Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"There's nothing in my heart against Amir, if he's in good form then we will take him back" : Misbah

Misbah-ul-Haq’s comments on Mohammad Amir in today’s presser

"Amir has his own opinions on the matter; As for me, I have always respected players, whether they are junior or senior"

"I was captain of the side when Mohammad Amir made a comeback, and keeping all issues on the side, I welcomed Amir for the sake of Pakistan, and I supported him which is what I did as a Head Coach as well"

"Before the England series, he had a personal issue but I convinced him to come saying that it doesnt matter if you come late or not; As a senior pro, I supported him in Australia and other places too"

"In the England series he got there, he got injured and his form wasnt that good"

"We didnt consider Amir for the Zimbabwe series as we wanted to give chance to youngsters"

"Then we saw in the National T20 that his performance after injury wasnt as good as before; In fact he wasnt even able to get into the Northern side"

"Waqar and I had told Amir in England that you are our strike bowler and if you play T20 games then we expect you to go all out in those 4 overs, to go full throttle, swing the ball and that is your role"

"If instead of bowling at 87-88 mph, you bowl at 81-82 mph then it be very difficult for our team to perform well"

"The way Shaheen, Haris and Hasnain are bowling then there is competition amongst the bowlers, and Amir has to compete with them; It cannot be that we give preference to a senior bowler without him performing well"

"There was nothing personal against Amir; A lot was said about Waqar Younis in this case but he had nothing to do with this"

"There were six coaches who were selectors, I was Chief Selector and we had a captain too- its impossible that one person from these can go all out and take a decision about any player; What this means is that no one was supporting Amir's inclusion on the basis of his performance"

"So to give this matter a different colour is beyond my understanding; I have no idea why Amir did that as we have never mistreated him; It was a simple thing for Amir to have gone back and proven himself based on form and performance and then simply get back in the team- the rest is irrelevant"

"Your previous performances are there but what matters is your current form and how you are bowling now; Otherwise, no one would be left out of the team at all"

"I am not disrespecting anyone and Amir is a quality bowler; He may have retired but I will welcome him in the side if he plays and performs to his best, despite all that has happened"

"When Amir retired from Tests, I always respected his decision"

"All I have said to Amir and also to Wahab that as a senior player, you have to lead the team just like Mohammad Hafeez has done, and you cannot be in a survival mode"

"There is nothing in my heart against Amir, if he is in good form and its good for Pakistan then we will take him back"
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th January 2021 at 01:01.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the rare occasions I’m defending Misbah. It’s clear Amir has been completely out of line.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with his comments. Amir did a drama queen here.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this means Misbah is continuing as coach? After watching India compete with so many injuries/no Kohli etc. and then watching us getting swept aside constantly in SENA often by margins of an innings - it shows how pathetic a side we are.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? Just shows Misbah has run out of options. a time to bring someone else.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbar View Post
    Why? Just shows Misbah has run out of options. a time to bring someone else.
    It was just a response to a reporter asking about Amir.

Misbah said he still stands by the decision to drop Amir because of bad form and he couldn’t even make the Northern side after injury. So he’s just clearing up that there’s no bad blood even despite whatever Amir has said in the media, and if he performs the door is always open.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Amir have both been underwhelming in their respective roles for a long time. One's opinion about the other just doesn't count.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well amir already meets the expectations

Because someone should tell misbah does abbas,naseem , musa khan , rock throwing angry man , overhill wahab meet expectations because most of these bowlers are not even intl level or if they were intl level they are clearly finished at the top level

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has been really entertaining off-field although on-field the performances has been very poor and the fact that there exists an animosity between Amir and the current Pak management adds more drama off the field and is IMO clearly having an impact on the PAK bowling performance

Pak side had always entertained Cricket fans on-off field but looking at the current Pak side its going down and adding more drama and showcasing fights off-field , rather than bowling skills on-field and it needs to improve its performance quickly

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo amir should not play intl cricket as long as misbah and waqar are there he should make it clear remove these 2 and I will come back

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the record, this is the first time Misbah has said that he dropped Amir because of his performances, unless someone can prove me otherwise.

