Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Test series records of Asian teams in SENA in last 10 years

    So I was looking at Asian teams records in SENA in last 10 years (since 2011)

    As it turns out Sri Lanka has the most number of series wins in SENA in this period. Records are as follows.

    Sri Lanka
    Series Played 12
    Series Won 2
    Series Drawn 0
    Series Lost 10

    India
    Series Played 10
    Series Won 1
    Series Drawn 0
    Series Lost 9

    Pakistan
    Series Played 10
    Series Won 1
    Series Drawn 2
    Series Lost 7

    So Sri Lanka has the most number of series wins but they have the most number of losses as well.

    Pakistan have the least number of series losses.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,319
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India had the potential to do much better especially considering that in the last 2-3 years the team has had their greatest fast bowling attack ever by far, but thanks to the brainless leadership cohort of Kohli and Shastri, they've squandered the opportunity to truly make it India's golden generation.

    Already under a level headed competent individual like Rahane, you see Team India doing far better overseas despite losing half the team to injuries.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol fer, shocking record by the so called Indian dominance

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    India had the potential to do much better especially considering that in the last 2-3 years the team has had their greatest fast bowling attack ever by far, but thanks to the brainless leadership cohort of Kohli and Shastri, they've squandered the opportunity to truly make it India's golden generation.

    Already under a level headed competent individual like Rahane, you see Team India doing far better overseas despite losing half the team to injuries.
    Agree , rahanes calming influence would definitely get the best out of the Indian line up.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India became the first Asian team to win a test series in Australia in 2019. After their series in Australia the last thing left unachieved is a test series win in South Africa.

    Sri Lanka became the first Asian team to win a test series in South Africa in 2019 and won in England in 2014.

    Pakistan won in NZ in 2011 and drew in England in both 2016 and 2018.

    Even though Pakistan was the only Asian team to win a series in NZ in the last decade I would swap that for a historical series win in Australia or South Africa since those are the last 2 things Pakistan is left to achieve in cricket.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    India had the potential to do much better especially considering that in the last 2-3 years the team has had their greatest fast bowling attack ever by far, but thanks to the brainless leadership cohort of Kohli and Shastri, they've squandered the opportunity to truly make it India's golden generation.

    Already under a level headed competent individual like Rahane, you see Team India doing far better overseas despite losing half the team to injuries.
    Yeah, India should really do better than Pakistan and Sri Lanka in SENA, given the resources they have at their disposal. I do agree that under Rahane they will do better in SENA. Let's see how India do in England and South Africa later this year.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    India became the first Asian team to win a test series in Australia in 2019. After their series in Australia the last thing left unachieved is a test series win in South Africa.

    Sri Lanka became the first Asian team to win a test series in South Africa in 2019 and won in England in 2014.

    Pakistan won in NZ in 2011 and drew in England in both 2016 and 2018.

    Even though Pakistan was the only Asian team to win a series in NZ in the last decade I would swap that for a historical series win in Australia or South Africa since those are the last 2 things Pakistan is left to achieve in cricket.
    When do you see, Pakistan winning in Aus and SA? I think Pak can manage it in SA in the next decade but in Aus, it will take a long time.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,016
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I (and others) have mentioned this to OP many times but he does not seems to understand.

    Series wins does not give an accurate picture because no. of matches in every series varies. For example, SL won the 2 match test series in Eng (1-0). India toured next and was exactly 1-0 after 2 tests but lost last 3 games and lost the series.

    We need to consider how many matches being played and the win %

    Matches in SENA in last 10 years:

    India
    Total matches - 38
    Win - 6
    Loss - 25
    Draw - 7
    Win% - 0.24

    Pakistan
    Total matches - 25
    Win - 3
    Loss - 19
    Draw - 3
    Win% - 0.15

    Srilanka
    Total matches - 29
    Win - 4
    Loss - 20
    Draw - 5
    Win% - 0.2

    India has been easily the best test team whether its at home or SENA.

    We can twist the stats anyway we want but it wont change the reality unfortunately.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    168
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India had drawn a test series (1-1) in SAF in Jan 2011. It has not been included in the stats by OP.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    2,025
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Think I (and others) have mentioned this to OP many times but he does not seems to understand.

    Series wins does not give an accurate picture because no. of matches in every series varies. For example, SL won the 2 match test series in Eng (1-0). India toured next and was exactly 1-0 after 2 tests but lost last 3 games and lost the series.

    We need to consider how many matches being played and the win %

    Matches in SENA in last 10 years:

    India
    Total matches - 38
    Win - 6
    Loss - 25
    Draw - 7
    Win% - 0.24

    Pakistan
    Total matches - 25
    Win - 3
    Loss - 19
    Draw - 3
    Win% - 0.15

    Srilanka
    Total matches - 29
    Win - 4
    Loss - 20
    Draw - 5
    Win% - 0.2

    India has been easily the best test team whether its at home or SENA.

    We can twist the stats anyway we want but it wont change the reality unfortunately.
    This analysis makes much more sense. Thanks for sharing.

    Clearly India is ahead but they've also played more games (38 vs 25 by PAK and 29 by SL). If Pak had played 10 more games and won in 2, they would have been ahead of India in the win% analysis.
    Yet Pak are ranked way down below India in the ICC rankings.

    Advantage India then, but only just.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Think I (and others) have mentioned this to OP many times but he does not seems to understand.

    Series wins does not give an accurate picture because no. of matches in every series varies. For example, SL won the 2 match test series in Eng (1-0). India toured next and was exactly 1-0 after 2 tests but lost last 3 games and lost the series.

    We need to consider how many matches being played and the win %

    Matches in SENA in last 10 years:

    India
    Total matches - 38
    Win - 6
    Loss - 25
    Draw - 7
    Win% - 0.24

    Pakistan
    Total matches - 25
    Win - 3
    Loss - 19
    Draw - 3
    Win% - 0.15

    Srilanka
    Total matches - 29
    Win - 4
    Loss - 20
    Draw - 5
    Win% - 0.2

    India has been easily the best test team whether its at home or SENA.

    We can twist the stats anyway we want but it wont change the reality unfortunately.
    Pakistan has 4 test wins in SENA from 1 Jan 2011 and 6 wins from 1 Jan 2010.

    Your stats exclude the test Pakistan won in NZ starting on 7 Jan 2011 even though the series ended on 19 Jan 2011 so the series counts within the last 10 years .


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    India had drawn a test series (1-1) in SAF in Jan 2011. It has not been included in the stats by OP.
    That series ended on 6 Jan 2011 so technically it doesn't count within the last 10 years.

    Pakistan won in NZ starting on 7 Jan 2011 even though the series ended on 19 Jan 2011 so the series counts within the last 10 years at least for the next 5 days but the match technically doesn't count within the last 10 years if you go on statsguru.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,016
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Pakistan has 4 test wins in SENA from 1 Jan 2011 and 6 wins from 1 Jan 2010.

    Your stats exclude the test Pakistan won in NZ starting on 7 Jan 2011 even though the series ended on 19 Jan 2011 so the series counts within the last 10 years .
    I just took the stats from cricinfo of India, Pakistan & Srilanka test wins in SENA with the filter last of 10 years. Maybe you can also have a look yourself?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Pakistan has 4 test wins in SENA from 1 Jan 2011 and 6 wins from 1 Jan 2010.

    Your stats exclude the test Pakistan won in NZ starting on 7 Jan 2011 even though the series ended on 19 Jan 2011 so the series counts within the last 10 years .
    Yes, he doesn't see that he is the one doing the twisting here

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,016
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    This analysis makes much more sense. Thanks for sharing.

    Clearly India is ahead but they've also played more games (38 vs 25 by PAK and 29 by SL). If Pak had played 10 more games and won in 2, they would have been ahead of India in the win% analysis.
    Yet Pak are ranked way down below India in the ICC rankings.

    Advantage India then, but only just.
    It could have gone other way too. If Pakistan played more games...they could have lost more as well, correct no? So these ifs and buts makes little sense as we have to go by what we have.

    As I said many times before, no manupulation of stats or data can convince me that India is not the best test team from asia. Lol
    Last edited by Rajdeep; 14th January 2021 at 17:17.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    India had the potential to do much better especially considering that in the last 2-3 years the team has had their greatest fast bowling attack ever by far, but thanks to the brainless leadership cohort of Kohli and Shastri, they've squandered the opportunity to truly make it India's golden generation.

    Already under a level headed competent individual like Rahane, you see Team India doing far better overseas despite losing half the team to injuries.
    I think that the leadership wasn't the main issue, it was also the fact that the top order was always shifting here and there until recently, and even recently, the openers are not consistent. The bowling overseas has always been good but it's the top order, specifically the openers, which have let India down over the last few years.

    Rahane's leadership is not the sole cause of India's victories overseas, it's also because of the fact that India is playing very smart cricket. They've adapted well to the conditions, and most people underestimate the value of being able to adapt to conditions outside Asia. When Pakistan went to England and played however many practice matches, we adapted and were able to challenge England in the first match which we should have won.

    It also has to do with the fact that most of the players on the team who have performed well this series have been to Australia a few times, and so they know what to expect in the batting. The bowling has been impressive, given that this is the first time the likes of Saini, Siraj have played in foreign conditions.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    India had drawn a test series (1-1) in SAF in Jan 2011. It has not been included in the stats by OP.
    Not in the last 10 years. That series started in Dec 2010 and finished on 6th Jan 2011.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,329
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still has so much to achieve in SENA.
    Our series record over a period of 10 years is no doubt atrocious for a top team.
    Dhoni messed up big time from 2011-2015 through his ultra cautious approach.
    Kohli did relatively better and also groomed a battery of fast bowlers and started winning overseas test more regularly. Still, Kohli/Shahstri made glaring mistakes which costs atleast 3 overseas win.
    BUT the future looks good for start of new decade. We are sure we will fix this record in 2021-2025 cycle to start with.

    Few more points:
    1) We played NZ ( twice in 10 year) and SA ( twice in 10 years) for a 2/3 match series. Too little for me. Our best also come in 2010/11 ( not included in OP data) where we won 1-0 against NZ and drew 1-1 vs SA.
    2) We played 4 /5 match series against Aus/Eng thrice in 10 years. Good amount of cricket but too much for me. A 3 match overseas series for India makes much more sense.

    vs NZ
    lost 0-1 (2) 2013/14
    lost 2-0 (2) 2019/20

    vs SA
    lost 0-1 (2) 2013/14
    lost 1-2 (3) 2017/18

    vs Eng
    lost 0-4(4) 2011
    lost 1-3(5) 2014
    lost 1-4(5) 2018

    vs Aus
    lost 0-4(4) 2011/12
    lost 0-2(4) 2014/15
    won 2-1(4) 2018/19

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    We still has so much to achieve in SENA.
    Our series record over a period of 10 years is no doubt atrocious for a top team.
    Dhoni messed up big time from 2011-2015 through his ultra cautious approach.
    Kohli did relatively better and also groomed a battery of fast bowlers and started winning overseas test more regularly. Still, Kohli/Shahstri made glaring mistakes which costs atleast 3 overseas win.
    BUT the future looks good for start of new decade. We are sure we will fix this record in 2021-2025 cycle to start with.

    Few more points:
    1) We played NZ ( twice in 10 year) and SA ( twice in 10 years) for a 2/3 match series. Too little for me. Our best also come in 2010/11 ( not included in OP data) where we won 1-0 against NZ and drew 1-1 vs SA.
    2) We played 4 /5 match series against Aus/Eng thrice in 10 years. Good amount of cricket but too much for me. A 3 match overseas series for India makes much more sense.

    vs NZ
    lost 0-1 (2) 2013/14
    lost 2-0 (2) 2019/20

    vs SA
    lost 0-1 (2) 2013/14
    lost 1-2 (3) 2017/18

    vs Eng
    lost 0-4(4) 2011
    lost 1-3(5) 2014
    lost 1-4(5) 2018

    vs Aus
    lost 0-4(4) 2011/12
    lost 0-2(4) 2014/15
    won 2-1(4) 2018/19
    India won in NZL in 2009 not 2010-11. Also the SA series in 2010-11 started in Dec 2010 and finished on 6th Jan 2011, so not in the last 10 years.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    When do you see, Pakistan winning in Aus and SA? I think Pak can manage it in SA in the next decade but in Aus, it will take a long time.
    Pakistan first needs to regain the ability to take 20 wickets in SENA. Pakistan was unable to win the first test against England last year for the same reason.

    Pakistani batsmen have always struggled playing bounce in these condtions but since the 3rd test against South Africa in 2019 we've been unable to take 20 wickets in SENA. That also happens to be Amir's last test for Pakistan as well as Sarfaraz's last test as captain. Maybe not just a coincidence.

    You never know Pakistan may just win their next series in South Africa and Australia if the stars align like they did for Sri Lanka in South Africa in 2019 or for Pakistan in the Champions Trophy. But that's wishful thinking.

    We need seasoned pacers suited to these conditions we can't just pick kids like Naseem and Musa and expect them to work a miracle. Shaheen and Hasan once he's back are the only bowlers who fit the mould at the moment.

    The batting needs one more batsmen to accompany Babar and Rizwan who can play bounce with positive intent without being reckless. Currently we manage to always play around 90-100 overs but only make 200-250 runs because we don't utilise the 30-80th over period against the kookaburra.

    If Babar can start scoring big hundreds and Shaheen can start getting regular fifers we can pull off an upset if we manage to hold onto our catches. Hoping for the best but not expecting too much in the not so distant future


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    347
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    I just took the stats from cricinfo of India, Pakistan & Srilanka test wins in SENA with the filter last of 10 years. Maybe you can also have a look yourself?
    Pakistan won in NZ starting on 7 Jan 2011 even though the series ended on 19 Jan 2011 so the series counts within the last 10 years at least for the next 5 days but the match technically doesn't count within the last 10 years if you go on statsguru.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Pakistan first needs to regain the ability to take 20 wickets in SENA. Pakistan was unable to win the first test against England last year for the same reason.

    Pakistani batsmen have always struggled playing bounce in these condtions but since the 3rd test against South Africa in 2019 we've been unable to take 20 wickets in SENA. That also happens to be Amir's last test for Pakistan as well as Sarfaraz's last test as captain. Maybe not just a coincidence.

    You never know Pakistan may just win their next series in South Africa and Australia if the stars align like they did for Sri Lanka in South Africa in 2019 or for Pakistan in the Champions Trophy. But that's wishful thinking.

    We need seasoned pacers suited to these conditions we can't just pick kids like Naseem and Musa and expect them to work a miracle. Shaheen and Hasan once he's back are the only bowlers who fit the mould at the moment.

    The batting needs one more batsmen to accompany Babar and Rizwan who can play bounce with positive intent without being reckless. Currently we manage to always play around 90-100 overs but only make 200-250 runs because we don't utilise the 30-80th over period against the kookaburra.

    If Babar can start scoring big hundreds and Shaheen can start getting regular fifers we can pull off an upset if we manage to hold onto our catches. Hoping for the best but not expecting too much in the not so distant future
    Good post, I agree. Overall Pakistan have the best series record in SENA. They have 10 series wins in SENA compared to India's 6 series wins and Sri Lanka's 4 series wins. But Pak needs to win in SA and Aus.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,513
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's win came against a joke of a NZ side...

    India's win was against an Aussie team with a joke of a batting lineup.

    Sri Lanka's win in England was breathtaking (both games went to the wire) but nothing too special as it waa 2 game rubber....but their win in South Africa was an astonishing feat.

    Series wins in order of merit...

    1. Sri Lanka's win in South Africa 2019

    2. India's win in Australia 2019

    3. Sri Lanka's win in England 2014.

    4. Pakistan's win in New Zealand 2011.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    4,741
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    So I was looking at Asian teams records in SENA in last 10 years (since 2011)

    As it turns out Sri Lanka has the most number of series wins in SENA in this period. Records are as follows.

    Sri Lanka
    Series Played 12
    Series Won 2
    Series Drawn 0
    Series Lost 10

    India
    Series Played 10
    Series Won 1
    Series Drawn 0
    Series Lost 9

    Pakistan
    Series Played 10
    Series Won 1
    Series Drawn 2
    Series Lost 7

    So Sri Lanka has the most number of series wins but they have the most number of losses as well.

    Pakistan have the least number of series losses.
    But but but... I was told this Indian side was better than the great WIs and Aussies...

    Just because Pakistan struggled last 15 years doesn't mean India went on conquering whole world

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    This analysis makes much more sense. Thanks for sharing.

    Clearly India is ahead but they've also played more games (38 vs 25 by PAK and 29 by SL). If Pak had played 10 more games and won in 2, they would have been ahead of India in the win% analysis.
    Yet Pak are ranked way down below India in the ICC rankings.

    Advantage India then, but only just.
    If you take from 1 Jan 2010, then its not advantage India at all.

    Since 1 Jan 2010

    India
    Matches played 41
    Matches Won 7
    Matches drawn 8
    Matches lost 26
    Win Percentage 17.07 %

    Pakistan
    Matches played 34
    Matches Won 6
    Matches drawn 3
    Matches lost 25
    Win percentage 17.6 %

    So Pakistan is slightly ahead if you take from 1 Jan 2010. Below is the link.

    https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...ults;type=team

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Pakistan's win came against a joke of a NZ side...

    India's win was against an Aussie team with a joke of a batting lineup.

    Sri Lanka's win in England was breathtaking (both games went to the wire) but nothing too special as it waa 2 game rubber....but their win in South Africa was an astonishing feat.

    Series wins in order of merit...

    1. Sri Lanka's win in South Africa 2019

    2. India's win in Australia 2019

    3. Sri Lanka's win in England 2014.

    4. Pakistan's win in New Zealand 2011.
    I agree with your list, but Pakistan also have 2 drawn series in England, while India and Sri Lanka haven't drawn any series in SENA in the last 10 years.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    If you take from 1 Jan 2010, then its not advantage India at all.

    Since 1 Jan 2010

    India
    Matches played 41
    Matches Won 7
    Matches drawn 8
    Matches lost 26
    Win Percentage 17.07 %

    Pakistan
    Matches played 34
    Matches Won 6
    Matches drawn 3
    Matches lost 25
    Win percentage 17.6 %

    So Pakistan is slightly ahead if you take from 1 Jan 2010. Below is the link.

    https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...ults;type=team
    Good catch, So in the last 11 years Pak is ahead in SENA, but since 2000, India have a slight advantage over Pak in SENA.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Pakistan's win came against a joke of a NZ side...

    India's win was against an Aussie team with a joke of a batting lineup.

    Sri Lanka's win in England was breathtaking (both games went to the wire) but nothing too special as it waa 2 game rubber....but their win in South Africa was an astonishing feat.

    Series wins in order of merit...

    1. Sri Lanka's win in South Africa 2019

    2. India's win in Australia 2019

    3. Sri Lanka's win in England 2014.

    4. Pakistan's win in New Zealand 2011.
    That wasn't a joke NZ side tbh. Williamson,Southee, MCcullum, Chris Martin and Daniel Vettori were part of that team. Same team drew a series in Australia later in the year.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,513
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    I agree with your list, but Pakistan also have 2 drawn series in England, while India and Sri Lanka haven't drawn any series in SENA in the last 10 years.
    Well India did draw a series in South Africa against an ATG side in 2011 so it all depends on what filter you're using. I'll rate that draw higher than Pakistan's draws in England.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Well India did draw a series in South Africa against an ATG side in 2011 so it all depends on what filter you're using. I'll rate that draw higher than Pakistan's draws in England.
    Pakistan's 2-2 draw in England in 2016 was better than SL's series win in England IMO.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,513
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    That wasn't a joke NZ side tbh. Williamson,Southee, MCcullum, Chris Martin and Daniel Vettori were part of that team. Same team drew a series in Australia later in the year.

    They took advantage of a transitioning Aussie team in a short 2 match series so credit to them but they were still a mediocre Test side back then. Williamson and Southee were far far away from their peak and Vettori was an average Test spinner at best. Chris Martin lol...


    They were clean swept at home against the same Aussie team the previous year and almost lost a test to Zimbabwe defending 350+ in the 4th innings. They started becoming a formidable Test unit only when Bazz took over in 2014.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,513
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    Pakistan's 2-2 draw in England in 2016 was better than SL's series win in England IMO.
    Most definitely is. Drawing a 4 match series is much much tougher than winning a 2 game series in foreign conditions especially when chances of draws are tiny.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    They took advantage of a transitioning Aussie team in a short 2 match series so credit to them but they were still a mediocre Test side back then. Williamson and Southee were far far away from their peak and Vettori was an average Test spinner at best. Chris Martin lol...


    They were clean swept at home against the same Aussie team the previous year
    and almost lost a test to Zimbabwe defending 350+ in the 4th innings. They started becoming a formidable Test unit only when Bazz took over in 2014.
    Even NZ under Bazz was whitewashed at home by the Aussies in 2016. Australia hasn't lost a test match in NZ since 2000. And Chris Martin and Vettori were decent bowlers by NZ standards. India also beat a similar NZ team in 2009 in NZ.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,487
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan fans will do anything to defend our rubbish record in SENA.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,588
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Pakistan fans will do anything to defend our rubbish record in SENA.
    Its been 2 years since Pakistan took 20 wickets in a test match in SENA.

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    3,010
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2011-14 was a dark era for Indian test cricket with Dhoni/CSK mafia running the show. 0-8 humiliation, more losses in Eng, SA, NZ, Aus.

    Kohli era has been way better but still we have underachieved.

    1-4 in Eng
    0-2 in NZ
    1-2 in SA
    3-2 in Aus

    This year is a great opportunity for our team to correct the record in SA and Eng.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,487
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Its been 2 years since Pakistan took 20 wickets in a test match in SENA.
    Not even shocked.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Pakistan fans will do anything to defend our rubbish record in SENA.
    Pakistan's record isn't any more rubbish than India's. India lost 9 out of 10 series, Pakistan 7 out of 10.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,487
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    Pakistan's record isn't any more rubbish than India's. India lost 9 out of 10 series, Pakistan 7 out of 10.
    What trophy is awarded for that?

    It is very likely these numbers will change in the future with Indias improving and Pakistans numbers getting worse.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •