Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Sky Sports signs 3-year deal to show Pakistan's home series and PSL

Sky Sports has signed a 3-year deal to show all Pakistan's home series starting from the upcoming series against South Africa. Sky will also show the next 3 editions of the Pakistan Super League starting with the 2021 edition.
    Last edited by Saj; 16th January 2021 at 03:14.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is why 2 of my threads were deleted ��

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news nonetheless

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't find anything in their website confirming this.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawud View Post
    So this is why 2 of my threads were deleted ��
    I prefer to get the information from official sources.

I asked my contact at Sky and he provided me with the relevant details.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news. Makes sense with the amount of Pakistani in the UK.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    So this starts with the home series against South Africa.

The deal also covers the 2021, 2022 and 2023 PSLs.

In addition it covers the 2 T20s v England in October in Karachi.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guldozer View Post
    I would trust Saj bhai. If you have the sky sports app it does show on the cricket section on live on sky option, the time and channel the first test will be shown.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much needed exposure for the PSL and also for Pakistan cricket in general.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA series are on their schedule.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Wasim frickin' Khan.

He's done more for Pakistan cricket in 2 years than the status quo mafia did in decades.

Slap on the face of the shameless Najam Sethi supporters whose hero drained the PCB coffers on useless legal battles and whose cronies filled their own pockets.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim khan zindabad

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm quicker than their website

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Saj bhai what are the financials of the deal? Whatís it worth?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we see Nas and Athers commentating?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As posters have already mention, I'm sure Wasim Khans experience of working in England helped here.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SubhanAllah

Another triumph for Wasim Khan. Thankyou PCB and Sky Sports for this experience!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Saj bhai what are the financials of the deal? What’s it worth?
    Well even PCB hasn't confirmed this yet, so the details will follow.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    They will for the England series in October.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent stuff! Would be interested to know the financials of this deal.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaps its time.to say bale bale i think

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Only for the England series. Sky'll probably just carry the PCB's feed. Miles better of course than watching a second rate Asian channel.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Only for the England series. Sky'll probably just carry the PCB's feed. Miles better of course than watching a second rate Asian channel.
    Most definitely they will use the super sport feed just like they do for the South Africa home matches. I hope PCB have the 4K high resolution cameras and production staff available!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    When is the PCB going to sign its International Broadcast deal? Last i heard in the absence of an India series, the Super Sports people offered the PCB $25 million for 5 years whereas the last Sports deal was $60 million for 5 years and the additional $90 million was dependent on the PCB Hosting India.

If the PCB is claiming it can make $200 in 3 years from the PTV deal for its domestic cricket, home series in Pakistan then surely the PCB will have a much better bargaining position for its international games?

Also the PSL $36 million broadcast deal expires in 2022, hopefully the PCB will be able to get a much bigger deal for it later on as well.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Excellent stuff! Would be interested to know the financials of this deal.
    We still don't know what the Supersport deal is worth. I'd be interested to see the figures but a welcome boost to PCB's broadcast revenues in a pandemic market.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is really good news, well done WK. Justified his salary already

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís confirmed on their website where they list upcoming live matches on sky sports cricket

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky actually bought Pakistan rights back in 1999 / 2000 around then but didnít continue after 9/11.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confirmed? i am going to get Sky just for that . lol

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is simply amazing news!!!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty sensible length of deal too. 3 years provides good certainty for all stakeholders, sponsors, investors, players, coaches etc of PSL to allow planning for growth & medium term.

Provides stable funds during a pretty difficult time for cricket & world sport in general.

BUT he didn't make the mistake of locking into a long term deal during a flat financial time when offers will be lower. Ready to come to market again once the world is back into normal.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that big deal tbh. Sky Sports shows IPL, Carribean league and even Srilanka premier league. So its not that surprising that they decided to show league cricket from a team like Pakistan which has a massive following in UK.

Also, BT Sports has already took away large amount of cricket and other sports from Sky. Live matches from NZ, Aust etc are no longer with Sky and they are desperate for some live cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Its not that big deal tbh. Sky Sports shows IPL, Carribean league and even Srilanka premier league. So its not that surprising that they decided to show league cricket from a team like Pakistan which has a massive following in UK.

Also, BT Sports has already took away large amount of cricket and other sports from Sky. Live matches from NZ, Aust etc are no longer with Sky and they are desperate for some live cricket.
    It is a big deal because UK pakistan fans who can afford to watch our team with proper broadcasting were sick and tired of PTV and Hum Masala. We don’t deserve this garbage broadcast considering we are willing to pay good money for a proper, HD broadcast.

Also the exposure that the PSL will receive now will be amazing.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    It is a big deal because UK pakistan fans who can afford to watch our team with proper broadcasting were sick and tired of PTV and Hum Masala. We donít deserve this garbage broadcast considering we are willing to pay good money for a proper, HD broadcast.

Also the exposure that the PSL will receive now will be amazing.
    How big do you reckon this market is? I doubt most second or third-gen British Pakistanis (basically the kids and grandkids) follow cricket?

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a big deal because before this and the sunsport deal, the PCB had zero international deals. TV sponsorship deals are the revenue bedrock for all sporting bodies, because based on viewership figures, they allow you to get kit sponsorship and other endorsement deals.

Pakistan, due to not playing India, has been locked out of the larger cricket economy for a good decade. Things such as these tv revenue streams can help bridge some of that gap.

Also, given the current administration's stronger ethics, the funds won't be squandered like they were with previous PCB administrations, but may actually be invested back into Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How big do you reckon this market is? I doubt most second or third-gen British Pakistanis (basically the kids and grandkids) follow cricket?
    I can tell you they still do.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket is still big in the north of England. Plus, success (InshAllah InshAllah) will attract further British Pakistani attention. Also, the political climate in England is currently very jingoistic such that , aside from Premier League football, the one thing that British Pakistani kids can identify with is the PCT.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a massive market actually. Very underrated. There are plenty of the freeloader type who would watch Pakistan cricket on pirate or the free to view channels, and they will not pay the extra money to buy the legal broadcasting feed such as Sky and BT.

But Pakistan cricket is a massive draw, and a very entertaining team to follow for the British Pakistani community here especially because of the drama that is surrounding this team. Following India and Pakistan is like following Barcelona and Real Madrid amongst the British Asian community I recon. Plus the English audience also love the rivalry with both Asian sides as well.

Pakistan are a vibe bro, don’t let a couple of haters on this forum let make you feel otherwise.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    Cricket is still big in the north of England. Plus, success (InshAllah InshAllah) will attract further British Pakistani attention. Also, the political climate in England is currently very jingoistic such that , aside from Premier League football, the one thing that British Pakistani kids can identify with is the PCT.
    All of Watford, all of Luton are green Army.

East London (Walthamstow) is green army also

Southall is mixed Green/Bleed blue

Richmond is Imran Khan Town ;)

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I can tell you they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    It is a massive market actually. Very underrated. There are plenty of the freeloader type who would watch Pakistan cricket on pirate or the free to view channels, and they will not pay the extra money to buy the legal broadcasting feed such as Sky and BT.

But Pakistan cricket is a massive draw, and a very entertaining team to follow for the British Pakistani community here especially because of the drama that is surrounding this team. Following India and Pakistan is like following Barcelona and Real Madrid amongst the British Asian community I recon. Plus the English audience also love the rivalry with both Asian sides as well.

Pakistan are a vibe bro, donít let a couple of haters on this forum let make you feel otherwise.

Thatís good to know. Almost find it hard to believe given our string of performances but the days we occasionally turn up must sustain the hype.

Is the interest enough to carry over into PSL views or is it mostly focused on international cricket?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s good to know. Almost find it hard to believe given our string of performances but the days we occasionally turn up must sustain the hype.

Is the interest enough to carry over into PSL views or is it mostly focused on international cricket?
    Mate my very elderly parents will be glued to the box as will all my relatives, friends and their relatives...

My own kids are only half Pakistani but they always get into it when I'm watching as does my wife, whose not even Pakistani.

Don't worry, there is plenty of support here in England and trust me there'll be plenty of English fans who'll tune in just for the love of the game.

Finally, as much as they deny it, I can bet my bottom dollar that many many Indian folks here we'll be watching too.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That’s good to know. Almost find it hard to believe given our string of performances but the days we occasionally turn up must sustain the hype.

Tbh we have a lot to thank Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Inzimam Ul Haq, Saeed Anwar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq,That glamorous 90s-2000 team. Later on, Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan played some of the best innings by overseas Asian batsmen in England in 2005 (YK in 2016 also). These guys were household names and the England v Pakistan series were very captivating for the imagination for the British Pakistanis and The English also. Wasim and Waqar deserve a lot of credit actually because of they really did represent Pakistan cricket well in the 90s.

We are basically surviving as a massive draw because of those household names. It’s not an Alarming situation because the 2010 and 2017 ICC trophy wins in England have bought us some time until 2030, also the fact that England have not won a Test away to Pakistan since 2001 (I believe). But we can turn this around for sure as we have in the past.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Iíll be watching the TV for the first time since the PSL eliminator.

Goodbye Hum Tv😆

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tbh we have a lot to thank Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Inzimam Ul Haq, Saeed Anwar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq,That glamorous 90s-2000 team. Later on, Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan played some of the best innings by overseas Asian batsmen in England in 2005 (YK in 2016 also). These guys were household names and the England v Pakistan series were very captivating for the imagination for the British Pakistanis and The English also. Wasim and Waqar deserve a lot of credit actually because of they really did represent Pakistan cricket well in the 90s.

We are basically surviving as a massive draw because of those household names. It’s not an Alarming situation because the 2010 and 2017 ICC trophy wins in England have bought us some time until 2030, also the fact that England have not won a Test away to Pakistan since 2001 (I believe). But we can turn this around for sure as we have in the past.
    I envy those who watched the early 2000ís Pak ODI team at the grounds.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Doha, Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this include Sky Sport New Zealand?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    I envy those who watched the early 2000’s Pak ODI team at the grounds.
    I was too young and didn’t follow cricket back then but my Dad, Uncle and their mates were at most of these games.

My best memory of England v Pakistan live was when Shahid Afridi hit Graeme Swann for a six on the Roof of the Lords pavilion in 2010

And then Razzaq scored 40 runs in the last 2 overs of that innings

Love it when the Poms are suddenly floored out of nowhere against Pakistan

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Iíll be watching the TV for the first time since the PSL eliminator.

Goodbye Hum Tv😆
    Not Hum Tv....its Hum Masala

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Ilford, it bleeds green especially Ilford Lane after the 2017 Champions Trophy win!!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was too young and didn’t follow cricket back then but my Dad, Uncle and their mates were at most of these games.

My best memory of England v Pakistan live was when Shahid Afridi hit Graeme Swann for a six on the Roof of the Lords pavilion in 2010

And then Razzaq scored 40 runs in the last 2 overs of that innings

Love it when the Poms are suddenly floored out of nowhere against Pakistan
    Loved watching England v Pakistan on SKY, fondly remember the 2006 tour. The light green kit. Akhtar steaming in. Asif and his poetry in motion. The fans blowing the vuvuzela every time Afridi hit a 6.

Doesnít get any better than that.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, how could I forget that massive Hum Masala logo taking over half of the screen🤦🏻*♂️

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loved watching England v Pakistan on SKY, fondly remember the 2006 tour. The light green kit. Akhtar steaming in. Asif and his poetry in motion. The fans blowing the vuvuzela every time Afridi hit a 6.

Doesn’t get any better than that.
    The match at the Rose Bowl was epic. YK’s hundred!

I remember Kevin Pietersen was the Cristiano Ronaldo of cricket back then, he was massive with the British Public even those who didn’t watch cricket. And Asif made him his bunny in the summer of 2006! He was a gifted bowler man!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For British Asians football is the main sport but cricket is number two. There's very little interest in other sports e.g. rugby, tennis, golf so when football is out of season cricket is the natural choice. Vast majority support their home countries too.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Wasim Khan. Very good job by the PCB to secure such a deal. Honestly one of my dreams was to see PSL make it to Sky Sports. All these years on Hum Masala etc etc.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some great stories on this thread. Can see this deal means a lot to the British Pakistanis over here.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The match at the Rose Bowl was epic. YK’s hundred!

I remember Kevin Pietersen was the Cristiano Ronaldo of cricket back then, he was massive with the British Public even those who didn’t watch cricket. And Asif made him his bunny in the summer of 2006! He was a gifted bowler man!
    We need these kinds of badtameez characters in cricket!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Great news!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Ahmad15 View Post
    Does this include Sky Sport New Zealand?
    Sky Sport New Zealand is already covering Pak home cricket and PSL so I think it would continue ..

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Doha, Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Sky Sport New Zealand is already covering Pak home cricket and PSL so I think it would continue ..
    Oh, I didn't know that and that's probably because I stopped watching cricket the whole of last year

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Wow. This after the squad Wasim selected yesterday.

Ladies, gents, and haters. I hate to break it to you, but the golden era of Pakistan cricket that we've all been waiting for is finally here.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all due to Wasim Khan. Pakistani fans have thrown enough rubbish at the guy for no reason. He may have not made all the right decisions but he’s slowly building the structure we needed badly. Shame on all the stupid fans who think he’s there collecting a fat pay check. Had he stayed in England he’d be making far more with an even more comfortable life. Hard pill to swallow for ppl living in Pakistan because they have no idea about quality of life.
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th January 2021 at 11:10.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the Misbah-Waqar blunder, Wasim has been very good.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Apart from the Misbah-Waqar blunder, Wasim has been very good.
    That wasn't him it came straight from pm house, he wanted misbah and waqar

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    This is all due to Wasim Khan. Pakistani fans have thrown enough rubbish at the guy for no reason. He may have not made all the right decisions but he’s slowly building the structure we needed badly. Shame on all the stupid fans who think he’s there collecting a fat pay check. Had he stayed in England he’d be making far more with an even more comfortable life. Hard pill to swallow for ppl living in Pakistan because they have no idea about quality of life.
    The quality of life in Pakistan based on the salary Wasim is receiving is significantly better than the lifestyle he'd be able to afford on the equivalent compensation in the UK. Comments such as these reflect the ignorance of folks who have never experienced a good lifestyle in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i have already bought 2020 tickets in manchester in July and we are in a pandemic !!!!

Just shows how us Brits love our Pak cricket

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan and Saj bhai

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    More adverts than actual coverage.

Poor picture quality.

Horrible product.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'd been pushing the guys at Sky Sports for a while to get this deal sorted and finally they've done it.

I think the fact that Wasim Khan is at PCB has made a difference.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Sky Sport NZ and Sky Sports UK are 2 different companies completely. Just have sky in their name but nothing to do with the other.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done. Thatís great. Hope they extend the deal much longer than 3 years. Please push them more☺️

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    This is massive really, thing is while Pakistan have a huge British Pak following in the UK they are also the most popular / entertaining touring team for England fans to so the exposure will be great. Iíve been looking forward to such a deal for a while, would have liked BT to have competed with sky as I already have the app but given Wasimís ties with ECB/Sky this was more probable. Will be getting the NOW TV monthly pass for when Pakistan play, am sure all in the UK and those already subscribed to sky will be thrilled. Great stuff from Wasim/PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd been pushing the guys at Sky Sports for a while to get this deal sorted and finally they've done it.

I think the fact that Wasim Khan is at PCB has made a difference.
    Fantastic news.
    The coverage from the Asian channels is worse than awful. Dreadful adverts from fast food chicken outlets at the end (and sometimes during) every over.
    Thanks for the continued pressure Saj ó as you know there will be a large amount of interest from Pakistani fans based in the U.K.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Wasim frickin' Khan.

He's done more for Pakistan cricket in 2 years than the status quo mafia did in decades.

Slap on the face of the shameless Najam Sethi supporters whose hero drained the PCB coffers on useless legal battles and whose cronies filled their own pockets.
    Sethi deserves credit for getting things done as well. Sethi's biggest asset was he knew how the Pakistani system and mindset works and he knew how to work around it.

Wasim and Mani aren't as cunning and often get mislead which often causes delays but they're beginning to learn how to deal with the rot.

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news for fans in the UK, must be a filler though as Pakistan cricket and PSL are low quality garbage. Both need to up their game to ensure Sky do not regret their decision.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Sethi deserves credit for getting things done as well. Sethi's biggest asset was he knew how the Pakistani system and mindset works and he knew how to work around it.

Wasim and Mani aren't as cunning and often get mislead which often causes delays but they're beginning to learn how to deal with the rot.
    and to Sethi's credit he was never caught with his hand in till..
    Or was he?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Great news for fans in the UK, must be a filler though as Pakistan cricket and PSL are low quality garbage. Both need to up their game to ensure Sky do not regret their decision.
    You're right though. It's a good chance to showcase our cricket and to show people we can put up a good show.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Sky have been showing LPL, womenís cricket, and other crap, thereís no way the PSL quality can be lower than that. Besides, with English cricketers like Hales and Banton playing in the PSL, youíll get lots of interest from non Pakistaniís.

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sky have been showing LPL, women’s cricket, and other crap, there’s no way the PSL quality can be lower than that. Besides, with English cricketers like Hales and Banton playing in the PSL, you’ll get lots of interest from non Pakistani’s.
    Sky are notorious at moving IPL+non English cricket matches to Sky sports mix which isn’t a HD channel if England Women’s are playing a live match.

This is annoying

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sky are notorious at moving IPL+non English cricket matches to Sky sports mix which isn’t a HD channel if England Women’s are playing a live match.

This is annoying
    Yeah I just noticed that.

IIRC, the Sri Lankan premier league was on the Sky Cricket channel