Misbah knows Hasnain and Musa will give him more grievances than Amir will.

Posters here don’t have a brain I’m afraid. There’s a reason why a 36 year old Wahab Riaz and a 35 year old Sohail Khan keep getting picked, it’s because we’re running out of quality bowlers. We have too many 5ft 6” bowlers bowling 130kph with no swimg. The last thing you need is a left arm pacer retiring at 29.

People said we have Musa Khan. He didn’t play a single game for Pak and the Shaheen.

People said we have Haris Rauf. He got smashed in NZ against against kids.

People said we have Naseem. The less said the better.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bringing Amir back will show how desperate Misbah is. This is a mess of a situation. The player retired due to issues with current coaching staff playing a part, now the coaxh says he will bring him back if he performs. An absolute mess of a situation. Don't think Misbah is a great man manager , haven't heard many players rave about his coaching or management.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    So merit is why Misbah selected Musa instead of Amir?

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    String of losses and Misbah now runs to Amir... classic really...

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    For the record, this is the first time Misbah has said that he dropped Amir because of his performances, unless someone can prove me otherwise.

Misbah knows Hasnain and Musa will give him more grievances than Amir will.

Posters here don’t have a brain I’m afraid. There’s a reason why a 36 year old Wahab Riaz and a 35 year old Sohail Khan keep getting picked, it’s because we’re running out of quality bowlers. We have too many 5ft 6” bowlers bowling 130kph with no swimg. The last thing you need is a left arm pacer retiring at 29.

People said we have Musa Khan. He didn’t play a single game for Pak and the Shaheen.

People said we have Haris Rauf. He got smashed in NZ against against kids.

People said we have Naseem. The less said the better.
    1. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    2. Mohammad Amir
    3. Wahab Riaz
    4. Haris Rauf
    5. Musa Khan
    6. Naseem Shah
    7. Mohammad Hasnain
    8. Usman Khan Shinwari
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Faheem Ashraf
    11. Mohammad Abbas
    12. Amad Butt

Let's assume that this is our pool of fast-bowlers for all-formats (granted some don't play all formats).

Out of all these bowlers, Amir has the best new ball skills, and that's a fact. He is very consistent in his bowling, and he gets swing with the new ball. In white-ball cricket, every team has a bowler who can use the new ball and get some swing and some wickets early on. We're missing this player at the moment and there is nobody better than Amir for the role. However, I agree that he's out of form, but he needs to be given chances to get back in form as well. At the moment, I don't see any other tournament where he is going to play apart from PSL, and that's just pathetic. If he performs in PSL, he'd definitely be on my team for the T20 WC.

Shaheen is a very good bowler as well, and he's the tallest of the lot. He has a good yorker and good bouncer, he just needs to try and keep things tight with the new ball. He goes searching too many times to no avail, and I don't think he's our ideal new ball bowler in white-ball cricket. That's my opinion on the matter. I'd rather give Amir the new ball and have Shaheen in the death, which is what we should be preparing Shaheen for.

Haris Rauf has the skillset to succeed in T20 cricket, but he doesn't have the mindset to bowl in good areas. He always loses his line and length, and costs the team runs. He is a wicket-taker, but he needs to be more economical. He's a skiddy bowler, so anything in the slot is too easy to dispatch. He needs to also use the yorker more often, and needs to learn how to bowl good bouncers and short balls. He should be given the old ball in the PSL as well IMO, because he has no future with the new ball. It's better to work on his skills in an area where he'd be able to apply them.

Hasan Ali is another option for a middle overs bowler. He is skiddy and has the right arsenal for bowling in the middle overs. Slower balls, yorkers, short balls, and other variations mean that he's capable of being a middle overs bowler and his batting is an added bonus. However, he has injury concerns, and he too can go for runs. He also needs to be more economical in the middle overs.

Mohammad Hasnain is a tall pacer, and he is pretty good as well. He needs to be used in the middle overs as well IMO, because Amir and Shaheen will be my ideal new ball pair along with Imad chipping in a few overs.

Shinwari sadly hasn't been given enough chances, but he's a really good ODI bowler IMO. He needs to be given chances because he has performed whenever he is given the ball in ODI.

Shaheen, Amir, Hasan, Haris, Hasnain, and Shinwari should be our white-ball bowlers.

Abbas, Shaheen, Hasan, Shinwari should be our test match bowlers.

We're not playing the right bowling combination IMO.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    It was just a response to a reporter asking about Amir.

Misbah said he still stands by the decision to drop Amir because of bad form and he couldn’t even make the Northern side after injury. So he’s just clearing up that there’s no bad blood even despite whatever Amir has said in the media, and if he performs the door is always open.
    The problem is the communications aspect. Misbah, in his presser, quite clearly articulated why Amir wasn't picked and how he could come back into the fold again. The problem, is that this exact clear reasoning shouldn't been given to Amir face to face (or directly). That way you then dont have the breakdown in relations that eventually took place.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
    Imo amir should not play intl cricket as long as misbah and waqar are there he should make it clear remove these 2 and I will come back
    Amir is not bigger than the team, it should be a honour for him to represent his country even though his performances have been bordering on Average.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post

Er... I think he was just asked a question and he answered it.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The press conference Misbah gave was by far the most shameless thing I have ever seen from a head coach. He had the audacity to place all the blame for Pakistan's horrendous fielding, fitness, bowling and batting on COVID. In the process he managed to ignore how India, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand are all also playing during COVID.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    1. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    2. Mohammad Amir
    3. Wahab Riaz
    4. Haris Rauf
    5. Musa Khan
    6. Naseem Shah
    7. Mohammad Hasnain
    8. Usman Khan Shinwari
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Faheem Ashraf
    11. Mohammad Abbas
    12. Amad Butt

Let's assume that this is our pool of fast-bowlers for all-formats (granted some don't play all formats).

Out of all these bowlers, Amir has the best new ball skills, and that's a fact. He is very consistent in his bowling, and he gets swing with the new ball. In white-ball cricket, every team has a bowler who can use the new ball and get some swing and some wickets early on. We're missing this player at the moment and there is nobody better than Amir for the role. However, I agree that he's out of form, but he needs to be given chances to get back in form as well. At the moment, I don't see any other tournament where he is going to play apart from PSL, and that's just pathetic. If he performs in PSL, he'd definitely be on my team for the T20 WC.

Shaheen is a very good bowler as well, and he's the tallest of the lot. He has a good yorker and good bouncer, he just needs to try and keep things tight with the new ball. He goes searching too many times to no avail, and I don't think he's our ideal new ball bowler in white-ball cricket. That's my opinion on the matter. I'd rather give Amir the new ball and have Shaheen in the death, which is what we should be preparing Shaheen for.

Haris Rauf has the skillset to succeed in T20 cricket, but he doesn't have the mindset to bowl in good areas. He always loses his line and length, and costs the team runs. He is a wicket-taker, but he needs to be more economical. He's a skiddy bowler, so anything in the slot is too easy to dispatch. He needs to also use the yorker more often, and needs to learn how to bowl good bouncers and short balls. He should be given the old ball in the PSL as well IMO, because he has no future with the new ball. It's better to work on his skills in an area where he'd be able to apply them.

Hasan Ali is another option for a middle overs bowler. He is skiddy and has the right arsenal for bowling in the middle overs. Slower balls, yorkers, short balls, and other variations mean that he's capable of being a middle overs bowler and his batting is an added bonus. However, he has injury concerns, and he too can go for runs. He also needs to be more economical in the middle overs.

Mohammad Hasnain is a tall pacer, and he is pretty good as well. He needs to be used in the middle overs as well IMO, because Amir and Shaheen will be my ideal new ball pair along with Imad chipping in a few overs.

Shinwari sadly hasn't been given enough chances, but he's a really good ODI bowler IMO. He needs to be given chances because he has performed whenever he is given the ball in ODI.

Shaheen, Amir, Hasan, Haris, Hasnain, and Shinwari should be our white-ball bowlers.

Abbas, Shaheen, Hasan, Shinwari should be our test match bowlers.

We're not playing the right bowling combination IMO.
    Spot on.

The PSL has come at the perfect time. Amir will be raring to go and we know how lethal he can be when he’s out there to prove a point.

I’m also keeping an eye on Musa Khan and Hasnain and how they perform. If they don’t do well in the PSL then I just don’t see how they can be picked ahead of Amir.

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D/DAhmed View Post
    The press conference Misbah gave was by far the most shameless thing I have ever seen from a head coach. He had the audacity to place all the blame for Pakistan's horrendous fielding, fitness, bowling and batting on COVID. In the process he managed to ignore how India, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand are all also playing during COVID.
    He is a professional excuse maker. He did this as captain too, as Shoaib hilariously pointed out in that one Urdu interview during the 2015 world cup

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Yes. Amir returning from injury was out of rhythm and form at the time of selection.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shows that the expectations of Amir is not to average 30+ like he had over the course of a half decade while pretending to be the next Wasim Akram.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    The problem is the communications aspect. Misbah, in his presser, quite clearly articulated why Amir wasn't picked and how he could come back into the fold again. The problem, is that this exact clear reasoning shouldn't been given to Amir face to face (or directly). That way you then dont have the breakdown in relations that eventually took place.
    Completely agree. According to Misbah, in this same presser, he said he’s already had this discussion with Amir. So either Misbah is lying or Amir is. And from Amir’s expansive masala in the media despite knowing he was out of rhythm at the time of selection, I’m willing to bet it’s Amir.

A rare occasion that I do support Misbah’s decision.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on.

The PSL has come at the perfect time. Amir will be raring to go and we know how lethal he can be when he’s out there to prove a point.

I’m also keeping an eye on Musa Khan and Hasnain and how they perform. If they don’t do well in the PSL then I just don’t see how they can be picked ahead of Amir.
    I think Hasnain is a prospect regardless of the PSL. He's finally developed his stock ball, I.e. the 'back of the length' ball at pace. He's developing his outswinger and hopefully InshAllah develops his inswinger soon. However, Amir over Musa is the correct decision, even right now

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Hasnain is a prospect regardless of the PSL. He's finally developed his stock ball, I.e. the 'back of the length' ball at pace. He's developing his outswinger and hopefully InshAllah develops his inswinger soon. However, Amir over Musa is the correct decision, even right now
    Right now, maybe. Probably. (based on Lanka Premier League form). At the time of the Zimbabwe and NZ selection, not at all.

Now it’s dependent on Amir to outperform Musa in the PSL, which shouldn’t be hard at all.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the rare occasions I’m defending Misbah. It’s clear Amir has been completely out of line.
    This shameless Misbah should have dropped himself for lack of performance first, his own form as coach has been pathetic. He also carried on as player and captain for years despite being too old and the worst player in the team, its like the pot calling the kettle black.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    And, youngsters Wahab and Sohail Khan too.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    “Amir’s recent performance was not up to the mark as compared to the other bowlers including Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain,” Misbah said in a presser at Gaddafi Stadium.
    Yes we must accomodate the great Hasnain instead who took 1-72 from 6 overs across his two matches against NZ A.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Its about time we write off some players no matter what they do at domestic level, otherwise we will never move on.

Misbah is a failed guy, a master of U turns or no turns. Cant wait to see the end of Misbah & Waqar.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree. According to Misbah, in this same presser, he said he’s already had this discussion with Amir. So either Misbah is lying or Amir is. And from Amir’s expansive masala in the media despite knowing he was out of rhythm at the time of selection, I’m willing to bet it’s Amir.

A rare occasion that I do support Misbah’s decision.
    Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you there as I watched the full presser. Misbah explained Amir's role, and the expectations of him during the England tour. However he didn't relay to Amir why he DIDN'T pick him for either New Zealand or Zimbabwe. And Misbah has precedence for this, as he similarly didn't call Malik and Asad Shafiq regarding their being dropped either, as they have stated in the media. Misbah did similar with Hafeez, by not letting him know before the 2019 Australia tour. As a selector, the least u should do is let players know personally why they aren't selected and what they need to do to make a comeback, I.e. communicate. Misbah has not done this a number of times either through ego or through not understanding man management. That's why he's culpable despite Amir being a hothead

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you there as I watched the full presser. Misbah explained Amir's role, and the expectations of him during the England tour. However he didn't relay to Amir why he DIDN'T pick him for either New Zealand or Zimbabwe. And Misbah has precedence for this, as he similarly didn't call Malik and Asad Shafiq regarding their being dropped either, as they have stated in the media. Misbah did similar with Hafeez, by not letting him know before the 2019 Australia tour. As a selector, the least u should do is let players know personally why they aren't selected and what they need to do to make a comeback, I.e. communicate. Misbah has not done this a number of times either through ego or through not understanding man management. That's why he's culpable despite Amir being a hothead
    Misbah also couldn’t explain why exactly he dropped Amir, he had to lie to the media.

“They are not part of the white-ball matches as for this tour we have opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players who are likely to be available to Pakistan for all formats”. - This is what Misbah said when asked why Amir was not picked for the Eng tour.

“Players who are likely to be available for all formats”, that basically meant that Amir was dropped for retiring from test cricket.

But now, he’s saying that Amir was dropped because of his performances and it was nothing personal. 🤔

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Yes. Amir returning from injury was out of rhythm and form at the time of selection.
    No, Musa wasn’t selected “instead of” Amir at first place. Nothing to support Musa’s selection, but Amir was retired for Test cricket, still is. He was picked for T20 series against Australia when Musa was picked .... and picked 1/70 in like 8 overs.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, Musa wasn’t selected “instead of” Amir at first place. Nothing to support Musa’s selection, but Amir was retired for Test cricket, still is. He was picked for T20 series against Australia when Musa was picked .... and picked 1/70 in like 8 overs.
    I don’t agree with Musa’s selection and for the most part I think he’s a nothing bowler. However, at the time of selection for the Zimbabwe and New Zealand series Amir was returning from injury, which we all saw in the T20I against England, and he sat out of 7-8 games in the National T20 cup. During this tournament, many bowlers performed well, while Amir played 3-4 games at the back end and looked out of rhythm and unable to land the ball in the places he wanted to, unable to swing it, and unable to bowl at more than 130 or so.

It’s not that Musa was better, it’s that Amir was worse.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performing in 1 out of 5 matches is still better than performing in none. You can't have a different scale of measuring performance for every player. Amir is competing with the other Pak bowlers for a spot in the team, not with Misbah's expectations.

As usual, Misbah isn't making much sense here and looking for excuses.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How come Musa, Naseem and Yasir Shah amongst others can get a free ride but Amir can't?

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah also couldn’t explain why exactly he dropped Amir, he had to lie to the media.

“They are not part of the white-ball matches as for this tour we have opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players who are likely to be available to Pakistan for all formats”. - This is what Misbah said when asked why Amir was not picked for the Eng tour.

“Players who are likely to be available for all formats”, that basically meant that Amir was dropped for retiring from test cricket.

But now, he’s saying that Amir was dropped because of his performances and it was nothing personal. 🤔
    Good post. Those defending Misbah need to see this. The guy flip flops on his statements more than a fish out of water!

It's obvious that performance was not the reason why Amir was kept out. Man up and accept it, Misbah.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    How come Musa, Naseem and Yasir Shah amongst others can get a free ride but Amir can't?
    Because in Pakistan, showing that you possess some talent can actually do you more harm than good. If you've ever given an exceptional performance, especially at the beginning of your career, you'll always be judged against that while the duds in the team can be applauded for mediocrity because nothing is expected of them.

I am no Umar Akmal fan and believe that the guy is an absolute tool, but he was mistreated in the Test format exactly due to this approach. Misbah, who was the captain at that point, was unhappy with UA's "recklessness" in Test matches despite the fact that he was still outscoring most of the other batsmen in the team.

Misbah has never been a smart decision maker, be it as a batsman, captain or the coach.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We need to learn how to manage players mental state.

In a SENA team a player like Fakhar would never have gone downhill. We just don't know how to manage our talent.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on.

With Hasan Ali in red, Musa Khan won't be getting many chances. He's far too young in my opinion.

Mohammad Hasnain is somebody I'm interested in, because that third pacer slot for the middle overs is still available though Haris is doing well to try and secure it by playing in the BBL. The reason I'd prefer Hasnain over Haris is because of his height, he's not as easy to dispatch if he gets his line wrong when compared with Haris.

It's setting up to be a very interesting PSL season with a lot of competition for the fast bowler slots.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just based on the thread title, Misbah sounds like a selector, and the holy father of Pak cricket.
    He should welcome ALL players who are selected by the selection committee. Who the heck he thinks he is? Without his “welcome” the player can’t represent Pakistan?

And as we all know, Amir’s exclusion wasn’t much about performance, it was all Waqar Younus who made sure to punish Amir for retiring from Test.

Waqar just won’t stop self indulging into selecting matters while his coaching has been absolute pathetic.

He should’ve resigned by now after what he has done with our pace bowling attack.

And mind you, I am not defending Amir at all.
    He has been quite the “dehaati” himself.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I don’t agree with Musa’s selection and for the most part I think he’s a nothing bowler. However, at the time of selection for the Zimbabwe and New Zealand series Amir was returning from injury, which we all saw in the T20I against England, and he sat out of 7-8 games in the National T20 cup. During this tournament, many bowlers performed well, while Amir played 3-4 games at the back end and looked out of rhythm and unable to land the ball in the places he wanted to, unable to swing it, and unable to bowl at more than 130 or so.

It’s not that Musa was better, it’s that Amir was worse.
    Sorry, my response was on the “merit” of Musa’s selection over Amir.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wrongly appointed for dual role with zero experience and the suffering continues.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Agree wholeheartedly. Amir was never dropped for lack of ability, he was dropped for showing poor attitude and not giving Pakistan priority over his career in the various international T20 leagues. If Amir had been showing form it would have made more sense to go running back to him, but really is it worth the bother? There are probably other seamers who can bowl in the 130's and do a job. Amir has shown nothing in the last couple of years to make me think he would have made much difference against a quality team like NZ.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah will be sacked soon along with Waqar, I am surprised Misbah had the nerve to say that after shameful defeat.
    Amir will be back once new management take over.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Full quotes added in Post #1

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Misbah going at Amir!

Will be interesting to hear Amir's comeback to this.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Misbah isnt lying, then I am with him on this.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least some fair points from Misbah about Amir.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Some fair points from Misbah.

But why don't they sit down and talk about this instead of blabbering on in the media.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Amir is not bigger than the team, it should be a honour for him to represent his country even though his performances have been bordering on Average.
    Amir is not bigger than the team but team needs him more than Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Misbah testing our memories and he succeeded..

Was not there a policy devised by Holy Grail - Misbah and Waqar that only those players who are available for all the 3 formats will be considered for selections

Has not Waqar made comments starting from Australia tour that Amir retired from test, that's why we had to restore to young bowlers??

Now why Misbah is backtracking on the policies he and Waqar made.. So , now when they are losing then it's all because of Amir (a person who did not even play). It clearly shows how pathetic Waqar and Misbah are : Want to Protect their friends, and themselves.. But some one has to bear the brunt of these losses, so ya lets get Amir for this..

P.S : I am no Amir's fan, he does not deserve to be part of the team based on his recent form, but losing him is not good, as he is the only one WHO is a Big match player . Other bowlers are more or less than sheeps & are made for friendly asian bi lateral series or very rare bowling performance outside Asia

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir was in poor form during the England tour. He played one t20i and even couldn't complete his quota in that game. For Amir to expect to keep getting selected was his mistake.

Every time a player is out of form and injured, he needs to go into rehab and prove himself via performances in domestic cricket. Did Amir do that? No. He keeps giving the Haris Rauf example that he made it into the side on the basis of BBL performance but the thing is that was a one off thing and his performance in BBL was extremely good to get in contention for t20is. What was Amir's performance in Nationalt20?

What really worsened the matter was Waqar Younis needlessly commenting about Amir in media that he retired from Tests for his own sake, which was uncalled for and didn't need to be said during an ongoing tour. Amir got triggered by that, and the whole thing got escalated.

The villain of this story is Waqar, for his unnecessary comments and picking on a player who isn't even in the squad.

Amir will probably regret his decision if he really cares about playing for Pakistan cause he knows he was going to get picked after some time.

This wasn't the first case of Waqar needlessly attacking the players while being the coach, something that should be a red flag and he needs to be dismissed now.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah here is towing the PCB line. It is clear alot was invested in Amir. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working in a facility to continue maintain his skills during the time of his ban. Which is why the whole PCB management fought tooth and nail for him to be back 6 months earlier than the other two names, with Najam Sethi tweeting frequently to bring Amir back and talking to the ICC about it. Seemed like their no.1 agenda at the time.
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th January 2021 at 11:41.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    We need to learn how to manage players mental state.

In a SENA team a player like Fakhar would never have gone downhill. We just don't know how to manage our talent.
    Fakhar is a hack who was always bound to fail. Mickey did well to get out of him what he did, considering his limited ability.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Some fair points from Misbah.

But why don't they sit down and talk about this instead of blabbering on in the media.
    Yes all that he said in media should have been communicated to Amir BEFORE this presser so he could say he has spoken to Amir etc

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. Amir was never dropped for lack of ability, he was dropped for showing poor attitude and not giving Pakistan priority over his career in the various international T20 leagues. If Amir had been showing form it would have made more sense to go running back to him, but really is it worth the bother? There are probably other seamers who can bowl in the 130's and do a job. Amir has shown nothing in the last couple of years to make me think he would have made much difference against a quality team like NZ.
    You are correct but do we have any better pacers than Amir at the moment? Amir and Shaheen opening the bowling for Pakistan will really solve a lot of problems for us but the ego and differences between Misbah and Amir is really destroying what could be a great combination for us. For all the flaws Amir has, he definitely could have performed better than Naseem and Abbas for us.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Amir has been back for 5 years with very avg stats so cant compare him with naseem. Yasir shouldnt be picked for SENA at all. Complete waste

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam regarding Amir:

“Amir’s performance was not the same as before. Now if his performance improves, selectors will definitely consider his return and talk to him,” he concluded.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Misbah-ul-Haq’s comments on Mohammad Amir in today’s presser

"Amir has his own opinions on the matter; As for me, I have always respected players, whether they are junior or senior"

"I was captain of the side when Mohammad Amir made a comeback, and keeping all issues on the side, I welcomed Amir for the sake of Pakistan, and I supported him which is what I did as a Head Coach as well"

"Before the England series, he had a personal issue but I convinced him to come saying that it doesnt matter if you come late or not; As a senior pro, I supported him in Australia and other places too"

"In the England series he got there, he got injured and his form wasnt that good"

"We didnt consider Amir for the Zimbabwe series as we wanted to give chance to youngsters"

"Then we saw in the National T20 that his performance after injury wasnt as good as before; In fact he wasnt even able to get into the Northern side"

"Waqar and I had told Amir in England that you are our strike bowler and if you play T20 games then we expect you to go all out in those 4 overs, to go full throttle, swing the ball and that is your role"

"If instead of bowling at 87-88 mph, you bowl at 81-82 mph then it be very difficult for our team to perform well"

"The way Shaheen, Haris and Hasnain are bowling then there is competition amongst the bowlers, and Amir has to compete with them; It cannot be that we give preference to a senior bowler without him performing well"

"There was nothing personal against Amir; A lot was said about Waqar Younis in this case but he had nothing to do with this"

"There were six coaches who were selectors, I was Chief Selector and we had a captain too- its impossible that one person from these can go all out and take a decision about any player; What this means is that no one was supporting Amir's inclusion on the basis of his performance"

"So to give this matter a different colour is beyond my understanding; I have no idea why Amir did that as we have never mistreated him; It was a simple thing for Amir to have gone back and proven himself based on form and performance and then simply get back in the team- the rest is irrelevant"

"Your previous performances are there but what matters is your current form and how you are bowling now; Otherwise, no one would be left out of the team at all"

"I am not disrespecting anyone and Amir is a quality bowler; He may have retired but I will welcome him in the side if he plays and performs to his best, despite all that has happened"

"When Amir retired from Tests, I always respected his decision"

"All I have said to Amir and also to Wahab that as a senior player, you have to lead the team just like Mohammad Hafeez has done, and you cannot be in a survival mode"

"There is nothing in my heart against Amir, if he is in good form and its good for Pakistan then we will take him back"
    While you are at it, search this news heading.

Misbah-ul-Haq claims Mohammad Amir 'made up' circumstances of Pakistan retirement

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You are correct but do we have any better pacers than Amir at the moment? Amir and Shaheen opening the bowling for Pakistan will really solve a lot of problems for us but the ego and differences between Misbah and Amir is really destroying what could be a great combination for us. For all the flaws Amir has, he definitely could have performed better than Naseem and Abbas for us.
    I was thinking more of some of the bowlers who have never really been given much of a chance. There were one or two like Umaid Asif who had a bit of height and bounce, but is probably over the hill now. I just think we tend to focus too much on speed with the likes of Naseem and especially Musa who is too short to ever be effective.

If you were around then you might recall Bob Woolmer started picking bowlers who were previously ignored like Rao Iftikhar who was medium pace, but had a beautiful outswinger. I just wonder if the selectors are capable of thinking outside of the box.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I was thinking more of some of the bowlers who have never really been given much of a chance. There were one or two like Umaid Asif who had a bit of height and bounce, but is probably over the hill now. I just think we tend to focus too much on speed with the likes of Naseem and especially Musa who is too short to ever be effective.

If you were around then you might recall Bob Woolmer started picking bowlers who were previously ignored like Rao Iftikhar who was medium pace, but had a beautiful outswinger. I just wonder if the selectors are capable of thinking outside of the box.
    Absolutely. I also think it is important for any team to have variety rather than all bowlers who bowl upto 150 kph. Shoaib, Amir and Asif is a classic example. One is an out and out fast bowler. Second is left arm seamer who brings a different angle and the third is a swing bowler who is the most skilled of them all. Also think of Starc - Cummins - Hazlewood. An enforcer, a maverick and a workhorse. We have the bowlers in our domestic but we need to bring them into the national fold at the right time. Naseem, Musa, etc are too raw. Only Shaheen is currently an international level pacer.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The more they talk about Amir, the more he will think that he is indispensable.

They need to get him out of their system at the moment, instead of talking about him and his absence.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The more they talk about Amir, the more he will think that he is indispensable.

They need to get him out of their system at the moment, instead of talking about him and his absence.
    There is no indispensability. Amir has been irrelevant since the 2017 CT final. The PCB and the media is not begging for his recall, his performances by and large have not been good enough and the PCB is now treating him along the lines of Rahat Ali, Junaid Khan etc