Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 505
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,447
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Australia end Day 3 of the final Test on 21/0, a lead of 54 runs after bowling out India on 336

    Earlier start tomorrow: 10:30am AEDT/9:30am local/5:00am IST




    Can India survive Day 3 and take the game to Australia?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    2,021
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope India survives. We need big ones from Mayank and Rahane.
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th January 2021 at 00:55.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    16,940
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A big knock from Rahane here will seal him the man of the series award.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians have consistently punched above their weight in this series. I did not expect 5 new bowlers to bowl Aus in their home without conceding 500+ runs. If Indian batsmen can go big then they can save this test.

    I still think Aus should win this.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hope Pujara bat whole day even if he scores just 60-70 runs. And a 50 each from Rahane , Mayank & Pant

    Need to bat out tomorrow to have a chance to draw this test

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    191
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunder will surprise us in one of his batting innings.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    117
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia should win this...which I've been saying since the MCG test, but India keeps on doing what no one expects!

    On paper this match should have been a farce - the available Indian bowling attack should have struggled against a prime minister's XI, but once again they have outdone themselves to get a full strength Aussie lineup below 400 on a decent batting pitch.

    Cummins will be the key, if they can survive his spells and not lose wickets in a heap, this match may just end up in a draw (which will be an extraordinary achievement for this team). I back Aussies to win though.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydratedTurnip View Post
    Australia should win this...which I've been saying since the MCG test, but India keeps on doing what no one expects!

    On paper this match should have been a farce - the available Indian bowling attack should have struggled against a prime minister's XI, but once again they have outdone themselves to get a full strength Aussie lineup below 400 on a decent batting pitch.

    Cummins will be the key, if they can survive his spells and not lose wickets in a heap, this match may just end up in a draw (which will be an extraordinary achievement for this team). I back Aussies to win though.
    I don't think Indian net bowlers will be able to stop Aus from scoring quick 200 runs in 2nd inning. The last inning is normally hard to bat in this venue. Aus should take this.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    16,940
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There will be some rain on Day 4 and Day 5 as well.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    There will be some rain on Day 4 and Day 5 as well.
    If Aussies knock india over today, they will force a result.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    16,940
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    If Aussies knock india over today, they will force a result.
    Not necessarily. Forecast is similar on Day 4 and Day 5 as it was today. So, if we lose third session on both the days, then Australia will have to bat tomorrow and India will only have to survive two sessions on Day 5 wicket.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,670
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The forecast looks good today but there is rain on the last 2 days. Barring a collapse today they should be able to draw this.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about instead of this predicament of the match, Indian batting should bat well and post 400 here to draw this match.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw in the highlights, what was that shot by Rohit Sharma completely irresponsible behaviour from him.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,497
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natarajan already tattooed up with little bit of IPL fame. Players from Subcontinent start losing their mind with little bit of fame.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    324
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the Aussies being ahead I find their batting a concern and the form of Warner. They see to rely mainly on Smith and Marcus Lab and if they donít perform not much else.
    India doesnít even have their main bowling line up and still Aussies canít get past 400.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Despite the Aussies being ahead I find their batting a concern and the form of Warner. They see to rely mainly on Smith and Marcus Lab and if they donít perform not much else.
    India doesnít even have their main bowling line up and still Aussies canít get past 400.
    This is the weakest Australian batting line up for a long time. Aussies have alot of work to do to find good batsmens.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,986
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the last playing day of this tour as next 2 days will be washout.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Today is the last playing day of this tour as next 2 days will be washout.
    1-1 can be a fair result both teams played equally well. India is dominating Aus in Aus, what a turn around for Indian cricket, they are excellent team with exceptional talent coming through.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    2,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Indians have bowled well and with discipline this series, Australia's lack of depth in batting is really starting to show. Gone are the days when it seemed like an unlimited supply of 50+ Avg batsmen were just raring to get their chance. Now it seems like they really have no one outside of their main 3 (Smith, Marnus and Warner) and they are just filling their 11 with the likes of Marcus Harris.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think once England get moeen jofra stokes back then I'm confident we can beat India in india and Australia to justify the tag of the best in the world in all formats.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    3,216
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Pace View Post
    While Indians have bowled well and with discipline this series, Australia's lack of depth in batting is really starting to show. Gone are the days when it seemed like an unlimited supply of 50+ Avg batsmen were just raring to get their chance. Now it seems like they really have no one outside of their main 3 (Smith, Marnus and Warner) and they are just filling their 11 with the likes of Marcus Harris.
    I think Australia always had similar batting lineup. Most of the time Warner-Smith would do the bulk of the scoring and would shield the newbies. Apart from flat pitches, poor bowling from most opponents also make it easier for some of the lesser known Aussie batsmen to pile up runs at home. Couple years ago Australia had new comers like Renshaw, Handscomb and Bancroft, but now they are now where to be found. Labu will have tough time the moment he step foot in Asia.
    What Indian team have shown in this series is that you need a genuine wicket takers to put pressure on Australian to crumble for below par score. Bowlers will win you matches in Australia

