User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

'No makeup, tight jeans': Hazara University issues new dress code for students, staff members

Hazara University has issued a detailed dress code for all students which prohibits girls from wearing "heavy makeup and jewelry" and boys from sporting a ponytail, among other restrictions, a notification from the varsity said.

The notification issued.
    The educational institute gave go-ahead to the new dress code on January 6, after a meeting held on December 29 to discuss the same.

Following the imposition of the new guidelines, female students are strictly not allowed to:

- wear jeans, tights and T-shirts
    - wear short shirts with jeans or tights
    - wear heavy makeup or jewelry
    - carry heavy hand bags

They are however, allowed to wear shalwar kameez, abaya and a headscarf.

For male students, restrictions extend to:

-shorts, cut-off jeans (sic), skin-fitted jeans
    - slippers
    - earrings, wrist chains
    - long hair, pony tails, "unpresentable beard cut"

They are allowed to wear:

- dress pants with dress shirts
    - dress shoes and socks
    - shalwar kameez

The notification also includes instructions that staff members must abide by.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/329148-no-...-staff-members

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic. And people wonder why Pakistan is seen as a backwards, oppressive country.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    Pathetic. And people wonder why Pakistan is seen as a backwards, oppressive country.
    lol its not.

All schools or education facilities have some sort of dress code, most is in line with the cultural norms of the area.

Out of interest. Would you call the UK backward if it banned schoolgirls from wearing skirts?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not an elementary school with a dress code , or change the name to Hazara Madrasa and make moulvi diesel its Chancellor .

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol its not.

All schools or education facilities have some sort of dress code, most is in line with the cultural norms of the area.

Out of interest. Would you call the UK backward if it banned schoolgirls from wearing skirts?
    No, I wouldn't because overall in the UK, you have a lot of freedom. That is not the same in Pakistan. Besides, schools have dress codes, but universities don't for the most part. So that's a false equivalency. I know you can't be objective and criticise Pakistan at all, that much is obvious, but you can't honestly say that these restrictions aren't oppressive.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, I wouldn't because overall in the UK, you have a lot of freedom. That is not the same in Pakistan. Besides, schools have dress codes, but universities don't for the most part. So that's a false equivalency. I know you can't be objective and criticise Pakistan at all, that much is obvious, but you can't honestly say that these restrictions aren't oppressive.
    Ive criticised Pakistan policies in all areas many times, youve only been on here a few years.

So west can put resitrictions but Pak cant lol. Islamaphobic much?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Its not an elementary school with a dress code , or change the name to Hazara Madrasa and make moulvi diesel its Chancellor .
    Surely if most of the people in the area want this, it's their right or should they wear what westerners want them to wear?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive criticised Pakistan policies in all areas many times, youve only been on here a few years.

So west can put resitrictions but Pak cant lol. Islamaphobic much?
    I've been here longer than you think.

Ah, the Islamaphobia card. I said that the difference is that you are comparing pre-University school in the West to university in Pakistan. I understand Pakistan is far more conservative, and that's fine, but this dress code is far too restrictive and oppressive. Try harder.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely if most of the people in the area want this, it's their right or should they wear what westerners want them to wear?
    If this is what people wanted, then there's no need for restrictions. They would dress in accordance with these restrictions without them actually being there. It's not about what Westerners want, but that's your go-to talking point.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been here longer than you think.

Ah, the Islamaphobia card. I said that the difference is that you are comparing pre-University school in the West to university in Pakistan. I understand Pakistan is far more conservative, and that's fine, but this dress code is far too restrictive and oppressive. Try harder.
    If this is what people wanted, then there's no need for restrictions. They would dress in accordance with these restrictions without them actually being there. It's not about what Westerners want, but that's your go-to talking point.
    You clearly havent read hundreds of my posts and stick to the topic.

UK Unis also have rules many students dont like. It might be 'oppressive' for you but if its not for most of the people in the area or most students, it dont matter what you think does it?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You clearly havent read hundreds of my posts and stick to the topic.

UK Unis also have rules many students dont like. It might be 'oppressive' for you but if its not for most of the people in the area or most students, it dont matter what you think does it?
    Again, if most students were happy with the rulings, then there is no need to enforce it as most would comply. Having the choice taken away is the issue. There is sufficient freedom at UK universities, trust me, I am at my 3rd and 4th one (joint program). I'm not advocating for no regulation, that would be ridiculous, but such a dress code is controlling.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again, if most students were happy with the rulings, then there is no need to enforce it as most would comply. Having the choice taken away is the issue. There is sufficient freedom at UK universities, trust me, I am at my 3rd and 4th one (joint program). I'm not advocating for no regulation, that would be ridiculous, but such a dress code is controlling.
    Describe the dress code which is not controlling for you?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Describe the dress code which is not controlling for you?
    In Pakistan, a conservative society, I'd understand if they'd say 'nothing too revealing'. However, jeans, t-shirts, 'heavy makeup and jewellery' for woman is controlling. Banning skinny jeans, long hair, earrings, etc for men is controlling.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is unpresentable beard cut though?
    Also the aversion to long hairs is mysterious. Does any university in the world have such restrictions? Genuine question. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan, a conservative society, I'd understand if they'd say 'nothing too revealing'. However, jeans, t-shirts, 'heavy makeup and jewellery' for woman is controlling. Banning skinny jeans, long hair, earrings, etc for men is controlling.
    If the students have problem with this controlling they are free to leave. You come to a seat of education to learn, not to show your curves or catwalk.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those practices are against Quran and it's teachings, I don't see why people are having issues against it.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    If those practices are against Quran and it's teachings, I don't see why people are having issues against it.
    Having long hair & wearing wrist chain is against the Quran? Seriously?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    No need to bring Quran into this discussion. Many places have a dress code. it is not to do with religion, but maintaining the decorum of the place.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    If the students have problem with this controlling they are free to leave. You come to a seat of education to learn, not to show your curves or catwalk.
    But we do come to see and let other see us

It's part of the college experience or else why would we waste 4-6 years of our lives stuck in a full time job of sort with no pay

Hazara Uni is messing with students university experience!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Islamising universities isn't going to help towards a more progressive Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to bring Quran into this discussion. Many places have a dress code. it is not to do with religion, but maintaining the decorum of the place.
    But what's wrong if religion does the same but on overall population instead of specific place?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good move. If anyone has walked around main Mardan as a woman they will understand that this is a very good move.

It also instills discipline in the wider student body. I am all for it.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Islamising universities isn't going to help towards a more progressive Pakistan.
    having adress sense instill discipline in an unruly society. It is a good way to keep our students focussed on the things that matter rather than the other stuff. It will also encourage conservative parents to send their girls to this uni as many do not. You have to be cognisant of the local culture rather than imposing a foreign belief system in a conservative environment.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeans and t-shirt are 'showing curves'? Embarrassing defence of this.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the UK, private schools - predating university - have a uniform and dress code.

These students have their choice taken away as per you opinion

What's your point?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is just a dumb point. Why have dress codes anywhere then? At most universities the majority might dress sensibly, but what if a few rebels decided they wanted to attend wearing bikinis?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    This is just a dumb point. Why have dress codes anywhere then? At most universities the majority might dress sensibly, but what if a few rebels decided they wanted to attend wearing bikinis?
    UK Army, Navy, and Air Force require uniform/dress code - to name but a few 'choices'.
    Last edited by Technics 1210; 11th January 2021 at 00:20.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you can have rules against these fringe 'rebels'. Are you really telling me that you think it's good to ban women from wearing jeans and t-shirts, and for men to have long hair? Is that what's important at an educational institution?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    In the UK, private schools - predating university - have a uniform and dress code.

These students have their choice taken away as per you opinion

What's your point?
    I'm not on about pre-university school. I am on about university. There isn't a uniform. A false equivalency.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Then you can have rules against these fringe 'rebels'. Are you really telling me that you think it's good to ban women from wearing jeans and t-shirts, and for men to have long hair? Is that what's important at an educational institution?
    In case you hadn't noticed, I am not the one making rules, I am not telling you anything about long hair or tight jeans. It's not my place to tell people from different countries what their fashion sense or dress culture should be. I was merely pointing out the lack of sense in your proposal that dress codes can be voluntary.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This sort of self-rightouness, hypocrisy and moral policing is unacceptable.
    Last edited by The Viper; 11th January 2021 at 04:32.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous, they treat college aged adults as little children in Pakistan. Even high schoolers in the west have more independence.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    having adress sense instill discipline in an unruly society. It is a good way to keep our students focussed on the things that matter rather than the other stuff. It will also encourage conservative parents to send their girls to this uni as many do not. You have to be cognisant of the local culture rather than imposing a foreign belief system in a conservative environment.
    At the start I agreed with everyone else and to some extent I still do cause I think freedom to dress how they want to (for adults ) is the most basic right everyone should have

but this made me think that this is not a white and black issue

So before posting opposing view to this news
    I wish people look at this post and especially the highlighted point
    cause in some ways it makes sense
    @Tubs, @Saeedhq

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People don't realize that when you force morality on young people then they rebel, all they learn is to be more sneaky so all the haram stuff becomes more prevalent on the down low.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    At the start I agreed with everyone else and to some extent I still do cause I think freedom to dress how they want to (for adults ) is the most basic right everyone should have

@Tubs, @Saeedhq
    Nope. It will boost enrolment because wearing abayas were not banned. If conservatives students wanted to cover-up, they could have with or without the ban.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Nope. It will boost enrolment because wearing abayas were not banned. If conservatives students wanted to cover-up, they could have with or without the ban.
    actually your are once again showing your lack of understanding of the environment in some parts of Pakistan. If this was Islu or lahore I would say you were probably right. But this isnt. Its the north in kpk which is by far the most conservative part of pakistan. If women go out dressed like they do in Islu they soon come home and grab a chador..It is a shock to the system.

The reason for the dress code is so that conservative parents do not restrict the education of their children especially women. They will feel that their girls will not "deviate" off the "moral straight and narrow" and thus will be more comfortable giving permission for them to study here. Otherwise its the shadi nikah route..
    We need as many women getting educated as possible especially in STEM subjects so this is a small price to pay to see them get good degrees.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Tubs, @Saeedhq
    so I'll give you a small anecdote. A relative recently moved to Mardan. Anybody who knows anything about KPK knows what to wear when you go out shopping etc. She was not aware and wore what she would wera in islu. Lets just say it took about twenty minutes and she quickly realised what a big mistake that was. Suffice it to say she never goes out without her chador now..

the dress code is for parents not just students..

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so I'll give you a small anecdote. A relative recently moved to Mardan. Anybody who knows anything about KPK knows what to wear when you go out shopping etc. She was not aware and wore what she would wera in islu. Lets just say it took about twenty minutes and she quickly realised what a big mistake that was. Suffice it to say she never goes out without her chador now..

the dress code is for parents not just students..
    Regardless of who it is for, its still pathetic.

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Regardless of who it is for, its still pathetic.
    thats your opinion but others may have a different opinion.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    People don't realize that when you force morality on young people then they rebel, all they learn is to be more sneaky so all the haram stuff becomes more prevalent on the down low.
    That should make all the religion meaningless.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    actually your are once again showing your lack of understanding of the environment in some parts of Pakistan. If this was Islu or lahore I would say you were probably right. But this isnt. Its the north in kpk which is by far the most conservative part of pakistan. If women go out dressed like they do in Islu they soon come home and grab a chador..It is a shock to the system.

The reason for the dress code is so that conservative parents do not restrict the education of their children especially women. They will feel that their girls will not "deviate" off the "moral straight and narrow" and thus will be more comfortable giving permission for them to study here. Otherwise its the shadi nikah route..
    We need as many women getting educated as possible especially in STEM subjects so this is a small price to pay to see them get good degrees.
    I do not get it. How will they deviate?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I do not get it. How will they deviate?
    yaar it is not that they will. It is that their parents "think" they will. that is the point. Hence why I put it in quote marks..

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yaar it is not that they will. It is that their parents "think" they will. that is the point. Hence why I put it in quote marks..
    They will deviate by seeing people wearing shalwar kameez?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People ? majority of them never attended school cannot dictate how to run a university. Students are adults and they are educated, they should be free to wear whatever the want . Don't create oppressive environment for for them .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is not a conservative society, vast majority of the Pakistanis are normal people, open minded, liberal and friendly. Problem is that since Zia-ul-Haq stupid Mullahs and their illiterate followers have made this a fashion to bring the religion in every matter and to play the religion card to for their own personal gain. Zia is dead and buried for long time and we should discourage every one of his legacy and any move like this .

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Pakistan is not a conservative society, vast majority of the Pakistanis are normal people, open minded, liberal and friendly. Problem is that since Zia-ul-Haq stupid Mullahs and their illiterate followers have made this a fashion to bring the religion in every matter and to play the religion card to for their own personal gain. Zia is dead and buried for long time and we should discourage every one of his legacy and any move like this .
    Your circle is probably not conservative

But majority of the country is poor and rural

Do you think these demographics are liberal and open minded?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Your circle is probably not conservative

But majority of the country is poor and rural

Do you think these demographics are liberal and open minded?
    He is totally failing to acknowledge the area being discussed, which is one of the most conservative parts of Pakistan. These guys are sitting in USA, London and Hong Kong telling us what people in Pakistan should be wearing. What is the use? Take a flight to KPK and try to convince the locals, should be no problem getting them to wear tight jeans, nipple rings and fancy beards if the population is onside.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is totally failing to acknowledge the area being discussed, which is one of the most conservative parts of Pakistan. These guys are sitting in USA, London and Hong Kong telling us what people in Pakistan should be wearing. What is the use? Take a flight to KPK and try to convince the locals, should be no problem getting them to wear tight jeans, nipple rings and fancy beards if the population is onside.
    I think they are arguing for the freedom to wear what they want to wear

Not that they should wear those things

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The notifications issued by the university says that women abaya should be either grey, black or blue and without any decoration/embroidery. Women are forbidden from wearing any jewelry and make-up should be very light if any. Heavy hand bags are forbidden too!

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Incidentally in today's papers there is a story running that a girl has been warned that the skirt she wears is too long and she must wear stipulated knee length skirts in a UK school. What do you guys think about that?
    Last edited by The Viper; 12th January 2021 at 23:09.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They will deviate by seeing people wearing shalwar kameez?
    lol, of course that's not what I mean or what people think. Tell me something, have you been to these parts of Pakistan? I have been to rural parts of Pakistan and I can tell you, you don't let your women out without company and in general modest clothes. That is just how it is.

In more cosmopolitan parts its different e.g. karachi Islu lahore etc. But KPK is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Now with regards to the specifics around the code, perhaps thats a bit too harsh, e.g. the colours they are asked to wear etc. but again thats my own opinion. People in this area are probably happy the Uni is doing this. Especially the parents as I have mentioned before.

Personally , in conservative pakistani areas better just to have a uniform and be done with the hassle.

Finally with regards to dress codes in general, Schools in England are getting ever stricter. no makeup, certain types of piercings, uniforms becoming more strict, etc etc..but Uni is not like that.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Broadly I agree, as in other parts of Pakistan especially the islamic university in Islu, they tend to have a code but you are not forced to wear say a particular colour etc etc. I think its just the conservative nature of the area's where the kids are going to travel in from. Remember this is going to welcome kids from all over KPK so perhaps the Uni wants to reassure the more conservative parents that "dont worry your kids wont become heathens if they study here"..Youd be surprised hows trict some areas in KPK are especially for women.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol, of course that's not what I mean or what people think. Tell me something, have you been to these parts of Pakistan? I have been to rural parts of Pakistan and I can tell you, you don't let your women out without company and in general modest clothes. That is just how it is.

In more cosmopolitan parts its different e.g. karachi Islu lahore etc. But KPK is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Now with regards to the specifics around the code, perhaps thats a bit too harsh, e.g. the colours they are asked to wear etc. but again thats my own opinion. People in this area are probably happy the Uni is doing this. Especially the parents as I have mentioned before.

Personally , in conservative pakistani areas better just to have a uniform and be done with the hassle.

Finally with regards to dress codes in general, Schools in England are getting ever stricter. no makeup, certain types of piercings, uniforms becoming more strict, etc etc..but Uni is not like that.
    But you are missing the point here. Abayas or burkas were not banned! If anybody wanted to wear them, they could.Dress code or not, locals could wear burkas if they wanted! So, your argument that it will boost enrolment is very weak.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But you are missing the point here. Abayas or burkas were not banned! If anybody wanted to wear them, they could.Dress code or not, locals could wear burkas if they wanted! So, your argument that it will boost enrolment is very weak.
    yaar main argument nahin bana raha..I am just trying to play devils advocate to understand this frankly strange decision lol..

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its the will of the people as one poster says here, why the rules and enforcements.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didnt mention Pakistan.

As athiest, what is a non-controlling dress code in general? In your ideal society?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.samaa.tv/news/2021/03/pe...-for-students/

The University of Peshawar doesn’t want its students to wear ‘fancy’ clothes to the varsity.

In a notification, the university instructed the students to follow the new dress code and wear their chest cards at all times. It issued the following directions:

Women must wear white shalwar with kameez of their own choice.
    Men should wear “decent/modest” clothes.
    According to university officials, the dress code will ensure that students wear similar-looking clothes when they come to the campus.

Universities across Pakistan have often been criticised for implementing strict dress codes.

On January 9, 2021 the Hazara University in Mansehra told women to wear shalwar kameez, along with a dupatta, chador, or abaya. Heavy make-up, jewelry, and expensive handbags were banned under the new rules.

Men were told to wear either formal eastern or western attire. Students cannot wear cut, torn, or skin-fitted jeans, shorts, slippers, and accessories like earrings and chains.

The varsity made simple, formal hair and beard styles mandatory.