repeatedly dropping catches? Are they here to represent their country or on a national paid holiday to play cricket in White cloathes and a green cal which they can also give to the crowd if they like?

Is this poor attitude and a lack of creativity seeping in from the boss Misbah? Or is it just Rizwan doing his usual, believing and God and hoping for the best results?
    Who else if Rizwan didn't go for Abbas with the second new ball? Naseem Shah or Fahim would have been even more toothless.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope he has burned down that opportunity for good whilst saying I will never work for PCB.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    I hope he has burned down that opportunity for good whilst saying I will never work for PCB.
    Bro the PCB and WWE are the same

As sting once said...”Never say never in this business”

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    How many wickets has Abbas taken in the first spell of his innings since Australia? Or with the Second new ball? If it’s not working, what is the captain/captains trying to do to fix the issue?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many wickets has Abbas taken in the first spell of his innings since Australia? Or with the Second new ball? If it’s not working, what is the captain/captains trying to do to fix the issue?
    Maybe it's just the end of the road for Abbas. Although he was decent in England, he has looked geriatric here.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bro the PCB and WWE are the same

As sting once said...”Never say never in this business”
    Doesn't every one in WWE say never say never every few days.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    When Aqib Javed is telling you your coaching is bad...

Look you could argue PCB felt Misbah, despite zero coaching experience, being a fairly successful Test captain could transfer his skills to coaching. I disagree with that logic, but okay.

Where there's no excuse is rehiring four times failed coach Waqar Younis. One look at his CV and you'd see two bowling coach stints (2006/07 and 2009/10), and two head coach stints (2010/11 and 2014/16) go down in flames.

Forget cricket, seriously guys imagine walking into ANY job interview. The interview asks about your employment history. Don't you think failing four times in a similar role is a red flag ?! Also, wouldn't they ask what've you learned from each of those failed stints - have you done any courses, have you attempted finding roles elsewhere etc ?!

But Waqar went straight back to the commentary box before being rehired for a fifth time.
    Last edited by Markhor; 6th January 2021 at 00:29.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not that this helps in anyway given the current predicament but i would have misbah as a coach any day over shastari!

in addition, there is great deal of romanticisation of the past. the great pakistan team of the nineties lost around 15 straight odis to s.a. in the same period, pak team was schooled by zimbabwe at home and lost two home series vs sri lanka. in one of these series, waqar younis dropped a sitter when sri lanka was eight down and the tail then wagged to win the match and the series. and speaking of dropped catches and fielding mishaps, here are painful ones from top of my head:

1. saqlain missing a simple runout chance against w.i. in a run chase when w.i. was in the tail which then wagged and cost pakistan the first series win. umpiring further screwed pakistan. p

2. razzak dropping tendulkar in 2003 w.c.

3. yk dropping grant eliot in champions trophy in south africa

4. drop of shane watson by (rahat?) in the 2015 wc.

5. kamran akmal's kurtooth in sydney. his drop off ross taylor in india w.c. the fact that akmal represented pak as long as he did is a good indication of how poorly pak cricket has been run for most of its existence.

all teams drop catches but very few teams do it as frequently as pakistan does especially of key opposition players. pakistan team of the nineties was no better in this regard. the era is remembered so fondly because of the phaintee inflicted on a very decent indian team and a very poor english team which included likes of ronni irani and mark ealham. against australia, pak lost a test series at home in 1998 along with two home odi series in 1994 and 1998. the 1998 odi series was simply uncompetitive with australia hammering pak 3-0. for those who saw the series live, difference between fielding and fitness standards between the two teams was simply embarrassing from perspective of pak supporters. the other reason for pak underperformance was team infighting due to egos of players who were highly talented. thankfully this is one problem which pak team seems to have overcome for which misbah derserves credit.

i have been a fan of misbah for the role he played in digging out pak cricket from its lowest point in the aftermath of 2010 scandal. misbah had been kept out of pak cricket purely for politics. the fact that he harboured no ill-will and turned pakistan to a fairly strong unit is a credit to him. from the period when pak chased 300 in two sessions against s.l. to england tour of 2016 was a respectable period for pak cricket. but things started to go south from the last tour of n.z when yk was beyond sell-by date and misbah was also reaching the end of his tenure. that was time to develop bench strength and involve players like fawad alam and sami aslam - players who possessed unspectacular playing styles but solid temperament. i believe this mistake is haunting misbah himself in his coaching career.

i also believe it was a mistake to hand sarfaraz captaincy of three format which put too much burden on him and impacted his batting which was a key reason for pak success in that period. captaining pak while keeping wickets and contributing with the bat in 3 formats would be a tall task for anybody and its not surprising to see his contribution declined with the bat. azhar ali was a better choice for test captain in my opinion and to his credit azhar has never made a fuss when he was made to participate in the game of musical chair captaincy. his behaviour looks much better than that of yk in this respect.

pak supporters also have to keep in mind that in addition to poor fielding pak is also losing due to absence of babar azam who incidently had a horrible series against sl in uae when pak lost two matches while chasing low scores. yet thankfully pak stood by babar. other players of potential should be treated no differently.

i dont like the way misbah was appointed coach but given his history, i am willing to give him benefit of doubt. hopefully new selector will provide wise council. ultimately this is a result driven business and things have to turn around. but misbah deserves some leeway to see if he can deliver.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Aaqib Javed the man to single handedly ruin the bowling actions of half a dozen players, is correct in what he’s saying.

Whoever is hiring the coaching staff does not respect Pakistan cricket because a) you’re hiring someone who has zero experience in coaching a National team (Misbah) and b) hiring someone who has repeatedly failed in a coaching capacity (Waqar)

It is time to bring on the heavy artillery, someone who will use the power of the danda- Intikhab Alan.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    “Ultra chor kotwaal ko daantain”

“Pot calling the kettle black”

Any other muhawray or phrases which may apply here?
    "He is right"

Not a muhawra though. Hate to agree with this serial action changer but he is not wrong here.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

THIS what you've said can easily be given a thought by a common man but who is running the management in PCB....!!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzy_123 View Post
    THIS what you've said can easily be given a thought by a common man but who is running the management in PCB....!!
    But what if misbah ruined the u19 crop too. Future bhi barbaad hojayega. Misbah's touch is like anti-Midas. Whatever he touches turns to rubbish.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate the kind words.

I believe Rizwan naturally got overwhelmed by getting captaincy of the test team which came to him pretty unexpectedly. He did well to focus on his game while he was batting and taking extra responsibility but, he definitely struggled while captaining the side on the field. His struggles in the thought process were visible even when he dropped a pretty simple catch as he is pretty good keeper.

Problems naturally got exaggerated when he didnt have people in the management who can give him any sort of plans, tactics or guidance suitable for playing international cricket against a top test team. Team on the filed looked too mechanical and without much of the box thinking.

1) Your first point that he didnt come upto Abbas is pretty valid, it obviously was pretty surprising especially considering even after the first session of the first test where NZ's plan was pretty visible they didnt change anything throughout the series. I believe he should have understood NZ's plan and come upto the stumps.

After Abbas’ lack of penetration with the new ball, he could have tried someone else but Abbas would have been even less potent with older ball.

2) Regarding second point when two bowlers start the spell at the same time, they mostly bowled he the spell at similar time other than maybe difference of an over or two except when someone is taken out of the attack due to poor bowling as pacers need rest after 5-7 overs spell. Yes someone like Abbas could have bowled an over or two more but, nothing more than that.

Regarding Naseem he should have communicated with him better regarding plans especially after when he was clearly struggling but, then again it was all pretty new for Rizwan.

3) I dont think Rizwan could have done much about the dropped catches and showing too many emotions towards fielders would have demotivated the team as a whole further. However, he definitely could have been more interactive with the overall team and bowlers to create a positive environment.

Rizwan struggled with his leadership but, as said it was completely new role for him which cane at an unexpected point and that too at such a level so he can be given bit of levy. However, when it comes to team management’s lack of support, guidance and game plan there is no excuse as we have seen similar lack of direction under other captains too in last year and a half.
    Last edited by Titan24; 6th January 2021 at 01:09.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometime you have to admit that you made a mistake. I am not that angry at Misbah why wouldn’t you take Coaching role and big paycheque.

Those who hired him should be responsible for this chaos. We fans are not overacting, its there for the world to see that we have become a laughing stock right now.

Its time to hire a professional coach, who knows how to find the talent and how to groom them.

Andy Flower and Gary Kirsten could be a good choice and need professionals to do the job despite being short of talent.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Former Pakistan pacer Aaqib Javed, who is currently the head coach of PSL franchise Lahore Qalandars, is of the opinion that Misbahul Haq isn’t suitable for the head coach role of the Men in Green.

While speaking to reporters in Lahore, Javed said that even a school team won’t give Misbah the responsibility of coaching the side.

“Waqar Younis and Misbahul Haq had no coaching experience but they were still given the roles with the national side. People who took this decision should be held accountable,” said Javed, who was part of Pakistan’s 1992 World Cup winning side.

“Looking at Misbah’s coaching, I don’t think even a school will give him this job,” he added. “Professional coaches should be with the team, only then the situation will improve.”

He also brushed aside the notion that he wants to join the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s coaching setup.

“I will never coach the Pakistan team because there is lack of respect for individuals in the current PCB system,” he said.

He also urged PCB to take serious action for the betterment of the country’s cricket, sooner rather than later.

“Wasim Khan and company don’t take into account the ground realties, which is why there are many administrative issues within the PCB,” he said.

“If the board does not take steps for the betterment of Pakistan cricket, our cricket will suffer the same fate as hockey,” he added.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...tan-team-javed
    Misbah can apply for a job with any other board, and they won't hire him even at a Jr. School level coaching position.

And if Waqar's coaching could make an iota of improvement to pace bowlers, Australia would've jumped on the opportunity and had hired him in a heartbeat. It's a very simple basic logic.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aqib is the last person I would hire, completely useless.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being a well educated and sensible person it should have come from him. He should have done coaching for at least 2 years at domestic levels with higher certification level 3 and 4 from UK and australia. Then gradually under 19 followed by Pakistan A and finally Pakistan.
    He rushed into things and now will vanish as nobody. Very unfortunate just like we loose players by pushing them into intl level too soon without playing domestic cricket for couple of years. Exactly same scenario.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defend him then please bhai.

Name some successes he's had as coach and let's compare it to the failures.

Mickey was far from perfect but he was certainly able to show some tangible success after his time in charge. What can Misbah show us that he's done?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm View Post
    Being a well educated and sensible person it should have come from him. He should have done coaching for at least 2 years at domestic levels with higher certification level 3 and 4 from UK and australia. Then gradually under 19 followed by Pakistan A and finally Pakistan.
    He rushed into things and now will vanish as nobody. Very unfortunate just like we loose players by pushing them into intl level too soon without playing domestic cricket for couple of years. Exactly same scenario.
    Well most people if they are offered the top job at the drop of a hat and without having to progress up the ladder will gladly accept it.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I cannot imagine many cricket boards around the world giving the job of head coach to anyone with no qualifications and no experience of coaching properly in domestic cricket or at any junior level, in fact not even at club level.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is that ke iss daldal mein kon haath dala ga. rashid latif aur shoaib bus bakwaas kar sakta hain, lakin koi himmat nahi karta. I must say this Misbah is a brave man to take Pakistani coaching job.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I cannot imagine many cricket boards around the world giving the job of head coach to anyone with no qualifications and no experience of coaching properly in domestic cricket or at any junior level, in fact not even at club level.
    Ravi Shastri lol

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Question is that ke iss daldal mein kon haath dala ga. rashid latif aur shoaib bus bakwaas kar sakta hain, lakin koi himmat nahi karta. I must say this Misbah is a brave man to take Pakistani coaching job.
    Well there are plenty of armchair experts amongst the former players, who have plenty to say but would not go anywhere near the role of Head Coach due to the pressure and the level of scrutiny.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    "He is right"

Not a muhawra though. Hate to agree with this serial action changer but he is not wrong here.
    He is right but he should be the last one saying this

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He is right but he should be the last one saying this
    Atleast he has worked as a full time coach for the last 20 years, and has undertaken assignments at lower levels including at academy level, as well as by coaching associate teams.

In contrast, what has Waqar done?

Kept on failing as a bowling coach over and over again, and then each time his role ended, just sat in the commentary box.

Therefore, irrespective of how much badmouthing you do for him actually saving Anwar Ali from back injuries, his opinion carries weight here because of his extensive field of work.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At least you won't get beizzati of international level and you can sack him easily.. International team becomes a mockery if you hire a coach by firing a professional coach like Mickey Arthur..

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree with his comments - They have become a school level team. Selection, coaching and implementation are all lacking in this outfit. We are by far the worst international fielding side, our batting is barely of international standard and Waqar has managed to convert a once fearsome attack into a bunch of benign trundlers.
    Problem arises at the top from Wasim Khan and Co who need to be shown the door. Imran Khan needs to wake up!!! he has turned a blind eye to cricket for too long, however he must now intervene before we become a complete laughing stock.
    Not sure how they can justify recruiting a head coach with no previous experience - does not happen in any other international side!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they gave him 4 roles

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can a player who had terrible game awareness and was so far behind the times suddenly become a good coach?

Anyone who has even a little understanding of the game would've known that Misbah would become a terrible coach, just like he was a terrible LOI player.

This is on Mani and Wasim.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t want misbah near the team but Aqib would be an even bigger disaster

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So basically

Aqib Javed is the NWO faction that includes Mohammad Yousuf. These guys hate Misbah. He has taken everything away from them. He has destroyed their souls

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Well most people if they are offered the top job at the drop of a hat and without having to progress up the ladder will gladly accept it.
    It's funny that you should say that.

I'm the Clinical Director of a fairly large hospital service. The service is full of junior doctors and related staff, who often think that they could do the job much better.

I've done this job for 15 years now, while colleagues have come and gone in other equivalent positions.

Everyone wants the big jobs, but people often fail to understand that you need to be qualified and competent to do them well and survive.

Perhaps the best way to put it is like this.

I wanted Shan Masood to be short-term stopgap Captain of Pakistan from 2021-23. I knew he was deeply marginal in terms of being qualified to be in the Test team, and it looks as if I have been proven WRONG.

But Shan Masood has better credentials to be the Test Captain than Misbah has to be Head Coach.

It was always going to end in tears when Pakistan appointed as Supremo a man like Misbah whose tactical acumen and selection bias had already been exposed internationally when he was the skipper. The Ian Chappell comments are highly significant, because he had no reason to have an axe to grind against Misbah, he just saw in 2016-17:

1. Terrible field placements.
    2. Terrible team selections, with an aged but mediocre team.
    3. That Misbah was given a Blank Cheque as permanent skipper even though he was failing catastrophically as a batsman.

The selections of Sohail Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq in Australia in 2016-17, combined with the field placements given to Yasir Shah, were how Ian Chappell realised that Misbah was grossly incompetent and also - and more importantly - completely indifferent to merit-based selection.

Nothing has changed.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As anybody heard from Javed miandad yet , unusual for him not to be vocal

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look bottom line misbah and Waqar’s Younis need to go!

Misbah means well but is way of his depth.

Waqar has failed at every pcb appointed postion and I can’t think of a single bowler that has really improved with him the squad .

Finally for the love of god pick a test bowling line up for test matches

Abbas
    Sheen
    Shah

All need to go learn there craft in domestic cricket

Test matches is nowhere to learn your trade, it’s the pinnacle of Cricket !

The workd of cricket is moving forward while we can’t even get a capable medical stafff.

I have been a Pakistan fan for over 30 years and this is the worst Pakistan bowling attack I can remember.

I accepted we would not make massive scores but our belief would give us a chance in every game , this bowling attack is probably in top 3 worst attacks in the world

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes its rich coming from him out of all people, but it is factually correct.

-Did Misbah have any International coaching experience prior to taking Pakistan's premier coaching role?
    -What credentials did Misbah bring to the selectors role?
    -Worst part - Misbah applied for the role after getting confirmation that he will be appointed i.e. embarrassing the equal opportunity/merit system to no end.
    -Why has the selector role being taken away from Misbah now? On what grounds?

When your policies are gutter level, every tom and d**k wants a pie. Can't stop overseas nationals from also swimming in it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Well there are plenty of armchair experts amongst the former players, who have plenty to say but would not go anywhere near the role of Head Coach due to the pressure and the level of scrutiny.
    Also seems the loudest you shout, the better a chance of getting a job at the PCB.

By the way - My theory fails in Misbah's case!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waqar find a way to get job again and again

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzy_123 View Post
    At least you won't get beizzati of international level and you can sack him easily.. International team becomes a mockery if you hire a coach by firing a professional coach like Mickey Arthur..
    Mickey is also worst

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is too much of a trash talk about ex captain and current coach. It seems a few people cannot live without sensationalism.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    damn you salman butt

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    WK pointed out to this issue in a recent zoom call with a few fans in the US and Canada, it's on YouTube and he mentioned that a lot of ex players talk big in the media about cricketing issues but when the time comes for them to put their money where their mouth is when the PCB comes to them with a serious sincere intention to work with them, they retreat because of the fear of the pressure, scrutiny and the fact they will be expected to finally walk the talk.

He specially targeted Rashid Latif where he revealed that the PCB had been in talks with him for the CS role for a long time and a contract had been drafted ready for signature but Latif backed out at the last minute

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched this interview on YouTube and I sensed pure evil and negativity in Aaqib.

He was promoting PSL as the only thing that has saved Pakistan cricket and all his chamchas were laughing and giggling while he was badmouthing Misbah and Waqar in public.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Change for the sake of change"

Well that worked out well for us didnt it.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I will love to see the reactions of our players if Andy Flower is appointed coach

He's the hardest of all taskmasters if anyone's watched The Edge. Makes Mickey Arthur look a walk in the park in comparison.

Haris Sohail will be done and dusted for starters with his 10 cigs a day and allow gym work mentality.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I will love to see the reactions of our players if Andy Flower is appointed coach

He's the hardest of all taskmasters if anyone's watched The Edge. Makes Mickey Arthur look a walk in the park in comparison.

Haris Sohail will be done and dusted for starters with his 10 cigs a day and allow gym work mentality.
    He will make Shan Masood captain. Specialist captain to relay data.

I will take that over Autopilot mode captain Rizwan and Bheegi Billi Babar.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    He will make Shan Masood captain. Specialist captain to relay data.

I will take that over Autopilot mode captain Rizwan and Bheegi Billi Babar.
    These unfit losers will pee their frickin' pants. But Andy Flower's the best option available - his brother Grant can give him plenty of inside information so he won't come unprepared.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These unfit losers will pee their frickin' pants. But Andy Flower's the best option available - his brother Grant can give him plenty of inside information so he won't come unprepared.
    Flower and Younis khan combo is a recipe for disaster

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly i think the way we corruptly ditched Mickey will put off any top foreign coach from coming here and taking the job seriously.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant's already told him too much about them that he won't even bother to come in the first place.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Completely agree Saj bhai. What’s this obsession with allowing players and coaches to learn on the job, rather than hiring the most qualified professional available?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Don't be naive yaar, who gets fired if sports team is not performing? Yeah - you guessed it its the "coach".

However, I know opposing fans don't want Misbah to be fired for obvious reasons.
    He is an average coach, one can see that but will the fortunes change by changing him...

The problem is the team, they are just not there mentally or skill wise...

P. S. As a Indian, I think our coach is no better than Misbah, we have however a very good one for under 19....

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this happens, I wont be surprised if quite a few current players are shown the door. Any successful coach wants to create a certain culture and environment within the team as well as dressing room, I dont think many of these players will fit into what Andy would have in mind.