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    This is the weakest Australian batting line up for a long time. Aussies have alot of work to do to find good batsmens.
    But wasn't this the same batting line-up that played against Pakistan last year? They didn't seem weak then.

    I would rather attribute this to the long break in cricket due to the pandemic. Except Warner, Smith n Cummins who played in the IPL none of the others played any competitive cricket. So they may be rusty though thats no excuse.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    But wasn't this the same batting line-up that played against Pakistan last year? They didn't seem weak then.

    I would rather attribute this to the long break in cricket due to the pandemic. Except Warner, Smith n Cummins who played in the IPL none of the others played any competitive cricket. So they may be rusty though thats no excuse.
    Pakistan is just not mentally tough enough to beat Australia in Aus. We went with inexperience bowling attack in Australia and it was embarrassing for the fans to see such a dismissal performance.

    India has always enjoyed playing in Australia.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Today is the last playing day of this tour as next 2 days will be washout.
    It was a few hours on both days as far as losing time goes. Did it change to rain the entire day?


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    3,216
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Pakistan is just not mentally tough enough to beat Australia in Aus. We went with inexperience bowling attack in Australia and it was embarrassing for the fans to see such a dismissal performance.

    India has always enjoyed playing in Australia.
    Except under Dhoniís leadership

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,497
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    It was a few hours on both days as far as losing time goes. Did it change to rain the entire day?
    Even those few hours loss can increase chance of draw. This is why I can never rate test cricket. Rain, 5 days of play, 3 years running tournament. In contrast, MLB can dish out over 160 games for a team in a single season.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Even those few hours loss can increase chance of draw. This is why I can never rate test cricket. Rain, 5 days of play, 3 years running tournament. In contrast, MLB can dish out over 160 games for a team in a single season.
    You probably don't realize that draw if it happens with just a few hours of loss means India played really well to get a draw with this team.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the rain doesn't deny India a win

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,721
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Australian bowlers look tired, the humongous bowling effort of the previous test looks to have taken a toll. If India gets a 1-1 draw in this series, they can consider themselves very proud where their C team gave Australias A team at home massive fits

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara gone..

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    29,131
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank God Pujara is out. He is too boring. This guy is killing test cricket single handedly. Watch Rishab Pant save Test cricket now

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    6,084
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tail started.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    29,131
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Air Agarwal is in at the crease

    The guy loves to play shots with his front foot in the air

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    6,084
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Thank God Pujara is out. He is too boring. This guy is killing test cricket single handedly. Watch Rishab Pant save Test cricket now
    Pujara nai Test cricket ujara.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Hope the rain doesn't deny India a win
    India is not winning this. Saving the test will be a huge task. 4th inning here will be very hard. It's not sydney.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    6,084
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Pujara nai Test cricket ujara.
    magar Pant nai roka uska unth.

    Second part didnt get posted for some reason.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,054
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How I miss Sachin whenever India plays Australia in Tests and ODI's.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,986
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor captaincy from Paine. Should get Starc or Cummins back against Mayank. He is a very good batsman against spin bowling. Looks like not enough homework done.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    1,986
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Even those few hours loss can increase chance of draw. This is why I can never rate test cricket. Rain, 5 days of play, 3 years running tournament. In contrast, MLB can dish out over 160 games for a team in a single season.
    Yes as if ODI cricket continues even in rain. Atleast, test cricket dont have that farcical Duckworth Lewis rule...lol.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    29,131
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Australian bowlers have picked up the virus of “not bowling into the stumps” enough from the Pakistani bowlers since Sydney.

    Very dangerous contagion this!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,054
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And some people were comparing this Rahane with Kohli

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor shot by rahane , there no need to play that ball

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,054
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's see what Pant does.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    7,261
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic from Rahane. He got off earlier when he edged into slips twice but he succumbed to that harmless Starc delivery.

    Except for that ton at MCG, he has been a complete dud in this series.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    7,261
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge six by Mayank.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    96,131
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    SIXXX

    Agarwal smashes that one

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    7,261
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we deny Lyon 400 test wickets in this test? Hope we do.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    7,261
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    And some people were comparing this Rahane with Kohli
    Nobody in Indian test team is close to Kohli as a batsman.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant to edge to first slip against cummins.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agarwal is enjoying spin and paine being a pain for Australia keeping spinner on.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    7,261
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a straight drive by Mayank!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can India make 250 here.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    96,131
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Aussies need wickets here at regular intervals.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    96,131
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Can India make 250 here.
    There is no reason why they not , unless Aussies bowl exceptionally here

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    724
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good batting by Mayank. No 5 seems to be working for him.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak fans thinks we dont have good WK batsmen, I think Rizwan is going to be a v good wk batsmen for Pakistan he has so much potential.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    Good batting by Mayank. No 5 seems to be working for him.
    Oh bhai kuch Batsmen banane ki medicine PCB ko bhi de do. India ke batting talent kamal hai yaar.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    96,131
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    161 . 4

    That is lunch

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India done well scored almost 100 runs.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,054
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Nobody in Indian test team is close to Kohli as a batsman.
    Kohli is on another league.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,054
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Oh bhai kuch Batsmen banane ki medicine PCB ko bhi de do. India ke batting talent kamal hai yaar.
    You guys are known to produce fast bowlers like cotton candies (except lately), while we are known to do the same for young batsmen.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,721
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Pathetic from Rahane. He got off earlier when he edged into slips twice but he succumbed to that harmless Starc delivery.

    Except for that ton at MCG, he has been a complete dud in this series.
    I would say Rahane is the Indian version of Asad Shafiq, his thought process and soft dismissals are inexcusable for a man of his experience and the fact he was captain today. Starc was continously pitching the ball, moving it outside the offstump, even a layman could tell what Australians were planning to do and he obliged them on a platter. Pathetic stuff.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Can India make 250 here.
    250 is gettable before tea if these 2 survive the next session as both are strokeplayers. Even if one of them bat through the innings 250 is a reality but is that enough. India shouldn't let Aussies a lead of over 50 else a draw too will be difficult.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    You guys are known to produce fast bowlers like cotton candies (except lately), while we are known to do the same for young batsmen.
    Bhai ab tu bowling ko bhi nazar lag gayi hai, we havenít produced any good bowler since Mohd Asif and Amir.

    We are seriously lacking a good coach or may be short of talent is the reason of our decline.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    7,212
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Missing Kohli the batsman, he never gives it up after scoring 30/40 😔

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Bhai ab tu bowling ko bhi nazar lag gayi hai, we haven’t produced any good bowler since Mohd Asif and Amir.

    We are seriously lacking a good coach or may be short of talent is the reason of our decline.
    Its not about talent but system and process. You tend to introduce them too early and discard them too early. A prime example is naseem shah. Whereas in India the under19s are introduced in Ranji and then India A tours and after good performances in both those platforms finally given an opportunity in national team. A prime example is Shubman Gill.

    pakistan needs to give proper respect and value to its domestic structure by introducing youngsters to the domestic ciruit and after a couple of seasons then draft them to Shaheens and national teams.

    Abdullah shafique has scored a century in the national t20 cup but has played only 1 first class match but has been fast tracked into the test series. He should have been tested in the domestic tournaments for a couple of seasons so that he gains the experience.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder why Karun Nair was discarded after scoring a triple century? He could have been handy in the absence of Kohli and Vihari

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    3,942
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    Wonder why Karun Nair was discarded after scoring a triple century? He could have been handy in the absence of Kohli and Vihari
    Not sure why he was discarded quickly.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    724
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha we were 36 all out not too long ago, so no, we don't have any great batting talent. They are definitely good and need to be encouraged though.

    But PCT has some exciting batting talent coming up. Babar is a superstar, and Rizwan is a good find. And Hafeez 3.0 is a revelation. I liked watching Haider Ali bat in the T20. Need 3-4 more batsmen to build a strong core. Your bowling is also coming together with the return of Hasan Ali. Exciting days ahead for you guys, starting with the SA series.

    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Oh bhai kuch Batsmen banane ki medicine PCB ko bhi de do. India ke batting talent kamal hai yaar.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    489
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not international quality. That 300 against a tired hapless English bowling attack was a fluke. He will struggle to get a 30 in overseas conditions.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    Its not about talent but system and process. You tend to introduce them too early and discard them too early. A prime example is naseem shah. Whereas in India the under19s are introduced in Ranji and then India A tours and after good performances in both those platforms finally given an opportunity in national team. A prime example is Shubman Gill.

    pakistan needs to give proper respect and value to its domestic structure by introducing youngsters to the domestic ciruit and after a couple of seasons then draft them to Shaheens and national teams.

    Abdullah shafique has scored a century in the national t20 cup but has played only 1 first class match but has been fast tracked into the test series. He should have been tested in the domestic tournaments for a couple of seasons so that he gains the experience.
    Indian system and the process they are following to introduce the cricketers at international level is a great example of well thought out process and it is working great for them.

    I donít like this 6 teams formula, I personally believe it can work in Australia because they are using this system for many years, but in Pakistan where cricket is the only sports where kids want to become cricketers, but now it is reduced to only 6 teams, it wont work.

    I hope PCB look into this and allow first class cricket and domestic cricket both a chance to flow and see if it produced more cricketers for us, because current it looks good for the TV but many good talent is going away or will not get a chance ever, especially Parchi system in Pakistan.

    I hope we have a good team in the coming years.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    3,200
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Indian batting doing here, throwing bat at the wrong ball instead leaving them alone, something Williamson can teach the world how to bat in test cricket. He was looking good.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    165-5 .. would have been much better if foolish Rohit Sharma didn't keep hitting in the air. He looked the only indian batsman comfortable on this pitch.


    John 3:16

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,968
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Natarajan already tattooed up with little bit of IPL fame. Players from Subcontinent start losing their mind with little bit of fame.
    Whats wrong in tattooing? I have laymen friends and cousins who have tatoos.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    Haha we were 36 all out not too long ago, so no, we don't have any great batting talent. They are definitely good and need to be encouraged though.

    But PCT has some exciting batting talent coming up. Babar is a superstar, and Rizwan is a good find. And Hafeez 3.0 is a revelation. I liked watching Haider Ali bat in the T20. Need 3-4 more batsmen to build a strong core. Your bowling is also coming together with the return of Hasan Ali. Exciting days ahead for you guys, starting with the SA series.
    On one hand you mention 36 all out in a test match and compare that performance with t20 players (hafeez, haider) from pakistan which is like comparing apples with oranges. 36 all out is a once in a bluemoon occurence. India has followed that up with 2 remarkable performances in the following test matches. So dismissing of the team based on one off session doesn't make sense.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can india get another 80 Runs?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,968
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Pace View Post
    While Indians have bowled well and with discipline this series, Australia's lack of depth in batting is really starting to show. Gone are the days when it seemed like an unlimited supply of 50+ Avg batsmen were just raring to get their chance. Now it seems like they really have no one outside of their main 3 (Smith, Marnus and Warner) and they are just filling their 11 with the likes of Marcus Harris.
    That is the same with most of the countries. Even Indians donít have many test quality batsmen. I would blame T20s.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,968
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    I think once England get moeen jofra stokes back then I'm confident we can beat India in india and Australia to justify the tag of the best in the world in all formats.
    How will moeen and jofra help in winning in India? Moeen is mediocre spinner and Joffraís pace is not gonna work in India unless he learns to reverse swing the SG ball like Indian bowlers.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    724
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, I am not dismissing the Indian batting. I was responding to the poster who said India is producing phenomenal batting talent; we have good batsmen but they are still work in progress, case in point: the way Rohit, Rahane and Mayank got out in this match.

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    On one hand you mention 36 all out in a test match and compare that performance with t20 players (hafeez, haider) from pakistan which is like comparing apples with oranges. 36 all out is a once in a bluemoon occurence. India has followed that up with 2 remarkable performances in the following test matches. So dismissing of the team based on one off session doesn't make sense.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •